[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your Dudes 40k

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 107

File: csm.jpg (62KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
csm.jpg
62KB, 400x500px
Post Your Dudes™
What are their stories, /tg/?

I'll start with an idea i had floating around, a Slaaneshi warband. Name is still wip, feel free to suggest better ones.

>Ivory Brotherhood

Slaaneshi CSM
They repaint their armour white right before each (major) battle, because they want to be "the canvas for the beauty of battle", meaning they seek to each be a living piece of sinister "art" made of the essence of war: dirt, blood, ash and all the other things on a battlefield.

I'm planning a mixed CSM/Daemon army for this.
Thoughts?
>>
>>54406551
Forgot to add, naturally i would paint them with a lot of battle damage and such.
>>
File: DSC_0034.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0034.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
I had five out of ten SM captains custom built with bits and I was planning on getting the other five for my custom chapter

Then GW released the numarines and my project was blasted to shit
>>
>>54406622
They haven't suddenly stopped selling old style marines anon.
>>
>>54406640

I might continue the project

The thing is I wanted a whole chapter and now numarines are a thing.

And also and most importantly, that I always wanted truescale, and numarines are truescale
>>
>>54406551
that is a really neat warband quirk OP
>>
>>54406551
Anon I just want you to know that is literally the best concept for a Slaaneshi army I've ever heard. Good show.

>>54406805
Numarines can't be beakies, though.
>>
>>54406551

holy fuck OP your warband idea deserves to be canonized
>>
File: 20170511_171108.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170511_171108.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
WIP both fluffwise and expanding the army, but I love my Squat guard. Tentatively named the 144th Azuldrengi. I'm currently making bullgryns, but I'm torn between painting them like huge dorf mutants or like giant animated ancestor statues of green marble.
>>
File: 5451646154818.jpg (526KB, 1250x1848px) Image search: [Google]
5451646154818.jpg
526KB, 1250x1848px
>Galactic Griffin

Tempestus Scion Regiment

Their color scheme is basically Ultramarine blue with gold trim since the color scheme looks good on Scions. Unlike most Tempestus Scion regiments they actively use abhumans in their ranks like rattlings and Ogryns and a Feliend Valkyrie pilot. The regiment Rattlings have recently been able to obtain modification to the Taurox Assault Trucks by replacing the treads with high military grade military wheels. The regiments head Tech Priest was not happy about this at all and refuses to go into one now due to fear of the machine spirit. They specialize in ship boarding and VIP protection since the regiment actively tries to keep civilian casualties to a minimum they are in good graces with the Salamanders.
>>
File: 1124973-slaanesh.jpg (202KB, 663x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1124973-slaanesh.jpg
202KB, 663x1024px
>>54407245
>>54407304
>>54407359
Many thanks guys, means a lot!
>>
Anyone know where to find some blank fill pics for Scions or Admech?
>>
File: ThunderThane.png (470KB, 442x476px) Image search: [Google]
ThunderThane.png
470KB, 442x476px
>>54407374
GIANT
DWARVES
>>
>>54406551
Cool idea anon.

Working on some fluff for my CSM lord that I also use in 30k, no name yet. Centurion from the days of HH in the BL. During the siege of terra manages to kill a custodes (claims single combat, it was not), but breaks his blade in the process. In order to keep fighting, he loots the guardian spear from the now dead custodes. Fast forward to 40k, is a commander under abbadon, controls a planet in the eye, and still uses the guardian spear and has reforged his old blade as a daemon sword. Major gift from the chaos gods is bouts of sanity since all followers of the dark gods are insane, he has brief moments of clarity to realize how fucked everyone/thing is or to act logically. Has a chaos guard regiment that mimics the role of the sola auxilla from back in the HH.

How's it look? Too special snowflake? Really just want the R&H bit in there to connect my R&H army to my CSMs
>>
File: 1401726433865.jpg (222KB, 1151x1481px) Image search: [Google]
1401726433865.jpg
222KB, 1151x1481px
>>54406551
My Dudes are the Crimson Fists 3rd Company.

Their Captain is better at tactics than personal combat, so he rarely takes to the field. Field command usually falls to the company's Chaplain.

They like to shell enemies at range before getting in closer with rhinos or drop pods, with 1st Company Sternguard and 10th Company Scout providing covering fire for the Chaplain's assault squad.

They haven't been reinforced by Primaris marines, and aren't first in line in the Chapter to be reinforced.

After battle, they like to commemorate their victories and the brothers who died in song. Sergeant Avelar is especially talented on the guitar. They also have a fondness for puns and limericks.
>>
File: 1500266116919.png (121KB, 373x336px) Image search: [Google]
1500266116919.png
121KB, 373x336px
>>54406551
>>Ivory Brotherhood
>Slaaneshi CSM
>They repaint their armour white right before each (major) battle, because they want to be "the canvas for the beauty of battle", meaning they seek to each be a living piece of sinister "art" made of the essence of war: dirt, blood, ash and all the other things on a battlefield.
I really, really like that, OP.
>>
File: Cultist sniper.jpg (385KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Cultist sniper.jpg
385KB, 2560x1920px
Here's a cultist I painted a few years ago:
I converted his autogun to a sniper rifle and gave him some extra pouches and binoculars on his back.
>>
File: Cultist sniper.jpg (649KB, 1911x1999px) Image search: [Google]
Cultist sniper.jpg
649KB, 1911x1999px
>>54412397
C'mon... I'm not even uploading from mobile.
>>
File: Cypher.jpg (105KB, 646x778px) Image search: [Google]
Cypher.jpg
105KB, 646x778px
>>54406551
I actually made up the story for my chaos warband to try and best fit my lazy converting of my SM to CSM.

Haven't thought up a name yet but the idea is they're a Dark Angels successor chapter that was caught in a warp storm and through the grace of a plotting Lord of Change were able to survive. However the countless time they spent in the warp left their minds utterly broken leading them to believe that their visions of the Chaos Gods are different parts of the Emperor's spirit trying to guide them. Khorne acting as the Emperor's Fury, Tzeentch as the Emperor's Cunning, etc.

They also think lesser daemons are just a type of abhuman and greater daemons are living saints. Thus they fight any regular Space Marine chapters thinking they're gone renegade.

Not a malicious bunch though, just heavy Quixote influence.
>>
My dude get their asses kicked in every game because iike to play fluffy and always use a demi-company.
>>
File: IW champion 1.jpg (392KB, 2205x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IW champion 1.jpg
392KB, 2205x1836px
>>54412428
I made a champion for my Iron Warriors last year.
I know the IW are supposed to be more shooty but it's my dude so why not.
>>
>>54412453
BA 4 Lyfe
>>
File: 1356836091220.jpg (30KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1356836091220.jpg
30KB, 300x300px
>>54412453
I sometimes setup a bunch of gaunts and have my marines drop-pod in and slaughter them just so i can feel good about my army.
>>
File: escape-from-la-surgeon.jpg (126KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
escape-from-la-surgeon.jpg
126KB, 1280x544px
Current dudes I've been working on is mainly an excuse to force myself to practice some freehand painting.

I have a massive Slaaneshi daemon army, that's pretty much done and fully painted. to compliment it I have a fair bit of CSM units for flavor and I love cultists and the Dinobots.

Soooo... Long story short, I'm currently working on a Slaaneshi Dark Mechanicum army, of which my Keeper is the patron for the Mago's artistic talents. Crafting works of art of Flesh of captives, Machine and warp-things.

Basiclly pic related post daemonic invasion

I'm freehanding all the daemon engines (wish my cam was working) for some simple stuff, mostly lovecraftian-ish beasts and the like on the hulls.

I'm looking forward to using said army in the GW Kandor events.
>>
my dudes primaris

going to paint em as carcharodons, want storytime? the books are in spanish tho
>>
>>54413096
What are you gonna do with the DG units?
>>
File: 438px-Digga.jpg (155KB, 438x599px) Image search: [Google]
438px-Digga.jpg
155KB, 438x599px
I always dreamed of making an Ork themed Space Marine/Ork faction. basically Digga Nob Marines.

Marines have a skin defection that causes them to get green skin.
After years of being missing in Ork space they return leading a small Ork Klan.

The Orks really believe they are actual Ork Nobz because of their size and skin and the marines have adapted to this.
>>
>>54413114

probably put em together and paint em, try to let em for display or play games with friends with the starter set, for quick skirmishes
>>
File: 55234001485ecfdde4b1ef4d8554094e.jpg (589KB, 1017x1293px) Image search: [Google]
55234001485ecfdde4b1ef4d8554094e.jpg
589KB, 1017x1293px
>>54406551
Reposting from Konor thread:

Dominus Èstevan Castilo is leading the 23rd Martian Experimentory Cohort to the Forge World of Konor, in order to support his brothers in the faith, as well as to test the new data network implimented into his army and the variety of technologies enstrusted to him to test.

Accompanying him are a variety of followers, first most of them his Daughter Izabelle Castilo. A Magos in her own right, she is a fanatic believer in the machine cult, rivaling even the Adeptus Sororitas, and had the Electropriests of Ahzermec at her command.

Also joining their retinue is the lone dragoon rider Alpha-23, otherwise known as Sir Roland the Swift. A failed neophyte of the Knightly House of Razorclaw, he was rejected from the Throne Mechanicum, and sent away to serve the omnissiah in another form. Yet, he still bares his prior homes colors. Other characters include the pessimistic Datasmith Kalen Dorvo, the Mad Lady Hellatrix of the Sicarian blade pack and the whimiscal K-ON 324 of the Infiltration clade.

My totall collection, so far, is:
1 Cannoness/Izebelle
1 Primaris Psyker/Psychic Cogitator to Izebelle
1 Datasmith/Kalen Dorvo
1 Sicarian Dragoon/Roland
2 Dominus/Èstevan and his body double
2 Kastellan/w Phosphor guns
3 Onager/w Neutron Laser
3 Kataphron Destroyers
5 Fulgurite Electropriests of the Static Spelucher Order
10 Infiltrators, 5/w Taser and Flechette and 5/w P-Sword and Carbine
10 Rangers
40 Vanguard

Anybody want to know more?
>>
>>54413378
>Èstevan Castilo

Should've named him Armando
>>
>>54413169
that' a blammin'
>>
>>54413400
Eh, Armando sounds too much like Castilo. Plus, Èstevan reminds me of the character from Sweet life of Zack and Cody.
>>
>>54406551
Really want to make a Khornate CSM warband with a blue paint scheme.

Current idea is that they would follow a six-horned, blue-skinned bloodthirster and color themselves in kind. Anyone have ideas for me? Would love some help
>>
>>54413667
>six
sounding pretty slaaneshi there mate
>>
File: Daredevil-Mark-Waid-Paolo-Rivera.jpg (349KB, 1600x809px) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil-Mark-Waid-Paolo-Rivera.jpg
349KB, 1600x809px
So, a group of emps children chaos marines from a particularly dark part of the Warp have become near blind using tech from their suits and evolved Deredevil-like super sonar, good idea or bad idea? I would custom their helmets to be eyeless.
>>
File: patrick question.jpg (83KB, 625x468px) Image search: [Google]
patrick question.jpg
83KB, 625x468px
>>54413849
Wouldn't it make more sense for EC to become deaf?

The idea is cool just kind of weird.
>>
>>54406551
My Quicksilver Strike warband is an Undivided warband of the Black Legion in service to Lord Krastalor the Beneficent, a sorcerous Raptor formerly of the Night Lords. After being shot down mid-battle by his own treacherous brothers for his embrace of daemonmamcy, Krastalor made hasty and desperate daemonic pacts with an unknown entity to knit his broken flesh. Months later he made his was into the Black Legion and with his rapidly-expanding power, quickly killed the old warlord and claimed his throne. Becoming more and more detached from the material realm as his strength grows and his body becomes ever more daemon-like, Krastalor is growing increasingly desperate to worm his way out from the daemon's grip, even though it has yet to demand anything more than simple sacrifice in its honor. Every day the Chaos Lord believes he can feel his soul slipping away little by little, and so leads his warband into the most esoteric and maddening war zones, in the hopes of claiming some piece of arcane lore powerful enough to get back what he thinks he's losing. In a recent raid he clashed with Lord Sekoris of the Thousand Sons, seeking the same bit of magic for his own ends. Krastalor's lightning-fast Raptor cadres wilted beneath the fearless, implacable Scarab Occult, though he stole the tainted mirror both witches sought while over two dozen of his best men were cut down.

Bitter over his losses and feeling more and more like a soulless daemon every passing day, Krastalor declared to his men that they would begin their most ambitious campaign yet - a raid on Sortiarius, on the very Tower of the Cyclops himself.
>>
>>54414124
Reverse Ahriman?
>>
>>54413875
Maybe Night Lords then? I see what you're saying because of Sonic Weapons hurting them right? But we do have direct pulse sound weapons now (LRAD) that are used in the military and by cops, which are basically mute unless you're standing in front of it. So they could use something like that perhaps? All they would feel are the vibrations.

