[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Magic Story: We Waz Walkers Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 37

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/endure-2017-07-19
Oh boy isn't Samut so cool and powerful, she can ignite her spark, but jump right back cause only she can defeat the bad gods. This is magic now, huh.
>>
>>54405242
>No person of color among the walkers who wants to save other person of color
How fast people forget
Gideon?
Narset?
Koth?
And these just from the top of my head
>>
>>54405303
greeks and asians aren't considered minority enough for some people

anyways you forgot MOTHERFUCKING TEFERI
>>
>>54405303
>Gideon
Thought Gideon was white.
>>
>>54405345
Not really anymore.
>>
>>54405303
Only blacks are person of color for these people
>>
>>54405341
>>54405361
Wizards follows the click bait definition of diversity.
>>
>>54405242
Where did she jump to? Theros?
>>
>>54405487
That's what it looks like. Twilight, stars, the familiarity of Gods.
>>
>>54405531
Cant wait for

Theros 2: Electric boogaloo lets print some actual enchantment matters card edition.
>>
>hazoret cuts off her own fucking arm
>random literally who bitchslaps scorpion god with rhonas's staff

pretty neat
>>
>>54405345
Gideon is a white german latin mediteranean african 30-50 year old man.
Yes.
>>
>Neheb is already dead
>by the hand Samut the "Speedster"

IM BEYOND MAD
>>
You had to start the thread with your shitty bait OP? Couldn't wait? Reeks of autism.
>>
>>54405954
It was more interesting finding out that Neheb was long eternalized.
>>
>>54405487
>>54405531
>>54405555
If so then that's the 2nd hint at a new Theros block that we've gotten from the Amonkhet storyline, 1st one being about that god forseeing Gids death. At first I thought it was just wishfull waifu thinking but if this was Theros then Theros 2: Nyx Heist Movie is looking more likely. For whatever reason Gids remorse will bring him back to Theros and he'll end up trying to free Elspeth from Nyx, maybe trading his own life for hers or some such. Would be kinda sad if it happens cause I actually liked Gideon, when he was written well, as the old soldier trying to teach this new platoon of his. Still, if they write it well I would accept it. Never really had any connection with Elspeth though, wasn't really following the lore back then.
>>
Hapetra not being the planeswalker was such a whiff by Creative. She's a better written character and her planeswalker design would be way more interesting than another shitty R/G walker.
>>
>>54405983
Dack Fayden is already on Theros entering the underworld, that seems like the most obvious way for Elspeth to escape. It really wouldn't make sense for Gideon to be involved in that plot unless Ajani got him and the rest of the Gatewatch to come to Theros to grab her because they don't know each other. Ajani would be the connection.
>>
Still, next week is when we actually get to see the bit we're all here for- the great BTFOing of the jacetice league.
>>
>>54405983
If anyone but Dack and/or Elspeth gets Elspeth out of the underworld I'll be so mad.
>>
>>54405242
This story makes me want to puke.
>>
File: Ephara's Radiance (MTG Card).png (176KB, 241x346px) Image search: [Google]
Ephara's Radiance (MTG Card).png
176KB, 241x346px
>>54405487
It's confirmed, the picture in the story is a zoom in of this card
>>
Aren't you supposed to spark in intense pain or something? Why did she randomly planeswalk?
>>
>>54405580

The groundwork was also laid down pretty well. The last magic sotyr has a random acolyte using the white god arrows
>>
>>54406109

Intense anything, really
>>
>>54406026
>Ajani would be the connection.
Well, it would make sense that we're going to see a lot more of Ajani in coming blocks since he was the one preaching caution and the rest was like "sure that sound like a sound plan, why don't you go ahead up to the party, we'll be right along" and then called him a scaredy cat behind his back and walked of to Bolas's wrecking party anyways. There should be a lot of ''I told you so" from him in coming storylines. Wouldn't be surprised if he's the one who'll eventually track them all down and bring the band back together again after Bolas wrecked their shit.
>>54406039
As one who has, like I said, no connection with Elspeth, why? Don't know much about Dack's character either to be honest.
>>
>>54405341
Teferi is dead and not part of the shitty Gayewatch.
Teferi is pure.
>>
>>54406080
Nice catch. So Theros 2 confirmed. Howmany blocks away do you think it'll be?
>>
>>54406153

Teferi is just missing, at the moment.

Time spiral ends with him being a mortal, but he is still a Tolarian student, so technically ageless
>>
>>54406109

I think all walkers spontaneously walk when they immediately spark
>>
>>54406153
>Teferi is dead
I thought he just lost his spark sealing the rift and saving Shiv. Is he dead?
>>
>>54405983
>Still, if they write it well I would accept it.
You won't be accepting it then.
>>
>>54406143
When we last so Dack he was entering Theros' underworld. If Elspeth was getting out, it would make zero sense for him to not be somehow involved.
>>
File: IMG_3349.jpg (284KB, 1250x1563px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3349.jpg
284KB, 1250x1563px
>>54406032
Praise be to Bolas
>>
>>54406109
Because the multiverse decided it needed more diversity
>>
>>54406153
>Teferi is pure.
Re-reading Timespiral books now, forgot how much of an arrogant sassy prick he actually was. Still cool though.
>>
>>54406173
>>54406206
Oh shit. Good. Maybe he will pull some reignited BS like Ob.
>>
>>54406266
He's pure because he hasn't been infected by the cancer that is the current story writing team.
>>
>>54406143
I liked the comics, and the comic ends with Dack going into the underworld to steal Erebos' treasure which is implied to be Elspeth.
They're two pretty powerful characters with their own character arcs, leaving the underworld of her own volition is mandatory for Elspeth, Dack needs a straight man to play off his funny man.
>>
>>54406217
>You won't be accepting it then.
Yeah, you're probably right. Still, there's a lot of variance in the quality of the stories, really depends on who's writing. If KT would write it Gids would probably be turned into a women before being mindraped by Erebos or something.
>>
>>54406298
Wizards should scrap the Gatewatch and turn the main story into Dack and Elspeth buddy-copping their way around the multiverse.
>>
>>54405242
>>54405954
>>54406000
>>54406051
She kills the Scorpion god
She kills Nehev
She has easy control over plains walking
Indicated she will head to Theros

She's going to kill Heliod isn't she
>>
>all the people saying that the woman at the end of the last story would be someone important

bunch of idiots
>>
>>54406326
>Wizards should scrap the Gatewatch
I really never had any problem with the concept of the Gatewatch. I do have a problem with wizards failing to do it right. Do they even have professional writers setting this shit up? It looks like it's just the wizards office staff rotating to write the stories. Some of them have talent and you get something good sometimes but it's all horribly inconsistent. If they really wanna work up to an Avengers style movie or game or some shit (which is a rumor I keep hearing) wouldn't it make sense to have it set up solid, with consistent good writing?
>>
>Mary sue black uggo whom'st has a misspelled Samus Aran name is going to be the most important character in Magic and will defeat Bolas easily
Please make it stop
>>
>>54406439
It's seriously like a fan fiction written by the staff of Kotaku
>>
>>54406326
As long as they don't print 100 Dacks and Elspeths.
That'd be great, fuck even them shopping is an adventure thanks to Dacks powers, but with Elspeth around he can actually do something about it.
I'd prefer if the Gatewatch was still around, but there are different groups that we also follow, one group of the same badly written characters gets boring real fast.
>>
FUCK YEAH SAMUT
>>
>>54405242
>>>54406298
>Wizards should scrap the Gatewatch and turn the main story into Dack and Elspeth buddy-copping their way around the multiverse.

>Dack Fayden, greatest thief in the multiverse
>But now he is after his most valuable treasure yet
>He's stolen gold, artifacts and power, but can he steal...
>Her heart?
>>
>>54406533
This is exactly what I want from my collectible cardboard-based fiction.
>>
>>54406552
I want each block to be a shitty genre story, one shitty romcom, one shitty musical and a shitty drama.
Imagine the possibilities, no more just shitty action movies, just shitty romances.
>>
>>54406621
Liliana and Jace musical on Innistrad would have been a hell of a lot more entertaining than le'mrakul that's for sure.
>>
>>54405242
>OP using story as an excuse to shitpost

Take your kang memes and fuck off

Anyway, I like how we're getting the rare example of a positive moment igniting a spark instead of tragedy. It's been surprisingly enthralling to see Samut's struggle in the face of Bolas, in no small part due to the Gatewatch going on the back-burner for a bit. I think they're finally getting a feel for the balance they need to strike to make the Gatewatch relevant while letting the setting breathe.
>>
>>54406171
probably after dominaria
>>
>>54406621
I'd pay good money for a political drama series following Jace and the guild leaders on Ravnica, or a SoL/romance involving guild lackeys meeting and befriending one another.
>>
>>54406675
But this is LITERALLY a case of "We Wuz Kangz."
>>
>>54406663
I never got why people disliked the SOI and EM storyline. Sure, Nahiri way overreacted but still, the revenge was done well. Not because of Emmy but because she forced Sorin to destroy his beloved creation and in doing so let Emmy lose on his beloved home. Nahiri is a cunt sure but I can't help but like a got revenge story.

