[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MtG $$$$$$ COMPETITIVE $$$$$$ MODERN GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 36

File: Needmorecutemtgpics.jpg (170KB, 1000x1102px) Image search: [Google]
Needmorecutemtgpics.jpg
170KB, 1000x1102px
We back on the Pro Tour edition

Playing, Haitng etc

>RESOURCES:
>Current Modern Metagame
>http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO
>https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern

>DATABASES:
>magiccards.info
>gatherer.wizards.com
>>
First for my huge dick.
>>
>>54424577
is liliana casting necropotence?
>>
>>54424633
Geralf's Messenger??
>>
>playing
burn
>hating
Chalice on 1. Other than that I'm pretty peachy.
Anon with the mono green stompy deck that runs hardened scales, you here? Deck looks dope, I just want to know how it does against others.
>>
Can someone explain what makes eidolon of the great revel so great it does damage to you too (building a burn deck)?
>>
>>54425036
in burn you don't care about your life total because they're going to be dying first
>>
>playing
Naya Zoo, Soul Sisters & Cheeri0s
>hating
Control-heavy decks in general
>>
>>54425047
Makes sense, how's this deck look then?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/white-red-burn-deck/
>>
When will they ban what is ACTUALLY warping the format?

>Urza's tower is banned
>Grapeshot is banned
>Empty the warrens is banned
>Eldrazi temple is banned

>Stoneforge mystic is unbanned
>Splinter twin is unbanned
>>
>>54425036
It's a removal magnet that will always do atleast 2 damage no matter what. Sometimes it does more than 2, sometimes you can even get a hit in with it.
>>
>>54425110
looks suboptimal. you should definitely be running 4 rift bolt and 4 lava spike. 3 mana for 4 damage is really inefficient.

goblin guide is a big must-have for the deck but i can understand cutting it for budget concerns
>>
>>54425111
simply epic my dude
>>
>>54425110
Get rid of flames of the blood hand and deflecting palm. Run rift bolt and a full playset of lava spike.
Ball lightning is hot trash save up for a playset of goblin guides. Get some fetchlands and shocklands while you are at it, assuming it is in your budget range.
>>
>>54425110
You could certainly do worse
I play burn almost exclusively, here is the dumpster fire I'm running.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/lightning-bolt-tribal/
ignore the lathnu hellion it's a meme
>>
>>Playing
4C Splendid Valakut
>>Hating
Tron and all it's bastard children
>>
>>54425232
>4C Splendid Valakut
You found a way to make the deck consistent?
>>
>playing
Devoted Company
>hating
Noble Hierach's price.
>>
>>54425166
Ball Lightning is surprisingly good only because most people fetch on their turn because Fatal Push hits everything in Burn without revolt so Ball can sneak in
>>
>>54424577
Xmage server is shit
>>
>>54425600
Is woogerworks down again? Or do you just have 3rd world internet?
>>
File: IMG_1274.png (126KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1274.png
126KB, 223x311px
Will they ever print more cars? Or are the just a kaldesh meme?
>>
>>54425784
They're in Ixilan.
>>
File: modern-decks.jpg (2MB, 2000x1500px)
modern-decks.jpg
2MB, 2000x1500px
>>54424577
>Playing
See pic.

>Hating
I'm sick of my opponents always getting what little sideboard hate they have for Affinity.
>>
>>54425972
>all those obvious china fakes
>still playing bolt in GDS
>still playing kitty burn
lmao my man
>>
>>54426085
i thought you would be more angry at him for playing storm
>>
File: cock-magic.jpg (56KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
cock-magic.jpg
56KB, 320x320px
>>54426085
>all those obvious china fakes
>calling real cards fake from a low-res picture

>still playing bolt in GDS
Um... yeah. It seems fine.

>still playing kitty burn
Actually I haven't played it all year, but maybe one of the days.
>>
>>54426114
I figured someone would call out the amulet deck... it's pretty shitty and I only play it between rounds.
>>
>>54425798
Did they leak?
>>
>>54426085
Most people play a one-off or two-off bolt in gds.
>>
>>54426305
>Most people play a one-off or two-off bolt in gds.
Most people have cut bolt entirely because it's not good right now unless you're playing burn. The more optimal lists play 1 mana negate instead.
>>
so, are modern zombies a thing, or are they the same shit as usual?

(asking bc I wanna make a zombie deck)
>>
How do I know the number of copies I should take of cards? I mean, How do I evaluate the number of counters, or removal, etc to put in a deck?
>>
>>54426475
there's dredge.
>>
>>54426505
>How do I evaluate the number of counters, or removal, etc to put in a deck?
Test against meta decks and see what works.
>>
File: IMG_0023.jpg (164KB, 1094x736px)
IMG_0023.jpg
164KB, 1094x736px
>>54425248
Stinkweed imp is pure gas, I've got a couple wins on turn 4 but a lot of games end up being just life from the loam and slowly beat face.

Snapcaster lets us hit splendids in the yard, and most hands are keepable if they have

A) acceleration and or
B) either splendid or snapcaster

Dakmor Salvage+trade routes works well for filling our yard with any extra mana we have kicking around, and serves to let us dig through land drops and hit splendid if we didn't have one in hand or if it was hit by discard.

So far the list works reasonably well, as we have quite a few slots dedicated to disruption, and ancient grudge and ray of revelation out of the board to deal with hate ((note for ray, we can only cast it if it's hits the yard, as we don't run any white sources.))

Stinkweed imp is also an excellent blocker for most of moderns threats.
>>
>>54424577
So can this work in modern?
>>
>>54426897
can you kill your opponent on turn 4 in a combo including this card?
>>
Hey guys, I'm a long time Esper Control player who's decided to play something a little more meta. I've decided that I'm going to change as little as possible and have gone for Jeskai Control.

Here's the list:

4 Snapcaster Mage
1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

2 Ancestral Vision
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Path to Exile
3 Serum Visions
2 Spell Snare
2 Lightning Helix
2 Mana Leak
1 Disallow
1 Sphinx's Revelation
3 Cryptic Command
4 Nahiri, the Harbinger
2 Supreme Verdict

4 Celestial Colonnade
4 Flooded Strand
2 Ghost Quarter
3 Hallowed Fountain
3 Island
1 Mountain
2 Plains
4 Scalding Tarn
2 Steam Vents

Sideboard:
2 Geist of Saint Traft
1 Dispel
1 Hurkyl's Recall
1 Lightning Helix
2 Rest in Peace
2 Stony Silence
2 Timely Reinforcements
1 Crumble to Dust
2 Supreme Verdict
1 Elspeth, Sun's Champion
>>
>>54427187
ok
>>
>>54426304
The whole Sheet of uncut rares/mythics where leaked like a month ago. and one of them looks like its Vehical.
>>
>>54426976
Ad nauseam + grace?
>>
>>54426897
Probably not, which is a shame since I like the art and it seems pretty dope.
>>
>>54426304
a very blurry page of rares/mythics did yes, you can tell there's a pirate ship with colorless mana cost, a brown box around it's power/toughness and the a similar border pattern to aether vehicles.
>>
is ethersworn canonist waifu material?
>>
>>54427812
is it possible to fuck a metal skeleton?
>>
>>54427812
>not master transmuter
Shit taste senpai
>>
>>54428042
i like my waifus white and in my sideboard
>>
>>54428042
Nice face but not enough meat desu
>>
The most fuckable mtg girl is Monastery Swiftspear
>>
>>54428235
i would bone chandra desu, but i im afraid that i might get unintentionally creamated if she came and burst in flame
>>
File: 203.jpg (76KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
203.jpg
76KB, 312x445px
>>54428235
>not hanna
>not nahiri
>not heretical cathar

mediocre taste desu
>>
Haven't played modern in months and now I saw that Death's Shadow seems to be everywhere.