Basically the idea was to take something that's common among some CSM and break it so I could use it in a different way.
>>
>>54414144
If by that you mean so desperate to supposedly save himself he's willing to poke a daemon primarch in the eye, then yes.
>>
File: spacemarine (1).jpg (62KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
spacemarine (1).jpg
62KB, 400x500px
>>54406551
Brothers Ouroborus aka creamsicle marines
Salamanders progeny, or so they say
21st founding
A mutation in their geneseed causes a localised broodmind of sorts, it existed in the the beginning which suggests the original geneseed was tampered with. Older brother marines can expand their reach to speak with their fellow Brothers off planet. They basically never actually talk once they've fully transitioned into brother marines, preferring to speak through their broodmind.
Established to defend a resource rich imperial system from a particular xenos threat.
Their paint scratches off to reveal the stained ceramite underneath which has their true company and squad markings, pic related is the initial coloring
Disappeared around the end of the 41st millennium along with their homeworld and all sentient life in their system, leaving all the planets to be overgrown with the same native flora.
Declared traitorous excommunicate when a sweep of the system revealed the remaining Human corpses were riddled with wounds from boltguns.
Xenos threat in next post, whenever that happens
>>
>>54414199
Night Lords actually fits better I think, with bats using echo location fitting thematically.
>>
Reposting this long ass shit, tl;dr at the bottom.
Iron Hands Successors with an unknown founding, the Knights of the obelisk betrayed the God-emperors light and left the Imperium after calling it a perversion of the Emperors will. The chapter has a minor flaw in it's geneseed causing random marines voices to become booming and easily able to hear over the battlefield, these marines are usually chaplains. A known flaw in the chapter is that it is more akin to a cult then other worshippers of the Emperor, seeing him as an actual god with hundreds of titles each true in their own way, known titles are "He of the stars" "The king of light" and "He beyond". The chapter amazingly has no chapter master to lead them as a known legend is that he went into the warp with ten members of the first company to wage war on chaos itself.
The territory of the chapter is an primitive sector of the Imperium they were guarding, now held by the chapter who guides its inhabitants in a symbiotic relationship since the chapter needs the natives for new marines and those living on the planets need the chapter to stay alive amongst the horrid species on the planet. The chapter makes use of the humans there as Auxiliaries in battle. often entire tribes are led by a single marine. Needing a way to stay alive, the chapter sells its services to those that need them as mercenaries and accept payment in equipment and knowledge of current events of the Imperium. A unit the chapter seems to never have is jumptroopers even though they have been given jumppacks as payment on occasions.
Something the chapter lacks entirely are bikes and flamers as neither of them seem to be wanted by the chapter. A fighting style that is used quite often are bolt pistols and a power weapon since a marine can "Scream praise to he beyond as he shoots and cleaves enemies of the emperor". The chapter is surprisingly over strength as they sometimes grab entire tribes and turn them into marines and scout marines.
(1/2)
>>
>>54413849
>>54413875
If the Warp has dark space in it, the amount of cool daemons you could come up with is rad. Maybe the Warp's dark space is the entire section of it that has the nid's hive mind presence. The metaphysical darkness of the shadow is more then that. A black overwhelming shadow, physical in the warp where exist no sources of light and drown all sorcerous resonance so psykers just hear something like television snow when they're inside it.
>>
File: Obelisk Knight.jpg (44KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
Obelisk Knight.jpg
44KB, 400x500px
>>54414326
As said before the chapter believes that they still serve the Emperors will and have modified some parts of the chapter to fit their beliefs, captains being entirely replaced by chaplains and not having any librarians as Psykers are killed.
Being Iron hand successors they do replace parts of thier bodies with robotics but this is reserved for those of high rank such as chaplains. An "ally" of them is the inquisition who tolerate their presence and employ them secretly. They are currently being dealt with by a regiment of the Imperial Guard but is making little progress.
(2/2)
tl:dr
Iron hands with the faith of Black Templars on crack decide to break from the Imperium.
Your thoughts?
>>
>>54414283
>localised broodmind space marines

Is it snowing in July?
>>
>>54414370
>your thoughts

Was bored after the first sentence, stopped reading
>>
>>54414397
I mean there is a tl:dr
>>
File: TT.jpg (23KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
TT.jpg
23KB, 400x500px
>>54406551
The Topaz Tigers, azure blue base with electric purple secondary and pink tiger-stripes. Basically a modern version of the Star Leopards but without the polka-dots and even more obnoxious. The inclusion of day glow finishing is a possibility if I can get it to work right.
>>
>>54414302
They do but I fucking hate the bat bullshit all over them, if they were Night Lords I would have to include it.
>>
>>54414655

Vallejo has a line of fluorescent paints that glow under blacklight. I have a friend painting up his Dark Eldar like something out of a synthwave cover.
>>
Knights of the Starlight Hawk (WIP, looking for better name)
Fleet based Chapter, Fleet Thunderous, Ship Starstorm

Slightly pale from lack of significant sunlight, with glowing light blue eyes. Able to have kids, & recruit exclusively from family lines of Space marines.

They were Primaris tasked with reconquering or reconnecting with world's gone dark in the Great Scar.

Daemons hounded them from the beginning they had to stop on an uncharted world to repair/resupply. Daemons besieged the world & killed a majority of them. The son of the Chapter Master at the time, leading the Scout company was led by visions of a glowing blue bird & found ruins of a long forgotten civilization, within one building rested a strange Warp artifact in the shape of a huge crystalline hawk. Activation of the artifact allowed for turn of the tide against the daemons, a break in the siege & safety for the fleet. Now they pilot through the Warp seemingly guided by visions of the Hawk, thought to be a sign of the Emperor. The young Scout commander is now the Chapter Master, with the death of his father on the planet. The Chapter renamed itself in tribute to the entity that saved their life.
>>
File: Space Marines 3.jpg (368KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Space Marines 3.jpg
368KB, 768x1024px
>>54414798
Forgot pic
>>
>>54414655
>the star leopards got punked so hard by those harlequins they decided on a "if you can beat'em join'em" heel turn
>>
>>54414739
I'll look into that, thanks. Those tiger stripes are going to be flash as fuck.
>>
File: Scourge-Eagles.jpg (372KB, 2480x1748px) Image search: [Google]
Scourge-Eagles.jpg
372KB, 2480x1748px
Sorry I'm late guys. I came as quickly as I could to produce the anti-magical snowflakes so I can keep triggering one pants-on-head-retarded anon!
>>
File: 5436546.jpg (36KB, 564x479px) Image search: [Google]
5436546.jpg
36KB, 564x479px
The Abyssal Augers. I dislike the name but can't think of anything better. They're an IP successor chapter who siege break, deep strike and surprise attack by digging. Naturally they have terminators with power drills instead of power fists. They also use Centurions unironically but dislike using cyclone missiles and lasers. It's basically all amount bullets and drills for these guys. I got the idea ages ago from pic related.
>>
File: csm.jpg (57KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
csm.jpg
57KB, 400x500px
I was planning to do a Chaos warband of old Sons of Horus and Luna Wolves that left Abaddon after they got tired of failed Black Crusades. They jacked as much Heresy era gear as they could and disappeared somewhere near the Gothic sector. They raid other Black Legion and Sons of Horus warbands for geneseed in the hopes of getting back up to legion strength one day, even having their own equivalent of scouts run as Renegade Marauders from the Renegades list. Their specialty is combat in void or other environments with unbreathable atmosphere, often making temporary bases on a planet's moon, where PDF and normal guard can't assault normally. As well, they have also been known to operate on the outer hulls of enemy ships to sabotage weapons and disable command/communication centers. Due to the risks of it, this is usually given to those newly ascended legionnaires who want to earn their colours, as those ascended from the Neonates get armour that is unpainted, remisicient of the Luna Wolves before they met their primarch. While they don't care much for warp fuckery, and thus use no units like posessed or spawn,they keep a number of sorcerors for their usefulness, and each Cohort has at least one.
Generally they follow a mix of older tactics from the legion days and what they've developed from operating with less resources.
Pic related is a poor example, they're meant to use primarily mkIV armour.
That moment you see how much backstory you have for models you haven't gotten yet.
>>
>>54406551
Dregs Fatalis

Renegade marines comprised of those left to die on the battlefield, rescued POWs, traitors, and volunteers (kidnapped potential recruits). They share no color scheme, only being tied together by a silver arm similar to Deathwatch (might be changed to red). The Dregs are led by an unnamed Chapter Master that is a warmonger cranked up to 11, selling the chapter's services when possible or tending to their own agendas at other times.

Dregs Fatalis functions under the Right of Quarry, an individual or group's target of vengeance. When not working towards a larger goal, the Dregs split into multiple warbands to exact their revenge on who or what they deem wrong in the universe. Many warbands wheel and deal their services to other warbands or unite together to cause chaos in general.

It's very similar to an African mercenary setup: general lawlessness until the boss tells you to do something
>>
>>54414655
Named topaz... no topaz coloring
>>
File: Homebrew Warband - Oppressors 3.jpg (61KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
Homebrew Warband - Oppressors 3.jpg
61KB, 400x500px
Fuck you OP you stole my paint scheme

The Oppressors

>The Oppressors are a large warband of Chaos Space Marines currently active in the Ultima Segmentum. They are dedicated to Chaos Undivided (with individual units within the warband displaying alleigience to one, all, or none of the Ruinous Powers), and are a known ally/vassal warband of the Black Legion, with small elements of the warband confirmed to have been active in support of Black Legion forces during the 13th Black Crusade.

>The Oppressors number roughly ~3000 Chaos Marines and over 500,000 mortal followers (300,000 of which are cannon-fodder fanatics, 100,000 of which are a dedicated combined-arms force known as "The Ironshod," the rest being menials and support staff), and organized into Companies of roughly ~100 Chaos Marines and Battalions of ~500.

>The Oppressors are believed to have been descended from the Iron Cataphracts Chapter, declared destroyed after the invasion of their home world by a tendril of Hive Fleet Behemoth, but gene-seed analysis of fallen Oppressors reveals widely divergent ancestry across all Chapters and Legions, suggesting either the absorption of a wide variety of renegades or the utilization of multiple sources of gene-seed.

>The Oppressors are ruthless slavers and conquerors, and primarily seek large, lightly-defended populations to acquire fresh slaves for their various purposes and easily-conquerable territory to expand their holdings. Every occupation is considered to be permanent, and the Oppressors consolidate their power and establish a brutal system of slave-labor and manufacturing on every world they conquer, with every Chaos Marine having at least a few slaves to his name.

>While most slaves are considered little more than fodder, highly-skilled and/or exceptionally loyal specimens are considered to be highly prized by their Chaos Marine masters, often given privileges denied to the masses.

Cont.
>>
>>54415310
I like how your lore has developed. You're the guy from threads ago trying out names right?
>>
File: spacemarine.jpg (22KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
spacemarine.jpg
22KB, 400x500px
I was actually just in the middle of typing this out for myself. I don't know much about the details of the lore of 40K, but I'm working on some Space Marines and I feel like I'm working out a backstory that I can be proud of. Please feel free to point out if something that I've written here clashes with something that I don't know about.

The Nova Hawks are a chapter of Space Marines that are actually descended from the Thousand Sons legion. Before the Horus Heresy, a deployment of 350 soldiers were dispatched to a remote system for unclear reasons. These soldiers were then placed in stasis from the 30th millennium until the 41st, when they were discovered and awoken by the Raven Guard chapter. The Raven Guard then donated 200 of their men and a surplus of weapons and modernized armor to help the newly-named Nova Hawks form a chapter, though they still have room to grow.

The Nova Hawks’ mission is to free their brothers in the Thousand Sons from their servitude to Tzeentch, and are willing to give up their own lives if they can free even one soul from damnation. Original marines from the Thousand Sons legion may still prefer to wear their now-antiquated power armor, and their Librarians are quietly regarded as some of the most comprehensively studied psykers in the entire Imperium. Nova Hawks marines are completely untouched by the gods of Chaos, and are endlessly loyal to the Emperor.Nova Hawks are essentially a Raven Guard successor chapter for all gameplay purposes. The link to the Thousand Sons legion is ultimately for story. I’m also interested in Mark III and Thousand Sons marines from Forge World, which is a big inspiration for this idea. I also want to play on the idea that Tzeentch isn’t actually “evil” but just needs to create chaos, and that the events that lead to this chapter’s creation may have a deeper meaning in Tzeentch’s greater plans.
>>
File: 34543253245.jpg (49KB, 715x715px) Image search: [Google]
34543253245.jpg
49KB, 715x715px
>>54415593
...They're colorblind. A geneseed fault developed from all the neon flora on their homeworld.
>>
>>54415662
Thanks anon. The group started as a straight edge Lamentor's successor chapter but morphed into renegades as the primary goal slowly became having a lack of chapter colors.

With that in place, it allows me to paint many color schemes and decorate each marine as I see fit, so the "good guy focusing on forward scouting" motiff slowly became "ragtag group of mercenaries with personal agendas." The name was the Adjudicators until the shifted to being renegade
>>
File: The Vigil.png (1MB, 2484x1736px) Image search: [Google]
The Vigil.png
1MB, 2484x1736px
I still need to flesh them them out a bit more but this is the general idea

Perdition's Vigil are an exorcists successor chapter from the 23rd founding.
Founded to guard against a warp rift that periodically opens and spews hordes of demons out.
They maintain very strong ties both to their parent chapter and the inquisition and while the bulk of the chapter tends to focus of defending against the rift it's not unusual for an inquisitor to requisition their assistance.
>>
File: Gypaetus Astra.png.jpg (20KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
Gypaetus Astra.png.jpg
20KB, 400x500px
They were once known as the Vermilion Wings Chapter. One of the 23rd Founding. The High Lords of Terra found one area of space on the Eastern Fringe to be unprotected, within the Oshim system, and under constant threat of being invaded by the Greenskins. A petition had been signed, and the creation was underway. A training cadre was created from the Red Wings Chapter, and Mars had forged them a number of ships, arms and armor to begin with. The Brother-Captain Saon, formerly of the Red Wings, was put in charge of this cadre while a larger force of Red Wings space marines led the fight into the Oshim system. Within they had discovered that the Orks were terrorizing the Imperial planets in the sector. The entire system was in chaos. From the Battle Barge Angel’s Flame, Saon sent his cadre to several worlds, alongside the large force of Red Wings space marines who had come in with their own small fleet, retaking the worlds from the Orks. The final battle against the Orks was upon the planet Callisto, where Saon did battle with the Ork warboss. The warboss was defeated within a massive desert valley in the largest battle of the campaign. Callisto, and the Oshim system had been conquered. Saon was named the first Chapter Master.
>>
This is probably the best place to ask.

What's it like to be autistic?
>>
File: Lieutenant.jpg (383KB, 851x877px) Image search: [Google]
Lieutenant.jpg
383KB, 851x877px
>>54415821
the only model I've got painted so far. Being a slow painter is suffering.
>>
>>54415632
>The wealth and power of an Oppressor is not necessarily in his skill at arms, but in the amount of wargear, slaves, and territory he owns. This has lead to a complex internal economy within the warband and the emergence of actual trade systems within worlds they conquer.

