[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

That Guy/Horror Stories Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 357
Thread images: 63

File: download.jpg (10KB, 266x190px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 266x190px
The other thread hit its bump limit and was largely off topic.

>Want to GM again because it's been a while.
>Offer to do it for some guys at work. One seemed normal and had never played before, the other two were "experienced gamers"
>They're both really into stereotypically nerdy things.
>The two gamers are roommates, they offer to host.
>Other guy brings his wife.
>We walk inside and it's exactly what you imagine a sad nerd den to be.
>Garbage everywhere, empty gundam boxes, replica swords, gaming chairs in the livingroom.
>There's no dining room table, the dining room is just filled with boxes of gaming merchandise.
>They were the types to buy SUPER SPECIAL BOXED EDITIONS of games that came with tons of plastic garbage, which wasn't just confined to the dining room.
>We have to sit on the floor/couch because they don't have a table. They can afford hundreds of dollars in merchandise but can't be bothered to get a table from a garage sale or something.
>The third roommate (not present) was an alcoholic, there were just empty bottles wedged in the sofa.
>Oh boy
>Game starts
>One of the roommates starts talking about a PC from a previous campaign, and how he integrated her into his campaign and made her a god.
>Oh no
>Whenever normal guy or his wife didn't understand a rule, they'd roll their eyes.
>Despite all their hyped up stories about their previous characters shenanigans, they barely roleplayed or took initiative.
>Normal guy and his wife are doing alright.
>The other two are playing it like a game outright.
>Meme jokes, gamer jokes.
>One of them scratches his ass, then smells his fingers. He does this multiple times and normal guys wife notices.
>Normal guy starts taking charge and being the face of the party, his wife is basically face #2.
>Suddenly they care, and interject every time he speaks up.
>>
>>54393603

>They don't offer alternatives, or even roleplay their characters offering alternatives. They just want normal guy to know he's dumb and not a real nerd.
>Their "girlfriend" arrives.
>They are both fucking her while she lives there rent free.
>The last place she lived, she did the same thing, and it ended in a quagmire of drama. Despite the mountain of evidence that this girl is manipulative and nuts, they are both convinced it will work this time.
>I suspect that she's legitimately mentally ill, some mix of bipolar and narcissistic.
>She wants attention from them in the middle of the game.
>Basically sits in the middle of the group and puffs her chest out while making baby talk. It's the least subtle attempt at seduction I've ever seen.
>They want to finish the game.
>She gets mad and storms off.
>We finish the session.
>I try to give them the benefit of the doubt. I didn't want to run another game, but I didn't rebuff them entirely. We were in the military, and I didn't want to sour a working relationship over tabletop games.
>A few weeks, I'm back at their place with some other people from work for a party.
>Come to find out the girl is also banging the alcoholic.
>The alcoholic breaks down and cries during the middle of the party about his divorce.
>One random guy is not buying crazy girls pleas for attention so she slaps him.
>While talking to a married woman he tells her how nice her blouse is and basically starts playing with the fabric near her breasts.
>Everyone sees this and tells him to fuck off.
>"Oh, so everyone is ganging up on me huh?"
>He threw a fit, locked us outside, and spent the rest of the night sharpening knives in the dark while sobbing.

I stopped hanging out with them. Last time I heard anything the alcoholic guy was getting divorced from the bipolar girl.
>>
Most of my bad sessions are just run of the mill murderhobo gameplay, nothing crazy. Has anyone here had a game get physical?
>>
I live out in the middle of the rural us. the closest group of people to me are a bunch of normies.
We meet for anywhere between 2 to 6 hours by the gameplay will only end up taking about 1/4 of that MAX. DM rarely prepares.

Players
>Edge Lord - usually plays a sorcerer or wizard Standard murderhobo who gets uncomfortable if he cant just kill things in any given situation. If there is an option to kill someone he will do it. Will never play standard races.

>Captain Obvious - Extreme murder hobo; wants to just walk up and murder things. It's not the fact he doesn't want to roleplay but, he role plays as someone who has no filter. Sometimes he enjoys going directly against the plot and ignoring any and all plothooks. If there is a rumor of a bandit uprising in the east, he'll insist we go west. If there are rumors of undead rising in the north we go south.
Combine this with the fact his character will openly announce our plans to our foes and any attempt at stealth or subterfuge is near impossible with him around. Try to sneak? he'll tell the enemy about how they're going to get stabbed or shot by the rogue. Try to lie your way out of a situation? he'll attempt to reveal you.

>The only two players aren't worth mentioning

One ending to a campaign went as such
>Go to village to meet the rogue's thieves guild associates.
>By the time we get to the village, they've been caught. The captain of the guards is staging a public execution within an hour. he intends on making examples of out them.
>As they're being marched up to the platform to be hung, we try making a plan to set them free. I'm a bard so I try to make a distraction, to get the attention of the now growing crowd as well as the guards while the rogue sneaks around and sets them free.
>Edge lord mage wants to set fire to a few houses to get their attention
>Captain Obvious announces our plans out loud to everyone, in front of the crowd and several guards. He wants to fight them.
Guess how it ended?
>>
>>54396454

>Combine this with the fact his character will openly announce our plans to our foes and any attempt at stealth or subterfuge is near impossible with him around. Try to sneak? he'll tell the enemy about how they're going to get stabbed or shot by the rogue. Try to lie your way out of a situation? he'll attempt to reveal you

Your DM should be putting a stop to this.
>>
>>54395596

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vsv_vC7keA&feature=youtu.be
>>
>Storytelling VtM campaign
>That Guy makes his character an intelligent and charismatic Toreador
>talk to random NPC
>"I get my gun out and threaten him!"
>"O-okay?"
>"Yeah, I smack him in the head!"
>another player, who's playing ex-mobster Nosferatu asks him why
>"He's a dirty capitalist pig."
>what
>every encounter looks like this
>Toreador tries to beat everyone to death, other players try to get him out of fights and end up talking with people
>few sessions later
>they meet 8th gen vampire, high position in Camarilla
>"I punch him in the balls!"
>"What the fuck, man?" "Shut the fuck up!"
>Finally he stops
>a session later I made him to sweet talk a girl
>"Bitch, let me pass!"
>"You CAN'T do that"
>"Why the hell not?"
>"You're a freaking Toreador, now use your fucking speech!"
>"Alright!"
>"Ooh, girl, you wanna bang?"
>"It doesn't work. Try harder."
>"How?!"
>"Just say what you would say"
>"I don't know how"
>"Then why the fuck did you choose a Toreador?"
>"They are hot and everyone likes them"
>whatdididotodeservethis.gif
>>
>>54396790
God, they're fat.
>>
>>54396967
So you killed him, right?
>>
>>54396967
seriously someone like this would just be dead in the default setting

make an example out of him
>>
>>54397216
>>54397156
Not yet. I'm plotting with other players about how and when I should kill him, I need something grand. I just hope he doesn't screw up the other players by breaking the masquerade or something.
>>
>>54397331
I meant IRL.
>>
Here it is:

>Party is teifling alchemist, Orc bezerker, a naga rogue, a cleric and me, a Paladin
>So they walk down the stairs, and the lobby is right around the corner
>Rogue hears something
>someone creeping up the stairs behind them
>giant cultist cube out for our souls
>Run from the murder cube
>Nobody says shit about the cleric
>He also didn't get the hint
>Rogue just shrugs at me
>DM gives me a weird look
>NEar total party wipe, due to bad rolls. My Paladin is only one left, and on low health.
>Everyone else is bleeding out
>BBEG "Stand down, stop fighting me, and I shall let you live. Join with me, and serve me, and I shall bring back your beloved, gifted with life so she never has to leave you again."
>The rest of the players are silent
>Deal with glares
>Phew
>The dick-ass DM ain't having any of that
>I look at him
>I calmly point his "mistake"
>he becomes visibly upset, draws attention from everyone else
>Won't show it to anyone due to it being shiny.
>silence in the room
>spots the squishy members of the party
>Cleric puts up shields to defend them
>Mishap temporarily averted.
>HOWEVER, not the fallen will ragequit
>Cleric opens a door
>Call bullshit
>DM claims the cleric cast the spell
>Call bullshit on that
>DM's face is anus-red
>>
>>54397478
Are you literally just reposting from the other thread for (You)s now?
>>
>>54397478
I'm sorry, what?
>>
>>54397478

Can you try this again in English?
>>
>>54396454

Captain Obvious should be beaten and tossed out of the party. Either he doesn't know what he's doing or he's deliberately trolling you guys.
>>
>>54396454
>If there is a rumor of a bandit uprising in the east, he'll insist we go west. If there are rumors of undead rising in the north we go south.
I literally don't get it. What kind of man would go south if there is an undead rebellion down there?
>>
>>54395596
Someone literally tackled me over boxing them out in Settlers. We'd been at each other's throats all game, and I thought it was all in good fun, but it turns out they were actually taking it seriously, and this was the last straw. One minute I'm giving a celebratory taunt, and the next thing I know I'm on the ground with a hundred some odd pounds of angry sperg trying to choke me.
>>
>>54397523
This got posted in another thread a little while ago. Anon is just fishing for (you)s
>>
>>54396790
>''a Paladin determines what's good and what's bad''

This is not what a Paladin is at all. That DM is shit.
>>
is there a collection of /tg/ stories? I'm talking about that guy stories, tabletop stories and shit like itt
>>
>>54396790
Is there more context available?

