[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 340
Thread images: 66

File: 1487657209646.jpg (41KB, 316x408px) Image search: [Google]
1487657209646.jpg
41KB, 316x408px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>54392349
>Ghouls__Life_As_The_Living_Dead.trid
>Vampires__Fact_Check.sim
>Dzoo_Noo_Qua__Sentient?.thread
>Goblins_and_other_infected.knwsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 0 (87% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer, heard you were involved in some wetwork. I'm pretty sure you have to deal with a corpse, right? Let me know'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Transformation.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Infected Edition
How often do they appear in your games?
>>
File: Vampire Blanche.jpg (231KB, 466x750px) Image search: [Google]
Vampire Blanche.jpg
231KB, 466x750px
>>54415039
Once put the players through a run to track down a controversial political pundit on behalf of his station after he disappeared. They dug through a closetful of skeletons looking for which of the many people he'd pissed off had him before they found out he frequented a bar on the wrong side of town, and while there had contracted HMHVV I and turned into a goblin.

Had a nice debate about the ethics of killing him as a general social good and to keep his enemies from using it to tear down his legacy (part of his shtick was telling his audience to stop always looking up, and go see what life is like for people with less than what they have), vs. leaving him alive and possibly bringing him back into the public eye to improve relations with Infected.
>>
is it true 5th edition sucks?
>>
>>54415525
The rules itself aren't that bad. It's the editing that kills 5e.
>>
>>54415039
I've actually used Caerula Sanguis as a villain/NPC for a game.
>>
File: Inspector_Grimgadget.jpg (203KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
Inspector_Grimgadget.jpg
203KB, 1000x750px
I'm pretty new to this whole Shadowrun thing, only played the SRR trilogy. We, that is, I and a few of my friends are interested in playing some. What edition/book/location should we start with?

I also have a few general questions, but those based on the videogame. So they might sound stupid or offensive to you vets. For that, I apologize.

What's the point of the datajack? All I can see it amounts to a killswitch, a way for someone else to remotely fuck with or fry your brain. And, to salt the injury, you still need all the hardware and input-output devises, so you still wouldn't have any speed advantage over some old school hacker in a VR set. It would've made sense if by cybering up your brain you could affect computers without lugging your deck around... But technomancers don't need the jack and all related periphery from what I can tell!

Why only dwarves get higher cap for mage's primary attribute? I mean, I'd understand if humans or elves or snowflake whatever made the best mages, I'd even understand if only orks made the best shamans. But dwarves make no sense. It would be better for dwarves to be tougher than everyone else, or better at mechanics, or get access to third drone slot...

What's the deal with "no deals with the dragon" rule? Far I can see the dragons of Shadowrun are far more reasonable than those of the D&D or pretty much any other setting. Immensely arrogant and manipulative, perhaps, but hardly worse your average corrupt corpex. Lofwyr was downright amiable for a Satan.

What's the point of stealing useless crap from a vagrant that will net you but a handful of nyen when those enemies you've killed had guns that would top your payday several times over? To rephrase - is there some PnP mechanic that stops players from grabbing the spoils?
>>
>>54415548

How so? tons of stupid mistakes that make it illegible or something?
>>
>>54415608
What was your favorite of the campaigns and why was it Dragonfall?

The deal with the dragon thing is because more often than not you will fuck up and piss them off in some way.
>>
>>54415608
>What's the point of the datajack?
Benefits vary depending on the edition.
>Why only dwarves get higher cap for mage's primary attribute?
They don't, actually.
Spellcasting is somewhat more complex on tabletop.
>What's the deal with "no deals with the dragon" rule?
It's basically impossible for you to ensure fair pay and leverage, the equivalent of a skilled professional bank robber trying to get one over the President of the United States.
They also tend to get runners killed.
>What's the point of stealing useless crap from a vagrant that will net you but a handful of nyen when those enemies you've killed had guns that would top your payday several times over?
You never steal from vagrants.
And you CAN steal from enemies, especially if you remove RFID tags to stop the weapons from being tracked, but eventually you will hit carrying limits.

How many assault rifles can you carry?
Not just weight-wise but in terms of sheer bulk with shit to carry it in?
>>
File: 1462347901352.jpg (582KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1462347901352.jpg
582KB, 700x700px
>>54415608
5e is current edition. Go to pastebin, get books, read them.

Datajacks give you various bonuses, including irrevocable access to hotsim and noise reduction. You still need a deck to hack into stuff, datajacks just make you better at it. Technomancers don't need that shit, because they put their brains on the frontline and get fried as soon as they're caught.

Dwarves get better WIL, but elves have a much higher CHA bonus, making them better shamans than dwarves are of any magic tradition. Dwarves are generally physically and mentally tougher than other metatypes, but have other disadvantages.

Dragons give not two shits for you. You are not even a pawn for them, you are a single individual soldier in a 4x game they're playing with each other. Dealing with them puts you neck-deep in their plots with no understanding of the reasoning behind it, because dragons are not metahumans and do not play by our ethics or logic. Lofwyr will literally eat you and ruin your family forever with the might of his multi-billion-nuyen corporation and vast personal assets if he chooses for reasons you will never and can never understand.

There's no rule about not stealing random crap, other than the general inability to walk into a convenience store, plunk down some bloodstained clothes, and ask for change. Stealing high-ticket items like the decks of corporate spiders, vehicles from a target's fleet, or fancy guns is A-OK and a great way to supplement your income, so long as you have someone you can count on to launder it (there's rules in Core for selling stuff outright on the black market) or clean out all the traces of ownership so you can use it yourself. If you manage to steal something that beats how much you're getting paid, either you severely undercosted your own worth or you are getting very lucky and doing well.

>>54415614
Things are poorly laid out and not in logical progression, fluff and crunch are mixed, just general sloppy work. Playable but requireseffort
>>
File: whenGODconverges.jpg (78KB, 1131x707px) Image search: [Google]
whenGODconverges.jpg
78KB, 1131x707px
Would it be possible for someone with a simrig to record simsense data from within the Matrix, specifically while using a UV host? They'd be running hotsim VR, so they would be receiving actual sensory data from the host, but I'm not sure if a simrig would be able to record the data if it isn't in meatspace.
>>
>>54415980
Considering it's computer-generated data, and not meatspace being converted, you don't even need the simrig. You just need to record the information as it comes.
>>
>>54415980
In Shadowrun there is a technology that lets you record your dreams. Why wouldn't it be possible?
>>
File: IDontUnderstand.jpg (14KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
IDontUnderstand.jpg
14KB, 320x240px
>>54415794

Okay. Where's the pastebin?
>>
>>54416033

>He doesn't read the OP

C'mon chummer, it's like you're not even trying.
>>
>>54416033
GO TO 1, lurk moar
>>
>>54416033
You got time to grab a meme, but can't look in the OP?
>>
>>54415039
>>54414605
>convincing him that 3dpd gives her a sense of purpose while she's compiling.

I think you may have dropped a word somethere
>>
>>54415677
Great story, great flavour text that is so scarce in the modern games. Dragonfall was the first game In a while where I've grown invested in teammates beyond what they bring to the table, and whose loyalty mission wasn't overly irritating. Art is great too.
Pussyfoot around big bad irritable Johnson, got it.
>>54415777
>Spellcasting is somewhat more complex on tabletop.
That's a relief.
>It's basically impossible for you to ensure fair pay and leverage
>You never steal from vagrants. And you CAN steal from enemies
Got it. Sorry. I meant in the videogames you were rummaging trough dilapidated shacks for crapguns, cheap drugs and rare medkits, when you just've dropped a team of mercs with much better guns than what you have - if only each of you grabbed the best, you'd be significantly better off.
>>54415794
You have perfectly explained everything I wanted to know for now, thanks.
Well, I'm off to do some reading.
>>
>>54415039

So I'm making a speed freak orc. I got 6 Reaction (8 with bioware), 6 ranks in driving (+2 wheeled specialization), a couple qualities that give bonuses to speed, evasion, and stunt tests, the Narco bioware, a control rig, and a whole bunch of Betameth. Is there anything else I can add to my burnout driver to make him a balls to the wall driver?
>>
>>54416103
Glory is best girl.
>>
>>54415608
>lugging a deck around.
Comm-link with alternate form factor and dongles
Deck with alternate form factor (expensive) disguised as a bracer (powerglove) hair ornament, coat lining, whatever.
Deck implanted into your skull (bad news if it gets bricked)
>>
File: Feng Shui Car.jpg (120KB, 753x441px) Image search: [Google]
Feng Shui Car.jpg
120KB, 753x441px
>>54416116
What're you driving?
>>
>>54416201
They all good. But truthfully I am most fond of Gobbet and Racter. Wish we'd heard and seen more of Racter and Lucky Strike team too.
>>54416275
Ah, yes, there was deckhead guy somewhere in the games, IIRC you cold run him on the drawbacks if you were better decker.
>>
File: dev.jpg (93KB, 709x506px) Image search: [Google]
dev.jpg
93KB, 709x506px
>>54416275
Also a deck is pretty much a tablet in 5e. The inconvenience isn't carrying it, it's keeping your highly illegal piece of hardware from getting found.
>>
>>54416297

GMC Pheonix because its an old school muscle car with Increased Seating, +1 Handling, +1 Speed, Orc adjustment, Racing Tires, Rigger Interface, full on Yerzed Out, Spoof Chip, Morphing License Plate, and Satellite Uplink
>>
Can you give me some general tips and tricks on shapeshifters?

My plan is to build a Human/Panther/Shaman that specializes on infiltration/assassination. The kicker will be that I have a mentor spirit which really enjoys the thrill of the hunt and will give me concealed from any other player[\spoiler] different targets throughout the runs to eliminate.

General advice for this type of character are also appreciated. I normally run different decker builds but I wanted to try something new.
>>
File: 1468572482308.jpg (219KB, 1500x1060px) Image search: [Google]
1468572482308.jpg
219KB, 1500x1060px
>>54416399
>no rocket booster

It's like you're saying you want to gofast, but you don't want to gofastest. I'd also recommend chameleon coating, armour, and some kind of weaponry (concealed missile launchers being a personal favourite, because when else are you going to use them).

>>54416454
Get attributes as high as you can, be an unarmed adept who can punch spirits (shamans are doable but usually use foci which you might not be carrying between forms), don't be a faggot with superseekrit edgy killhabits.
>>
File: tradejack.jpg (378KB, 690x957px) Image search: [Google]
tradejack.jpg
378KB, 690x957px
Is it just me or is this tradejack thing an insanely good deal? You save ~25% and it has lower availability than if you bought it separately, meaning you can get it at chargen,
>>
>>54416454
Clarify with your group that you're not playing a fursona and make sure you only use the ability when infiltrating/in combat. Far too often I see people use changeling/shapeshifter/etc builds as a way to force their fursona into the game.
>>
File: 1738274_large.jpg (148KB, 940x564px) Image search: [Google]
1738274_large.jpg
148KB, 940x564px
>>54416569
Plus rocket boosters or alternate propulsion enable a lot of avenues for creative escapes/maneuvers that are sure to please your DM.
>>
>>54416393
A great leap from the thing that's wider than your torso is tall and bigger than the most modern laptops that were the decks in the videogames.