Any idea on how a Burn deck would sideboard against it? is it just a bad matchup for Burn?
>>
>>54428395

Almost a free win for burn is what I imagine. They pack a lot of removal that's effective on your creatures, and they have some fast clocks too, but they pretty much do half your job for you.
>>
>>54428395
It's a decent matchup for burn. You'd bring in your graveyard hate of choice, most likely RiP but some run Relic of Progenitus apparently, keep their graveyard small. I'd bring in Deflecting Palm as well because it helps you survive a turn and it can randomly do a lot of damage if they attack into it with a big Death's Shadow. Could also see Ensnaring Bridge being relevant.
>>
>>54428322

> nu-Wizards will never let artists like Terese Nielsen make beautiful artwork again on good cards unless its for a special set with limited supply and high MRSP
> We're stuck with unimaginative CG trash forever
>>
>>54428457
Was wondering about relic since I do not see grixis death shadow using the gy much if they have deaths shadow out.

Also they always seem to have stubborn denial in hand already
>>
>>54428395
https://pastebin.com/YfiFXYXZ

here's what I've been running, sideboard plan for jund shadow is usually -4 eidolon +4 dpalm -1 lavaman +1 rest in peace -2 blaze +2 path, vs grixis shadow would keep in eidolon for all their cantrips. sideboard could easily be changed up.

mainboard is designed to have a lot of fun vs shadow decks and burn mirrors.
>>
>>54428551

T2 or T3 Tasigur or Angler happens more often than you think, also stopping Snaps can be big.
>>
>>54427187
Nahiri was a fad, the current meta conttol deck is UW with Spreading Seas.

I would just stick to Esper though. It's at a similar power level, it wrecks the mirror, and it's more fun.
>>
>>54427187
It's really poorly positioned at the moment, bolts and helixes don't do shit and AV is really hit and miss.

This list looks particularly clunky with a jammed up 4 drop slot. This is one the the problems with the new nahiri decks, you kind of have to play more 4 drops.
>>
>>54428451
It's actually not a free win. DS can just wait for you to drop the life total for them, and focus on stripping out the good parts of your deck or priming the graveyard for K command and big black fish.

Game 2 is much better however, so long as you're packing yard hate.
>>
>Top finally banned in Legacy to kill slow play
>meanwhile Lantern is STILL legal in modern
Why hasn't this been banned? It's had a decent showing on camera and it obviously does the same thing as top so why is it still legal?
>>
>>54429511
>crying about a low-tier 2 deck
Literally stop playing creatures-only aggro, fag.
>>
>>54429511

Top was banned because a format-warping deck abused it. I think cb should have been hit instead because they clearly just wanted to kill miracles, but they ended up hurting a lot of interesting/fringe decks that used top to keep up with the cantrip cartel. That's not the point though. You can't call for a ban on a card unless it actually starts to warp the format. Lantern shows up in exactly ONE deck, a tier 3 one at that.
>>
>>54429843
Not an argument.

>You can't call for a ban on a card unless it actually starts to warp the format
A card can still be unhealthy for format and not be warping and that alone should be a reason to ban it regardless of the decks tier.
>>
>>54430319
>A card can still be unhealthy for format and not be warping
in what way? It's not like eggs which had the issue of super long turns or anything
>>
>>54430319
define "unhealthy"
>>
>>54430368
>define "unhealthy"
"Things that hurt my feelings"
t. anon
>>
>>54430366
When your opponent doesn't get to play because all they draw is lands they aren't really taking a turn.
>>
File: you.jpg (20KB, 519x400px)
you.jpg
20KB, 519x400px
>>54429511
>t. Alberto Babybosa
>>
>>54430900
What are you running that folds so easily to Lantern Control? Why don't you play something else?
>>
>>54431015
Not an argument

>>54430366
Similar to top it can result in people slow playing and presenting logistical problems in tournys.

>>54430368
Not good for the format as a whole and detrimental to the goals of the format.
>>
>>54431096
How is it not good for the format?

What would you say are the goals of the format?
>>
>>54431096
Lantern is only boring to play against if you're already playing a deck that doesn't intend to interact with your opponent. Playing against lantern with decks like skred, control, or jund can be really fun.
>>
>>54428528

>We'll never get art by UDON

It was even featured in a story article http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/promises-old-and-new-2016-04-13
>>
>>54431208

shit, I posted the full card one
>>
>>54431030
>What are you running that folds so easily to Eggs? Why don't you play something else?
>>
>>54431096
>Not good for the format as a whole
What is "good" for the format?
>detrimental to the goals of the format.
The format has a goal?
>>
>>54430900
When someone wins on turn 4 their opponent doesn't get to play for the rest of the game either. Lantern is no different, except some retards will opt to draw lands for 5 minutes so they can cry. This is the competitive modern general, not modern weenie hut junior.
>>54431096
Similar to top it can result in people slow playing and presenting logistical problems in tourneys.
No it doesn't. The problem with eggs wasn't just that it was slow, it was that it was slow all in one turn. The 5 extra turns after going to time rule did not work with eggs. It works perfectly with lantern control, which has extremely quick turns once the lock is in place, and on par with the rest of the format all other times.
>>
>>54431242
Back when it was a thing, I ran RUG Delver. It wasn't a great deck, but it beat the shit out of Eggs.
>>
File: congrats.png (124KB, 600x570px)
congrats.png
124KB, 600x570px
>>54431096
>Muh not an argument
Make a decent point that isn't based off your feelings and you'll get an argument.
>>
>>54431353
Not an argument

>>54431340
I'm not comparing Lantern to eggs you retard so stop making the pointless comparison. There's a reason I used SDT as an example and not eggs.

>fast turns once the lock is down
Just because people can play fast with top doesn't mean its a fine card. Again go look at the top ban for precedent.

