[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does you local game store allow "vaping"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 19

File: Vapor-Joe-vapefest.jpg (75KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
Vapor-Joe-vapefest.jpg
75KB, 550x366px
Does you local game store allow "vaping"?
>>
>>54385242
Oh absolutely. I would go to a store that didn't let me blow my big, billowy clouds of cotton.
>>
>>54385242
I can't imagine they do.
>>
>>54385287
Likewise, mtg isnt the same without chunky rips off my fat lightsaber
>>
You killed a good thread for this, OP. You bastard.
>>
>>54385287

Hi Griffin. Looking forward to the end of The Adventure Zone!
>>
>>54385242
Only full blown retards use this shit
>>
>>54385242
sigh
>>
>>54385370
Say this to me IRL and I'd blow a thick, cottony cloud in your face so dense that you'll never escape from.
>>
>>54385242
Not living in the same area as retards, I haven't had to find out
>>
>>54385242
Before my LGS switched owners, they used to allow vaping indoors. It was the biggest turn off in the fucking world since about 80% of the regulars vape.
>>
Cloudchasers are the worst. You killed a thread that had actual /tg/ related discussion for this shitty thread.
>>
Uhh, can we have some posts from those whose /tg/ acquaintances vape and are not hipsters/assholes about it?

t. DM who started vaping but is self-conscious about it

>>54385242
Don't think so. Although, didn't visit one for a couple of years now. I get PDFs via internet and run games at my house.
>>
>>54385825
Choke on your mouth fedora.
>>
>>54385825
Every player I have played with who vapes at the tanle or takes "vape breaks" has been an asshole about it. They blow their disgusting flavoured garbage all over the place and stink up the whole room. I no longer play with anyone who vapes during game sessions.
>>
I would report the store for a public health violation in the presence of children. Go outside and smoke cigarettes like a normal degenerate, you gaping vags.

Seriously vaping is like being a brony, it's an irredeemable sin that makes you look like a tool.
>>
>>54385825
>not hipsters/assholes about it?
i'm not sure that's possible
everyone i know who vapes is horribly obnoxious about it, and there was a guy a while ago in the shop who just blew massive clouds of smoke about the shop while playing magic because 'it's safe brah!'
if we wanted fog we'd buy a smoke machine.
>>
>>54385825
>t. DM who started vaping but is self-conscious about it
You're right to feel self-conscious about it. Vaping is basically the most uncool thing a human being can do; it looks stupid, and it shows a lack of common courtesy and disregard for literally everybody around you. Despite the terrible health effects of smoking cigarettes, at least that shit looks cool.
>>
File: CeHKMxSW8AAy-PC.jpg (38KB, 600x369px) Image search: [Google]
CeHKMxSW8AAy-PC.jpg
38KB, 600x369px
>>
>>54386088
>if we wanted fog we'd buy a smoke machine.
You found your own solution there, bud. Buy a fog machine, set it up to blow right in his retard face.
>>
>>54385825
Just don't vape while DMing. How hard is that?
>>
File: mylad.gif (846KB, 280x498px) Image search: [Google]
mylad.gif
846KB, 280x498px
>>54386183

>Not blowing huge clouds of smoke while you describe the dragon
>>
>>54385352
>>54385601
Nah, it was just an autosaging /40kg/.
>>
>>54385412
Talking tough in a anonymous board...
>>
>>54385825
One of the owners of my LFGS started vaping to stop smoking (he became father recently), but he still doesn't vape inside the store.
>>
One member of my group does, we all just cringe and ignore it. He doesn't do it inside, though, he goes out the front and does. A couple of the employees smoke, so I guess they don't care. The store is very clean and smells nice, even with the presence of dozens of bearded autists on a nightly basis.
>>
>>54385825
>Uhh, can we have some posts from those whose /tg/ acquaintances vape and are not hipsters/assholes about it?
Do you even hear yourself right now? "Somebody doesn't like vaping so they must not have experience with vapes or non-hipster vapers." You are one of the very hipster assholes you are complaining about right now.
>>
>>54385412
This is why people don't like vapers.
>>
>Smoke Malboros on and off
>5 years ago, "Eww dude gross."
>Now, "Fuck man aren't those nasty, at least you're not a vape kid, can I bum one off ya?"

A blessing in disguise
>>
>>54386119
come here to post this
>>
>>54385825
Hipster/asshole/unacquaainted has nothing to do with it anon. If you smoke indoors in a public place you are cancer and deserve to be splattered on the pavement.
>>
>>54386095
I don't use e-cig near others. Tbh also would be content with little to no smoke.

>>54386183
I don't, go out to the balcony for that.
>>
>>54386278
It's not hurting you, bruh.
>>
>>54385242
I didn't know neckbeards like the taste of synthetic mystic pineapple from their mechanical juice box of smoke.
>>
I've yet to meet a vaper who wasn't a major asshole, it's been 100% foolproof so far with determine what kind of person they are.
>>
btw you know that vaping - by recent reaserch is as harmfull as smoking ? Not saying anyone should quit - Im all pro choice but saying im healthier then a smoker is just ourtight lie
>>
>>54386095
My own personal conspiracy theory is that the anti-vape meme has been created by big tobacco, because of statements like this.
I smoke, i never vaped, but i can still see the advantages to electronic administration of nicotine.
It's much more healthy than tobacco use, it's cheaper and it has the advantage of more freedom of choice in regards to flavors etc.

The fact that you can be a giant dick about vaping is besides the point. I personally never do anything that'd bother someone sitting in the same room as me.
Smoking, playing music, eating smelly food, it's just common courtesy.

Just can't help to wonder why though, that a new popular technology made by new startups which aim to replace the expensive defacto vice of a huge percentage of americans all of the sudden gets branded as something for hipsters and fedoras?
>>
>>54386340
In which case, I'm going to bring along a tinny sound bar and use it to play Ariana Grande's biggest hits for the duration of the session. I mean, you've got no reason to protest, it's not like it's hurting you.
>>
>>54386340
So if I opened a can of soda and poured it on your head then you have absolutely no right to be pissed at me because "It's not hurting you, bruh."
>>
>>54386381
Matt Ward vaps so theres that
>>
>>54386393
>can of soda
>not hurting you
nice try
>>
Anyone who vapes in an FLGS should be put to death. End. Of. Story. There is no excuse for that nasty smelling shit.
>>
>>54386391
I actually unironically love Ariana Grande

>>54386393
>causing material damage to my clothing and any electronic devices (vape pen included) on my person
>not hurting me
Try again, asshole.
>>
>>54386435
Just replace can of soda with bottle of water, same concept. Your picking apart small insignificant details in a larger argument.
>>
File: DFBox1hW0AAAWem.jpg (15KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
DFBox1hW0AAAWem.jpg
15KB, 720x720px
>>
>>54386450
Smokers as well. Most smokers smell like fucking shit. Also unwashed fatasses.
>>
>>54386456
>That spoiler
How the fuck is that even possible?

