[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Based on the names alone which system would you most want to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 05 - gY3hU17.png (199KB, 371x366px) Image search: [Google]
05 - gY3hU17.png
199KB, 371x366px
Based on the names alone which system would you most want to play? Also from just the name what would you guess the system is about?

>Beneath the Wall
>A Gentleman's Guide to Primitives
>Blorg's Ultimate Survival Climax
>Empires of Gold and Jade
>The Practitioner's Handbook
>Mirrorcatch
>>
Beyond the Wall and Other Adventures

OD&D also has great book names
>>
>>54393653
>Beneath the Wall
Like, in the shadow of it, or actually underground?

This sounds delightfully entertaining, but rather narrow in scope.

Use of the word climax makes like rather uncomfortable, and not just in a sexual way.

Marco Polo adventures?

This sounds like it could be a really cool mage-type game.

>Mirrorcatch
Sounds like someone heard "Shadowrun" and went, "Oh, so you just mash two unrelated works together? I can do that!"
>>
>>54393756
>Like, in the shadow of it, or actually underground?
A bit of both.

>This sounds delightfully entertaining, but rather narrow in scope.
The game's entire premise is about being rich european nobles with groups of slaves who do magic for you. Your stats are mainly done via what slaves you own.

>Use of the word climax makes like rather uncomfortable, and not just in a sexual way.
Was going for a japanese gameshow kind of feel.

>Marco Polo adventures?
Post apocalyptic world where new Chinese empire resides in California.

>This sounds like it could be a really cool mage-type game.
Essentially, the main idea is a secret mage war run by hundreds of hidden cabals.

>Sounds like someone heard "Shadowrun" and went, "Oh, so you just mash two unrelated works together? I can do that!"
The setting is mainly centered around looking glasses and 'mirror catch boxes'. Basically using light and mirrors to see the unseen. I can see what you mean though.
>>
File: White guy dibs.jpg (627KB, 601x850px) Image search: [Google]
White guy dibs.jpg
627KB, 601x850px
>>54393653
>Beneath the Wall
PCs are smugglers, digging tunnels beneath the Great Wall of Trump
PCs are british colonists calling white guy dibs.
PCs are getting probed in the ass by ayy lmaos.
PCs are merchants learning to hate the yellow man.
PCs are boy wizards stuck in the dullest franchise in the movie history.
>Mirrorcatch
PCs are playing the crossover of Shadowrun and Alice in the Wonderland
>>
>>54393653
>Beneath the Wall
Not sure. Maybe adventures beneath some giant fantastical defensive structure to keep it functioning and safe?

This one probably sounds the most interesting. I'm picturing it as a sci fi comedy game where you play as alien nobility coming to Earth to study the delightfully backwards natives. You need to balance your need to aggrandize yourself and keep getting funding with not causing too much panic in the locals and maintaining some sense of decorum

You've got me on this one.

Adventures in the deadly decadent courts and brutal savagery of a collection of kingdoms that draw from mesoamerican, chinese, and egyptian influences

Majickal Funne Tymmes playing a ritualist mage in an early modern setting.

>Mirrorcatch
Subterranean weird naval exploration on on ships with solar sails. The title reffers to devices used to gather up the precious little sunlight that enters into the subterrain, which functions as fuel, currency, precious magical reagent, and ward against the True Dark. Basically Sunless Sea meets Veins of the Earth meets Darkest Dungeon
>>
>>54393956
are you the OP? It seems like a lot less fun when you tell us what they're "supposed" to be.
>>
File: JonathanNorell.jpg (623KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
JonathanNorell.jpg
623KB, 1280x720px
>>54393906
>Majickal Funne Tymmes playing a ritualist mage in an early modern setting.
I am absolutely down for all of that.
>>
>>54394040
You're right. Let me remove that post.
>>
>>54394063
>>54394040
There I removed the offending posts.
>>
Bump for potential
>>
>>54393653
>beneath the wall
Some kind of supernaturally constructed wall is keeping adventurers out from ???. Time to set up camp and see if there's any way through.

>A gentleman's guide to Primitives
Play as a missionary/explorer/officer/industrialist and make sure your tribe of helpful savages dominates the region by force, faith, guile, or coin. I'm imagining a competitive board game here.

Hellworld survival with wacky hijinx.

An Asian themed setting or possibly a tomb-raiding adventure

No fucking clue

>Mirrorcatch
Can't get mirror's edge out of my head.

I'd play primitives.
>>
>>54393653
>Beneath the Wall
Some very strange surreal horror or some Redwall-esc adventures as the bugs that live in dark and damp places.
Roleplaying the the heart of darkest Africa.
Weird gameshow/bloodsport, probably a neat idea but very little room for anything outside that one thing.
Adventure the humid SEA region as the Portuguese begin to brush up against the great nations of the far-east.
Selling itself on a highly developed and technical magic system, sadly boring and/or terribly balanced.
>Mirrorcatch
Spy-on-spy games in a cyberpunk future where getting your remote nixed is inconvenient but finding the central control brain (the mirror) is death, pulling off such a hit is getting the "Mirrorcatch".

I want to play the second Beneath the Wall and Mirrorcatch.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.