Also, is that the DM saying that any given paladin can just arbitrarily get to decide what is good and what is evil? If that were true then how would any paladins ever fall? Forcing a fall is fucking stupid, but it should be a path that the paladin's player can choose to go down.
>>
File: old school players face meta.png (535KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
old school players face meta.png
535KB, 1280x720px
got a couple horror stories from back when I played Yu-gi-oh! with actual cards
>play more casual decks, but build to compete against meta(I don't enjoy mirror matches)
>generally have middling winrates, enough that I'm enjoying myself, and occasionally get people siding in stuff just to counter me
>most of my locals plays shades of meta
>except the other 'nonmeta' player
>who was jewish as shit
>he did his damnedest to make money wherever he could
>and was a salty, but still cocky fucker
>would constantly hype up whatever random shit he was playing as the next top meta
>loudly bragging that everyone should play his deck
>every time he won, he would get super cocky and start pointing out every single mistake you made
>but every time he lost, he'd get salty and insist you only won because you got lucky or were just playing the OP top meta
>would steadfastly refuse handshakes if he lost, and insist on them if he won
>combine that with every possible jew tactic in the book("well, I was holding onto this, but I GUESS I can sell it...." "Well, I don't really NEED this but if you really WANT TO trade, I'll take *handful of cards not nearly equivalent in value*"
>near the end of my time there before moving
>a 9 year old comes in to play, with 20 dollars cash to spend, and a janky deck
>he has fun, and the store chips in to help him build a competent, but cheap deck
>all of us just hand him the 5-25 cent cards to make the deck
>over stomps THAT GUY, stinking of BO as he always did
>insists to this kid that he NEEDED to run a whole bunch of random garbage that was not actually needed in his deck
>and charges him almost the entirety of what he had
>kid listens to him, buys the cards
>over the next couple weeks, he starts learning his deck
>by the end of the month he's regularly beating THAT GUY, and causing the salt to pile up

cont'd with more stories of THAT GUY, as well as a second encounter with a different THAT GUY at a different store
>>
File: valid question.gif (847KB, 790x446px) Image search: [Google]
valid question.gif
847KB, 790x446px
>>54400737
>For a while, I find out that duel monsters was re-released as Kaijudo
>excitedly pick up the starter boxes and some boosters
>occasionally introduce players to the game, but mostly keep it to myself
>THAT GUY finds out about a new game he can try to rip people off in
>insists he discovered the game first, starts loudly harassing everyone to come play
>a few people start playing, enough that I end up working with the store owner to set up demo days
>we get a steady group of like 5 players
>he continues his extreme jewery and still losing to almost everyone
>go to regionals
>he goes 0-4 and doesn't win a single game, the worst turnout of everyone despite being the only meta deck user
>I go 1-5
>fairly soon after, I get a full time job and summer starts, cutting into my play time, and making me not want to walk in the heat to go play cards
>he constantly harasses me to come play, insists I'm the one killing the local scene(his aggression pushed several players away)
>finally have enough of it, I got tired of coming solely to shut him up
>sell my shit, stop playing
>a few months later, he goes to another regionals and has all his shit stolen
>he stops playing YGO at the big locals store, and starts going to another store with a 5-player base, insists it's the far better store to play at, and tries to harass other ygo players to come play at HIS store
>The only ones who played at the other store were turbo scrubs and children
>He was eventually laughed out of, and banned from the actual competitive store, as well as the local facebook
>I moved out soon after, and a year later started a yugitubing group
>he tried talking shit about me on the page and facebook pages, insisting I was a scrub
>I, as well as the rest of the locals scene, just laughed in his face

and that was the last I ever encountered this scrub. Next post will have the guy I encountered when I moved for college and met another THAT GUY
>>
>>54400737
>>54400851
He sounds like kind of guy you concoct a drink mix that's 90% alcohol so you can forget about them.
>>
>>54400851
>about 6 months after quitting kaijudo, move cities, going to a new locals scene
>locals is a mixed bag, largely nonmeta, but a few meta players
>largely relaxed, tight-knit community
>except for this tryhard
>my second week there, he harassed me for a game as soon as I arrived, while waiting for the tourney
>okay, I'm up for a casual game
>haha nope. Full serious mode, insisting on cutting, playing slowly and meticulously, and raging over any slight variations to tourney regulations
>he's also playing the top meta deck(unsurprisingly)
>whatever, I'm playing random jank, lose spectacularly
>he decides to start lecturing me on playing bad decks
>tourney starts
>he loses his second match, spends the rest of the night sulking
>find out he's a full tryhard who blows food budgets on keeping up with top meta decks
>this is only the beginning
>find out he was banned from the locals group for constantly starting shit
>next week, soon after round 2 of the swiss tourney starts, he suddenly gets up and starts screaming at one of the admins of the group
>insisting he be let back into the facebook group
>sits back down eventually, I later find out he lost his temper after losing game 2(after winning game 1), then insisted upon replaying game 2 because he was distracted
>oh man
>loses game 2 again, wins the match
>next round
>he gets 2-0'd
>has a vocal shitfit, grabs his deck, and runs outside into the parking lot
>THROWS HIS 800 DOLLAR DECK INTO THE PARKING LOT
>one of the MTG players trying to play EDH sees this, goes outside and picks up the cards as he's throwing his tantrum
>hands the deck back
>HE THROWS IT AGAIN
>comes back in halfway through game 5
>I'm playing apparently the only local guy he likes
>he puts his cards down in front of him, demands that he help him 'ensure the deck has a 100% winrate or help him prepare to sell it'
cont'd. also pic related.
>>
File: blacklist.png (136KB, 506x1130px) Image search: [Google]
blacklist.png
136KB, 506x1130px
>>54400948
>he sits next to us, obviously sulking, as the two of us keep playing, shooting the shit and discussing tech ideas since we're both dicking about with bad decks (I'm playing quants and he was playing aromages)
>starts interrupting the game to ask us 'how we can have fun playing decks that lose so much'
>explain how we're not playing to guarantee wins, we're just dicking about and just playing relaxed, fun games
>he glares, doesn't get it
>next week, find out he's spent another several hundred dollars on another meta deck
>rages and sulks again when he loses matches
>find out he's 'afraid of losing' because he literally sees himself as an anime character
>and believes that if he loses, he'll be treated and viewed as trash
>because his shitty uni scene mocks him for losing
>try to explain that his attitude is what gets him mocked and banned, not losing games occasionally
>he continues insisting otherwise
>I eventually get put on his blacklist for 'spreading lies and bullying'
>when all I did was try to calm him down and point out that if he doesn't want to spend so much on new decks, he could just stick with one or just play casually, like most of the rest of the local players did
oh yeah, he had a blacklist too, and legitimately believed people were afraid to be put on it, or hurt/offended by being blacklisted by him. Pic related. this was from before I got added though
>>
>>54397478
>Deal with glares
>Phew
>The dick-ass DM ain't having any of that

the fuck are you even trying to say?
>>
>>54401012
People actually keep lists like that? What sort moron were you dealing with?
>>
>>54401560
The guy literally compared himself to a shonen anime character and couldn't comprehend the idea of a luck-based game being impossible to Solve.
>>
>>54401012
>all of the people blocked (including you) are listed as having either bullied that guy, supported other people bullying that guy, made rude comments about that guy, or some combination thereof
How can one man be this thin-skinned
>>
>>54401583
Jesus how horrifying. I suppose it is a good thing I never got into the card game scene so I don't run into nuts like him.
>>
>>54395596
There's a legendary story on the cesspool known as Giant in the Playground, which ends with the DM getting stabbed in the gut by his fiancee.
>>
>>54395596

Yes. I got two players to get in a fistfight over a love interest. I was basically horrified. It turned out that one dude had his girlfriend leave him for another man, and he was projecting pretty hard.

Like, I had no idea. I kept saying "Guys, she's *not real*" but it didn't seem to help. It turned out that the first guy had a crush on me, and he was even more crushed when I told him I wasn't interested (and already had a boyfriend). It just got awkward after that.
>>
>>54397831
And then you kissed
>>
File: 1353345586161.jpg (17KB, 191x243px) Image search: [Google]
1353345586161.jpg
17KB, 191x243px
>>54402118
Fucking hell.
>>
>>54402118

Sounds like a story!
>>
>>54402141

Basically, the first PC had a childhood companion, and he made overtures to her. But the second PC was secretly dating her, and she ultimately chose the second PC. Mostly because, well, he was a noble, more confident and more classy. I didn't know that this was basically what had actually happened to the first player. She basically told him "It's not that I don't like you, but there's someone I like more."

Then all hell broke loose.
>>
>>54402175
And that someone else was PC2. It's like poetry, it rhymes.
>>
>>54402175
Meh, if that's what you made happen, I don't like your GMing style
>>
>>54402265
>if that's what you made happen
>my childhood companion waifu is reserved for me, that's what my animes taught me
Stop
>>
>>54402265

It was just a subplot. I had NO IDEA the guy would take it so personally. I mean, it was a fair competition and the better man won. Like, she wasn't obliged to pick the guy she grew up with! It would have been dishonest.
>>
Ok kids story time
>fat fuck at local comic shop
>customers complain about his HORRIBLE god awful smell
>seriously this guy smelled like rotten ass cheese
>management tells him to leave and come back when he does something about his hygene
>fatty ding dong comes in 10 minutes later smelling like rotten ass cheese and FUCKING LYSOL
>This guy drenched himself in lysol or febreeze instead of taking a goddamn shower
>was told to leave again
BUT WAIT THERES MORE
>the next day, someone tells the management about him being a registered sex offender
>turns out he diddled a 9 year old girl in a wheelchair
>fatass walks in the door
>gets his ass chewed out instantly, banned for life, manager said some colorful things
Fuck you, Steve Bushman, i hope satan shoves a wheelchair up your ass in hell
>>
>>54402285
Unless you're playing some sort of "rose of Versailles" romantic RPG (and why would you), there's literally no point in frustrating a player like that.
At the first sign of overture, she should have cleared the situation, none of that "secretary dating" bullshit that let expectation build in the meantime.

But hey, it's not like we play RPGs to enjoy ourselves, right?
>>
>>54402323
*Secret dating, fucking autocorrect
>>
> First session with new group, all level 1-2
> Takes half an hour to decide where we're going
> Find a town harassed by bandits
> Make a plan to ambush them so the townsfolk don't get hurt
> Fuck it we'll just start a bar fight
> Um, ok
> Bar gets rekt
> Bandits are losing the fight, turn to flee
> Nope, gotta hunt down every last one to prevent an alarm
> We're literally shooting these people in the back as they're running
> One of them made it out of the gates, but he's on foot, and we have a knight
> Guy on foot gets run down with a lance in his back
> "Alright, everyone mark XP"

I feel so dirty
>>
>>54402323

It feels weird and vaguely gross to just roll over like that. I mean, it really could have gone either way, and I was glad to have the PCs invested in something other than mass murder.
>>
>>54402323

No offense, but you sound like you have an inordinate fear of being cucked.
>>
File: 1497981277297.gif (45KB, 560x582px) Image search: [Google]
1497981277297.gif
45KB, 560x582px
>>54402175
This is the kind of inter-party drama and intrigue I wish I could pull off as a GM. Shame your players suffer from terminal autism.
>>
>>54402356
I don't mean she should have chosen the childhood friend, it's the secret thing that I disagree on.

I mean, how much time passed from the first sign of interest from the childhood friend, to the reveal of the other guy's interest?
For the players, I mean, not in game.
>>
>>54402371
Haha could be
>>
>>54396790

>shoves the dude
>really?