Also, Tamiyo is still best girl.
>>
>>54406677
>probably after dominaria
Which will be after what, Ixalan?
>>
>>54406727
Except it's not, because there's actual deception going on. It's not stealing from other cultures or identities, it's reclaiming one's lost, true history in defiance of a godly conqueror who's manipulated them for their entire lives. Their gods are dead or broken, their home is destroyed, and they're scattered to the winds. But they're alive, and they know the truth. If anything, this is the inverse of Kangs.
>>
>>54406447
>and will defeat Bolas
Won't happen
>>
File: Uncanny Valley.gif (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Uncanny Valley.gif
3MB, 640x360px
>>54405242
Hated all the Samut parts. Love all the rest: Hazoret cutting her arm, the survivors working together, killing pic related.

At first I thought she was in Esper, but Theros made more sense, also a bit of an asspull of returning right away from her first planeswalk.... Welp, I guess she's a real speedster.

All in all, I liked HOU a lot, it has some pretty brutal parts that makes them more of an adult story rather than a kids tv show.
>inb4 edgy

>>54405242
Man, fucking Americans and their race wars is just dumb,"WE NEED MORE BLACKS CUZ RIOTS AND KILLING AND ANGRY BLACKS IN BLOGS!!!1!!1". As someone from Latin America aka drug continent, I can't wait how natives will be represented in Ixalan. Not because of inaccuracy (becaUse it's a fucking fantasy), but because of the shit show/stupidity it'll create among the community and how WotC will still push tokenism. I imagine I'm not the only not-American that thinks all this "diversity" crap is funny.
>>
>>54406837
There won't be any Latinos except for a planeswalker. Just like Kaladesh and curries.
>>
>>54406000
It seems every random side character is better written than the one they actually focused on.
Hapatra, Samut's dead aven friend, fuck the random dead people from last week's story.
Why they can't put make the one that's supposedly IMPORTANT interesting is ridiculous
>>
>>54406466
...I wouldn't mine 100 Elspeths...
>>
>>54406109
Any kind of hugely emotional moment can do it.
Nearly dying tends to be common due to most worlds being places where people die a lot, but anything with that level of emotional impact also works.
>>
>>54406837
There will be more niggers than latinos, that's the only color murrikan sjws care about.
>>
>>54406173
He's not even missing.
He's just dicking around on Dominaria, not growing old.
>>
>>54406837
What shitshow? Nobody outside of lore threads on /tg/ cares negatively about what race a character is.
>>
>>54406762
A U T I S M
U
T
I
S
M
>>
>>54406962
So you can spark while orgasming, theoretically?
>>
File: Hello Darkness My Old Friend.jpg (100KB, 640x514px) Image search: [Google]
Hello Darkness My Old Friend.jpg
100KB, 640x514px
>>54406000
>>54406916
This.
>>54406911
It's not like the conquistador are evil vampires and the natives are guarding a golden city or anything... because that's the actual story, but with dinosaurs.

What's the deal with american minorities NEEDING to be represented again?
>>
File: 1460818308020.png (13KB, 555x407px) Image search: [Google]
1460818308020.png
13KB, 555x407px
>>54407001
See OP image, the fact that a card company needs a black consultant is just funny and stupid. At least for me.
>>
>>54406837
>I imagine I'm not the only not-American that thinks all this "diversity" crap is funny.
I actually don't think it's funny any longer cause the crap is starting to spill over to the rest of the world. People who only a decade ago where just normal productive members of society are now reading this shit on the internets and are like "hey, yeah we should al get special treatment cause our ancestors did horrible shit to eachother and even though neither you or me had any power over those events you should now apologize to me" Fuck you americunts.

But hey, I guess it was to be expected. It's not like they send the best and brightest to the colonies so not much can be expected of the decedants.
>>
>>54407001
Except for the tens of thousands of social justice crusaders bitching about white washing and "muh diversity."
>>
>>54407031
Because it makes logical sense that not all planeswalkers would be white, so some of them would need to be minorities? That reasoning makes sense to me.

I hope they do more non-human walkers at some point but like a planeswalker being black isn't that big of a deal. Did Narset get people upset?
>>
>*Loud Retching*
>>
>>54407017
>You like something I don't like so autism
This meme is getting old
>>
>>54407098
Yes, but that's for being an autist, not for being asian.
>>
>>54407060
It doesn't read as stupid to me. If they don't know how to write a character, or if they want to write a character that appeals to certain people for marketing purposes, asking for advice makes sense. If I was writing a girl character and didn't know what I was doing I'd probably run a few of my ideas pass a girl.

I'd be surprised if that was the first time they've used a consultant. I'm sure they asked people about Asian and Indian culture for Tarkir and Khaladesh blocks. It's covering all your bases. Ensuring you're not accidentally offending a group of people and that your inspired portrayal makes sense.
>>
>>54407166
>>54407060
I'm pretty sure the only reason that they said they had a consultant this time is because even they know it's garbage.
>>
>>54406727
Except it's fucking fantasy you poltard mong
>>
>>54406109
I dont thinks it pain as much as it is intense emotions, although trauma seems to be the usual method. Honestly It wouldnt make as much sense for Samut to not spark from Physical injury when she was raised by a warrior culture as she was.

Her spark igniting was more like Narset finding out the truth of Tarkir, only in Samut's case it was finally having her belief/doubt/faith vindicated in a way that no one else could. Hazoret literally gave her motherfukin title.
>>
>>54407098
Shoehorned minorities are already shit. Samut and the ghost girl aren't from native black planes. The fact that she's a Mary Sue is insulting to people that enjoy good writing without political agendas.
>>
>>54406109
Xenagos ignited his spark by having too much fun partying.
Nixilis' spark was ignited by pure despair.
>>
>>54405345
If you consider Mediterraneans white, yes.
>>
>>54406792
Precisely.
>>
>>54407023
only if orgasming is hugely emotional for you, like you've built it up into a foundation of your identity or something. which basically means you'd have to be a neckbeard incel who never thought he'd touch a woman, or you'd need to be raped and orgasming unwillingly or something. it'd be the context of the orgasm that would be important, not the orgasm itself
>>
>>54407331
What is a "native black plane"?

They're poorly written but I don't think you can blame that on their race. It's shitty writing. In this very thread there are people who said they wouldn't mind Hapatra being a planeswalker and recurring character, and she's just as black as Kaya and Samut.
>>
>>54407444
Egyptians aren't black, they were mortal enemies with their black neighbors to the south (Nubia). Fantasty!Egypt should not be represented by a black woman but by an Egyptian.
>>
>>54406231
That thumbnail looks like some contortionist with white shoes.
>>
>>54407473
There shouldn't be snake people and bird people then either right? Considering there were no snake people and bird people in Egypt.
>>
>>54407529
The Egyptians believed that there were snake and bird people, and that they were the allies of Egypt. Including their mythological figures is a no-brainer.
>>
>>54407557
But including people a shade too dark is too much for you?
>>
>>54407627
As the representative of a culture they A) don't belong to and B) fought bloody wars against? Yes.

Isn't diversity supposed to be a good thing? Why are you trying to erase Egyptian history and the Egyptian people? Make Nubians the representatives of a plane that's modeled after African myths and let Egypt have Egyptians.
>>
>>54407627
Egypt themepark plane should have egyptians and fantastical creatures connected to egyptian mythologies, not niggers. I'm very sorry if that's so hard to understand for your pea sized brain.
>>
>>54407665
Literally this is what I meant by "native black plane"
>>
>>54406675
Fuck you Nigger, I didn't make up the shit that "consultant" said. This shit is blatant pandering, The fact that she had such good control over her walker powers and she looks like a fucking man shows it. I get being a good fighter, they are all well trained. My problem is that she is a Manish looking women that exist to check boxes.

Look at Overwatch's Pharah for example from a game that does pander. She's strong, sexy, in charge, and feminine. On top of that she's Egyptian, I know Egyptian people and I find Egyptian women very attractive. Samut is black for the sake of black, and Manish, cause they basically made a man with her character.
>>
>>54406837
All not!spaniards will be 100% white aryans and all natives will be 100% african black.
>>
>>54407665
It's not Egypt, it's a fantasy world based on Egypt. Who gives a fuck that it's not completely accurate?
If they made a set where it was nothing but Asians in togas watching people kill each other in colosseums, unaware that an orc general is moving in on them with trained baloth mounts, will that be a problem?
>>
>>54407665
I agree in theory but I don't see a heavily Egyptian plane including Nubian people as well as an affront to either culture. We likely ever aren't getting an African mythos inspired plane, it's not popular enough to work. Including people darker than the average Egyptian was on a desert plane isn't that off base, and while the plane is Egyptian based there is nothing that says that the "Egyptians" and the "Nubians" were culturally different in this world, or that they fought.

Obviously the best compromise would have been to include both Egyptian or Nubian culture in the first place. There's an interesting discussion to be had here about how accurate cultural portrayals should be, and if they should be first and foremost historically accurate or if modern culture should influence the portrayals. However most of this discussion can never happen in good faith because it comes from the premise of "ew black people in my card games KANGZ memes", or people who just aren't educated and think Egyptians were black.

The plane could have been better executed but I don't think the "cover character" being dark is that egregious. Like Chandra being white from an Indian plane.
>>
>>54407681
>Egypt themepark plane
See, normally people use this phrase as an insult against fantasy cultures they see as too simplistic, so it's kinda funny you would use it like this
>>
>>54407933
All MTG planes are themeparks. It's a children's card game.
>>
>>54407932
There were more cities prior to Bolas fucking everything over.
The refugees could've fled to the one surviving city before he got there, thus any differences between the two groups no longer existing beyond skin tone since everyone who wasn't a child got slaughtered anyways.
>>
>>54407981
So what you're saying is that Magic should stop trying to make its worlds all complex and realistic by including multiple races, and instead accept that it's a children's game?
That's kind of a weird angle too. Do you actually play this game?
>>
>>54407681
And if the planeswalker was colored two shades lighter or the plane was African inspired rather than Egyptian you'd still bitch about pandering because they're putting black people on your trading cards.
>>
File: 99biggers.jpg (33KB, 426x458px) Image search: [Google]
99biggers.jpg
33KB, 426x458px
>>54405242
>Egyptian
>black

Jesus Christ, the stupidity and ignorance of these blacks who get hired as diversity consultants is just mind-boggling.