>>54431117
>how is a deck that results in slowplay similar to top not good for the format?
>>
>>54431486

The slowplay reasoning from wotc was bullshit. They were just bracing for the autism apocalypse that would result when a good percentage of legacy players find out that their $2500 pile of cardboard is now unusable. What it sounds like to me is that your feefees were hurt when a lantern player found his ensnaring bridge and your timmy creatures couldn't finish him off as he assembled his lock.
>>
>>54431486
>He's still trying
>>
>>54431486
>results in slowplay
You're not talking about Lantern, right?
>>
File: NOT.jpg (28KB, 567x565px)
NOT.jpg
28KB, 567x565px
>>54431583
>>54431753
>>
>>54431791
I'm sorry, that's not an argument.
>>
>lantern players don't take 5 minutes deciding if they want you to mill a card or not
Huh, must just be the guy here.
>>
File: hotoffpress.png (16KB, 698x1284px) Image search: [Google]
hotoffpress.png
16KB, 698x1284px
>>54431791
Home-baked just for you Anon.
>>
>>54431906
Wow, what a nice and well thought out argument addressing the points I made. You're the one that should "fuck off retard". Also not an argument.
>>
>make a normal modern thread
>everything is fine
>make a #competitive gp winners only modern thread
>goes to shit fast
Really makes you think.
>>
>>54431943
>thinking you deserve an argument
making fun of you is so much more fun
>>
>>54432046
>everything is fine
>implying
The only difference between the threads is the brand new to mtg people don't come and the shitbrewers stay away for a little while until people start to troll with shitbrews.
>>
>>54432046
Because "help me with my tier 14 boros angel deck" and "what basic land art do you like" are such great modern discussions. I think this guy shitting himself in anger that lantern isn't banned is a fucking ape but at least it's modern related.
>>
>>54431943
>How dare he not spend his time refuting my shitty ideas!
kek
>>
>>54432085
In case you're blind, forgetful, or both, the land discussion was specifically to get away from some autist complaining about grammar in reference to trannies.

Magic > Not Magic
>>
>>54432052
>y-y-you don't deserve an argument
So you can't argue against the points? Nice to see that you're as retarded as your gay little ms paint comic. Keep it up with the non-arguments though it's fucking hilarious.
>>
>>54432085
>helping someone with a modern legal deck isn't modern related because the deck isn't tier 1
It's not like anyone would help with a tier 1 deck anyways, they would just say netdeck off top8 or some shit.
>>
>>54432121
see
>>54432139
>>
>>54432139
Sorry, I milled the argument off the top of your deck. You get land instead.
>>
>>54432215
BAN LANTERN
>>
>>54432186
There's a difference between helping a deck that could reasonably compete and a dumpster fire shitbrew.

>they would just say to netdeck
We get people talking about flex slots, tech and SB in tier decks all the time without "netdecking"
>>
>>54431486
>how is a deck that results in slowplay
Are you talking about lantern? If someone is slow-playing lantern, you should call a judge over.
>>
What does Ponza need to not get buttfucked by Thoughtseize?
>>
>>54432285
Keeping a hand that isn't beaten by Thoughtseize.
>>
>>54429843
>Humans above elves

This is wrong.
>>
I want to play esper. What archtypes are availible to me?
>>
>>54432374
Are you new?
Tiers are an indication of playrate, nothing more.
>>
>>54432372
>keep double Utopias
>they pick Avalanche Riders instead

No.
>>
>>54432285
The only decks that don't get fucked by Thoughtseize either
>don't care about discard at all (Dredge)
>have lots of cantrips and card draw to draw into action later (UWx Control)
>are so redundant it doesn't matter what Thoughtseize takes (Burn)

Ramp decks can't really be built like that by their combo-like nature, so your best bet is to load up on big threats and hope to out-topdeck your opponent (like Tron often does) or play stuff like Obstinate Baloth
>>
>>54432384
This. Shadow in particular is overplayed as fuck.
>didn't win Vegas or that Japanese GP despite being a majority of the field
>people still pretend it's the unbeatable top deck
>>
>>54432376
Esper is fucking awesome when it comes to variations right now.

DS (obvious)
Draw go
Glory-Bound midrange (meme)
Goryo midrange/junk
PW control / Transcendent

Transcendent and Goryo variations are my favorite at the moment.
>>
>>54424577
newfag with a set question, when i asked my friends about sets/blocks to avoid. i keep hearing mention of the kamigawa block. why was that set so bad? what made it bad?
>>
>>54424577
>queue up modern
>run into eldrazi tron
>i'm playing knowledge pool lockout
>draw my curse but no pool
>they resolve ugin, I have an answer
>they resolve ugin 2, I have no answer
>they get cocky, unexpected result reveals emrakul on top of their deck, don't cast it expecting me to concede
>knowledge pool off the top, cast it and exile emrakul. still ded to ugin in 3 turns but at least I have a chance
>opponent ults ugin (completely didn't even think about getting under the lock)
>plops down an ulamog and emrakul, but since they weren't cast they don't get triggers. ugin is at 1
>can't imagine any outs except them having an ulamog in hand so that I can cast it when I take their turn
>cast a random spell, get to cast emrakul and take their turn over
>take their turn, ulamog in hand, I can -ugin to get rid of him, just have to survive one planar bridge activation and dodge them drawing their last ulamog
>cast ulamog as them, exile their ulamog and emrakul and then the ulamog I cast gets exiled by pool, -ugin and let them have their crack at it
>they tank for a while, then try to cast the ulamog under knowledge pool with another random spell; they are unable to do so.
>my turn, I cast another spell to cast the ulamog under pool, exile planar bridge and a tron land and swing with emrakul

ty for reading my blog please share your stories of unlikely outs working for you.
>>
>>54432488
Low power cards. You can find most effects for a mana or two cheaper in other blocks.
Unique mechanics were also ass. Bushido is alright but nothing special (it's like Flanking), Soushift had nothing good to target, Spiritcraft/Splice again had nothing good to work with, and it all goes downhill from there.

Kamigawa block was its own separate entity that doesn't want to play around the same rules as other blocks. A smaller, localized example would be the snow lands from Coldsnap, which were never relevant in any other set.
You're basically playing Standard+ instead of Modern.
>>
>>54432434
A 4-of sieze isn't the problem, its sieze + iok + duress that gives black too much consistency at taking everything worthwhile
>>
>>54432650
The consistency is less of an issue than there being no counterplay to a T1 casting of either of those.
>Leyline
HA
>>
Standard scrub here, just built my first modern deck based on a few sources. How'd I do?