Should have socked that fat fuck in the gab
>>
File: 1498596435456.jpg (25KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
1498596435456.jpg
25KB, 665x574px
>>54397478
>>
>>54402378

About a year.
>>
>>54402313

Fuck you Sam, that girl wanted it and I do NOT smell like ass cheese.
>>
>>54402462
Wow, that's a lot of frustrated expectation going on.

And was it in some way connected with the main plot?
Now I'm genuinely curious about the campaign.
>>
>>54393603
>>54393819
Ouch, sounds really dramatic and painful to say the least.
>>
>>54402175
While I agree that those two went overboard, I must ask what did you think would happen with the party itself after all of this would come up?

Did you think that their characters would just shake hands and be over it?
Because the best case scenario from that point seems to be the party breaking up, and worst being them killing eachother characters.
>>
>>54397391
Good. I find pigs work best
>>
File: dogicide.jpg (59KB, 482x523px) Image search: [Google]
dogicide.jpg
59KB, 482x523px
>be me (20 years of age)
>friend invites me to his DnD group (5e)
>last time I played DnD was 2e ages ago
>learning new rules, enjoying simplification
>get to host's place, it's clean and tidy with plenty of space
>everyone brought food or drinks
>think to myself "this is too good to be true, what's gonna fuck up"
>roll a sorcerer as no one wants to play a heavy caster
>two people pick paladin (uh-oh)
>session after session these "paladins" prove to be the worst players ever
>one paladin is tricked into holding a bomb-like device meant to kill a pure-of-heart person holding it
>before timer goes off, paladin hands it to child without blinking and party moves on
>DM too autistic and lonely to piss off his only friends by making paladins fall
>paladins later kill my character for slaying too many sahuagins INHERENTLY EVIL BEINGS
>I fight through it
>roll bard and press on with party in underdark
>subterranean lake, ice devils kidnapping people from floating town
>paladins MAKE A DEAL WITH THEM FOR SAFE PASSAGE
I never played with that group again, made me want to kill myself
>>
>>54402079
link?
>>
>>54398114
Maybe that is how that person is playing a paladin. Maybe that is what paladins do in that world. You don't know, so don't call a DM shit when you only hear 1 sentence.
>>
>>54396454
I think Captain Obvious is just a retard or a grade-a dick if that is what he odes with all his characters. baka.
>>
>>54400737
>>54400851
Who even plays Yu-gi-oh nowadays?
Who even played it ever?
>>
>>54401012
This level of autism is so high i cannot imagine the afflicted being a human being
>>
I basically got put off a RPG games forever because of a shitty GM for my first ever RPG that I didn't realize was so bad till later.
>never came prepared with a story
>not even a map of where we were
>never deviated from the standard DnD/PT lore and creatures, no original concepts.
>had DMPCs, many of which were ripped from anime characters, all much stronger than the rest of the party.
>never really tried to quell the that guy meta bullshit but always argued with players whenever they were not being serious/joking around occasionaly.
>ran lots of obscure references and inside jokes in his games.

Anyone ever had a really bad first time experiance in RPGs?
>>
>>54404228
About the map thing, don't forget that you are a character in the world, draw your own map of the world as you see it. Ask your DM to give you basic info so it isn't 100% garbo.
>>
>>54404248
That game is basically dead at this point, that would been a good idea but the GM was pretty lazy so he possibly wouldn't of thought of much info, plus a lot of the campaign took place in the underdark any hows.
>>
File: 1472997868511.jpg (49KB, 596x628px) Image search: [Google]
1472997868511.jpg
49KB, 596x628px
>>54402516
Fucking kek, nice one.
>>
>>54403422

See, we're all grown adults, and we're playing an RPG. I honestly thought it would just be resolved. Like, you take your simulated victory for bragging rights.

I didn't expect those two idiots to punch it out right there.
>>
>>54404228
> Anyone ever had a really bad first time experiance in RPGs?

my first time was some 5e homebrew, my character was a homebrew pregen, I didn't say anything until my name was called in combat. I wasn't invited to the next session.

I mean, sure, I was a wallflower, but the GM didn't try to engage me at all.
>>
>>54403619
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?95189-New-Worst-Session-How-Lanky-got-hisself-stabbed!
>>
>>54402079

>cesspool

How so? I get that many people here don't like OotS, but is there a deep running rot that I'm not aware of?
>>
>>54404457
Just to make it clear, I'm not making excuses for these two stooges beating up eachother, but making an observation as a fellow GM.

>See, we're all grown adults, and we're playing an RPG.
That is true, but adults get emotionally invested in fiction (books, games, movies etc.).
Perhaps you are a great GM and get your players easily invested into your games.

>I honestly thought it would just be resolved.
My main question from previous post was refering to that: how did you expect that situation to be resolved?
And another one: did these two hint it to you in any way that they are very invested in this subplot, even more than main one?

>Like, you take your simulated victory for bragging rights.
Nothing of the sort, I'm just putting my understanding of human behaviour and empathy to use.

If PC1 would get in-game emotionally scarred by actions of PC2, what reason would he have to stick around and endure it further?
If that emotional investment would be too great to bear, it would overtake logic and dull common sense in PC1 actions, resulting in a fight.
Both of these outcomes I can understand, as emotions / emotional pain can bypass PC logic.

So, PC1 either leaves the party and rerolls or fights it out with PC2 and depending on victor that person rerolls.

Perhaps there were more variables to this story, but this is all we know so far in this thread.

On a sidenote, if my players decided to go MMA I'd just toss the one that started shit out through the door.
>>
>>54404959
And that, kids, is why you don't stick your dick in crazy.
>>
>>54405024
Imagine everything wrong with play-by-post games.

GitP is the ur-example of all of them.
>>
>>54405066

I typically avoid PbP due to being too slow, so if you could elaborate...
>>
>>54393819
>that one guy who always makes it clear to everyone that LGBTQTTTBBQ+ is super cool and everyone should support it
>the guy who respects all the women and roleplays as a super nice guy(tm) and identifies as a queer demi-semi-pansexual snowflake
>>
>>54402285
Two dudes love the same woman is the driving factor in A FUCKING LOT OF TRAGEDIES

THE WORD TRAGEDY SHOULD FUCKING TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT MAY BE BAD FOR PARTY COHESION
>>
>>54393603
>First session in a long time last night
>Feeling good, party has a set objective to complete from previous session so we hop right into it
>Goblin in our group calls himself "Skarsnik" and immediately just starts wailing: "I'M DA BOSS!!!" over and over again
>Other player is a Tiefling Paladin (he calls himself a Daedra ....)
>Fight breaks out with some goblins
>He walks away mid fight and starts looking for animals to talk too
>w h a t
>Other player is a Witch Doctor who monologues in a shitty Jamaican accent every spell and endlessly looks through his spellbook
>just. to. fucking. cast. eldritch. fucking. bolt.
>last player is an ex-pirate and the only semi-normal character
>winds up randomly getting up from the table when a friend unexpectedly shows up
>begin to drink more alcohol to try and give myself motivation to keep this game alive

It got progressively worse and worse as the night went on. The """Daedra""" would just walk away from the combat zone and just start doing random investigation checks trying to look for animals to talk too. I'm not even kidding.

It took them well over half an hour to fight 7 fucking goblins.
>>
>>54405255
Oh and to absolutely no one's fucking surprise about an hour into the session our beloved "DAEDRA" got "BORED" and fell asleep at the fucking table.

The entire time the Goblin is continually SCREAMING his lines out in a nasal voice, the Witch Doctor has no fucking clue what is going on and the Pirate is AWOL from the table.

After the session they couldn't figure out why it took so long to kill SEVEN FUCKING GOBLINS. LITERALLY POINT AND FUCKING CLICK. FOR FUCK SAKE
>>
>>54405029

Yes, but it's a *game*. I don't expect a player to have an emotional breakdown if his PC dies. I mean, we're just sitting around this table.

More, it would be really stupid if he just won the girl for no apparent reason. I did not, at any point, say that she was going to be his love interest. I just introduced an NPC for the players to interact with.

Not getting the girl isn't the end of the world. It would be the worst kind of entitlement for her to just go "Oh, he's my childhood friend, he wins me by default." I'm not sure I have the words to describe how fucked-up that would be.
>>
File: 10 - dEHwUm7.png (56KB, 742x770px) Image search: [Google]
10 - dEHwUm7.png
56KB, 742x770px
>>54393819
>spent the rest of the night sharpening knives in the dark while sobbing.
>>
File: anime_betrayal.gif (224KB, 853x527px) Image search: [Google]
anime_betrayal.gif
224KB, 853x527px
>>54396790
>>
>>54405350
>Not getting the girl isn't the end of the world
>wheredoyouthinkyouare.jpg
But mostly it just sounds like you tripped over that guys emotional baggage. Better luck next time
>>
>>54397478
10/10
>>
>>54402343
>playing Dungeon World
>>
>>54397391
So did I.
>>
>>54405321
>LITERALLY POINT AND FUCKING CLICK.
What exactly were you playing?
>>
>>54405350
Do you legitimately have autism?

How did you expect this to go down in-character, even if it didn't provoke an OOC response? A PC seducing another PC's long-term crush behind his back is not something that ends well.
>>
>>54402371
Is there something wrong with that? Like for real, who in their right mind wants to be cucked
>>
File: 1473631772124.jpg (230KB, 1456x1312px) Image search: [Google]
1473631772124.jpg
230KB, 1456x1312px
>>54405350
>it's a *game*
not two breaths later:
>I don't have the words to describe how fucked up [a relationship being game-y] would be
I dunno man I think two people vying for the same chick is a recipe for disaster, shoulda just had the second guy get told like "sorry but I don't wanna hurt PC1" and avoid every potential Maniac Manchild Massacre that could result from the alternative
>>
>>54405548
DnD 5e. Combat is a fucking breeze but the players were so unbelievably autistic.
>>
File: Fedorian Ranger.png (891KB, 1672x4408px) Image search: [Google]
Fedorian Ranger.png
891KB, 1672x4408px
>>54402295
Are you the GM of this dude?

My story has been told here before, but I'll share a quick recap.
>Suggest Rifts to people that have never played anything more than 3.5
>Dude literally pulls his pistol out.
>Announces to the room, "See this? This is the safety switch."
>Presses it, and points the gun at me.
>Laughs like this is the funniest thing in the world.
>Grabs another player's character sheet, and hides the pistol behind it.
>"Look! Now no one can say they saw me shot at you!"
>Leaves after he says, "No 6 hour character creation for me!"
>Never invite him back.
>Played Rifts the next week.