Now to decide whether a dwarf rigger would make the better technomancer or decker. I reckon drones would make the better fit for non-combatant team engineer.
>>
>>54416569

I would have to give up my +1 to Handling and Speed and take Restricted Gear to get Rocket Booster. Rocket Booster sounds fun but I dunno if its worth the trade
>>
>>54415039

How often do they appear in your games?

Well, the very first run for my group will be to clear a small tribe of ghouls, that really celebrate their animalistic side and fool around with blood magic on top of that.

I plan to get at least on them infected.

We'll see how it's goes since it's actually just a one-shot to teach some of the new players the basic rules.
>>
File: 1469330775647.jpg (426KB, 1689x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1469330775647.jpg
426KB, 1689x1600px
>>54416628
Technology moves fast in ~25 years, especially when they invent cloud computing somewhere along the way.

And Rigging, Decking, and Technomancer are all separate archetypes that are hard to combine. Rigging/Decking is possible, but hella expensive in nuyen and skills. Technomancers get shafted and have to commit fully to their weird shit to be at all functional.

If it's your first game, pick either Decker or Rigger and learn the relevant subsystems. Leave TMs for later, they're Decker+ in complexity.

>>54416666
Do you have a workshop already? If so, then save up 50k and install it in-game.
>>
>>54402675 >>54402691 >>54402697 >>54402708 >>54402716

Thanks for the story man.
>>
>>54416696

The problem is still the body limit of the car.
>>
>>54416754
If you can buy it, it's worth sacrificing a couple of dice. Your pools are stacked anyways.
>>
>>54416730
No problem, chief. Thanks for reading it! Especially given I typed it up at 5AM.
>>
>>54416784
alright I'll mull it over
>>
>>54416580
>Maybe just an editing oversight?
Augmentation bundles are a suite of pre-selected cybernetics,
with the total bundle receiving a 0.9 Essence
cost multiplier with no increase in cost or Availability. The
wireless capability of these bundles cannot be turned off.
The augmentations are famously “chatty” and are all too
happy to tell anyone who pings a request what they are
and what megacorporation manufactured them. They’re
more interested in promoting their megacorp than getting
the user in trouble, so they don’t broadcast personal information,
SINs, and so on, but it can make stealth somewhat
harder. Gamemasters are encouraged to create their own
augmentation bundles as best fits their own campaign.
Each bundle has a cost equal to the total of the cybernetics
it contains as if they were standard grade and an Availability
equal to the highest of the individual parts (and with a
matching legality or R or F if any part has those).
>>
>>54416569
>>54416581

I'm not a fucking furry but I understand your concerns, especially on the here on 4chan.

>Adept

That is something what I explicitly didn't wanted to do, since I want to have toolbox of spells which help me and my group to get into places. The assassin part is just a thing on the side, since our GM wanted that all players, all have something like a "dark secret" and I didn't come up with something more original.
>>
>>54415794

Okay. That's bearable at least. Is there some kind of fix for it or is it just kind of a "deal with it" situation?

Is 5e better than 4e?
>>
>>54416915

>"dark secret"

"Personal struggle" describes it better.
>>
>>54416696
Decker it is then. Can do without a rigger, without a decker can't.

I've thought if I skimp on weapon training and pretty much everything non-related to tech, I'd squeak by.
Running is done scarcely and mostly by night, right? He'd run a repair/chopshop with his siblings and friends for the day job, and use looted drones/decks wherever possible. Not really a thrill seeker, but you got to do right by those in your care, and his shop doesn't really pays enough to get them anywhere better, plus gangers wouldn't trash or racket the place that is backed by grim dudes with overly heavy weaponry. The team gets repairs and upgrades cheaper than anywhere else out of the arrangement.
>>
File: 1496642339447.jpg (144KB, 850x948px) Image search: [Google]
1496642339447.jpg
144KB, 850x948px
>>54416941
Sadly, undoubtably.

The archetypal 4e team had 3 components: a Street Sam, a Rigger, and a Mage. They could handle any encounter or dilemma you ever threw at them, and each of them if made competently could likely solo most combats.

The archetypal 5e team has 4-5 teammates. There will be some holes in their abilities.

Unfortunately the editing for 5e requires a good bit of experience to get down. It's mostly 'deal with it'. Like the vehicle rules being in the gear section rather than the rigger section. Or the entirety of Data Trails.
>>
>>54415794
>There's no rule about not stealing random crap, other than the general inability to walk into a convenience store, plunk down some bloodstained clothes, and ask for change
Goddamnit stop making me want to read it again.
>>
>>54416941

"deal with it" situation kinda. The fix would be to get rid of my mentor spirit.

Never played 4e. We jumped from 3e to 5e last year.
>>
File: Spirit of Speed by Hydrothrax.jpg (416KB, 1000x749px) Image search: [Google]
Spirit of Speed by Hydrothrax.jpg
416KB, 1000x749px
>>54416790

if you got more stories to share after you've had some sleep and time to type and proof read them please do share.
>>
>>54416941
Superbook in pastebin has the rules condensed and laid out cleanly, and there's a bunch of play aids.

4e is not as good imo, especially because it gutted deckers, but a lot of the reasoning for why things are a certain way is explained there. 5e was written by fans who assume everyone has the same base of knowledge about the world as they do.
>>
>>54417040

Thought it was a reply on my post.
>>
File: Storytime session 1.png (48KB, 812x836px) Image search: [Google]
Storytime session 1.png
48KB, 812x836px
>>54417062
>Screenshotting my own posts
I feel dirty, anon
I hope you're happy
>>
>>54417002
Narrow focus is key in SR5 chargen, because going deep in one area and filling out some skills at ratings 1-2 is vastly easier than trying to raise a skill at 5 to 6. That said, don't skip out on Con, Perception, Stealth, and other day-to-day skills. Get the Codeslinger and Quick Config qualities. If you want, get one cyberarm and max AGI mods so you can at least sling a pistol with some competence.
>>
>>54415794
>There's no rule about not stealing random crap, other than the general inability to walk into a convenience store, plunk down some bloodstained clothes, and ask for change.
This is literally what the harder to find RFID Tags and Ownership are there to stymie.

Ownership requires matrix connection to change, and takes a relatively long time.

By 4e, RFID tags weren't being embedded in manufactured devices, but grown by etcher nanites inside devices to be nearly invisible to visual searches, and can be set to reboot with random intervals (invisible to the matrix until they turn back on), pinging when active.
>>
>>54417110
will read it tomorrow morning. sleep time.
>>
>>54417110
its really hard to tell what's going on in this story.

>>54416790
>No problem, chief. Thanks for reading it! Especially given I typed it up at 5AM.

how much did the tank sell for?
>>
Hey, where can I find the online errata for shapeshifters?
>>
>>54414169
>>54414556
>why does the AI have such a fantastic ass?
>>54414605
>Because the Decker gets lonely on long evenings, and convincing him that 3dpd gives her a sense of purpose while she's compiling.

>"convincing him that 3dpd gives her a sense of purpose while she's compiling"

nigga wut?
>>
>>54417501
DM says it goes for about 200k if we wait until it's not so hot to sell it, plus we managed to score some loot from the few mooks we could grab while sprinting to our evac vehicles. I'd say we probably made about ~230, 240K off the run and spent ~10K nuyen doing it. Split five ways, that's a cool 46-8K a person. I'm trying to cajole the group to pay for some story-related things so I can spend nuyen on karma to get my edge back, so realistically it'll probably come to around ~42K a person. A very cool haul indeed.

>>54417501
4 cars approach in a convoy line. Two vans in front, a sedan carrying a lieutenant, and a van bringing up the rear. I head to the third car, shoot the lieutenant in a surprise round, then get in the middle of the first two cars. I'm rammed between the front two vans, shot at, surrounded, and then a grenade is chucked at me which kills all but one of our opponents. It was a hilariously fun time.
>>
>>54417137
Hum, so, default Decker layout, more or less.
Would just one in any non-essential skill make any difference? Being naturally expensive class probably won't have money for cyber-up.

Still considering Decker/Rigger for future games. How balanced would be the giving the char improved tech skills, just enough to manage multiclassing, and taking away all the money he'd earn, immediate expenses aside? Implied challenges - start without weapon training, equipment acquisition mostly through theft and custom-building from quality scrap.
>>
File: quasi-tank.png (2MB, 1873x583px) Image search: [Google]
quasi-tank.png
2MB, 1873x583px
>>54417660
>>54417501
Full haul:
4 karma each, voor gets an extra 2 for his efforts in securing the tank, Joe gets an extra 2 for Eurobeat tier driving. There's 10k to split between you guys, 2 gustav firing platforms with 2 HE rockets, 1 HE grenade, 2 AKs with a external mounted smart link, 2 amour vests, 2 helmets, 1 ruger warhawk, 1 and a half forarm guards. Also one Pirahna 8x8 IFV.

OK, so it's not quite a tank. It's close, though!
>>
>>54417713
Hey, more likely to get a buyer for an IFV than a full-sized tank.
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (64KB, 308x366px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
64KB, 308x366px
Hoi, chummers. My current campaign is set in South America, and most of the runs have my runners dealing with cartel outfits and PMCs. I want to up the nastiness factor in the next few runs, so I'm planning on throwing a squad of pic related at them. What kind of ware should I be using in case they get really curious about how these things were made? Are there rules for the creation of cyberzombies like this?
>>
>>54418033
Maybe you should explain what 'it' is instead of assuming everyone knows what you're talking about?
>>
>>54418033

I would guess probably some kind experimental abomination based on Move-By-Wire which can be controlled wireless.
>>
File: 250px-Logo_Aztechnology.svg.png (21KB, 250x226px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Logo_Aztechnology.svg.png
21KB, 250x226px
>>54418155

Pic related
>>
>>54418110

Ah, sorry. They're basically zombie kamikaze cyborgs outfitted with explosives that do nothing but run straight at their target. They're common enemies in the Serious Sam series.
>>
>>54418279
Cyberzombie tech isn't common enough yet to throw it away on kamikaze attacks against mercs and runners.
>>
>>54418298
Also, the human brain is one of the main reasons people are trying to make these abominations.
>>
>>54418110
>he hasn't played Serious Sam
What are you doing with your life?
>>
File: 1466738980059.png (165KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1466738980059.png
165KB, 600x600px
>>54415039
>How often do they appear in your games?

