[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General /edhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 372
Thread images: 67

File: keld.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
keld.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
Scorched Earth edition

Previous: >>54396609

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

>Thread Question:
How many board wipes do you run? MLD? What influences this decision?
If you don't find MLD acceptable, where do you draw the line on what counts? Are any of Blood Moon, Wake of Destruction, and/or Rain of Salt MLD? How about Strip Mine with Crucible in the deck?
>>
>>54406017
>How many board wipes do you run? MLD? What influences this decision?
>If you don't find MLD acceptable, where do you draw the line on what counts? Are any of Blood Moon, Wake of Destruction, and/or Rain of Salt MLD? How about Strip Mine with Crucible in the deck?
depends on the deck but between 1-4 with the notable exception of my casual esper control deck that runs 6
>mld
In a deck that wants MLD I tend to run Armageddon, ravages, hokori and winter orb as an absolute minimum
>>
>>54406017
>Thread Question
Ruination is normally enough for me because I always play a lot of basics and it always reaps the most salt from the table.
>>
>>54406017
I tend to avoid MLD because I play with a wide range of players, and I don't want to completely scare off the newer/more casual guys.
However, Blood Moon/Back to Basics is completely fair game because it hurts the players with expensive decks much more than the casual guys running mostly basics.
>>
>>54406017
>How many board wipes do you run?
Depends, removal heavy lists that either don't care if i get my board destroyed or i actively try to put my opponent's dudes into their graveyard usually include at least 5 more often than not 6-7 if you include stuff like Massacre Wurm, Vandalblast or Cyclonic Rift in the board wipe category
In normal lists or the ones that play a lot of creatures i run no more than 4 and usually i settle for 3
>MLD?
No
>Are any of Blood Moon, Wake of Destruction, and/or Rain of Salt MLD?
Blood Moon doesn't destroy anything so doesn't qualify for the "D" in MLD
Wake of Destruction is definetely Mass Destruction, so yes it's MLD
Rain of Salt and other targeted land removal is fine since it doesn't qualify for the "M" in MLD
>>
File: Mageta_the_Lion.jpg (373KB, 1280x1054px) Image search: [Google]
Mageta_the_Lion.jpg
373KB, 1280x1054px
>>54406017

Bitch I am the board wipe
>>
>>54406017
>Thread question
I try to have 2 wipes in every deck at least. My queen marchesa has 6.5 crackling doom is my half wipe creature wipes and a vandalblast. I don't run MLD because when I had just built my first commander deckever on my own I rushed to the shop to try it out and only one guy would help me playtest. We played 2 or 3 games with different commanders and it was all cool until he played Mina and Denn MLD Ramp. It took for ever. He kept getting to six lands and destroying all the lands but had no way to win but had enough targeted LD to keep me from playing. It was extremely boring and disheartening. I get that MLD is an important hard-control option and the only way certain decks become playable but gadamn is it shitty if you can't win in the next few turns and nuked the board for lulz. I think i'd only pack mld if I ran AngryOmnath or Tajic to help cement a combat win.

>From last Thread
How do you build a Ludevic deck that isn't vorthos tribal or a partner deck? I think it'd be really funny to show with a commonly derided Commander and win a game or two. If there are playable decks for a lot of the god awful commanders from legends there must be some way to make Ludevic work. Don't tell me just play a different commander. That is a waste of a post.
>>
File: Image (5).jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (5).jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>54406225
>tfw magi weren't legendary
>>
How ineffective is Counterbalance + Top in EDH's general meta?
>>
>>54405715
>MaRo has advocated a "New Magic" nonrotating format.

Is it Pauper's time to shine?
>>
>>54406390
Not that useful, the cmc of things played in EDH varies too much to reliably counter stuff unlike in Legacy
>>
>>54406017
>Thread Question
3-5 wipes, but only as a backup plan.
For MLD, I play on an almost newbie meta, trying to teach my friends so I don't deal much with land destruction. Once any of them starts using it and nobody else bitches, I'll do it. Stuff like Strip Mine is ok for the whole group, though.
>>
I have an MLD deck dedicated to it
Numot kills lands it's just fast mana and land destroying shenanigans.
I even play stuff like crack the earth for full commitment. It's my secret weapon against fast mana blue as it packs a good artifact hate package. I just voltron numot and hard control the board.

I believe MLD and regular LD is as valid as mono you decks and stax or tax decks. that said I never pull it out in casual good times play
>>
>>54406017

Board wipes? One or two per deck, as appropriate to the colors. MLD? None. I prefer spot land removal. Goblin Ruinblaster has brought me more value and salt than most spells I cast.
>>
I run about 3-6 board wipes and a few sac effects in my decks. I am fine with MLD but i do nit run it. As far as crucible+strip mine i would rather not get hosed by two super expensive cards
>>
>>54406017
6 wipes, MLD is built into a couple. Slobad makes half my shit indestructible so I can rebuild quickly

First deck I ever built was Godo and I had a huge amount of MLD.
>>
File: 1481904872868_0.jpg (140KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1481904872868_0.jpg
140KB, 640x640px
MLD hurting feelings is why Boros is considered a bad color in Commander.
I play Weenies with MLD. When everyone has no lands, suddenly those 2/2 First Strike are kinda Scary.
>>
I've ran Boom//Bust, Armageddon, and Ravages of War in my Boros deck. My playgroup didn't have a problem with it, but it stale for me pretty quick. I've since removed it for other toys. I kept Strip Mine + Crucible of Worlds in their because Fuck Green.
>>
>>54406854

Boros doesn't do MLD better than other color combos though

You might get a higher number of total MLD spells, but that's not what makes a good MLD deck. The other colors have better tutors and card draw to rebuild and capitalize off the MLD. You only need either white or red to have plenty of land destruction I think
>>
>>54406854
MLD are simply UnFun and usually just set the game back on square one

Boros is "bad" because it doesnt have much decent card advantage or ramp.but its still not horrible

That being said you can do some degenerate things with Sunforger.
>>
>No Feather commander
>No Greht commander
>No Tocasia commander
>No Gix commander
>No Xantcha commander
>Yawgmoth and Urza never ever ever
Why do they keep printing all the minor characters except the ones I want to see?
>>
>>54406979

>Yawgmoth
>Urza
>minor

Fuck you on about, mate.
>>
>>54406802
>As far as crucible+strip mine i would rather not get hosed by two super expensive cards
>strip mine
>expensive
It's like 10 bucks, maybe 15 if you insist on NM. Crucible hurts but Ramunap Excavator is 5.
>>
>>54407003
I was summing up the rest of them since Wizards has in the past stated they'd never print an Urza card They also said they'd never print Planeswalkers, so shit may change with the times. and the likelihood of Yawgmoth getting in is about as great as my chances of winning the world tour
>>
>>54407089
>inb4 "Yawgmoth, Thran Healer" new Orzhov commander
I doubt they'll ever print him as Lord of the Wastes but enough vorthos tears could easily get us a mortal version. If we're all good he might even be on par with Feldon (If we're naughty, though, he'll be Ludevic 2.0)
>>
>>54407125
The Ineffable would be a modern day Phage.
Not Emrakul tier but a threat you could not leave on the board regardless.
>>
>>54407125
i would be way down for a pre-phyrexia yawgmoth card

teferi make it happen
>>
>>54407082
oh i was confusing it with wasteland
>>
Thinking of building my sister an Ishkanah Grafwidow deck for Halloween as its their favorite holiday
Any cool tech for it?
>>
>>54407302
>their
A noose.
>>
File: Ramunap+Excavator+%5BHOU%5D.jpg (25KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Ramunap+Excavator+%5BHOU%5D.jpg
25KB, 223x311px
Will this ever be less than six bucks or will it rise?
>>
>>54406649
Post deck
>>
>>54407371
it will rise its just a matter of time
only question is if it will go down in value before then
>>
>>54407371
They gave it a name that will make it hard to reprint outside of Masters or Precons, and Crucible has shown it's a very powerful effect. If you're lucky, you might see them $5 at their lowest, which is barely saving any money. Get them while they're cheap, it's relatively safe.
>>
Alright, what Zedruu-core cards am I missing so far? Spicy tech?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/never-look-a-gift-goat-in-the-eye/
>>
>>54407371
I expect it to rise. It's literally Magus of the Crucible and Magus of the Moon has surpassed Blood Moon in price (before MM I think Blood Moon had a slight edge, but Magus had still risen to meet it)
>>
File: bde.jpg (32KB, 600x649px) Image search: [Google]
bde.jpg
32KB, 600x649px
>>54407342
>>
>>54407455
That's not quite as comparable.
Moon's been printed 6 times and Magus only the once. If they reprint Magus, he'd probably fall to Moon's current price easily.
>>
File: Arahbo-Roar-of-the-World.jpg (19KB, 184x235px) Image search: [Google]
Arahbo-Roar-of-the-World.jpg
19KB, 184x235px
So the chubby girl meme "IT IS/HAS A CAT!" is now gone to magic. I blame that dudeface from loadingreadyrun.
>>
What is a commander that doesn't really do that well that you still play for whatever reason?
>>
File: cat_disdain.jpg (100KB, 585x462px) Image search: [Google]
cat_disdain.jpg
100KB, 585x462px
>>54407575
>now
>>
>>54407575
I like the early game pump to get damage on turn 2
>>
>>54406961
>MLD is UnFun
>Boros is bad because it doesnt have ramp

hmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>54407608
my Nekusar deck is more zombie tribal amd isn't built entirely around his ability but I have won occasionally with him when im able to attach glistening oil or phyrexian armor to him. Otherwise i typically win with just the sheer amount of zombies that work tofether and tokens i spawn. pretty fun stuff because no one expects grixis to have almost the same amount of +1/+1 counter ramp and tokens spawning as GW or GU.
>>
>>54407575
>I blame that dudeface from loadingreadyrun.
thats Kaitlyn and shes a girl
a very very bad actor but a girl none the less
>>
>>54407730
>try to build Vish Kal
>turns into a discard/mill myself for cheesy rezzes and quick wins
My playgroup is nearly on the verge of banning Divinity of Pride and Ashen Rider
>>
>>54407845
>Divinity of Pride still isn't legendary
J U S T
>>
>>54407903
Demigod of Revenge would've lived a pretty hard life if his cycle was Legendary.
>>
>>54407903
>a vanilla creature with lifeline isnt legendary
oh no
whatever should I do?
>>
>>54407506
Yeah, but I doubt he'd fall much below all the same, and he started at like 5 bucks too.

Barring a reprint of either to tank price, Ramunap will slowly (and I do mean slowly) rise to approach the price of proper Crucible.
>>
Give me your most "I hate my friends" decklist
>>
>>54407773

Son, would I call her "dudeface", if I thought she was a man?
>>
Here is a tentative list for an Alesha deck made from mashing together bits from a couple other decklists. It's mostly pretty budget for now, I'm not generally planning to spend more than 10 dollars on a single card until I really like the feeling of it. I think I'm at 98 cards and a lot of it is up for cutting so I'm up for suggestions

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/19-07-17-OAb-alesha/
>>
>>54408152
>Son, would I call her "dudeface", if I thought she was a man?
yes
thats exactly when you would call someone dudeface
but clearly you were mistaken old man, because its her who pushes the cat cancer the hardest.
>>
>>54408152
Boy, there's no need to talk disrespectfully a fellow simply because they skimmed through your post a bit too fast.
>>
File: 1394599020200.jpg (30KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
1394599020200.jpg
30KB, 312x445px
>>54408141
I don't have the list on me but you can have my favorite "I hate my Friends" commander
>>
>>54407845
Why does everyone in these threads always have the most Craw Wurm of Craw Wurm metas?
>>
>>54408234
>I hate my Friends
le ebin asshole strikes again!
XDDDDD
>>
>>54408226
are you from Elbonia or something? you canll people dudeface when they are not a dude otherwise it's redundant

>>54408228
yeah, this is 4chin, safe bet is that 'fellow' was/is a retarded autist faggot.
>>
>>54407845
>My playgroup is nearly on the verge of banning Divinity of Pride

that's pathetic
>>
>>54408353
>you canll people dudeface when they are not a dude otherwise it's redundant
no that would just be accurate, not redundant.
dudeface/dudebro is pretty much exclusively a thing you call males
>>
>>54408353
nobody calls anybody dudeface, so whatever weird rules that govern when you should and should not say it are known to you, and you alone. It's not that surprising that someone might not understand exactly what you mean when you say it, not everybody is in on your inside jokes
>>
File: IMG_0737.jpg (36KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0737.jpg
36KB, 200x285px
I'm trying to sell about 30 of these guys and the matching mountains. How do I move them with reasonable speed (like before the end of September)? I just need the dosh.
>>
>>54406979
I really want Feather as a card. I would also like to know what happened to her, other than being kicked out by Aurelia.
>>
>>54406017

You know I had my dobuts but honestly HOU is a preety fucking good commander set.

The 3 gods, Neheb, Cats, Horses, Minotaurs and Zombies support, a bunch of useful rares like Nimble Obstructionist, the Mirror, or Crucible snek, new wraths, Razaketh and Big Daddy Bolas.

Also a bunch of spicy techs like pic related. This is fucking great on Meren, for example.
>>
>>54409047
Hope for Mardu Angels as one of the c17 tribes.
>>
I've done it, Mannichi is now viable.
>>
dear lord i accidentally read part of the latest magic story.
people read this shit? holy fuck
>>
>ordering cards from magic card market
>"played" condition cards range from literally perfectly fine with maybe a tiny bit of white scratching near the edges to being covered with dogshit everywhere
>sellers just give :^) responses if you point out that this is pushing about as close to being damaged as humanly possible
>can't be bothered to fuck them over because the orders are usually otherwise fine

lol
>>
>>54408399
half the definitions on urbandictionary is 'random person' half are 'female with manly features'. I think we can split the difference.

>>54408520
it's not inside joke, it's a colloquialism. People not using it in your mother's basement it doesn't make it an inside joke.
>>
>>54408913
Ebay but it may be hard to find someone since they're so expensive. Search past ebay sales and compare how they sell and then determine if you want to do a big lot with them all together or if you want to split them all out and list individually.
>>
>>54407575

Wizards asked on polls what were the most liked tribes, expecting answers like Merfolks on Wizards

The poll showed those were average, and that the most liked were Cats and Squirrels.

Squirrels are a meme, but Cats have always had cool stuff like pic related(no furry)
>>
>>54409266
>have always had
>posts a very recent card
>>
>>54409144
The new gods and Neheb 2.0 are all really unique commanders. I've been having a lot of fun trying to out Neheb especially since he lets you play janky burn in EDH.
>>
File: 2 played cards.jpg (131KB, 800x675px) Image search: [Google]
2 played cards.jpg
131KB, 800x675px
>>54409215
pic related, 2 played condition cards from 2 different sellers. the guy gave me a refund on the rune-scarred demon but still lmao at wasting peoples times and selling that thing at played
>>
File: 114[1].jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
114[1].jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>54409290
How about this (some furry)?
>>
>>54406017
Mld is completely fine as long as it benefits the caster, if you are doing it "for teh lulz xD" though, kys.

I run a few in Jhoira, because it's Jhoira. No purpose in my other decks.
>>
>>54409366
dude that demon almost looks cooler in that condition
>>
>>54409413
No, it doesn't.
>>
>>54408913
Sell them in 6 blocks of 5.
>>
>>54409413
i honestly wouldn't mind it that much, but the thing is basically falling apart, the foil plastic on the sides is peeling off and shit. i'm more annoyed that people try to pass this shit off as played.