>Any world they conquer is immediately divided up into fiefdoms, and each Marine above the rank of Line Marine granted at least some domain over which to exploit. The entire economy and infrastructure of the world is then turned to the manufacture of their weapons, armor, and other war materiel, and the population reduced to little more than slaves overseen by Marine taskmasters.

>Tactically, the Oppressors use conventional mortal forces to absorb the brunt of an assault, then use smaller units of Chosen, Havocs, Raptors, and Armored Fists to punch through weak points and butcher the foe. Mortal forces are heavily focused on massed infantry, tanks, and artillery units, with the Oppressors free to specialize as they see fit. Marine "Taskmaster" units will oversee mortal operations in critical junctures and command squads, ensuring their will is enacted without question or hesitation, as well as bolstering their ranks with additional firepower.

>Favored weapons are power mauls, Flamer weapons, bolt weapons, chain axes, and Autocannons. Chain iconography and human bones are extremely common motifs, with the white armor of the Oppressors glazed in a film of ritually-prepared powdered human bone before every battle. It is also common for Marines to wrap their forearms and skulls in razor-wire.

>Preferred enemies are other humans, but they have a special, personal hatred of Arbites and the Inquistion. They have also recently plundered the minor Tau world of Vi'Sun, and have uncharacteristically put its large Gue'Vesa population to the sword while taking minimal slaves.

They are pretty cool. Just got started on them, and I'm currently trying to figure out how t do bone-white.
>>
File: blood angels.jpg (448KB, 972x1313px) Image search: [Google]
blood angels.jpg
448KB, 972x1313px
>>54415838
The system’s local Techpriests began construction on the new Fortress Monastery on Callisto. Whilst the Fortress Monastery was being built, the newly formed Vermilion Wings used the Angel’s Flame as a base of operations.

After a Puritan Inquisitor had discovered that the Astartes on Callisto were engaging in cannibalistic rituals they had deemed heretical after investigating the disappearance of several Imperial nobles and governors, along with an Inquisitor, they stormed the Feudal World en-masse with a full detachment of Tempestus Scions and Astra Militarum. After several days of fighting, the Marines made a final retreat from their home, leaving its fate to the Inquisition. The barbarian and medieval inhabitants that made up the Planetary Defense Forces who fought the Inquisitorial forces using guerrilla tactics were made into a penal legion, sent out to various fronts across the galaxy. The Chapter then took on the name Void Vultures.

Now renegades, they ran from the Imperium that they fought for, losing many along the way. They hid within the fleet of a rogue trader of the Everec Dynasty.

They have since reclaimed their homeworld after aiding Baal during the Tyranid incursion after participating in a decades-long crusade fighting the Tyranids and other xenos.

They have a hypersensitive Omophagea organ. This, mixed with the Red Thirst, makes them bloodthirsty killing machines on the battlefield.
>>
File: SCOUTS.jpg (133KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
SCOUTS.jpg
133KB, 1080x720px
>>54415876

They will stop at nothing to get as close to the enemy as possible, and rip their hearts out and, if possible, devour it in front of their enemy. After a battle is done, they will build a camp and cook their enemies, then dine upon their flesh. Usually this is done in secret. This flaw appeared not long after they were created. Even in the earliest days of the Oshim campaign, the newly-made marines were found tearing off their helmets and ripping into grots after a victory and devouring them raw, along with eating anything that died, civilians, battle-brothers, and enemies. This was first thought to have been just the Red Thirst, but Sanguinary Priests of the chapter have discovered otherwise. Within months they had learned to control themselves to an extent. Regardless, whereas the Blood Angels are noble warriors, the Void Vultures are vicious, barbaric monsters in comparison.
>>
File: catacombs.jpg (128KB, 1086x718px) Image search: [Google]
catacombs.jpg
128KB, 1086x718px
>>54415887

They have embraced the fact that, even though that Astartes are by far much longer than the average human citizen, the vast majority of them die in battle. Due to their curse, they all expect to die in battle one day, and sometimes entire forces are wiped out if only to hold the line to the last man. But they pay love and respect for their fallen. Once a battle is finished, they collect their dead, and lay them out in rows, and then devour their flesh. This horrific act will give them the memories of those who have passed on, and will sometimes rarely give them a brief glimpse at the memories of Sanguinius due to their hyper-sensitive Omophagea organ. The only ones allowed to eat the body of a fallen brother are those within his own squad.

Before the body is consumed, a servitor sucks out the blood of the marine through a giant needle. This blood is put within the Pool of Remembrance. The Pool of Remembrance is a vast underwater lake within the Angel's Flame full of the blood of every dead battle brother, it is unknown what keeps the blood warm. When an initiate is first taken aboard, they must take a ritual bath for some time within the Pool, so that they may become one with their brothers before entering the chapter in-full.

Once a battle is over, and their own dead are separated from the enemy's dead, they cook and consume the flesh of their enemies in a great ritualistic feast. If a battle-brother is caught devouring a Chaos warrior, he is brought to a chaplain, who will put him out of his insane misery.

They will also transport the bones of the fallen back to the Angel's Flame, where they would be put within the Fortress Monastery to decorate the corridors lined with bones.
>>
>>54415844
The breif moments of self awareness are often horrifying.
>>
>>54415844
>What's it like to be autistic?
Obsequious
>>
>>54415696
What is the reason that the Raven Guard gave up 2 companies worth of marines and precious gear to bolster and strengthen space marines from one of the traitor legions?
>>
>>54415845
Thin your paints - those metal highlights on the (R) leg are a little chunky.

Also, needs some weathering/dark washes - looks too clean for 2 centuries of war.
>>
File: 1446419532231.gif (92KB, 450x500px) Image search: [Google]
1446419532231.gif
92KB, 450x500px
>>54415845
>>54415821
He looks ready to rip and tear.
>>
File: Knights of the Starlight Hawk.jpg (368KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Knights of the Starlight Hawk.jpg
368KB, 768x1024px
>>54414798
>>54414813
Well I've fucked up again, this is the current pic. Last pic was from an earlier

BTW, what do you guys think of these guys? Are they horrible?
>>
>>54416214
I haven't entirely worked this out, I only had the idea around noon today. I was thinking they'd have given up mostly scouts and tactical squad marines to help modernize the chapter and bring them up to speed on the current state of everything in exchange for something else down the line/some other forfeit, or maybe there was something that would have been important pre-heresy that the Nova Hawks would have been involved in. Maybe 200 is too generous, now that I think about it.

Part of it could also be for those soldiers to maintain contact with RG to make sure these marines don't go to chaos, eyes on the inside etc. Maybe only 100 soldiers? Enough that if there's an internal issue with Chaos, they can do something. I mostly wanted them there in order to give a reason that the chapter plays like RG.
>>
>>54413096
>primer
>black
>gold
>nuln oil

That's some hard mode shit right there, I'm actually interested if it can be done and not look plain.
>>
>>54416429
Well it's not likely for a chapter to give up marines to bolster another, especially not to marines from one of the OG traitor legions. You could have them being found a bit sooner by the Raven Guard who was then tasked with monitoring them in case of sudden daemon explosion. The RG could have been training new recruits for the now chapter to make sure they would be loyal. As for the gear, if they were found to be pure, or at least declared a chapter they could be at least partially equipped by the administratum.
>>
>>54416429

All you had to do was make them a RG successor and this shit would have been totally standard operating procedure, instead you had to be a fucking snowflake.
>>
>>54416521
Fair points. I like the "being monitored by RG" angle, I just need to think more about how that fits together. Like I said, I don't know too much about the details of the lore, I'm much more of a painter and player and I'm trying to get deeper on this part of the game. Thanks for your insight, Anon.
>>
>>54416586
I will take your comments on board.
>>
>>54416598
No prob, that's a fun part of this hobby. Thinking of neat back stories and inserting them into the lore. Keep on it, it's a neat start.
>>
File: 1477881543047.gif (693KB, 339x279px) Image search: [Google]
1477881543047.gif
693KB, 339x279px
>>54416336
>BTW, what do you guys think of these guys? Are they horrible?
With that paint scheme, I will be fucking astonished if you paint enough to field in a regular game.

>The son of the Chapter Master at the time, leading the Scout company
>The young Scout commander is now the Chapter Master, with the death of his father
So the Chapter Master had sex with a mortal woman and her son managed to be in the 0.0001% of people qualified to become a Space Marine, AND went through Scout, Devastator, Assault, Tactical, and Sergeant roles to become a Captain
OR
your Chapter is not Codex-compliant when it comes to rank progression
OR
your Chapter Master was keen on nepotism, which will likely lead to brothers defecting to Chaos (especially the First Captain)
OR
you think Space Marines breed true and that Chapters function on patrilineal inheritance.

>was led by visions of a glowing blue bird
Why did they not assume it was a daemon? Not saying they had to assume that (although blue and birds are both things Tzeentch likes), but why would they not? What made them trust it?

>found ruins of a long forgotten civilization, within one building rested a strange Warp artifact in the shape of a huge crystalline hawk. Activation of the artifact
WOW the Mechanicus and the Inquisition have some questions for your boys!

So not HORRIBLE, but you could seriously stand a few polishing passes to make it fit the setting.
>>
>>54416639
Thank you! I've been a DM for DnD for about 10 years, a lot of the fun and immersion for me is in exploring the setting and seeing how what I'm writing fits into it.
>>
My CSM warband is a pirate warband made up of exiled/last surviving lords, sorcerers and their retinues from different legions/chapters.
I liked the idea of uneasy alliances and power struggles between the retinues. It also helps excuse that I couldn't decide on a favorite paint scheme or legion.
>>
>>54416978
You need a Lord with a red officer's coat with a hook hand and a sweet mustache
>>
>>54416670
Not Codex compliment
Space Marines mate with normal humans. Since Space Marines used to be exceptional people before transformation it stands to reason that their kids have a greater than normal chance to be exceptional
The Chapter Master title is inherited, so yeah, he skipped ranks. But it helped that he saved everyone from death.
Nepotism does run pretty rampant.
While yes the Marines did wonder about Chaos & some do still wonder, the Hawk saving them did a lot to give them assurance.

Yeah, the Inquisition would probably think them a full on Chaos Cult.

The only hard part of the paint job I feel like is gonna be the Aquila & the heraldry on the shoulder. Each family has its own heraldry so if I get tired or find something too hard I can change or make something simpler
>>
File: 1468382495612.jpg (50KB, 500x626px) Image search: [Google]
1468382495612.jpg
50KB, 500x626px
>>54417290
Good luck, then.
>>
>>54413378
>Cannoness

On the one hand I appreciate your attempts to make your random SoB unit in your army fluffy.

On the other, makes me curious if there are any orders dedicated to the Cult Mechanicum. It is a form of emperor worship after all
>>
>>54414370
One thing
>worship the emperor
>pyskers are killed

This was dumb with the BT too. The Emperor was a pysker. Very publicly one.
>>
File: awoo dread 1.jpg (87KB, 564x782px) Image search: [Google]
awoo dread 1.jpg
87KB, 564x782px
Last Bastions.

space marines successors of the ultramarines are sent to assist mechanicus search teams on the outer rim of the milky way. during this time the discover a world with nothing but ancient ruins and no trace of life. in these man made ruins they come upon a device, the mechanicus upon finding this device starts prodding it like mechanicus do. they release a disease that eats away at muscle tissue all of the expedition was affected. marines begin deteriorating losing muscle mass and slowly dieing. when a cure is found most marines left alive are broken shriveled bodies, with near no muscle. the marines were interred into dreadnoughts not a single dread going unused. the mechanicus decided with all these new subjects they could make even more god machines and so gave recovered dreads from traitor or destroyed chapters.

chapter is now almost all dreads aside from a few marines who love their big daddy dreads so much that they repaint clean and add new artistic designs on the dreads. after this the chapter was obsessed with appearance and made sure all their dreads and armor had the most gleaming armor before battle. the chapter master is a dreadnought and is always seen at the front of his brother dreadnoughts charge his armor a canvas of the surfs best arts. the dreadnoughts look like carved pillars of brilliant marble come to life to smash the foes of the emperor. as far as this primarius marine stuff goes they welcome new warriors but are hesitant to rely on anyone's counsel aside from the chapter master dread and their dreadnought brothers
>>
>>54417637
You know how the Emperor needs Psykers to stay alive? I was aiming for that since they would probably just take it at face value and go "Psykers=More Emperor
>>
>>54414798
>>54416336
>>54417290

>recruit exclusively from family lines of Space marines.

There have been experiments with this actually and family lines of Space Marines do not produce more readily compatible. It just doesn't work like that. It's not a matter of genetics

Space Marines are also canonically sterile, in one form or another. I suppose it doesn't matter as long as their babies are popping out as completly normal human, but it is known.

Why the fuck do people try to make their Your Dudes the fluffiest and snowiest of the Snowflakes? Why the fuck can't they just come up with an interesting colorscheme, hook, and story? Why the FUCK does everyone write like they're fucking eight years old and are designing Strong Blackheart the strong mcbad defender of the imperium who totally breaks all the rules and he's a blank but also a super strong pysker and and and

WHY. THE. FUCK.
>>
>>54417684
So not so much they hate pyskers, just think they ALL should be fed to the Emperor
>>
>>54417650
Dreadnought supply does not work like that try again
>>
File: Dread a best6.jpg (99KB, 541x531px) Image search: [Google]
Dread a best6.jpg
99KB, 541x531px
>>54417745
oh? and how do they work?
>>
>>54417728
Yeah essentially. They are the deep south priests in a secluded villages tier of fanatics.
>>
File: IMG_5256.png (3MB, 996x1412px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5256.png
3MB, 996x1412px
>>54406551
My Dark Eldar force is made up of the Red Suns Kabal and the Cult of the Screaming Star. The Archon of the Kabal and patron of the Cult, Trueno Apex, loves races of all kinds and requires constant entertainment, despite Commorragh falling into blood soaked anarchy. Most of their real-space raids are actually stages of their races, seeking slaves and flesh for more time on the clock.
Theme of the army: https://youtu.be/atuFSv2bLa8
>>
>>54417759
You can't just fucking magic Dreads out of fucking farts and wishful thinking, and the Admech doesn't just fucking sit on supplies of them.

