[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shitty DM? Or an I just dumb.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 2017-05-12_18.30.09.jpg (31KB, 215x215px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-12_18.30.09.jpg
31KB, 215x215px
So I've been playing D&D 5e with this group for a while now. Campaign is homebrewed beyond belief, but it's all fun. Call me casual, but I enjoy that challenge is pretty lean and far between and more focus is put on roleplaying, not roll-playing. Until last session. We return to the inn we've been staying in, take care of something outside, and are introduced to a new villain. This villain is a warlock. He introducea himself by blasting 3 party members with Eldritch Blast at 600 feet. No introductory words, no lead up, just ans ambush by a Warlock that's twice my character's level, and 3 levels higher than the strongest character, who wasn't even attending that session. We eventually get over and I grapple the guy, and break his arm. The DM the asks me if a 17 passes my AC. So I say, yeah, why? He replies: "You've been stabbed by the Warlock's Dagger. He asks you if you've seen hell, and then casts Hurl Through Hell." At this point I've kinda blown my top and act like a total shitmunching cunt I'll admit, but really, is it fair that we're fighting a minmaxer based warlock that defies reason and stabs people while being pinned to the ground?
>>
>>54416695
Fuck's sake format your post next time. There's no rush so take a minute before hitting post.

Also; this doesn't seem like good DM behaviour but by your own admission you're a cunt.
So you reap what you sow, I guess.
>>
>>54416695
Grappling doesn't stop enemies from attacking. You have nothing to complain about there.
Level disparity between players is dumb, difficulty balancing encounters like this being one such reason.
Fighting a monster built like a PC should've been an easy fight for you, assuming you could get past the sniping. Your DM doesn't seem to understand monster design.

Everyone involved seems to be a shithead, yourself included.

5e is shit.
>>
>>54416695
What the fuck is Hurl Through Hell?
Without knowing what that spell does, it looks like the biggest problem is the warlock attacking and casting in the same turn, which is definitely a dick move by your GM
>>
>>54417599
Infernal pact warlock lvl 14 class feature. It's not a spell and triggers on a successful attack roll, banishing the target for one turn, returning after to take 10d10 psychic damage. It's entirely by the book and OP is an idiot, though it's not like the GM has to follow PC class rules anyway.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.