Surprisingly often actually. My current game has a ghoul who Devil May Crys all over the place.

And I once ran a single player game where the player was a succubus (a houseruled variant of HMHVV that was similar to vampirism). It was a lot of fun and actually one of my best games.
>>
>>54415039
Semi-often. They aren't friends with any, but they do know a vampire that wants to give the succ to the teams Shaman.
>>
>>54416016
But would you get same effect if you were to run it on something other than a UV host?
>>
>>54418110
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OieSF--xpKk
>>
anyone have any good music that they listen to that get's them in the feel? The pastebin stuff is mostly good, but it's also really limited. (and I'm not too sure why streetlight manifesto is on there either.)
>>
>>54419379
Carpenter Brunt and Le Castle Vania are good for that retro cyberpunk feel. They might be a bit too similar to the other stuff for what you're looking for though. Deus Ex, Bastion and Transistor are also options.
>>
>>54419379
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-V-xqf3LGs
>>
>>54419379
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLETCEdBUrGOWtfzokbbvbum8klVOXkSiq

Shit, man. I have a whole playlist.
>>
>>54419379
Some of the NeoTokyo OST is alright.
>>
>>54419379
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4foIeugYl8
>>
>>54419436
Ya I'm a big fan of hotline miami, so I'm familiar with those artists. Just fishing for other suggestions. I also knew of >>54419478 as well, and I like some of those tracks.

>>54419469
>>54419447
>>54419492
Cool shit. Thanks.
>>
File: 1499903567409.jpg (153KB, 736x1151px) Image search: [Google]
1499903567409.jpg
153KB, 736x1151px
>>54419379
Irving Force
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_63m0rwhLc
Perturbator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP1C-W8A69s
Level -1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6Hs8jDLDuY
Health
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xupJtM-C2vA
The Glitch Mob
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVqPx5mUj0g

>>54419478
Annul is the best track desu.
>>
So, I come from 4e.
Shadowrun was the first rpg I actively and regularly played, and now its my favorite rpg.
I started in my second semester of college, playing once a week.
The GM was a friend of mine, and he was alright, but he like the weird weird weird shit way to much, so he often sent us on crazy missions, usually based on the weirdest and most craziest things he could find in the books. He also had a tendency to make super special snowflakes and he would ever so often do a run where it was like basically "look at my special snowflake, isn't this neat?". These were sometimes really annoying adventures, but mostly fun.
All in all he was decent I'd say, if he didn't drift off into his snowflake thing too much. He let me take over as GM sometimes so he could play himself, so thats how I came to learn to gm.
Now all of this was fine and dandy.
Then, our gm had to drop out of college, the group split up, players left, leaving me and a dude to play together with a different group.
Since we were to many players and just one gm, the gm duty was split. Everyone who wanted to could just gm for a session.
Since everyone was used to super highpower shit, they did their own highpower shit.
I... just stopped playing at some point. I haven't played in like 2 years or something.
But... after playing Dragonfall recently, I want to play shadowrun reeeeaaal fucking bad.
So this is the important part: I have some people who would be willing to play, but I know them well enough to know what kind of snowflakes they cook up and how hellbent they are on playing snowflakes. I want this to be more grounded. Like they are special motherfuckers, but they gotta deal with the shadowrunner lifestyle propper.
I thought about jumping to 5e, but I'm not sure which books to get.
I'm german so thise are preferred.
TL;DR: I want to play shafowrun again after 4e, make the junp to 5e, but don't know which books I should allow. Should allow snowflakes, but not ultra snowflakes. German preferably.
>>
File: 1446050227261.jpg (79KB, 352x300px) Image search: [Google]
1446050227261.jpg
79KB, 352x300px
Would it be possible to have a pixie wear a suit of armor made of drones in 5e? Or am I fucked?

Ignore the why's. I'm just wondering if its possible and if it would work.
>>
>>54420212
Read the OP, look at the books. It's the same deal as 4e, with a handful of core books and smaller supplements.
>>
>>54420359
>>54420212
Since you're German, you get the better version.
>>
>>54420347
Completely possible, and as likely as Dunkelzahn returning to suck your pixie dick.
>>
>>54418279
>>54418298
>>54418316
Just use drones for that.
There are human looking drones so...
If you want to have the human aestatic, you could do something like I did for a run.
They were used as the "get in, grab research data and get out"-team while another team was playing distraction for security.
So they come into this lab and see somethi g that looks like a super cybered human. Bioware, cyberware, from top to bottom artificial looking. It was all cutting edge stuff too.
The mage scans its aura, it isn't "alive", but he is sure it is not a dead body.
While searching the lab for the data, they stumble apon an "on" switch. They push it and the thing starts moving. It isn't hostile though, more over, it is bagging them to get it out of here. It talks and moves like a human being, but there is 0 aura. It isn't a cyberzombie, and it is too organic to just be a piece of machinery.
Smelling money, they comply.
What they never found out was that this was a cutting edge experiment for a new type of drone, hosted by a spirit in the machine.
If the groups technomancer wasn't such a dipshit, he could have found out something about it and we could have had a real fun campaign about this shit...
Now that I think about it, a cartel probably won't have access to something like this either.
Just use drones
>>
>>54420359
Yeah, I know.
I have already read into it a bit.
My question was what would you people recommend. My guess (from all I've read and heared so far) is Datatrails, Run faster and (of course the core rules).
Which once did I miss? Probably the arsenal and streetmagic one, right?
>>
>>54420449
ITT: Huge plothooks your players ignored because someone was a total dipshit
>>
>>54420212
What was your favorite thing from Dragonfall?
>>
>>54420480
Run & Gun/Kreuzfeuer is full of neat weapons and armour, you'll want that one. Strassengrimoire/Street Grimoire is the core magic book, so that's pretty essential as well. We don't have a PDF for State of the Art: ADL here yet, but that seems to be a good lot of German gear.
>>
>>54420532
Glory.
Since I'm a lesbian and have a nick for cybered women, she was relevant to my interests very much.
And while I liked her from the getgo, her backstory was amazing and her loyality mission made tear up a little.
I just really like glory. She is best girl.
Blitz was also really cool. I'm a decker and it is just fun to call him out for his bullshit since I'm much better at decking than him. He doesn't find much use because of the same reason, he is a fun character anyways.
The others are cool as well... and seeing how much love went into making the game feel like you are actually in germany is really nice. Like, the türkish folks on the kreuzbasar are like... you know... natural.
Its just nice.
I like this game alot.
>>
>>54420634
She was amazing. Did you purify the shrine spirit or murder it with her?
>>
>>54420544
Thanks. I guess I have a bunch of stuff to read now.
>>
>>54420704
I think I murdered it.
It has been a while since I did that.
Just recently had the time to pick it up again and instantly fall in love with shadowrun all over again.
Haven't played through the end yet though
>>
>>54420746
Keep going, it gets even better.
>>
Hey, how good is 2050?
Is it compatible with other books or just a stand alone thing?
>>
>>54416102
read again what 3dpd means
>>
>>54420845
Okay, what does it mean.
>>
File: Techno_Barbarian.jpg (89KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
Techno_Barbarian.jpg
89KB, 500x667px
>>54419379
The soundtracks of the C&C Tiberium games have a nice cyberpunky feel to them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACQwFQYD4sI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ0K_8Atomw

Also the ost of VtM:Bloodlines
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUDvdBGbCwY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imb_HHcp2Tk
Especially this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1GhNWS3yN8
It's such a fucking shame that half of it didn't even make it into the game

Metal Gear Rising has some nice music for intense fight sequeces. I like the combination of rock and electronic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SevR3wSypQ8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b82WavFKbOY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dPaVk4G1jg
>>
>>54421732
Why not music from shadowrun Returns, Dragonfall and (maybe) Hongkong
>>
>>54421640
3D Pig Disgusting
she was getting a sense of self worth by convincing him that virtual girls > real girls
>>
How do you deal with groups that for some reason or another did not purchase any personal modes of transportation?

I play the groups Rigger and I am the only one with a ride. While that may be peachy (I can fit the others) I have been asked to GM for the next mission and I really want it to be an extraction/handover job with a moral twist.

Do I just let Johnson lend them a ride for a cut of their pay? Should I do the unthinkable and use my own PC as an NPC and give them control over his ride? Or should I just let them figure it out?
>>
>>54421849
That seemed kinda obvious. But yes, those are good too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbiVCrD1M1o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00-yCMBkkiA

I just remembered: Portal has an amazing soundtrack, both for action sequences
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5DgrFXPI2Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5Erl-y9b_4
and slow scenes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58BYNyLzmV0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u15WtO5do4E
>>
>>54421872
Huh...
I guess that makes sense, actually.
True AIs are capable of feelings to an extent, right?
If so, its likely that she might fall for a decker, and thus, since she doesn't have a real body, this is the best she can do.
Although, since VR is a thing, 3DPD doesn't really apply, does it
>>
>>54422040
>Although, since VR is a thing, 3DPD doesn't really apply, does it
Way I see it, the phrase 3DPD is probably only in use by the neckest of neckbeards in Shadowrun. As you stated, VR is a thing and only the poor or desperately retro watch anything in 2D still.
>>
>>54418033
Look into Biodrones from Howling Shadows.
>>
How close are the quick start rules to the full thing ? Are they worth reading before picking up the book ?
>>
>>54422399
They are as close as it gets.

They are mostly worth it if you haven't played Shadowrun before and want to get ready to play within the next 24 to 48 hours.
>>
>>54416941
I honestly feel like beyond editing there's a significant amount of rules that are just missing. Things that were started and then not brought to their conclusion. They made something, and maybe offhandedly mentioned something related or made a mod or item that interacts with it that mentions some function as if it was in addition to something else the base thing already does, but theres no mention of that anywhere, etc.

There's a huge amount of clutter that just fulfills the same basic functions because only select things were really focussed on and fleshed out and many times there's stuff that's essentially the same thing fluff-wise but has 2 different incarnations mechanics wise. Though in general theres a lot of hesitancy in houseruling that kind of stuff in SR somehow and I see a lot of play by RAW.
>>
>>54420212
>complains about player snowflakes
>gushes over the most snowflakey SR vidya ever made
>especially Glory
>>
>>54416102
>>54421872
>3d
>>
>>54416116
>So I'm making a speed freak orc. I got 6 Reaction (8 with bioware), 6 ranks in driving (+2 wheeled specialization), a couple qualities that give bonuses to speed, evasion, and stunt tests, the Narco bioware, a control rig, and a whole bunch of Betameth. Is there anything else I can add to my burnout driver to make him a balls to the wall driver?
The best bonus you can get to Reaction is a combination of Wired Reflexes and a Reaction Enhancer, not drugs. You can get up to a +6 that way - it breaks the normal +4 cap. If you're trying to make an absurd driver, that's how you do it.
>>
File: Raccoon 1.jpg (85KB, 550x792px) Image search: [Google]
Raccoon 1.jpg
85KB, 550x792px
>>54417504
>Hey, where can I find the online errata for shapeshifters?