i also just ordered a white-bordered sacrifice that turned out to have a ton of brown residue on the sides and it just looks disgusting

i gotta start ordering stuff at higher conditions because of these fucking memers
>>
>>54409366
I've been having a rough time with getting off-centered cards. They'll be NM otherwise and look fine in a black sleeve, but it still bothers me.
>>
>>54409505
>ordering stuff at higher conditions
no man join me in "damaging out" your decks
significantly easier than foiling them and it takes a lot longer so it actually feels like you accomplished something
>>
What are some good ways to get non-creature spells out of your graveyard, either to your hand or at least library. Can't be green.
>>
>>54409806
Mystic retrieval is probably my favorite one. Call to mind as well.
>>
>>54409806
Any specific type? Inst/sorcs? Artifacts?
>>
File: Image (115).jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (115).jpg
27KB, 223x310px
>>54409806
>>
>>54409806
>to your hand
archeomancer
archivist
ill-gotten gains
>library
eldrazi titans
most blue wheels (days undoing)
elixir of immortality
>>
>>54409806
anarchist
>>
>>54409951
>archivist
>>54409983
>anarchist
this thats what i meant
>>
File: IMG_0223.jpg (76KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0223.jpg
76KB, 312x445px
>>54409290
When I first got into MtG cats were somehow my favorite despite me never liking them in any other media.
Jareth is pretty badass too.
>>
>>54410023
AWWW DUDE THAT TOTALLY GOES INTO MY CAT DRAGON DECK
thanks!
>>
>>54409047
I'm 90% sure she's imprisoned by the Boros.
During return to ravnica there was a short story where Grenko was doing a job for the Dimir boss by stealing something from the Boros and along his way he comes across an angel in a cage that is heavily implied to be her.
>>
>>54410053
its probably getting reprinted in Arabho as most of the cats posted here today are going to be.
Better pick up your HOU/AKH cat tribal cards
>>
>>54410099
Wizards needs to stop popularizing my tech.
I get too much of a tingle each time people have to read my cards multiple times because they don't have a Magic encylopedia in their head like I do.
>>
>thread question
every white deck that isn't über aggro should play wrath and doj, and usually rout
i think MLD is fine if you actually win with it unlike most people i've met who play it. nobody has fun when someone blows up all the lands and isn't even ahead enough on board to take advantage of it.
>>
>>54409806
can't go wrong with codex shredder
>>
File: 64[1].jpg (76KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
64[1].jpg
76KB, 312x445px
>>54409806
What colors are we talking here?
>>
>>54410099
I'm real disappointed Oketra doesn't produce 2/2 Cats. She has no actual place being in a Cat deck, despite being Top Cat.
>>
File: 1407639007356.jpg (67KB, 377x326px) Image search: [Google]
1407639007356.jpg
67KB, 377x326px
>every saskia deck online is just dudes that swing or infect
>>
File: 1500459976085.jpg (45KB, 486x351px) Image search: [Google]
1500459976085.jpg
45KB, 486x351px
>tfw guy in group refuses to let his deck be cut but when we do it anyway he auto-concedes
Should I bother inviting him anymore?
>>54406017
I find 3-4 to be appropriate for most decks
>MLD?
Fair game imo
>What influences this decision?
Playing with the group I have, when I joon casual players I'll tone down the boardwipes to 1-2
>Are any of Blood Moon, Wake of Destruction, and/or Rain of Salt MLD?
All are fair game, especially spot removal of annoying lands
>How about Strip Mine with Crucible in the deck?
I play gitrog
>>
>>54410313
im sorry anon
what did you want from a commander who's sole benefit comes from combat damage
>>
>>54410313
What were you expecting?
The tech for her is pretty much just Infect and/or Damage Doublers.
>>
>>54410316
He either thinks you're disgusting and doesn't want you to touch his cards, is cheating, or has some weird superstition thay you'll make his draws bad.

Either way, not worth the trouble.
>>
File: 1496713082234.png (161KB, 403x433px) Image search: [Google]
1496713082234.png
161KB, 403x433px
>>54410316
>Should I bother inviting him anymore?
hell no
>>
>>54410316
>tfw guy in group refuses to let his deck be cut but when we do it anyway he auto-concedes
>Should I bother inviting him anymore?

Absolutely not, that is insane and he is a cheater or deranged.
>>
>>54410316
My group has stopped bothering with people cutting decks entirely unless it's something like Chaos Warp. It's something meant to deter cheating, but if it's a casual game among friends and you know nobody is going to cheat, it's not really necessary. It saves a bit of time each shuffle not to do it.
>>
File: 1499336257625.png (102KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1499336257625.png
102KB, 500x281px
>>54410316
>>
File: IMG_2934.png (80KB, 500x503px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2934.png
80KB, 500x503px
>>54410313
>Sisters of Stone Death is extremely slow to come online and gets shut down very easily
>Even having Sen Triplets as my commander makes me the first to get hated out of the game

Guess it's my fault for having a twin fetish.
>>
>>54410402
The point is that a playing is refusing to have his deck cut. That's incredibly suspicious.
>>
>>54410313
Saskia is: Gratuitous Violence, Furnace of Rath, Dictate of the Twin Gods, and Gisela Balde of Goldnight. Everything else is just fluff.
>>
>>54410443
THAT FOIL THOUGTSEIZE IS WORTH MORE THAN YOUR LIFE YOU FAT FUCK
DON'T EVER TALK TO ME OR MY CARDS AGAIN
>>
>>54410402
This is all true but you're talking about a relaxed environment. If ONE person refuses to allow cuts while everyone else is doing it then he's cheating.
>>
File: 1430784927373.png (2KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
1430784927373.png
2KB, 416x416px
>>54410354
>>54410355
>>54410448
I mean I never expected her to do anything but swing but I was hoping people would try to find more interesting ways to go about it

I'm trying to make opalescence/starfield enchantress alpha strike a thing but I die with a scary looking enchantment like Aggravated Assault or True Conviction on my field before I've had a chance to do anything substantial
>>
>>54410421
>bringing your magical realm to the game table

Yeah you deserve to be bullied out of every match you play.
>>
File: Hey man, nice shot!.gif (367KB, 208x160px) Image search: [Google]
Hey man, nice shot!.gif
367KB, 208x160px
>>54410421
>bringing your fetish to the table
>>
>>54410497
>thinking being attracted to something is forcing magical realm on your playgroup
Trust me, Maraxus, Stranglehold and mana barbs are closer to magical realm than just running a qt3.14 commander.
>>
>>54407575
I'm not gonna lie, I kinda want to bust a nut all over that girls face. And missy can get the whole dick
>>
>>54410554
The WHOLE three inches!?
You must be mad!
>>
>>54410488
>Refuses to let their deck be cut
>Turn 1: Command Tower, Sol Ring, Signet
>>
>>54410575
Followed by a karate chop to the face
>>
>>54410575
The amount of times I've gotten Ruhan out on turn 2 with haste is quite high.
Then again I play him a lot so it's bound to happen once in a while.
>>
File: images (95).jpg (32KB, 324x453px) Image search: [Google]
images (95).jpg
32KB, 324x453px
What do you guys think is a better way to build Bruna here?

Hella lot of blue artifact ramp and aura tutor effects.

Or white blue game stalling board wipes, cycolic rift like spells and hand cycleing to get as much into the grave.
>>
>>54410743
selfmill for the hilarity
but otherwise prison/instant win with corrupted conscience and battle mastery
>>
>>54410743
Either way you're playing Cyclonic Rift but I prefer the first way with an artifact/enchantment theme. If you want to play generic WU control then there are more fitting generals. I've played a lot of Bruna with Intuition, Three Dreams, Auratouched Mage, Enlightened Tutor, etc and it's reasonably good. I recommend Fool's Demise and False Demise as potential inclusions. They protect a creature or combo with Sun Titan/Iridescent Drake and a sac outlet.
>>
>>54410313

>Yidris gets a bunch of fun stuff like cascade decks, voltron decks, wheels decks, chaos decks and competitive storm decks
>Saskia is "me smash" infect and big guys