If I hear One Last Time one more time, I'm going to fucking flip a table.
>>
>>54386456
It was an analogy jackass, I was trying to get you to understand that going around blowing foul smelling clouds of bullshit into people's face is incredibly rude and a great way of making you look like a fucking asshole. I can think of other things if you want:
>smearing jam on your face
>kicking up dirt on your shoes
>drawing on your face with a marker
>high pitched shrieking
>>
>>54386485
I mean you don't like vaping so you've already demonstrated your shit taste. I guess it just continues into your taste in music.
>>
>>54386529
If you don't want a facefull of god's good cotton, you shouldn't come at me with your vapehate, friendo.
>>
>>54386238
And it was still better than this thread.
>>
>>54386225
Your post and gif made me want to die
>>
>>54385242
Hopefully every store accommodates Homosexuals, it'd be immoral otherwise.
>>
>>54386386
It just doesn't appeal to normal people. It's that simple. No normal person legitimately likes vaping.
>>
>>54386549
Responding to people's hate towards you by being an asshole only reinforces people's hate towards you. That's my point.
>>
>>54386531
>vaping is indicative of good taste
OK, when did I enter the Warp, and how do I leave Nurgle's Garden?
>>
>>54385242
Thankfully no, any kind of smoking vaping etc is not like even outright prohibited, but just looked down upon so much that its just common sense for everyone not to do something like that.
>>
>>54386386
>My own personal conspiracy theory is that the anti-vape meme has been created by big tobacco, because of statements like this.
No, big tobacco just had decades of free reign to force cigarettes into EVERY SINGLE form of popular culture we consumed to give it that cache. People think smoking looks cool because cool people in movies right now smoke because cool people in movies 20 years ago smoked because cool people in movies 40 years ago smoked because cool people in movies 70 years ago smoked because tobacco companies paid them to do so. Vaping doesn't have the same kind of branding and is also hurt by a huge number of of vegan-style sanctimonious douchebags who need others to not only accept their choices, but also laud them constantly.
>>
Have two local game stores nearby that I used to frequent pretty evenly. One started allowing vaping inside the store. I no longer go to that store.
>>
File: vape-10.jpg (117KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vape-10.jpg
117KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>54386386
Yeah no shit the meme was started by big tobacco, that doesn't make it any less true. Two kind of people use vapes: people trying to quit smoking and assholes who've always thought they'd look cool smoking near other people. People who vape are the kind of people who would go around some shitty party spraying peoples' wrists with hemp oil telling them they'll get high if they inhale it.
>>
>>54386673
>vegan-style sanctimonious douchebags
I once had the displeasure of attending a friend's dinner party where another guest brought a vaping vegan as her date. This creature spent the entire meal complaining about how disgusting having to look at our steaks was while blowing her foul smelling smoke right at the table (never once asking the host if it was okay to vape inside his home). When they finally left everybody else just breathed one big sigh of relief.
>>
>>54385242
Lol no but I have a fried that does it outside. Good riddance.n
>>
>>54385825
I quit smoking after 11 years and started vaping. I own a very simple one, one that doesnt even rips fat clouds, more like a large puff on a cigarette, and even though we have laws against smoking and vaping indoors, the management lets me, because I dont cloud up the place and Im not a dick
>>
>>54386819
>we have laws against smoking and vaping indoors
>not a dick
Pick one, anon.
>>
>>54386587
What's your argument? "No normal person likes doing something that is potentially harmful for their health"? Well yeah. Anything else?
>>
>>54386819
I hope you spend enough money there to make up for the business they lose due to your inability to walk outside like a decent fucking human being.
>>
>>54385242
Yes. Its not a problem. Until someone decides to blow vapor all over the playing field. I get it. You play prossh. But damn it man, humidity and cards do not get along. And my playmat smells like artificial flavoring now.
>>
>>54386734
That cant be healtht.
>>
File: dales.jpg (566KB, 1100x733px) Image search: [Google]
dales.jpg
566KB, 1100x733px
>tfw vaping is banned like smoking is in pubs/shops/trains here
>generally just old people trying to kick their 40-a-day habit and not some obnoxious stoner-esque culture

God Save The Queen
>>
Vaping helped me quit cigarettes after 5 years of 1 pack a day. They allow vaping but I understand that the people around me can be annoyed by the smell so I do it outside out of common courtesy. Doesnt matter how good you think your shit smells it doest mean other people want to smell it or be enveloped by an autistic cloud of vapor.
>>
>>54387068

You're a good egg mate.
>>
>>54386435
So it would actually cause you physical injury to have a can of soda poured over your head?

Wow, man. I'm sorry you have to live like that, that's pretty pathetic.
>>
>>54387105
>that's pretty pathetic
Says the guy who thinks a cloud of water vapor is cause to throw a shit fit.
>>
>>54387138
fouls smelling water vapor blown directly into the face without permission and against the will of the person being subjected to it.
>>
>>54387190
>a whiff of a smell I don't like is comparable to being doused with soda
Oh, so you're just a retard. This is starting to make sense now.
>>
>>54387138
More like dense cloud of vapor that reeks of synthetic fruit that I didn't ask to have around me.

Kill yourself senpai
>>
File: 1488573922335.jpg (27KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1488573922335.jpg
27KB, 321x322px
>>54385242
Why the dislike for vaping?

