[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG modern general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 55

File: stf157_humans.png (456KB, 620x463px) Image search: [Google]
stf157_humans.png
456KB, 620x463px
Humans edition
didnt see one so i made one

>playing?
>hating?
>brewing?
and a new question
>what deck would you kill off if you had the chance?
>>
File: YJfExHD.jpg (42KB, 650x568px) Image search: [Google]
YJfExHD.jpg
42KB, 650x568px
tfw general so dead thread is archived
>>
>>54388114
Kill off burn.

It would bring a new era of shitposting.
>>
kill off abzan
btw i have b/w token im thinking upgrading this deck but i dont which steps should take to make it stronger (esper morph maybe?)
>>
>>54388842
t. Can't afford goyfs
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
My challenge to you guys is to build the best helix pinnacle deck you can
>>
>>54389368
GDS with 4 Helix Pinnacle in the sideboard. You're welcome.
>>
File: Leatherback Baloth.jpg (57KB, 750x545px) Image search: [Google]
Leatherback Baloth.jpg
57KB, 750x545px
Looking for a budget deck to get into Modern at my locals. I like playing beat down and my budget is about $100 for cards. Which deck is the better choice, Mono-Green Stompy or Little Kid?
>>
>>54389881
Little kid can cheese wins off certain decks just from white sideboard cards. Probably better than the welfare deck
>>
>>54388114
Any goodstuff.dec
Whichever is the most played one right now
>>
File: 1499375777768.jpg (30KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
1499375777768.jpg
30KB, 400x462px
#FreeSFM
>>
I'm thinking of building UG humans based on +1/+1 counters. His badly would I need CoCo?
>>
>>54388114
are those supposed to be cards? i can't recognize characters from cards unless they're qts
>>
>>54390771
if your deck is in green and running creatures that can be found by coco you should be running coco
>>
>>54390771
you would probably need it but i would throw in hardened scales, it doubles ur +1/+1 cpounters
>>54390779
No, just some art of some cathars i found
>>
File: IMG_3361.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3361.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I think lantern should be killed not by banning opal but by banning a lantern specific card. Banning opal would kill affinity which doesnt deserve the hammer at all.

Second deck i would kill would be storm bc fuck storm its the gayest shit to sit there while they "combo off". Like fuck go play by yourself.

Pic related What im playing now
>>
File: IMG_3811.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3811.png
2MB, 750x1334px
>>54390833
Fuck i hate when it rotates my shit
>>
>>54390852
id reccomend selling off deaths shadow when its close to banning day
>>
>>54390883
Ive thought about it.. what should i replace it with. Ive been playing this deck for years. I built it in 2015 its my favorite deck to play and im sad DS may go..
>>
>>54388507
Please.... I can only so erect.

Ban Rift bolt, Lightning bolt, Lava spike and Goblin guide. Fuck aggro as well, we are all mid range now.
>>
>>54390905
i hear grim flayer and goyf work well together in jund
>>
>>54390928
DS is in there and works really well with Varolz.. if DS goes varolz will probably have to go too and with that vexing devil would too and id be stucj with going full dredge.. thats why im so reluctant
>>
>>54390971
oh, well, sorry to hear that your beloved cards are going. maybe you could brew somthing with humans and the mirrodin swords.
>>
>>54390833
lantern is tier 3 trash and that deck deserves to be killed off more than affinity?
>>
>>54388114
>playing?
just put together esper death shadow
>hating?
dont know yet, but tron is a pretty queer deck so without anything else, that
>brewing?
B/R control list kind of like free win red but with a B splash for discard and the occasional turn 1 bitterblossom

tron
>>
File: islandvialpass.jpg (37KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
islandvialpass.jpg
37KB, 223x310px
So I have four aether vials, one from darksteel and three from from the vault. The three from the vault vials have a very bluish tint to them, beyond any coloring I've seen on other foils. Could these be chinaman fakes or are they just printed that way?
>>
>>54391151
It wins GPs theres no doubt. The point isnt power its how fucking annoyingit is to play against. Please play against lantern so you can experience how fucking gay it is.
>>
>>54391444
Try the light test to begin with.
>>
>>54390823
of course I'm running scales. I'm trying a version with phalanx leader right now but it's a lot of effort to make him go off since my only self target spells are dromoka's command and blossoming defense. I'm getting better results with the Winding Constrictor variant which doesn't run humans apart from servant of the scale and experiment one.
>>
File: 1494994400905.jpg (419KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1494994400905.jpg
419KB, 1200x1200px
>>54388114
give me a good white vial human list to play
>>
>>54391591
What does all the moon say?
>>
>>54391637
no idea hopefully only nice things about her
>>
File: knightfu.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
knightfu.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>54391591
Look at mono white d&t as a base, alter to taste. Or go with a knight list.
>>
File: dsvsa.png (284KB, 517x761px) Image search: [Google]
dsvsa.png
284KB, 517x761px
Well /tg/?
>>
>>54388114
new guy here, I want to buy a Planeswalker deck. Are there dice for the lifecount in there or where do I have to get those?
>>
>>54391758
Because the cards that cost life have other good effects stapled on them like hand disruption, Mana fixing, creature removal, and drawing cards.
Life gain doesn't do that.
>>
>>54391815
you can just get an app on your smartphone, plus people (at least in my area) are pretty willing to give out extra life counter dice they've got
>>
>>54391815
>I want to buy a Planeswalker deck

I would advise against that unless you are planning to play against your friends who also use PWs decks, this is because they really are terrible and if you want to learn the basics of mtg you would do better in trying out Magic Duels on steam (just don't spend any money on it as they dropped support for it).

And also you can buy a D20 in any gaming store.
>>
>>54391815
Just a heads up, planeswalker decks are terrible, and are intentionally made that way so that pros don't have to buy them to get good cards. spindown die are included in bundles and deckbuilder toolkits. I like the bundles since they give you a nice box to keep a small set in, and the toolkit gives some lands. Your best option is to look up a budget deck with a mechanic that speaks to you and is not too difficult to use, and buy the singles. A lot of times they'll end up cheaper than a PW deck and are better to play with.
>>
>>54391883
Also make sure to get a spindown dice instead of a normal d20, they are easier to use for life tracking.
>>
>>54391815
dont buy a plainswalker deck, buy a budget deck and a bundle
>>
>>54391881
>implying I am going to talk to other people
Yeah I figured Id just stick to paper at first but thanks!

>>54391883
>>54391980
>>54392050
>>54392061
I plan on mainly playing with my brother and maybe (maybe!) going to some friday night magic (more than likely not).

Do you guys have any decklists you would recommend for beginners? We know the fundamentals pretty well but we just never bought any cards or commited to it.
>>
>>54392192
That's a really broad question. What kind of playstyle do you like? What is your budget?
If you're really new I'd personally go for mono green Stompy, which is just summoning big creatures and attacking with them.
>>
>>54392351
Well "comming" from Hearthstone, I really enjoy control decks there but I dont have a problem with playing other types of decks.