We are really dumbing-down our whole society by placing these brainwashed morons into positions of power.
>>
>>54407665
>not!Egypt and not!Nubia are bloody enemies (like it was historically)
>Bolas shows up and conquers the whole lot (like we know happened in lore)
>doesn't kill them because he wants to make a planeswalker factory
>not!Egypt + not!Nubia = Amonkhet (with black and white people in it)
>>
>>54407166
Do you think before you type or do you just push "l-l-letsa be reasonable" bullshit without reflecting on it? Let me spoonfeed you faggot:
- the "consultant" they hired is literally nobody
- they didn't highlight anyone for Tarkir or Kaladesh, but they sure made a big deal of the 'notable outlet' writer
- finally: 'run my ideas past a girl' is how a 12-yo would think, it's not like a corporation (or just an adult, really) thinks. You already have trained people on staff, they can do research on whatever they need to portray be that a culture or race or whatever. You don't throw money in the direction of consultants and hope that things work out unless you really really have to.

They have an expression in Moscow: "he gets peed on him and proclaims the urine to be God's mildew". Every time I see people trying to portray shitty fotm corp marketing as a rational actions of a rational agent I can't help to be reminded of it.
>>
>>54407529
do you consider negroes to be mythological in Egypt? because your simile is shit otherwise
>>
>>54407529
Blacks exist in the real world, and so did Egypt. Egypt wasn't black.

Snake people don't exist in the real world and have no real-world history, so you can place them anywhere, any time, doing anything.

See the difference?
>>
>>54408029
If they wanted to put on their big boy pants and write good settings, they could start by not cramming unrealistic """diversity""" and mary sues into each and every one.
>>
>>54407931
Fucking Yu-Gi-Oh! Did a better job showing Egyptians and that has a much larger black player base. You know why cause most tcg players black or white dont care about representation, they want fan service and good card mechanics. Only the small handful of Feminist like the one in op's pic or Maria Bartholdi care about it. And they only care about it cause it's their con to make money, why do you think those Magic the amateuring cunts hid their pateron total after it rose over 2,500 a month money. So fuck my game over just so a handfull of people can make a quick buck.
>>
>>54408029
Nice pretending to be retarded faggot. I'll bite anyway.

No, of course not, Magic should NOT "stop trying to make its worlds all complex and realistic by including multiple races". That's why there should be asians and whites and mediterranian people on Amonkhet. But since there aren't, since what we get de-facto is themepark, how about this themepark will be close to it's theme? Our mezoamerican people in IXA will not be nordic-faced, right? Why are our mediterranean people represented incorrectly?

But since you are literally wasting people time pretending to be retarded -- fuck off.
>>
File: 1462849724080.png (30KB, 694x632px) Image search: [Google]
1462849724080.png
30KB, 694x632px
>>54408099
>including black people in a theme park version of a mythology is wrong, because a theme park fantasy culture should be as simplistic as possible (and diversity is complex)
>including black people in a more complex version of a mythology is wrong, because a more complex version of a fantasy culture should be as realistic as possible (and diversity is unrealistic)
I'm beginning to suspect you might just not like black folks on your cardboard, but that can't be right
>>
>>54407031
The Ixalan natives won't be brown. Look at Kaladesh. That's what I'm arguing.
>>
>>54408182
by this retarded logic it would've been OK to make AKH 100% asian. Because theres already birdheaded people.

Yeah, you're one dumb motherfucker.
>>
>>54407932
Okay, here's my take on the 'accuracy vs. modernity' of representations. It's effectively impossible for a representation or portrayal to be totally accurate—because as a piece of fiction, it is inherently keyed to the milieu of the author's culture—but at the same time, when an author allows the modernity to dominate the portrayal to such an extent as WotC has, an increasing proportion of the audience will recognise too much of their own day in the portrayal and reject it. This rejection can come in the terms of 'loss of a 'suspension of disbelief'' grounded in the discourse of literature, or in the terms of /pol/-tier memes about politics, or in simply walking away. Bioware, for example, gets a lot of shit for putting aside quality in favor of political statements, or for letting the work itself be set aside and replaced with thinly-veiled messages.

A lot of the more incoherent 'nerd rage' is this sentiment, except angrier and less coherent because there's no reason for them to be 'in good faith' because they know what they want out of their fantasy and it isn't politics. Fantasy functions as a step away from the real world and when it intrudes into a 'safe space' (lul) then the rejection is made more and more vehement. To be called 'racist' or 'deplorables' does nothing to endear the 'civilising mission' that many SJWs imagine themselves to be on. Regardless of the audience's actual political views, to tell them that you will force your own vision on top of what used to give them what they wanted is not going to be received well.

(Additionally, 'best compromise' is not 'include both'. The 'best compromise' is very rarely to meet in the middle. For WotC's model, as time-limited and porous as their storytelling needs to be, things must be cut. In this case they cut the Egyptian with the intention of showcasing the politically-favored non-Nubia-non-Egypt of Amonkhet. Kaladesh has no flavor of India—it's American all the way through.)
>>
>>54408021
I mean this is the obvious answer but people will ignore it for whatever reason.

People argued that any shade darker than pale on Innistrad didn't make sense because of how dark it was constantly but now a desert plane with constant sunlight can't have black people native to it.
>>
File: 197.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
197.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>54408037
No because i'm not a sjw cuck.
Mirage & Visions are great sets with lots of cool black legends.
>>
>>54407902
So you're mad that she's not waifubait. K.
>>
>>54408163
>That's why there should be asians and whites and mediterranian people on Amonkhet.
But there were a few whites and Mediterranean looking folks in the set. I didn't see any Asians, but they did have people who at least looked paler than Nubians with blue eyes and stuff.

>>54408248
I was trying to point out inconsistencies of thought, but I think I might be talking to multiple people so that last post might not make sense. Sorry if that's the case.
I just don't really care about any of this stuff, to be honest, and I'm not certain why I should be, aside from how, say, the NWO/jews are trying to castrate me for having blue eyes or whatever. It's a card game.
>>
>>54406080
The multiverse just keeps on feeling smaller every day.
>>
>>54408338
>But there were a few whites and Mediterranean looking folks in the set.
and there should've been 'a few' nubians -- but we got 100% main nubian cast instead. That is not supported by "themepark" and it's not supported by "diverse cast of characters", it is supported by "let's make kangz plane full of kangz" though. So how about you stop pretending that Samut being a sheboon is somehow logically flows from "Egiptian world" and accept that it's a fucking diversity stunt by people who don't care about making the game the best it can be.
>>
I wish the lore would revolve around a legendary creature not planewalkers.
>>
>>54408293
"Best" was a bit hyperbolic on my end. You're absolutely correct that meeting in the middle is hardly ever correct. But I don't see this compromise as a negative. There's a flavorful story reason for the main city to include characters that are colored more traditionally Egyptian and that are black.

Samut isn't a "political statement", she's just a character in a card game. Was Koth a political statement for being black? Was Narset a political statement for being Asian or for being autistic? You can argue that they're going out of their way to be inclusive and I wouldn't disagree with that. But I can't see that as being immersion breaking, or as a net-negative for the game.
>>
>>54408313
Well you are not wrong
>>
>>54408706
What are you even going to jerk off to, it's not like anyone does mtg porn.
>>
>>54408762
I mean some do but it's terrible
>>
>>54405345
Dude was more swarthy Mediterranian, really. olive-tan skin, coarse black hair, pronounced nose and cheekbones...
>>
>>54408807
In America Mediterranean is white.
>>
>>54408598
Koth and Narset weren't written as political statements and bothered no one here.
>>
>>54408842
>Narset... bothered no one here.
I was here at that time and that's not true.
>>
>>54408842
Narset absolutely did bother people.

I don't see how Samut was written as a political statement. Has she talked about the school to prison pipeline or police brutality or the white flight?
>>
Why are there no White, blonde, blue-eyed people on Amonkhet???

There were Asians and Blacks on Innistrad and Theros ffs. Double standards much?
>>
>>54405303
>No person of color among the walkers who wants to save other person of color
Saving people based on their skin color? This is fucking racist
>>
>>54409019
>There were Asians and Blacks on Innistrad and Theros ffs. Double standards much?

Yes. If Wizards did ever do a Sub-Saharan Africa inspired plane you would never see European inspired people (and they would probably already have a Black Gatewatch member to go there, assuming we are still riding the Gatewatch's dick at that point).

On the inverse, we will continue to see Subsaharan African inspired people on planes that are explicitly based on European Mythologies or Cultures. In other words, when we visit Valla (which looks to be the Norse/Viking inspired plane) we will see black Vikings.
>>
>>54409186
So... you just wanna argue about racial politics of the real world in the fantasy takeoff of anything that uses a chunk of our world as inspiration. Yes, there were different looking people in these fantasy worlds. Fantasy. Not your homework or the real world long ago where there was supposedly only one race of people. Fake, made up worlds.