It's kind of sad. Even Gay Kangz got more love from people than her
>>
>>54410743
>>54410817
Self mill+ramp+board wipes+prison, these are all correct. Don't forget to run a few haste-givers and ways to recur them from the graveyard
>>
>>54410869
and Atraxa is either proliferate infect or super friends
>>
>>54411046
If I were to build her it would be graft, cathar's crusade, and shenanigans
>>
File: 1499318377551.jpg (978KB, 4999x4968px) Image search: [Google]
1499318377551.jpg
978KB, 4999x4968px
>>54410494
I'm currently in the midst of building Saskia Warrior/Soldier tribal with only Creatures/Artifacts (Equipment/Rocks)/Lands with a wincon of getting out extra combat phases with Combat Celebrant. It sounds dumb but it might be a fun deck.
>>
>>54411046
>>54411099
I actually wanna build Atraxa with tutors and Blaxos/Newzuri/Meren all in the 99 and use it as some bizarre midrange experience counters deck. I think it could actually be pretty strong - utilize hatebears and small friends in the beginning with Meren / Newzuri recurring and buffing, and fall back on daxos to make bigass tokens as the game grinds on (all while atraxa proliferates)
>>
>>54406979
>No Urza
What is Blind Seer?
>>
>>54409163
Come on, don't keep that sweet jank secret. Share with me.
>>
>>54410865
>>54410817
I like this.
As a voltron she just seems so vurnable.
Why try to ramp her out quickly though when you need to back up her casting with protections and a counter for the hate she'll get. As well as auras in her reach.
Such is the life of a voltron.
Auras like fools demise pulling double duty is great though. Self mill is great and completely viable i feel
>>
>>54410316
A friend of mine always reveals the top card of my deck and puts it on the bottom after cutting saying "not this one!"
Most of the time i get basically to scry for free i don't know why he keeps doing it, i guess he thinks it bothers me
>>
>>54411046
Atraxa is also janky counters tribal, the only time i won with that deck was by getting infinite turns with Magistrate's Sceptre, Contagion Engine and Atraxa on the field, it was pretty satisfying to pull off
>>
>>54411340
The trick is to not use him as your commander, tutor him, and keep him alive. That way you can get more colors. Won't go into more detail than that.
>>
>>54410494
Well, my Dune-Brood deck will have Saskia inside to switch out for when people don't let me Nephilim.
>>
>>54408913
Fuck you
>>
>>54411638
On the other hand, partners might draw less hate.
>>
So I saw Suarez pilot a Keranos deck that involved like 89 lands and some other spells. The list is here:
My question is, what are some other things I can add to this deck to make it stronger? I know it's nearly meme-tier but I enjoy the execution and it's relatively cheap. Are there any other fun things in Izzet I can put in this deck that will work with this concept? So far I definitely think I'll add in Mana Severance + Lab man as another wincon.
>>
File: 73r.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
73r.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
How different is Razakhet combos from Sidisi ANT? The decks from 'the tier list' have mostly small tweaks but i know that one small tweak can change how the whole deck plays. Aaaand I'm interested in building one of them steering towards Raza but not sure which one is better to start out with on budget combo list and slowly build up to whole thing.I'm also not really into mono B doomsday
>>
>>54409388
Her story in Rath book is literally a furry fanfic. She wants Gerrard's D. I'd probably take current WE WUZ KANGZ over reading that shit again. MTG stories were always degenerate.
>>
>>54411852
http://sales.starcitygames.com/deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=72252
Probably helps to include the list
>>
>>54411852
Nice list
>>
>>54411871
razaketh is never going to be good as a commander, that's for sure. he's designed to be cheated out
>>
File: 42.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
42.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
Just to be sure, Phyrexian Metamorph is better than Clone in literally every situation except in the case the opponent has artifact-destroying cards, right?
>>
File: download (26).jpg (11KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
download (26).jpg
11KB, 190x265px
>>54411852
Nice spicy tech on that Keranos
>>
>>54411935
Yes, most clones are better clones than clone. Stunt double is a very good example of this.
>>
>>54411935
I don't know, copying artifacts is definetely useful but artifact hate is also extremely common
>>
>>54411923
Gotcha by four seconds my dude
>>54411954
>tuck
Nice try but please apply yourself next time
>>
>>54411935
"except in the case the opponent has artifact-destroying cards" is a pretty big exception, anon. Yes, Metamorph is real good, except that it's an artifact, which is both a huge benefit and huge weakness.
>>
>>54412006
Read the card name you fegit
>>
>>54411255
Not we're talking about and you know it.
>>
Proteus Staff in Locust God?
Yay or Nay?
>>
File: living death.jpg (31KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
living death.jpg
31KB, 200x285px
Post your favorite sorceries
This one with a yard full of etb effects feels so good
>>
is there a good way of seeing all the different arts for all the cards in my deck? I want to see which editions I like.

also, rec me some good plains and forests. would go for unglued, but each seller only got like 1-2, dont really wanna get lands from 15 different sellers.
>>
File: favorites.jpg (305KB, 898x896px) Image search: [Google]
favorites.jpg
305KB, 898x896px
>>54412356
anon you are my soulmate
>>
>>54412455
Odyssey has the best basic lands, fight me
>>
>>54412051
But it's Urza.
>>
File: 333.jpg (50KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
333.jpg
50KB, 312x445px
>>54412504
well, this one is indeed very cool
>>
>>54412455
http://magiccards.info/
>>
Thoughts on my Neheb deck? Still got shit coming in the mail but so far its been testing very well.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/neheb-eternal-ramp/
>>
>>54410531
My fetish is mindbreak that's why I play sen triplets. :^)
>>
>>54412674
guess i'll have to manually search then. thanks.
some art seems to be bugged though? I got wrong card showing up twice on two different cards.
>>
>>54412843
Which cards?

I remember one card accidentally shows up as Scroll Rack, but that's the only one I can remember.
>>
File: 1489808965147.jpg (47KB, 600x582px) Image search: [Google]
1489808965147.jpg
47KB, 600x582px
>>54409266
>polls having accurate data shared with the public
nigga are you up with the times?
everyone knows that what the data shows and what wizards tells the public the data shows are very different
>>
>>54412869
topkek, mirror entity shows up as scroll rack
mother of runes shows up as sylvan library
>>
File: lifedeath.jpg (31KB, 310x223px) Image search: [Google]
lifedeath.jpg
31KB, 310x223px
today i found out that they printed a budget reanimate in a split card
>>
>>54409266
I bet people really wanted something completely fucking retarded like Allys or Phelddagrifs. But Cats were in the top 10 and easy to do so they just said Cats were in the top 2 with Squirrels.
>>
>>54412915
Oh yeah, Mirror Entity was the one I was thinking of.

That's real weird though.
>>
>>54413021
I remember when I thought all Split cards were Fuse cards and that this would be insane with Craterhoof Behemoth.

If only.
>>
>>54413021
That's much worse than Reanimate. Other than it costing twice as much mana and needing a green color identity, it only hits your graveyard.

If you are going to spend that much mana, why not play animate dead or one of it's clones.
>>
>>54412912
>>54413055
I don't know, I can genuinely see Cats being voted that high. It's an internet poll.
>>
>>54413188
>>If you are going to spend that much mana, why not play animate dead or one of it's clones.

redundancy, mostly. there are only so many 2-mana reanimation effects, and a bunch of them come with way worse drawbacks than this one. i'd probably rather run life//death instead of exhume, for example
>>
>>54412915
>>54413160
Another one is Command Tower in place of the american version of Akroma's Vengeance
>>
>>54412543
It's Urza in disguise who doesn't display anything like he would have in lore. When people say they want an Urza card, they mean a card that is named Urza. People think they're being smart when they say Blind Seer, but everyone already knows about it. That being said, I hope they never touch Urza because I doubt they'll do him justice.
>>
>play edh only sparingly because of travel requirements and no real playgroup
>No way of testing my brews beforehand
>when finally able to play, play badly because playing an untested deck basically for the first time

what are we if not slaves to this torment?
>>
>>54412915
>>54413160
>>54413261
The Commander Anthology versions are all mixed up, click a different printing.
>>
>>54413261
It seems like they just fucked up with the Commander Anthology real bad. Everything before Path to Exile is wrong.
Aerie Mystics is Chaos Warp.
Akroma's Vengeance is Command Tower.
Angel of Finality is Decree of Pain.
Angelic Arbiter is Desertion.
Archangel of Strife is Diaochan.
Bathe in Light is Dragonlair Spider.
Congregate is Duplicant.
Curse of the Forsaken is Edric.
Darksteel Mutation is Kaalia.
Fiend Hunter is Loyal Retainers.
Flickerform is Maelstrom Wanderer.
Flickerwisp is The Mimeoplasm.
Karmic Guide is Mind's Eye.
Kirtar's Wrath is Mirari's Wake.
Lightkeeper of Emeria is Rhystic Study.
Mirror Entity is Scroll Rack.
Mother of Runes is Sylvan Library.
Orim's Thunder is Vela.

