/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best and worst systems?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1491520332815.gif (800KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1491520332815.gif
800KB, 500x500px
>>54363173
>Post your top 5 pen-and-paper Roleplaying Games.
>Post you bottom 5 pen-and paper RPGs.

>1. 5e
>2. Gurps
>3. Shadowrun 4
>4. Unisystem
>5. Mythras/BRP/FFG Star Wars

Bottom
>V. Warhammer 40K RPG (don't like the humans in the setting, don't much care for the character framework.)
>W. Mutants and Masterminds (most boring system I've ever played)
>X. Savage Worlds (the Benny system ruins everything and is too tied into the rest of the game.)
>Y. World of Darkness (the setting and splats . The core mechanics are okay.)
>Z. Deadlands classic (everything was awful)
>>
>>54392365
>5e Top
I can see your a man of shit taste
>>
>>54392365
1. Shinobigami
2. Apocalypse World
3. Tenra Bansho Zero
4. Ryuutama
5. Legend

n-4. Dungeon World
n-3. Double Cross
n-2. D&D 5e
n-1. D&D 3.5
n. Pathfinder
>>
>these "worst" systems
How quickly we forget Realms of Atlantasia.
>>
>>54392866
Never even heard of it.
And I take it I don't want to.
>>
>>54392901
I'll see if I can find the thread quickly.
Its memory must be preserved.
>>
>>54392901
>>54392935
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/17056372/
Here it is, the first thread. The rest are archived as well.
>>
>>54392406
*You're.

And I like D&D, and 5e is the best edition of D&D.
4e is an okay game, but it's shit for Planescape, Spelljammer, or Faerun.
AD&D is a clunky mess with some nice ideas and good settings.
3.x can handle all of the settings (except maybe dark sun) but it's a convoluted unbalanced mess.
And since the big draw to D&D for me is the AD&D settings, the pre-AD&D options hold no appeal for me.

So that leaves 5e as the D&D I prefer.
>>
>>54392853
What a weaboo. Shouldn't you love Pathfinder?
>>
>>54392962
your correction makes you look like an autist, which is why I'm going to tell you why your preferred edition is not the best. The problem with 5e is a lack of any kind of depth, as if the developers just decided a puddle is good substitution for a swimming pool. Poor support of any setting other than FR is also a massive issue as well as heading towards abstraction rather than mechanical effect, as monsters in 4e had massive amounts of mechanical options that made there fights interesting rather than just 'it hits you, then it hits another guy, next round'.

Also WoD is shit, its lore is so far up its own arse it can see what it had for breakfast.

also 40k systems are fun, your no fun.
>>
>>54392365
BEST
1. Talislanta
2. Call of Cthulhu
3. Mage the Ascension
4. Rifts (setting, not rules)
5. Planescape

WORST
1. Dungeon World
2. FATE
3. Blue Rose
4. D&D 4E
5. Vampire the Requiem
>>
>>54392952
Site is down, as is the download.
Other than that, it just sounds like your run-of-the-mill fantasy heartbreaker.

>>54393039
Your post makes no sense whatsoever.
>>
>>54393067
Yes, I am probably a literal autist. Signs point to that being the case.

I agree with you that 5e lacks depth. Even FR lacks real (official) support. But the people at Candlekeep are writing stuff on DMs Guild, and they know Faerun better than anyone who isn't Greenwood, Cunningham, or Salvatore.

And yes, 5e monsters are more boring than 4e monsters. 4e's monsters were great.

I don't think 5e is a perfect edition, by any stretch, it's just that, considering the pros and cons, I think 5e comes out on top overall.

4e monsters with listed skills in case a skill check comes up would be the ideal case for monsters. It's the player side of 4e that made it a bad fit for the classic D&D settings.

They all have issues, but having played a lot of them, 5e>PF>3.5>2e>1e>4e>old d&d.

I see we agree that WoD is shit.

And well have to continue to disagree about 4e.
>>
>>54392365
Keep thinking that picture is one of those rabbit dildos when I scroll past.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.