[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Dwarves always get shafted?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

In Tolkien mythos, Dwarves are stubborn and greedy and literally misbegotten-by-a-rogue-demigod creatures who have lost all their proud heritage and are on the brink of extinction.

In Warhammer Dwarves are stubborn and greedy and tainted creatures who have lost their proud heritage and are the brink of extinction.

In The Elder Scrolls Dwarves are literally extinct following a series of fuckups.

Even in the worlds that tend to be fairer to Dwarves like D&D they're still vestiges of lost pride and always getting fucked up by orcoids, goblinoids, monsters, Elves, or Humans.

Why does the fantasy genre hate Dwarves?
>>
I know that feel, not to mention they are always portrayed as being extremely ugly due to there short size, which is bullshit.
>>
Manlets are made to suffer
>>
>Manlets
When will they learn?
>>
Because they're always in mines

Shafted. Get it?
>>
>>54418845
Manlets XD

MANLETS XD

MANLETS MOMMY I SAID IT AGAIN XD

That's how this thread will go and that's what you knew would happen.
>>
They are supposed to be one of the once great old races that makes place for more humans to be the protagonists and monsters to fight against.
>stubborn and greedy
Yeah, how dare someone give them flaws.
>>
File: 3celsBalrog&OrcsBGscene.jpg (68KB, 640x471px) Image search: [Google]
3celsBalrog&OrcsBGscene.jpg
68KB, 640x471px
>>54418845
Because old dwarf fortresses are the best dungeons for a classic crawl.
>unnaground
>gold
>digging too deep
>traps
>secret doors
>runes
>drums in the deep
>bottomless pit
>>
>>54418919

someone is upset.
>>
>>54418845
>Tolkien
Because ALL magic was fading, the third age was supposed to be a lead up to our modern world.
>Warhammer
Because it was a direct ripoff of Tolkien
>D&D
Because it was a direct ripoff of Tolkien
>Elder Scrolls
Because Kirkbride did lots and lots of drugs

3/4ths of the time it goes back to Tolkien. They were also stubborn and greedy in the original Norse myth, lest we forget Fafnir was a dwarf who greeded so greedily he turned into a fucking Dragon
>>
>>54418965
The problem is greed and stubbornness are often their most defining characteristics. Even with Tolkien who often describes the Dwarves as brave and stalwart still has them fuck themselves over with greed and assholery. The Elves hate them because they've fought before for gold, and an entire Dwarf kingdom was destroyed because they couldn't stop digging for more and more mithril.
>>
>>54419024
>Even with Tolkien who often describes the Dwarves as brave and stalwart still has them fuck themselves over with greed and assholery
A lot of people in Tolkiens works fucked themselves over because of their own flaws. Dwarves don't get any special treatment.
>>
>>54418845

dwarves in elder scrolls are just elves being misrepresented
>>
File: 845b794.jpg (77KB, 360x600px) Image search: [Google]
845b794.jpg
77KB, 360x600px
Because dwarf bitches love sucking on some black nigger dick oooohhh yeahhhh
>>
>>54418845
Dwarves are a dominant race in Earthdawn, their design abilities and discipline made it possible to construct Kaerns (basically fallout shelters against extreme inflow of magical energies, think something like Chaos in Warhammer). They are also the most populous race because of it: not everyone could get to Kaerns as the ones made by the Dwarves were the hardest to breach.

It's a shame I couldn't get a group running in over fifteen years. It's one of the coolest fantasy settings with a very well made background for magic.
>>
>>54419890
>not everyone could get to Kaerns as the ones made by the Dwarves were the hardest to breach.

AND the ones made by them were hardest to breach.
>>
>>54418845
Aren't dwarves also the only race Sauron couldn't corrupt?
>>
>>54420534
No, MORGOTH corrupted the dwarves via Gold. You're thinking of Hobbits, and even then thats because limited contact/why would he
>>
>>54420534
Pretty sure that's Hobbits, since they don't aspire to anything but to live comfortably. Same reason Frodo and Bilbo are so resistant to the Ring.
>>
>>54418845
Greatest moment of entire Tolkienverse belongs to dwarves nigger what are you talking about ?