I have a budget of around 100€ for cards and ill buy some foils for them too.

Currently I would be able to buy the last 4 planeswalker deck pairs (8 decks) and the two deckbuilder toolkits for 110€.

Someone recommended some decks from card kingdom to me and those seem to be nice but I am not from the US and border tax like doubles the price for me.
>>
File: 45654754643534.jpg (251KB, 2037x1135px) Image search: [Google]
45654754643534.jpg
251KB, 2037x1135px
>>54391591
vial knights as that other anon suggested is pretty dope and you get to be the only person in the room playing it, and you get to just do totally different things as most other creature decks.

non-eldrazi death and taxes is basically vial humans. I even have Cavern of Souls in my list because there are so many humans. That's a great deck right now too.

Thirdly you could play the actual human tribal list and just add vials, since vials would theoretically fit totally fine in that list. there are good mardu and junk humans lists floating around.
>>
>>54388114
Just made a G/Blk -1/-1 counter deck centered around Hapatra. Seems decent to me. Next I'm gonna toy with either a G/W or G/R enchant deck. Any ideas?
>>
>>54389368
Basically Gx Tron. And seeing as thats shit, a spot in soul sisters is next, but thats just a worse zendikar sovereign. So not its not playable
>>
>>54392484
You should into Pauper, it's a format where only commons are used and it's relatively inexpensive while retaining the complexity of MTG as a whole.

>>54302774

Assuming you aren't a braindead retard like WOTC assumes new players are when I say "complexity" I mean that you can find any playstyle you prefer from control to aggro to combo, using keywords and mechanics from a bit all over magic as opposed to planeswalkers decks which get boring very quickly and are just dumb as fuck.

That thread has been archived but contains all the links you need to get started in pauper, the decks range from 20$ to 50$.
>>
>>54392484
Control in MTG is a lot harder to use, so it's not beginner friendly at all. They can also be quite costly, so I would advise against that until you have a better feel for the meta and the game itself. The biggest cost in a deck is the mana base, so I'd suggest running 1 color, or 2 colors and some taplands. Green is the easiest to play, blue the hardest.
Please do not buy Planeswalker decks, they are a waste of money. The best thing you can do is Google a bit for budget beginner decks and read up a bit, but if you don't want to spend the time I'd suggest getting a green ramp deck and a white aggro deck, they have quite a different playstyle and you can learn a bit about mana management while playing with just your brother.
>>
>>54392850
Mono green stompy is powerful and easy to play its 80$ to build that is my recomenation as this guy says go easy mono green build
>>
>>54388114
>thread Question

Eldrazi tron because wizards seems to refuse to ban anything from that deck.
>>
>>54391637
It's just Thalia is CUTE and some artist commentary about drawing her
>>
>>54388114
>playing?
U/R storm
>hating?
WotC
>brewing?
Still mourning SDT in Legacy.
Death's Shadow as far as Modern goes.
>>
>>54392954
They already banned eye of ugin are you seriously telling me you still can't handle it you babby?
>>
File: rapetime.png (219KB, 464x435px) Image search: [Google]
rapetime.png
219KB, 464x435px
>>54391518
Your feelings are not an argument.
>>
>>54391444
Chinamen don't do foils though, do they?
>>
>>54393268
Just because you can handle something does not mean it is not annoying to play against.
>>
>>54392192
battle decks from Card Kingdom are decent and you can find decklists for them on TappedOut

http://www.cardkingdom.com/catalog/shop/battle-decks
>>
>>54393579
>annoying to play against
people say this about every single fucking deck. This is literally the sign that you are a babby if you have to whine about it instead of dealing with it like a man.
>>
>>54393637
Call me babby some more daddy, I like that.
>>
>>54393637
You're talking to people who advocate fetches being banned because shuffling takes too much time and thus is annoying and not fun to play against/with.

Let that sink in.
>>
File: 51NRGZAF72L.jpg (50KB, 371x500px) Image search: [Google]
51NRGZAF72L.jpg
50KB, 371x500px
>>54388114
im new and i wanted to get a hold of some of the older cards, is pic related a good way to start or should i look elsewhere?

also, if i go through with this what are some value cards from this set?
https://www.amazon.com/Magic-Gathering-Mirrodin-Tournament-Deck/dp/B0002HZPII/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1500415475&sr=8-1&keywords=mtg+tournament+deck
>>
>>54393861
If you want to invest - don't do it, you're not gonna make money if you know nothing of MtG to begin with.

If you're asking to get cards for starting to play Modern:
Buy singles. Always buy singles. Just buy the cards you need. Never open packs.
>>
>tfw you resolve unburrial rites targeting Grave Titan
I get spooky as fuck boners doing that shit.
>>
>>54393912
im sort of new and i just want to get ahold of some older cards, and i hear that mirrodin has a lot of artifacts in it.
>>
>>54390833
>kill lantern and storm
>plays a trash deck
Like fucking pottery
>>
>>54393579
Being "annoying" isn't the reason why it should be banned. Plenty of decks that aren't prevalent can be considered annoying. Broken archetypes aren't broken because they're annoying to play against its because of the cards they play.
>>
>>54388114
are weenie decks good?
>>
Just booked a hotel for GP Birmingham. £250 for just 2 fucking nights at some pimp place because the cheap ones were all sold out. Now comes the desperation of trying to find a roommate from the guys I know going.
>>
>>54394022
I never said it was broken, I just answered the thread question.
>>
>>54393637
That's retarded anon. When was the last time someone said burn was annoying to play against? Or scapeshift? Or humans?

And if you're this anon >>54393268, then you're a double idiot. Eye of ugin was broken for a different reason
>>
Why the fuck are half of blue cards so expensive to cast? I'm wanting to make a white/blue cycle deck but it won't happen. It wouldn't be nearly as bad if you could shit out two or three lands per turn but it's almost impossible to get any creatures on the field. Why pay so much for so little, when you can just make an aggro deck and end the game in five turns?
>>
>>54394175
not the same guy but wasnt eye of ugin broke because it allowed you to shit out eldrazi even faster than affinity can with artifacts?
>>
>>54394227
Turn 1 eye, endless one, endless one, mimic, mimic. Followed up with t2 temple and you thought-knot gg
>>
>>54390905
Flayer is a fantastic filter piece, and with Shadow likely leaving Jund will rise back up.
>>
>>54394254
so yes?
>>
>>54394275
Very much yes
>>
>>54394291
good, let it be banned then.
>>
>>54392484
Good to see people leaving that shit game, fuck Brode

If you're looking to start in Modern, there are several budget burn lists floating around for under 50 USD that can be upgraded fairly easily. Standard is okay right now, but there's a delayed rotation coming on in the fall that will likely delete whatever deck you build from legality. I've seen some budget Mono-U mill stuff, but I'd just avoid it until this blows over. Legacy is AHAHAHAHA WOW, and Commander, while certainly the safest and healthiest of formats to get into at the moment, requires more than just two people. Avoid the PW decks and build either a burn list or pick up one of the Commander precon decks that are actually good (anything from the 2015 cycle except the R/W deck is a great place to start).