2 Caves of Koilos
4 Godless Shrine
1 Isolated Chapel
3 Plains
1 Polluted Delta
2 Swamp
1 Vault of the Archangel
4 Windbrisk Heights
4 Windswept Heath
4 Inquisition of Kozilek
4 Lingering Souls
4 Spectral Procession
4 Path to Exile
4 Raise the Alarm
3 Zealous Persecution
1 Anointed Procession
4 Intangible Virtue
3 Sorin, Solemn Visitor
4 Smuggler's Copter
3 Hero of Bladehold

I feel like there are too many painful lands, but I guess Sorin and Vault can help with that. Should be getting Bitterblossoms soon as well.
>>
File: 1500393283750.jpg (21KB, 321x322px)
1500393283750.jpg
21KB, 321x322px
>>54424577
>still playing magic
>>
>>54432709
Could be worse.
>>
>>54432709
find some room for 3 concealed courtyard and a shambling vent or 2
>>
>>54432709
Concealed courtyard would be a good addition to the manabase and I think Gideon AoZ would be decent in a tokens list. Will definitely be playable with bitterblossoms though.
>>
What is a fair price you would pay for a Noble Hierarch, 50 USD?
>>
>>54432709
Whats the deck suppost to do?
>>
>>54432954
How many are you selling? I'll take all of them.
>>
>>54432900
>>54432924
Easy enough to do. Gideon will have to wait a bit, but the manabase has room

>>54432965
It's a BW tokens deck.
>>
>>54432085
>what basic land art do you like
This is a great thing to ask in the thread
Anyone who says anything other than Guru Basics is a fucking poorfag and a pleb
>>
>>54432971
No I'm buying but I cant decide what it actually a good deal that I should jump on when they're already so inflated and I'm already so poor
>>
>>54433017
>not using Terese Nielsen judge foils

>>54433027
>>54432954
Considering that she normally goes for ~60USD, provided they're in good condition and real I'd jump on that since she's the best dork in modern and likely not going down anytime soon.
>>
Anyone else going to GP Toronto on Saturday?
>>
>>54433115
Me
>>
>>54432954
3 usd at best when chinamen fakes are available
>>
>>54433586
>spending money on something that gets you disqualified
>>
>>54433157
What you gonna be playing my nigga? Any spicy tech you gonna try out?
>>
>>54433687
Do not reply to china posters
>>
If the point of Smallpox decks is Smallpox, why don't they run Snappies to cast more Smallpox?
>>
>>54433983
Because Smallpox is typically BW and blue is shit
>>
SELL ALL MISHRA'S BAUBLES
SELL ALL STREET WRAITHS
BAN INCOMING
https://turnonethoughtseize.com/2017/07/20/unofficial-modern-mtg-ban-watchlist/
>>
>Want to build grixis DS
>afraid they will ban streetwraith

I should just focus on the lands and snap caster first, right?
>>
>>54434048
The predictability of these articles appearing is reaching a point where it's now considered clickbait. Everyone scrambles to write about ban predictions, prerelease strategies, hot new metagame shit, and all the like. And who the fuck knows if they've done the work or are just fishing for the sweet ad-revenue.

In the case of banlist predictions how the fuck do they know if Wizards plans on banning shit. They don't work inside; and Wizards has been stupidly inconsistent in what they deem is banworthy and the criteria involved.

So take your article and bandwagoning and "market speculation" and fuck off. Guess what, like all things it doesn't fucking matter until the day it is announced.
>>
>>54434048

>selling out of your decks because of speculation from some blog

Go back to reading buzzfeed, cretin
>>
>>54434048
>opal ban
mfw
>>
File: 154886653.jpg (31KB, 300x419px)
154886653.jpg
31KB, 300x419px
>>54434048
I don't know what's gonna be banned, but I know what's getting unbanned.
>>
>>54434213
FREE DREAD RETURN
>>
>>54434067
Yup
>>
>>54432965
It's a midrange deck. Missing dat toughseize though.
>>
>>54434187
Didn't look at the article but a Death's Shadow ban wouldn't be too surprising really if WotC is consistent at all in their philosophy

If they banned Twin because it strangled other UR archetypes until they ran Twin then it would make sense that they ban a part of Shadow because if you are black and not a combo deck you might as well run some shadows and street wraiths.

Grixis/Jund/Abzan/4 Color Shadow is very reminiscent of Grixis/Temur/Jeskai/4 Color Twin before banning.
>>
>>54434048
Cannot wait for "No changes" announcement this August.
>>
>>54434048
Grixis DS didn't even reach top 8 in that vegas event. Back in the day they only banned the shit that won.
>>
>>54434316
Every day I become more convinced that Wizards changed their MTGO data releases because people think DS is a problem.
>>
>>54434048
>lantern 7/10 chance of being banned
Nice to see a well written and thought out article agrees with me on this sentiment. Can't wait for that cancerous deck to eat a ban
>>
File: ur move.png (3MB, 1680x1049px)
ur move.png
3MB, 1680x1049px
>>54424577
this feels like the old days of affinity
>>
>>54433728
Something I can be done my rounds quickly with

You?
>>
>>54432488
>Low overall powerlevel
>Cards that mostly synergize with only the block itself, forcing you to double down on bad/mediocre cards
>Unique flavor that's really love or hate
>Came right after one of the most broken blocks in magic history

I actually liked Kamigawa but it was kind of awful.
>>
>>54434350
this start looks pretty shit against any removal spell though
>>
>>54434343
Everyday for the past ~10 years I am more convinced that Wizards hasn't fucking figured out what they want to do with the game because they introduce new promotional or game-structure changing bullshit that shakes up an ever increasingly unstable play environment.

In the past year apparently new Pro-club changes and GP, PT changes, split card changes, CMC changes, FNM changes, Standard Showdown whatever the fuck that is, and a new rotation scheme. Seriously, fuck it. I'll just be like every other retard out there and deal with it when it happens.
>>
WHEN THE FUCK IS DEATHS SHIT GETTING BANNED

1 MANA 7/7S IS NOT (NOT) FAIR
>>
File: 2quick.png (3MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
2quick.png
3MB, 1680x1050px
>>54434386
>>
>>54434413
The fact they work 2 years ahead just messes them up a lot. I don't really buy into the whole 'massive incompetence' meme. I still really enjoy the game. I still get surprised by magic design from time to time despite playing (off and on) since Apocalypse. At least they're willing to shake things up.
>>
>>54434475
>has 3 more turns to draw an answer
>concedes immediately
riveting games
>>
>>54433091
I actually have 3 Terese Nielsen Judge foil Mountains in Burn
>>
>>54434413
I think Wizards is just stupid and they are they are trying to find a way to extort more money from people buying literal cardboard

Unfortunately they are rocking the boat hardcore

>hey guys no more coresets because they dont bring in enough MONEY
>oh...we needed those for format staples. Just kidding!
>You liked the expedition land cycle? I have an idea! Lets make one in every fucking set because the idea prints money haha
>oh...it's not very unique anymore if we shove it in your face every day? uh just kidding
>we need to speed up standard so we get more money!
>oh you stop showing up? uh it was just a prank we take it back
>I have an idea we will put gatewatch on everything! everything will be about gatewatch! get some of those marvel bucks
>oh people actually got sick of it in like 2 sets? well never mind then
>3 set blocks are stupid and dont get enough money! How about 2 set blocks?
>oh its kinda bad? well how about 1 set blocks...how about no blocks....
>FNM seems pretty good and is the lifeblood of our fucking game but all those mean players that win scare off all the money- i mean casual players. Lets get rid of the main prize and give you a token instead! Competitive and FNM regulars can fuck off
>????

