[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How's my tabletop pitch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: wasp assassin.jpg (111KB, 700x812px) Image search: [Google]
wasp assassin.jpg
111KB, 700x812px
It's a fantasy tabletop wargame, but instead of being a shitty pastiche of generic fantasy wargames, it's about insects.

Specifically, newly sentient super smart insects created in some vaguely fallout-esque disaster that freshly wiped humanity out.

Armies of Spiders using homemade weaponry from both their silk and things found in the ruins of humanity (like small shards of glass or wires to create daggers and flails) charging into battle against Ants riding a cavalry of trained mice, ripping each other apart.

Butterflies fighting in the sky, using newly created tech to rain hell on the Termites who have infested a JCB and are using not just that, but an alliance with a beehive to wipe them out. Insect factions of all sorts breaking into ancient human tech and making their own from their own research and reverse engineering

Grand, impossibly large battles that only take up a single suburb. Armies fighting to the last claw and wing in order to fend off the hive destroying, godly powerful bears who roam and hunger.

1/2
>>
Sounds cool.
>>
>>54395350
2/2
The game would be played more like a trading card game/grid based than your standard "eyeball and measure" tabletop.

Each unit/race would have two specific traits and advantages, and then more for other ones. Unlike some other tabletops, the concept of mixing armies would be heavily encouraged.

Spiders: Spiders would have a unique Stunning/Trapping ranged attack on some units (replaced by a lunge for others), as well as traplaying. Tarantulas, Jumping Spiders, Funnelwebs, Trapdoors... Lots of options, but they'd be a low tech faction.

Locusts: Locusts would have numbers. They'd come in repurposed vehicles and they'd just jump out en masse, their little guns and everything everywhere. Increased morale so they can't be routed, faster reinforcement summoning and the best movement speed of any race. They'd have good tech, but they'd be fragile because they didn't study armour, only flamethrowers and how to power vehicles.

Bees: Bees would be able to kill anything at their own cost, but it's a risky gamble for larger units. They'd have fortresses on the field to rally behind, and have shitty tech, but just better than the spiders.
>>
>>54395350
>but instead of being a shitty pastiche of generic fantasy wargames
Annnnnnd you lost me.
>>
>>54395591
>trading card game
Aaaaand dropped like a nuke on a hornet nest.
>>
gay
>>
>>54395350
why would I play this when I could play arthropocalypse instead?
>>
>>54395591
So Anachronism with a larger army and bugs?
>>
Minor novelty is not better than tried and true things people like
>>
>>54395350
>>54395591
This just kinda sounds like Starship Troopers but without the humans.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.