Have fun!
>>
>>54394388
>Ezuri, Claw of Degeneracy
>>
>>54394388
>healthiest of formats
>edh
Loving every laugh
>>
>>54388114
more Qs
>first set
>favorite set
>least favorite set
>>
>>54392484
You don't have enough money for anything remotely good in modern. I would do like this anon >>54392757 recommends and play pauper. Lot's of different decks to play and they're all affordable too. Come back to modern in a couple of years or when you have more money because getting into this format isn't worth it if you aren't at willing to put some money into it.
>>
>>54394185
Because when you're playing an aggro deck and you run out of gas you're now praying you top deck something good while your opponent is sitting on six lands and six cards in hand and the world is literally his oyster.

That's a day 1 question kiddo.
>>
>>54395016
>implying blues can shit out 2-3 monsters in four turns faster than red can
>implying murder doesn't shut that six mana 3/4 as soon as it's summoned
>implying my hasted creatures don't just fuck your shit up from the jump
>>
>>54395200
Blue doesn't get aggressive creatures, that's the design of the game. Why are you complaining about blue not doing something blue is not designed to do. That's like complaining that red can't destroy enchantments or green can't counter spells.
>>
>>54388114
Are any of the old mirrodin theme decks worth getting?
>>
>>54395298
Not if you're trying to play Modern.
>>
>>54395318
just for collecting/value cards (probably arent any)
>>
>>54388114
Merfolk, I dont like the idea of blue in modern and storm never lasts.
>>
> Playing
DnT
> Hating
Scapeshift and Devoted Druid
> Brewing
U/W Hatebears type deck, Spell Queller being good again in standard doubled his price before I bought him :(

So yeah here is a similar list I'm basing the deck off off http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=16083&d=299098&f=MO .
I don't have Flickers in my list, while I think Queller + Flicker or Flicker + Reflector is cute, its too much investment or a one time use. I would rather have a couple solid beat down plans in that slot (Brimaz/GeistST/Mirran Crusader) OR Displacer, which has repeatable bounce for my mages or opponents blockers.
4x Restoration Angel in the 4cmc slot? Something better maybe? Cut the 4cmc cards altogether and run more 3mana utility/beat down? Also missing Draw in the deck without Traben Inspectors and no Horizon Canopies (I wont run them too expensive + need U/W duals) any tips? Maybe Bygone Bishops?
>>
>>54395272
My original point is that blue spells and especially creatures are too expensive to cast. Yeah, it's the best at what it does, too bad it takes three mana do do literally anything useful. Meanwhile every other color just seems more appealing.

I want to make a deck using some blue but everything is too expensive to cast to be useful and I can't find a good balance.
>>
>>54390923
t. Bad player
>>
What tier is Eldrazi?
>>
>>54388114
Merfolk, I dont like the idea of blue in modern and storm never lasts.
>>
>>54395456
I know Delver of Secrets is out of the limelight right now but he didn't just vanish, he's still one of the most efficient bodies Modern has. I've always thought Clique and Snapcaster Mage are both aggressively costed for their bodies and text boxes.

Blue is a support color in the format for the most part, similar to white. You're not playing blue to make big flashy plays, you're playing blue for things like Serum Visions, Stubborn Denial, Vapor Snag, Sphinx's Revelation, Spreading Seas.

If you want to play blue and not wait until turn 3, I'd recommend Merfolk. It's a solid deck.
>>
>>54395620
>Merfolk

;_;
>>
>>54395670
Modern isnt a format for blue, time to shake you loose so modern can truely be the format it should be.
>>
>>54395752

> t. Tron/Burn/GDS player.

No need to get salty you got run over/shut down by fish
>>
Where the fuck do I begin with a RW Angel deck? Anybody run something along those lines? Suggestions or lists will help immensely
>>
>>54395816
You need to ask yourself why you want to limit your choice of creatures to purely angels. Like, there's zero reason to. All you're doing is making your deck worse.
>>
>>54392484
8-rack is probably the cheapest control deck right now, although it isn't very good.
>https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-48-50-tix-modern-8-rack
This list is pretty fine, but you should replace the smothers with fatal pushes and the stupors with inquisition of kozileks. You should also replace the dakmor salvages with swamps because they aren't worth 5 bucks.
>>
>>54395816
>"insert creature here" stompy
>blood moon
>chalice of the void
>simian spirit guide
>other shit
>angels
>>
File: 14qrfq234qa.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
14qrfq234qa.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>54388114
>win a game against E&T because my opponent apparently doesn't know that Eldrazi Displacer has an activated ability
>>
>>54395816
Build jeskai control and use baneslayer angel as a finisher. :^)

I wish that damn thing had protection from black, fuck.
>>
>>54395808
>run over by fish
I dont play modern I only watch it and spec it.
>>
>>54395816
Ignore the angels, play knights of white orchid, blood moon, leonin arbiter and ghost quarters.
>>
Guys, what if Infect should be G/R pump spells? I have some ideas
>>
>>54395388
I want something horrible to happen to you
>>
>>54396151

Something like this

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gr-infect/
>>
>>54395844
I am simply helping a newer player take her first steps into mtg and she is adamant on angels.

>>54395920
That's a start. I'm only giving advice, she needs to build it herself. I suggested land tax/scroll rack and extraplanar lens for ramp already