Rather than MOST of the chapter being in dreads why not just the company commanders? 10 Dreads is a lot for a chapter as is.
>>
>>54417759
Nobody knows how to make dreads anymore.
>>
File: cLz2Zp.gif (3MB, 680x382px) Image search: [Google]
cLz2Zp.gif
3MB, 680x382px
>>54415844
>>
>>54417940
>>54417973
so the what about destroyed chapters do the supplies just get thrown away? I know they can't make dreads wich sucks. so 10 dreads is all they can spare? alright so could the chapter be very small then only having 100 marines and 10 dreads?
>>
>>54418127
If a chapter is destroyed, what makes you think it's Dreadnoughts are left laying around?

When a Space Marine dies, they die IN COMBAT.

Why would you want your chapter to be so small? Thats literally just a Company in strength. Whats your fucking obsession here? Just look up the Iron Hands
>>
Anyone have any good ideas for a space marine or chaos warband/renegade) chapter? every time I think I came up with something unique I find out someone already has used it
>>
File: OddsOfThatGetsHotIsACoinToss.jpg (417KB, 2072x694px) Image search: [Google]
OddsOfThatGetsHotIsACoinToss.jpg
417KB, 2072x694px
Mine is kinda nebulous, I mainly went with colors I wanted and kinda flip flopped with my ideas.
I toyed with scions of Malice, kind of as a spin off from Sons of Malice but I didn't like the quartered armor. Ultramarine successor chapter excommunicated due to their ritualistic acts of cannibalism being considered Heretical (big surprise)
Split off from the main force of the Sons, the Scions remained more loyal to the Imperium and, fueled by a need to redeem themselves. This small warband committed itself to hit and run tactics against the forces of chaos outlying the eye of terror. Since they started so small they employ an "All is one" mentality, protecting their battle brothers to the best of their abilities- acting in tandem with each other. To increase numbers, they stole traitor geneseed, which led to corruption in most of the chapter that was largely ignored- Much of the band seeing the use of chaos against chaos as a means to an end and they couldn't be picky with their resources. This corruption will likely lead to self-destruction down the line but they're either blind or apathetic to it (haven't decided)

If anyone wants to help me make more sense of this clusterfuck of an idea, I'd be happy to listen. The warband is essentially: uses chaos to fight chaos and has been corrupted in turn, but still attempts acts in the Imperium's interests regardless of excommunication.
>>
>>54418263
Quite frankly I don't think we see enough rogue chapters who don't want to rape kittens and sacrifice babies to the dark gods, just think the Imperium is hot shit and want to carve out their own piece of the pie.
>>
File: Dread a best3.jpg (61KB, 441x656px) Image search: [Google]
Dread a best3.jpg
61KB, 441x656px
>>54418161
I just want a space marine chapter with mostly dreadnoughts not many marines just a extremely dreadnought heavy chapter..... as someone who mostly plays xenos and heretics I don't know to much about the imperium. this is my first loyal army so if you could help me make a dreadnought heavy chapter id thank you
>>
File: 1497904963629.jpg (304KB, 1111x1111px) Image search: [Google]
1497904963629.jpg
304KB, 1111x1111px
>>54406551
Here are my marine dudes, planning on starting the chapter with some Primaris Marines;
The Defenders of Ciorte
Descendent from the Ultramarines 4th company The Defenders of Ciorte are tasked to guard a Ringworld called Ciorte out in the edge of the Ghoul Stars. What the Imperium and the Adeptus Mechanicus doesn't know is that the Ringworld itself is Necron in origin, and that aincent DAoT humans just modified it to support human habitation. Meanwhile there are 4 minor Necron dynasties that are fighting a shadow war against each other about who has the rightful claim on the aincent ringworld.

Pic related is the only marine I own and painted so far. I have plans on changing the colour pattern to have a 50/50 split instead of the pattern I have now
>>
Reposting from last thread with some refinements
>Who are they
Red Wardens
>who do they love
They have close ties to the inquisition and imperial navy due to the nature of their mission and their affinity with space combat
>who do they hate
The cyclopean congegration, a gathering of rogue navigators in the hadex anomaly that use the anomaly in place of the astronomicon
>where are they from
They're a fleet based chapter founded to protect the Hadex Anomaly, with a large space station in the jericho Reach as a fortress monastery because it's too risky to build one on a planet next to a warp rift prone to expanding and shrinking
>what makes them them
they specialize in boarding actions in space and have a penchant for land speeders and air support in an aggressive combined arms attack on enemy positions when on the ground. As such, they have a high number of speeders modified for both combat and transport roles
>who are they based on
Culturally they have a heavy kingdom of israel influence due to the fact that they recruit from a pious world in the same system as their monastery that largely follows a version of the imperial cult that's essentially judaism. From a combat perspective they operate off of the helicopter borne infantry concept of Vietnam.
>>
>>54417712
My dudes, aren't sterile, recruit their own kids & they follow a strange Warp entity that seems to be helping them out, occasionally granting visions/guidence to marines, that's not much from standard dudes. Not a single rule was broken. The lore doesn't really say one way or another if marines can have kids or not. They are Salamander successors which are said to be close to thier families in the lore. I just took it one step further.

They aren't lolz powerful, they aren't Lost Legion, they aren't lolz better at x than the Chapter known for x. They aren't a loyalist successor of a Traitor Legion, or a Space Wolves successor. Other than their recruitment & having kids, they are entirely Codex Compliant.

Interesting colorscheme- check
Hook- check
Story... WIP granted.

So what's got you freaking out so much?
>>
File: 20170720_012254.jpg (1008KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170720_012254.jpg
1008KB, 2560x1536px
>>54410108
Thank you anon, that picture tipped the vote (I love that game btw, been a while). Giant dwarfs it is.
>>
File: csm.jpg (51KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
csm.jpg
51KB, 400x500px
>The Inevitable
Chaos Warband that worships Nurgle in his aspect of despair and death, rather than disease and decay. A collection of castoffs and nihilists, it is believed they were originally a splinter of the Death Guard who survived the Heresy. The Inevitable are grim and dour warriors who believe there is ultimately no purpose or meaning to life. Chaos will forever torment humanity, and only in the oblivion of true death are mortal souls free. Their only aim is to extinguish as many lives as possible, and yearn for the day they themselves may too die. But a sense of duty leftover from their ancient days as Space Marines pervades their warband, and they feel life is something they must endure so they can end it for others.

Despite paying homage to Nurgle (they acknowledge him as the lord of death and ends) they do not particularly enjoy his gifts, rather endure them with stoic depression. This makes them favorite butts of his jokes, and they are the endlessly suffering straight men to the jolly gods jibes. They prefer to kill as quickly and efficiently as possible, but will utilize pestilent weapons if they have a high contagion and lethality, so they begrudgingly tolerate Plague bearers and sorcerers among them.

They tend to slog in battle, grinding down their enemies, making sure to execute every living thing they encounter. As a result they are not particularly QUICK about their manuevers (as they must literally stop and kill every civilian population they come across) nor are they good to employ if you wish to capture slaves. Taking captives is only tolerated in the short term if it serves a greater cause of death, or for sacrifices.

>Battlecry
Rather than shouted, they morbidly chant 'Ex Nihil, Erga Nihil" as they march into battle
>>
File: Eagles of Liberty 3.jpg (415KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Eagles of Liberty 3.jpg
415KB, 768x1024px
I feel like this thread is missing something...

It's missing Liberty!

>>54415022
Hello my fellow Eagles. I see we fly together again, filling anons with autistic fury
>>
>>54418592
>my dudes aren't sterile
Space Marines are sterile
>they recruit their own kids
Blood relatives of Space Marines are no more likely to be compatible than anyone else. They send their children to die in droves. Dozens of young aspirants will die, either in the tests to be chosen, or in the surgeries when their bodies reject a space marines organs.
>>
File: Dread a best2.jpg (57KB, 564x621px) Image search: [Google]
Dread a best2.jpg
57KB, 564x621px
someone help me think of a fluffy reason for my chapter to be mostly dreads it will be a small chapter >>54417650
>>
>>54418767
>>54418350
Adhoc chapter formed from the remnants of multiple other chapters destroyed in a crusade or pursuant to some goal. Shared gene-seed lineage and culture (they're Ultramarines) makes this easier.

Keep the flesh eating plague idea - because of it, the veterans interred in dreadnoughts or those who could be interred in dreadnoughts were the ones who survived. When the decimated chapters decided to combine their strength, they elected to make their chapter leadership a council of the Dreadnoughts.

Because their organization is still somewhat ad-hoc and they haven't stopped to recuperate (can't stop crusading), their chapter is relatively small, being only half strength (5 companies) at most.

Also has a relatively high number of surviving Techmarines due to, again, less flesh to decay.
>>
>>54406551
Sons of Baal

To tired to go into detail but
>Be cult mechanicus
>take the Lamenters gene-seed its not like they're using it
>Use it to make some regular Blood Angel recruits
>Don't tell anyone cause its funny
>try to cover up all proceeding friendly fire causalities
>Finally tell High Lords what you did
>Tell them they have had no marines fall to black rage
>they should be made own chapter and sent on a crusade in eight skirmish size vessels
>So they can constantly be aiding in a fight against some kind of enemy
>Just in case they do decide to start falling to black rage
>Blood Angels are glad to be rid of them
>Chapter feels like Sanguinius's bastards
>>
>>54418743
Can you show me something from the lore that says as much?

Even so, I can still decide that mine can. Because besides that & the idea of a Warp entity totem spirit that's the only thing different about my marines, & Salamanders. That's why their my dudes.

How about you share your dudes? I'd love to read about yours
>>
>>54418843
PS: It's fortunate you chose Ultramarines, they're the only ones with enough successors kicking around to make this idea work. Also the Ultramar Systems are currently under siege by a major Nurglite incursion (Mortarion and the Deathguard are invading), which provides the flesh eating plague and a conflict large enough to nearly wipe out 2 or 3 chapters
>>
>>54418767
You found a warehouse of them in Cawl's basement on Mars

You jacked fallen ones from old battlefields from other chapters

They were donated from other chapters

Some poor AdAdmin clerk moved a decimal point on your requisition order

I personally like the first & last options
>>
File: Dread a best4.jpg (262KB, 902x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Dread a best4.jpg
262KB, 902x1152px
>>54418843
>>54418914
I really like the idea of 2 broken chapter coming together pooling what they had and renaming themselves and creating their own culture thanks anon

>>54418963
>You jacked fallen ones from old battlefields from other chapters

ill try to put that in
>>
>>54419004
also council of dreads sounds awsome
>>
File: IMG_2465.jpg (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2465.jpg
45KB, 600x600px
>>54419016
The dreaded council
>>
>>54419004
>You jacked fallen ones from old battlefields from other chapters
Different anon. I really like this. Adds a little tension between yourself and other Chapters, as they'd much rather you gave them their dreads back, of course.

"What? No, no! This is Ancient Teneb, who became a Dreadnought six centuries ago. Any resemblance to the chasis you're missing is a coincidence!"
>>
I really want to paint forge world Moirae survivors, but I don't know appropriate colors.
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Moirae
I guess I could always just get inventive and claim they changed their colors in remembrance. Any tips?
>>
>>54419046
>inscriptions on the chassis
>Demetrius
>Avarentus
>Guillisantius
>Caesarius
>Teneb
>>
>>54419046
I also like this kek the chapter will have to be fanatical about dreads then. like they see them as works of art or majesty that must be collected and maintained to lose any is a sin
>>
Ultramarine Successor chapter, the Blood Skulls.
Wearing red Armor with with silver Trim, they are a relatively new chapter.
Lately they lost a bunch of men im a warp storm, resulting in them being reduced to eight companies until they can be restored to full strength. They use few librarians and specialise in very direct, aggressive tactics.
They have no idea, why the Inquisition is monitoring them so closely.
>>
>>54406622

Holy shit, are you telling me you built F I V E marines?! HOLY F UCK!!! SUCH DEDICATION!!!
>>
>>54419093
>Ultramarine Successor
>BLOOD Skulls
>RED armor
>AGGRESSIVE

Yeah sure buddy
>>
>>54419093
BLOOD FOR THE CHAPTER MASTER! SKULLS FOR THE FORTRESS MONASTERY!
>>
>>54419066
Have it concealed and then write on the cover of it.
>>
File: Dreadnought00.jpg (334KB, 1065x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Dreadnought00.jpg
334KB, 1065x1024px
>>54419123
we just paint over that desu I find the space wolf venerable kit sexy af. maybe we found one and well the chapter master liked it
>>
>>54419120
I see, someone understands. I am looking to put more references in them as I go. Oh boy I sure hope these guys dont trip and fall. Gotta take greight care.
>>
File: get out of my fucking face.jpg (345KB, 1130x787px) Image search: [Google]
get out of my fucking face.jpg
345KB, 1130x787px
Necron Dynasty that is a client dynasty of the Sautekh and pays large tithes of warriors to supplicate Imotekh.

A rule around this is any dynasty can keep a single reclaimation legion that is left intact thanks to ancient law about exploration.

So my bitter, impotent overlord sends his army to areas extremely outside Sautekh borders and focuses on busy work to retain his marshal authority.

His current plan is to try to rebuild a pylon system halfway across the galaxy, but keeps getting sabotaged by Orks looting and Space Wolf fanatics.

Allies include a cult of Mechanicus led by a mad Arch Magos who (after studying the incident on Mars) sees Necrons as the Apotheosis from flesh and a radical Ordo Hereticus Inquistor whose hate for the warp and the witch lead him to use Necron tech and Nulls to burn them out.

