[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Clockwork mechanical dungeon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 4916905_0628_1024x2000.jpg (174KB, 1023x767px) Image search: [Google]
4916905_0628_1024x2000.jpg
174KB, 1023x767px
I'm starting the prep for a the next big dungeon delve, its going to be an abnormal dungeon compared to usual. its going to have the players entering the machine tower!! a tower built by a mad man with corridors that change and floors that can't be accessed.

with that in mind I'm looking here first to see if anyone has beat me to it? by that i mean is there anywhere else i can read about a dungeon full of mechanisms and shit so see what i can do to improve mine. maybe get some ideas for stuff to add in.

tl;dr mechanical dungeon, whats to put in it? who's done it better?
>>
Considering the nature of certain common traps I think most dungeons are at least a little clockwork
>>
>>54407128
So, nobody is in the tower?
Just automatic mechanisms? Maybe automatons?
I would add not-Jawas derailing the tower.
>>
>>54407128
Could be some wheel of time style dungeon, with like a huge clock in the middle with its pointers being bridges across. Also modron guardians etc and Clockwork angels hunting you for messing with time itself
>>
>>54407207
reminds me of ff7 temple of the ancients
>>
>>54407189
add what?
>>
>>54407128
Watch the Castlevania netflix series (its only 4 episodes, 25min each) but it includes a lot of dracula's castle, which has a lot of clockwork innards.

Plus it's a good show.
>>
>>54410058
oh hell yeah i watched that when it came out, yeah there was some broken down clockwork beneath Wallachia. thats a good idea, dont most of the castlevania games include some kind of clockwork areas?
>>
File: clocktower.png (1MB, 5152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
clocktower.png
1MB, 5152x2048px
>>54410286
No, they usually include the exact same clockwork area.

For all Castlevania is a Creature of Chaos, it rarely messes with the Clock Tower.
>>
>>54407128

How about you're inside a gear, that ever so slowly turns. The players only notice when they realize that gravity is shifting in their hallway. What if it becomes a shaft or pit?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.