>>54396062
And you just gave me anew deck idea...
>>
>>54396546
Follow your dreams boros anon
>>
File: wow.png (365KB, 1472x624px) Image search: [Google]
wow.png
365KB, 1472x624px
I'm so good at magic
>>
>>54398179
Looks like we got a new meta buster boys
>>
>>54398179
There is zero reason to play Goyf over Tasigur or Angler.
>>
Stay in this thread, dumbass.
>>
File: Image.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
brewing RW h8bears
thoughts on this bad card?
>>
>>54396517
>no assault strobe or temur battle rage
you be doing it wrong my dude.
>>
>>54398179
Dude where's your aether vials?
>>
>>54398179
>no ravager
>>
What's the best non-tron eldrazi deck? I like BW but the Mardu one on tcgplayer seems neat too.
>>
>>54391444
I find the FTV foils to have a weird look to them so it could just be that. Also, I'm sure a fake foil would look really bad. you're probably good.
>>
>>54398656
Bant is probably your safest bet.
>>
File: modern metagame 7 17 2017.png (55KB, 683x662px) Image search: [Google]
modern metagame 7 17 2017.png
55KB, 683x662px
>>54395552
Eldrazi Tron is the gatekeeper that is allowing Shadow decks to dominate the meta. Buy in now since you'll never eat a ban while under the radar.
>>
Can you even run black stax in modern?
I'm content doing legacy/mostly just casual shit but lately a ton of people in my game store only want to play modern even in non serious games so finding matches is annoying. I don't mind using more colors but I only really could go orzhov with it without having to waste more money on it.
>>
>>54398179
>bridges
>tarmogoyfs/shadow
yea that'll work out great
>>
So I'm thinking about a mono R control -like list with trinisphere main, good idea or no? Seems like it actually damages a huge amount of the meta right now.
>>
>>54399126
>mono Red control
Are we talking about moon decks here? I don't think Trinisphere does much against Tron.
>>
>>54399242
Well a turn 1 hurts them a lot but yes moon would be a bigger anti tron piece.
>>
>>54398752
>merfolk trending up
Wtf i love this meta
>>
>>54388114
Innistrad had the best art.
>>
>>54399293
Burn just passed DS in the 2 weeks out. Wtf is going on?
>>
File: thrun_by_jasonchanart-d8yze06.jpg (161KB, 1024x802px) Image search: [Google]
thrun_by_jasonchanart-d8yze06.jpg
161KB, 1024x802px
>>54399296
Disagree.
>>
File: boggart forager.jpg (79KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
boggart forager.jpg
79KB, 480x680px
>>54399296
>Lorwyn had the best art*
FTFY
>>
>>54399346
Lorwyn was pretty cool, especially when Evenmoor (was that the name) happened, but the style was really inconsistent across the artists. And some of the creatures were bog-ugly.

>>54399311
As a set, Innistrad has the best unified flavor across all the colors, the best fashion sense, and the coolest artifacts in the sense that they are actual objects, not just random magic creations.
>>
>>54399379
Innistrad is "unified" because dozens if not hundreds of other authors have been linking vampires and werewolves, isolated villages and ghosts, angels, the church, and salvation, etc., these all have been getting linked together for a great many years before magic even entered the scene.

What you are seeing is not unification as a result of Wizards' efforts, but perceived unification as a result of your upbringing in a post-Hammer Horror society.
>>
>>54399415
It's unified in terms of the art and design of the cards and their poses.
>>
>>54399469
That's just visual design. Every successful movie does it too. All the elements need to align and fall back together.
>>
>>54398233
Bob with those is not typically a good idea.
>>
File: 1460863237399.jpg (290KB, 800x1111px) Image search: [Google]
1460863237399.jpg
290KB, 800x1111px
>>54392521
lips are a little too tumblr thick, but aside form that great art, have some Anime art
>>
>>54390833
> Banning opal would kill affinity which doesnt deserve the hammer at all.
stupidest thing I've ever read
>>
>>54399859
Frank karsten is smarter than you
>>
File: 4653754687595.jpg (785KB, 1024x1323px) Image search: [Google]
4653754687595.jpg
785KB, 1024x1323px
>>54399722
I have a lot of thalia art. I have 16 guardian of thraben and 7 heretic cathar currently sleeved up and in decks.

>>54398263
I tried r/w hatebears for a while, it ended up just being ZoZu and magus of the moon as the only red cards, in an otherwise monowhite humans style dnt. and 1 slayers' stronghold.
I playtested lightning bolt, lightning helix, ajani vengeant, and several other cards.

some of the new cards might get me to break it out again. Harsh Mentor, Glorious End, and Combat Celebrant are all worth testing.
>>
>>54399919
Probably, has he say recently that nothing in Affinity needs to be banned?
>>
>>54399953
I love the Heretic standard art,but the Promo makes her look like a man, still own one for the sake of having one. I am thinking of dropping money on the worlds promo art. I will say this I am glad the art exist so I could make a good version of her in Bloodborne.
>>
>>54398179
so confidant kills you while you cant swing under bridge good
>>
File: 4325654743.jpg (77KB, 497x497px) Image search: [Google]
4325654743.jpg
77KB, 497x497px
>>54400063
Oh, I enjoy both. I got a few extra promos at my store and I have one of each in the decks I have that card in.

The Guardian worlds promo is great, I've been on the lookout for one at my store but I guess I have to just buy some online.
>>
>>54399272
>>54399242
>>54399126
Mono-R control with trinisphere likely wants to just be Ponza

Ponza sticking you on 1 land and then slamming Trinisphere is much more devastating
>>
File: 1460865453804.jpg (250KB, 1000x1483px) Image search: [Google]
1460865453804.jpg
250KB, 1000x1483px
>>54400088
$42-$45 that's not bad, I wish it was 30 but it is what it is. Maybe next 5% kickback on tcgplayer I will pull the trigger.
>>
File: 435467.jpg (146KB, 800x1046px) Image search: [Google]
435467.jpg
146KB, 800x1046px
>>54400162
I'll spend anything on my waifu. It's more that I usually keep all my purchases in-house at my store, and really try not to online shop as much as possible. But this is an exception because it's a promo. The last exception I made was the foil Sylvan Library they made a few years ago.
>>
File: 1458067083453.jpg (195KB, 1024x983px) Image search: [Google]
1458067083453.jpg
195KB, 1024x983px
>>54400214
My nigga, best waifu taste. Thalia is best waifu the only ones that come close second and third is Anafenza and Ara Ara Teysa.

I wish there was more Anafenza fan art.
>>
File: 45010112_p0.jpg (329KB, 995x1272px) Image search: [Google]
45010112_p0.jpg
329KB, 995x1272px
>>54400256
It's funny you would say that, Anafenza is one of my other favorite characters too. Especially when she's all heroic and cool charging on her goats.
>sticking to her religious beliefs, that are actually true in this case since ancestors do indeed exist, despite threat of death from corrupt dragon bootlickers

My third is Elspeth though. The abnormally competent military commander and heroic underdog, fighting for the little guy. Really activates the almonds.