It's not real. Anyone sperging out that it doesn't match their meticulous collegiate(wikipedia honestly) research into the subject needs to go back to academia and go brown nosing for that A. No one is going to give you that A here.
>>
>>54408934
you don't have to make it that explicit when you can make her a #resist character in oppressive society who fought the law and won AND turned to be completely right at the end AND saved everyone
>>
>>54408934
Monique Jones who was the black consultant has played rolls in the development of both Samut and Kaya's development. Bitch makes everything political. Honestly they are not trying to get black players they just want white women who obsess over progressivism as much as we do over tits.
>>
>>54409302
thanks for posting my OC anon, I've forgotten I made it.
>>
>people getting triggered by skin colour when everyone knows that skin is heresy to begin with
>>
>>54409295
Those are common themes though. Outsider who is oppressed who turns out to be eventually right and redeemed is a very common story arc. If that's what qualifies as a political statement then people would be up in arms about a lot more stories.
>>
Weekly reminder Elspeth got BLACKED by Koth and is currently getting BLACKED by Erebos.
>>
>>54409339
No problem its good OC.
>>
>>54409302
>they are not trying to get black players they just want white women
this is very correct, btw. The 'safe space', 'diversity' and 'inclusion' stunts, as well as putting black male eyecandy and removing cute girls are all designed to attract more white females. They know they got your wallet already so your interests don't matter, attracting the other half of the market does.
>>
>>54409302
Kaya was literally a one off character about a ghost bounty hunter. How was she political?
>>
>>54409432
They should've just kept pushing Sorin then.
White woman here and I have at least one foil of every Sorin. I know a few other women who are pretty fond of Sorin too.
>>
>>54409437
it's a black character who steals stuff, runs away and has no future. How is that not political?
>>
>>54409280

So it's totally cool if a plane inspired by, say, 14th Cenury Mali has white people in it? And one of the big face characters is white?
>>
>>54408598
The problem with the judgement of whether or not a particular character is a political statement is that it's easy to support the character if you agree with the politics of including them for the sake of identity rather than for narrative function.

Koth was absolutely not as disagreeable to the sensibilities of the /tg/ audience. Why is this? Some of it is the simple progression of time: Samut comes later, after /tg/ has already seen an increasingly political 'inclusion' intrude into MtG story. But Mirrodin also doesn't make a claim towards any sort of ethnic or mythological representation. It's wholly an MtG original creation and so there's no sense of the modern day. Koth's role in the story was ultimately clear and unobjectionable.

As we move from Koth into the present there is a growing sense of characters being more important for their demographic traits than their actual functions. There's a period here where I stopped paying any attention to MtG at all, so I don't really have a good grasp of the time period. But at the point that the audience ceases to read characters as fully separated from the modern world of 2014 or 2017 or whatever, that the political currents become detectable, and that the characters cease to be characters and are instead collections of groups that 'need inclusion/representation', then the characters are broken down into their traits and no longer treated as characters.

The audience begins to attack the characters' traits because that's all that they can perceive of the character. In the mind of the /tg/ audience, at least, Narset's contributions to MtG lore are more focused around 'what' she is than about what she's done. This is, to them, unacceptable. From here on out, the goal of reading is no longer about enjoyment of the fantasy. It is protection of the franchise, and the investment of the audience into that franchise, and the boogeyman of politics must be hunted down and attacked where it is found.

cont.
>>
>>54409488
oh god now every time I'll see another 'Sorin is best Nahiri a shit' poster I'll think they are female.
>>
>>54409609
4chan as a whole is much more hung up on race than it was when Koth was around, too.

I really don't give a single fuck about Samut or Narset but I do kinda agree I'd rather get back to high fantasy stuff than representative settings. At the same time that was basically Innistrad and Ravnica so it's not like I'm not getting that, and MtG has always had its 'X culture with the numbers filed off' around, at least since Kamigawa.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
>>54409437
>>
>>54409370
there are no new stories period, just as Borhes wrote. What matters is what stories are used where and when. If you think that a black female going from being a criminal to being the savior, the strongest, the best and right all along, a leader of everyone on the planet with unique OP abilities is somehow accidental to the fact that it's #current_year and not a reflection of political views of MTG creative team, I don't even know what to say to you.
>>
>>54409704
Back when Koth was around there were barely any MtG threads on /tg/ at all.
>>
>>54409773
In a plane where every human is varying shades of black, the hero being black does not stick out as abnormal at all.

If the hero was an Aven and the story had been exactly the same, is it no longer political? It'd read the same exact way.
>>
>>54408868
The only thing of Narset that i can think about is people making fun of an autistic walker. Mostly they were bothered by that tranny mardu leader.
>>
>>54409609
>the audience ceases to read characters as fully separated from the modern world
that's because the creators explicitly state that the characters are only what they are because of the modern world. That's where the fruit starts to go bad.

You're onto something here, even if you're looking in the wrong direction. The reason we the audience reject Sheboon the Speedster and Khaya The Steal And Run is explicitly because WotC says that they are not 100% creative fantasy but a similacrum...
>>
>>54409302
That's a pretty funny - and accurate - card.
>>
>>54408598
>>54408934

>>54409609

So here we come, after our long radicalising journey, spending years watchdogging, to 2017. It doesn't matter whether or not you agree with Narset or characters like her, or if you like the Gatewatch or not—you've spent years arguing with idiots on the Internet who don't see that, clearly, your single reading is correct. And WotC writes Samut. Or Disney films Rey. Or whatever other political outrage occurs...in the end, the single thread of politics that the audience read years ago has lead to them reading politics into any other gesture in the same direction. The masses froth and rage.

Samut fails as a character for a variety of reasons. It doesn't matter what they are: at least part of the audience hates her and begins to attack her using whatever comes to hand. You don't need to say anything explicitly political for them to read it politically. You know that history channel on Youtube, Townsends? They made a video about a dessert historically called 'Orange Fool' and people read it as an attack on Trump. It became politically charged regardless of original intentions. It gets worse if you place Samut into a continuum of 'worseningly political' characters, and you give your readers a sign that you specifically have political intentions, like by hiring a consultant on political issues like representation and inclusion.

And...when was the last time WotC did something original that wasn't 'Fantasy Place'? It's Return to X to Battle for X to Fantasy Mongolia to Fantasy India and Fantasy Greece and Fantasy Egypt and Fantasy Mesoamerica...except all the Fantasy Place sets are, uh, America. With Fantasy Place trappings. I have no sense of India from Kaladesh. There's more Chicago than Delhi there. There's no authenticity to their Egypt. It screams tokenism and politics. If you care about representations and orientalism and all that, then you can't transpose America over top of your Fantasy Place. It becomes a tract for politics.
>>
>>54407255
WE
>>
>>54409835
When you use language like "sheboon", even in jest, it's hard to believe there's nothing else going on there, regardless of your actual views.
>>
>>54409437
They called in a consultant to make her as PC as possible is what I assume they meant. Also it was heavily foreshadowed that there were plans for her in the future. In fact I believe it was outright said in a question about her colors on Mark's blog (something about how she needed to be WB because of future plans involving her).
>>
>>54409674
You fucking know it.
>>
>>54407311
She sparked because her senpai finally noticed her?
>>
>>54409883
well then maybe they should put less niggers in everything to make it feel less like burgerland.
>>
>>54409995

The only thing I recall involving giving her a activated ability with W in it was for Commander to make her Naya. Nothing storywise.
>>
>>54409883
>>54409818

Anyway, cont. from there.

There's context to being black that being Aven does not carry. Yes, Aven-oppressed-protagonist reads as less political for America. And no, every human is not varying shades of black—they're Egyptian. Right? Or else your fiction, that this is actually based on Egypt, falls apart. 'Black' is a distinctly modern term. 'PoC' shouldn't exist because the terms of their oppression should not match up perfectly with American modern political rhetoric. 'PoC' groups people in a way that doesn't make sense for a place with no European colonisers and 'PoC' and 'black' are erasing terms that eliminate nuance. And that trips people's politics alarms.

It's wishy-washy as hell to have an alien society on another plane of reality entirely adopt American mannerisms in all things, and then defend yourself by saying 'it's fantasy! it doesn't have to match up and be accurate!' Either they're American and you're appropriating Egyptian mythology for your advantage, or they're alien, and should act alien and have alien terms of societal interaction. (Where was the caaaaaaste system in Fantasy India? Where was the religiooooooon. Where was the multiculturalism??? No, 'pyromancers bad' and 'World's Fair' and transplanted America.)

Lorwyn was fucking Fantasy England. There were Scottish heaths and moors in Shadowmoor. Fantasy Place works...as long as you give the sense of following your source material and not just appropriating it. Like, Kamigawa was fantastic. In both ways.