It looks like they accidentally used the same tag for "Commander Anthology" and "Commander's Arsenal", when Arsenal should be CM1 and Anthology should be CMA.
>>
>>54411871
I would consider adding Memnute and Ornithopter. No mana cost and they're free storm that can chain through each other.
>>
File: 365.jpg (41KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
365.jpg
41KB, 312x445px
Is there an Sunglasses of Urza equivalent for the other colors?
>>
>>54412046
Oh never mind I get it. You're a cool guy anon, here's an additional (you) for your troubles
>>
When will they finally add Commander Anthology card versions to tappedout? My OCD is getting unbearable.
>>
File: 149[1].jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
149[1].jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>54413503
Technically speaking.
>>
File: 3[1].jpg (74KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
3[1].jpg
74KB, 312x445px
>>54413503
Here's a card that used to be extremely important for Sen Triplets.
>>
File: Ravenman.jpg (79KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
Ravenman.jpg
79KB, 750x450px
so are you guys excited for a norse/viking plane? (didn't know where exactly to post this)

in maro's article "tell me what you want" he talks a lot about things that are frequently requested. in this article he lists:
>return to dominaria
>kaladesh/indian plane
>egyptian plane
>block with -1/-1 counter theme
>meso-american plane
>pirates
>dinosaurs
>tribal block
>bringing back cycling
>bringing back split cards
>double sided cards
>legendary werewolf
>black oath card (oath of lilliana)
>legendary taigam creature card

all of these things very specifically came to fruition. there isn't really much in the article that hasn't happened since it's publishing. a couple of thing stand out however.
>viking plane
>wild west plane
>raven man

the raven man is quite obviously an analog for odin. so is spaghetti going to be a western plane (what a pun) or a viking plane?
>>
>>54413675
WE WUZ VIKINGS N SHIET SENPAI
And if you complain about black people in a fantasy setting, you're a fragile white male.
>>
>Playing Boros.dec
>Fetch up Sword of the Animist
>Equipped onto Tajic with Sunforger
>Razia's purification, keeping the Tajic suite and two lands in hand
>Salty HomoGreek player exiles Tajic in response
>Table spends 20 minutes blaming me for slowing the game down and I get hate for it

Fuck, that game was going to be over in like three turns. Don't shut me down out of spite then complain that the game stretched out because you just had to stop anyone winning.
>>
>>54414055
This is why people don't like MLD. You weren't shut down out of spite, you were shut down because you had the ability to do things. You were assessed as a threat and dealt with, this is how the game is supposed to work.
>>
>>54413675
Speaking of which, what is the Raven Man's endgame? Mentoring Liliana to what end?
>>
besides obvious ones like Wrath of God or Master Warcraft, what are your spicy sunforger targets?
>>
>>54414150
How do I start with Magic lore?
Where should I read it?
>>
>>54414156
Carefully reread Sunforger.

I like boros charm.
>>
>>54414178
well I guess I'm just retarded
>>
>>54414156
Wrath of god doesn't work with sunforger, only instants
Eerie Interlude and Boros Charm are good picks if I ever need to protect my dudes on the spot
>>
File: 1468819247594.png (14KB, 191x234px) Image search: [Google]
1468819247594.png
14KB, 191x234px
>friend gave me his Archangel of Thune after meeting for the first time in Vegas
Time to stuff it into Atraxa and start looking at how to fix this fucking mess of a deck.

Anyone fucked around with Majestic Myriarch and Odric in the same deck? Thinking of turning Atraxa into synergistic counter growth with keywords matter.

Also Spike Feeder. Yeah? No? I kind of think it's a really lame infinite though.
>>
>>54414099
But for them to then spend the game acting like it was solely my fault that the game was stretched is dumb. If they want to shut down a play that's fine and I expect it, but don't get salty when you play out the game you chose to have. I ended up winning anyway too with the Sword of the Animist when I drew a creature, which was hilarious.
>>
File: Image (116).jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (116).jpg
27KB, 223x310px
>>54414156
Tithe to get your Mistveil planes, Lapse of Certainty, Orim's Thunder (you can pay the Kicker for an additional R), RETURN TO DUST, Oblation
>>
What are some card draw options for a Kalemne Deck?

Already run Mask of Memory and Rogue's Gloves, am wondering if I will need to resort to Loreseeker's Stone if I don't want to pay $50 for the sword of shock and draw.
>>
File: Image (117).jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (117).jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>54414258
You're already playing this year's Meren, why stop now?
>>
>>54413241
>i'd probably rather run life//death instead of exhume, for example

I have to disagree, if you a trying to do reanimation stuff and it's vital it costs 2 or less mana (like you are trying to turn one entomb into turn 2 reanimation for jin) Exhume is much better.

If that's not the bullshit you are trying to pull, then you have even more options and slightly higher CMC, dope shit like Necromancy and Victimize.
>>
>>54414398
meren is actually good though, meanwhile atraxa is just jank no matter how you build her
>>
>>54414258
Spike Feeder and Archangel of Thune is alright combo, but think it like this, are both of the pieces something that work with your deck idea, as in they don't end up being dead draws without the other piece?

For example, I took out Pili-Pala from my Memnarch deck, since it's a shit tier card that just happens to combo with Grand Architect, or I run Sanquine Bond in my Ayli deck, but no Excuisite Blood, although it would be decent thing to include.
>>
>>54414314
>when you play out the game you chose to have
Anon, they're not the ones who chose to play MLD. Now you're saying it's their faults for not wanting to lose.
>>
>>54414367
Oblation has been useful as a draw source in my experience, expecially when someone is trying to exile my crap or I want to shoot for another ETB down the line from an otherwise useless creature. Wall of Omens shouldn't be underestimated either. It's rezable by both Sun Titan and Reveillark . Skullclamp and ANY amount of x/1 creatures is GOAT (notable lands: Kher Keep & Kjeldoran Outpost). I've heard some people report success with the Seer's Sundial that came with the precon, haven't tried it myself and am currently experimenting with Magus of the Wheel.
>>
>>54414476
Also, Eldrazi Displacer can be useful to squeeze a little more value outta your E(nter/exit)TB creatures.Mine are currently:
Archangel Avacyn
Aurelia the Warleader
Godo, Bandit Warlord
Imperial Recruiter
Inferno Titan
Karmic Guide
Recruiter of the Guard
Reveillark
Solemn Simulacrum
Stone Cloaker
Stoneforge Mystic
Sun Titan
Wall of Omens

A Feldon of the Third Path provides an alternate way to milk these creatures.
>>
>>54414367
Don't forget Puresteel Paladin.
>>
>>54414424
>I have to disagree, if you a trying to do reanimation stuff and it's vital it costs 2 or less mana (like you are trying to turn one entomb into turn 2 reanimation for jin) Exhume is much better.

i'm mostly thinking of using it for just genera use in a deck that can shit out cards to fuel cheapo reanimation to grind out value and stuff. in that context, i prefer life//death since it's usable more often than exhume, which will often bring up some crazy ETBs from opposing graves as the game drags on
>>
>>54411890

>Not wanting Gerard's D

You some kind of faggot boy?
>>
>>54414700
Yeah, but if you are just trying to grind out value, why not use the slightly more expensive reanimation spells that I mentioned. Those give you way better value.

I could see wanting to play it more if there are times you wanted to cast the other half too. I guess I just don't understand what deck wants this card over at least a half dozen others.
>>
What are good reverse pillowfort cards in Mardu?
I want everybody fighting at the table.
For now i only things i've got are Goblin Spymaster, Bedlam and War Cadence
>>
>>54415029
Goblin Diplomats is an obvious choice. Mogg Assassin might count
>>
>>54415029
Run a fuckton of pillowfort and then drop Avatar of Slaughter.
>>
>>54415029
Fumiko, the Lowblood, Basandra, Avatar of War
>>
>>54415029
Grenzo for a constant stream of Goads and Impulse-draw off of your opponents' libraries
>>
Just threw together the first draft of a Roon deck. tell me why it's shit

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/a-break-from-existence/
>>
What are some good discard outlets in RW?
>>
>>54414925
I really could live without stories about difficult choices to be fucked by a buff cat man and have children, or by Gerrard, becuase he the one true love.