I'm not a vaper myself, just wondering.
>>
>>54387289
I just dislike the smell, and I'm a little worried it might harm my minis.
>>
>>54386384
[Citation needed]
I believe the current consensus is the vaping is probably safer than smoking but we won't know if it's actually safe for another 20 or 30 years. Then if vapers start dropping dead from new and interesting forms of cancer we'll know it wasn't that safe after all
>>
File: GetFuckedVapers.jpg (146KB, 717x1359px) Image search: [Google]
GetFuckedVapers.jpg
146KB, 717x1359px
>>
My FLGS banned it after it got really bad with the Yugi-oh crowd. On their night there would be almost a foot of smoke on the ceiling of the shop from all those guys trying to do vape tricks over their games. The worst part was they all had these really obnoxious flavors(scents?) so the place smelled like a candy store on fire. The owner banned them cause the place started to stink real bad.
>>
>>54387289
>Why the dislike for vaping?
If you keep that shit to yourself it's mostly okay, it just makes you look like a bit of a tool, but that's neither here nor there. The big problem is assholes like >>54385412 who think that blowing smoke in people's faces or on their property is okay.
>>
>>54387355
Don't forget the jerks who think filling a room with their unwanted stench clouds is doing a favor to others.
>>
>>54387321
in theory it should be safer, the problem is the autistic screeching that accompanies calls for GMP, quality control and drug registration means there's very little regulation and a number of liquids have fun contaminants like benzene in.
>>
I started vaping to quit smoking, 1 month as of yesterday. I don't do it inside establishments or other people's homes. If you still think I'm a faggot then feel free to jog on and keep being a judgemental prick.
>>
>>54387238
It's an analogy, I'm not saying it's comparable, I'm just saying that the "It's not hurting you" argument is fucking retarded because it's still unpleasant. Also it's not a "whiff" it's a massive, dense cloud of visibly congealed water vapor.
>>
File: BulldogCigar1.jpg (37KB, 350x541px) Image search: [Google]
BulldogCigar1.jpg
37KB, 350x541px
>Not smoking cigars

Vapers are nothing but poor limp wristed scum.
>>
>>54387513
I used to smoke cigars pretty often before I switched to vaping. I still wouldn't do either inside a game store.
>>
>>54387463
Lots of things are unpleasant when you're out in public, especially the unique mixture of BO and Axe that oozes out of the hambeasts that come out for Friday Night Magic. If anything, my vape cloud is probably a moment sweet relief to most.
>>
>>54387460
So did I. Just don't forget the final step. That is to quit vaping. Otherwise you never truly intended to quit.
>>
>>54387561
Yeah, working towards that. Tried quitting vaping last week but couldn't make it last, gonna try again in another 2. On the low nicotine stuff at least, so there's that.
>>
>>54387321
Look up 'popcorn lung'
>>
>>54387513

>cigars

Mate I guarantee you smell like the back of your Gran's drinking cabinet.
>>
>>54387550
That's a Straw Man argument. Just because other people happen to smell, doesn't mean you're completely justified in deliberately blowing clouds into people's faces at point blank range, it's a difference in intention here.
>>
>>54387550
please kill yourself
>>
>>54387605
Good luck, anon!
>>
>>54385242
Outside.
>>
>>54387617
The same 2 chemicals that cause that are also in cigarettes, in much higher dose I might add. Also there is not a single recorded case of popcorn lung from either cigarettes or vaping, although that could be because nobody is looking for it autopsies of cig smokers with lung issues.
>>
>>54387643
Thank you, I appreciate it!
>>
>>54387513

>Anon at his FLGS.mp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpyBxXeTbDA
>>
>>54387623
You only get blown on if you try to step to me with bullshit about my choices that don't actually affect you, hambeasts like you reek on everyone regardless of how they're acting. You're damn right there's a difference in intention, I'm not intentionally attacking the nostrils of everybody within a 2 block radius, just those that try to disrespect me and my rig.

>>54387636
You first, fampai!
>>
>>54387670
Diacetyl (the ingredient that causes popcorn lung) is only present in vape solutions and artificial popcorn flavoring. Would you like to know more?
>>
>>54387289
because vapers think that crop dusting my children is ok because "it doesn't even smell bro' why u mad?!" every time i see a person vaping indoors i want grab the thing and throw it out the window.
>>
>>54387725
Yeah. It's also in regular cigarettes, as is the other chemical associated with popcorn lung. Both are at much lower does in vaping solutions.

t. Someone who has actually looked into the scant research there is on the subject and didn't just pretend to know shit
>>
>>54387693
Did you not read this >>54386606?
>>
>When you win the Magic game
>>
People who vape indoors or at the train station are inconsiderate and annoying, but as annoying as the people who smoke weed at train stations.
>>
>>54387024
you're fuckin those sheep, aren't you...
>>
No, smoking indoors in public locations is banned in my country and this law also covers the use of vapes.
>>
>Standing outside LGS with friends
>they all start vaping
>huge smokescreen that stinks of fruit shampoo forms
>begin to wonder if I'll find myself in Narnia once the smoke clears
I preferred it when they did the cancer sticks.
>>
The only vapers I've ever seen in person are my parents and a single guy at my work. As a non-smoker, all I can say is that I vastly prefer the vapor based on smell alone. Tobacco smoke is like passing by a running diesel truck and marijuana is even worse. The vape shit tends to be a mild fruit scent that passes after a few seconds. Like passing through a cloud of women's shampoo.
>>
>tfw vape using scentless oils and a regular stick
>tfw my clothes no longer stink of cigarette smoke and I have about $100 more each month to blow at the LGS

If the idiots who go around blasting the entire rainbow of scents at people just switched to regular oil this wouldn't be a problem. It costs a lot less, too.
>>
File: 1489460593270.jpg (129KB, 736x990px) Image search: [Google]
1489460593270.jpg
129KB, 736x990px
>>54385242
>>
>>54387024
>tfw my city is being flooded by londoners who vape without a hint of irony
>all whilst they cause housing prices to skyrocket

save me fampai
>>
>>54385242
My local store owner is a passive aggressive shit and refers to the "vape pipes" (whatever the fuck they're called) as douche nozzles.

Strangely enough it seems to adequately describe the type of people who vape, so I dunno...
>>
>>54387781
OK. What is the other chemical associated with popcorn lung? Because both OSHA and the FDA only list diacetyl.
>>
What's with the vape craze and why do people give so much of a fuck about it?
>>
>>54388126
Hipsters.
>>
>>54385242
One of the rules besides "If we can smell you, you will be asked to leave" is No mouth fedoras."