I guess the pattern is that the heroic and admirable women are the way to go.
>>
>>54400294
I joined in after RtR so I did not get to know Elspeth that well since Theros well kinda sucked, it should have been human tribal instead of solider, (you know humans vs the greek monsters). I heard a theory of bringing her back as an Angel walker due to resurrection and some lore tied to Bant, it's in the same vein of loop holes as they did with Ob being the only "Demon" walker. On a side note, I am hoping that Ghost Anafenza will have more development when we go back. I am hoping WotC bring back the Khans and not listen to the like 7 timmys on reddit that like those shitty dragons, Khans for life!
>>
>>54400395
>I am hoping WotC bring back the Khans and not listen to the like 7 timmys on reddit that like those shitty dragons
bad news friend, everyone loved those fucking dragons and everyone has loved dragons forever
>>
File: 1424454094368.png (736KB, 583x601px) Image search: [Google]
1424454094368.png
736KB, 583x601px
>>54400421
I know but the writing team made Khan culture and personality better than a bunch of one dimensional dragons that left the world in a worse case than it was before.
>>
>>54400447
the majority of players don't give a fuck about the story, I'm sorry
they like looking at the art of big badass dragons
>>
File: 1471479372769.jpg (30KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
1471479372769.jpg
30KB, 292x257px
>>54399953
>wearing high heel boots
wtf is this
>>
>>54400536
>long hair that will blow in your face and generally be in the way during combat
wtf is this
>>
File: 43534654756754.jpg (373KB, 800x1262px) Image search: [Google]
43534654756754.jpg
373KB, 800x1262px
>>54400536
She's described as being a great combatant, and her dress is described as practical. So this image is likely just a dress uniform, and she's probably just from a parade or public event.
>>
>>54399698
There is zero reason to play Bob in a format where you can be playing Tasigur or Angler.
>>
I want to bitch about this thread having almost nothing to do with Modern but Thalia is CUTE.

>>54400421
Khans polled better than Dragons. It was described as a failure on WotC's part because we're stuck with Dragons now.
>>
>>54400679
What exactly was the poll?
"How much did you guys like the fetches?"
>>
>>54400395
>>54400421
even worse news friends, the only thing casualbabs remember about Tarkir is the dragons and the time "shenanigans"
I consider use of the quoted word a yellow flag on personality, and this is part of the reason.
they want a plane of
>MORE dragons
>MORE time "shenanigans"

no one uses it when they talk about good thing.
I don't want Return to Tarkir
>>
>>54400679
link to poll? It sounds like someone wrote an article on it, either Stoddard or Maro.
>>
File: Disowned Ancestor.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Disowned Ancestor.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>54400395
Yes please to the ghosts.
>>
>>54388842
Esper morph sounds fun? Basically a flicker deck? Maybe do E&T
>>
>>54388842
>Esper Morph

Yo there's a guy at my LGS playing this, runs Scornful Egotist as his secret tech. Shit's fucking rad. Takes top 4 easily every modern event, regularly shits on GDS.
>>
>>54400049
He has expressed that it will likely never see a ban bc of the strength and abundance of artifact hate cards.

Nothing in affinity is oppressive. Your chances of winning after sideboard drop by 30-40% which is by far the highest drop in favor of any deck in modern.

Mox opal shouldnt be banned it is not at all oppressive nor does it have more power compared to many dredge cards or street wraith for that matter.
>>
>>54399311

>Thrun, the last frog
>>
File: 124.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
124.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
BLACKED TRON

4 Expedition Map
2 Mind Stone
2 Oblivion Stone

4 Solemn Simulacrum
4 Oblivion Sower
2 Wurmcoil Engine
1 Distended Mindbender

4 Inquisition of Kozilek
2 Thoughtseize
2 Fatal Push
2 Dismember
2 Collective Brutality
1 Doomfall
1 Damnation
1 Worst Fears
1 Profane Command
2 Torment of Hailfire

4 Urza's Mine
4 Urza's Tower
4 Urza's Power Plant
10 Swamp
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

r8/deb8
>>
>>54398752
Which is precisely why I'm taking Ponza to the GP.
>>
>>54389368
>tfw this is a stillborn meme deck thanks to solemnity

Feels bad bros. I just want to do degenerate combos with Simic colors.
>>
>>54401098
Is that a fucking MGSV quote?
>>
>>54401704
This looks like a good time.
>>
Wurmcoil Engine should have Delve.
>>
>>54403710
Said the devil.
>>
>>54403710
Yea well you should hang yourself.
>>
R8 my white humans plz

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/17-07-17-white-human/
>>
>>54404667
I'd cut that six cmc dude, WAY too much.
Also you should consider mardu woe reaper.
Mtggoldfish did mono white human deck, you should check it out.
>>
>>54400536
Heels kill it for me too, but >>54400574 has a decent idea in that it could be a dress uniform variant.

More Thalia!
>>
>>54390905
They won't ban Death's Shadow, it is not the card that is enabling Death's Shadow deck. If you ban it it won't slow down a deck, rest of the deck is what is scary.
>>
>>54394683
>first set
Couldn't tell you. Starts playing once a long time ago. When I started again in high school, Kamigawa was all out and Ravnica blew my mind.
>favorite set
New Phyrexia. The whole Scars block was great.
>least favorite set
Innistrad 2.0 I guess. If I played more of Zendikar 2.0 I'd probably say that block was.
>>
>>54404922
Yeah, i was thinking of taking those 3 out for 3 4drops instead.
>>
>>54395816
It's not gonna be competitive, so everyone here has already told you to play something else, but
>quick red and white removal
>DoJ and side pyroclasms
>ramp of some kind to dump angels out quicker
>Baneslayer t4 ideally
>Gisela or Aurellia (or both)
>fill out other spots with other angels, I run Seraph of the Sword and Archangel of Tithes and Twilight Shepherd (the weakest link honestly)
>I have two copies of Nahiri for dumping cards I don't need, added removal, and fetching Gisela or Aurellia

Using Tithes, Prison, and Annex with cards like Angelic Wall or angel feeling cards might work.
>>
File: Image.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
>>54399379
>Innistrad has the best unified flavor across all the colors

???
>>
>>54389881
8whack is the best budget deck out there. It's great as a beatdown deck and has enough strategy so that you don't feel like you're playing Creatures: The Tappening (but you are)
>>
>>54405631
You could use everflowing chalice for ramp.
>>
>>54405001
Street Wraith has a higher chance at a ban.
WotC tries to neuter before outright killing decks depending on its strategy/prevelance.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170719-104644.png (321KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170719-104644.png
321KB, 1080x1920px
>>54405201
I'd say try something like this. Keep your cmc low.
Consider adding green for things like dromokas command and hardened scales to up your counters.
>>
>>54389881
I like mono green stompy more, but since g/w gives you access to dromokas command MB and paths in the sb, that may be the better option.
Avoid 8whack, it's pretty trash.
>>
>>54401492
I can only imaging sitting across from some autist who croaks out "reeeeegenerate" everytime he pays the mana.
>>
>>54405894
>depending on its strategy/prevalence.
>prevalence
I am honestly under the opinion that part of the reason Wizards changed their policy for MTGO data is because people think DS is a problem.
Data from >>54398752 (if accurate) indicates it is popular, but not dramatically moreso in the Top 3.