Culture is what you can't see...and Amonkhet has an immensely opaque political design. It's obvious and annoying and you can't be surprised if people point it out and dislike it.
>>
>>54408293
>>54409609
>>54409883
>>54410140
This was all interesting to read. I appreciate that you shared these ideas.
>>
>>54410076
I was referring to Kaya. >>54409437
>>
>>54410196
I'm supposed to be writing about Susan Sontag, Rafael Campo, illness and metaphor, not the function of race in MtG and the failure of WotC's goals of representation

someone please stop me
>>
>>54410140
>(Where was the caaaaaaste system in Fantasy India? Where was the religiooooooon. Where was the multiculturalism??? No, 'pyromancers bad' and 'World's Fair' and transplanted America.)
I just want to ackchually here, Kaladesh wasn't fantasy india, it was first and foremost steampunk a couple layers removed to make it its own thing. Iirc the thought process, combined with the fact that chandra name wise had to have some sort of india-related heritage, was that steampunk = victorian england, brits conquered india, they wanted to remove the subtext of colonization, and just focused on the indian aesthetic. It's basically steampunk but instead of victorian outfits they're bollywood.
>>
File: 84.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
84.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
As far as I can figure, the biggest problem with Samut is execution. Her, and to a slightly lesser extent Kaya have the problem of being both shitty characters who get pushed for their diversity and design ala our much hated consultant. Samut's problem is that she's a fine concept but the litany of design flaws make her from what could be a fine addition to the planeswalker cast to a complete train wreck.
Firstly, her design isn't great. The crossed arms chestpiece doesn't look fantastic and also kind of doesn't make visual sense with how it just sweeps up out of her abdomen. Almost ALL of her art is bad, with weird poses that fail to capture any kind of interest, and if she's supposed to be a "speedster" character, why are all but one of her cards static as hell in terms of pose and design? Not to mention the several cards where she looks like a bald guy in a slipping wig. ALL of her dialogue and scenes with her paint her as abrasive and uninteresting, yet somehow she's both the planeswalker of the set and the big hero that saves the day. And then there's the issue where almost all of her art has the hilariously over the top snarling grimaceface, which on most of the cards is super out of place and serves to further alienate her. Also, all of her cards are fucking awful. I got a Samut the Tested and I quite honestly would have rather gotten a Tibalt.

Kaya's problem is more that she kind of doesn't do anything. She shows up with super special ghost powers, kills a major plot important character, and then fucks off. She reminds me of some Deviantart OC's from when I was younger, that kind of special power combined with a "pshh, nothing personell kid" attitude" that just serves to not make her a good part of the setting she's in.

Anyway, here's the one card of Samut that I can say actually accomplishes something it set out to do. It makes her character, for an instant, seem interesting, and also not horrifically drawn.
>>
>>54405242
>negress power is being fast as fuck
Literal cliche
>>
>>54410212

Derp, my bad.
>>
>>54410234
You did it to yourself, bitch.
>>
>>54410293
>I got a Samut the Tested and I quite honestly would have rather gotten a Tibalt.
Hey, whoa, let's not say things we're gonna regret later
>>
>>54409093
It's not racist if blacks do it.
>>
>>54410351

Personally I can't imagine playing Samut the Tested anywhere outside of Limited when there are better choices. Or maybe if I'm doing some sort of dumb superfiends deck with Doubling Season on the field, and even then I am just using her to tutor the Planeswalkers I actually want.

Tibalt atleast will get you some laughs.
>>
File: 104[1].jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
104[1].jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>54410293
Compare Koth who comes across as a cool dude and carries a lot of personality in his quotes.
>>
File: knock knock it's knuckles.jpg (187KB, 475x415px) Image search: [Google]
knock knock it's knuckles.jpg
187KB, 475x415px
Did she fucking spindash at the Scorpion God?
>>
>>54410263
Oh, well, I guess I deserve to be dumpstered a little now. But I mean...most of what I said still, like, applies. Steampunk as a fantasy is focused on what-ifs and a response to materialism and... anyway, Kaladesh fails as a steampunk tribute just as much as it fails as a Fantasy Place.
>>
>>54410462
Like I said, it was kind of several layers removed to make it its own thing (wizards refer to it as "Aetherpunk"), so it's not "just" steampunk world. Just that steampunk is where they started from, since Chandra looked as thought she came from a steampunk world and that was a popular request for them. Combined with her Indian name, that was what got them where they went. Also they wanted a lighter, happier, optimistic place due to where Kaladesh shows up (right after the destroyed Zendikar and dark Innistrad). There's a lot of factors that make it so you can't really pin Kaladesh down to a single thing. I just wanted to clarify steampunk was the starting place, not fantasy India, which is why there's hardly anything actually India or Hinduism related.
>>
>>54410234
The most painful thing about school is about having to grind through literature and studies about topics you give absolutely no shits about to acquire the tools and thinking necessary to analyze things you actually care about.

And even then if you wanted to sit down and really put out a solid paper eviscerating WotC's failures for everyone to cite forever, you have to go through piles upon piles of other crap literature to express said failures in appropriate academic language.

I had to read The Way We Live now in college. Sontag, Joyce, Munro, and Atwood being used as learning tools ensured that I would never ever take another English course again. So I appreciate you taking the hit to explain all this to me in a higher fashion that I appreciate but am unwilling to suffer through the coursework to understand.
>>
>>54409995
>Trying to find source on this so I don't look like I'm talking out of my ass
>Can't but find this instead http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/158283202783/theme-day-whos-more-likely-to-return-arlinn-or
I had a sad. There's this and another hint dropped about Kaya coming back already in the pipeline though. But not the exact post about her needing to be WB. I swear I read it somewhere.
>>
>>54410596
https://thenerdsofcolor.org/2016/08/16/the-creation-of-kaya-magic-the-gatherings-first-black-woman-planeswalker/
Didn't read article because I just don't give a fuck. Just providing for the purposes of helping the discussion.
>>
>>54410532
Nah, I'd never be able to write about WotC. Not enough cultural weight behind this sort of pop culture. Doesn't even have the weight of popularity that GRRM/ASoIaF does.

(Not to mention that writing about anything related to race gets you eviscerated by a thousand unthinking and blathering retards unless you parrot Jezebel or Salon.)

For me, the truly painful thing about school is living. There's a reason I write about depression and melancholy and illness...
>>
>>54410646
>For me, the truly painful thing about school is living. There's a reason I write about depression and melancholy and illness...
Love your twitter account man.
>>
>>54410454
It helps that the Mirrans were entirely sympathetic, fighting off the complete inevitability of Phyrexian Invasion. Koth is a wonderful character because of his will to carry on despite the impossible. People like that, a giant middle finger to fate. Samut? What fucking personality does she have? Besides goes fast and is angry at the gods.
That's the difference between a good character and tokenism. Remember that lesbian werewolf planeswalker from SOI?
>>
>>54410630
A response by the Creative Director:
http://wizardsmagic.tumblr.com/post/148459722916/if-you-read-yesterdays-magic-story-laid-to-rest
>>
>>54410630
Thanks
>As I’ve written before, there’s a lot I actually can’t say about Kaya, because much of her backstory is still confidential; her history will be revealed in Magic’s good time, so I’m sitting on a lot of secrets right now.
There's this, also heavily implying she isn't just some rando one shot character.
>>
>>54410685
>Remember that lesbian werewolf planeswalker from SOI?
What? Arlinn wasn't a lesbian as far as I know. We barely know anything about her in fact. She was a token (she was a token old person, in this case older woman), but as far as I recall there was no reference to her sexuality. You're confusing her with Hal and Alena I think.
>>
>>54410685
>>54410722
Also, don't you fucking dare talk shit about Arlinn or I will find you and I will fight you.
>>
Samut is poorly written but that gets lost when every third post is calling her a nigger or some "KANGZ" bullshit.
>>
>>54410685
>lesbian werewolf planeswalker
Do you people even read the story you're criticizing for being too diverse?
>>
>>54410742
WE
>>
>>54410685
>>54410722
>>54410741
The funny thing too is Arlinn is part of the same bracket as Samut in "RG Walkers we kind of didn't need"

The difference of course is that Arlinn is actually a good character. She's got a properly sympathetic an interesting backstory with being a former Archmage of Goldnight, has interesting interactions with the characters she comes in contact with, and frankly my biggest complaint about her is that they just didn't do anything with her in the proper story. Arlinn is a great addition to the team, but she needs to actually have some places to shine.
>>
>>54410767
WUZ
>>
>>54410772
Worst part is, while they did set her up so she could show up on a plane without DFC by having her first story just tell us she's stuck in one form and can't transform, at least on the world she first went to, it seems highly, highly unlikely to me that they would actually do that.
>>
>>54410646
I understand there's no weight behind the property. As such you' (or someone else) would be one of the first to produce a document shitting all over their crap. It would be a document that would be published somewhere in a journal (even some crappy online journal) that players could cite and link forever and repeat ad nauseum because players never forget anything.