I get they work 2 years ahead but holy shit who manages this garbage.

How about you take the long stable and successful franchise and maybe I dunno slowly change it? Not twist it's arm every month and hope money comes out
>>
>>54434569
You missed all the "oh commander is our newbie format now"
"Oh wait, everything costs too much and we have a retarded ban list?"
"..."
"Can we do standard with commander?"
>>
>>54434569
>>54434844
We could make an entire thread out of listing all of their mistakes desu
>>
>>54432445
They're all meme
>>
>>54434569
At least they're trying to implement changes and are willing to reverse their decisions when it doesnt work out. Thats something that should be commended i think
>>
>>54435103
Kind of. They all get shit on by tron, so I guess thats pretty meme.
>>
>>54435362
Everything gets shit on by Tron. Just get over having one bad match up. Some decks fold to Burn, and some fucks put 6 cards in sideboard for just that one match up, that they lose anyway.
>>
>>54436473
Yeah, honestly I was dedicating like 6 SB slots to tron and still losing all of them, decided it's not worth it and just put in more tech vs DS, control and affinity.
>>
Anyone have that weird draw the deck lands list that some anon kept posting like a week or two ago?
>>
>>54434350
Kadoltha Red?
>>
>>54438165
Ad nauseum or seismic swans
>>
>>54438324
No it relied on tireless trackers.
>>
>>54434569
You can thank John Corporate and the fuckwits at Hasbro for that. Origins-era Magic has been entirely marred by them alone, from forcing Kaladesh in front of Amonkhet at the last minute and fucking up Standard by not letting sideboard answers hit the format first, to pushing the living shit out of the Gatewatch and backing the writing team against the wall, making them rewrite the entirety of Kaladesh, which was originally going to only feature Chandra. Everything reeks to high heaven of stuffed shirts whose entire knowledge of WotC gets funneled to them on charts thinking they know better than the industry. This might be the only time I've ever felt bad for MaRo.
>>
File: bew2.png (569KB, 540x685px)
bew2.png
569KB, 540x685px
>>54438165
1/2
>>
File: Amulet.png (2MB, 1425x660px)
Amulet.png
2MB, 1425x660px
>>54438165
2/2
>>
>>54438447
>>54438463
>amulet bloom without bloom
ew
>>
>>54438531
Except that isn't amulet bloom you dolt
>>
>>54438580
I know, It doesn't have summer bloom
:^)
>>
>>54438174
Kinda, I run crack the earth and boom/bust along with 4 baubles, 4 opals, 4 ornithopters, 4 memnites, 4 crypts, and 4 salvage titans. I run 1 boom/bust in the main and side in more along with more lands if I'm on the play. Salvage titan isn't very good but it's pretty sweet when I can back it up with ld.
>>
>>54438174
Forgot to mention that I also run 4 slag fiends.
>>
Why do people get mad about Blood Moon? Especially three color control players who would rather use blue sources on their turn to play Serum Visions or flip Jace instead of representing Mana Leak so I have to at least think about slamming my turn 3 wincon down their throat?

Sorry your Colonnade isn't going to get to swing this game, I guess.
>>
Am I the only one that doesnt want a Modern Pro Tour? Only reason is that this will be the ban announcement afterwards
Street Wraith is banned
Eldrazi Temple is banned
Mox Opal is banned
Simian Spirit Guide is banned
Lantern of Insight is banned
Goblin Guide is banned
Vizier of Remedies is banned
Grapeshot is banned
Thoughtseize is banned
>>
>>54439125
But anon, all of those bans would improve the format tremendously.
>>
>>54439125
They promised no shake up bans on twitter though :^)
>>
I can't find the noncompetitive version of this thread so I'll post this in here.

I have this really jank shit that I want to bring to my LGS and see how it goes. Probably last place, but I want to do it anyway.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-03-17-11/

I'm looking for a way to get some card draw in here, and maybe fix my lands. Any ideas?
>>
>>54439166
Yeah so we can all play basically Limited with fetch and shock manabases. Ill attack with my Wind Drake and White Knight! So much fun
>>
>>54439125
You forgot fetchlands, Fatal Push, Path to Exile, Lightning Bolt and Ancestral Visions
>>
>>54439310
Or we just hit everything in this list

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/format-staples/modern/full/all

We wouldn't want an unhealthy meta would we? Especially when we have a PT
>>
>>54425111
>Grapeshot
>Empty the warrens
How is storm warping the format? It's a deck that has almost no way to protect itself, dies to practically any hate and/or removal and is entirely dependent on luck to get the right cards and their opp not having any removal/hate to even kill someone.
>>
>>54439370
Won a GP recently :^)
>>
Ban lands from modern, every single deck that has ever won a gp or ptq has lands in it, thyey are too overpowered and the top 8 decks all have had lands 100% of the time, infact lands are played even more than DS
>>
>>54439680
Ban dredgers manaless dredge is warping the format now
>>
Ban eldrazi temple. Turn 2 thought knots should not be allowed to exist.
>>
File: bant_command.jpg (253KB, 1380x669px) Image search: [Google]
bant_command.jpg
253KB, 1380x669px
R8 my Bant Eternal Command list.

The maindeck feels tight but I have no idea what to do with my sideboard.
>>
Who prints the best fakes at the moment? Asking for a friend.
>>
>>54438779
Blood Moon is kinda cheesy but as a draw-go autist it doesn't make me reee nearly as hard as watching someone cast Thought Knot Seer or Reality Smasher off of Cavern while I have a Cryptic in hand.
>>
File: 1473061945580.jpg (34KB, 338x305px)
1473061945580.jpg
34KB, 338x305px
>>54439125
>banning goblin guide
>>
>double sleeve my deck
>it barely fits in the box now
>>
>>54439125
I don't see Chalice there. Why isn't Chalice there?
>>
>>54438779
Blood moon is one of my favourite cards, if that gets some salty tears to drip that's an nice bonus
>>
>>54425111
>unban stoneforge
>makes no mention of bloodbraid
>ban storm when there are already 7 different cards banned due to it
wew lad
>>
>>54438779
>play against some guy
>he laughs and has this smug look on his face at opening 7
>he's on play
>mountain, SSG, SSG, blood moon and passes with a smug look on his face
>i draw, play mountain, gobby guide and swing
>he no longer was smug
>>
Interactionfags are the worst
>>
>>54442487
Blood Moon takes you off Helix, Boros Charm, and Destructive Revelry. Depending on the rest of his hand he'd probably still be smug. Especially since Guide will refill it.
>>
>>54442724
Except my turn 2 was Mountain, Burning-Tree, Burning-Tree, Surge Bushwhacker
>>
>>54442766
So then he's still smug because you're on bad_cards.dek?
>>
>>54441131
Seems really solid.