We'll see. SCG Atlanta is this weekend. GP Las Vegas was interesting from the standpoint of gauging relative power.
We will see.
>>
>>54405875
I've got Mind Stones and Boros Signets in there for now to get the T3 wipe or T4 Baneslayer. Didn't consider Chalice because it can't be ate for a draw or produce colored mana, but I'll think about it.
>>
Modern is back at the pro tour.
>>
>>54406550
So should we post never ever and shit like the standard babies did? Jesus
>>
>>54406550
gtfo really?! That'd be awesome if true! Link plz
>>
>>54406590
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/organized-play/2018s-pro-tours-and-2017s-worlds-2017-07-19
>>
File: 20160814_130618.jpg (50KB, 200x222px) Image search: [Google]
20160814_130618.jpg
50KB, 200x222px
>>54406550
Nice
>>
File: IMG_6370.jpg (58KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6370.jpg
58KB, 265x370px
unban artifact lands and leave ds to me.
>>
File: B-2.png (2MB, 930x678px) Image search: [Google]
B-2.png
2MB, 930x678px
Who's playing at the GP Toronto Modern Opens this weekend?
>>
>>54405944
Might as well just play Norin sisters
>>
>>54406875
Why were they banned in the first place?
>>
>>54407624
Because they're too good?
>>
>>54407786
(im new if you cant tell) but what did they do that made them too good?
>>
>>54407816
Read cranial playing, around ravager and the metalcraft/affinity mechanic
>>
>>54407816
They activate metalcraft and beef up affinity for artifacts with almost zero viable counterplay and at no risk to themselves, which is why the only artifact land left is darksteel citadel which only makes colorless mana.
>>
>>54407936
oh ok.
>>
Modern Pro Tours are back.

Toughts?
>>
>>54408646
I hate it. This guarantees any popular deck is going to be hit just to shake up the meta. Awful. Modern is able to self-regulate and incredible amount already. It doesn't need bannings. It doesn't need Pro Tour streams.
>>
>>54401098

The colour identity on this particular ghost is all sorts of outta whack, though.
>>
>>54401704

>Torment of Hailfire

I'd play that.

I'd put some of the mana-filtering artifacts so you can play your urza lands and still be able to inquisition/thoughtseize/push something
>>
Ishkanah Grafwidow in Abzan Delirium is super good right now
Lingering Souls + Ishkanah = Deaths Shadow and Gurmag chumped for days
>>
File: 4634657657.jpg (194KB, 700x1002px) Image search: [Google]
4634657657.jpg
194KB, 700x1002px
>>54400679
Thalia, the card and the character, is modern related. Plus this all started from a deck being posted, and then we talked about buying a card for that deck.

To imply which art or version of a card you're using in your deck isn't good discussion is missing much of the point of the game.

>>54404667
I ran something very similar for a while. I would recommend some number of Thalia, Guardian of Thraben. She's an efficient body with a static ability that's good agaisnt decks that will try to ignore you and race you with a combo. You have a prety good clock with all these creatures but there are lots of decks out there that will just chain cpells early and kill you before even your pretty good creatures will kill them. Goryo's Vengeance, Ad Neasuem, and Storm are 3 of the top of my head. But Guardian of Thraben is good agaisnt these 3 decks.

The second creature I might recommend is Thalia, Heretic Cathar for actually the exact same reason. She's an efficient body that also fits into the Humans theme, that gives you some interaction with enemy decks that is on an angle other than attacking. She slows people down and in this modern enviroment a lot of the combo decks will be faster than your 3 drop and 4 drop powerhouses.

Bladehold ends games pretty quick but she's still a 4 drop with no haste. So I'd recommend this 2 drop and this 3 drop to give you some brakes on your opponent's plans while you drop BLadehold.
>>
>>54391758
It's easier to deal damage to yourself than it is to gain life. it happens just by playing the game due to fetchlands and the like. Also, your opponent is actively helping you to reduce your life total.
>>
File: spartz.png (864KB, 900x601px) Image search: [Google]
spartz.png
864KB, 900x601px
is she the ideal woman?
>>
>>54411136
If she were 6'4" and better at Magic, yeah.
>>
>>54411136
why are we supposed to like/hate her? i don't follow magic media members or pros at all.
>>
>>54411136
She's pretty gross lookin
>>
>>54411298
I believe she's the only woman who is decent at Magic and is not a tranny.
>>
>>54411136
Yeah, she's oka-
>let LSV put his penis inside

Oh gross, nevermind.
>>
>>54388114
is it worth to play some u/b / Esper artifacts deck With one of the tezzerets at the helm or to just do affinity?
>>
>>54411487
What a dumb post
>>
>>54411410
Trannies arent women
>>
>>54411552
If they were, there wouldn't have been a need to make a distinction. I take your point however.
>>
>>54411589
Maybe learn basic english
>>
File: 289.jpg (53KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
289.jpg
53KB, 312x445px
>>54411536
Were you expecting much from a board for Chinese Colored pencil enthusiasts?

well lets change the subject and argue over what set had the better looking lands.

i put my vote in for mirrodin.
>>
Can I play Delver of Secrets yet?
>>
>>54411680
could if you wanted
>>
File: 1479497369355.jpg (149KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
1479497369355.jpg
149KB, 480x680px
>>54411630
I prefer Alara, which is where pic was originally printed.
>>
>>54411725
a close second is lorwyn
>>
File: Amonkhet Mountain.png (165KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Amonkhet Mountain.png
165KB, 265x370px
This one was okay.
>>
>>54411814
>CG trash
Pleb.
>>
File: IMG_3114.png (125KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3114.png
125KB, 223x311px
>>54401704
>>54403698
>>54409740
Update on the black tron meme. Needs a lot of work, probably from the ground up, but there's lots of potential I feel.
Gets into topdeck mode then too often draws useless cards.

Torment of Hailfire is worth the meme though, if anyone wants to post better black tron lists please do, the archtype seems real enough.
>>
Not enough actual modern discussion ITT.

What's your deck's sideboard plan against GDS? I bring in 4 blood moon and slam that shit.
>>
>>54411910
>CG art
fucking trash
>>
>>54411929
I put my graveyard hate in. Beckon Apparition and Tormod's. BW tokens FNM viable.
>>
File: IMG_3115.jpg (41KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3115.jpg
41KB, 223x310px
>>54411971
but look at this 2of sideboard steamy dreamy piece of shit.

https://www.channelfireball.com/articles/mono-black-tron/

Apparently our guy TWoo had a go at it, really liking the idea of this deck. Can't believe I missed Read the Bones, deck really needs 2B cost spells for it's curve and that spell does it all, and who the heck doesn't like casting diabolic rev for 15.
>>
>>54411929
>Esper Control
Cut 3 Cryptics and 2 Pushes, bring in 2 Dispel, 2 Runed Halo, 1 Celestial Purge

>Martyr Proc
Cut 2 Weathered Wayfarer and 4 Ghostly Prison for 2 Disenchant and 4 Leyline of Sanctity
>>
>>54411929
>living end
Bring in all the macabres and basically play the same as before. I've beaten the local GDS player twice by using macabre to fuck up his snap-denial.