>Last of all the eastern force to stand firm were the Dwarves of Belegost, and thus they won renown. For the Naugrim withstood frie more hardily than either Elves or Men, and it was their custom to wear great masks in battle hideous to look upon; and those stood them in good stead against the dragons. And but for them Glaurung and his brood wood have withered all that was left of the Noldor. But the Naugrim made a circke about him whem he assailed them, and even his mighty armour was not full proof against the blows of their great axes; and when in his rage Glaurung turned and struck down Azaghal, Lord or Belegost, and crawled over him, with his last stroke Azaghal drive a knife into his belly, and so wounded him that he fled the field, and the beasts of Angband in dismay followed after him. Then the Dwarves raised up the body of Azaghal and bore it away; and with slow steps they walked behind singing a dirge in deep voices, as it were a funeral pomp in their country, and gave no heed more to their foes; and none dared to stay them.
>>
>>54418845
How about SenZar, where their capital is the most technologically advanced place on the planet because their leader managed to get to Earth during the events of a novel and spent his time soaking up as much engineering knowledge as possible?
>>
>>54420601
Oh, they also invented nuclear-powered tanks.
>>
>>54418845
In Warcraft Dwarves have a pretty cushy time. They're fallen creations of the titans, but they still have most of their holdings. The lost heritage/fallen kingdom schtick happens on a clan by clan basis. The Wildhammer lost Grim Batol to the Orcs which is typical fantasy shit, The Dark Iron lost Blackrock Mountain because their king summoned an elemental lord and dragons and other shit. The Bronzebeards, the player race/clan, are still at the height of their power in Ironforge and are at the forefront of discovery and science.
>>
>>54420559
Nah, the dwarves were pretty resistant too. The worst the rings could do to them would fire up their greed to absurd levels, but they would never be bent to Sauron's will. That's why Sauron spent huge resources retrieving the seven rings from them, and generally hated their bearded manlet guts.
>>
File: 1492404608772.jpg (3MB, 3750x1992px) Image search: [Google]
1492404608772.jpg
3MB, 3750x1992px
>>54418845

I prefer japanese dwarves.

But seriously, they are just boring. They are short humans that live in mountains and like to mine. That's pretty much it.
>>
>>54418845
Because dwarven empires are usually so grand and powerful that letting them persist in the setting would mean a lack of adventure.
>>
>>54418887
>>54418908
>>54418881
>>54418919
$mh 2bh, famiglia. When will they learn?
>>
>>54418919
Jeez, stop being so bitter because you're a short loser.
>>
>>54421351
Could be worse, being a tall loser means you've squandered your only saving grace.
>>
>>54418845
It's their whole schtick. They are supposed to be the most stubborn and hearty people. You don't get that way by beong spoiled, dwarf life is rough and it's what gives them their character.
>>
Are dwarffags and really anyfag at this pointthis fucking whiny. I get it you like them, if you could you would be a trans-dwarf, and you want your wife and children to be trans-dwarven as well.
>muh race isn't the best
>now I'm going to cry and call everyone else faggots while my bearded faggots are manlier
Make the fucking changes you want in your game, but don't be surprised if the only people that come to play are dwarffags like yourself. Which might be the best for (You)
>>
>>54418845

True masters of Heroquest, chose the Dwarf!
>>
>>54419024
Still nothing compared to muh silmarils.
>>
>>54421600
I remember some weeks ago some warffag made a whiny thread about how this board mishandles this race and dares to have occasional threads that somewhat question or criticise dwarves. His rants had some serious /pol/ in them. Dwarffags are not as hardy and thick-skinned as the race they look up to.
>>
>>54421600
It's not the dwarffags making these threads usually. Dwarffags love what dwarves are, it's usually people who think dwarves are ugly and boring and I would make them so much cooler in my universe (despite destroying everything about them except height)
>>
It's so they have something to grumble and/or be grim about.
>>
>>54418845
I'm guessing it's to show that the big bad is evil and powerful, or that the setting is dark.

Basically the Worf Effect.
>>
>>54418965
The best providers of dungeons to crawl through.

In all seriousness, this is all just Tolkien's towering influence reverberating through the ages. He wrote the dwarves as fallen, struggling reclaimers, so that's who they've become in essence.
>>
>>54418845

Depending on who you ask, the dwarves in Elder Scrolls may have ascended to godhood so they may have been pretty well off.
>>
>>54418919
Just because you got the short end of the stick when it comes to height.
>>
>>54418845
Probably because dwarves suck and are the worst fantasy meme
>>
>>54418919
Dorfwanker can't handle the bantz
>>
>>54421738
Nah, it's pretty fitting. Dwarves are known for being butthurt, petty little manlets who hold a grudge over the tiniest grievance
>>
>>54423657
Yeah, but they did it wrong and are now a robot that does nothing but whine.

Also Discworld dwarves had it pretty good.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.