The joke is funny but not everyone realizes what the owner means.
>>
>>54388081
Do your own research. You didn't even know regular cigarette smoke contains diacetyl, it's not my job to educate you.
>>
>>54388145
I do this very kind of research. Which is why I know you're full of shit. Too bad there is no 'second chemical' that capers are magically protected from.
>>
One of the three did, but it's closed and the people who ran it are variously dead or on the run from federals.
>>
>>54388192
I never said they were protected from anything. I doubt you do any kind of research at all given how terrible your reading comprehension is. All I've stated is that the chemicals and inhaled food flavorings associated with popcorn lung are present in much higher concentrations in regular cigarettes, which apparently even with your amazing research abilities you still had no clue about.

Time to find a new line of work, bud. Best of luck to you.
>>
>>54387855
implying you wouldn't brah.
>>
>>54386485
That one raghead hated her so much he tried to suicide bomb her.
>>
>>54388284
I hope you realize that the surgeon general has stated that vaping is as bad as cigarettes
>>
>>54388284
Sorry hipster. But you're absolutely wrong and that's why you have no evidence, which is why you respond with insults. It may work at McDonald's, but it doesn't work in the real world.
>>
>>54388313
Reread my posts and tell me where I said anything even remotely conflicting with that statement. I even said there is "scant" research on the subject so far, and even offered up a reason as to why there could still be popcorn lung happening even without a single reported case of it from vaping or smoking so far.

>>54388332
So you're butthurt that I know more about it than you. Got it.
>>
>>54388381
Yep, I'm butthurt that some idiot spouts nonsense that he can't back up. That second chemical's name is?
>>
>>54388412
You'll have to wait until you can build a time machine and go back to know even the basics about just diacetyl, then I'll grace you with the ancient mystical knowledge required to use Google.
>>
>>54387693
Are you fucking 15? What kind of water headed retard actually uses the phrasing "step to me"? Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>54387693
>disrespect me and my rig

oh lawdy I am dying, people like this are real?
>>
>>54388490
You dodge questions like Mayweather dodges punches.
>>
>>54388623
*draws sword* I'll butter your bread!
>>
>>54387693
Oh sweet Lord this is beautiful.
>>
>not smoking cigars in your basement with your friends while you game
plebs
>>
>>54388697
*unzips dick*
*tepelorts behind U*
Pssssh... nothing parasol... kid...
>>
File: 1500046960187.png (366KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1500046960187.png
366KB, 800x450px
Vaping is fucking retarded, and while not actual smoke it should be treated and respected as if it was tobacco, at least in a public place.

Literally the most autistic shit seeing anyone vape indoors that's not their own house, hate going to a shop and seeing 3 grease giants suckling on robo-dicks during a game of AoSigmar

t. vaping for 4 years, dming for 6
>>
>>54388659
I'm not dodging it, I'm straight up refusing to answer you. You are dodging the fact that your initial statements and """research""" we're flawed and inaccurate, however. Which is pretty funny because the second chemical doesn't even matter; it's where you've shifted your goalposts because your initial statement was shown to be flat-out incorrect ("only ecigarette juice and popcorn flavoring contains diacetyl") as well as incomplete.
With that disproven the rest of what you said has no meaning, including your attempts at being a smartass, so the only thing left for you to do is cry "hipster!" and pick apart my statements which have already proven to be more accurate than yours.

Which is exactly why I'm not going to answer your question.

Tl;Dr next time do some actual research, Mr. "researcher".
>>
>>54385331
I can't imagine they wouldn't, as it's literally water vapor.
>>
Sorry for the delay in responding, the "nanny state" (AKA my boss) won't let me vape at my desk so I had to step outside for a break.

>>54387784
If people are such delicate flowers that a little pleasant smelling vapor gets them in my face they deserve all the assholishness I can give them. After all, they started it.

>>54388623
>Are you fucking 15?
Says the guy who thinks a reasoned reaction to a cloud of nice smelling vapor is dumping a can of soda on him.

>>54388641
We're plenty real and if you ever got out of your mom's basement you'd know our numbers are only growing.
>>
>>54388932
Let me just fill up a windex bottle and spray you with it constantly. It's just water.
>>
>>54386288
Big tobacco wins again.
>>
File: 1500340754989.jpg (95KB, 680x649px) Image search: [Google]
1500340754989.jpg
95KB, 680x649px
>>54388934
>>
>>54388934
There's no way this isn't a joke.
>>
File: 1500336855089.png (318KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1500336855089.png
318KB, 540x540px
>>54388953
But it's not, you literal retard.
>>
>>54388953
Lol wat. Vaping is gay but come on.
>>
>>54386393
>>54388953
This is the toughest talk you guys can come up with? No wonder you've never touched any girl's vagina except your mum's.
>>
>>54388932
The fumes have a real tendency to give people headaches. It's usually not allowed indoors here.
>>
>>54389147
Hey, that's uncalled for.
They might have been C-sections.
>>
>>54389159
Do they ban perfume there too?
>>
>>54386435
Prove it. Aspartame is safe af. Probably safer than corn syrup tbqhwy fampire
>>
>>54387351
Niggers, that's why.
>>
>>54389564
Corn syrup is no worse than other sugars it's just stupidly cheap so it gets poured in cheap foods in massive amounts
>>
>>54387693
As a guy sitting at his desk with two mods in easy reach, you are a fucking cancer to society. I treat vaping around people the same way I do smoking. Try not to blow it on other people, apologize if you do and don't do it again. If you're going to vape, don't do it inside somebody else's home or business and have the common fucking courtesy to step outside.
>>
>>54388934
>nice smelling vapor
>aka liquid that was literally inside of neckbeard's mouth

yeah nah, I used to vape and it's fine (faggots who think it's "lame" compared to cigs are full blown retarded because not only did they get goy'd by propaganda to the point that they think cigs are somehow cooler, but cigarettes also mcfucking kill you) but doing that shit inside a public building is disgraceful. I don't want to smell fruity shit that came out of your lungs.

>hurr we're in the same building breathing expelled air anyway

yeah but this vapor shit is way more liquid and obnoxious. it sticks to things. plus maybe I don't like your particularly brand of faggot cloud.
>>
>>54388934

Guys, it was obvious a long time ago that this is bait. Leave it be.
>>
>>54388887
Thank you, somebody who is reasonable. Nobody likes having shit blown in their face, so don't do it. Especially not indoors, unless that's expected (ie: a vape shop, and basically only then).
>>
>>54389046
It is. Clean, sterile water. It's probably the closest thing you get to a bath.