One of the scariest moments of my life; I think I handled it well, though. I didn't budge or flinch; Plus, if he did, I'm pretty sure my friends would've gotten him.
(The first session was definitely the best one I had ever ran.)
>>
>>54405610
>Excellent GM advice

Well put mate
>>
>>54402175
Dude, you literally created a cuckolding scenario. You're too autistic to understand how most players would react. Even the most emotionally detached player would be annoyed for wasting their time, deceiving them, destroying the party cohesion, and possibly destroying the characters entire motivation.
>>
>>54405735
That's creepy as fuck; did you know the guy, or was this the first time you met him?
>>
>>54405735
I feel like this is a sane and rational response to being asked to play Rifts.
>>
>>54402175
You put into motion the plot to the average Opera Seria and expected for no rapiers to come out.

Even if the players were good sports, you would expect to get in some shit like Eugene Onegin or Orlando Furioso over that.
>>
>>54405350
>Yes, but it's a *game*. I don't expect a player to have an emotional breakdown if his PC dies. I mean, we're just sitting around this table.
I understand what you mean, but what I was trying to present was logical behavioural course of action from in-game character perspective.
Wherether or not the players themselves are sane enough to differentiate fiction from reality... well, can't do much about that.

>More, it would be really stupid if he just won the girl for no apparent reason. I did not, at any point, say that she was going to be his love interest. I just introduced an NPC for the players to interact with.
>Not getting the girl isn't the end of the world. It would be the worst kind of entitlement for her to just go "Oh, he's my childhood friend, he wins me by default." I'm not sure I have the words to describe how fucked-up that would be.
While I don't have opinion on who should've gotten a childhood friend waifu, I think you are looking at it from wrong perspective.
It did not matter which PC of the two would win the girl, what matters is that the other one would lose and blame his teammate for it.
In these two possibly chosen outcomes, they'd go at eachother's throats and destroy their party from within. And on top of that, it would be justifiable from roleplay standpoint.

There is another option, as she could've chosen someone else than those two, in result banding them closer together against the third man.
Also, seeing how situation is getting unstable, you could've had her killed by BBEG minion to send them down your plot road.
>>
>>54405792

The DM sounds like a femanon.
>>
>>54405824
Now that you mention it, it seems very likely
>>
>>54405792

The thing is, they weren't lovers! They weren't even dating. The girl was just taking his attentions, because they were flattering. She hadn't made any commitment whatsoever. This was light, casual flirting at BEST.

I mean, I was stepping into a minefield here, but I was under the impression it was friendly competition between the two guys.
>>
>>54405806
This. Unless it's Savage Rifts, of course.
>>
>>54405558

I thought he'd shrug and let it slide. I mean, it's not like he couldn't land some other girl who, I dunno, liked him for his personality or something. It's just that this particular girl was interested in someone else. There was genuinely nothing malicious about it, it was just a sideplot to the world-saving quest.
>>
>>54405805
This was the third time I'd met the guy. He seemed alright, too.
>>54405806
You might be right. The rules are an absolute hot mess, but I love the fluff. The bad thing about it, was we were all throwing things in the pot to play next, because the previous DM had said he no longer wanted to run games, and just wanted to play. He was more than able to offer an alternative, as it was a group decision.
>>54405888
Checked
Nah, breh. Regular ass old Rifts. Totally backed the kickstarter.
>>
>>54405824
Once again women prove to not have souls.
>>
>>54397478
Saw this posted the first time. Wonderful to see pasta born like that.
>>
>>54397523
>giant cultist cube
>murder cube

I have no idea what you're on about, but those lines made me imagine the /k/ube sneaking around attacking people in some kind of giant cultist robe.
>>
>>54405792
>Two people aren't even in a relationship, just friends
>One person decides they like another person and want to date them
>This is literally cuckolding
>>
>>54405792
>being so insecure that a fantasy pseudo-cuckolding occuring to your character sends you into a fit of rage
>this is understandable

sometimes I forget where I am
>>
>>54406144
Here you go anon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTH7BBe2D78
This should help.
>>
>>54393603
>Starting a new campaign with my regulars
>One of them wants to bring his normie friend
>Apprehensive but I say okay
>First session, the dude shows up
>1000% chad
>Looks like he chugs creatine and lives in a gym
>Whatever, let's just get started
>We start making characters, the system is 3.5
>Chad tells me he's not a huge fan of 3.5
>It's been about three seconds and I'm sick of his shit
>"If you're going to complain the whole campaign then just leave"
>He completely chickens out and backs down "I'll play, I was just saying..."
>We all put our beefy gaming laptops on the desk
>Dude pulls out a pencil and a fucking paper character sheet
>And an actual physical player's handbook
>"The fuck is this?"
>I grab the book, he starts getting upset about cheetoh fingers or whatever
>"Relax I licked my fingers clean dick"
>I'm about to slap this little bitch, take a puff of ventolin before he gives me a fucking attack
>Then he tries to snatch the book away
>Tell him to leave
>"Alright dude, sorry it didn't work out" he starts packing up his shit
>Backed down like a bitch again
>he slams the door as he leaves
>The vibrations knock down a stack of dominos boxes
>Pizza crusts fly everywhere, a colony of roaches crawls over the rest of the game group
>They devour all of our flesh within seconds

Fucking normies
>>
File: Chaos laugh.jpg (2KB, 125x83px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos laugh.jpg
2KB, 125x83px
>>54406203
kek
>>
File: IMG_0762.png (250KB, 716x716px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0762.png
250KB, 716x716px
>>54406203
>>
>>54405856

You keep saying "she didn't love him" and "they weren't lovers!" As if it's something that you didn't just make up.

The character obviously asked for the character to be involved because he wanted her as a love interest a d you said "oh well she doesn't love you, that'll be fun"
>>
>>54406111

Character was thought up by PC as Pcs love interest

It sounds like cuckolding to me, you guys keep say I g she didn't have feelings for him, but obviously when HE INVENTED HER she did, and the DM decided not
>>
>>54406240
>laughforants.jpg
>>
>>54406330

What's the point of introducing an NPC if there's no interesting subplot?
>>
>>54405558

Presumably if they're travelling around for a long time and they're doing important shit, they'll have other reasons to stick together.

Being betrayed sucks and it'll likely come to blows, but it doesn't necessarily mandate the murder of the other person. And there's literally no excuse for it provoking an OOC response to that level.

Being inter-party conflict averse leads to pretty boring hivemind decisions being made and a lack of complexity in the party's relations to each other and the world around them.
>>
>>54406483
The same plot would have worked infinitely better with another NPC instead of another PC because when it's versus another PC one of the players is inherently going to lose whereas if there was another NPC involved, he character would have had a chance to succeed. It almost feels as if the DM like the other players character better by the way she says he was a Noble, richer and more confident
>>
>>54406564

Confirmed female DM projecting into the Pcs female NPC
>>
>>54406564
You're right on most points, but

>It almost feels as if the DM like the other players character better by the way she says he was a Noble, richer and more confident

Is bullshit and you know it, dude. If someone's character is all of those things, then it's only logical NPCs are going to like him more.

This is basic human interaction.
>>
>>54406203
>>
>>54405856
To be honest, friendly or not, a competition of that sort does not remain friendly. Either one party leaves (which could just be the PC not the player) or the conflict escalates at a later date. Even in an RPG, such activities cause too many negative feelings in many people. Feelings that only get worse with continued exposure to the situation. This is why so much fiction that features this kind of conflict features either one or the other leaving/dying, or the entire group breaking up. You made a Kobayashi Maru.
>>
>>54405818

Turning it into a generic love interest dies for cheap drama story would be super lame. Having two dudes band against a third dude to 'win' a woman would be weird as well, because presumably they're going to you know.. turn on each other or somehow share her between them afterwards?

I don't see why you'd avoid inter party drama just because of possible and unknown OOC baggage of being terrified of cucking.
>>
>>54406684
Because this kind of inter-party drama breaks campaign.
The best result you can hope for is that one PC leaves the party and the player needs to reroll.

The worst result, well, we already know.
>>
>>54406764
*breaks the campaign, sorry.

In soviet Russia campaign breaks you
>>
>>54406764

Or the characters have something more important that they need to do than get their dick wet? They can punch each other, get broody and hate each other whilst still working together. And characters could eventually learn to get along after that as well.

There is no requirement for them to murder each other or one of them to go into exile, especially when they've got other party members that can act as mediators and calm the situation down.
>>
>>54406684
It's not really thqt. The problem here is that for a lot of people (guys included) romantic success is strongly tied to self worth. No matter who "won", one person was going to feel valueless,. Even if both parties managed well out of game, in game it would either cause one or the other of them to feel the need to prove their value (escalating the situation further), or the player would no longer feel comfortable playing them.

And I'm certain some people find this kind of drama fun, but to be honest I just consider it too much of a potential disaster, and too likely to end in interparty violence.
>>
>>54406809
Keep in mind this is not a pick-up competition on a bar wench, this shit has been going on for one year of real time behind one PC back
>>
>>54406809
The question is not can they still work together but whether the players will still have fun doing so. And the answer is questionable, because this is the sort of drama that bleeds out into irl easily for even the best players. You may have ruined a friendship.
>>
>>54406684
The plotline was already cheap drama. That suggestion just saves it from being campaign destroying drama.
>>
>>54406834

I really think that's more of an issue with players being unable to seperate IC from OOC if it comes down to that. Like, if as you said, the character feels valueless and a need to prove their value that opens up A PILE of new potential story hooks - what if the aggrieved party suddenly starts acting more heroically, or more recklessly or is just constantly trying to get validation from people? Loss and feelings of powerless/adversity are really powerful for when it comes to fleshing out characters because if things always go to plan then you never really see the character develop or at their low points.

I can respect that this is maybe not what all gamers go for, but I don't think its really fair to blame the GM for trying to achieve that sort of playstyle. For all we know they could've done similar things in the past with the same group and gotten good responses but that this time something was different for that one individual player who snapped.
>>
>>54406955
Sorry, but if you try something like this, without being positive that it will not crash the campaign, either you don't care, or you're a shitty GM
>>
>>54402175
>secretly dating
Fuck off with that. Look at it from PC1's perspective: he introduces a backstory character and makes his expectations clear. You and PC2 then spend a year conspiring to subvert those expectations, and then spring it on him without warning. No shit it's going to come across as mean-spirited.

As a dozen others already pointed out, you could have seen the storm brewing from a thousand miles away. What on earth did you expect?
>>
>>54407026
My guess is, not a literal fistfight over an imaginary girl?