I played a memester a few months ago a different store than my usual who was running a version of this list, but his was pretty shit in comparison.
>>
>>54443107
>8whack
>bad cards

Hehe
>>
>>54441154

Black Lotus / Villa Zheng
>>
>Dismember, Relic of Progenitus, and Wurmcoil Engine arrived this morning
I love being able to play powerful spells no matter what colours I'm using.
>>
>>54432503

> playing as burn against affinity
> spend all game burning off threats and playing burn spells
> need to draw a burn spell to win before dead next turn
> flip a burn spell
> play it and win

Literally unbelievable. Burn pilots ww@
>>
>>54441131
You really can't support big goyfs
>>
I have a dream of playing Aether Vial with Thrull Parasite.
>>
>>54438719
This is like the dumbest shit I've ever seen. I'm going to have to put it together for a FNM at some point.

>>54438463
God, I would love to see some 20/20 tireless trackers.
>>
>>54444434
Burn ftw
>>
>>54443167
Thanks. I'm pretty excited to test it out tonight. I've always wanted a Bant deck in Modern that played similarly to the Tempo/Midrange Bant lists in Legacy, instead of just being 28 creatures+CoCo like every non GBx Green deck seems to be, and I think this might be it.

>>54444521
True, although I'm not sure if there's anything better to put in his place. In a lot of situations a 3/4 Goyf is still better than a 2/2 Voice of Resurgence or somethimg else. Small Goyfs can be a problem in the RUG version too, because the deck doesn't run black or Thought Scour.
>>
>>54445243
Hooting Mandrills exists.
>>
>>54441131

Maybe a boardwipe or 2 in the sideboard
>>
>>54446727
Not in the same deck as Aether Vial.
>>
>>54441131
Could probably use a couple of condemn in the side or the main desu
>>
Why did Bitterblossom go up in price?
>>
File: Y6yG7Zh.jpg (65KB, 558x344px) Image search: [Google]
Y6yG7Zh.jpg
65KB, 558x344px
>>54450848
Because it's a good card.
>>
>>54450899
The only deck that runs it is BW tokens, which is why I have it. And that deck sucks now.
>>
>>54445243
3/4 goyfs are underrated but scooze seems like it could get pretty big in your deck. Maybe 1 scooze 3 goyfs mainboard? Scooze also covers two roles because I'm noticing a distinct lack of graveyard hate.
>>
>>54450848
it's in the pox deck which is on an uptick right now.
>>
>>54450848

Probably a well-coordinated buyout by extremely savvy MTG finance masters.
>>
Anybody play the amulet titan deck? Looks super fun and weird. I would like to hear all about it.
>>
>>54446970
Like Supreme Verdict?

>>54449723
Would you run those over the two Blessed Alliance I already have?

>>54451845
>Maybe 1 scooze 3 goyfs mainboard? Scooze also covers two roles because I'm noticing a distinct lack of graveyard hate.
That might be a good idea.

I thought about running some grave hate in the sideboard, but because I use my own yard so much I think my only options are Surgical Extraction and maybe Relic or Wheel of Sun and Moon. I'm not sure if any of those are worth it.

Also I'm thinking of swapping out the Simic Charms for Bant Charms because they do similar things (backup removal spell, protect my own creatures from removal) but Bant Charm still works well when I don't have a creature out.
>>
>>54424577
Qs

>first set
>favorite set
> favorite lands from a set
>>
I really like Torment of Hailfire. It seems like a card that would just get insane in long grindy matches
>>
>>54451982
Relic is becoming more relevant since its 1 mana and asymmetrical. I don't see anyone bringing in artifact hate against you so its not a bad option either. Maybe 1-2 scooze mb and 1-2 relics in the sb? Bant charm definitely has more relevant options for the extra mana since non-instant speed removal is rare as fuck. The only relevant thing that comes to mind is collective brutality which spell snare hoses. Just make sure you don't clog up the 3 drop slot. Overall though definitely one of the better eternal command builds I've seen. Bant really suits the deck well.
>>
Going to a PPTQ tomorrow. I barely ever practice or play my modern deck and haven't played a modern event in over a year

What can I expect?
>>
>>54450924
>now
>>
>>54453581
Fuck off
>>
>>54450924
I saw someone playing it in a Jund control list the other day on XMage
He had maindeck moons, bitterblossom and a bunch of other stuff that was just dumb to play against.
>>
>>54435005
Would you people be interested in doing this?

Start a giant Google-doc that archives every one of their fuck ups?
>>
>>54452633
>Relic is becoming more relevant since its 1 mana and asymmetrical. I don't see anyone bringing in artifact hate against you so its not a bad option either. Maybe 1-2 scooze mb and 1-2 relics in the sb?
I think I can make room for 2 Relic in the side. Maybe cut the SB Resto and one of the counters.

>Bant charm definitely has more relevant options for the extra mana since non-instant speed removal is rare as fuck. The only relevant thing that comes to mind is collective brutality which spell snare hoses. Just make sure you don't clog up the 3 drop slot.
I think Bant Charm has a relevant mode against pretty much any MU. Also, the main creatures I want to protect with it are Goyf and Queller, which don't die to Brutality anyway. We'll see if 3 mana is still too much to pay for the versatility.

>Overall though definitely one of the better eternal command builds I've seen. Bant really suits the deck well.
Yeah, I've been testing a more traditional RUG version and it doesn't hold up to the current meta. I think Spell Queller is a really powerful tool, we'll see how it all plays out at FNM tonight. Thanks for your help.
>>
File: 1481007663798.gif (439KB, 400x292px)
1481007663798.gif
439KB, 400x292px
>>54424577
Sup'

is modern just a fancy way of throwing money on the table until you win?

not that i'm against it. That's dope as shit.
>>
Playing: Grixis Delver
Hating: Not being good yet.
>>
>>54453857
sometimes it is, the most expensive deck in the format (Jund) is T3 right now.
>>
Xmage is cool and all but it seems like shit practice to me. I'm just trying to get good and it keeps throwing dumb shit like Hardened Scales.dek at me that I just stomp in 5 minutes. I flag Serious and Ranked, why am I playing against people playing against unoptimized untiered trash. I thought Xmage was designed so people without the budget could play the most powerful decks in each format.