This is why I keep a faulty charger around. It blows up douche flutes.
>>
>>54389893
>Pretending to have the moral high ground while talking about willfully destroying other peoples' property
:thinking:
>>
>>54385242
It doesn't forbid it. But then my country did not ban smoking in restaurants until '17 and we're competing for highest per capita consumption of beer, hard liquor, smokes, sugar and possibly couple other substances shady enough not to have official statistics.
>>
>>54390026
>Vaping subhumans
>People
Pick one.
>>
>>54390056
You're just as bad as the anon who wants to blow his vape smoke in other peoples's faces, anon.
>>
>>54386340
except vaping produces dangerous toxins that can cause lung disease and cancer :)
>>
>>54385825
>Uhh
BBEG
>>
>>54389819
Cigs ARE cooler because you don't have a bunch of self-righteous dicks preaching about how awesome they are for you.

As a smoker, you feel ashamed, get stuck outside, and have a constant existential conversation about how your vice will kill you. It's literally the opposite for vapes; only trendy teenagers and self-righteous douches vape.
>>
>>54390156
Even if vaping was completely safe or even beneficial it would still be fucking obnoxious. Like snacking on raw onions or not bathing for a week
>>
File: ronny-chesterfield-2.jpg (145KB, 610x777px) Image search: [Google]
ronny-chesterfield-2.jpg
145KB, 610x777px
>>54390294
>>
>>54390401
>Like snacking on raw onions or not bathing for a week

To be fair, these things are cute if a girl does them.
>>
Vaping makes my eyes itch, and it has a gross residue that clings to everything for weeks. I'd never shop at a store that allowed it, much less buy one of their vape-infused products.
>>
>>54390494
>it's cute when a girl smells like shit
>>
>>54386386
I heard most of the oils people vape gives you popcorn lung
>>
File: 1451348280242.jpg (245KB, 568x864px) Image search: [Google]
1451348280242.jpg
245KB, 568x864px
It is allowed if the person is being reasonable. You can do it for your nicotine fix while you game without blowing big puffs of obvious clouds.

If someone is doing that, then the manager will come over and ask them to change their settings or step outside to do it. And the managers watches, he doesn't have to be asked. He's very good at his job.

I don't mind it at all, especially if the person is one of the people who does it for the good reasons and they're not distracting themselves or others with it.

I go to another store occasionally for magic tournaments and at the store it's a fad, and almost no one does it for the actual quitting smoking reason, and they all sit around making "clouds" and they look stupid. And they do it right at the table, and do it towards people next to them when they "try to do it away from the table". But I'm not totally surprised since this store is actually a lot worse than my usual store for a variety of other unrelated reasons as well.
>>
>>54390604
Not in the short or medium term, the levels are too low. Long term we are still waiting on data
>>
The stupid vapers have to blow their mouth fedoras when the owner isn't looking and then they act really big about how they are too lazy and fat to go outside to do their nasty shit unlike the cigarette people. I truly wish that shit causes cancer.
>>
Part of my group smokes, and is fucking disgusting not to mention they have to take breaks which interrupts the game flow. At least one of them is trying to stop smoking so he took up vaping. It's far less disgusting and doesn't interrupt the game. I prefer vapers over smokers any day.
>>
>>54388934
>Says the guy who thinks a reasoned reaction to a cloud of nice smelling vapor is dumping a can of soda on him.

>Everyone who disagrees with me is the same person
>>
>>54391014
>Part of my group smokes
the real reason I double-sleeve my cards
>>
>>54385242
Not allowed in the store. But it doesnt stop the faggot neckbeards from acting like steam engines right outside the fucking entrance. Gotta time your entrance just right to avoid getting a face full
>>
Most laws are starting to consider vaping "smoking" and thus banned in certain places. It's fairly annoying, regardless.
>>
>>54391030
>nice smelling vapor
>>
>>54386992
Spoiler: it's not healthy.
>>
>>54385242
Not inside but the owner and all the employees are smokers so theres always a ton just outside the front door smoking cigs. Most of the people vaping smoke weed (classic LA) and no one seems to care
>>
>>54391809
Ugh, the only people more self righteous than vapers are people who vape pot.
>>
>>54389721
It is worse because it's less sweet so you have to add more for taste. And it's only that cheap because the goverment subsidizes corn farms.
>>
>>54385242
I would play old school wargames with people who vape so when the artillery goes off or naptha and fires catch he could put a giant cloud all over the battlefield.
>>
>>54385242
"Do that shit outside dickwad"
-local store owner
>everyone clapped
>>
>>54391030
>nice smelling vapor
If someone would come to you and fart in the direction of your face, would you classify that as a 'nice smelling vapor' too?
>>
>>54390657
>we are still waiting for people to die of cancer to say if it's dangerous for your health!
>>
What the fuck is going on in this thread
>>
It is allowed, and generally those that do don't make a show out of it, it's just easier then taking a smoke outside.

There is only one fatfuck who is a cock about it.
>>
I have no problem with vaping as a practice.

Problem is the people who are huge vape-heads. They tend to be obnoxious as fuck. People saying "Vaping is my hobby" is fucking cancerous.

Basically, Vaping is a lot like MLP. Nothing inherently wrong with it IMO but the fan base is utter garbage
>>
>>54385242
Why is vaping in quotation marks? Is not really vaping? Is "vaping" code for something?
>>
>>54394080
that would be (((vaping)))

I assume OP sees the neologism not as a valid word
>>
>>54394080
polishing flesh sabers with your mouth/bootyhole
>>
File: 1470242810939.jpg (115KB, 600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1470242810939.jpg
115KB, 600x1067px
>>54393304

Maybe..
>>
>>54393820

We call this the Californian mindset
>>
It's treated like any other type of smoking

When the group decides that they're going to go on break you can go outside and do it there. You can spend all day trying to convince me that it's fine and harmless, I don't care. Outside or not at all
>>
>>54393959
One anon trolls by pretending to be the shittiest kind of vapelord and the masses take the bait hook, line, and sinker.
>>
>>54388932
>as it's literally water vapor.
Your lungs convert propylene glycol and vegetable glycerine into water? Holy shit, dude, you need to contact scientists. You're a medical miracle that demands to be studied.
>>
File: SamusConfusion.png (39KB, 353x364px) Image search: [Google]
SamusConfusion.png
39KB, 353x364px
>>54386095
>vaping is obnoxious
>you should poison yourself and others instead
This is a special kind of madness
>>
>>54385242
No, and thank god for that.