Also Gerrard was bland, I'd take Orim.
>>
>>54415061
Forgot complitely about the diplomats, thanks
>>54415115
Might consider, since the deck is a Queen Marchesa and runs already some pillowfort
>>54415130
Fumiko is the commander of one person of my playgroup, made me dislike her.
I'll consider Basandra
>>54415148
Both Grenzo are already in the deck, special guest Goblin Racketeer.
Goad is such a cool mechanic
>>
>>54415214

Did Orim have a dick?
>>
>>54415209
Wheels
faithless looting
tormenting voice
daretti 1
nahiri 2
smugglers copter
peace of mind
geier reach sanitarium
>>
>>54415209
Key to the City
Leave//Chance (Chance)
>>
File: Image (118).png (140KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (118).png
140KB, 223x311px
>>54415209
Nahiri's Wrath
>>
>>54415209
Cathartic Reunion
>>
File: Image (119).jpg (69KB, 451x313px) Image search: [Google]
Image (119).jpg
69KB, 451x313px
>>54415209
The Dreams. White one in particular is instant speed but can only be used during combat.
>>
File: Image (120).png (129KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (120).png
129KB, 223x310px
>>54415209
>>
File: 1477541342727.png (105KB, 847x768px) Image search: [Google]
1477541342727.png
105KB, 847x768px
>>54412495
hatred is also probably my favorite instant and kokusho is amazing
mono black for life
>>
Initial build, made with what I had. It's kind of... scary how effective it is. 8 games today, 100% winrate.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/scarab-gods-wrath/
>>
>>54411150
Consider other sources of extra combat phases, like Scourge of the Throne
>>
>>54408913
>Not full art
>into the trash

Do you even edh?
>>
>>54408913
>gruul jav lands
good luck fuckboi. Only the real guilds like azorious get bought.
>>
File: Kitsune.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Kitsune.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
When I begin to play EDH, how "hard" should I try to win?
For example, look at this card. Flipped text reads:
>Prevent all damage that would be dealt to creatures you control

Because you start with 40 life, having this as a commander seems cheap - a bit too good. I'm also reluctant to use other cards which depend on life amounts that give really good buffs. Like Felidar Sovereign, a 6 mana creature that wins the game if you have >40 life.

What's your opinion? Do you avoid cards like these, or am I not giving my to-be opponents enough credit?
>>
>>54410494
Saskia Landfall
GItGud, Angry cyclop, Angrier elemental and Karamethra all in one deck
>>
File: Image-4.png (128KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image-4.png
128KB, 223x311px
>>54414156
Commander is home of nasty.Hexproof Voltron crap. Get rid of them.
>>
>>54406017
/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/UE9Vqzu
>>
File: 1499910364548.png (81KB, 481x637px) Image search: [Google]
1499910364548.png
81KB, 481x637px
>>54415837
>>
File: ew-wizards-ban.jpg (26KB, 230x320px) Image search: [Google]
ew-wizards-ban.jpg
26KB, 230x320px
>>54415806
Depends on your playgroup. Probably if they think your General is OP, yours is weak as fuck, and you should find better friends.

You should do your best and win eventually if your group is balanced and healthy.
>>
>>54415806
Yeah, all that shit you mentioned is pretty weak, and if you ran that guy as your general then odds are high you would have the worst deck at the table.

I would play the format first and then see what you think is strong or not. Depending on what your playgroup uses you may get a vastly different power level than you expect.
>>
>>54406979
>>No Feather commander

Don't worry Anon. One of the C2017 precons will be Mardu Angels, with both Feather and the 4th Powerpuff Girl from Innistrad.
>>
File: 1472477028492.png (578KB, 870x1039px) Image search: [Google]
1472477028492.png
578KB, 870x1039px
>>54415978

>tfw make all the Innistrad angels in Honeyselect and fuck them with futa Avacyn

Can't wait for more desu
>>
>>54415806
In a vacuum it sounds like a good card, as a player who has about 10/12 destroy enchantment/artifact cards in most decks I can tell you soon as you get it out and flip it it will die then be an even more expensive flip next time, then you are stuck in mono white with no commander
>>
New player with a dumb question: can I put Westvale Abbey in Locust God?
>>
>>54416280

Sadly you cannot.
>>
>>54414258
Here again. Looking through the deck, I have a sheoldred in it but I really only want it in there for reanimation purposes but I also have Karmic Guide in there. It makes me wonder how Bad Bruuna is in some decks. Is she worth the slot? Do people run both her and Gisela? Atraxa, Archangel of Thune, Karmic Guide and a bunch of humans allow her to be kind of viable as a reanimation spell.

How has Sheoldred worked for you guys as a reanimation engine? What do you do to protect her? are reanimation spells and ETB better?
>>
>>54416280
no, orhmendal is black see the black circle on the flip side next to the words "legendary Creature" that's a color indicator
>>
>>54416332
>>54416310
That's a shame, though it seems like The Locust God is good enough without it. My friend recommends I put in skullclamp and ashnod's altar/phyrexian altar. Is it worth it? The most competitive thing in my friendgroup/meta is Rashmi run as 'budget' turbo turns in place of Narset.
>>
>>54416463
Yes, clamp and at least one Altar is staple for Bugboy
>>
>>54416314
Bruna was increased to 7 specifically to prevent a Standard combo where you could sac Gisela to E. Evolution to grab Bruna, and then have Bruna bring back Gisela. Now imagine being able to Fauna Shaman or E-leap for Bruna while throwing Baneslayer Angel, Linvala or Avacyn to the bin so you can grab them later.
>>
>>54416492
Bruna's rez trigger is from cast, not ETB
>>
File: 1498596435456.jpg (25KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
1498596435456.jpg
25KB, 665x574px
>>54416492
>>
>>54406390
>meta you know the decks of
This is where it's best. If you know the meta, you know the cards, and you know what can be countered.

>general "basic" meta
Not very good. Too much variance in people's decks. People run lists that push 3.5-4.0 average cmc (I don't know how they find playing a land and passing fun, but whatever).

>semi-powered "75%" metas
It can be quite good. The reining in of the cmc bubble lets you counter a few more things that you might worry about.

>high-powered "competitive" metas
It can be incredible. I've gone so far as to counter 5-6 spells in a single turn cycle with some filter spells and Counterbalance out.
>>
>>54416576
>>54416585
Oops

Still, Bruna's surprisingly good. Being able to pitch a big flier and then pull it back out nonchalantly is something white doesn't do very often without a downside.
>>
>>54407614

A cat woman is fine too.
>>
>>54416703
>recursion isn't something what can do without a downside usually
Nigger what?

White is THE no-downside recursion color. Karmic guide, reveillark, sunbro, etc.

Black is the 'powerful and cheap recursion with a downside' colour. That and green.
>>
>>54416796
Green is more about Regrowth effects.
>>
>>54416796
>all of those listed examples have a highly limiting criteria or require an additional cost later

Bruna takes ANYTHING so long as it's one of the two biggest creature types in white, disregarding CMC or creature size.
>>
>>54410421

Turn your fetish toawrds a love for another kind of twin. Splinter Twin. Build a competetive Splinter Twin deck and just wreck your group in 4 turns or so.
>>
>>54407371
>tfw got a playset of the draft weekend promos because my LGS gave them out like candy
>>
>>54416849
Karmic Guide doesn't require anything to be paid later. Echo costs are optional. Read the rules numbnuts.
>>
>>54416849

I think you might actually be an idiot.
>>
>>54416888
You either pay with the creature itself or mana. You're losing something either way, so you better get something worth more than 5 out of the yard or you're down on resources. Bruna, meanwhile, is a giant flying beater with vigilance that sticks around for only two more.
>>
>>54416933
>implying Karmic Guide, a 2/2, going to the graveyard is a downside
>>
>>54416865
>yfw they drop to 32c because they see no play in any format because a situational 2/3 with no evasion is standard trash
>>
>>54416933
You're paying with a card, or additional mana. Think of Karmic Guide as a 5 mana sorcery that has the potential to also be a 2/2 creature, and you'll realize how stupid you are for thinking it's a cost.
>>
>>54416849
Nigga stop, you have never played a game of edh, take your 7cmc mono white angel deck and stop posting
>>
>>54417014
It's better than that b/c creature ETBs are easily abused.
>>
>>54416969
>implying a 5/7 vigilance flier isn't preferable to a 5-mana sorcery-speed reanimate spell

And before you say it, yes, Guide has much more combo potential. But a deck built that way wouldn't be running larger creatures like Bruna very often anyways.

>>54417014
Would "penalty" be a more acceptable term then?
>>
>>54416849
>Karmic Guide
Only has a secondary cost if you choose to pay the echo cosy, which if you don't, you lose a 2/2. Boohoo, you still have something out of your graveyard.
>Titan is restricted to >=3cmc
Yeah, how sad. I can only get back my Puresteel Paladin, eternal witness, sol ring, emeria the sky ruin, Gaea's cradle, mistveil plains... That garbage. What a downside. Clearly worse than fucking Bruna and her 'cast' trigger lel.
>reveillark
Fetches up Karmic Guide??????