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=4i6cc0ibku7m9t945sdtblpel6&topic=24596.msg464878#msg464878

>Shapeshifter Species Abilities (P. 105, Metavariant Attribute Table: Shapershifters)
>For each variety of shapeshifter, add the following entries to Racial Traits: Allergy (Silver, Severe), Dual Natured, Regeneration, and Vulnerability (Silver).
>>
>>54417704
SR math works on 3 dice=1 hit, so you generally want 12+ dice in the thing you're great at, 9 in a secondary skill you want to rely on, and 6 in a tertiary skill to get you through in a pinch.

Go Resources A, you should have enough money left after buying a deck to get good cyberware. Decking/rigging is hard to do because decks are expensives, RCCs are expensive, and maintaining a fleet of drones is drekking expensive.

I'm not saying you can't have a rotodrone with a sniper rifle as backup, or a couple of Flying Eyes for spy purposes (imo, if there's no dedicated rigger in a group everyone should have a couple of minidrones); you just need to slave them to your deck, and they can't run additional programs, so they'll be significantly less effective than a rigger's fleet.

I have no idea what
>How balanced would be the giving the char improved tech skills, just enough to manage multiclassing, and taking away all the money he'd earn, immediate expenses aside?
means, but you absolutely need to be at least capable of pointing a gun at someone, stealing everything is very difficult due to Ownership rules, and you'll be hard-pressed to just maintain a bunch of drones/vehicles through the recycling rules, let alone building new ones (building new ones is also not covered under the rules, but can be worked around).
>>
>>54419379
I like Danger because for some reason his EP cover reminds me of the native american lands for the Genesis version of Shadowrun. Also his french electronica sounds with a pinch of cyberpunk feels, it's great
>>
Is there any way to get an Adept's unarmed damage on par with a Street Samurai's without also dipping into essence-losing 'ware?
>>
>>54423400
Probably not quite, and the things you CAN do start being ridiculous inefficient PP wise.

But get Critical Strike, Penetrating Strike, Killing Hnads (duh), Attribute Boosts for both STR and AGI (net hits), a martial art with kick attack that you specialize in and then ask your GM if a Knucks (or Steel Toe) attack is still an unarmed attack for the purposes of all that stuff applying and if yes get a weapon focus made like that.
>>
>>54423466
>Killing Hnads (duh)
Why? I mean, it dealing magical damage (harmful to spirits, blocks Regeneration) is great, and all. But it dealing Physical is, if anything, counterproductive.

>Attribute Boosts for both STR
Boost only affects dice pools, not derived statistics like Damage.
>>
>>54423500
You pick if it deals stun or physical, but still get the magical weapon stuff. If your GM allows you the weapon focus though, you can skip it.

The attribute boost stuff I honestly want an errata for clarification. First it just flat says it boosts your stat. Then it says it only affects dicepools, but only clarifies that initiative and limits are unaffected (most likely to avoid initiative shifting), not a blanket "all derived attributes", and it seems like DV is a big enough deal it would've been worth a specific callout.
>>
>>54419379
A little late to the party here.

M.O.O.N's new album is pretty good. I also recommend the soundtrack from Furi; it features a lot of Scattle and Carpenter Brut. Cursor Miner might also work.
>>
>>54423104
Note that that's provisional. It got slapped down by Hardy for the official errata.
>>
>>54423885
>It got slapped down
Yeah? Where? Because as far as I can tell, that ruling is still just as legitimate as the day it was made.
>>
>>54423893
Isn't in the reprint, isn't marked as official.
>>
>>54423924
And yet it's still posted on the official forums without any notation of having been superseded like the prior ruling was.

I'm not saying it's in the official errata or anything, but acting like it's been 'slapped down' is way too far in the other direction.
>>
>>54423885
>>54423924
'Provisional' doesn't mean it's not real errata, it just means it didn't get included in the first reprint. Those are still the actual rules - they were posted by the Errata Coordinator and then never retracted.
>>
>>54418345
>player was a succubus (a houseruled variant of HMHVV that was similar to vampirism).

Any details about how it works mechanically in game?
>>
File: 1364778656269.jpg (207KB, 1797x1482px) Image search: [Google]
1364778656269.jpg
207KB, 1797x1482px
>>54424024
>Any details about how it works mechanically in game?
Not that guy, but if I hear 'succubus' and 'HMHVV,' my first thought is a variant on the Krieger strain where you suck dicks and swallow loads instead of eating dudes.

That said, if it's a variant on vampirism it's probably just a vampire whose Essence Drain procs off of banging instead of drinking blood and causing fear.
>>
>>54423893
>>54423967
Nope.
> Some of the shifter errata was not given final approval. I was overruled; the line developer has that option. It's still listed as "Provisional" in the forum post, and will remain so, but ultimately it wasn't my call.
>>
>>54423956
>Patrick Goodman
>Apr 3 2017, 05:15 PM
>Some of the shifter errata was not given final approval. I was overruled; the line developer has that option. It's still listed as "Provisional" in the forum post, and will remain so, but ultimately it wasn't my call.
>>
File: succubus.png (322KB, 785x835px) Image search: [Google]
succubus.png
322KB, 785x835px
>>54424024
>>54418345
Here are the rules for succubi
>>
>>54424066
I like it.

We houseruled the banshees to drain via panic attacks, this ain't much different.
>>
>>54422813
I'm not copmlaining about snowflakes.
This is shadowrun, a game ABOUT snowflakes.
What I take issue with is when the group just puts together the least playable fuckers possible.
Glory is a burned-out mage, who now kicks ass as the medic and street samurai of the group. By basic concept alone, she is really straight forward and fits the shadowrunner bill perfectly.
When your player come with shit like "I want to play a troll-chimera hybrid", that the kinda shit I'm talking about.
Whats next, a fucking AI in a troll-sized biodrone? I have a binder full of the most crazy shit people can come up with, I swear
>>
Where can I find more information on gangers and eco terrorists?
>>
>>54420347
People don't go in drones, people go in vehicles, this being the primary distinction between the two. You can put a rigger cocoon in a vehicle, but not a drone without dismissing the rules for drone mods (which is a possibility mentioned in the books if you talk about it with the GM). Still a shit idea, though; your overpriced drone will still be easily destroyed, and Ghost knows what a pixie-capable rigger cocoon would cost.
>>
Is a Technomancer that acts like a Techpriest taking it too far?

Better question, is a Technomancer buying a red robe and hand-stitching the checkering on the edges going too far?
>>
>>54424249
>We houseruled the banshees to drain via panic attacks
I like their official method. They scare the shit out of you and chase you down until you drop from exhaustion, then they drain you.
>>
File: Japanese Transit System.gif (3MB, 320x235px) Image search: [Google]
Japanese Transit System.gif
3MB, 320x235px
>>54421923
Let them figure it out. You're supposed to be playing grown-ass criminals, not schoolkids who need Mom's minivan to shuttle them around. Put them through the paces, starting with asking them how they are all going to get to the meet in the first place, and laugh when the cybertroll with the 6-foot combat axe says he's taking the bus.
>>
>>54424445
We liked the idea of them sucking up a blood mist coming from a heart attack victim wriggling on the floor.
>>
>>54424455
A few threads back there was a guy who said he provided a NPC Driver for his players, and they all assumed it was their "get-out-of-jail-free" card, to be played whenever they got trapped somewhere, and got really mad when their decision to force him to drive trough a KE blockade got him killed, and accused the guy of railroading.

So yeah, fuck 'em, if they don't want to own a vehicle, don't go out of your way to provide one for free.
>>
>>54424455
You're right. That'll show the main GM to allow a player to roll a friggen Oni outside of Japan.
>>
>>54424500
>>
File: Katana Samurai.jpg (147KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Katana Samurai.jpg
147KB, 1280x720px
>>54424492
>they all assumed it was their "get-out-of-jail-free" card

Because by OP's own statement, the guy was a getaway driver who had never failed before. If a card continually gets you out of jail for free, you're going to assume it's a get out of jail free card.
>>
>>54424492
Hmm, that gives me an idea.

If the players insist on Johnson getting them a ride, he will happily oblige and give them a full surveillance van, making sure he knows everything about them including the access codes to their Cyberware before the run is over. Also, being able to put them at the scene of the crime.
>>
>>54424548
Depending on how he acts he'll either get away with a few "Sick bodymods, chummer!" or a mark on his head since it'll be fucking easy to track the single Oni in germany down if need be.
>>
So why isn't there a german version of chromeflesh and rigger 5.0 on the pastbin?
You can buy them as pdfs right?
Nobody did that?
>>
>>54424603
>mfw my last character was going to be an Oni living in Germany. Shame that campaign never got off the ground.
>>
>>54424418
>Is a Technomancer that acts like a Techpriest taking it too far?
Not at all

>is a Technomancer buying a red robe and hand-stitching the checkering on the edges going too far?
Since you're making yourself look like a mage that might be too far
>>
File: tumblr_otaj2cHwYU1sjtem1o1_400.gif (3MB, 320x216px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_otaj2cHwYU1sjtem1o1_400.gif
3MB, 320x216px
>>54415039
So myself and a couple chummers found a DM who knows 5e to help us wrap our heads around it, but I don't have direct contact with him to bounce ideas or questions off him. I'm still kinda cloudy on a couple rules, unlike my two pals I don't have long time TTRPG and DMing experience so some of it is a little more obtuse to me than them.

I'm planning on running a mage, so that one of us gets at least a minor handle on magic rules by experience. I'm not really building optimal, grabbing stuff I think looks cool and I want to play with, but I had a really stupid idea I'm interested in trying out. If I give him a partial cyberarm, can I make that a focus? Or jam a focus in there that he can use in a forearm compartment or something?

Pic unrelated.

tl;dr Can a mage use a partial cyberarm as a focus or can he use one stored in it?
>>
>>54424891
Can you explain the reasoning to me? Not to sound harsh, but why choose one of the most exotic metatypes possible for playing Shadowrun, a game about being covert?
>>
>>54424924
>a game about being covert?
who says they have to be covert?
>>
File: Shadowrun 5 Cover.jpg (900KB, 850x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun 5 Cover.jpg
900KB, 850x1100px
>>54424924
>Shadowrun, a game about being covert

I want trenchcoat fags to go and stay go
>>
>>54424455
Or you know, not laugh at your players, but explain the basic tenets of how you IMAGINE the world of Shadowrun works before you set them up to fail.
>>
>>54424917
>Can I give him a Cyberarm
Yes you can. Essence loss is a bitch for mages though - Even at 0.1 essence loss you already lose 1 full point off your magic attribute. Be sure to take some good Cyberware or make the guy a mystic adept following the burnouts way.