They might not be druggies in actuality, but they're druggies in spirit, and that's enough for them to be subhuman niggers.
>>
>>54386386
Isn't some of the nicotine made ones actually produced by big tobacco?

Also, I don't care if people vape, just don't do it near me since I have allergies mostly related to smoke and hay fever. Blow that shit in my face and I will sneeze on you, I think that should be fair enough.
>>
>>54396026
The tobacco companies have a handful of what are called 'cigalikes' on the market. The little disposable ones that look like actual cigarettes and barely produce any vapor. None of them are in the mod and tank game, which is where the industry headed in a big way since a couple years ago.
>>
>>54395838
Not at all. Anon's point is that when your "hobby" is less cool that literally choking down deathsticks, it's time to get a new hobby.
>>
>>54395838
Anyone who willingly vapes out of a desire for anything OTHER than to kick a preexisting cigarette addiction is a blight on society.
Having them suck on actual cancersticks and remove themselves for the rest of us is the least they could do.
>>
>>54385825
I vaporize because my lungs are shit.
I use one of the fire-based ones.
I don't think anyone knows I do it.
>>
i only game with attractive people, and vaping is an aesthetic blight on whoever does it
>>
>>54396202
What's funny is the last time I saw someone vaping in public, I physically ousted them from the train for disregarding the no smoking charges.

I vaporize myself, and you shits are not exempt from no smoking laws.
>>
>>54387289
It's not really the vaping itself, it's the culture that's been built around it.
>>
>>54387289
I'm asthmatic and it fucking sets it off like a motherfucker. At least fucking smokers have the decency to stay the fuck outside.
>>
>>54396105
What about people who want a medium of quick drug intake that is less harsh on the lungs than straight up fire-based methods?

Snuff and injections are a sometimes food, man.
>>
>>54393820

Yeah, that's how science works. You can't say something causes cancer without actual evidence. Well, you can, but it's shitty science.
>>
>>54396315
I don't know why other people who use vaporizers do it indoors.
The entire point is that you have saturated this gas with a chemical. You do not want to have that gaseous chemical flooding a building. Shit just aint proper.
>>
>>54396338
Recreational drug use in general is degeneracy, whether it's a "once a month" thing or twice a day.
>>
My two cents -

Just switched to quit smoking, terribly addicted.

Got a small vape because I have no interest in giant smoke clouds. Can't stand the flavored stuff - smells sickly sweet. Feel like a tool, but don't feel out of breath anymore.

I would NEVER do it indoors or a place where it would blow in people's faces.
>>
>>54396347
Anon, you know that people hate science.
>>
>>54396371
This coward doesn't even do jazz.
>>
>>54396371
But anon, we had our biggest economic success periods when everyone was on cocaine all the fucking time.
>>
>>54396417

those periods of success all ended because everyone was on cocaine all the fucking time
>>
>>54396553
I don't comprehend - did they... run out of cocaine?
>>
>>54396577
Yes, actually.
Couldn't keep up with demand.
>>
>>54396417
>selling the health and souls of your volk for material wealth
>>
>>54389294
God they should
>>
>>54396690
Look, I know you guys enjoy being poor and then dying, but some people like having money and then affording medicine.
>>
>>54385242
Last time we did, some idiot triggered the sprinkler and ruined my adeptus custodes model.
>>
>>54385242
Why can't you just smoke tobacco? It tastes better and it's not much worse than e-cigarettes.
>>
>>54396871
How much worse it really is would be up for a debate, but the main pragmatic is that tobacco use is well known and covered (restricted) in legislative of most civilized countries. Vaping usually isn't. In theory you could vap at theater. Scot-free.
>>
>>54396923
>>54396871
Hey, you can always chew the tobacco.
>>
>>54397019
Hold my spitter!
>>
>>54396871
Where's the evidence?
>>
>>54397053
>not swallowing the whole thing when you're done
spitters are quitters
>>
>>54397065
>Where's the evidence?
Not much worse is a pretty vague statement. He could be referring to odor, social stigma, nostalgic value, health benefits. The fact that you're contesting such a generic statement speaks more about your insecurities.
>>
>>54386992
Nah brah, it’s kosh’
>>
>>54386734
do people blow symmetric clouds of their nostrils? I was under the impression it was a biased thing where you would use one more than the other.
>>
>>54396371

t. repressed homosexual who was bullied at school
>>
>>54397065
Personally, I don't know why would anyone smoke if they didn't like the taste of tobacco. And it's proven that vaping isn't really healthy, but again, the dose makes the poison, so basically tobacco isn't harmful, since it can be used as a smart drug and local anesthesia and even drinking too much water can kill you.
>>
What I can't stand is the realisation that I'm breathing in air that has already been inside a stranger.

It was a lot easier to pretend it was my own personal air before vapers.
>>
>>54397244
Dumbest post I've read since earlier this thread. Please take no offense though, dumb people are welcome to participate in discussion too.
>>
>>54385978
Things that neeeeever happened, the post!
>>
>>54385352
If a thread died for this one, it wasn't that good
>>
>>54397364
>I read every post and say your post is dumb without support because I'm an argumentative faggot.
Fuck off hombre, vaping makes you look like a cunt, why are you so desperate to justify it?
>>
>>54397137
I don't vape. I just don't understand where the sudden wave of general puritanism is coming from. Apart from vape hipsters because fuck them.
>>
>>54386587
That's cute. You're cute.

Sorry, bub, that's not true anymore. Pretty much everyone at my workplace vapes, and it's a big business office. I'm one of the only ones who DOESN'T.

But still, you're an adorable little hipster, aren't you? Yes you are!
>>
>>54396795
>wasting money on medicine to combat health issues caused by willful choices
>not wisely spending money on medicine to elongate and enrich an already healthy life
Literally breaking windows so you can buy new ones.