Biggest weakness is manpower and the vast tracks of space they must try to enforce so they rely heavily on Canoptek and tomb defenses very often. A Cryptekh is even trying to entrall Flayed Ones into a unit I call the enchained (converted ghost ark warriors) as they need all the power they can get and most other Necrons overlook or destroy them on sight.

>tldr WE WILL BUILD A WALL, AND MAKE CHAOS PAY FOR IT!!
>>
File: 20170703_180738.jpg (831KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170703_180738.jpg
831KB, 2560x1440px
Eadzog'z elitez
A bloodaxe warband dedicated to taktix an stratargy and basically acting like a caricature of imperial guard. They'll happily work for or against imperial forces in exchange for parts to keep their looted weapons and vehicles running.
>>
so a chapter gets 10 dreads? or
>>
>>54419335
A incredibly lucky chapter gets 10 dreads. Hell having one is lucky enough.
>>
File: phaerakh medethea necron.jpg (437KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
phaerakh medethea necron.jpg
437KB, 1280x800px
House Gotrekh of the once-noble Necrontyr. A minor dynasty on the outskirts of the empire, Gotrekh had little involvement in the War in Heaven. As the Silent King's offense faltered against the Old ones, the Gotrekh Dynasty was gifted with a miracle- the Phaeron's youngest daughter was born without any of the Necrontyr's genetic defects, a perfect specimen of health. This unprecedented event led to a renewal of hope in this corner of the empire, putting faith in their new scion's genes even if the magic of the Old Ones was out of their reach.

Needless to say, things changed after the Great Sleep. The hope of their people had been lost, and the miracle daughter was the only member of the royal family to awaken successfully. She declared the Necrons a lost cause, but still wished to be a savoir- thus, she dedicated the dynasty to protecting promising life-forms from the ravages of the galaxy, that someone else might attain their genetic destiny even if the Necrontyr never could.

Full fluff here:
https://pastebin.com/TfbQ0ipG

>>54419261
Nice to see some more spooks!
>>
>>54419393
so if 3 chapters each having 5 joined as one after losing much of their force would they have 15
>>
>>54419449
Well yeah but three chapters merging into one seems unlikely.
>>
>>54419427
Nice

My Dynasty hates the Silent King and considers him the greatest evil visited upon their race because he even if he didn't know we would lose our souls he still thought to enslave us all.
However they still respect the role of the Triarch and wish a return to the system of 3 (Its called TRI arch for shits sake).
>>
>>54419491
well going of the lore I was posting.they all get fucked up by a flesh eating virus released by the mechanicus fleet they were a part of. then the remnants of each chapter come together as they all aren't able to fight anymore alone so now they put the crippled survivors in the dreads they have. as well as looting dreads from other bigger chapters who leave them behind this kinda pisses other chapters off but we need um k
>>
>>54419556
also not many immune space marines made it so the number of marines is very low
>>
>>54419556
Sounds good but most marines whose chapters die join the deathwatch as Blackshields.
>>
File: tumblr_og1l8iOwVS1ummjd5o1_400.jpg (67KB, 310x478px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_og1l8iOwVS1ummjd5o1_400.jpg
67KB, 310x478px
>>54419574
ehh well these guys created a new chapter after they joined together which. also means they have more tech marines to support the dreads. the dreads in the chapter are scene as the most holy of relics and they clean spiffy and add new paint and prettiness to the chassis for the dreads often. in battle the appear as marble statues of artistic design come to life. the marines get a little obsessed with the arts and love nothing more than dressing up their dreads
>>
File: IndexAstartes_StarWardensUpdate.jpg (121KB, 851x493px) Image search: [Google]
IndexAstartes_StarWardensUpdate.jpg
121KB, 851x493px
>The Star Wardens
Successors of the Eagle Warriors chapter, the Star Wardens are based out of a blasted desert planet known as Delamar, a former agri-world that was scorched with nuclear fallout from an exploding space hulk caught in its atmosphere. The Wardens take their aspirants from the wayward youths attached to the various militia groups armed to protect their distant settlements from roving packs of mutants, and have adopted the natives equestrian traditions into their chapter make-up, favoring fast vehicles and lightning strike tactics. They also practice heavy training with bolter drills and thus favor personal firearms - the Sternguard of the First Company are sometimes known as "the Gunslingers". They've taken to helping shepherd Imperial vessels in exploring, conquering, and settling new areas of space, even allying with some explorator fleets and a Rogue Trader dynasty or two.

tldr; space cowboys
>>
>>54419689
Ignorantfag here: did you adopt an existing chapter and flesh them out, or did Your Dudes get onto a wiki?
>>
>>54417973
>Nobody knows how to make dreads anymore.
Wrong.
>Not knowing about the Sons of Medusa

>As befits a scion Chapter of the Iron Hands, the level of technology and weaponry used by the Sons of Medusa Chapter is higher than the Imperial average, even among the usually well-equipped Astartes, and their Armoury is particularly extensive and diverse. The Chapter's Forge Ships are known to be able to salvage, repair and produce a wide variety of Adeptus Astartes wargear. This range of technology is thought to include the extremely rare capability to construct new Dreadnought chassis and build some of the rarer Land Raider variants such as the Land Raider Prometheus.
>>
>>54419840
Think it's a photoshop bruv
>>
>>54418127
>>54418161
>So what about destroyed chapters do the supplies just get thrown away?
Based Sons of Medusa strike again.
>Over the following centuries, the Sons of Medusa have earned a reputation for standing against the Emperor's foes, no matter how desperate the odds, winning for themselves the grudging respect, if not the trust, of their fellow Space Marines. Yet their reputation has been long-marred by those that would call the Sons of Medusa battlefield scavengers and carrion crows. During their lean years in exile, the Chapter developed the habit of seeking out and appropriating weapons and technology from the fallen. It is said of the Chapter by their detractors that the desire to take wargear from the dead remains an underlying motive of all their actions, and a principal reason they have never shunned combat against those Space Marine Chapters who have turned Renegade or become subject to censure by the High Lords of Terra.
>>
>>54419981
I'm not an SoMfag, but that part really rubs my balls the wrong way, since the Minotaurs do the same shit, yet they don't even NEED the gear. They already are rich and loaded with the best shit possible, and they STILL attack other chapters and scavenge.
>>
>>54419962
So a single chapter can make Dreadnoughts. Wow.
>>
>>54419840
>>54419964
Yeah, I basically just shopped an image in the style of Lexicanum for my Index on the B&C forums
>>
>>54420043

Well, normally it's done by the Mechanicus rather than the marines themselves.
>>
File: Dark_Mechanicus_Icon.jpg (14KB, 250x290px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Mechanicus_Icon.jpg
14KB, 250x290px
>>54418263
>Anyone have any good ideas for a space marine or chaos warband/renegade) chapter?

Some chaos marines that personally do the bidding for the Dark Mechanicus, more machine then man or daemon. That is, until the daemons infused into their cybernetics come out to play. Special rules would perhaps be a sort of machine rage, if they lose too many of their forces in battle the corrupted machine spirits within their tech say "fuck this, we'll do it ourselves" and take over giving what's left of them on the battlefield some buffs. Naturally this also means that these marines have serious dis-associative identity disorder, all the time.
>>
>>54419041
Shit, are they French?
>>
>>54420046
I love this concept. I just wish the color scheme was a bit more fleshed out.
>>
>>54420001
Look at tit this way, would you rather the Sons of Medusa steal your shit or the Minotaurs. Personally, the SoM seem like they're just a bunch of cool pragmatic dudes, not dicks like the Minos.
>>
File: IMG_20170717_001627.jpg (149KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170717_001627.jpg
149KB, 800x600px
>>54420087
Yeah, I've had a bugbear of a time with that. Nothing really seemed to quite click of what I came up with on my own. So I ended up taking a scheme from an existing chapter, (Astral Claws) and dulled the silver to gunmetal grey, which I thought fit well with the cowboy thing. Not everybody agrees though, and after having done a test mini with that scheme, I'm kind of having second thoughts.
>>
File: 1456788149069.jpg (217KB, 996x610px) Image search: [Google]
1456788149069.jpg
217KB, 996x610px
>>54418963
>no "you ripped out its previous still-living pilot"
>AND THREW IT ON THE GROUND

Small time.
>>
>>54416293
>looks too clean for 2 centuries of war.

You know they probably have high standards of gear maintenance, right ?
>>
>>54420120
Well the good news is he probably wasn't still living for much longer.
>>
>>54420043
Yes, they don't have to ask permission from Mars for requisition, that's a big fucking deal. And if I was really feelin' it, I would have mentioned Aurora Chapter, who are just about the only ones that put other successors like the SoM or Mentors to shame when it comes to bullshit tech they can pull out of their ass.
>The Aurora Chapter has always been known as the undisputed masters of armoured assault. They boast more Land Raiders and Predators than many other Space Marine Chapters. Ever since their creation, in the Second Founding, they have preferred massed spearheads led by heavily armoured main battle tanks, earning them renown throughout the Ultima Segmentum. The Aurora Chapter's homeworld, Firestorm, harbours vast industrial complexes, which together are large enough to rival the manufacturing output of SEVERAL Adeptus Mechanicus Forge Worlds. Countless millions of indentured menials work the munitorums night and day to feed the mighty guns of the Aurora Chapter's tank companies, ensuring that their weapons need never fall silent.
You want a tank? Any tank? Suck some Aurora dick and you'll get it.
>>
File: windyideas.png (99KB, 1534x1080px) Image search: [Google]
windyideas.png
99KB, 1534x1080px
I'm trying to come up with a primaris chapter to build a second army for my necrons to fight. I want them to be wind/sailing/aquatic themed and still can't figure out a name. Njordir <somethings> or Stribog <somethings> , Wind Mantles, Emp's Gale? I dunno, but leaning towards this for color.
I want it to look like Cobra (GIJoe) blues for main armor pattern. Open to suggestions for trim colors, red looks like cobra ripoff which may or may not be cool. Also the usual gold liveries I was thinking of doing brass or silver instead.
>>
File: StormShikari.png (926KB, 1240x874px) Image search: [Google]
StormShikari.png
926KB, 1240x874px
>>54415022
>>54418714
Well shit boys, sorry I'm late to the party.
>>
>>54420106
The only advice I can give you is to watch a load of star trek and cowboy films until colors hit you in the face.
>>
File: Hagfish_front.jpg (1MB, 1402x997px) Image search: [Google]
Hagfish_front.jpg
1MB, 1402x997px
>>54418263
Ocean-based chaos marines? Bio-luminescence? Their heads are replaced gradually by oceanic daemons that look like hagfish? So basically just a mouth with rows of teeth and buckets of oozing slime? Their sorcerers worship Slaanesh to boot so happy tentacles aplenty?

So basically, Chaos Space Marines + The gross ass fucking monsters from Resident Evil: Revelations?

Their Daemon prince could look like the Scagdead boss in Chaos armor.
>>
File: Scagdead concept.jpg (189KB, 515x561px) Image search: [Google]
Scagdead concept.jpg
189KB, 515x561px
>>54420283
Bonus points for Bloodborne style creepy sea snail shit all over the the poor souls living on their chaos cult ocean homeworld.
>>
>>54420221
Still, I'm just not sure what would help "flesh it out", y'know? That just seems too vague. Is there something that can be done with it as is or should I just scrap it and start over again?
>>
>>54420356
That's a Resident Evil monster. Why does everything have to about fucking Soulsborne these days?
>>
>>54406551
The statues of Messing (not their original name) are ultramarines successors that shortly after their creation were beaten into the fringes of the imperiums reach. Having already lost most of their soldiers they got closer and closer to the great rift in fear of the death guard. The warp fuckery coming from the rift aged the armor of these soldiers and wearing away all the markings of their chapter. They had no more options. So they approached the adeptus mechanicus of the forge world of messing and told them that they were successors of the Iron Hands and needed their resources to restore their numbers. The ad mech of forge world messing, dealing with their own problems, ignored the suspicious origins of the space marines and gave them a home on the forgeworld. So they live in harmony in defense of the forces of chaos which asssault them.
>>
>>54418263
Alright, a chaos space marine chapter focused ENTIRELY on bling. They aren't happy unless they're decked the fuck out, they're so shallow and so arrogant that unless they're the best looking most chrome-fantastic motherfuckers on the battlefield, they may not even fight. You have to be up to their standards for them to fight you and even then they have to reconcile the fact that their shit might get damaged in the battle. They're SO vain and SO conceited that they even go at length to resist daemonic taint unless they can get it to look nice because it might ruin their aesthetic.

Based entirely on this smiling motherfucker I just found on google.
>>
>>54420404
Were you not paying attention? that's the Scagdead, mentioned in the post above that one.
>>
>>54418263
I had an idea for a nontraditional Emperor's Children Warband.

The Bastard Children

For a Legion that prided itself on its perfection, even some of the most blackhearted of the Traitor Legion could not help but find Fulgrim's dramatic descent into madness appalling.

Willingly swearing themselves to the Warmaster's cause, and spilling the blood of their Loyalist brethren upon Istvaan, the Bastard Children nevertheless found themselves increasingly out of place in a rapidly changing Legion. Their deployments were now a far cry from the precise and prepared campaigns of old, often done for the sake of "sport" on part of their commanders or mere spectacle rather than any greater strategic goal. Gone was the precision and martial discipline of old, forsaken for the sake of luxuriating in the enemy's agony as quickly as possible. Most disturbing of all, viable warriors were being executed almost for the sake of whimsy.

For many of the Bastard Children, it seemed that Fulgrim was now actively both his Legion and his Legionnaires. Using the structures of the old Warrior Lodges, a conspiracy was put forth to set right the course of the Emperor's Children. They would restore the Third Legion's prestige among the other Traitor Legions, who know scorned them as nothing more then a collective of perverted marauders.

Taking the lessons of Istvaan to heart, they settled on Betrayal and Patricide as their means to secure their Legion's rebirth.