I mean, I think that's a fair expectation for someone to have.
>>
>>54406955
I won't disagree that this opens up a lot of potential plothooks, bur this really is something that should have been agreed on between the PCS and the DM beforehand. Partially because of air action, partial because this kind of drama can change how a player feels about their character. It can make the game less fun, and ruin the players relationship with other players -- especially if neither side is prepared for it.

And in this case, there was no forewarning or preexisting agreement.
>>
>>54407063
If you don't want to start a fight, don't set up a plot event that causes two players to compete over something with irl emotional hooks without at least asking them first.
>>
>>54406997
>>54407026

I wouldn't expect a meltdown like this from my group. They like a little drama and don't see themselves in their characters. You can fault the GM for not being more clear about the fact that interpersonal conflict might come up, but I don't think love triangles automatically destroy a game.
>>
>>54407107

Stop defending people punching each other irl over a game. Holy shit.
>>
>>54407113
That's exactly my point: it's not a certainty, but it's a significant possibility.

You know your group, and you know they can handle this; that GM, obviously, didn't.
>>
>>54407131
This
>>
>>54407131
Noone Is defending the crazy fistfighters, we are saying this is a case of That GM as much as That Player
>>
>>54407203

"if you don't want to start a fight.." is putting the blame solely on the GM, not the one throwing the punch and makes it appear like it was a rational decision that was made by rational people.
>>
>>54407131
I'm not. I'm also not defending you.

They’re stupid, but you're the one who invited a skinhead and a Black Panther to talk radio. You put them in an emotionally charged situation without asking if they were okay with it. Their antics don't make up for the fact that what you did was still bad DMing.
>>
>>54407244

I'm not the GM.
>>
>>54407227
I suppose Anon meant a fight between PCs, not players.. I hope..
>>
>>54407227
True, and that wasn't what I meant. The fight was still dumb. But the DM was still responsible for creating a situation that doesn’t often end well with most groups, and then getting defensive when a worst case scenario occurred.
>>
>>54407131
No one's defending that. Violence is an irrational response in most situations; no fucking shit.

The game itself is incidental. The problem is the DM and another player basically planned for a year to play a shitty joke on their friend. Even a reasonable person could absolutely be expected to just pack their shit up and leave.
>>
>>54406188
>it's ok to have autism

At the end of the day, it's just a game
>>
>>54407244
I don't see how, it's just how the narrative went. To be honest I don't know how that kind of thing could be kept a secret, especially if the cuck cared that much about the character. And if it was that much of a problem for that character why didn't they address it earlier and say 'hey this is too much for me'. Seems to me that the cuck was emotionally immature and this kind of thing can be hard to spot.
>>
>>54407253
Fair enough. Doesn't change my argument.
>>
>>54407290
This
>>
>>54407203
No, it definitely isn't. They're the ones who chose to start a fight. The GM might be at fault, yeah, but there's a reason why if someone calls someone names at school and the other guy punches them, there's only one of them getting expelled.

Maybe the GM put them in a crappy situation. Maybe the game of pretend put them at emotional distress. But one side is clearly far more at fault than the other, and I'll give you a hint: It's the one that decided it was acceptable to punch someone over a glorified game of pretend.
>>
>>54407334
Yeah, you're describing a textbook case of That GM, mate
>>
Of the few times I tried roleplaying games, the DM would sigh with every decision I took as if it was somehow the wrong one. Admittedly I was a bit weird and socially awkward back then, but his attitude didn't help.
>>
>>54407369
Man, that's a shitty thing to do
>>
>>54407361

That GM usually implies a shitty attitude and incompetency. At worst this is a simple scenario of misreading her group, with little intent to actually harm or punish people. People are very hard to truly read, I bet if you had told the dude who did the punching this story a year ago he would've laughed at the whole idea of someone getting violent over a love interest in an rpg.
>>
>>54407361
So you're that GM if you make it so that a character has a bad time, or is it that they had one players actions and situation put one of them in a good place and the other in a bad place because of their decisions, like real life. I don't see why GM's need to make it sunshine for everyone all the time.
>>
>>54407361
Reread my post, and tell me where I denied that they were that GM. I'm denying that they were at equal fault here.
>>
>>54407334
I agree that the fistfight in players are at fault. But as it stands, the DM could and should have avoided the situation, and should be capable of seeing why people might take it personally.
>>
>>54407413
Fair enough
>>
>>54407403
You're a bad DM if you let a player broadcast his expectations of the story for a year, while "secretly" planning with another player to subvert them entirely, without dropping any sort of hints along the way. It is entirely reasonable to perceive that as malicious behaviour.
>>
>>54407403
Games are more fun when everyone is having fun.
>>
>>54407403
Because playing RPGs is supposed to be enjoyable for all the parties involved, maybe?
>>
>>54402295
>>54402356
> Like, she wasn't obliged to pick the guy she grew up with! It would have been dishonest.
>It feels weird and vaguely gross to just roll over like that
kek this guy has to be a woman. Which would explain why s/he thinks the woman did nothing wrong by secretly dating another PC for no fucking reason.
>>
>>54407334
>>54407459
>>54407421
So now we're seeing people fight over a fight over a fight between fictional people.

We need to go deeper. Someone fight me over this.
>>
>>54407402
Not incompetency, perhaps, but that's a pretty shitty attitude she had in the year leading to the incident
>>
>>54407469
Yeah I guess, I don't see the fun in everything turning out okay for them. What's the point in having a story if you know things are going to work out perfectly, everytime.
>>54407459
I don't see how this would be a secret is the other player literally waiting until the first one has their back turned then grabbing paladin and running away. Realistically when you're courting someone it'd be pretty obvious to the paladin if he's trying to hide that he's courting her, it kinda seems like the other player wasn't paying attention and expected to be handed this girl instead of putting in the effort. If he wanted her that badly you'd think he would notice something in a years worth of time.
>>
>>54407525
Hey you, fuck you
>>
>>54407525
No, this is more than deep enough, faggot. We should've stopped ages ago you skub loving bitch.
>>
>>54407484

No reason, being they're attracted to them rather than because they grew up with another dude who they're not as attracted to.

Unreciprocated romantic overtures and proximity to a person does not mean that this person has to fuck you.
>>
>>54406203
To be candid, it seems like the "that guy" in this group is you.
>>
>people defending players who assault others over imaginary characters

These people are ADULTS. The expectation is that they can separate IC from OOC. If one guy has had trauma that the game recalls, it's not the GM's fault, as long as it's not over the top. As far as I can gauge, the PC wasn't even in a relationship with the girl, so it wouldn't make sense for him to get that livid over it. For example, if a player has had a parent die (that they never told anyone) and they get mad because their PC's parent dies, it's not the GM's fault, they're just trying to make an interesting story for their player.
>>
File: thatsthejoke.jpg (31KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
thatsthejoke.jpg
31KB, 600x450px
>>54407596
>>
>>54407539
The DM literally said they were "secretly dating". That's precisely what sinks any sort of defense of the situation, for me. It doesn't make any sense and just seems like some arbitrary bullshit to hoodwink the other player.
>>
>>54407572
I think "for no reason" was referring to their secrecy in the matter.
>>
Question for you anons, what is the deal with people wanting to min max characters, play broken characters, or "meta game" in rpgs but they do not do any role playing.

I am trying to figure this out. I dont have any horror stories, but I am trying to understand where these people are coming from.
>>
>>54393603
>Greaseball who is a total pedophile. If he was to write an episode of any kid show, he would self-insert.
>Also eats at the table. Without a fucking coaster. Also brought Ben and Jerry's for himself.
>Greaseball also can't keep things on the damn table, always dropping books, dice, paper, chromosomes...
>This is because he's constantly masturbating while asking for the catfolk to "tie the knot" with his shota
>Cats don't even have knots
>Guy drops the chocolate sauce he was drowning his ice cream in, getting it on the nice clean floor. He dives down for it
>Now's my chance
>He comes back up after licking it off the carpet, and scoops up his ice cream and takes a big bite.
>He looks at me, and the repressed memory of his mother's pie being ruined by yours truly comes flooding back.
>Tears run down his face and a cheshire smile splits my cheeks as the taste of the warm steamy heapy I dropped into his bowl of ice cream while he was under the table registers in his brain.
>>
File: 1374691533981.jpg (11KB, 327x388px) Image search: [Google]
1374691533981.jpg
11KB, 327x388px
>>54407639
DM outed themselves as Femanon early on in the thread but nobody noticed, it's pretty elar DM is projecting herself into this NPC and saw no issue with leading one man on while being more involved with another (very common behavior in this modern era) Does this justify the first guy sperging and throwing blows? Probably not but same scenario I'd probably snap and just leave
>>
>>54407539
I'm not saying that everything has to go well for them I'm saying this plot had enough emotional charge that whoever lost was likely to no longer consider the game fun.
>>
>>54407639
That's a fair point, I don't know how I missed it but yeah having the dm scheme with a player like that is a pretty shitty thing to do.
>>
>>54407669
I don't know for sure, but I have two hypoteses: either they come from MMORPGs, or they do it out of a competitve spirit against other players.

It makes no sense either way of course; I mean, it's not like a good GM will not retouch the encounters to achieve the desired effect, independently from the min-maxing...
>>
>>54407750
>mmorpg
in my cases, unlikely

>or they do it out of a competitve spirit against other players.
this sounds like it can be the case.

>I mean, it's not like a good GM will not retouch the encounters to achieve the desired effect, independently from the min-maxing...
can you clarify this?
>>
>>54393603

Optimizing is fun.
>>
>>54407669
Role playing is hard and can be embarrassing to some [think kids on the playground being made fun of for playing pretend when they're 'too old']. There's also an element that if your character is too weak they'll die, so they have to make the character function to actually play the game, some people go over board with this, a good solution is to have multiple small sessions with different characters so they can find a good balance between survivability and character. Also people trying to enact power fantasies.
>>
>>54407678
thattotallyhappened.jpg
>>
>>54407832
Sure, here's what I mean (I'll try to keep it as general as possible, adapt ti your system):

One PG is fighting a bad guy; I, the GM, need the fight to last more or less ten rounds.
If the PG is too minmaxed, it will mean that the bad guy has more hit points.

Of course this gets more difficult to do (and less believable), the larger the gap is between players, but in most cases it should be manageable
>>
>>54407669
I have coworkers and friends-of-friends who just get together to play it like a glorified boardgame. It doesn't do it for me at all but they seem to love it. I'm just happy to have a likeminded group for myself; everyone else is welcome to have their badwrongfun.
>>
>>54407572
Childhood love stories are a common fantasy, that for some(?) turned real. You are playing a fantasy game.