Bruna is literally just budget Sun Titan for a mono w Angel tribal. Just stop man.
>>
>>54417055
>fetches
Meant to say reanimates/recurs.
>>
>>54417027
No. Karmic Guide is amazing, and the fact that it literally sends itself to the graveyard is actually better.
>>
>>54417027
Bruna is objectively shit in comparison to guide. Anything you would want to get with her Karmic gets sooner and more often since its rez is on ETB.

Your original argument that White has a hard time with recursion is also laughably wrong. It has the best enchantment recursion bar none, has no trouble rezing creatures, can bring back artifacts to play/hand reasonably well, and is king of return "permanent"
>>
>>54417055
I like how you strawmanned me saying Titan is worse. Real clever argument. Of course Sun Titan is better overall, that wasn't the argument. The argument is that white isn't a color that reanimates creatures non-conditionally. Everything I listed is considered better because you can build EDH decks to abuse them more easily, and I'm not going to contest that.

>>54417105
Did I say anything about card types other than creatures?
>>
>>54416314
>>54416492
>>54416703
>>54416849
>>54416933
>>54417027

>asks a question
>didnt like the answer
>gets proven wrong
>still insist hes right
You have 2 options, stop posting or let your autism take over and keep arguing about your standard pet card because it eas the set you started playing with
>>
>>54417150
>implying I asked the original question

You still haven't answered the argument. Show proof that reanimating creatures without restrictions on what it can bring out is in white's wheelhouse.
>>
>>54417166
Option 2 it is, im sorry for your parents to have to raise a potato, at least you are not into trains and spinning things
>>
>>54417166
Bruna has a restriction to angels and humans
>>
File: nyorooon.jpg (3KB, 201x159px) Image search: [Google]
nyorooon.jpg
3KB, 201x159px
>>54417150
I'm >>54416314 and >>54414258 I haven't participated in any of these discussions other than asking the questions. I'll say I'm probably not going to include Bruna after reading all this shit because I forgot she's a cast and not an ETB, and am just being lazy and starting to realize I probably only need Karmic Guide, Reveillark, Sun Titan, and Sheoldred for a good reanimator package.
>>
>>54417166
Karmic Guide. Emeria.
>>
>>54417132
>Everything I listed is considered better because you can build EDH decks to abuse them more easily, and I'm not going to contest that.
now reread what your wrote earlier:>>54417027
>And before you say it, yes, Guide has much more combo potential.

Your original argument was "Being able to pitch a big flier and then pull it back out nonchalantly is something white doesn't do very often without a downside."
Please see:
Loyal Retainers
Emeria Shepherd
Emeria, Sky Ruin
Resurrection
Breath of Life
False Defeat
Miraculous Recovery
Marshal's Anthem
Reya Dawnbringer
>>
>>54417182
>oh fuck I don't have an argument
>better call him autistic
>>
>>54417201
don't forget based Debtor's Knell
You can steal stuff from other people's graveyards
>>
>>54417213
literally proving my point, dont forget your helmet when you take the short bus
>>
>>54417235
Yeah that card is pretty cool. I would like one so maybe I'll eventually track it down and test it.
>>
>>54417212
THANK YOU. It's not often someone actually backs up an argument in these threads with examples. I cede the argument.

>>54417251
>still shitposting

Stop posting anytime kid
>>
>>54417275
It was already proven bruna was shit many times and you still insisted how many times do you have to be proven wrong before you have had enough "argument"
>>
>>54417329
I dunno, you seem to be the one hung up on it. And nobody argued Bruna was bad, the only person who said anything close said that it was worse than Guide, not that it was bad outright. Stop strawmanning.
>>
Why is white such a controversial color to talk about in this format?
>>
>>54417430
It's the best splash color and the worst primary color. It's also had some weird transitions in color identity over the years.
>>
>>54417362
No bruna is complete shit, there was no doubting that
>>
>>54417430
White privilege

Also edh is U/G/x the format
>>
>>54417430
Doesn't do anything on its own, does everything with an actual color. Azorius, Selesnya, and Orzhov are all incredibly potent color combos, and Bant/Abzan/Esper can do some incredible things.
>>
>>54417551
So why is Boros shit? Mono-red has some very powerful decks, so why does white and Boros flounder?
>>
>>54417623
People have boners over card draw in edh, they dont laugh so much when you boardwipe or MLD and boros charm yourself
>>
>>54417665
Oh I see, it's just manchildren whining about resource denial. God, I fucking hate the childishness of people freaking out over MLD.
>>
>>54417623
Its inconsistent. It can either give you a 12/12 with doublestrike, trample, makes you cum your pants, and flying while killing everyone else's blockers or it shits in your lap and dies. Boros also lacked good generals until very recently. Flingfag is an awful commander, leaving you with partner commanders, depala, avacyn or the keyword beaters. Depala is stuck in storm, which other colors do better and avacyn is seen as too weak for most people to play because they havent seen the glory of flipping an avacyn with a batterskull at instant speed while she has a basilisk collar equipped. If neither of those 2 janky builds dont work you are STUCK in a combat based color that borderline cannot utilize infect, has a hard time getting trample in a color that grants trample, and has almost no viable pumps because of the double life.
Also aetherflux resevoir does the majority of your entire factions identity by itself without requiring you to play boros.
>>
>>54417665
>>54417738
I've been wanting to trying Howling Mine/Key to the City/Basalt Monolith with Clock of Omens but my Autism is preventing me from adding cards that don't have foil printings
>>
>>54417813
So is the solution exploring more of their combined wheelhouse, like red's spellslinging tendencies and white's leanings towards flash, or doubling down and making combat more consistent? Can both be done without compromising the color identity?
>>
>>54417842
I think the two colors lend themselves to Brown Magic more favorably than either Green or Black. Perhaps start there.
>>
File: boroscurve.jpg (93KB, 1540x718px) Image search: [Google]
boroscurve.jpg
93KB, 1540x718px
>>54417874
>>
>>54417842
I found the third path is honestly the answer for boros. Fuck boros' identity, just play white with a red splash. White has good ramp, card advantage, and artifact synergy by itself so I just put red walkers, reanimation and artifact cards in my avacyn. I just won with an ajani steadfast ultimate because when youre playing the game on a totally different axis as most decks you become unpredictable.
>>
>>54417956
Well that's one way to do it, but it seems, at least to me, that Boros' identity is too stagnant, in large part due to a lack of commander variety. Pull up a list of other color pairs and you'll see quite the variety in commander strategy, with, ironically, Azorius and Selesnya in the top three, just behind Simic. I have to wonder what a commander that doubles combat tricks, rewards you for creature buffing or lets you sling spells wildly could do for the color. Right now, it seems the pair can only turn creatures sideways, and it saddens me.
>>
>>54418014
Kalemne would have been better as Make Your Own Keyword Soup. You should have been able to "spend" your experience counters at the start of combat to buff her up, give her indestructible or trample or firebreathing, instead of just +1/+1.
>>
>>54418111
Stop it, that would have given her some actual depth as a disciple of the battle god!

captcha:MASUK Fuerte
>>
>>54418014
It seems like we might be headed there. Cards like soulscar mage and emeria shepard are subtly changing what boros is allowed to do in great ways and it wont be long before another boros legendary is as good as avacyn. Also the increased printing of cards like naihiri and chandra means you can actually play because before you had the old wildly incosistant boros problems except with card draw.
>>
File: deadbinge.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
deadbinge.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>54412356
>>
File: Z6egGzI.jpg (156KB, 1024x1006px) Image search: [Google]
Z6egGzI.jpg
156KB, 1024x1006px
>>54418226
We're getting another RW walker in Dinoland
>>
>>54418343
are you sure that isn't just chandra in a different outfit?
>>
File: rwwalker.jpg (133KB, 807x705px) Image search: [Google]
rwwalker.jpg
133KB, 807x705px
>>54418343
>>
>>54418343
Im excited for her, but unless we get a new rule about planeswalkers in the command zone she wont change too much.
>>
>>54418393
Could be a fun utility piece like Nahiri
>>
>>54418343
It will be something like

Tchocan, the Lizard queen 2RW
Legendary warrior
First Strike
When ever a lizard you cintril attacks get +1/+1 till end of turn
2/3