And right or wrong it would take another paper to refute it but that won't happen before it becomes as ingrained as the banlist history.
>>
>>54410784
WORTHY N SHEEIT
>>
I wonder where all of you were for the last story thread, which got nowhere near this amount of posts. It's like you don't actually read the stories or something.
>>
>>54410877
I was probably quaffing suicide juice
>>
>Arlinn didn't even show up on card art outside of her own card
JUST
>>
>>54410915
>Have a storyline where monsters and humans are all fighting against the Eldrazi horrors
>Liliana (and Gisa and Geralf) leads zombies
>Sorin (and Olivia) lead vampires (though I guess not against the Eldrazi but against Nahiri)
>Werewolves do nothing despite getting a related planeswalker and also getting their legend???
>>
>>54410877

I was in the last thread, bumming out over the guy who was trying to protect the kid from the Eternals but it turned out the kid was already dead. Also what's-his-face's magical realm with the chick being mind controlled, for the what, 5th-6th time?
>>
>>54410963
Also Thalia and the Order of Saint Traft representing spirits. No spirit walker though.
>>
File: 1440580133424.jpg (20KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
1440580133424.jpg
20KB, 600x337px
>see thread about Story
>Oh great, I can talk with the other anons about today's story-
>Diversity OP post
Fuck you /pol/posters. I just want to talk about Bolas.
>>
>>54410963
not to mention the goddamn DRONEPACK? Eldrazi werewolves everywhere? They should have at least had a story bit of Arlinn and Ulrich fighting werewolf horrors, I mean come on.
>>
>>54411022
what is there to talk about bolas. He's just an evil super mastermind. I genuinely don't get all the hype behind him but maybe it's just rooted in nostalgia. You can say whatever you want about his plans in the future because he's so smart.
>>
>>54410963

There was atleast one card referencing Humans and Werewolves fighting side by side, Savage Alliance.
>>
>>54411027
I forgot about the dronepack. But I havent read the innistrad art book yet so maybe werewolves do do something and it just wasn't in a stoy. I just like Arlinn.
>>
>>54411058
All the Escalate cards feature the tribes of Innistrad working together in some form or fashion. Borrowed cycle had the tribes using the tools of other tribes, Alliance cycle showed random characters from two tribes working together, and Collective cycle all featured one of the Gatewatch working with a tribe iirc
>>
>>54406000
We already have a G/B snakes and poison themed planeswalker, and she's the face character for the next set.
>>
>>54411004
>No spirit walker though.
Outside of Ugin's fuckery, spirits and other dead people aren't allowed to be planeswalkers. You might think Sorin would break the rule too, but Innistrad's vampires aren't technically undead.
>>
>>54411180

Depends on whether being called the Spirit Dragon is just a title or a description of Ugin. He was an Old Walker, so they had some different rules.
>>
>>54409093
The only people who can be racist are whites. Everyone else is just living.
>>
>>54411180
Well yes I knew that. I know my post doesn't imply that I knew that but I was just stating a fact, not really complaining that there wasn't a spirit walker. Most of the more commonly seen vampires so far in magic are not technically undead. Zendikar's vampires aren't, and while it hasn't been stated I don't think we have any reason to believe Ravnica's vampires are either though the reason we don't know is just because they aren't a major race on Ravnica like Innistrad and Zendikar. I'm almost certain they clarified Zendikar's vampires were not undead during BFZ specifically keep open the possibility of a vampire planeswalker from there, since they're very distinct from Sorin. It would be quite ironic if they ended up RB with Sorin being WB.
>>
>>54406762
Honestly it was just Eldrazi overexposure.
If they'd given some time between BFZ and SOI, and let us speculate about how and where Emrakul would finally show up for a while, everyone would have loved SoI.
>>
>>54411022
There's plenty of things to talk about here, from Neheb being wasted as a character, to them thinking blowing up one of the worst looking card arts in the set (Strategic Planning) was a good idea. But no, we have a named black woman as a prominent character in the story, so /pol/ has to show up to talk about stories they don't read for a card game they don't play.
>>
>>54411253
I don't think the Vampires in the Dross are undead either.
>>
>>54411307
People already weren't a huge fan of Eldrazi for messing up what was beforehand a fun adventure plane, BfZ only exacerbated that. And I don't think any amount of time would have changed the negative perception of Eldrazi (especially after what BfZ did to them), nor would it have made people less outraged about Wizards ruining Innistrad by inserting Eldrazi were they didn't need to be.
>>
File: 53.jpg (53KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
53.jpg
53KB, 312x445px
>>54411319
That's a fair point. All I remember about them is they get their blood through tubes, at least the purestrain ones, and they can bleed out.
>>
>>54411307
I feel like this greatly misses the point and one of the good points of the new way they're telling story though. People are still caught up in the old way stories used to be told. We'd get a bit of a story arc at a time over years. Right now they're tell a continuous story over several sets at a time. It wasn't BFZ block story and then SOI story. The BFZ story and SOI story were two parts of the same whole story. Right now it's Kaladesh into Amonkhet, which seems as though it will transition into a mission to put the band back together, which will all be thusly connected to the Kaladesh and Amonkhet story as well.

I'm not saying they're doing it perfect, but I do not think it was inherently wrong to go from BFZ into SOI as a continuation of the Eldrazi storyline. Maybe they need a better way to make the blocks read as related or something, rather than how all previous blocks were generally unrelated from the previous set's story.
>>
>>54410772
Arlinn/Samut/Domri Rade road trip when?
I guess Sarkhan can come too.
>>
>>54411319
Ah, yeah, I don't think so, since the boss of the Vault whose name I forget right now was previously a vampire before being beheaded and becoming a phyrexian Zombie.
>>
>>54411353
I thought gothic horror getting twisted into cosmic horror worked. And it's not like there was any permanent damage to the plane the way Mirrodin got fucked, aside from some prime waifus dying off. A theoretical third block on Innistrad, or even just cards set there in core sets or Commander products, would be back to the same gothic horror we know and love.
>>
>>54411513
It's pretty much Bloodborne.
>>
>>54411390

Sarkhan's only coming if they can go the Dragon Zoo. He only got to spend an hour there last time, he needs more than that! And he wasn't even allowed in the gift shop.
>>
>>54405242
So, Samut is actually a Mary Sue then?
>>
>>54411513
>>54411526
SOI was great, EMN had the problem of both focusing too hard on the gatewatch and not enough on the world, and not having ANY kind of epilogue. They just leave, while Innistrad is in ruins and everything is fucked. Even if we got a tiny kind of denouement, it would have made it great.
>>
>>54411382
If they want to make the Gatewatch into superheroes, which it sure seems they do, they need to learn not to keep entirely killing off villains. The fact that there were 3 Eldrazi gave them a perfect opportunity to let the Gatewatch defeat one, but have the other two lurking as a plane-destroying level threat when they felt like bringing one up, but instead they went and just wrapped it all up.

I mean Emrakul's not technically dead, sure, but now her reappearance has to be tied to Innistrad, which I think does a disservice to both Innistrad and Emrakul in the long run.
>>
>>54411390
I'd really like to see a low stakes story with Domri and some others, like maybe a big monster hunt. They've all come to X plane because there's some giant mythical beast to hunt down and they're all competing to take it down. Maybe Garruk shows up in the second set to turn it into the Most Dangerous Game to protect the beast.
>>
>>54411611

Domri would protect the Beast, Sarkhan would want to see if it was a dragon, and Garruk would pop-up to kill them all because he's gone all "Most Dangerous Game".
>>
>>54409674
It's mostly a single female.
>>
>>54411513

I still think it's a waste of Innistrad, when the story of "plane used to normalcy gets slowly twisted, then in second block goes to hell as Eldrazi pop up everywhere" could be done in just about any other plane just as well. It wasn't a story that was actually about this plane people love so much, it was a story using this beloved plane to tell a dumb Eldrazi story that could have been done elsewhere.
>>
>>54411611
>>54411663
There's actually fantastic potential in Domri and Garruk fighting too, because Old Garruk was kind of Cynical Domri. His old line from his introduction comic "I'm not a monster, I'm a thousand of them" from his creature summoning, plus his background basically makes him a Domri who never had any kind of support or friendship. There's fantastic potential there on both Domri and Garruk's parts.
>>
>>54411663
Kiora and Domri want to compete to tame it.

Ral Zarek can be the "great white hunter" type on safari testing some crazy lightning gun to try and kill it.
>>
>>54409399
stfu elspeth is pure
>>
So now that someone's spark can apparently just ignite from feeling really good, rather than having some immense tragedy happen to them, what do you think we'll get next? Will someone down the line become a planeswalker because they had a really good day at work?
>>
>>54411724
Would it have worked if it wasn't twisting a plane we already knew and loved, though?
>>
>>54411800
This isn't new canonically. Sparks have always just been about the height of emotion, that emotion isn't always tragic.

So yes if someone is happy enough about their day at work they can spark.
>>
>>54411807

But does that plane have to be Innistrad? There are other planes that people know and love, and what I'm saying is that my problem with the story is that there is nothing really tying it to Innistrad in any meaningful way. This shit could have happened on Ravnica, or Alara, or Lorwyn, and the core story of Eldrazi twisting the world would have been pretty much the same. It seems like a waste to go back to Innistrad, only to not focus on the actual goings-on of Innistrad-related stuff, because they're too busy wanking off to their poor attempts at eldritch horror.
>>
>>54411880
>there is nothing really tying it to Innistrad in any meaningful way

I mean, there's the whole Nahiri/Sorin thing. Though that was kind of shit.
>>
>>54411880
I mean, I don't disagree with you, but no matter what plane you did it on we'd have the same problem that it wasn't what that plane originally was that we loved, because that was the point. If it had been Ravnica we'd been upset that the guilds weren't really important, if it had been Lorwyn we'd be upset that it wasn't really about the fairy tale stuff, if it had been Alara nobody gives a shit about Alara.
>>
>>54406762
SOI was great imo, EM was pretty fucking shit
>>
Ok, so I just read the story, and she doesn't kill the scorpion god at all, she just kind of immobilizes him.
By the read of it, a whole pack of them fuck up the god who was ALREADY fighting Hazoret, with possibly the most major blow dealt to it being by an uttely unnamed motherfucker with Rhonas's staff. And from that point they just Gulliver's Travels his ass. With Hazoret actually putting him down
>>
File: WE.png (598KB, 920x412px) Image search: [Google]
WE.png
598KB, 920x412px
Did they made her a PW just because that niggress consultant complained ?
Because I see no point in her becoming PW at the end of the battle neither she wants to leave Amonkhet.
>>
>>54407444
>What is a "native black plane"?