If a man makes investments towards a woman, then he has more ground over her than some dude on the side. You messing up with his investments is the only thing fucked up about your story.

I'm glad another anon already pointed out you as a femanon, makes my first impression feel righter. You have no soul, and purposely designed a love triangle like if it was all fun and games.

So in one part, congratulations, you successfully created a good woman NPC. It came with all the trouble a real life woman brings too, so you essentially created a bitch.
Remember next time that you are playing a game, and your players are playing a game. The opinion of the childhood friend is literally irrelevant here, your PCs are more important than your NPCs. If your PCs wanted to end up with the childhood friend of his backstory then its his call, its his story, not yours. You broke the fantasy out of the table.
>>
>>54397331
I'd go for the "and then suddenly you are surrounded by angry Nossies with crowbars." path.

That or he gets subjected to the Kindred version of a person roofie-ing his drink.
>>
File: three deaths in a single moment.jpg (52KB, 688x688px) Image search: [Google]
three deaths in a single moment.jpg
52KB, 688x688px
There is an actual argument in this thread over whether it's ethical to include a love triangle in a campaign, lest you hurt a players' feelings.

When did this board become populated by 6 year olds?
>>
>>54408146
I think the problem is that the dm purposely kept one player in the dark about it. I'd be a bit peeved if my friends set me up for that, I'd get over it because I'm an adult but there'd still be the wtf why moment.
>>
Shit, this thread made me appreciate my companions much more.
>>
>>54407558
>>54407548
You fuckers don't know what you're talking about. This needs to be analyzed for the good of the board! Think of all we can learn! Of all the shitposts to be had!
>>
>>54408146
It's not about the ethics of it. It's about whether you can expect to carry on a healthy campaign when you the DM are working in secret with one player to dick around with another.
>>
>>54408146
>Love triangle
>6 year olds

You fucking pedo
>>
>>54402443
>Image.
0/10, book isn't upside down.
>>
>>54408245
It's about ethics in tabletop gaming, then.
>>
>>54407669
>Question for you anons, what is the deal with people wanting to min max characters, play broken characters, or "meta game" in rpgs but they do not do any role playing.
Videogame logic ingrained in them. Hard to fix, but fixable.

Also, it depends on the group. Some GMs really throw hell at their PCs, so the PCs learn to min-max so their characters don't die. Then when this group dissolves, the PCs move to a different GM that isn't as brutal as the previous one, but the PC already learned how to min-max, and its a habit.

Talk to your players about how the game is going to be, maybe you can have less min-maxers that way.
>>
>>54408224
Dude enough is enough, otherwise when is this gonna end?

If you stare too long in the shitposting, the shitposts will stare into you, motherfucker
>>
File: 20170711_155731.jpg (25KB, 186x175px) Image search: [Google]
20170711_155731.jpg
25KB, 186x175px
>>54408300
>>
>>54408264
my little brother fucking loves triangles, he thinks circles are shit though
>>
>>54408300
Nope, it's about keeping the campaign susteinable
>>
>>54408146
This board is made up predominately of single male permavirigins.
They're obviously going to side with the guy who spazzed out in real life over being cucked in a game.
>>
>>54408361
Why would any self respected man prefer to be cucked, though?
>>
>>54408355
Your little brother is savage, man
>>
>>54408312
What is a shitpost?
A miserable pile of memes!
But enough talk. Have at you!
>>
>>54407596
Fuck you you don't know me.
>>
>>54408355
More of a Ranger type than a Paladin one, then? Do you play RPG with him?
>>
>>54408049

I'm not the GM and I'm a dude who isn't a babbling retard still mad that one girl turned me down when I was 13. Go sort out your issues with women somewhere quiet and where no one has to see it.
>>
>>54408387
En garde, peon!
>>
File: a visit to wizardchan.jpg (135KB, 1200x881px) Image search: [Google]
a visit to wizardchan.jpg
135KB, 1200x881px
>>54408373
>why would any self-respecting man be present for any suffering or hardship of the character he's pretending to be in a fantasy game
>>
>>54405792
What I'd expect is the players to have a fight in-character or something, not a literal fistfight
>>
>>54408428
He would, though. That's his job as a man. But since ancient times, that was his job as a man for the SOLE purpose of procreation.
>>
>>54408049

also holy shit talk about snowflakes. 'If the PCs want something to happen then it has to happen!!! Adversity makes me feel bad about myself!! :(((('
>>
>>54408456
Friend, I think you're a little confused.

See, when you play pretend games, the things that you pretend aren't actually real.

You can't have babies in pretend, anon.
>>
>>54408424
>I'm not the GM
Don't be surprised if you dress like a whore you get treated like one.

>Go sort out your issues with women somewhere quiet and where no one has to see it.
Sort out? I don't understand. Don't project your own insecurities into others.
>>
>>54408484
I don't think you understand, friend. Follow the conversation.
>>
This isn't about fucking love triangle. This is about creating something for one person only to suddenly go 'oh nope here have it' to someone else without saying a single fucking word to the original person.

Don't tell me you wouldn't be pissed if you got yourself tea, placed it on a table on YOUR SPOT, turn around for something and when you're back, some fucking asshole is drinking it over the table.
>>
File: 1498584590033.png (365KB, 524x479px) Image search: [Google]
1498584590033.png
365KB, 524x479px
>/r9k/ and lefties arguing at strawmen of one another
>still 80 posts from the bump limit
>>
>>54408483
>adversity is the same thing as destroying all hope
Dumb cunt. PC1 had NO CHANCE of winning.

That's not adversity. Learn the difference.

>I want to build a tavern, DM!
>"okay, it costs 99999999 gp"
>I will gather the money, DM!
Adversity

>I want to build a tavern, DM!
>"No."
>....
This situation we have here. People like you, with 2 digits in their IQ, should refrain from posting.
>>
>>54408514
Are you?
The player punched another player because his character got cucked by another character.
You're unironically defending someone getting violent over a game.
>>
>>54408589
Why would a player want to get cucked?
>>
>>54408552
There's nowhere to go but down, Anon
>>
>>54408563

>'I want to woo woman!'
>Make no efforts to build relationship or prove self
>Other person did this, and succeeded

Adversity leading to failure.
>>
>>54408603
>being so insecure as to view an ingame love triangle reveal as 'being cucked'
>being so insecure as to justify active physical violence in response to that

Where did she hurt you, anon? Did she laugh at you and say it was small?
>>
File: 1490918057723.jpg (13KB, 322x356px) Image search: [Google]
1490918057723.jpg
13KB, 322x356px
>anon claims women destroy everything they touch
>bunch of numales come out of the woodwork to call "YOU VIRGIN!" and other white knight slurs
>entire thread falls apart
>the source is still a woman
>>
>>54408603
Why would a player want to get killed? Do you punch your GM whenever your character gets damaged?
>>
People are actually getting butthurt that some whiny faggots pretend waifu didn't end up dating him in D&D.

/r9k/ would call this pathetic and retarded. Think about that for a bit, anons. You're literally being the lowest functioning autists on the shortbus right now.
>>
>>54408618
>Other person did this,
SECRETLY

You know what this means, don't you? He didn't do anything at all at the table regarding the woman.
>>
>>54408618
>Make no efforts to build relationship or prove self

>Exactly the opposite of what the original GM said

Way to go, anon
>>
>>54408647
>Why would a player want to get killed?
wanting suicide is pretty common, and a common background for people to come to hobbies like this is escapism from real life. So you don't really have an argument there.

>>54408633
Why aren't you answering the question?
>Where did she hurt you, anon? Did she laugh at you and say it was small?
What is this, I don't even get it? Who are you talking to? Confusing me with the original GM or something?
>>
>>54408641
>I had a love triangle in a game, my players were fucking retards about it lol
>LOVE TRIANGLES REMIND ME OF HOW MY ONLY GIRLFRIEND LEFT ME BOO HOO
>[200 posts later]
>WOMEN DID THIS
>>
>>54408655
>/r9k/ would call this pathetic and retarded.

[citation needed]
>>
File: 1490914848453.jpg (123KB, 419x480px) Image search: [Google]
1490914848453.jpg
123KB, 419x480px
>>54408710
woman detected
>>
>>54408712
Well, maybe he is a robot or knows one
>>
>>54408704
I'm talking to you, anon. I'm saying you don't need to pretend anymore.

You've clearly got some unresolved issues with relationships and women, otherwise you wouldn't be so terrified of representations of infidelity. Share with the group, who hurt you?
>>
File: 1490915031025.jpg (162KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490915031025.jpg
162KB, 750x600px
>>54408710
>I, a woman, made a love triangle that sucked dicks, my players acted like their in-game players would, but outside the game
>muh big cap locks and strawmans make my argument look better!
>[200 posts later]
>the source is still a woman
>>
>>54408722
>y-you must be one too!!
>s-stop it!
>STOP KEKING ME!!!!!!
>>
File: a2d.jpg (55KB, 704x850px) Image search: [Google]
a2d.jpg
55KB, 704x850px
>only fag in my group
>never have to worry about other PCs stealing my NPC love interests
>never have to worry about the manipulative romantic maneuvering of women
>>
>>54408732
I don't understand you, nor have anything really to share with you or anyone for the matter. I already spoke my mind about this situation. Seriously stop projecting your insecurities into others. You look like a kid crying wolf.
>>
>>54408809
There's no need to be evasive, we're on an anonymous imageboard. Get it off your chest anon, what happened?
>>
File: 1491861488547.jpg (23KB, 640x559px) Image search: [Google]
1491861488547.jpg
23KB, 640x559px
>>54408763
>no negation
>>
I don't want this thread to ever end
>>
File: nyan.jpg (188KB, 1422x1152px) Image search: [Google]
nyan.jpg
188KB, 1422x1152px
>>54408835
>no argument
>>
>>54406203
lul
>>
>>54408834
>what happened?
When?
>no need to be evasive
>says the guy talking about god knows what
I try hard to understand what you are even talking about, I feel like you talk about a different subject every post. No eres nativo de inglés? Porque no te entiendo nada.
>>
>>54408761
It's not a "love triangle" if she only likes one of them, dumbass.

>>54408769
>Never playing as a different sexual orientation
I feel sad for you, friend.
>>
File: 1489364412174.jpg (55KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1489364412174.jpg
55KB, 499x499px
>>54408763
>>54408867
>no argument
>>
>>54408872
It's a shame you're playing dumb, I think we could have really gotten somewhere.

