[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can chads play Dungeons and Dragons and other tabletops? Is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 7.jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
6KB, 275x183px
Can chads play Dungeons and Dragons and other tabletops? Is it possible or is it just a meme that only socially isolated nerds play tabletops? Has Lord of the Rings and Elder Scrolls bridged the gap between nerds and chads?
>>
Fuck that.

I play FANTASY games to escape Chads and normies and their bullshit, not deal with them.
>>
>normies REEE
>>
>>54409934
>Can chads play Dungeons and Dragons and other tabletops?

Who's gonna stop them, you?

Don't make me laugh!
>>
>>54410131
I will add that I'd rather play with a Chad than a woman.
>>
>>54409934

>Skyrim bridging the gap

Skyrim cant even bridge the gap from my asshole to your girlfriends mouth
>>
File: virgin walk.jpg (124KB, 1400x569px) Image search: [Google]
virgin walk.jpg
124KB, 1400x569px
>>54409934
How would Chads behave in table compared with virgins?
I guess they would outmunchkin sorcerers with their badly planned martials and eat all the snacks while bringing none.
>>
>>54409934
Tabletop nerds live vicariously through their fantasy settings.
Chads live vicariously through their fantasy sports leagues.

If you think super bowl parties are anything but a bunch of nerds sitting on a couch, devouring beer and pretzels while yelling at the ref for "railroading" their favorite player, you're mistaken.
>>
File: menace.png (1MB, 816x623px) Image search: [Google]
menace.png
1MB, 816x623px
>>54410578
You have a very narrow conception of chads. "Sports" maybe big for them, but Chads can and do manage respectable, healthy and social lives, and generally balance several responsibilities as mature adults. They don't need to live vicariously through anything because they are in full control of their own lives.

"Chads" who are sportsball addicted and slobs on the side are losers of a different stripe like your average nerd.
>>
I was a starter in my school's Division I athletics program for three years. I got into 40k rpg through /tg/, Dawn of War and video games if we're tracing things back chronologically. Learning the game culture and rhythm of play was easiest for me when taking cues from the 'normies'. In my experience, the hardcore neckbeard types were the worst players by far. They never took things seriously, were inconsistent with staying in character and were too sensitive about in-game setbacks.

What was most bizarre was that even though they got along the least well, they'd also be the most persistent in staying. If a game wasn't working out, other people would bow out and everyone would stay on good terms. Not the case with the hardcore types. They would stay and cause problems until they had to be forced out, every time.
>>
Chads aren't really a thing out of high school OP.
>>
>>54409934
What even is a Chad to you, OP? Because I've met plenty of well-adjusted people who some robots might call Chads.
>>
>>54410802
>Maladjusted people struggle in social settings and make general asses of themselves

Surprise surprise, nerds/neckbeards are actualy terrible people and the manchild moniker actually fits usually. I never understood why these types want or get sympathy, their lives are usually miserable because of their own actions/inactions and general cowardice, NOT circumstance.
>>
Everyone can and lots of different people do play. You robots don't know well adjusted people who play because you never talk with them.

There are nigh infinite different ways to play rpgs and thus there's a equally diverse player base.

>>54410549
To be fair, that gap is huge.
>>
>>54410845
Yeah, kids only stress out about that stuff because they're still settling into the identities of what kind of grownup they want to eventually be. If you're an adult and still look down on people because they play or like sports, then I'm afraid you just never grew up.
>>
>>54409934
Yeah I have a friend who played D&D who is a nerd and a chad. He likes sports, comic books, video games, exercising, eating healthy. Though he's not charming he's is a very attractive man to the point where gay men and attractive women approach him at bars or the beach.
>>
My entire group in highschool were Chads. All of us were in sports, with the nerdiest being me (cross country and track)
>>
>>54410654
I narrowed to "sportChad" due to the football pic in OP.

This guy >>54411891 is the most correct of the thread so far.
>>
>>54410214
Yes because within the first 5 minutes of character creation he'll be bored and leaving to go throw balls at things.
>>
>>54409934
>>>/r9k/
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.