It is perhaps a sick sort of irony that the Bastard Children, self-appointed guardian's of their Legion's purity, embarked on a course that perhaps even the most twisted worshipers of Slaanesh among them were not yet willing to countenance: the murder of their own Gene Father.
>>
>>54420579
Their attempt on Fulgrim's life was, of course, a failure. The tortures visited upon the leaders of the conspiracy were legend, and sustained for an incredible amount of time due to the quality of the Legion's Apothecarion. Those who were not immediately within Fulgrim's grasp simply deserted en mass, a few of the Legion's vessels simply deserting without explanation, and jettisoning into the void the bodies of their brothers who felt more loyalty to their Primarch over the ideals of their Legion. To their great surprise, no hunters followed their trail, to bring these twice-over traitors to task. Presumably, Fulgrim had found himself occupied with more interesting diversions.

Striking off their old Legion symbols, these Blackshields acted as vultures upon the Heresy's largest battlefields, gathering up the geneseed of the fallen without regard to their original Legion. Perhaps, some among them envisioned a time when they could build their strength to a sufficient degree, a Legion unto itself, theirs to shape as they saw fit. With the death of Horus, and the bitter battles of the Scouring, they instead found themselves harried into the Eye of Terror.
>>
File: Chaos-Space-Marine.jpg (189KB, 600x393px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos-Space-Marine.jpg
189KB, 600x393px
>>54420590
The Bastard Children, as they now call themselves, have embraced Chaos Undivided and made alliances with lesser Daemons and cults, rather than give themselves over to the loving embrace of Slaanesh. They are uniquely reviled by many other Emperor's Children warbands, not only for their attempted patricide of Fulgrim but also their tendency to 'salvage' smaller and weaker warbands. Descending upon their former brothers after their strength has already been spent in battle, treacherously ambushing them in the midst of their revelries and victory feasts, the Bastard Children leave nothing but a burning pyre and bodies stripped of progenoids. They are also noted to harry and ambush companies of Loyalist Astartes, paying no heed to their original progenitors: compared to their former Legion who bathed themselves in the Warp, the Loyalists are now of purer stock. Even warbands not aligned to Slaanesh may also find themselves as targets for the Bastard Children as well. After all, there would be no point in preserving martial perfection if it remains unexercised.
>>
>>54420579
Ugh, quick typo here, but one part should read

>it seemed that Fulgrim was now actively undermining both his own Legion and his Legionnaires
>>
>>54420579
I always wanted to do something with chaos and a crystal motif, like instead of tentacles or horns bursting our of their armor, they could have crystal shards ripping out of them
>>
Blood Ravens Battle Company, though I haven't quite decided which company yet. They're post DoWIII/13th Black Crusade as opposed to my first one which was on Kronus.

Captain Immanuel Locke served with distinction as a Sergeant of the First Company during the Kronus campaign, though he also earned a reputation of refusing to budge on his beliefs when he privately challenged Captain Thule's decision to attack the 1st Kronus Liberators. Years later, when Locke rebuked the offer from Diomedes to join Kyras' inner-circle, citing a disdain for Chapter politics, he was sent by the Blood Ravens to join the Deathwatch. There he would either die, or be unable to act against Kyras' plans. There Locke absorbed as much knowledge as he could, demonstrating a keen willingness to learn from and adapt other Chapter's skills in fighting Xenos. There he would also become allied with the Inquisitor Edmund Rourke and his former master Antonin Beccaria.

Eventually he would return to the Blood Ravens and assumed Company Command as the Chapter recovered from the Acheron campaign. Within the Chapter, he has brought a great amount of knowledge from his fighting with the Deathwatch, and recently has been leading his company in support of Lord-Commander Guilliman's Logos Historica Verita.

While Locke agrees Gabriel's purge was much needed, he quietly feels that the Chapter Master went too far in his efforts and changed many of the Chapter's tradtions. Likewise, while the Chapter Master knows Captain Locke is loyal to his chapter, he quietly ponders if he is also secretly reporting information to the Inquisition.

This is still pretty WIP, so feel free to tell me how terrible it is.
>>
File: 1500540432034.jpg (77KB, 501x669px) Image search: [Google]
1500540432034.jpg
77KB, 501x669px
The T'au sept of Pa'Laa was settled during the last years of the 2nd sphere expansion. The purpose of the sept was to expand the T'au's influence in the area and to serve as a staging post for future expansions.
The sept homeworld itself, Pa'Laa is a bleak and mountainous world with shallow oceans, valleys, tall mountains and basic life forms in the form of fungus and grass. The fauna on the planet is also in a simple primordial state with a species of slug as its most evolved creature.

The T'au hailing from the Pa'Laa sept are said to be formidable runners and navigators on the field, due to their training conditions on their homeworld. And the sept also follows the Kauyon tactics very often as the commanders prefer to be as prepared as they can be.

The main tactics deployed by the Pa'Laa sept is to deploy infantry that covers the ground with battle suits and hammerheads covering the infantry with heavier weapons. The Pa'Laa sept also uses their alien axuilleries in order to further support the advancing infantry; Kroot often scout ahead along with pathfinders while Vespids use their lightning reflexes to damage the enemy before the fire warriors take their aim.

The colour of the sept is a dark blue, with red details and bright orange sept/rank markings

It's mostly a work in progress, but that's pretty much everything noteworthy about my sept, unless you guys want to know about my characters. The Picture is my ethereal that also shows of my sept's colour scheme somewhat
>>
File: 45643564356.jpg (276KB, 1275x1754px) Image search: [Google]
45643564356.jpg
276KB, 1275x1754px
>>54418263
Perturabo is such a massive autist that even ten thousand years later some of his own Iron Warrior marines have said fuck it and abandoned him to do their own shit. Not only have they stolen some of his best lego pieces, but out of spite they've named themselves the Daemons of Dorn. Their warcry and the warcry of their daemon host is as follows "Perturabo, Perturabo, put fist in flaming ass, Perturabo, lord Fulgrim grant us victory, Perturabo!"

Their colors are smoked gunmetal with fire and maybe purple highlights, their cursed chapter icon is a purple Imperial Fists insignia encircled with fire.
>>
File: LRes.png (169KB, 366x476px) Image search: [Google]
LRes.png
169KB, 366x476px
The Lanterns Resplendent.

Marine chapter devoted to going into the Warp to try and find lost ships and bring them back to normal space, or purge them eternal. Naturally they have really good Apothecaries. They wear robes like Dark Angels and have a variant of the ritual the Exorcists successor chapter uses to test potential marines against the horrors of the Warp to ensure they are protected.

Their chapter insignia is a humble candle lit flame in a Gothic stye candle holder. They sometimes team up with other chapters like the Mortifactors to retrieve and sanctify the battle dead when their own chapters cannot. White and bonemeal with red, and black ash robes, because they always end up burning the shit out of those they cannot save.

Chapter relic is a flux lantern from the Imperial palace that stayed lit all throughout the Heresy regardless of damage to Holy Terra's power girds.
>>
>>54420179
Aawww.. fuck... i was going to post my jokish Rovaniemarine chapter stuff here.. but this is way too similar.
>>
File: 435345345.jpg (99KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
435345345.jpg
99KB, 900x506px
>>54420502
40k Glitter Boys? Do they get off on watching the colors of laserfire?
>>
>>54418263
>people always come up with my ideas first
>so why don't you guys give me a new idea?
>>
>>54406551
Abyssal Skulls

23rd Founding, Late M37

Founded from Ultramarine Gene-seed due to a Strategic Prognostication - “Doom of the Abyss”
Self Proclaimed Wardens of the Abyss region.
Fleet based Chapter centred on flag ship The Liopleurodon
Recruitment from conflict and Imperial worlds in the Grail Abyss.

Codex Compliant Chapter Structure

Large Chapter Fleet.
Chapter Cult influenced by Divination.
Significant Librarious Conclave oversight.
Pre-Founding relic and pre-Heresy wargear recovered from the Abyss region.

Chapter Livery

Codex compliant with solid dark green armour and white jawless skull Chapter Symbol.
Squad and personal identification minimal or absent.
Honour markings and decorations in silver.

Mission

Founded to combat the “Doom of the Abyss” in late M37. An Inquisitorial Conclave called for a Founding to seek out and destroy an unknown enemy/doom to the extreme Northern region of the galaxy represented by a jawless skull. The Chapter took the symbol of this doom for their Chapter Livery and still seek out this prognosticated foe millennia later.

Occasionally work with Rogue Trader fleets, the Inquisition and Imperial Navy missions to bring the Pax Imperialis to the edge of Imperial space and beyond into the ill-famed Grail Abyss and to further explore the region.

Battle Cry

"Dictum - Factum" (“What is said is done")
>>
File: Malal-symbol.gif (6KB, 143x200px) Image search: [Google]
Malal-symbol.gif
6KB, 143x200px
>>54418263
>>54422466
A Malal splinter CSM chapter that uses sorcery to transcendentally steal new ideas before Tzeentch can get a hold of them, this doesn't wipe them from existence, it just makes the captured new ideas his old ideas he's already thought of and passed on.
>>
>>54410948
I would say it's too snowflake, for my tastes at least. Custodes can beat anything bar a Primarch in single combat, it seems Mary Sue-ish.
>>
>>54422620
Wasn't he making the point that while his dude claims he bested him in Single Combat, he very much didn't
>>
File: 64356345.jpg (67KB, 507x610px) Image search: [Google]
64356345.jpg
67KB, 507x610px
>>54422642
I really want to make a sect of Khorne Chaos Knights that love challenging loyalists, Eldar and Orks to mecha duels. Not Tau though, not after last time, yeeesh.
>>
>>54410948
>>54422620
Personally i say you should play up the fact that the guy played a very minor role killing the Custode or was not involved at all and found the spear during or long after the battle and completely made up the story; hell he may not have even been on Terra at all.
>>
>>54418714
>>54420179

Greetings Battle Brothers! Let's make some nerds cry...
>>
>>54422772
The Eagles of Liberty won't be able to, America is always free.
>>54422695
They need to do the glove slap, unironically.
>>
>>54422695
What happened last time they had a mecha duel with the commie weebs?
>>
>>54422945
They cheat.
>>
>>54422523
best fluff layout
>>
>>54406551
>Slaaneshi CSM
They repaint their armour white right before each (major) battle, because they want to be "the canvas for the beauty of battle", meaning they seek to each be a living piece of sinister "art" made of the essence of war: dirt, blood, ash and all the other things on a battlefield.

Glistening Host, is that you?

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Glistening_Host
>>
>>54422945
Motherfuckers have no honour! When a chaos knight slaps you in the face with his mailed fist, you best bring your honour A game because that shit is serious. The Spoons don't understand the intricate layers of Khorne.
>>
File: Iron_Knights_Scheme2.jpg (23KB, 250x354px) Image search: [Google]
Iron_Knights_Scheme2.jpg
23KB, 250x354px
Remnants of the Iron Knight's 3rd Company. Canonically the Chapter lost a chunk of its men to Chaos and is now on a penitent crusade to hunt them down. Lots of Chaplains, Sternguard Vets, Dreadnoughts and Termies on the tabletop as they've not been allowed to recruit more marines so those that remain are some tough old bastards. Need to actually paint more models, barely got one squad done.
>>
File: beakie.jpg (139KB, 533x688px) Image search: [Google]
beakie.jpg
139KB, 533x688px
>>54407304
beakies are in fact the superior muhrines
>>
File: 1467265967010.png (87KB, 235x243px) Image search: [Google]
1467265967010.png
87KB, 235x243px
>>54416336
that color scheme tho..... definitely not my taste
>>
File: saber-face.png (1MB, 955x1063px) Image search: [Google]
saber-face.png
1MB, 955x1063px
what are the chances of me getting yelling at if i paint my numarines in the Astral Knights scheme?
>>
File: f8a4acd3604e9bc9.jpg (20KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
f8a4acd3604e9bc9.jpg
20KB, 480x480px
>>54418714
>>
File: Scions of CalthV4.png (2MB, 1296x1644px) Image search: [Google]
Scions of CalthV4.png
2MB, 1296x1644px
The Scions of Calth are an Ultramarines successor chapter formed with veterans of the Calth conflict. Their chapter symbol represents their Ultramarine heritage and the scorching sun burning the five planets of the Veridia system. Due to their origins they have an undying hatred of the Word Bearers (that I also collect) and a marine that slays one may paint his right fist blue.

That's essentially all the fluff I feel that they need but concerning the colour scheme I might redo the chapter symbol and make the eyes red. If I expand on the test model then they'll be fourth company.
>>
>>54423822
>swords swords swords swords, don'tcha know swords are a big deal?
>imma use axes tho
>>
>>54423896
maybe they needed fire wood
>>
>>54406551
thats awesome op, somehow the name doesnt fit their motives tho
>>
>>54423877
i like the cut of your gib.
>>
File: ForgottenBattleBrother.png (31KB, 201x281px) Image search: [Google]
ForgottenBattleBrother.png
31KB, 201x281px
mine are the "Forgotten"
their homeworld is on a wind swept desert planet devoid of life
their shoulder pad markings have been worn away by time and they have no clue who their progenitor chapter is
they lack a lot of technology and operate outside of the imperiums sphere of influence so they have to reuse old equipment and have a higher number of neophytes than any other chapter, so much so that actual space marines are highly regarded in terms of command
they also use a lot of armor

i would love to do this army and have beaten up rhinos with canvas tarps across their hull and shit like that
>>
>>54415593
topaz can be blue.

idiot.
>>
>>54423772
True.
>>
>>54423181
I honestly had no idea that these existed

>>54424065
Yeah i know, it's not finalised. Feel free to contribute, friend
>>
>>54419041
You know the rules
>>
File: Incursor.png (31KB, 201x281px) Image search: [Google]
Incursor.png
31KB, 201x281px
Heres my "dudes". Called the incursors, havent decided what chapter theyll pool from, and wanted to focus on fast attack and being highly mobile. operator i guess, but im not too sure... planet that houses the monastary is called cullisar, dont know where it is on the map tho. a bit far fetched but i thought they could be a search and retrieve kind of chapter that finds out of commision equipment vehicles, relics etc.. similair to how the revenwing hunt down the fallen. i like that idea so i can justify fielding older mks of power armor in my army etc.
>>
>>54425652
>fast attack and being highly mobile.
sounds pretty White Scars
>>
File: Space Marines Squad III.jpg (1MB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
Space Marines Squad III.jpg
1MB, 1224x1632px
Hello lads, just painted my first ever Space Marines (I started this hobby in 1996!) they don't have any fluff or anything, any Marine chapter be down for using flecktarn camo? Wasn't even thinking stealth focused Marines just a very pragmatic chapter leader that will take any advantage to win wars.