>UW control
Already a reasonable match up for me, just bring in RIP and the extra blessed alliance, side out my own snaps

>titanshift
Swap 2 explores for relics, put in the leylines and pray. Discard really scrapes my bum.
>>
File: 65467576.jpg (189KB, 496x702px) Image search: [Google]
65467576.jpg
189KB, 496x702px
>>54411487
Yeah actually I got a buddy who turns Spellskites and Vault Skirges into 5/5s with Tezzeret. It's a pretty ok deck. It has good removal and it gets to run some fun stuff like Crucible or Worlds because any shitty artifact that is normally a liability can always just be turned into a 5/5.

He usually does poorly when we actually go to states and stuff together, so take that as you will, but the deck idea is certainly valid, perhaps it just needs some tuning.

>>54411136
She's qt, I don't know why you guys are being mean.

>>54411410
>tfw no more jackie lee and Melissa Detora

>>54411630
lorwyn for swamps and islands, ravnica 1 for plains, and kamigawa for mountains, and theros for forests.

>>54411929
game 1 Dryad Militant and Path are ok, and mirran crusader dodges a lot of their cards and creatures, then I bring in usually like 1 Devout Lightcaster
>>
>>54411929
Path, celestial flare, and blessed alliance
>>
>>54411929
>What's your deck's sideboard plan against GDS?
A 3rd Primal Command and a Chameleon Colossus. Honestly Ponza has a pretty good game 1 anyway. My big payoff creatures are 6/6.
>>
>>54400633
It's not just tasi and angler. There's also fatal push. Meanwhile, Tasi and Angler are immune to Bolt, Decay, and Push.
>>
Speaking of Ponza, could you guys please tell me what deck you play and how you feel about the matchup against it? Just trying to collect information.
>>
How are you feeling about the modern pro tour coming back?
>>
>>54412866
Untrue and fake news.
>>
I have a feeling there is going to be a Devoted Druid deck stealing the top spot of big events soon. Some versions Ive seen on MTGO just plain win on turn 3 if you do not have removal. Even then there have been times where they go off at instant speed in the face of removal. Also solid beat down backup in the deck. If you don't have multiple ways of disrupting them by T3 you pretty much can consider the game lost unless you get lucky and they whiff coco.
>>
>>Banned
>Eldrazi Temple
>Death's Shadow
>Ancient Stirrings

>>Unbanned
>Stoneforge Mystic
>Gitaxian Probe
>Eye of Ugin

How would you feel
>>
>>54413076
I wouldn't describe their backup plan as solid in the least. The deck plays 2 mana dorks and Grizzly Bears.
>>
>>54413112
it's shit
>>
>>54413116

1-3 copies of Gavony Township suddenly turns those mana dorks into a threat. Some lists run Knight of the Reliquary, which does get big fast. Finks stalls long enough to assemble the plan, and if they have a Vizier you can't deal with, good luck. There is a very strong deck that can come together, someone will find it.
>>
>>54413076
I have that feeling but for G/W CoCo. The Ghost Quarter synergies in Elephants.dec seem decent
>>
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/439072#online

What would some budget updates to this be?
>>
>>54413251
Add snapcaster mage, add the color black, bitterblossom, lands, fatal push

some lists run liliana of the veil, some have tasigur/gurmag
>>
>>54413112
>>Unbanned
>Gitaxian Probe
What about no.
>>54411971
>I """""""judge""""""" art by how it was made and how much the artist suffered
inb4 muh evil lazy modern artists and their empty rooms
>>
>>54413292
I don't need your suffering, I have my own shit to deal with. Now draw me a pretty picture.
>>
>>54413190
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sample-coco-druid-maymay/

here's a bad version if you want, Druid decks are really good but flounder in an interactionfag meta
>>
>>54412890
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/organized-play/2018s-pro-tours-and-2017s-worlds-2017-07-19

They already ban the most popular decks in the format. How much worse can it get? Let's see what happens.
>>
>>54413279
thanks
>>
>>54413112
I feel like you should fuck off.
>>
>>54411487
I'm not sure that it's a good deck, but I enjoy it and it has some great draws. Plays the grindy control game really well.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/13-02-17-modern-tezz/
>>
>>54413387
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sample-coco-druid-maymay/

A card will be printed or the deck solved such that it will be broken in half. I just have that feeling.
>>
I think the Thalia fag should back himself. Pathetic really
>>
Is there any making angels tribal or angel/human playable? Or would I need to play some shitty format like edh to play it
>>
File: NimbleObstructionist.jpg (33KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
NimbleObstructionist.jpg
33KB, 300x300px
Is this guy modern playable in blue red decks?
I want to believe
>>
>>54413753
I saw a Moon list that ran one in the main. It was one that top8 a decently large tournament too, might have been the cincinnati classic.
>>
>>54403607
If only green had access to enchantment removal...
>>
>>54413753
Looks like a fun care, but i think its no efficient enought to be good in modern. thats not to say its umplayable however.
>>
>>54411792
Way too much color for a swamp.
>>
>>54413772
makes sense, they love those singleton Vendillion Cliques. a flash 3/1 or squelch might be sweet.
>>
Ban serum visions literally EVERY blue deck plays it holy shit
>>
>>54415012
>Ban Thoughtseize every black deck plays it holy shit
>Ban IoK see above
>Ban Push see above above
>Ban Path, every white
>ban coco, every green
>ban bolt, self explanatory

Bonus: Ban Cavern of Souls every tribal deck plays it holy shit
>>
>>54415049
YOU'RE NOT WRONG
>>
>>54415105
Just ban black desu

On a more serious note I think visions is less offensive than any of the other ones except maybe path
>>
>>54415012
Only until they ban expedition map because literally every colorless deck plays it
>>
>>54415012
Then people will just play another mediocre spell like slight of hand, like how the did when ponder and preordain got banned.
>>
>>54413112
Pretty sure Gx tron is still viable, arguably gains something from it. GB Tron would likely be the best variant and would likely run a combination of x4 Collective Brutality, x4 Fatal push to replace stirrings. Having that much inevitability is probably worth not having a pseudo-tutor for late game.
>>
>>54413753
Thinking one or two in UW or Jeskai Flash. Some spreading seas deck that isn't control but tempo.
>>
>>54411136
but value
>>
>>54413237
>The Ghost Quarter synergies in Elephants.dec
I'm not familiar with this. Is there a specific list you're talking about? Recent tourny results don't appear to show anything, but I am digging through >MTGTop8
>>
>>54415049
Cavern of Souls is honestly an unhealthy card.
>>
>>54416743
I actually don't disagree. It gets run in anything with enough type overlap.