>>54397220
t. subhuman hedonist shitlicker
>>
>>54397364
Ok. I'm not angry or anything, just interested in why you think it's dumb.
>>
>>54397389
I don't vape, what caused you to associate the stupidity of your post with a pro-vape mentality on the part of your more gifted peers?
>>
>>54397412
>literally sweetie posting
>>
They banned vapes in my country
>>
>>54397414
Thankfully, the breaking and buying process produces excess profit which leads the country into an age of prosperity and general good health.
>>
>>54397457
>Keynesians
>ever

>wasting healthcare on preventable illness increases general health, instead of just providing less healthcare for already healthy inviduals
>>
>>54397404
>I just don't understand where the sudden wave of general puritanism is coming from.
Repressive hypothesis. As something is taboo, it has more fetish value, thus is valued higher. As something becomes more popular, people begin to fight against it because they're exposed to it and don't like it.
>>
>>54397480
Thankfully, it produces much more profit despite any waste than luddist protestantism.
>>
>>54396577

success comes first, then the cocaine, and then the cocaine keeps everything running for a little while but it can't last and it all collapses
>>
>>54397506
>anything I've said so far implying that I'm a luddite
I just think it's fucking retarded for people to actively indulge in way that will nearly certainly result in harm to themselves.

Note, this is not the same as saying "people shouldn't do dangerous things", as not all dangerous things are nearly certain to result in harm.

>being a consumerist goy in the first place
>>
>>54397554
The cocaine sort of came simultaneously if not slightly before the success.
I mean just look at ww2.
>>
>>54397562
You seem like a luddite, given your apparent distaste for the system that has provided you with all of your technology.

And harming yourself is only really bad if you don't make more than enough money to cover that. Thankfully, cocaine is here to help. Whenever a country is down, you can turn to cocaine to pick it right up.
>>
>>54385825
Vaping helped me to quit smoking after 15 years. It beats me why would anyone start vaping for any other reason.
>>
Have puritans ever produced anything of value?
I can't think of a time where puritan values didn't lead to loss of life and wealth.
>>
>>54397601
>given your apparent distaste for the system that has provided you with all of your technology.

>unfettered capitalism has been the driving force for significant technological and scientific advance
Nice meme, Randlet

>And harming yourself is only really bad if you don't make more than enough money to cover that.
Or you could not harm yourself in the first place, and instead put that money towards more productive outlets instead.
>>
>>54397635
Whatever loss of life and wealth that comes from puritan and prudish ethics, it pales in comparison to the hedonistic fall of a nation.

>inb4 but it won't happen THIS time
>>
>>54397702
But prudish religious nations also fall.
Well, the ones that even exist in the first place. They don't tend to last long.
>>
>>54397635
E-cigarettes, and vaping as a result, were invented by a Japanese man after is father died of lung cancer
>>
>>54397668
>and instead put that money
What money, the money you got being a puritan and making no money?
Because that's what they do, historically. Oh, and starve, they do that a lot too.

Also, nice meme-dodge instead of dealing with the fact that the system you are bitching about furnished the things you have.
>>
>>54397769
Because they almost invariably morph into standard decadent nations, or they're conquered by them, which invariably die out after 300 or so years.
>>
>>54397813
>This system invariably fails and is replaced by more successful systems that last longer
>B-but it won't happen this time, I swear!
>>
>>54397799
>everyone who isn't a hedonist is only not one because they're poor

>Also, nice meme-dodge instead of dealing with the fact that the system you are bitching about furnished the things you have.
And? I'm not allowed to bitch about the faults and inefficiencies of a system because I have personally benefited from it?
>>
>>54397861
You are, but if you use consumerist as an insult while being a consumerist, it sort of makes you look like a fuck.

And you're confusing cause and effect. It's not that everyone would be hedonist if they had money. It's that being hedonist makes a fucking lot of money for people.
Turns out that people wanting things really drives an economy.
>>
>>54397826
>that last longer
>literally die after around three centuries, with little variation
I suppose you're fine with humanity being outcompeted and supplanted by some other subsapient species then, right?
After all, the only truly valuable quality about systems is their competitive success.
>>
>>54397880
>You are, but if you use consumerist as an insult while being a consumerist, it sort of makes you look like a fuck.
"Existing in a capitalist economy" does not make someone a consumerist; nor does standing on the shoulders of giants make those giants immune from criticism.

>>54397880
>Turns out that people wanting things really drives an economy.
Into the ground, perhaps.
>>
>>54397889
Whether or not you are fine with it has little effect on whether it happens.
If humanity gets outcompeted, then it really should have tried harder.
>>
>>54397910
>does not make someone consumerist
No, but buying their shit does.
>into the ground
It historically takes a lot longer for hedonists to do that than puritans. Assuming the puritans even can manage to survive in the first place, which is iffy at best.
>>
>not smoking dab in your Warhammer 40k bong
>>
>>54386246
>>54386278
>>54387355
>When they think the obvious bait taunting Vapers is legit

Let's be honest here kiddos, rare is the FLG regular that vapes--but high is the likelihood he browses this board.

Give him all ya got.
>>
>byzantines and romans are arguably the longest lasting civilizations in recorded history and were stuffed with hedonism
I am not seeing the downside here. It seems win/win!
>>
>>54397922
Are you dumb, or are you intentionally missing the point?
The point being, of course, that blind competition does not necessarily lead to a superior population; only a more competitively viable one.

>>54397937
>No, but buying their shit does.
You seem slightly confused on what consumerist means; let me provide an example.
Buying a phone for its utility and then taking care of it until it naturally becomes obsolete is reasonable.
Buying the next model of phone every year because you need to spend your money on something and aren't intelligent enough to actually put it to good work is consumerist.

>>54397937
>It historically takes a lot longer for hedonists to do that than puritans. Assuming the puritans even can manage to survive in the first place, which is iffy at best.
Which is, of course, due to the fact that most (if not all) puritanical/ascetic societies have historically been luddites or violently reactionary/conservative.

I'm willing to argue that it's more the latter, rather than the former, that is to blame for their failure.
>>
>>54398052
>I'm willing to argue that it's a small subgroup of what I am doing that is to blame, not that what I am doing itself is inherently flawed
So basically you're in denial.
>the rest of your post
You're in denial AND you're upset that your system isn't competitively viable AND you refuse to acknowledge your support of the consumerist system.
>>
>>54398052
>REAL puritanism hasn't been tried before!
>I'm not a consumer whore!
Why are you on the internet and not being amish?
Is it the higher quality of life and medical care and life expectancy?
>>
>>54398084
>you refuse to acknowledge your support of the consumerist system.
Except I don't support consumerism; I fully support rational and moderated capitalism, however.