Thinking tactical markings on the shoulder pads will be squad markings I-X and they have a company number on the backpack.
>>
>>54426493
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Raptors_(Chapter)
I think these guys might be what you're looking for
>>
>>54426562
>http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Raptors_(Chapter)

Actually the guys I had picked out, didn't know if there was any more suitable but I'll roll with them I think.
>>
File: Marine dicks don't work.jpg (57KB, 272x579px) Image search: [Google]
Marine dicks don't work.jpg
57KB, 272x579px
>>54417290
>Space Marines mate with normal humans.
Sorry buddy.
>>
File: IMG_20170331_035806303~2.jpg (855KB, 2464x2114px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170331_035806303~2.jpg
855KB, 2464x2114px
My dudes little backstory. 1/2

The Mikutrekh Dynasty hail from a strip of stars near modern Tau Empire space.
Following the 3rd Sphere Expansion their crown world and its 4 nearby tomb worlds were colonized by the Tau who had no knowledge of the ancient beings beneath their feet.
At the climax of the Imperium's Damocles Gulf Crusade when the gulf was set ablaze by the Imperium to deny the Tau territory and isolate their latest colonies, the settled Tau were cut off from the empire proper, and the roiling energy burning in the void finally triggered the ancient defense protocols of the dynasty's crown world.

The ruling nobility awoke to find younger races had claimed the surface of their worlds and post haste started to dredge their long buried structures tothe surface to announce their presence to the Tau intruders.
The dynasty's phaeron personally delivered his declaration of ownership to the ruling ethereal, as well as his intentions to reclaim all his worlds, regardless of who were living on them and requested the Tau leave their planets immediately, giving them 2 orbital cycles (1.5 terran years) to vacate the systems claimed by the dynasty.

The ethereal, lacking the resources to fight for the planet against a superior force, and no safe systems to travel to told the phaeron this was impossible.
In response the phaeron offered a second option. The Tau could stay snd cohabitate with the Necrons, so long as the Tau provided their forces as auxiliaries to the dynasty's soldiers as required. With no other viable options the ethereal accepted. With that settled the dynasty's nobles set out to reawaken the remaining planets in the system as well as locating and reawakening their planets in the adjacent systems.

Following a visit from a retinue of Triarch Praetorians the Mikutrekh Dynasty have begun fortifications and superweapon construction to prepare for the coming of the Tyranids.
>>
File: IMG_20160907_172914204~2.jpg (495KB, 2039x1338px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160907_172914204~2.jpg
495KB, 2039x1338px
>>54427730
2/2

The Mikutrekh Dynasty use an abundance of Canoptek constructs and artillery in battle to preserve their soldiers numbers, as the phaeron intends to eventually see all his subjects returned to the flesh. The use of artillery also provides a flamboyant show of Necron might, and helps convince the lesser races to surrender faster and prevent long drawn out military campaigns of which the nobility find wasteful and the loss of life distasteful.

They attempt diplomacy were possible and routinely offer to allow the lesser races to fight under them as vassals similarly to the Tau colony that assists their war effort.

They detest Chaos and those that worship it, showing no respite for the ruinous powers' minions, and with tyranids they will go out of their way to eradicate a hive-fleet tendril to prevent the great devourer from getting a head start.
>>
>>54422642
>>54422769
Thanks for the input, will revise. Maybe something like walked in with ~100 marines against 5 custodes, only person to walk out. Stole weapon to serve as a false proof of the deed. Mostly started the concept after realizing I had a spare guardian spear and wanted to give it to a CSM lord as more of a terror inducing weapon than anything else.

>>54422620
Said he claims it was 1v1, but that it was not so. False bravado seems important for chaos, it fits the crunch I've had since 5th too well.
>>
Last bastions anon returns

the chapter was chapters who fought with the mechanicus instead of one. they pool their resources and reformed to a new chapter with a count of 15 dreads. they also scavenge downed dreads from other chapters. (this pisses people off for the most part and the chapter gets bad rep for being scavengers). the chapter prises appearance and art and see the dread as a pinnacle of mechanised artwork(since most of their dudes are in dreads from the plague) their inner council is all dreads and the chapter master is intered in a venerable dreadnought (id like to convert it to have a big ass sword)

my old lore>>54417650
>>
>>54430669
first line is fucked was supposed to say

>the chapter was 3 chapters
>>
>>54426793
Cool. Thanks for that

Now see>>54418903
So I have a variety of options here. Either mine were never conditioned or gelded, or they are compelled to have kids before transformation, or their seed is donated, or their genes are donated before modification, their are a ton of ways I could still fluff it. It still results in families. The kids are conditioned at a young age to succeed the Astartes trials. Image how awesome a lineage of Olympic athletes would be. Ancestors that were all above average. Genetics would suggest that their kids would be above average & have a higher success rate than normal. Sure several of their kids fail but not all.
>>
>>54414798
Pure shit
>>
>>54413096
Quimera?
>>
>>54413378
>Èstevan Castilo
There is no ` in the spanish language. Also, Castilo doesn't mean anything, you were probably looking for Castillo.

Fucking americans honestly I hate all of you.
>>
>>54430669
A pure white marble statue colored Dreadnought would be sexy as fuck. Idk how it would be painted to have the right texture & color flecking but it would be really sexy.

You could probably add a few more dreads if they are the neway Primaris model as well. Just say Big G gifted your chapter a few. He basically did that all throughout his crusade
>>
>>54431877

"Spanish" should be capitalized. "Americans" should be capitalized. The phrase "fucking Americans" should be followed by a comma. Fucking foreigners, I hate all of you.
>>
>>54431877
We love you though, & we shall protect you from Chaos & Xenos til the Emperor's light is no more

>>54423788

Our colors never run, we choose these colors because we do not hide, we do not want to. We shall destroy the safe places of our enemies with the clarion call of the Eagle, & the red, white & blue Las beams of Freedom.
>>
>>54427773
What colors did you use for the nubs on the right hand side & back? I'm looking for something similar
>>
File: IMG_0862.jpg (119KB, 617x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0862.jpg
119KB, 617x960px
Star Phantoms

Because I like painting white, and Badab War was one of the best events in the history of 40k gaming.
>>
>>54406622
Five? Where did you find the time?
>>
File: Bumblebee dread.jpg (46KB, 564x504px) Image search: [Google]
Bumblebee dread.jpg
46KB, 564x504px
>>54432007
yeah might do that I like the new dreads might even have a few marines
>>
Still a work in progress, but I'm thinking My Dudes will be house troops for a rogue trader that operates as a mercenary. Probably something like Elysian Drop Troops to represent the kind of money that the rogue trader pours into the mercenary business. Color scheme might be primarily grey with yellow or gold for other markings.

I might be able to use the Militia rules from the Horus Heresy to represent the rogue trader leading troops that can be customized to suit my whims.

Opinions are welcome.
>>
>>54419553
It is a bit silly, isn't it? It's surprising the Silent King has any supporters left, but I suppose even the Necrons who retain their identities are rarely anything close to sane.
>>
>>54433207
Sounds rather like what I'm doing. Elysians and militia are VERY different though, and the latter have no 8th edition rules
>>
>>54434190
How do you think people would feel about cherry-picked units from each list? Like say Militia troops with Valkyrie transports?

I just really like Valkyries and S4 lasguns, so being able to combine the two would be pretty fun for me. No idea if it would actually be good in any competitive sense (not that it's competition legal anyway)
>>
>>54426793
>>54417290

I would like to point out that it is still THEORETICALLY possible for a Space Marine to be a dad. He just has to impregnate a woman when he's like 12 before he gets chosen as an Initiate.

Not really plausible, but possible.

Space Marines and mortal family members is a really underused idea in 40K.
I'm writing a story (as writing practice) about a Space Marine being deployed to his home world to put down a rebellion, and finds out his younger brother is the commander of the PDF.
Both are happy and surprised to see each other, but they end up butting heads quite a few times as it becomes extremely clear - to both of them - that the by who joined the Chapter is not the same person who wears that chapters sigil on his pauldron, for better and for worse.
>>
File: 3563456345.jpg (38KB, 655x368px) Image search: [Google]
3563456345.jpg
38KB, 655x368px
I just have a small bunch of successor Marines that got their shit kicked in by the Tau one time and in their shame, they thought "we can do that" so they've adopted missile batteries on fucking everything. Their dreads are now all basically resembling Catapult.LRM boats from Battletech and they don;t go anywhere without some Cyclones.
>>
>>54434976
Knights of the Molten Rain, defenders of Maxross VII.
>>
>>54434938
Not exactlt. It never says when they get conditioned. It could be towards the end when they become scouts.
>>
>>54435157
Sun Strikers actually, but I like Knights of the Molten Rain, I think I'll use that for something. maybe a title for one of their dreads or a custom Paladin of Hawkshroud who was helping them but similarly got dishonored by their defeat.
>>
>>54434938
The age of choosing isn't necessarily fixed. A marine could be in his late teens or older before getting honored so he could be a father by then easily. He would just have to be exemplary.
>>
>>54406551
>250 sum replies of mostly marines or chaos
>Some costume Necrons, DA and Tau
>No custom SoB or Eldar

Just retire these armies already.
>>
>>54435916
I'm actually really surprised we don't see more Sisters given how prolific their posters are. I wonder why?

There was one or two Dark Eldar though.
>>
>>54435962
Those posters don't actually play or even paint, they just shitpost wank material,
>>
Is it possible to have a splinter faction of Legion of the Damned? I want to paint some but would rather they look encrusted with lava rather then just on fire.
>>
>>54418592
>lore doesn't really say one way or another if marines can have kids or not

Yes, it does
>>
>>54435916
I've had an idea for an SoB group that buddies up with some Knights but can't be arsed to make it reality.
>>
File: 20170720_224257.jpg (1004KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170720_224257.jpg
1004KB, 2560x1536px
>>54435916
I posted my IG earlier, but yeah totally agree. You can only see so many marines.
>>
>>54432683
All the blue is just Caledor sky layered with temple gurad blue and light wash of nuln oil to make it look dirty.
>>
>>54436892
>IG

Those are just giant dwarves you liar.
>>
>>54436892
IG still has some potential for originality, unfortunately most of it is in areas that are too niche for the table, like entirely naval army lists. But an IG army that's mostly imperial mutants is pretty dope.
>>
>>54435916
I'd post my Tyranids but that is really just color scheme.

Well that and a heavy emphasis and aerial and subterranean pincer attacks with a stupid heavy amount of spore spam in all flavors.
>>
>>54436892
>>54436918
GW should really release some Damarung (sp?) unites for IG flavor purposes.
>>
>>54406551
The fighting forces of Forgeworld Octavia dispatched to aid the battle for the Konor system. Their purple robes a stark contrast to traditional Mechanicus colours, drawn from the forgeworld's strange earth being a purple colour. Their greatest treasure beign the vast databanks of their home, dedicated to finding and storing musical scores, from great Imperial fanfares to the rather secret collection of xenos music. This focus has of course, earned them an almost resident inqusitor, ensuring Slaaneshii worship doesn't spring up.
>>
File: necron scythe.jpg (299KB, 1600x1130px) Image search: [Google]
necron scythe.jpg
299KB, 1600x1130px
>>54427730
>>54427773
Neat, some more skellingtons I missed. They seem neat. I don't suppose they're eyeing up their client Tau as potential new bodies if they figure out how to reverse the Biotransferrence process?
>>
Can Space Yiffs have successors? If I ever get into this I could dig a space Wendigo or Skinwalker getup.
>>
>>54436981
I know someone at my LCS that bought a bunch of Tomb Stalkers from Forge World and made them into nid centipedes for his army.

The only custom nids I've ever seen on the table.
>>
>>54419097
>>54432882
I'd like to see your dudes, timestamped.

Unless of course you're fags with fewer than five customized captains.
>>
>>54437047
Wolf Brothers, but other then that there's no reason not to have a custom successor, nothing telling you that you can't.
>>
>>54420106
Hmmm....You have too many primary colours in play. You probably want to dull things down, maybe keep a colder palette in mind. Eshin Grey Base. Do both shoulders Kantor Blue. Do the gun in either Ulthuan Grey or Black. I'd recommend abandoning the company colors entirely, instead putting company number on a knee, and putting squad numbers on the right pauldron with the tactical symbols. Blue eye lenses might also be an idea, unless you prefer the red lenses for contrast
>>
>>54420159
Bump
Was thinking today maybe drop the purples and just trim shoulders+knees with brass and keep the marine mostly greyblue.
>>
>>54437031
They're pretty big on loyalty, if anything they'd genetically engineer their own bodies to inhabit, though they might use the Tau's DNA as a template.
>>
>>54437047
Chaos yiffs that flay their enemies like Necron Flayers do would be par for the course and cool to look at. As for a Wendigo gimmick that would work too if you wanted to make said Windigo's big white fuzzballs like that one monster from Star Wars.
>>
>>54420159
>>54437247
The color scheme is fine, but wind names need to be spot on to avoid the inevitable fart jokes. Or maybe that's just my particular GW outlet that's full of crass motherfuckers...
>>
>>54437247
I much prefer the brass/bronze with grey blue
>>
>>54420106
>>54437145
Alternatively, Cowboys often rock more of a brown and red colour scheme in fiction. Might I recommend Gothor Brown (brown, but not too saturated) and company colour on the inset of the pauldrons. Don't use a really loud yellow for the 2nd company, though. Keep it to Averland Sunset. Same rule for the other companies, use the base paint range, not layer paints, as they tend to be a bit less saturated. Ulthuan Grey, Averland Sunset, Khorne Red, Waagh Flesh, and Abaddon Black. Think of it like how a pancho would sit on a cowboy's shoulders. Retributor Gold for the chest aquila, Maybe go brown or leadbelcher on the gun casings (cowboy guns were usually either pure gunmetal, or had wooden furniture like grips and stocks).
>>
>>54437446
>>54437471
Exactly the feedback I'm looking for. Too easy for wind names to be mocked, that's the difficulty I'm having. Perhaps I shouldn't be worried about that but I'll keep trying anyhow
>>
File: desertmarines.jpg (21KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
desertmarines.jpg
21KB, 400x500px
>>54406551

Just decided on my paint scheme today. All I know about these guys is that they are Iron Hands successors, and each company/clan (they're organized more like their parent chapter than a codex-compliant chapter) has a different color on their pauldron. Pictured here is one from the heavy support clan. What takes the place of second company is orange, Primaris is a teal blue, veterans are black, and scouts are a light grey.