>Can my Cyberarm be a focus
Technology generally has a high resistance to enchantment for both lore and balancing reasons. It is possible though, but count on the ritual fucking you and your wallet over a few times before it sticks.

>Can I put a focus in a compartment
Absolutely
>>
>>54424948
They set themselves up to fail when they're a full group that only uses the rigger's van. From either an RP or mechanics viewpoint, that's retarded. The obvious failings are entirely of their own making.
>>
>>54424939
>Shadow
>Run

>>54424947
Full Neon with heavy Gibson influence here. Still, point stands - Even if you go clubbing with full neon strips and AR-fashion, you may want to turn that stuff off when infiltrating enemy territory.
>>
>>54424998
You mean in the same way you'll probably hide your Oni face? Consider being stealthy omae.
>>
>>54424924
>Playing Shadowrun covert.
>AbsolutelyDisgusting.jpg
Anyway, character was Mitsuhama or Shiawase (I honestly can't remember) CorpSec that Goblinized late and was reassigned someplace very, very far from Japan in hopes that the filthy Trog issue would sort itself out.
>>
File: Orc Shock Hand.png (630KB, 891x609px) Image search: [Google]
Orc Shock Hand.png
630KB, 891x609px
>>54424917
Turning a cyberarm into a focus is near-impossible (Artificing + Magic [formula Force] v. formula Force + telesma’s Object Resistance is the base math, Artificing+Magic is going to be 12 at the high end for a specialized talismonger, OR of a cyberarm is 15+). There's also the question of how ot works with your aura, whether or not it requires Tattoo metamagic and whether that works when you're trying to paint on metal and not inject flesh with ink, etc.

It makes more sense to have a foci that is stored in a compartment on the arm.
>>
>>54424977
>They set themselves up to fail when they're a full group that only uses the rigger's van.
Why so?
You rely on the mage for magical protection and support
You rely on the decker for technological protection and support
You rely on the face providing the talking
And you rely on the rigger for providing transport

Or are you telling me that every of your players has a vehicle, magical protection, a deck or heavily modded commlink and tailored pheromones? There is a reason why this game wants players to be specialized and relying on others for things they cannot do, and not a game where everyone has to be able to do everything

>>54424998
>Shadow
You run in the shadows because you do not display information about YOUR EMPLOYER
It doesn't mean that you have to be the blandest motherfucker in the entire UCAS

>Run
You run through facilities
>>
Yekka?
the option to increase the magazine on a drone weapon to belt-fed. it takes up two slots, as it should, but somehow doesn't increase mag size? Is this a bug or am I doing this wrong
>>
File: hugeimage-900x590.jpg (396KB, 900x590px) Image search: [Google]
hugeimage-900x590.jpg
396KB, 900x590px
>>54424924
You are everything wrong with modern Shadowrun.
>>
>>54425044
>>54424973
Neat, I figured that would probably be beneficial anyways. Since if it's just in the compartment I can take it out when i don't need it, because as long as it is there it can be astrally sensed, yeah?

And I should be able to use it while it's in the arm as long as it's there?
>>
File: Shadowrun vs. Dungeons & Dragons.jpg (221KB, 1343x607px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun vs. Dungeons & Dragons.jpg
221KB, 1343x607px
>>54425045
>And you rely on the rigger for providing transport
So what do you do for the 150 hours a week you're not shadowrunning? Do you call up the rigger and ask him to take you grocery shopping, and get the mage out to the country to hunt for reagents, and take the street samurai on his date, and the face down to the shopping mall so he can buy a new suit?

You're supposed to be adults who have functioning lives (for a given value of functioning) and are also criminals for hire, not murderhobos that exist only as a single unit that is incapable of existing without the constant support of each other. You're damn right every player character I make has a vehicle, and everyone who plays at my table either has a vehicle or gets really fucking good at carpooling and knowing the bus schedule while they save up for one. You can get bikes starting at 3,000 nuyen, trucks and cars at 7,500 - you can get a vehicle with your first run's profits and have cash to spare for a fake license. Everyone doesn't need do have a Roadmaster kitted out with morphing plates and a concealed RPK, but when you ask them how they get from home in Puyallup to the Downtown restaurant where they are meeting the Johnson, they better have an answer.
>>
>>54425225
>So what do you do for the 150 hours a week you're not shadowrunning?
Chummer, Public Transport is still a thing in the 6th world. And even if you need one, you can just rent a car.
>>
>>54424823
They ain't in there because I've had IRL issues recently regarding graduation and I haven't been handed a copy of either of them. Second I am, I'll whack them up, but it's worth remembering that ~90% of the regular users here don't speak/read German.
>>
File: Elemental Strike Adept.png (690KB, 897x613px) Image search: [Google]
Elemental Strike Adept.png
690KB, 897x613px
>>54425206
Foci are visible in astral space, and can be activated so long as it is within your aura (i.e. you're touching it or it's very close to your body, like in a pocket).
>>
>>54425249
Which is why he mentions bus schedules and bikes.

Though, public transport is mostly only gonna get you close to where you need to go. The subway is gonna take you to the warehouses down by the docs, or out into the Barrens.
>>
File: Elf Driver.png (710KB, 714x485px) Image search: [Google]
Elf Driver.png
710KB, 714x485px
>>54425249
So then we're back to the starting point. The 3-5 people who don't have a vehicle between them can work out if they're going to try and extract their VIP using the 195 to Tacoma, or in their Zipcar. Or they can work out some other method of transport, like stealing a car, buying one quickly from a contact, begging the Johnson to give them one, or borrowing one from their mother.

Any way you slice it, it is not at all unfair for the group to have to deal with the fact that they were entirely reliant on one person for a very basic element of life.
>>
>>54425259
You can line compartments with astral shielding, if need be, and if you are smuggling magical gear, that is advised
>>
>>54424917
>Can a mage use a partial cyberarm as a focus
Technically yes, but practically no. You'd have to be a god-tier artificer to pull that off without killing yourself.

>or can he use one stored in it?
Yes, very easily.
>>
File: 1500314343936.jpg (103KB, 500x540px) Image search: [Google]
1500314343936.jpg
103KB, 500x540px
>>54424924
>Shadowrun, a game about being covert?
>>
File: Fling.jpg (294KB, 1920x1074px) Image search: [Google]
Fling.jpg
294KB, 1920x1074px
>>54425368
Active foci can't be used in a biofiber pocket. If he does that, he needs to remove it to use it. Might be better overall if he's trying to sneak it in, so long as no wagemage thinks to ask why there's a glowing pocket of life in the middle of the dude's cyberarm.
>>
This whole "covert OPs/lifestlye simulator" meme needs to end. One of the most serious timesinks at the table is juggling lifestyle costs and writing gear lists, which is insane. Imagine a D&D game, where everyone spent 90% of each session micromanaging copper pieces so their taxes are in order at the end of the fiscal year.
>>
>>54425259
Foci are basically invisible, astrally speaking, when they're not active. And even if that weren't the case, magical security assensing is wildly less common than mundane security checks.
>>
File: 1419405519963.jpg (116KB, 700x1270px) Image search: [Google]
1419405519963.jpg
116KB, 700x1270px
>>54425469
>Imagine a D&D game, where everyone spent 90% of each session micromanaging copper pieces so their taxes are in order at the end of the fiscal year.
I'd play that game, actually.
>>
>>54425469
Do you not play peasant simulator 2001?
>>
>>54425478
>All foci have auras that are visible from astral space and carry your astral signature (p. 312). While activated, a focus also has an astral form.
>Living things in general are not active on the astral plane but still cast a reflection of themselves there. This reflection is called an aura; it appears as a shining, vibrant, colorful luminescence. Any non-living objects appear as faded semblances of their physical selves; grey, lifeless, and intangible.
>Anything active on the astral plane, including spirits, active foci, dual-natured beings, etc., has a tangible astral form. These forms are more colorful and brighter than auras, as they are astrally “real.”

An active foci is fluffwise more notable than a deactivated foci, but both are still highly visible on the astral. There's no mechanical difference, afaik.
>>
>>54425469
>One of the most serious timesinks at the table is juggling lifestyle costs and writing gear lists, which is insane

Maybe you're not ready to play a cyberpunk game where the default assumption is that you are legally not a person, and are surviving by operating in a morally grey criminal underworld. Keeping track of your money is important, because it's your only way out of that life. Also, pic related >>54425225

>Imagine a D&D game, where everyone spent 90% of each session micromanaging copper pieces so their taxes are in order at the end of the fiscal year.
Aside from the obvious exaggeration, that's what a lot of WFRP is about. Being someone at the bottom of the social hierarchy, instead of Mr. Big Hero with World-Shaping Powers, is a valid genre of RPG and many people enjoy that.
>>
>>54422103
>only the poor or desperately retro watch anything in 2D still.

somehow i find the idea of 2d becoming niche with the advent of cheap and readily available 3d VR and AR hard to buy.
>>
>>54425255
I appreciate the german books in the pastebin hugely. It was such a pain in the ass to trackdown my copies for 4th edition.
I figured that no one has handed in a copy yet.
Well, if I get my paycheck and there is some spare cash, I'll buy them and upload them.
How 'bout that?
>>
>>54425708
>foci
Foci is plural. 'An active focus' is the singular.
>>
>>54425820
I used to feel the same way about hardcopy books only ten years ago.

Now look at how people just use their tablets and smartphones for reading. Now extrapolate over fifty years instead of just a decade. The changing of media is a given at this point.
>>
>>54425504
"Potions are an allowable business expense dammit! What does it matter I bought 6000 of them on the last day of the financial year?"
>>
>>54424284
What's the Scooby Doo of that binder, if you don't mind looking? Now that I think about it, that can be either in the sense of being the worst sheet, worst character, or worst at being crazy.
>>
>>54425977
I am also interested in the Scrappy Doo of that binder.
>>
>>54425469
Yeah I'd play the shit out of that. I've actually got a campaign in my back pocket for a different Fantasy system where the players run an expanding shipping business, with all the management it entails.
>>
Can a fingertip compartment hold a monowhip, or does it not have enough capacity to hold a lipstick-sized tube? I remember reading about a piece of 'ware that turns your entire final digit into the monowhip counterweight, but I can't find it.
>>
File: 1422539501999.jpg (28KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1422539501999.jpg
28KB, 300x400px
>>54425788
Exactly - that pic is the cancer festering at the heart of SR5
>>
>>54426303
It is right there in the Core text.
http://adragon202.no-ip.org/Shadowrun/index.php/SR5:Cyberware:Body#Fingertip_Compartment
>>
>>54423884
>M.O.O.N's new album is pretty good.

the one's who contributed some of their work to Hotline Miami?
>>
>>54426328
Well, I'm a fucking retard. I didn't read onto the second page in the core book. Thanks.
>>
>>54424924
how covert you are depends on the game the group is running.