You know its true
>>
>>54418404
she has an 85% chance of being an upgrade for most boros decks. Im hoping they make her somewhat like gideon/sorin and give her an instant ultimate. I would love a spirit link emblem that worked like duelists heritage.
>>
>>54418343
At least it's not R/G.
>>
what are some good and consistent win-cons for gaddock teeg? i have a pretty solid list of hate cards and tutors i just haven't quite settled on a way to finish the table.
>>
>>54418392
>2 cost
uh oh
>>
>>54418392
>>54418430
She genuinely looks like she might be CMC 2, which has a million ways to go wrong.
>>
>>54418465
I really want to say that just the quality of the picture and the generic bubble doesn't show up as well on gold-bordered cards
>>
>>54418465
her generic mana cost is there but blurry. Also a 2cmc walker would probably be amazing in boros.
>>
File: hellofellowplaneswalkers.jpg (197KB, 1392x1356px) Image search: [Google]
hellofellowplaneswalkers.jpg
197KB, 1392x1356px
>>54418488
>forgetting so soon
>>
File: boros.jpg (10KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
boros.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
>>54418343
that's not the Boros emblem on her chest izzet?
>>
>>54418447
Pillowfort till they quit after you durdle for 4 hours, edh isnt about winning, its about taking as much time as you can to win while nobody else has fun that said midnight guard and prescence of gond with altar of dementia, mill everyone one card at a time but remember to do each play
>>
>>54418522
This card is actually good, its just he was in a format with answers for days. I think hes the reason they removed bolt from standard.
>>
>>54418584
Altar of the Brood is another option
>>
>>54418603
>This card is actually good

You are mistaken. If he were actually good, you'd see him played more often. As it stands, your justification for saying he's good comes across more as "He could have been playable if the standard format had been even weaker".
>>
>>54418603
>Discard at random
No, the card is not good. If it did not have the random line, it could have been alright. They played it too safe at CMC 2 and this is the result
>>
>>54418859
Say it with me:
>+1: Discard a card. If you do, draw a card,
>>
File: images.jpg (11KB, 500x224px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 500x224px
>>54418884
>>
>>54418884
+1 Draw a card, then discard a card at random

Is what the card actually says
>>
>>54418948
The point is that >>54418884 would have been the most realistic way for them to do it properly. It would fit with the direction they wanted to take Red's looting in, give you a better chance at the effect being useful, and be a reasonable power level for a CMC 2 walker.
>>
>>54418859
>>54418821
Tibalt would be great now, back then he was 100% bolt fodder
>>
>>54419009
there is no meta where tibalt can ever be called "good" and there never will be
>>
>>54417813
>Brion is bad
How about fuck you. Brion is the only commander in Boros that isn't fucking LMAO COMBAT, not to mention that he's actually pretty good.
>>
>>54419009
>Tibalt would be great now

Again, you are mistaken.
>>
File: foley1.jpg (96KB, 705x795px) Image search: [Google]
foley1.jpg
96KB, 705x795px
>>54412233
Yay!
>>
File: Youre All Autistic Niggers.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Youre All Autistic Niggers.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
Just whipped this up. How would something like this be as a Boros commander?
>>
File: SAVAGE_BEATING.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
SAVAGE_BEATING.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>54412784
>>
>>54419121
Returning things to the battledield as a -3? That' broken.
>>
>>54419121
Too winmore.
autistic card design/10
>>
>>54419121
You're in no position to be calling names, anon.
>>
>>54419121
Someone got butthurt they didnt have a counterspell for armageddon
>>
>>54418560
It's the nothing emblem, because every plane doesn't have to be Ravnica
>>
So yesterday i went to edh night at the lcs and was a bit disappointed to learn that they banned infinite combos in the several weeks I was absent. This meant I could not play my prossh but instead played my Mogis stax deck. Oddly enough the people who got upset by combos were all fine with mld. So that was a surprise.
>>
>>54419161
Someone's butthurt over a joke name.
>>54419135
Very possible, but it still has to survive a turn in order to do so. I dunno, it's 2 AM and I put this together in under a minute.
>>
>>54419167
Joke is on you, the houses escaped ravnica and the jace faggotry and settled 2 color dinopirates land
>>
>>54419218
>Very possible
I was making fun of your typo, you gaynigger. Fuck all custom card posters.
>>
>>54419234
>fuck posters who try to add to a conversation they're in
>>
>>54418111
>at the beginning of combat on your turn, this creature gains your choice of:

>trample
>menace
>flying

>and +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the number of experience counters you have.

>Whenever you cast an Equipment or Aura spell with converted mana cost 3 or greater, oí get an experience counter.

Hire me pls
>>
File: Double_Nigger.jpg (39KB, 400x369px) Image search: [Google]
Double_Nigger.jpg
39KB, 400x369px
>>54418430
WE'RE GETTING DINOSAURS YOU MOTHERFUCKING DOUBLE NIGGER
>>
>>54418343
Body primed for readiness.
>>
File: 1350436819646.gif (19KB, 691x543px) Image search: [Google]
1350436819646.gif
19KB, 691x543px
>>54418014
>>54417623
>>54417842
Doublenigger
1RW
Legendary Human Goblin
You may not cast creature spells.
1: Copy or redirect target instant spell. Activate this ability only once per turn. (You may not do both.)
1/4

Too weak? Strong?
>>
does Aetherflux Reservoir performs well on a Trostani deck focused on big tokens?
I feel like it will be most of the time a deck card in a deck that doesnt have good card draws.
>>
>>54419387
>At the beginning of your upkeep, you may pay 1RW. If you do, until your next upkeep, whenever a player casts an instant or sorcery spell, you may pay 1RW. If you do, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy. Activate this ability only once each turn.

Pay an initial cost, then continue to feed it to double any spell effect. At 3 mana, some artifact ramp should ensure that you're mimicking opponents' ramp and draw spells consistently. It's impulsive in that it demands that you pay an upfront cost, yet restrictive as well, falling into both of the colors' philosophies, although I can see an argument for Izzet.
>>
>>54419387
Seems a little on the weak side but playable. I like it a lot, though.
>>
>>54419463
Yours is fucking terrible.
>>54419476
Thanks.
>>
>>54419500
Care to explain why? Too expensive?
>>
>>54419463
Thats fucking awful, dont give it another try
>>
File: 1482173997954.jpg (23KB, 312x312px) Image search: [Google]
1482173997954.jpg
23KB, 312x312px
>>54419512
>pay 4rrww to copy a single spell
no not too expensive at all
>>
>>54419512
you get to pay 3 mana for the privilege to copy spells that your opponents cast on your own turn for yet another 3 mana
boy howdy, what value
>>
>>54419537
>until your next upkeep

You get to copy opponents' spells that they cast on their turn as well. I pushed it to 3 since Reverbrate effects usually cost 4 on creatures, but just RW would probably be balanced.
>>
>>54419562
Stop posting. The original did the exact same fucking thing for 5 mana less for the first spell and 2 less for each consecutive one.
>>
>>54419562
yeah I missed that clause, but only because it isn't one that is used in the game any more. There was a tiny of cards printed that used that type of effect and they are all like 20 years old and very wonky
>>
>>54419576
>stealing or copying a spell from another player for one mana is balanced
>>
>>54419595
When you can do it once a turn, it's stapled to a body that has no protection, and stops you from casting creature spells?

Yes.
>>
>>54419612
On rereading, only copying instants is surprisingly restrictive. I can see the argument for it.
>>
>>54419349
>yfw dinosaurs are [Summon - Bird Lizard]
>>
>>54416125
...shared those anywhere?
>>
>>54419759
Every saur and raptor so far has been lizard subtype
>>
>>54419794
Ixalan spoilers already clearly show the type as Dinosaur
>>
New spaghetti
>>54420008
>>54420008
>>
>>54419512
>>54419562
>>54419463
Only issue besides the mad expensive and clunky shit this is, is the fact that it's a fucking triggered ability, yet it has the "activate this ability once per turn" clause, which is dumb in many ways, biggest of which being the fact that it's exclusive for activated abilities.
I think you could get by with cheaper ability cost, or just having a trigger for each spell cast and not having the upkeep cost.
>>
>>54413675
im so fucking sick of vikings.

Theyve been done to death.
Im generaly sick of "insert historical period here" planes.
I want something like Mirrodin again thats way out there, i have high hopes for the return to dominaria aswell.

I also wish Dinosaurs werent wasted on a Pirates and Mexicans plane, i would have prefered muraganda or whatever it was called.
Thread posts: 372
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.