Should I just buy into MTGO?
>>
>>54454200
You'll get better competition in the leagues for the most part and if you put something along the lines of "serious testing tiers only" in a queue people usually don't bring meme decks into it. It costs money to do leagues though so that's a downside.

t. Former Mtgo player
>>
Do you guys think Ponza has a leg up un the meta thanks to all these aggressive mana bases running about???
>>
>>54454568

It's viable, but Ponza is not good. It never has been, nor will it ever be.
A bit of advice: if you have to ask if something's good, there's a 99% chance it's not.
>>
>>54454111
How do we make a deck more expensive than Jund? Maybe we should make it GBu instead?
>>
File: Hot fucking garbage.png (901KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Hot fucking garbage.png
901KB, 1920x1080px
>>54454200
A lot of people (myself included) use Xmage as a way to brew decks without actually wasting the money to get the cards. This of course becomes a problem because more people end up playing shitbrew #9001 than there are people playing real decks, and the people who actually play real decks only play boring auto-pilot shit like GDS and Eldrazi-tron so actually testing is a real pain.

Right now I'm trying to find a way to port this dumpster fire of a standard deck to modern without it being complete trash.
Spoiler alert: It's not possible
>>
>>54455140
just jam four thoughtseize, four lili, four goyf, and two scooze

i wish modern had good utility lands to abuse ramunup excavator. seems like a cool card.
>>
>>54455216
Well I mean, there is tec. edge
>>
>>54455216
We've had crucible for years. I don't get the appeal of an easier to remove version
>>
>>54455216
Maybe in GW hatebears to go with Arbiter/Mindcensor+Ghost Quarter?
>>
>>54455436
Can't CoCo into crucible
Crucible can't beat face
>>
>>54455671
Why would a coco deck want this?
I doubt your concerned with aggro ifnyoure playing a deck that wants to accrue lands from a yard
>>
>>54455776
The GW Coco/taxes deck would want this but most other CoCo decks wouldn't want it desu
>>
File: rwdt.png (20KB, 892x239px) Image search: [Google]
rwdt.png
20KB, 892x239px
Hey guys, I posted a WIP list of RW Hatebears, I've updated the list a bit.
What do you think?
>>
>>54455140
You have no idea how much i wish the gitrog monster said "whenever a land is put into your graveyard" instead of "whenever one or more lands are put into your graveyard".
>>
>>54455834
It'd be an abosolutely insane dredge machine if it did. Even right now it lets you draw like nuts with Grim Flayer
>>
>>54455829
Needs 4 path and fetchlands with Arbiter is incorrect.
>>
>>54455829
No Paths despite Arbiter?
>>
Unban Jace
>>
>>54455938

Only if they reprint Pyroblast
>>
>>54456007
hydroblast/pyroblast and jtms, i could go for this modern
>>
>>54456007
Nope it breaks the color pie :^)
>>
File: rwdt2.png (20KB, 889x239px)
rwdt2.png
20KB, 889x239px
>>54455911
>>54455928
Yeah, I concede it was pretty dumb to not put paths in there.
How's this?
>>
>>54456093
less mountains more plains and moons. Scab-clan Berserker is a card i like in r/w taxes
>>
>>54455436
Adding a body to anything has been Wizards go-to design methodolgy. It's like attaching Thorn of Amethyst to Thalia or a variety of other bodies. Phyrexian Revoker as kinda like Pithing Needle. Attaching any amount of Red Wraths to a Red creature.

It's just a lazy fucking way of designing cards and it's also a lazy way to avoid reprinting cards people want.

If the card is good it's good. If it's bad people will just forget it. It's win-win as far as Wizards is concerned except most of us are just question why the fuck they couldn't just outright give us Crucible or an outright new card design.
>>
Are there any decent decks based around Renegade Rallier? I really like the idea of a mini sun titan effect
>>
>>54454568
I honestly believe that Ponza is strong in Modern right now. GDS is just begging to eat a Blood Moon because they actually want shocks and your Inferno Titans are bigger than their Gurmag Anglers, not to mention Primal Command can give them life back. Eldrazi Tron also sucks dick to a Blood Moon and your creatures are bigger than a lot of theirs. Ponza's only real weakness is hand disruption honestly, which only really comes from GDS which as I said before is actually a fine matchup. I'm taking Ponza to GP Birmingham myself. Your bad matchups are fast decks that don't really need their mana base. I'm terrified of Affinity, but luckily I'm in the colours to slam Ancient Grudges into my sideboard.
>>
>>54456169
>Renegade Rallier
Collected Company.
>>
>>54454998
It needs goyf, lili, snaps or hierarchs, maybe bobs and at least 9 fetches. Playset of chalices possibly? Sounds like we're just building a fucked up 4c DS though.
>>
>>54456386
Then lets throw DS in there too!
>>
>>54456386
>no karn
>>
>>54456405
Well lets play no basics all shocks, 4 thoughtseize, a couple EE in the main, some fulminators in the board.

>>54456441
fuck you
>>
Any love for Tezzeret Thoptersword? I've been playing this shitbrew for a while now, been pretty good to me, other than the run-in with a few decks packing Qasali Pridemage maindeck. Tron still makes me erupt into a pile of salt, but I've got Quarter and Crucible maindeck and a Crumble to Dust in the SB. Playing 1 Breeding Pool to fetch after bringing in Abrupt Decay, to remove Stony Silence and RIP but Spire can also cast it.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/13-02-17-modern-tezz/
>>
did i make back my $30 entry into a GP side event i doubt it
>>
>>54456715
>Gearhulk
>Spirebluff Canal
Those two are probably your money back.
>>
>>54456715
If you're looking for cash right away it depends on how bad the buylist prices are at the GP, but probably yes
>>
>>54456813
would i be able to just bring this pile up to a vendor and they'd give me credit even for the commons and uncommons?
>>
Is it worth running Sudden Shock in the sideboard for a Burn deck list?