So far our missions have involved van-to-limo combat, fighting a trio of Go Gangers on the roof of a 2 story boarding house, and planning to raid an Aztechnology facility that Ares Macrotechnology has been besieging for a while now and try to be in and out before Ares knows what's going on.
>>
>>54426311
And I assume that >>54425179 is the cancer at the heart of 1e?
>>
>>54426578
Nothing about that picture tells you how the game ought to be played.
>>
File: 1500313094225.jpg (93KB, 598x784px) Image search: [Google]
1500313094225.jpg
93KB, 598x784px
>>54426578
1e ruined Shadowrun. What were the devs thinking?
>>
>>54426606
It tells me that you're supposed to dress up like an idiot and be about as subtle as a man dual wielding uzis.
>>
>>54426338
Yeah. He's quitting now, though.

https://youtu.be/TUmP_jfFZ7E
>>
>>54425148
bamp
anyone else?
>>
>>54425977
The worst character was the Chimera-hybrid I think. It was rulebendy as fuck (basically using the rules for Chimeras on a metahuman, which btw would cost Money and nothing else).
He tried to pull that shit with another player who had bodytech and medicine skills up the ass and could theoretically create a chimera.
It was just No.
Then we had the duck-shapeshifter, specialized in throwing grenades. Not like "I throw them and they explode", more like "I throw them, enemy dies on impact AND THEN THEY EXPLODE".
Thats was some bullshit, I swear.
The worst at being crazy was the hobgoblin dude with LOG 1 and secret compartments in his cyberlips... that he filled with his own shit.
Like....
>>
>>54426715
>shit botox
Duuuuuuuuuuude
You gotta rethink your player choice
>>
>>54426009
Like, unbelieveably stupid and annoying?
I think the duck has that covered, and that is mainly because the player who made this abomination of stupid ALWAYS plays self-insert. Well, not really himself as himself, but all his characters have hs personality... and that personality is annoying manchild.
He also made a bear-shapeshifter who was mage, but can only cast magic if he is hight. His only spell is used to light joints. I'm not kidding.
Other than that, he was parcifist and could tank like a motherfucker.
>>
>>54426715
>hobgoblin that eats his own shit

Clockwork, is that you?
>>
>>54426792
Didn't Clockwork die?
>>
>>54426819
There have been at least three different Clockworks so far.
>>
>>54426819
No idea, I think the SRR games hinted that the Clockwork in books is actually APEX masquerading as him, but that's probably not canon.

He's a cunt either way, though.
>>
>>54426792
Nonono, he doesn't eat it (luckily).
He throws it.
At everyone he thinks is magical.
He hates magic.
>>
So what are the ice caps looking like in the deregulated, corporatized future? It's obvious that CGL wouldn't consider them at all, since they seem to still think they're writing in the 80s.
>>
>>54426866
And Technomancers.
And AI.
And morality.

Clockwork is just a misanthrope, I think.
>>
>>54426889
I can't recall global temperatures ever being mentioned, but my guess is that CRAZY ICE MAGIC has turned them into a magical arctic.
>>
>>54426889
regrown, thanks to magic coming back
same reason why forests are regrowing
>>
>>54426892
The dude also had "Cooking his own soup" as a knowledge skill. I changed it to "Recipes for soup" when he gave me the charactersheet for correction.
Little did I know, this was actually an euphermism for mastubation I never heard before.
We had this one dude though who had "sexual acts" as an action skill. The GM signed that shit off.
Same dude who hired a hooker and talked her into letting him shove a grenade up her ass for money. It was a dummy grenade, but still.
>>
>>54426889
The Antarctic is still extremely hostile to life, to the point where it's the designated spot for top-secret blacksites for several entities. It started to get heavily exploited during the early 2000's, then the Awakening turned it back into frozen hell. Weird magic surges means some people went looking for orichalcum, and supposedly there's a lost city. Still a hole in the ozone, though, and supposedly some ultra-hardcore survivalists eating penguins and living on rocks.

The Arctic is less intense but did bounce back, as per >>54426918. They'll never talk about it beyond the Yakut, because they hate the idea of doing anything with the Athabaskan Council or any other NAN.
>>
/srg/, could you help a chummer out?

I need to get our Gunbunny sammy on a roof, and I want to have my Air Spirit carry her there because it's faster than Sammy taking the stairs.

Question's simple: what optional power (if any) does my Spirit need to pick up the lass and get her to where she can shoot people dead? Movement? Engulf? Anything else?
>>
>>54426578
No, that's just the heart of Shadowrun in every edition.
>>
>>54427014
I'd say movement.
>>
>>54427014
Buy some fucking gecko gloves jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>54427014
>what optional power (if any) does my Spirit need to pick up the lass and get her to where she can shoot people dead?
none? The spirit should be able to just pick her up and carry her up on the roof
>>
>>54427014
Nothing special, roll carry for the spirit the same way you would for anyone else, but factor in its vertical movement.
>>
>>54425824
Dude, don't get them if you wouldn't anyway - worst comes to worst, I can always go on a serious business hunt next time I get a few days free. Still, you offerring is very much appreciated, and if you get 'em and scrub your details off them, send them my way and I'll whack them up.
>>
>>54427028
>>54427044
>>54427093
Thanks for the help, guys, Lifting & sprinting it is.

>>54427030
Sure, but the spirit carrying her there is going to be way faster than her climbing.
>>
>>54427208
Actually also ran into the issue that apparently at no point did they source any sort of portable winch that isn't attached to a vehicle or a grapple gun.
>>
File: sanic.jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sanic.jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
When's the next book coming out? It's Orks/Trolls, yeah?
>>
>>54425179
is this a DnD thread? cause you sound like you are from a DnD thread.

Shadowrun is all about flashy and punk shit.
Its part of the charm that players are special snowflakes in the less cancerous right.
You know, mohawks, war paint, wearing too much leather, neon shit.

thats part of the theme.
And yes, its also a game about covert stuff, but beeing someone that stands out is not something you can do anything about in universe, thats also why a lot of mutations count as drawbacks.

Go figure.
>>
>>54427554
sorry thatw as meant for >>54424924
>>
Is there an errata or updated pdf to Shadowrun Anarchy?
>>
>>54427802
There's errata I think on the forums
>>
File: Waiting.gif (328KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
Waiting.gif
328KB, 300x250px
>>54427499
That one is in the works, as is the technomancer book and I think one more. No dates given for anything.
>>
>>54427979
Infected, supposedly.
>>
>>54425440
>REMEMBER, THIS IS A SNEAKING MISSION

Can anyone give me a good magic macguffin worth stealing? My guy's backstory includes him getting double-crossed on a run to steal a magic item from a Hong Kong bathhouse, escaping narrowly with a bounty, etc. and I'm not sure what to make this thing. It was going to be an astrally active rose diamond called the "Drake's Tear" but I'm very fuzzy on the actual details of it and I just made it a magic gem with a nice name to sound cool.
>>
File: seymour.gif (362KB, 256x184px) Image search: [Google]
seymour.gif
362KB, 256x184px
>>54427979
I see. I'll just have to put on my waiting shoes and hope it's sometime in the near future
>>
>>54428100
>TM book
>near future
>>
>>54428041
Is it supposed to have actual powers/benefits or just something neat that people might be after?
A sentient crystal might work.
>>
>>54428209
Yeah, just something neat that's not earth-shatteringly important, probably worth around 30k plus strategic or cultural importance. A sentient crystal might indeed work.
>>
>>54428041
From Dunk's Will you have things like the Arrow of Red Dragon Slaying, the First Key of Power, Dunk's Tarot Deck (not technically magical but rumors probably gave it some powers), the Spear of Destiny (just the blade/head), the Al Azif (a first folio edition!), the Tradeus Manual, one of the Coins of Luck, and for variety "Pre-Bronze Age Cave Reliefs 1–12".

Those are not at all magical, but even moreso than the tarot deck above, you can be somebody's going to think it is.
>>
>>54428288
>>54428209
Sentient crystals aren't a thing, though, except the crystalline entities from Shadow Spells. You might go with a card from the Sixth World Tarot, if you want to bring the current metaplot into the game.
>>
>>54428390
I don't know about anything having to do with dragons, especially Big D, unless it's a pen he once touched or something. Even if it's nothing at all, artifacts like that would bring down hellfire much worse than just a Red Dragon bounty, like I planned, just for being closely associated with him. Remember when he gave a BTL addict multiple billions of nY because he was lent a gold coin once?

>>54428396
What about a spirit bound to a gem or summoning focus for a specific spirit? Is that a thing? I'm still super-green on spirits and astral space.
>>
>>54428502
Now that you mention it, though, a Coin of Luck might be pretty damned tempting, considering that the guy who crossed my dude would likely still have it. Make for a good prime runner antagonist.
>>
>>54428502
So, the tarot deck or the old art of his? At least D's gone, unlike Real Blood. (Now there's a change in references.)
>>
>>54428502
>>54428396
Who gives a fuck if it has been done in a book before?
If people knew what it was or how it worked it would hardly be a mystery. They might theorize that it is a manifested spirit, that it actually came from a metaplane and is in fact a physical fragment of another plane of existence or none of these.
Have some imagination.
>>
File: Dwarf and LED Tattoos.png (758KB, 616x670px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf and LED Tattoos.png
758KB, 616x670px
>>54428502
You might say that the gem is the spirit formula of a free spirit, one that has not been translated into a hermetic formula. If it's from Hong Kong, you could make a pearl or some other jewel valuable to the Wuxing tradition.

>>54428575
If someone asks to play a game of Shadowrun, and their character comes with a backstory about how they were involved with some super-special unique artifact that doesn't have any precedent in the lore, it's the definition of snowflake bullshit.
>>
>>54428575
I mean, I can improvise a little, but I want to cover all my bases before I start making stuff up
>>
>>54428647
My guy started off with what was basically an Anarchy backstory anyway. If anything, I want to distance myself from being the coolest guy ever before I even come into the campaign.
>>
>>54428679
>>54428647
But if they stole super-special unique artifact that is a big part of an essential mystery of the setting that's soooo much better.
Keep it low key, and most importantly: talk to your DM
>>
File: Babylon Rocker.jpg (268KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
Babylon Rocker.jpg
268KB, 670x503px
>>54428566
Be aware that there are 4 Coins of Luck. One is held by the wife of the Wuxing CEO (and is suspected to have contributed to rocketing that corp to AAA status), one is held by the Great Dragon Lung, one has through murder and violence passed through the hands of several criminal syndicates and Great Dragons in the ~20 years since it was bequeathed (current location unknown, possibly held by Aztechnology) and the fourth was part of a conspiracy by three dragons to steal it and is currently held by Night Owl after a doublecross.

