/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Newbie GM Questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: vaporjunk.png (296KB, 500x417px) Image search: [Google]
vaporjunk.png
296KB, 500x417px
Is it better to prepare descriptions beforehand or to get the general idea in your head and describe it on the fly?
>>
>>54407053
Describe on the fly if you are able. It's much more evocative and you can the cadence much better.
>>
>>54407053
Prep a few major descriptions in advance (Such as cities or other important set pieces, major NPCs), the like, but in general, it's best to play it by ear in order to maintain the momentum and play to the player's expectations.
>>
File: yay_blood_by_slitherbot-da1jl5e.png (1MB, 1000x1100px) Image search: [Google]
yay_blood_by_slitherbot-da1jl5e.png
1MB, 1000x1100px
>>54407053
Newbie GM Question

Can you give me advice on how to find more experts on the system I'm running a game in? In this case Mutants and Masterminds 3e.

I would like help stating up custom monsters and enemies without spoiling them for my players.

Two my players have played and GM'd the system before. They taught me how the system works. They browse /tg/ and the roninarmy forums.

The other 2 players browse /tg/.
>>
>>54407332
>>54407350

That makes total sense. It definitely feels more real to not read off a card and to explain it in the moment. My only fear is that I won't find the words to properly describe the scenario and I'll bumble over my words and panic.
>>
>>54407789
Go to the forums of the company that publishes the game you play. In the case of WOTC, their forums are currently offline, but ENWorld.org is the largest D&D discussion site.

There are also plenty of Facebook and Google+ groups for specific games.
>>
>>54407937
>Mutants and Masterminds 3e
not DnD 3e

Green Ronin makes MnM and they said two of their players browse the forums
>>
>>54407937
Green Ronin makes the Mutants and Masterminds, not WOTC.
Please explain Google+ groups.

My Facebook account got hacked and Facebook support has been as much help as a dead cockroach
>>
>>54407053
I would suggest you prepare the major features and some details of interest for descriptions beforehand if you're not used to making up things on the fly. Having a simplified description helps you get started with it, but you can add to that on the fly always.
>>
>>54407053
things I've found helped a lot whether for improving or for figuring things out in advance was to ask

What does [npc] want?
- x
- y
- z

why do they want x?

how are they considering getting x?

why do they want y?

how are they considering getting y?

why do they want z?

how are they considering getting z?

and filling those in.
>>
>>54407053
have descriptions of locations and of important NPCs an as well as notes about their wants and motivations ready.

that will make winging the other details much easier.

>>54407789
I got nothing.
>>
New GM question

Other than compositing together a satellite images what are good ways to make outdoor maps if you do not draw well?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.