Currently have:
4x Destructive Revelry
3x Path to Exile
2x Deflecting Palm
2x Relic of Progenitus
2x Searing Blood
2x Stony Silence
>>
>>54456715
>3 fastlands
>fatcaster
>nu thalia
I'd imagine that's probably around $30
>>
>>54456885
Infect is dead so no. You don't need it.
This is my side.
2x Deflecting Palm
4x Destructive Revelry
2x Kor Firewalker
3x Path to Exile
2x Rest in Peace
2x Stony Silence
>>
>>54456934
Friend of mine was really pushing me to remove kor firewalker since its open to dying if your opponent casts a skullcrack during a mirror match

Is it really worth keeping around?
>>
>>54456934
The alternative option being to run a Dragon's Claw instead since its less likely to die
>>
>>54456985
Unless they block, or you block, with their Monastery you're gonna gain a life and take out their creature.
>>
>>54456985
I think it's fine if your opponent is spending removal on it. The only situation where it would really be tragic would be:
>Opponent attacks with Swiftspear
>Block
>Opponent goes Skullcrack Bolt u, pumping swiftspear to kill Firewalker
Otherwise your opponent spent a bolt to remove it and you gained 2 life in the process.
>>
>>54457057
You mean 1 life, right?
>>
>>54457057
If it isn't being killed in combat, it has to be Skullcrack+another spell, right? Maybe I'm retarded.
The bigger risk in my opinion is shocking yourself twice to get WW in the mirror, seems dangerous.
>>
>>54457129
yes, you are retarded
1. Skullcrack stops all damage from being prevented, which pretty much turns off protection from red for the kor firewalker
2. You put two red spells on stack and let your opponent gain 2 life when you could have let skullcrack resolve and then bolt your opponent so that they only gain 1 life once life gain is prevented for the turn
>>
>>54457173
riiiight, Skullcrack prevents lifegain too. I don't play burn, or modern clearly. Moving over from Legacy since our threads couldn't stay bumped
>>
>>54457203
Sorry about your general man. I just don't have the wallet to play that format.
>>
>>54432709
I'm back. For the Blossoms, would you drop the Raise the Alarms or the thopters? I feel like thopters might be better, since they're a bit clunky with Blossoms, but the card advantage is nice so far.
>>
>>54457348
Raise the Alarm and Bitterblossom must compete for the four slots. You shouldn't run playsets of both.
>>
>>54432709
>>54457348
For slots, imho there's too many zealous mainboard, and I'm not sold on annointed (in the 75 you could sell me), but in the mainboard you already have a great value plan in addition to blanking the opponent's path/push (although Copter sort of nulifies that, but dat crew1 game cray)

tldr -1 annointed -1 zealous -2 raise the alarm
>>
>>54457348
>>54457393
>>54457548
Fair. I'll probably give that a shot. Anointed is mostly there in case of a lucky windbrisk. I just have a thing for doubling effects.
>>
>>54457581
It's a fine card, put it in the sideboard if you want to toy with it. The card is infinite value the turn after you play it, but doing nothing the turn you cast it is a huge loss of tempo when your other 4drops provide similar value with immediate benefits
>>
>>54457581
I ran this deck while ago and don't like real creatures because the whole point of token is to blank removals
You lack a card that use your dead draws, I used Raven's crime and swiched to Call the bloodline
2 thoughtseize with the 4 inquisitions would be a must
You could add some number of push
>>
I finished my first modern deck and played my first FNM with it, AMA
>>
>>54457942
How bad did you do?
>>
>>54457957

1-2

Beat Jeskai Control

Lost to Scapeshift and some Polymorph deck with Emrakul

My deck is Naya burn

Both guys I lost to said I piloted perfectly, just didn't draw well, took game 1 off both of them
>>
there's no standard thread.

hey so i'm new.

haven't even built a deck yet.

but I was thinking about mono black zombies

then blue back since blue has some nice spell cancels

then definitely blue black after the locust god

but now i'm thinking blue black red -- and red only for nickel bowlers

since standard is about to rotate, i'm gonna hold off -- there's a lot of important low mana zombies that are about to get cycles out....

without those zombies that are about to get removed -- zombies looks like it won't work.

is WOTC pretty good at replacing those zombies? Or are zombies about to die? Also liliana planeswalker is about to cycle out too... so many good zombie cards are leaving...

if ixalan doesn't have good zombies then locust god is gonna tank, right?
>>
>>54458014

Mono black zombies is only going to be good until October, based on the Ixalan leaks if they're true, they won't get much support and they're losing SO MUCH.
>>
>>54458014

oh wait liliana death's majesty looks just fine
>>
>>54458046
The good standard Lili is gone though.
>>
>>54458014
Zombies doesn't play Liliana or any of the gods
>>
>>54458014
You mean the Scarab God? Locust is RB.
>>
>>54458112

scarab god though?

>>54458032

yeah if I wanted to stay zombies then blue black does look like it's going to be superior to mono black...

Oh well, guess I have fair amount of time to explore the other colors
>>
>>54458134

ye I meant him.

lol my first mtg purchase was a amonkhet deck builder -- god a gideon of the trials.

but my second one was a HOU bundle this weekend. pulled two scarab gods in it. so that's kind of why i'm considering building off of what I pulled it packs. (i was already interested in zombies from magic duels-- scarab god just made it a bit more appealing)
>>
and if I were to play blue/black something -- then adding in a bolas and a few dual lands is a no brainer, right?

by turn 7 you should have hit one of the dual lands... I thought that putting too many colors in a deck was a really bad idea but this seems like an OP card for basically free.

Oh yeah bolas already needs BUR no matter what so yeah I guess
>>
>>54458205
why

do you

talk

this

?
>>
>>54458220

Yeah it looks like shit, my bad. Especially my >3 lines one. I will stop that. Scattered disorganized thoughts perhaps.
>>
>>54458249
A lot of people in this board are very mean and won't respond to you, so I'll try to address your points.

Don't talk about Standard in the Modern thread in general. People like to say "reddit is that way," but you really are going to get more responses in the different magic subreddits that have discussion for Standard.

If this is your first ever deck, don't go for something that isn't "rotation proof." Zombies is not only going to become useless soon, but it's pretty expensive. It won't feel good to have to buy something completely new in October.

As for Nicol Bolas, he isn't a good play on turn 7 for almost any deck in Standard. When he comes on the field, he doesn't win you the game--not even close.

The Zombie gameplan is to overwhelm the enemy with zombies that they have no way of dealing with. If you make it to turn 7 and it's close enough for Bolas to make a difference, you're likely doing something wrong.

The current blue-black lists that run scarab gods run 2, and then run 2 Gisa and Geralf. No other blue cards.

You mentioned counter magic, but with a constructed deck, you ususally want a more solid gameplan. What happens if your opening hand is a mountain for Bolas, two swamps, Lord of the Accursed, and a bunch of countermagic you can't cast? That's just a lost game.

Also, don't post so much.
>>
File: COMEGETUREGGS.png (258KB, 703x865px)
COMEGETUREGGS.png
258KB, 703x865px
>>54424577

TRAWLER EGGS IS CUTE.
CUTE!!!

and also objectively the most fun you can have in Modern: the Memeing
>>
>>54458335

I've lurked for a couple days now and there hasn't been a standard thread so far that i've found. Not gonna make one if it's not a popular topic of discussion, so that's why I thought i'd post here.

Anyways that is all good to know. It does seem like zombies may be dead in Ixalan (haven't seen any zombie rares or mythics) - guess The Scarab God is gonna tank in price then. Perhaps a blue black control makes more sense to keep the scarab god (still think it's gonna tank though)
>>
>>54458670
>>54458670
>>54458670
migrate at your leisure
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.