[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One Roll Overwatch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: dva-skin-classic.jpg (768KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dva-skin-classic.jpg
768KB, 1080x1080px
Yesterday an anon posted in the One Roll Engine General thread about the prospect of using Wild Talents to run an Overwatch game. I said that I'd stat up D.Va's kit using the system today, but the thread got archived before I could post.

Next post has the fruit of my labor. Pretty happy with the result.

Also, other One Roll Engine discussion, I guess.
>>
File: D.Va.pdf (13KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
D.Va.pdf
13KB, 1x1px
Here's the result. There's a sidebar about using Hyperbody dice to create vehicles and attaching Miracles to them, which is what I did here. All of the non-Hyperskill miracles have Attached-2 on them, since they require that D.Va's mech be intact for their use. Were this a game entirely about mech combat I wouldn't even bother, but given that it's her gimmick I thought it would be a good way to represent what sets her apart from other characters.

I didn't stat up her Light Gun since that, by Overwatch standards, is just a regular weapon instead of a crazy mish-mash of armor. Speaking of which, I didn't give her mech actual Heavy Armor out of concern for balance. Her Defense Matrix already crushes any projectile attack coming her way, and her suit's wound boxes give her a significant amount of survivability, so I figured giving her heavy armor on-top of that would be overkill. Instead I stuck with a big wad of Light Armor.

I also didn't use the Focus flaw on any of these, since basically all Overwatch characters have Focus gear instead of inborn abilities, thus there's no point in applying a universal -1 pt flaw to every single ability a character might have.
>>
>>54426262
Ah! I've been looking for the new /ore/ general in hopes to find this! I think my D.Va player will be pleased to see the results of your take on the Neon Pink Evangelion and Gremlin pilot combo.
>>
>>54426538
Thanks!

I didn't worry about her Stats or Skills here because that has a large bearing on the kind of game you want to play, frankly. Wild Talents is quite comfortable with shoot-em-up style combat, but it also embraces a wider array of actions that I assume you'd want to explore within the scope of your game.

If you are planning to launch this game, what kind of stuff are you looking to do?
>>
>>54426603
The basic premise is that someone's recalled the former Overwatch agents to active duty after the organization was shut down in the wake of the Omnic Crisis (sentient robots got tired of being treated like second-class citizens and rose up against humanity) getting settled. Former agents have been hunted down, the world seems to be on the brink of a second Omnic Crisis, and there's a brave group of heroes out to fix the problems of the world in the year 207X.

They get missions from a genetically-uplifted gorilla and kick bad-guy butt in exotic locales.
>>
So it's going to be more of a standard adventure then Overwatch's team deathmatch set-up?
>>
File: mCtFttp.jpg (89KB, 720x880px) Image search: [Google]
mCtFttp.jpg
89KB, 720x880px
>>54426925
Yeah, the game's actual play is explicitly stated to be non-canon, which is why you got bad guys and good guys teaming up to push a cart about 150 meters from A to B. Or capture a control point for Pic Related reasons.
>>
>>54426215
>overwatch
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>54427108
Alright so what'd you'd probably want to do then for D.Va in particular is identify some other features and abilities that the player would like her mech to have that aren't seen in the game explicitly, since the thing I built is pretty much directly translated from the gameplay without much else added. This is supposed to be a vehicle for handling existential threats, so I'd imagine it can do more than shoot laser shotguns and shoulder check dudes.
>>
>>54427511
I've played Overwatch with her and seen her game play captures. She's 100% all about being a huge bully in a mech and ramming people off cliffs. But, I suppose there'd be more powers and shiny things added on as the game went on.
>>
>>54427861
Then build her in the suit as "The Muscle". As it stands her suit has 6d in Hyperbody, meaning it can lift 1600 lbs. And it already has some Hyperathletics and Hyperbrawling for her Boosters. You can elaborate on that with a seperate Hyperathletics for being able to lift stuff. Just as an example.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.