Any ideas where I should start for lore?
>>
>>54420159
For a name, perhaps bust open the thesaurus and look at words for Storms? Ones not easily linked to fart jokes
>>
File: 20170721_003138.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170721_003138.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
Reminder that Squats got a sentence each in 7e and 8e saying they're still alive and serving in the Guard.
>>
If space marines recruit at age 10-12 how the hell do they judge if you are exceptional or not? Like kill a superwolf naked as your trial exceptional. Doesn't it make better since to run it like a military academy & just take the top percent? That way you are getting a range of decent tier kids & as they grow yout just keep taking from the top percent to take to the next stage? Betting on a 10 year old to hit puberty right & say gain height & weight that makes a difference just doesn't make since. Sure, when dealing with adults becoming marines you should only take the crazy amazing ones, but if you start at 10-12 it's mostly just grooming them for the role & not because they are inherently amazing
>>
>>54437521
I'll try to think up some names for you

Kingsgale
Emperor's Monsoon
Adeptus Sirocco (pack plenty of flamers)
Imperial Cyclones
Adeptus Tempestas

All I've got so far
>>
>>54435916
>Custom SoB

Ok, Sisters of the Scarlet Garter. Basically, take a bunch of ladies from hive worlds who are looking to repent (or just a better life in general) for their "dubious" behavior, from being either poor or just fuck ups, make that a charming company with lots of Repenta flavoring. Have their coloring be a single red painted thigh to represent the garter bit.
>>
>>54437623
>Emperor's Monsoon

Emperor's Maelstrom?
>>
File: crons.png (82KB, 300x238px) Image search: [Google]
crons.png
82KB, 300x238px
>>54437292
Good for them. It's super neat that the newcron lore allows for nice guy Necrons. That's part of what drew me to them in the first place.

>>54437606
If only the Guard could field Squat eggsosuits.
>>
>>54437644
Could also work. Just spitting ideas
>>
>>54437606
Holy shit, beastmen got a mention as well? Fuck the Squats, make way for the old WFB models.
>>
>>54437521

Void Wind
Star Storm
Black Gale
Storm Riders
Fel Wind
Storms of Terra

Chapter names don't have to be plural. If it's a singular name, like Storm Wind, they would be referred to as "a Storm Wind", "a member of the Storm Wind chapter", "a Storm Wind Marine", etc.
>>
>>54437575
Looking at your filename, you're interested in a Desert theme. Maybe look at what their homeworld is like (I imagine desert, or nuked wasteland) and the clans origins/relationship/culture. You can extrapolate from there, I think
>>
>>54437027
>Octavia
My paranoid nose smells a deeper heresy.
>>
File: zuni.jpg (182KB, 1060x1536px) Image search: [Google]
zuni.jpg
182KB, 1060x1536px
>>54437731

I actually like the nuked wasteland idea. Maybe an exterminatus'd planet. From there, maybe themes of redemption or vengeance would work well.

Maybe they recruit from a nearby feral world, and the marines are regarded as guardian spirits. Could be nifty to give them a Southwestern Native American feel.
>>
>>54437047

Honestly, the official stance is no. I personally think its dumb. As long as it's a creative idea and you like it, go for it. A guy at my FLGS has Khornate Night Lords despite Night Lords not actually being too fond of chaos.

As long as it's not too egregious, ignore fluff. Have fun.
>>
>>54437623
>>54437723
Thanks for names! Will update my template later tonight, and probably paint a manlet as test for color scheme if I finish my Illuminor and scarabs this weekend.
>>
>>54437047
with the addition of Primaris marines to the fluff SW's can now have proper non mutated messes of successor chapters. So I guess from a fluff perspective as long as they're from/post the ultima founding you're fine.
>>
T A K E
T H E
K N O T
>>
>>54437988
Post it please
>>
>>54437899
I'd say Redemption, recruit from the nuked world. Maybe work a little Mad Max shit in there. Add some religion to it too, say that Exterminatus was the Will of the Emperor made manifest for the sins of their world, so they not only work towards redemption, but also get really really religious about it, too.
>>
>>54437623
didn't even think to check for winds based on locality until you posted Sirocco, (also makes it easier to come up with some background for them possibly). Sundowner(s) could be cool, they could all be brah-boys from space cali. Metal Gear Rising was sick
>>
>>54438195

Sundowners, all wearing black trench coat robe bits from DA, airbrushed to be red at the bottom with a hexagon grid hologram pattern, using dual bladed crab chainswords
>>
>>54438195
I like Adeptus Sirocco. Could give them a regional aesthetic as well

Give everyone an Iron Halo. I'M FUCKING INVINCIBLE
>>
File: beepboopspacepolice.jpg (118KB, 684x449px) Image search: [Google]
beepboopspacepolice.jpg
118KB, 684x449px
>>54438079
No one survives an exterminatus tho.

So, maybe instead, world where there was a huge culist uprising, was put down by IG, Machanicus, and Iron Hands. High Lords of Terra decided (through magic tarot) instead of eliminating the population, creating a chapter here would be worthwhile. Sort of a power-armored peacekeeping/cultist slaughtering force.

Each clan could have control over a sector of the planet and act as its governing body. Each of them being fairly autonomous with the veteran clan being the highest authority.

I'm kinda liking the route this is taking.
>>
File: IMG_20170721_012026.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170721_012026.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Mustered my entire Acadian 88th just to see what I had.
Very dusty homeworld and a long history of superstition where it's believed the only thing that keeps you alive in battle his His Favor from how shiny you keep your Aquila. Get that shit dirty and you deserved a bolt to the chest.

Mordian without the funny walks
>>
>>54438262
Perhaps not Exterminatus, but let's go with a prolonged warp storm cutting off the world form the Imperium for a while, and local governments squabbling until someone busted out the atomics and it was PARTY TIME! Survivors arrange into clans, and a couple hundred years after the apocalypse, warp storm clear up, and the Imperium comes back in to reestablish itself in the subsector. Ministers from the Ecclisiarchy sell the populace on the idea that the Apocalypse was the Emperor's way of punishing the corrupt populace. Redemption enters into the people's minds. Some of the people there are hardy as fuck, and a lot of the scavengers are good with tech, as they needed the machines to eke out an existence on this blasted hellhole. This leads to the establishment of the chapter. Let this percolate for a millenia or two, and the chapter's cult is based around redemption for straying from the path, and the marines see themselves as taking up the mantle of the Emperor's punishment made manifest for the worlds that stray from the His Light.
>>
>>54420061
The image of cyborg Khorne Bezerkers is reason enough to rip this idea off
>>
I just got my first group of dudes for SW:A. Chaos troopers with two cultists who've done way more than they should have. They're a mostly Nurgle marked band, and it took me a while to name them until I named one of them partially after a Shadowrun character of mine, who had an aztec name. So, Aztec names for all. It wasn't until later I realized that they were all marked by the god of diseases. I'm working on their paint scheme, mostly a yellow ochre base with green and red hilights. It looks horrible and I love it. Still working on a backstory for them, but I was thinking Blistered Panthera for a name. Each of their names translates in to something, but the two real standouts are the leader Falling Eagle, which was meant to invoke the idea of striking fast but ended up referring to the fact that almost every time he ended up in combat he ended up on his ass. Then there's Angry Bumblebee, who was named as such because I wasn't putting thought in to it and needed another dude. I wanted him dead so I could swap him out for something else, so I sent him on a suicide mission against a terminator specialist... and he found out. In his rage he scattered a grenade directly on to my own forces, taking two of them off the board with sixes. He later got shot, went to serious injury, got what doesn't kill you, and ended up getting an extra wound for his troubles.

Bastard just won't die.
>>
>>54438496
Holy shit dude, yes. I absolutely love it.

Heraldry and name are the only things I haven't figured out at this point. Symbol could be a trefoil as a reference to the symbol for nuclear stuff now. Name though... Heralds of Salvation, (something) Saviors, Imperial/Iron/Stone Purifiers, something along those lines?
>>
>>54438625
Symbol after name, my friend! Not so sure about using the trefoil. For a name, Iron Castigators? Look to instruments of punishment for chapter icons. Since there's a desert theme, scimitars might fit well here. Perhaps a Skull (representing Big E) and a sword on either side (not crossed, looks too pirate-y
>>
>>54438508
Pro tip: Shoot the cyber daemon until it dies.
>>
>>54437031
In my Dynasty there is a looming schism between our Cryptekhs about the return to flesh.

About Half are focusing on creating new perfect flesh bodies immune to warp influence (mostly by using Nulls) and the other half have said that the return to flesh is a step backward and they should focus more on the their current state or research the pure energy states of the C'tan.

Our Arch-Cryptekh is doing his best to avoid taking a side and trying to keep both too busy to feud with each other.

The sides are divided between the Mark of Blood and the Mark of Aeons.
>>
File: Iron Hands successor.png (25KB, 201x281px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Hands successor.png
25KB, 201x281px
My homebrew chapter that I've still done shit with is an Iron Hands successor, one that's in low regard with their parent chapter and the Mechanicus because of a semi-heretical belief borne from the traditions of their feral homeworld - that the spirits in the machine are the spirits of the ancestors who wore, drove, and fought with them. This has forced them to become more friendly with other Imperial factions, or at least try not to piss them off, and they will fight to recover even dead marines with such ferocity that most assume they must be amazingly survivable - and it doesn't hurt the legend that sometimes loyal machine spirits in bionics will continue firing weapons and clumsily swinging swords after the death of their wearers. Still haven't figured out a good name for them, all I know is that I want them to have bone totems.

The other idea I have technically isn't my own, since I'm borrowing a canon Sister of Battle order, the Order of the Blue Robe, but there's little lore to them. I decided to make them UN Peacekeepers for grimdark 40k. They go into a warzone, brutally stamp down any heresy (or whatever they perceive as heresy), and watch over the place for a couple years until they're satisfied there won't be more heresy in the future, after which they move on. They work pretty closely with the Inquisition, because a council of Inquisitors is probably the closest you'll get to a UN council in 40k.
>>
>>54439406
The Mark of Blood guys sound like some my Crypteks would likely want to be in contact with... behind their Phaerakh's back, anyway. She wouldn't want them wasting resources on a dead race like their own, but she's a busy woman, she doesn't have to know about every little thing...
>>
So Ultramarines have their thing against nids specifically. What about a successor that trains to specifically fight DE or Tau, knowing the latter may become a bigger problem and they want to be ready for it? What about a group of marines that get called in just to purge Necrons?
>>
File: IMG_20170720_170844.jpg (2MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170720_170844.jpg
2MB, 2880x2160px
I just started an Eldar/Aeldari/Harlequin force. The Craftworld is named Zahr-Tann and actually canon but has no lore to go with it so I decided to make my own. Their Craftworld orbits a tundra planet called Baralaeth. It's an Exodite world and my Craftworld protects its inhabitants. The Exodites on the planet co exists with a native hunter gatherer species that taught them how to hunt. In turn the way of the hunt was taught to the Eldar of my Craftworld. How this translates to the table is that my Craftworld emphasizes speed and surprise melees.

How Harlequins play in is that in this small campaign I'm doing with some friends, there is a star that has a Web Way gate in it that leads straight to the Black Library. I am trying to preserve the gate, my friend's Necrons are trying to harvest the star powering the Web Way gate and my other friend's Tau want to research the star because it makes an element that could grant Tau Warp travel. Its rough around the edges right now but those are my dudes.
>>
>>54439820

No chapter would pigeon hole themselves like that, as they aren't like Militarum Tempestus who can afford to specialize in anti-[single race]. The codex will also naturally prevent this tunnel vision. Those who don't adhere to the codex, likely do so because it is so restrictive, and they too would equally not restrict themselves to just one prey.

HOWEVER, if the chapter is based in a region or has a homeworld that is constantly plagued by, say DE raiders, or is located on the fringe of the Tau expansion spheres, the chapter would naturally become experts at fighting against those races simply as a consequence, not because of purposeful specialization. See: Crimson Fists vs. Orks.

All you have to do is have a tomb world awaken after it is awarded to/claimed by a chapter as their homeworld, etc
>>
>>54440263
Or see: Ultramarines vs. Tyranids because the Hive Fleet attacked their territory and fucked them up good.

It's less "fuck Tyranids, kill all Tyranids, forever, kill kill" it's more "we better be prepared for this shit because we're going to have to deal with it in the future and this is what we've learned"
>>
>>54440263
You realize some chapters still have specialties, right?
>>
>>54440329
You realize they don't specialize to do that at the expense of everything else, right? Salamanders still know how to fight, they don't just smith shit.

He asked "trains to specifically fight" in preparation for a future war. That means they're not doing anything else. Or they get "called in just to purge Necrons". These niggers are literally GKs for Necrons. Name one other fucking chapter that does this sort of shit. Only two exist: GK for daemons and Minotaurs for marines. They don't even call in the Ultramarines for Tyranids.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 107

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.