That said I want more reflecting pools builds.
>>
>>54416698
there's a bunch of articles on it by todd stevens, the deck is basically manadorks, voice of ressurgences and scoozes, a suite of 3drops that synergize with quarters (azusa, ramunap, courser of kruphix, knight of the rel, tireless tracker, rallier), 4 cocos and paths. Manabase is G/W with 4 Quarters.

Basically just plays CoCo elephants but has a solid land destruction angle
>>
Any affinity players here? I bought a single Mox Opal, Arcbound Ravager, and Inkmoth Nexus today, going to slowly rebuild the entire deck over the next few paychecks I get.

I'm wondering if Glint-Nest Crane is actually worth running? The list I'm looking at runs 2 Glint-Nest Crane's over 2 more Galvanic Blasts. Galv Blast has won me games in the past so idk how comfortable I would feel with taking direct burn out of the deck in favor of of a 1/3 flyer. Any thoughts?
>>
When's the best time to pick up cards that are rotating out of standard?
Does everyone just firesale that shit the day rotation happens or do they start selling their shit off like a month ahead of rotation?

I was interested in picking up some B/W spirits.
>>
>>54417169
Should have bought some Death's Shadows.
>>
Should I embrace the jank and try running 1 or 2 Sunscourge Champions in BW Tokens? I feel like with the anthems the recursion as a token might be nice.
>>
File: SPEED.png (3MB, 1680x1049px) Image search: [Google]
SPEED.png
3MB, 1680x1049px
>>54388114
Slag fiend is fun
>>
>>54417197
Usually the price has bottomed out to its new lower price by the time the rotator set releases. Just wait until like a day or two after the official release from Standard. Cards only go up in value if they have use in eternal formats, but you can obviously tell when that happens.
>>
>>54417826
Okay, thanks.
>>
>>54417312
You still can they're lik $9.
>>
>>54417814
what created the zombies?
>>
>>54417885
Bridge from below
>>
>>54417312
>Affinity is still putting up better performances that Death's Shit

Lmaoing at your life, fotm kid.
>>
>>54417814
Looks fun. Do you have a list you're willing to share?
>>
File: 1497835044439.jpg (78KB, 480x602px) Image search: [Google]
1497835044439.jpg
78KB, 480x602px
>>54418026

He's not fotm, he's one of the many "people" who can't stand a tier 1 deck having blue in it that also destroys their various mono-colored, four card combo shitbrews. There's probably a dozen or so of these mouthbreathers that respond to every question in this general with

>play 1 mana 7/7s with 1 mana negate up and 5 other perfect answers in his hand xD
>just play *insert most current popular deck* instead xD

I'm not sure if they're edgy 14 y/os or just Desolator drones that just parrot anything that bashes decks that punish their shitty memebrews.
>>
File: notfinal.png (1MB, 1418x430px) Image search: [Google]
notfinal.png
1MB, 1418x430px
>>54418352
I just started building it tonight, so it's pretty all over the place right now. I've had some weirdly grindy games with bridge from below and salvage titan, but it also has pretty much every enabler for turn 1 bullshit I can cram in.
>>
Why in the fuck do people play Blue control at PPTQs or GPs? It constantly leads to draws lowering your odds and the deck fucking sucks to boot
>At a PPTQ
>watching games
>its like 4th of 7 rounds
>two X-1s are still in their match
>crowd has gathered to watch them
>about ten minutes left on the clock, game 3
>its a control mirror
>they both are just draw going and counter wars occasionally
>dude resolves new Gideon finally
>both are at fucking 20 life nearly
>its turns now
>theres absolutely no way either one will beat each other
>dude revs for 3 to make it really impossible for Gideon to kill him
>they draw and get knocked out if top 8 because of it
And nearly every round a blue cucktrol player goes to time even against stuff like Affinity, why the fuck would you torture yourself like that and risk your top 8 chance getting draws?
>>
>>54419255
This is why blue is not allowed to be good.
>>
>>54419355
If you cant play control fast dont play it at all
A Scry 2 off of Serum Visions should take 10 seconds, ive no joke seen people take the better half of a minute scrying off Visions.
If you have to look at your hand repeatedly and think about every spell put on the stack and if you should counter it then for the sake of us all do not play Control
If you take over 5 minutes to sideboard then do not play Control, and honestly dont play Magic at all
>>
>>54419413
>blue is too smart for blue players
>>
>>54419355
The reason blue is not allowed to be good is it generates two seperate but equally autistic playstyles. Solitaire masturbation combos where you use endless blue cantrips to find your dumb infinite combo, and Blue control decks that drag the game out to turn 15 before finally deploying a threat, generally they flick through their hand like they are on coke and hum exaggeratedly at every fucking spell thats put on the stack while also taking forever to perform simple game actions like scrying and sideboarding.

Wizards really needs to rework Blue, Vendilion Clique and the new Nimble Obstructionist are great ways to make blue less irritating. They are powerful, evasive creatures with a disruptive ability that fits with blues flavor.
>>
File: Bant-Panorama.jpg (91KB, 620x430px) Image search: [Google]
Bant-Panorama.jpg
91KB, 620x430px
>>54411630
>>54411725
alara was real good

>>54411929
jam a bunch of blood moons and chalices
>>
>>54412846

Bant spirits. I can deal with land destruction easily but blood moon fucks me up
>>
>Past in Flames is terrible
>Recoup isn't modern legal

God I want another color to be able to meaningfully interact with spells other than Blue.
>>
>>54419255
>bad players play slow

What a story!
>>
File: 1484784276706.jpg (17KB, 460x423px) Image search: [Google]
1484784276706.jpg
17KB, 460x423px
>>54420076
Bant spirits. Got a list I could see? I've been pondering that as of late.
>>
Cabal Therapy would be healthier for the format than Thoughtseize is currently.
>>
>>54419548
>bad players play a non-linear, reactive deck slowly

YOU DON'T SAY
>>
>>54420418
Probably, but only because Young Pyromancer isn't really a thing in Modern.
>>
>>54418375
>desolator

Is that dude even serious or is he just acting like that to get more views?
>>
>>54421774
I'm pretty sure he's serious

IIRC he doxxed another youtuber who posted something bad about him
>>
File: grond.png (19KB, 736x265px) Image search: [Google]
grond.png
19KB, 736x265px
rate my meme-brew
>>
>>54422162
run CoCo and primal forcemage for maximum memeage
>>
>>54421801
>doxxed
>>
File: t6[1].jpg (119KB, 660x407px) Image search: [Google]
t6[1].jpg
119KB, 660x407px
>>54422199
>Primal Forcemage

I'm not going to spend money on CoCo for this deck though lmao
>>
>>54422162
6/10
>no nobles
>>
>>54423519
see
>>54423445

nobles would be awesome but I'd rather use them in a more serious deck If I could afford them
>>
>>54420166
>>54420900
Samefag
>>
>>54424577
>>54424577

new thread
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.