Mirage would qualify there I believe. Which was 100x more awesome than anything Wizards have shat out recently.
>>
>>54406266
I don't remember much about those books to be honest, but THE Teferi moment is when he's released from accidental time prison.
>all of your loved ones died decades ago and you're still 15
>fuckthisfuckthat.gif
>magic tantrum
>>
>>54407932
>We likely ever aren't getting an African mythos inspired plane,

Literally has already happened. http://magic.wizards.com/en/game-info/products/card-set-archive/mirage
>>
>>54405242
>"You have slain my brothers and sisters. But I know it was not by your wish or design. Rest now, brother. May my fires free you from this form and these dark shackles."
SCORPION GOD WAS JUST A VICTIM OF SOCIETY IT WASN'T HIS FAULT HE MURDERED A FUCK TON OF DUDES
>>
>>54412054
Half of the new fucking planeswalkers dont want to leave their goddamned home planes.
Look at all the new ones since fucking The gatewatch shit started.
Arlin Kord - Never seen outside of Innistrad
Dovin Baan - Instantly went back to Kaladesh
Saheeli Rai - literally no indication that she gives a shit outside of Kaladesh
and now fucking Samut who instantly runs back to Amonkhet.
What's the fucking point of these characters? Couldn't ANY of them have just been a series of fucking instants and sorceries themed after a single legendary?
>>
>>54412054
>Did they made her a PW just because that niggress consultant complained ?
>Because I see no point in her becoming PW at the end of the battle neither she wants to leave Amonkhet.
Ity's just part of the mandatory local planeswalker.
You think anyone gives a single shit about weremilf or Saheeli? (I actually had to look up saheeli's name, she's so irrelevant I forgot it.)

>>54412125
Did you miss the story a few months ago where it said that bolas mind controlled the three other gods.
>>
File: Gideon_Jura.png (503KB, 620x603px) Image search: [Google]
Gideon_Jura.png
503KB, 620x603px
>>54405345
>>54405357
>>54405600
Gideon is whatever the fuck wizards wants.
>>
>>54407444
Man, a plane based on Australian Aborigine dreamtime mythology with all the deadly wildlife turned up to 11 would be fuckin amazing.
>>
>>54412150
which is a brown guy now, it seems
>>
>>54412146
the problem is though, that Arlinn and Saheeli are kind of interesting characters who could have done cool stuff but instead didn't get to. Samut does tons of cool stuff in the shittiest way possible.

Also her cards are fucking garbage.
>>
>>54412170
Well yeah. Gideon used to be cool. Can't have the white good guy be a white guy.
>>
>>54412174
>that Arlinn and Saheeli are kind of interesting characters who could have done cool stuff but instead didn't get to.
weremilf was boring as fuck and her existence itself ruined getting a decent werewolf legend, though saheeli was kind of interesting since she made the portal shit

Samut's cards? Her planeswalker is rather blase but her creature's pretty good
>>
File: file.png (799KB, 1024x731px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
799KB, 1024x731px
anything depicting gideon as a shade lighter than this is an evil misogynst racist who must be stopped
>>
>>54412055

Jamuraa is a part of Dominaria, not its own plane.
>>
>>54412228
>though saheeli was kind of interesting since she made the portal shit

That wasn't even Saheeli!
Which goes to show about how memorable and important Saheeli was. And robbing us of a U/R Artificer legend is at least as big a crime as fucking with the werewolf legend.
>>
>>54408149
Poor negro here, we play Yu-Gi-Oh because it is cheaper than magic.
>>
>>54412185
Jace?
>>
>>54412104
How many white people are in that plane?
>>
>>54412306
>That wasn't even Saheeli!
oh shit you're right, i literally forgot it wasn't even her, it was rashmi

that entire block was so mediocre it just kind of blurred together, the only interesting part was the great gatsby
>>
>>54412326
Just let the /pol/tard vent
>>
>>54411800
>NOW
Bolas's spark pleb
>>
>>54412326
Jace is blue.

More important, Wizards is using the 'Jace is overplayed' thing as an excuse to overplay absolutely everybody else that isn't Jace, and that includes two one-dimensional, progressively-uglier lesbians and a literal sociopath who has only been saved from the gallows because revenge is misogyny.

And that's why we have 10 Nissas in standard.
>>
>>54412045
And Bolas will just recast him on his turn
>>
>>54411855
>Chanda gets killed
>All of Kaladesh ignites.
>>
>>54412370
What does being blue have to do with anything? If you're going to backpedal, at least put some effort into it
>>
>>54412392
I'm not backpedaling, all I was saying is that I'm sure wizards doesn't want their ideal representative of the color white be a white guy.
>>
>>54412392
I think their post was about the main white character having a white skin tone, not that there was a good guy who was white.
>>
>>54412411
Why are you associating the colors of magic with skin color? Are you stupid?
>>
>>54412418
not saying that makes any sense or is a good thing to argue about, but it's not backpedaling i think
>>
>>54412420
>Why are you associating the colors of magic with skin color?
I'm not really sure I'm the person to be asking about that.
>>
>>54412355
The only thing we know about Bolas's ignition is that it happened after a big ass war.

Everything prior to this had been stuff like Ajani "realizing the death of his brother," Narset "learning the truth about Tarkir's past," or Ob Nixilis "realizing the futility of life and mono-planar ambitions". Samut ignited due to "acquiring euphoria and joy after being thanked by Hazoret". Senpai noticed her and said hello in the hallway, which caused her to have an existential epiphany and become a planeswalker. Which is fucking stupid.
>>
>>54412385
That part already happened. Scorpion got rekt by Rhonas, Rhonas turned his back on him, then Scorpion got up and Rhonas got snekt.
>>
>>54412477
Dude we've had "it's intense emotions not just horrible shit" for years.
There's a lot of shit wrong with samut but how she sparked isn't really one of them.
>>
File: 106.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
106.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>54412385
>Implying
>>
>>54412512
Except the intense emotions are usually tied to something of weight. Realizing the futility of life, having a traumatic experience like getting your memories torn from you, running away from monsters that destroyed your homeland. Samut sparked because someone said thank you to her.
>>
>>54412385
that already happened twice, he's dead jim
>>
>>54412590
>Samut sparked because someone said thank you to her.
Samut sparked because literally a god thanked her and it was also after killing a giant monster that was trying to kill said god.

The last story's going to be the jacetice league getting curbstomped, Bolas not seeing hazoret and crew anywhere so assuming they're dead, and then just fucking off.
>>
>>54412590
If your God bent down and thanked you personally for saving its life, I'm pretty sure you'd have some heavy emotions too.
>>
>>54412620
Samut didn't even kill the god herself, and from the story didn't even do much in the battle after taking one shot at it. And this is a character that not even a day prior was raving about how the trials were a lie and how people shouldn't trust the gods, but shitty writing has made it so that all of a sudden she also really liked the gods.

Also, still waiting for a modern example of an ignition that isn't in some way tragic (outside of super special Samut, of course).
>>
>>54412678
You should should scroll up then because you're not the first person in this thread to try to make that point. Not even the guy you're arguing with. Just read the fucking thread.
>>
>>54412240
Funko Pop figures are really shit, who even buys those things?
>>
>>54412678
>Also, still waiting for a modern example of an ignition that isn't in some way tragic (outside of super special Samut, of course).

Xenagos partied his way into his spark igniting.
>>
>>54412678
she carved him up a bit but yea she didn't really do that much

I'm not even saying she's a good character, just that the sparking process has been like that for a while. Plus I thought it was supposed to be like 2-3 days.
>>
>>54405357
Looks med to me.
>>
File: maxresdefault-12.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-12.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
>>54405357
Casting for movie when?
>>
>/tg/ it's actually a fun place to talk seriously about a kids card game lore
>been here for 4+ years
>suddenly /pol/ takes over every board
>countless threads baiting on how blacks are in X plane/setting
>being not-americanfag so it doesn't really bothers me... at first
>now every mtg lore thread has some /pol/tard and some butthurt american minority fighting over something it doesn't matter
>no even going to leddit because it's a circlejerk of the complete opposite while riding wotc and maro's dick
>tumblr is a bad joke

Where can I go to talk about the lore without been banned because I say the lore is awful, or shit on wotc and maro about maro or whatever without some assholes fighting over skin colors?
>>
>>54413218
No Goblins Allowed or MTG Salvation.

There you mostly have grognards complaining about the old days.
>>
>>54406837
>I can't wait how natives will be represented in Ixalan.
They'll be black. Just like how they replaced indians in Kaladesh and egyptians in Amonkhet.
>>
>>54407098
If Samut looked like an egyptian there wouldn't be a problem.
Nobody cared about Koth being black because we've seen black vulshok before who look just like him. Nobody cared about Teferi being black because there's a whole not!Africa continent in Dominaria and he looked like he belonged. But then they give us not!Egypt and the most important character has to look like an african-american teenage MAN instead of an egyptian woman like Hapatra.

That is when shit stops being natural diversity and starts being pandering to SJWs.

We already know the native planewslaker in Ixalan is a gorgeous redskin, but there better not be any niggers among the natives, black already got their representation (and not!India and not!Persia and not!Eastern Europe) and it's time for other people to have fantasy cultures based on their own.
>>
>>54405242
>One, Samut needs to be louder, angrier, and be a self-ignited Planeswalker. Two, whenever Samut's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Samut"?
>>
File: shouldhavebeenegyptainanyways.jpg (108KB, 600x441px) Image search: [Google]
shouldhavebeenegyptainanyways.jpg
108KB, 600x441px
>>54412054
http://www.gatheringmagic.com/mikelinnemann-05032017-amonkhet-art-review/

The Art review which I believe is owned/funded by WotC made a BIG FUCKING DEAL about the "colorism" in the set.