I hope she didn't hurt you too badly, anon.
>>
File: 1490912321866.jpg (148KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1490912321866.jpg
148KB, 720x960px
>>54408893
I never said it was a love triangle, you did.
>>
>>54408904
Who is she? What are you even trying to say? Can you stop being evasive and retarded? Its like talking to a wood plank.
>>
File: laughing beastmaster.jpg (125KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
laughing beastmaster.jpg
125KB, 960x639px
>>54408897
>be a lonely mgtow
>shit up thread with unresolved issues
>blame shit thread on women
>cry about women
>get called a retard
>call them a woman
>get laughed at
>y-you have no argument!
>shitpost for a few more hours
>turn off computer
>go to bed
>cry
>>
File: 1492305329714.jpg (41KB, 324x394px) Image search: [Google]
1492305329714.jpg
41KB, 324x394px
>>54408956
>sharing your lifestory on /tg/
>>
>>54393603
>>54393819
How in the living fuck did you find people that dysfunc-

oh the military.

Carry on.
>>
>>54408923
I'm a different anon. If cuckDManon used the phrase "love triangle," she's wrong, too.
>>
>>54408984
There is literally nothing wrong with a little military.
>>
>>54408633
>>54408704
>>54408732
>>54408809
>>54408834
>>54408867
>>54408872
>>54408904
>>54408947
Get a fucking room already.
>>
File: dat waifu drank.png (386KB, 814x702px) Image search: [Google]
dat waifu drank.png
386KB, 814x702px
>>54408976
Don't stay up too late, anon. Your mother can hear sobbing through the wall and she says she's worried.
>>
>>54406641
That's bullshit and you know it.

Reality and fiction are littered with examples of people choosing to be with the "worse" of two partners because "I love him/her and love is what actually matters."

Really I think the whole mess stems from FemDM not understanding male drive. Most men can and do base their entire value around women. For some that might be absolute dedication to one woman, for others it may be the sheer number of notches on his bedpost, for others still it may be winning the favor of one or a small group of women.

Arguments between men over women in real life have ruined friendships, split families, and even caused wars. When two men want the same woman either one or both lose.

It's perfectly fine to not want to dole out a woman as some sort of opinionless object to be won and let her have a voice, but the competition should never be another party member, because there is no winning option for the losing PC. Either the losing PC accepts that he is a lesser male quietly (a.ka. a beta), he fights back to prove his superiority in any way possible (possibly killing the other PC or getting himself killed in the process), or he leaves to venture out on his own.

FemDM orchastrated a situation in which two PCs are competing with each other to prove who the better male is. The best case is that one of the PCs will need to reroll.

Now I know that FemDM will maintain that it was just the NPC's preference or something along those lines and that none of this was intended to acknowledge or identify one of the PCs as the superior male. But men don't see relationships that way. If you're a man and you're after a girl and she goes with someone else then you perceive that she sees you as an inferior male to him, that's just how male psychology works.
>>
File: 1489364122352.png (66KB, 554x400px) Image search: [Google]
1489364122352.png
66KB, 554x400px
>>54409007
>his lifestory still hasn't ended
>>
Is thread kill? Do we just abandon it or is there any point to posting That Guy stories?

>>54409020
>Reality and fiction are littered with examples of people choosing to be with the "worse" of two partners because "I love him/her and love is what actually matters."
But that requires the woman loving the guy, which she didn't.
>Most men can and do base their entire value around women
You might be projecting here just a little bit. Most adults don't base their entire value around romance. At least not healthy adults.
>>
>>54408984

Op here, yeah, my social life back then was nothing but a trainwreck of people who couldn't drink without becoming self destructive monsters. I became a bit of a hermit, because if your drunk idiot of a friend punches someone you're just as liable as they are for allowing it to happen.

The military is a cesspit.
>>
File: 1489459753182.jpg (80KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1489459753182.jpg
80KB, 640x640px
>>54408991
Not my issue.

>200+ posts and still going
>over a comment against a woman
>>
>>54401012
That's what happens to autistic people who never learn to adjust.
>>
File: 1489429536256.jpg (128KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489429536256.jpg
128KB, 600x600px
>>54409052
>his defitinion of a healthy adult male is MGTOW
>>
>>54409100

You can have a desire to be in a relationship without having an unhealthy complex around them.
>>
>>54401583
Which character?
>>
File: 1453662537583.jpg (27KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1453662537583.jpg
27KB, 640x640px
"That guy" can be a the DM too, right?

>That guy wants to try DM'ing
>Says it's going to be entirely open ended with no railroading
>Literally everything is ambiguous, no hooks or anything, party is wandering around aimlessly looking for something to do
>Any time we think we've found something NPCs just talk in circles like we're trying to solve the riddle of the fucking sphinx to get a quest to get some asses
>After taking notes and solving the fucking krypton factor for 2 hours I, as the defacto party leader, piece together something we can do, head over to a nearby abandoned castle that is being used as a base of operations by some orcs and take care of them
>The session ends with us heading out to the castle ruins
>Don't hear anything from him for 2 weeks
>Cancels the game over whatsapp because "Anon railroaded the party into his own quest and I don't wanna DM anymore"
>>
Mods please delete this thread
>>
>>54403609
>paladins falling in 5e
lel
>>
>>54409100
Can you not comprehend someone who finds value in their own self and then chooses to seek out romance?
>>54409071
Am I the only one who, instead of shouting "woman reeeeee," is interested in seeing a different perspective on DMing? Most of my games never had interesting romantic subplots, and most of my DMs didn't really apply all that much emotional considerations in NPCs' decision making, and if girl DMs do that more I might seek one out.
>>
>overweight unclean man comes into FLGS
>engages in inappropriate behavior
>owner asks them to leave
>he reacts in a socially unacceptable manner
>something something triggered something something pedophile something something SJW
gimme my (You)s
>>
File: 1489363153358.png (260KB, 563x542px) Image search: [Google]
1489363153358.png
260KB, 563x542px
>>54409123
>it's unhealthy to desire French Fries, when you want to eat French fries
>because I say so
>>
>>54409127
Jesus that's bad
>>
>>54409127
Serves you right for railroading the game.
>>
File: 1489808995283.jpg (10KB, 236x237px) Image search: [Google]
1489808995283.jpg
10KB, 236x237px
>>54409153
>Can you not comprehend someone who finds value in their own self and then chooses to seek out romance?
I hope its with a man. Otherwise you don't really value yourself.
>>
>>54409158
Did you ever hear from him again?
>>
>>54409161

Are you brain dead?

If you base your entire self worth around acquring the french fries then yes you're a fucking idiot. Same thing applies to relationships.
>>
File: brown-bag-poop-1308917665.jpg (11KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
brown-bag-poop-1308917665.jpg
11KB, 221x228px
*drops a bag of burning poo*
>>
>>54409153
>Most of my games never had interesting romantic subplots
For a good reason. Men don't seek out romance. Romance is literally the worst part of a relationship, the best part is sex.
>and most of my DMs didn't really apply all that much emotional considerations in NPCs' decision making
Because men don't care about such trivialities. Not to mention its worthless and serve no purpose for the campaign plot.
>>
File: 1489783771509.png (36KB, 778x512px) Image search: [Google]
1489783771509.png
36KB, 778x512px
>>54409192
Why do you exist if you are not breeding. Give me ONE(1) reason
>>
>>54409228
>Once again making retarded generalizations about men
Do you literally ever leave your house?
Oh shit, I'm being trolled, aren't I.
>>
File: 1490649109696.jpg (790KB, 2000x2272px) Image search: [Google]
1490649109696.jpg
790KB, 2000x2272px
>>54409153
Instead of shouting 'woman reee', you shout 'virgins reee'

What's the difference?

>270 posts and counting
>over a woman
>>
>>54409124
Commons in Arc-V
>>
File: 1489638277627.png (98KB, 612x491px) Image search: [Google]
1489638277627.png
98KB, 612x491px
>>54409273
Excuse me to butt in, but where is the argument? talk to me
>>
>>54405735
I hope he's doing time, someone like that doesn't deserve to own a firearm.
>>
>>54409158
yorokonde
>>
>>54409256
Not him, but I enjoy games, food and travel.

Breeding is meh.
>>
>>54409189
In the end he was forced to exit the store, whereupon exposure to the sunlight revealed him to be a wendigo. Fortunately the DM kept a loaded shotgun under the counter and quickly slew the beast, though not before it claimed the lives of three villagers. All of us were quite shaken.

We made trinkets of its teeth, which the resident witch doctor insists will ward off more of its ilk.
>>
>>54409289
You're confusing me with another anon, I never said anything about virgins.
I know, it's hard to believe multiple people disagree with you
>>
>>54409065
Hope things are better for you now.
Military folks sometimes just have no idea what else to do with themselves, and are tossed into hypermasculine fuckery that doesn't let them adjust to real life.
>>
File: 1489616626831.png (128KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1489616626831.png
128KB, 1000x1000px
>>54409335
>enjoys being fat, lazy, and a mongol nomad
>over sex, what you are meant to like naturally
Found the mentally ill.
>>
File: 1489697873770.jpg (92KB, 446x564px) Image search: [Google]
1489697873770.jpg
92KB, 446x564px
>>54409357
>still defends women and fights men for their sake
>literally an analogy of the source material this thread is based on

We are almost there, boys! Nearly 300.
>>
>>54402175
>>54405792
>allowing your character to be given a love interest by the DM or another player

That was his first mistake. I learned this lesson years ago.
>>
>>54409256

Breeding isn't the purpose of life unless you make it that way. It's a biological urge, yes, but we've evolved to be capable of high levels of thought.

So right now, the purposes for my existance are whatever the hell I want them to be. If I became a shitty person whose life was getting worse as I turbo-focused on a relationship then I'd view that as failing and being a shitty person and it probably wouldn't make me happy or give me much purpose.
>>
>>54409335
Sure we all enjoy that shit too. But we all have a biological imperative to breed. It forms in the needs of sexual desire and companionship.
>>
>replying to frogposters
it really does feel like... summer...
>>
>>54408373
That's the problem with betas like you. The only two options are get cucked or don't get cucked. For an alpha like me, the third option of "cuck a betafag" like you exists.
>>
File: 1480282387907.png (64KB, 658x901px) Image search: [Google]
1480282387907.png
64KB, 658x901px
>>54409475
>born literally to breed
>admits its a biological need, and its part of our DNA
>b-but we are humans! not animals! we are above nature!
I'm sorry what? I do not understand, just because you have a brain doesn't disqualify that you were born literally to breed. Your body is literally constantly making stuff related to breeding, like sexual arousals, testosterone building up, etc.