So, you know, that's the state of the Coins.

>>54428708
True artifacts are incredibly rare, and incredibly hotly pursued. If you don't want a backstory about being super-awesome, don't make one where you're moving in awesome circles. There's lots of things you might steal or otherwise do to end up on someone's shit list.

>>54428732
Fuck off back to Exalted. A starting shadowrunner is not supposed to be the lynchpin around which the setting revolves, and even prime runners are lucky if they can cross something like a minor dragon or megacorporation and get away with more than they lose.
>>
Would you cybersex the APEX for fraulein Monica?
>>
>>54428796
sarcasm_is_hard.jpg
>>
>>54428853
Poe's Law is in full effect.
>>
>>54428853
You know, using sarcasm ambiguously on the internet makes you the faggot for not clearly communicating.
>>
>>54428802
what
>>
>>54428732
>But if they stole super-special unique artifact that is a big part of an essential mystery of the setting that's soooo much better
>>54428913
Sorry that was too difficult to parse for your limited mental faculties. I will include the proper xml-sarcasm tags to satisfy your autism, next time.
>>
>>54428933
play dragonfall
>>
>>54428796
>three dragons
I'm out. Free spirit hermetic formula it is. That shit ain't worth the 50k bounty on my character.
>>
How do you guys deal with cussin'?
I have a few players who are nonplussed by the "fake" swears and one who hates them.
I just use the real words and their counterparts interchangeably.
Thoughts?
>>
File: Wuxing Mage.jpg (84KB, 736x1011px) Image search: [Google]
Wuxing Mage.jpg
84KB, 736x1011px
>>54429028
>Free spirit hermetic formula it is

It doesn't have to be a hermetic formula.
>The true name of a spirit is a complex, arcane formula that represents the sum total of the spirit’s essence and nature. Although intricate and abstract, an identified spirit formula can be transcribed by the Arcana skill into recognizable symbols and terms. Anyone who possesses a copy of a spirit formula can command the free spirit that the formula represents.
>A spirit’s true name can be physically imprinted on an object, a person, or even a place that was near the spirit when it first broke free, but free spirits often relocate any object imprinted with its true name at the first opportunity.
>The spirit formula takes a form appropriate for the spirit’s tradition: a thaumaturgic formula for a hermetic mage, a totemic statuette for a shaman, and so on.

That's why I recommended a pearl, because that's important to Chinese mythology. It could by a spirit formula from anywhere, though.

>>54429117
I like the retrofuture slang and will use it freely in character. Still drop the occasional fuck, though.
>>
>>54429117
>>54429141
If anyone ever calls you out for using real swearing, direct them to the repeated instances of characters saying Fuck in the books. Mostly the older characters.
>>
>>54429181
On the other hand, if someone hates on the slang, they're obviously way too cool to be playing Shadowrun and should gtfo.
>>
>>54428963
Of course, it's my autism, not your lacking ability and inadequate command of the English language. Oh wait, no you're just a faggot.
>>
>>54429117
Use both, because that's what the setting does. Also, I imagine most wageslaves and regular-ish people don't say drek and the like. That's purely slang for shadow culture and internet culture.
>>
>>54429311
Seattle street culture, to be really specific if you want.
>>
>>54429311
I never thought of it like that. Headcanon stolen.
>>
Do you guys think runners check dubs
>>
>>54429565
nah
>>
>>54429565
No. Sprites and AIs eat them.
>>
I'm looking for a fighting style that is very japanese and punch-heavy...
Back in 4th, there was Kenpo for that (eventhough it isn't japanese, but whatever, 2070 probably has a japanese varient of it), but Kenpo is missing from 5th.
What would you suggest
>>
>>54429736
Karate is the striking style for the japanese ones.
>>
>>54429736
I would suggest you drop your weeb-ing before you go full Ken-sama.
>>
>>54429846
Jeet Kun Do has more punches, though
>>
File: IktMrp4.png (624KB, 722x525px) Image search: [Google]
IktMrp4.png
624KB, 722x525px
>>54429264
Ah, got me with the faggot.
>>
>>54429736
Hokuto shinken.
>>
>>54429877
Not a traditional japanese art.
>>
File: Dr._Facilier.jpg (35KB, 415x673px) Image search: [Google]
Dr._Facilier.jpg
35KB, 415x673px
How do I represent someone being in deep debt to some unnamable spirit entities in exchange for magical boons?
>>
>>54431225
That's basically spending karma. Check with your GM about going into karma debt during character creation.
>>
>>54431225
With spirit pacts and a mentor spirit.
>>
>>54431336
How the heck would an in-debt for karma quality work?
They break your... spiritual... kneecaps? If you don't keep up on payments?
???
>>
>>54431665
What you lack in karma they take in essence!
>>
>>54431665
Could very well be essence loss each period without payment. Maybe .1 per week the debt goes unpaid?
>>
>>54431665
They hide his carkeys. Flick on his lights in the middle of the night. Throw away the cap to his soymilk. Loosen the screws on his plumbing. Poke holes in his pockets. Nothing is out of reach for a particularily annoyed spirit.
>>
>>54431665
>>54431744
>>54431765
Is this Man-of-Many-Names backstory?
>>
File: updated_journal.jpg (19KB, 200x165px) Image search: [Google]
updated_journal.jpg
19KB, 200x165px
>>54431878
Who?
>>
>>54431797
Not where I was going to go with it, but this might be better
>>
>>54425148
Hasn't been implemented yet, sorry! I'm doing a bit of work to rebuild weapon mounts into something more functional, at that point they'll be able to do it. >>54427499
The books I'm aware of are Ten AIs, Unnamed Trog Book, and Echoes and Mirages. Trog book seems like it may get released for GenCon, but I've got nothing on the other books. Ten AIs has been stuck in editing hell for like four years though.
>>
File: 1458048139910.jpg (300KB, 1024x1444px) Image search: [Google]
1458048139910.jpg
300KB, 1024x1444px
>>54432424
>Ten AIs has been stuck in editing hell for like four years though.
Sounds like something that was meant for 4e. Not a good sign for publishing speed, considering they shovelled out the other '10 ___' books.
>>
>>54430701
This basically what I do, yes. Will talk to my GM if creating a custom fighting style is acceptable
>>
>>54431665
Karma debt isn't a quality numbnuts. It's just spending more karma than you have and any karma you earn goes to the debt before you can buy up anything else.
>>
>>54432717
That's FAR too boring and consequence free.
>>
>>54432580
What you really need to do is play a mystic adept with touch only spells, and all your combat spells activate the initative pass after you hit your enemy.
>>
>>54432756
You say that like a mage or adept won't be hurting without karma. Consider that it means in a normal game, you'll likely end up never paying off the debt, and if you don't make the payments you lose whatever boon you got.
>>
Oh, fuck everything.

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/888170165657096193
>>
>>54432838
>Will Smith killing scumbag pixies.
I'm ok with this.jpg
>>
>>54432838
I dunno, it looks like it could be alright. I'd prefer to see a tv series done in the same way as Death Valley or whatever, but there are worse Will Smith vehicles.
>>
>>54432838

I remember taking a survey on this movie and it's advertising. I thought it was kind of goofy and unoriginal. Was it made by netflix specifically or did they buy the rights because nobody else wanted in?
>>
>>54432838
>made by the suicide squad director
Don't touch it with a fire poker
>>
>>54433016
Wow, sounds like SOMEONE got salt in his coffee!
>>
>>54432838
Is this supposed to be a Shadowrun or at least a Shadowrun inspired movie?
>>
>>54432838
But it's not even Shadowrun.
>>
>>54433318
It's like someone had Shadowrun described to them at some point and then decided to write a shitty movie script.
>>
File: arco.jpg (148KB, 733x900px) Image search: [Google]
arco.jpg
148KB, 733x900px
>>54433358
I wish there were some actually good cyberpunk movies, not just movies with cyberpunk themes, being made these days. If they have pixies and elves and dwarves and shit, all the better.
>>
>>54432944
Could always be a test to see if a SR Cinematic Universe is something that'll make money. Even if this isn't SR, the reaction it gets might influence a decision on it.
>>
>>54433943
Not a movie, but GITS SAC, obviously.
>>
>>54434109
>GITS SAC
15 years ago, omae
>>
>>54428796
wuh?
>>
>>54432838
That's like Shadowrun set in that tiny period after Goblinization but before the Crash.
>>
>>54415039
>How often do they appear in your games?
The barrens in my game are crawling with crazed ghouls since they're the only ones who can survive all that pollution. I've yet to run into any other kind of infected.
>>
>>54418345
Is that a drawing of the transcendent one?
>>
How feasible would it be to be a street samurai that pretends to be a mage to draw attention?
>>
>>54435823
It's the kind of retarded idea that occurs to everyone from time to time. If it's the kind of thing that you and the GM want in the game, it can be done.
>>
>>54435988
What if I am the GM?
>>
>>54434743
>since they're the only ones who can survive all that pollution
Ironically, ghouls do not have access to immunity: toxins / pathogens. They're among the few infected that don't.
>>
>>54436039
Then ask yourself whether you want to spend the rest of the game roleplaying everyone in the world reacting to some orc waving his hands and saying Abracadabra as a threat to do what he wants.
>>
>>54435988
Make sure the street samurai has a cyberarm loaded with a shotgun (and a variety of exotic shells) and a monowhip. With some sleight of hand, it could be really convincing when he mutters a word from Tolkein, waves his hand at someone, and they fall to pieces or light on fire.
>>
>>54435823
"I use intimidate to make him believe I did a magic trick."
"You ca-"
"18 successes."
"M-my what a show. K-kudos to the thing with th-the bunny!"
>>
File: MAG 0, Con 12.gif (3MB, 320x566px) Image search: [Google]
MAG 0, Con 12.gif
3MB, 320x566px
>>54436247
but actually it wouldn't work at all like that.
People know the difference between a shotgun coming out of your arm and a magic spell,
even if they're just wageslaves who are going off what they saw on the trid
>>
>>54436361
That's what the sleight of hand is for. Tricky misdirection and obscuring angles.
>>
File: Gun Arm.jpg (250KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Gun Arm.jpg
250KB, 1600x1200px
>>54436423
I don't think you know what sleight of hand is, or how cybershotguns work. It's not the kind of thing you can conceal by trying to make someone follow your other hand.
>>
>>54436494
I think you're the one who doesn't understand how a cybershotgun works. There's no action to transition between shotgun-mode and hand-mode - you just tilt your hand, fire a shot out of your wrist/palm, and then you're back to normal just like that. If you include a suppressor, it'll be even less obvious what's actually going on - and even easier to obscure as magic.
>>
>>54436541
It folds back your hand at the wrist, and while there is no action for it it is flipping apart part of your arm, and you can't put a suppressor on a shotgun (unless you assume that the cyberimplant general rule supersedes the specific shotgun rule).