>Speaking of realism, the unused sketch from Randy Gallegos has some great looking hair though she’s a healer and it’s a bit unrealistic to not have her hair showing as much. Fantasy, it fights realism even when realism is great.

>And then we come to something worth noting. Perhaps this is where the review begins. Walk with us.

>with insight into how to deconstruct and understand what happened in this image, I reached out to Monique Jones to help with some background into our Honored Crop-Captain here.

>The major flaw with this piece is with the lack of diversity in the characters.

>“But this picture is full of black people!” you’re probably saying. And yes, it is. But something that could block this piece from being a home run in some eyes is how the darker-skinned individuals are in the background, as the character with seemingly the most clout and stature is a light-skinned person, walking toward the foreground, triumphant in her position and status in society.

>this is the picture in question
>>
File: 1463703345901.gif (2MB, 400x286px) Image search: [Google]
1463703345901.gif
2MB, 400x286px
>>54413488
>Colorism has real consequences; and, even in our game, we can and should address how it appears in a game. We can only advocate for mindfulness and strive for improvement. A big thanks to Monique for being available for a mini writing gig to help us understand.

THIS IS WHY YOU NEVER GIVE THESE FUCKERS AN INCH THEY WILL TAKE THE WHOLE GOD DAMN GAME!
>>
>>54406142
>Planeswalker who ignited his spark by cumming too hard when?
>>
>>54409972
yeah, probably. I'm not american so the word just means 'ugly black woman' to me.
>>
File: IMG_3361.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3361.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>54412532
YOU THOUGHT I ONLY HAD ONE IN THE DECK? I HAD A SECOND COPY IN MY HAND THE WHOLE TIME!
>>
>>54408039
Blacks can only see black and white. They're the most racist people in the planet. No matter how much rednecks hate on mexicans on the internet nobody has actually called me a beaner or made other similar racist comments IRL except black people.
>>
>>54409881
Thanks anon, I tried. It was originally made for the Unstable thread when people got excited they will finally get a Spike card
>>
>>54409972
Oh my God, stop being a faggot, this is 4chan, I am not that poster, but where the fuck do you think you are. I say it, NIGGERS, that fucking BITCH CUNT NIGGER wotc hired is killing the game and the fat bitch just shoves more food down her cock hole to mask the pain that daddy left when her mom started to put on weight. And Sumat looks like a fucking MAN, if you told me Sumat was a man, I would be like, ok, cause it looks like a fucking man.
>>
>>54413488
That article is infuriating, because its assuming an artist's choice in lighting to draw emphasis and composition is some kind of personal attack driven by racist sentiments.

Fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>54413463
>native planewslaker in Ixalan is a gorgeous redskin
Pics?
>>
>>54408182
Nigger, you'll be protesting with BLM if they make a "Return to Mirage" and there's a single whitey in sight. Stop being intellectually dishonest just because this time the scraps came your way.
>>
>>54409924
WUZ
>>
>>54413642
All blurry as fuck, shes a steel clad, feather frilled mezo american warrior thats too blurry to tell if its good.
>>
File: IMG_3362.jpg (33KB, 386x365px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3362.jpg
33KB, 386x365px
>>54413610
>>
>>54413677
C-C-COMBO BREAKER
>>
>>54409924
WUZ
>>
File: rix-header.jpg (564KB, 1920x1120px) Image search: [Google]
rix-header.jpg
564KB, 1920x1120px
>>54413642
>>54413691
Official Art of her
>>
>>54413349
What really matters is how theyre gonna do conquistador vampires, considering how they went out of their way to avoid concepts related to colonialism on Kaladesh.
>>
>>54409972
Literally leave 4chan forever. The first unwritten rule of this website is to be rude because anonymouse.
>>
>>54410263
Chandra is a male name anyway.
>>
>>54410293
It reeks of written by committee. She has a shit ton of Mary Sue qualities AND a shit ton of Anti-Sue qualities, but they don't overlap so instead of getting a person we get a monstrous collection of bullet points from an executive meeting room.
>>
>>54410351
Tibalt is so bad he's fun and when he doesn't fuck you up he totally ruins your opponent. Winning with Tibalt is comparable to teabagging.
Samut is just useless, everything she does some other card does better.
>>
>>54410877
Mind control gets stale after a while.
>>
>>54412355
Bolas ignited because the leviathan was beating his ass backwards and he couldn't fathom the possibility of losing.
>>
>>54413488
Black people will never get anywhere in life if they keep thinking like this.
>>
>>54411533
She's probably a self-insert, so likely.
Not sure if her saving people and being a big hero is enough of a qualifier seeing as how everyone on Amonkhet who was against Bolas was performing heroic feats, and plus she is supposed to be the plane's iconic native character.

I hesitate labeling things as "Mary Sue". Too much skub as far as definition.

>>54413218
I'm pleasantly surprised that the thread didn't turn out as bad as it could've been. Then again I've been here less longer than you and have lower expectations with how /tg/ handles /pol/bait.

>>54413488
What these types of "Progressives" fail to realize that politicizing everything is counterproductive to their cause. Escapism isn't a bad thing as long as the people who are escaping are doing it to keep themselves sane from reality or to become inspiried. Traveling towards other places, even fictional, can provide perspective that may help out in real life. Not everything has to be a metaphor, allegory, or parallel. It's ok to have fun or ponder hypotheticals.
I also worry that many people are trying to find political shit in things that are ultimately devoid of political intent. It sucks that the population has collectively resorted to outrage and jumps to conclusions. I'm hoping that our social and political climate de-escalates to the point where we can finally have more well-made women and minority characters that are not the product of try-hards trying to prove that "X is funny/brave/smart"; and also have no shitstorm between the doubters who despair that everything is going to be handled by SJW-minded people, and the praisers who think everyone who is concerned with creative directions that pander to unhinged "Progressives" is a racist/misogynist/homophobe/etc.
I don't really care who started this shit anymore. I just want the sociopolitical pigeonholing to end.

>>54409609
I agree with almost everything you typed in those posts.
>>
>>54413795
With religion, from what we've seen.
>>
>>54412754

No, it was literally:
>Gideon fucks up the LAST trial with Samut
>The second sun moves into place so the gods move to the temple
>the gates open and RazzleDazzle does his thing
>the scorpion God shows up and begins murdering
>the locust God destroys the barrier
>the Scarab God unleashes the eternals
>Bolas shows up
>they kill the scorpion God

It takes place literally over HOURS hence the name of the HOURS they keep talking about.

>>54414379

I hate the label two, but this feels like an honest to god sue. Actually, she's basically Rey from the the nuStarwars.
>>
>>54413782
I'm actually surprised, because she looks genuinely 10/10 sexy. Good job Wizards.
>>
>>54413782
She's looks pissed off. I hope she has laser beams.
If you look to the bottom left of the picture, you can see a pirate between the building pillar and the pyramid-thing.
>>
>>54414159
He was a planeswalker prior to the leviathan battle
>>
>>54414583
I also just noticed the glove that doesn't look like it belongs to either pirate or not!Aztec warrior. Perhaps we'll see some spaniard armor dudes.
>>
>>54414707
Vampires
>>
>>54414707
My bet's on some kind of Solar Fan artifact.
>>
>>54414821
Not that, bottom left.
>>
>>54413782
>serpent dragon banner
Please let this be a sign of creatures to come.
>>
File: 1410992209913.png (262KB, 637x355px) Image search: [Google]
1410992209913.png
262KB, 637x355px
>>54413782
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDEbsZpweDo

Her theme, AWAKEN MY MASTERS
>>
>>54415038
AWAKEN MY RAPTORS
>>
>>54409704
For some stupid reason, instead of asking for actual cool worlds, people are OMG DO MAGIC IN EGYPT NOW DO SCANDINAVIA NOW DO AN INUIT PLANE
>>
File: TG023.jpg (1MB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
TG023.jpg
1MB, 2000x1125px
>>54415296
notScandinavia could be a cool MtG setting, if it was old WotC doing it.
>>
>>54415423
I mean, Ice Age/Coldsnap was kind of janky Scandinavia, but it wasn't quite enough.
>>
>>54411180
Vraska's undead iirc.
>>
>>54413782
>meso Americans having metal armor
Wizards not doing their research I see
>>
>>54415970
Nope.
>>
>>54416181
Inca had lamelar-style bronze armor, generals' were plated in gold.
Aztecs didn't use metal in their weapons because they weren't trying to kill their opponents but capture them for sacrifice, or in their armors because their cloth armor proved not only sufficiently strong against stone weapons but against rapiers as well.
>>
>>54413218
>reddit
>sucking maro's dick

m8 they're pissed off as fuck at the FNM fiasco and at MTGO results being ruined,
>>
>>54414489
Well of course all of that takes place over the course of a few hours, but I thought the first event you were talking about was when they first show up to Amonkhet and Samut runs screaming out about how the trials are shit and the hours are a lie.

>>54412678
>and this is a character that not even a day prior was raving about how the trials were a lie and how people shouldn't trust the gods
>>
>>54411402
Geth was a lich, not a vampire.
He had control of The Last Vampire on Mirrodin though. But then they decided there'd be more of them in the return because they could.
>>
File: roman2.jpg (46KB, 540x299px) Image search: [Google]
roman2.jpg
46KB, 540x299px
>>54413167
THE BIG DOG
ON MY /TG/
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.