It's like cutting off your legs and then claiming you evolved beyond legs. You are a dunce.
>>
>>54409504
Which doesn't mean that that's the only thing in life. You can choose to have other goals.
Also I thought the whole issue with femGM was that they sided with one player over the other secretly, not that because fantasy relationship/sex.
>>
File: 1480273635773.gif (607KB, 800x792px) Image search: [Google]
1480273635773.gif
607KB, 800x792px
>>54409541
>its okay to make my group partner feel like a betafag
found That Guy

go ahead, reply to me. I will wait
>>
>>54407689
Women who do this are fucking cunts. All a man wants is honesty. Fuck you Rebecca, and fuck you Hannah. Alexa was better than both of you by a thousand miles.
>>
File: 1490914928595.jpg (171KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1490914928595.jpg
171KB, 600x800px
You did it, /tg/. You talked about a woman for 300 posts solely because 1 guy disagreed with her and you had to defend her honor by calling any opposition a beta virgin that hates women.

You have become what you hate, and no matter what bullshit excuse you use to defend your actions, you still ruined a thread because you couldn't accept that a
>woman
is wrong and should be called out for it
>>
>>54409689
lol Ruined a That guy thread, don't worry there's more to come. Go back to /pol/.
>>
File: 1490907916038.jpg (46KB, 375x592px) Image search: [Google]
1490907916038.jpg
46KB, 375x592px
>>54409666
Satan stop having sex with so many women

leave some for me
>>
>>54409052
The point is, romance and women are a SORE point of competition between men. ESPECIALLY NERDS AT DnD.

Like the other guy said, rejection for men is awful because of the implications of not being a full man for her. And on top of that you had her go for his friend and fellow party member? That's implicitly telling that dude he is shit and the other guy is much better. It was a lose/lose situation all round.

Him lashing out is a normal response, because otherwise he has to accept he is a failure compared to the other dude. Which is fine in real life, but not fucking fantasy games.
>>
File: 1490125651988.jpg (41KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1490125651988.jpg
41KB, 512x512px
>>54409723
Sweetie, I can keep 2 tabs open at the same time.

Why did you call me by my true name?
>>
>>54407063
Don't play fucking coy. These are a. nerds who want to escape into their "FANTASY".

B. He had a similar situation already happen to him in real life.

C. He liked you, so by having the NPC (your proxy) like the other guy, especially for those stated reasons, you basically told him to his face he is a worthless male, especially compared to the other dude. This kills a mans ego and engages his competitive side into overdrive. Literally why?
>>
>>54409735
Fuck that, stop being a pantload. The problem isn't fantasy relationships it's a dm and a player conspiring against another player. It's a shitty thing to do, doesn't mean the sperg throwing punches was better. Just means that they're all shitty people.
>>
File: 1489638547755.jpg (14KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
1489638547755.jpg
14KB, 326x326px
>>54409796
>the problem is what I say it is a problem
>there can only be one problem in this situation
Are you retarted?
>>
>>54409828
No but anyone who thinks a fictional relationship is worth caring about is.
>>
File: 1489638009699.gif (199KB, 336x468px) Image search: [Google]
1489638009699.gif
199KB, 336x468px
>>54409866
>it was a fictional DM
>>
>>54409897
It was a fictional relationship with not the DM who was with someone anyways. If these people are thinking that wooing an npc is going to get in their dm's pants is also a retard.
>>
File: 1402480034977.jpg (7KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
1402480034977.jpg
7KB, 231x218px
>>54409866
What if you put effort in your backstory to roleplay better but then a faggot like you ruins it? Should I take it like a betafag or stand my ground like a good greek soldier?

S-Shit, should I let myself pushed around because its fictional? P-Please reply to both of my posts.
>>
>>54409935
If you want to get laid that badly you should get a real relationship.
>>
File: 1480273635774.gif (2MB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1480273635774.gif
2MB, 800x800px
>>54409930
What if the player was actually good looking and the DM was using the NPC to casually flirt with him? The femDM said she flirted with him in-game, as a joke. What if it wasn't a joke though? How could a man know?
>>
File: 1490991210060.jpg (198KB, 1764x983px) Image search: [Google]
1490991210060.jpg
198KB, 1764x983px
>>54409964
>you should only fight if there is a woman around
Even if it was a male DM, I wouldn't let him fuck around with my backstory. So here is 100 frogs to kill yourself, anon

I was only pretending to be a stuttering faggot
>>
>>54407599
Nobodies saying physically fighting over elf games is okay, of course it isn't, they're saying that a GM who does stuff that's obviously going to cause the party to break up is a bad GM
>>
>two PCs vying for the attention of one woman
This has the potential to be fun, given the right attitude. A sort of good-natured rivalry as each tries to one-up the other. Sure, one will end up losing and they might feel sore about it, but son long as it is a fair competition and a lighthearted tone is established at the onset, there is at least a small possibility of having a good time.

>two PCs vying for the attention of one woman
>but one of them is doing it secretly
Absolutely no potential for fun whatsoever. Of course it's going to feel like a betrayal. Of course it's going to feel unfair because someone just lost a competition they weren't aware they were taking part in. I'll give the benefit of the doubt and say that maybe there is a decent way to run this kind of scenario, but just to flat to say "lol, you never had a chance also your friend was going behind your back the whole time" is not it.
>>
File: 1490649207390.jpg (14KB, 400x257px) Image search: [Google]
1490649207390.jpg
14KB, 400x257px
>when you run out of pepes to post and the only pepes left are highly immoral ones
Guess its time for me to leave this thread, I think I pretty much saved it
>>
>>54410039
Even in the best case scenario for FemDM, the PCs would be at each other's throats for that.

The scenario was something right out of an average Opera Seria, yet FemDM didn't know shit about how those types of narratives go. Even the best case scenario would lead to a character dieing, going insane, betraying the party, or the player outright leaving the game. You don't drop a bombshell without an explosion.
>>
>>54409725
I never fucked Rebecca and Hannah was the spawn of Satan. Alexa was the only good one and the only one I miss the other two just make me angry when I'm reminded of them.
>>
>>54410176
>yet FemDM didn't know shit about how those types of narratives go.
Which is honestly weird to me how she could be so oblivious. Troy literally burned to the ground killing millions of human beings in the process because of 2 guys liking the same woman. What exactly did she expect?
>>
What happened to the "That Guy" stories? You guys have ThatGuy'd all over this thread.
>>
>>54410083

This. The distinction is not complicated.
>>
Man, this was a good one. Sometimes a thread will become such a shitshow that you can't help but just admire the scale of it.

Some of you guys need to chill out. Remember it's just games of play pretend LMAO.
>>
>>54410311
for real though, this shit's blowing my mind.
>>
>>54410311
>>54410338
>>54410342
Are you really surprised?

People who play this escapist shit are bitter, cynical losers and rejects who find acceptance and greatness in fantasy worlds. And women being stupid make it all the worse.
>>
Well gentlemen, this has been glorious
>>
this thread was a mistake
>>
>>54410297
>millions
>>
So uh that guy in my group is a fat fucker. Every character he plays is a midget race like a goblins or gnome, female, plays a support class but getting him to help the party is like drawing blood from a stone.

He also eats like he's not planning on making it past 30. I've seen him go through 4 cans of energy drink in half an hour, munch an entire block of cheese, scarf down a loaf of bread and eat all of a multipack of crisps in one sitting. Mostly we just tell him to shut up if he gets too autistic.
>>
>>54410297
>How could she be so oblivous
Oh come on the whole group was obviously spergs
The two who physically fought over an imaginary waifu were obviously the spergiest, but the GM is clearly terrible at understanding people, and the other 1 - 4 players probably should have seen the warning signs.
>>
>>54406684
>Turning it into a generic love interest dies for cheap drama story would be super lame. Having two dudes band against a third dude to 'win' a woman would be weird as well, because presumably they're going to you know.. turn on each other or somehow share her between them afterwards?
First of all, while I admit it is lame and corny, it is still better than just letting party collapse due to a subplot "mistake" made by GM.
Secondly, they might learn that she is not so saint (if GM tailors it well) and they learn that bros before hoes.

>I don't see why you'd avoid inter party drama just because of possible and unknown OOC baggage of being terrified of cucking.
It's not about being terrified of anything, but about setting teammates up against eachother.
If you have a party, you want to keep it that way... unless purpose of your plot is to divide them and rejoin somehow.
>>
>>54404123
(saying this as an non-regular /tg/ browser)
I don't think it's that popular among the /tg/ crowd because of how YGO players are. It doesn't help that the players also to tend to be more... 'ethnic'. I'll more commonly find a YGO thread on /v/ because of the flimsy justification that it is a video game. Truthfully, I came here jonesing for some YGO discussion and I wasn't disappointed.
>>
>>54410095
Go fuck yourself
>>
>>54410909
What did he do to deserve this, /tg/?
>>
>>54408361
This so much. Sometimes I forget that this board is filled with losers who a) cant get a fuck and b) have no self worth because of it.

I have no sympathy
>>
>>54411443
Projecting this hard.
>>
>>54405198
>Two dudes love the same woman is the driving factor in A FUCKING LOT OF TRAGEDIES
>THE WORD TRAGEDY SHOULD FUCKING TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT MAY BE BAD FOR PARTY COHESION

>two dudes loving the same woman is the basis of many of the most timeless stories ever told
>you should never have it in a game because it makes people upset
>>
>>54411581
>writting a book is same as gming an rpg game!
>>
>>54409065
depends where you serve in the military.

from which branch ? is it in a country where it's service by requirement ?
>>
>>54411581
Not many of those stories are about the two guys putting aside their differences to work together
>>
>>54411443
as someone else said why would anyone side with getting cucked

whats wrong with you guys
>>
>>54407369
That's a weird one. I've had GMs that would flash devious little grins as we finally agreed on a plan, or someone declared a questionable action, but that's clearly just playing up the "oh you've done it now" angle, rather than a fucking passive aggressive little sigh.
>>
File: 1499797376148.jpg (27KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1499797376148.jpg
27KB, 403x403px
>>54408655
>>54408712
r9k here, can confirm. You cucks are fucking pathetic
>>
>>54412757
what is r9k?
>>
>>54412777
It's a board that we do not talk about, trips anon.

We like to pretend fiction, while they chose to pretend life.
>>
>>54412800
they are roleplaying as human beings?
>>
>>54412811
You pretty much nailed it
>>
>>54412777
>>54412800
>>54412811
>gets of truth
>>
>>54412800
/r9k/ is at least 50% fictional
I hope
>>
>>54409046

Not him, but your deflecting through shitposts comes across as very defensive. It looks like he really did hit a nerve.
Thread posts: 357
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.