Also, it's a fucking shotgun. You are not going to conceal the fact that you are shooting a fucking shotgun from your arm.
>>
>>54436635
>you can't put a suppressor on a shotgun
[citation needed]

A suppressor doesn't work on shot, but it works just fine on slugs.

By all appearances, you're tilting your hand back and shooting fire from your palm, or pushing your hand forward and with a FOOMP, someone goes flying (because of a gel round).

You can't hide that some kind of bullshit is going on. But the idea that the right slight of hand can't make that bullshit seem like magic is just straight fucking retarded, senpai.
>>
>>54436635
But that's what the sleight of hand is for. Misdirection, not concealment. You make it look like something else is happening.

>>54436698
It's retarded Shadowrun rules that you can't put a suppressor on a shotgun. I don't enforce it at my table.
>>
>>54436494
Me on the left!
>>
>>54436720
>It's retarded Shadowrun rules that you can't put a suppressor on a shotgun.
Again, where's the citation on that?
>>
>>54436732
In the core book? I mean, if you haven't read it that's on you. If you want me to look it up for you it'll be a few minutes.
>>
>>54436698
>[citation needed]
>Silencer/suppressor: This barrel-mounted accessory reduces the sound and flash of a weapon’s discharge. It cannot be used with revolvers or shotguns.
pg. 432 core

>By all appearances, you're tilting your hand back and shooting fire from your palm
No.
> larger cyberguns fold back the user’s hand at the wrist.
458 core

There's no point debating the finer points of disguise when you don't know basic rules from core.
>>
>>54436747
>larger cyberguns fold back the user’s hand at the wrist.
At which point you're firing from your palm.

>Silencer/suppressor: This barrel-mounted accessory reduces the sound and flash of a weapon’s discharge. It cannot be used with revolvers or shotguns.
That one I was unaware of, however.
>>
>>54436732
Here fucker.

p432 Core.
>>
>>54436747
Homie, if you don't think that you can use sleight of hand to disguise what's going on with literally anything, you don't know what sleight of hand is or how it works.
>>
File: Cybergun.jpg (9KB, 288x209px) Image search: [Google]
Cybergun.jpg
9KB, 288x209px
>>54436763
You really have no idea how big a shotgun is, do you? Or what the idea of a hand folding back so that the barrel is accessible means? I know you're allergic to actually reading the books, but I invite you to go look at some of the many pictures of cyberguns in them to see how it works.
>>
>>54436806
>You really have no idea how big a shotgun is, do you?
I get that you've got a clear mental image of what a cyber-shotgun looks like in use, and the sense that anyone who has any other idea is wrong, but as-described it could very easily just be a matter of leaning the hand back and firing the gun out of the space where wrist meets palm.

To state that it couldn't possibly work that way, despite the written description easily being interpreted that way, is bull-headed, stubborn nonsense.
>>
>>54436788
>if you think that you can't use a minor, situational skill to create literally any visual effect ever, you don't know what it is or how it works
Sleight of hand isn't magic, it's something that you use to create the illusion of small magic tricks in a world where even something small disappearing is considered a magic trick.
In a world where cyberarms are relatively common and next to every go-gang member has some kind of implant weapon, do you really think anyone above the level of "naïve corp heir" would ever mistake the commonly known cybershotgun for the not as well known but usually in media vastly exaggerated magic?
You can play a street samurai who wants to be mistaken for a mage. If you have to exaggerate the usefulness of a niche skill to being able to "disguise what's going on with literally everything" (and you're just using your hands after all, you should be able to explain how you're doing it), though, you're just trying to force through your character's success, exactly like a powergamer who plays an "assassin character" and spergs when someone spots him after he blows up a whole apartment block because "I'm a professional, I can't fail".

Playing a character who wants to do something, who wants to play at something or who wants to look like something is always fun. I've GM'd with a mixture of special-needs kids and normal players for seven years, though, and one of the big marks of a special-needs player is a hysterical obsession with one specific trick, ploy or gimmick, usually based around "playing" at being someone or something else, which needs to succeed every single time with everyone being fooled, or the player starts sounding like an airstrike alarm.

If you really want to make it into a character, you need to think about the hows and whys to turn it into something else than just a persistently spergy-seeming drone at the edge of the other players' hearing.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>54436994
Man, that's not what I said at all. I was saying that anything you're doing can be obscured, in some way, through the use of sleight of hand. Not that you can use sleight of hand to whip up illusions of anything you please.

And 'make it seem like a dragonfire round is you shooting fire out of your palm' is exactly the former, not the quasi-impossible latter.

Seriously, that was the most ass-backwards way to interpret that sentence possible.
>>
>>54436763
>At which point you're firing from your palm.
Appropriate for the smaller cyberguns.

>Depending on the size of the gun, cyberguns take up part of your forearm or replace your arm altogether, with the functional parts of the arm built around the gun.

>Smaller cyberguns fre through a hidden port in the palm or knuckles, while larger cyberguns fold back the user’s hand at the wrist.

>>54436858
If you take an obvious lower cyber arm, that's 10 capacity, and a cyber shotgun takes 10 capacity. You can't fit a cyber shotgun in a synthetic cyber arm at all. There's no impetus for corporate cyberweapon designers to make a cyber shotgun that's less than obvious.

>The other PR stream is broader and subtler. It’s an effort to change public opinion; to make hidden cyberware, particularly offensive systems, socially unacceptable. They are attacking all parts of the cyberware distribution chain, from production to consumer use, trying to convince people that concealed cyber is a social harm.

The way corps are designing cyberweapons, if anything it's going to go in the direction of being more obvious.
>>
>>54437071
And we come back to the same thing.
When everyone but the most pampered corp heir (who watches simflicks like everyone else) has probably seen someone with a cyberarm in real life, when everyone has an exaggerated image of magic they've gotten from simflicks, do you honestly think that it's possible to build a character around the idea of making people mistake two things that they have a clear, media-inspired image of?
It's roughly the same as getting someone to believe in the current day that you're really a magician because you concealed fireworks up your sleeve. You're using the same skills and same fundamental tools, but no matter how good you are, it's not like everyone in the setting is an idiot who will instantly bite on to your insanely narrow gimmick.
How, exactly, too, are you going to use Sleight of Hand (not D&D Prestidigitation, not magic) to make a gunshot from your palm not look like one, not smell like one and not sound like one? It's something you just do with your hands, after all, so everyone can describe it.

I admit I'm mad. It's because I've witnessed this a billion fucking times - someone getting hung up on a stupidly narrow gimmick and making it literally everything their character does or talks about, getting furious when it doesn't work and obviously getting smug pleasure out of seeing NPCs fall for it.

Go stick a Roman candle up your sleeve and try to convince a Wiccan you're using magÿckhe or however they spell it.
>>
What are some of the crazy ways you can use magic? Can you use it to brainwash people or wipe their memories?
>>
>>54437325
>Can you use it to brainwash people or wipe their memories?
Yes.
>>
>>54437365
amazing
>>
>>54436763
>At which point you're firing from your palm.
I'm sorry but you're clearly not understanding what folding your hand back at the wrist is implying.
Imagine you fold a piece of paper back.
Now imagine you fold your hand back.
You most likely can't as it puts your palm pointing upwards from along your arm.
Or am I living under a rock and we call bending your hand back 90 degrees to "fold" it back?

Out of a GM perspective though I could agree to someone being able to shoot out of their palm, but it'd probably be at the loss of some fine manipulation in the hand, and you'd have to actually adjust the hand for shooting.
>>
>>54437829
New thread
>>
>>54437410
It's also a crime in the Sixth World, and that needs to be mentioned.
There are a lot of players like you who get wet at the thought of absolute control, but the thing that separates a good player and an immature sperglord who just wants to play out his god fantasies and get laid with people who look like his high school crush is accepting that there are things in-setting that can hinder, inconvenience and even stop you, and that the game becomes not less but more interesting when your powerful character can shine through effort and luck rather than just winning.

Mental manipulation is public knowledge to the point where it's colored public perceptions of mages in a very negative direction, and if you use it to aid in committing a crime, it's considered to be indelible proof of malice aforethought and usually makes it an aggravated crime, that is one that's punished harder than the baseline crime because it's obvious that disproportionate force was used.

It's not fun for your GM, your fellow players or - in the long run - you yourself to go around and hijack every game by being "the mind-control guy" who brainwashes everyone because he has a self-esteem complex. Powers become the most fun to play when they have limitations, whether self-imposed or integral, and when the powers are connected logically to the character and the setting rather than being "I wanna be a mind-controller".

I get you're probably pretty new, so I'm gonna phrase it simply.
If you just "become the mind-control guy" and throw mind-altering spells around for giggles, the only thing you're doing is using it in a void. Youre not telling a story, you're not making a character, you're just doing the equivalent of pressing a button over and over again to get a semi-random reply.
If you make your character someone with weaknesses, reservations, quirks and strengths who can cooperate with the party, you're set for a long story with someone who feels like a character.
>>
>>54437410
>>54437847
People who start out with wacky concepts seem to feel they're going to star in the next TwoDee's Storytime, but in the end, those characters are shallow, run on one-shot humor, make it next to impossible for the plot to proceed, break other players' immersion, antagonize the GM and will fail on Session 2, and you'll never have accomplished anything more than being hated.
Now, if instead of your super-powerful Mary Sue who goes around and does everything you want when you want it to who you want, you had a character who acted like a real, reasonable person, who you could cooperate with, empathize with and see as a human, you might very well be on the road to your own group's Storytime.
And the best part is that it doesn't require any real skills. I've heard the defense a billion times - "I'm not like a paid novelist, whaddaya want me to do" - and you don't need to be a paid novelist. You need to make up a person who you would work together with, who you could tolerate at most times but could still get mad at - don't be afraid of giving your character flaws, especially not mundane ones, and don't feel like you always have the duty to connect your character to their gimmicks or make their failures and successes "heroic".
TL;DR: Don't make your character a flash in the pan who does nothing but do "cool" things and use his powers in edgy ways in hopes of becoming a legend, because it's roleplaying and character creation that really clinches it. Spare yourself and everyone else a lot of trouble, and focus on the ways your character overcomes their weaknesses or solves the problems they've created for themselves instead of focusing on how they have none.
Thread posts: 340
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.