>>54398109
>Why are you on the internet and not being amish?
>Is it the higher quality of life and medical care and life expectancy?
Exactly, except I don't squander them by being needlessly hedonistic.
>>
>>54385242
>mods allow this obvious bait that is only tangentially related to traditional games
kys
>>
>>54385242

Only /tg/ could start a shitpost thread by asking if a FLGS allows vaping and finish it off by arguing about the definition of consumerism.

>>54385370

It's not any more retarded than smoking.

>>54386246

He's clearly being facetious you twit.
>>
>>54398225
Man, thank goodness you aren't the majority, or our civilization would die in like two weeks.
At least, looking at past versions of you trying to make civilization work.
All the self-deception and hatred of producing resources tends to do that.
>>
>>54398243
It's going to make it all the way to autosage. It's going to wink out of existence while people still debate consumerism.
>>
>>54398292
Don't forget the putting sanctions on things that produce profit for everyone!
The puritans love to do that in ways that waste enormous amounts of money.
I mean, look at the drug war. What a waste of taxpayer dollars and time that could be spent getting to space.
>>
>>54398292
>civilization requires wasting resources on hedonism in order to produce resources
No, anon, I don't hate producing resources. I don't hate that people are wealthy, or that nations are prosperous, or even that people are happy and do things they enjoy.

I hate that they waste resources and wealth on self-destructive and sufficiently inefficient vices, hiding behind a weak argument of "at least it drives the economy!"
It's a worthless argument; every dollar spent on cocaine could instead be spent on something else, and it'd have the exact same effect of moving money through the economy.

>or our civilization would die in like two weeks.
Thanks to people like you, every great civilization is destined to die.
>>
>>54398333
At least we can all agree that >>54385412 is an asshole.
>>
>>54398383
see
>>54398356
Puritans love to waste money. We could have funded the space program for centuries with the drug war.
>>
>>54398356
Consider the money being spent on drugs being spent on less destructive pursuits in general; profit is still being made, profit that also improves industries more valuable than recreational drug industries, and the now unnecessary war on drugs goes to space.

In any case,
>implying profit is everything in the long term
I'd say that you can't see past your own nose, but considering that you're likely a shekel-grubbing kike (if you aren't just a koolaid drinking goy), that's probably pretty far.
>>
>>54387355
>blowing smoke

It's literally not smoke you dumb fucking shit

>>54387383
>stench clouds

It's also odorless you self-righteous twat
>>
>>54398383
Your problem is that you are saying you don't like spending money on vices, but then trying to divert people into spending money on the vice of telling other people to stop enjoying badwrongfun.

>>54398450
The war on drugs isn't profitable for anyone but the prison industry, anon.
The idea that it would somehow lead to space is laughable, given the endless-until-abolished-or-civilization-collapses nature of the war on drugs.
>>
>>54398434
I already did (see >>54398450 )

People's desire for drugs and other such vices are a non-desirable preference, and it's a valid investment to attempt to modify or remove it entirely. Whatever benefit to space (which I am deeply, deeply in support of) from diverting that money, it pales in comparison to if drugs had never been an issue in the first place and all that labor, time, and resources went to actually critical industries and markets instead.
>>
>>54398500
Funnily enough, drugs weren't an issue until protestants decided to waste billions on it.
I say waste because it has not reduced drug use, and the only industries that benefit are legal drugs and prison systems.
also, see
>>54398481
>>
>>54398463
Yes, your bait upthread already worked, you don't need to continue for 20 extra posts.
>>
>>54398450
>/pol/ is, of course, behind the luddist puritan poster
Why am I not surprised that /pol/ yet again has no frame of historical reference?
>>
>>54398481
>Your problem is that you are saying you don't like spending money on vices, but then trying to divert people into spending money on the vice of telling other people to stop enjoying badwrongfun.
Making people better isn't a vice, anon.

>>54398481
>The war on drugs isn't profitable for anyone but the prison industry, anon.
Still marginally more critical than the drug industry, considering that prisons would exist whether or not drug crime was or was not an issue.
>The idea that it would somehow lead to space is laughable, given the endless-until-abolished-or-civilization-collapses nature of the war on drugs.
If it succeeds in its mission of sufficiently altering the population's preferences, then yes, the long-term consequences of labor, energy, and resources being diverted to other industries would have good outcomes in space travel and other similarly preferable industries.

>inb4 but why can't we just tax drugs
I'd rather people want things other than drugs, and then tax that stuff instead.
>>
>>54398463
>I have no argument so I default to mongoloid semantic flailing
>>
>>54398568
>My vice isn't a vice anon, I just kill my own civilization and waste billions because I am jonesing to do it real hard
You're an addict.

>But it's a successful program
It has done nothing to drugs other than make them immensely more profitable for illegal businessmen while simultaneously robbing the country of any chance to get at that profit.

The war on drugs has helped illegal drugs get into prominence more than anything drug barons themselves could have done.
>>
>>54398568
>Puritan /pol/ supports wasting centuries of man hours in prison and centuries of space program funding in a crusade to stop drugs that has only made drugs stronger
>says this is not a vice
>>
>>54398635
>Centuries
A vast underestimation.
It's way past millenia at this point.
>>
>>54398602
>implying vice and hedonism won't kill a civilization just as well

>It has done nothing to drugs other than make them immensely more profitable for illegal businessmen while simultaneously robbing the country of any chance to get at that profit.
That's the fault of if being, funnily enough, not draconian enough. It should be obvious to anyone, especially law makers, but you don't root out lawlessness with a soft hand.

>>54398635
You know the saying, "anything that doesn't kill you makes you stronger"?
The problem with the war on drugs is that it's not trying to kill hard enough.
>>
>>54398770
Actually what doesn't kill you tends to leave you permanently crippled, in intense states of pain, and permanently at a disadvantage compared to someone who did not get mortally wounded.

I mean, I get that you are a hardcore addict to this shit, but there comes a time when you have to take a step back and moderate your vices.

Even druggies can do that.

No, going on about coulda-woulda-shoulda is not a method of moderating your vices.
>>
>>54398463
>It's literally not smoke you dumb fucking shit
>It's also odorless you self-righteous twat

Stop being pedantic. Smoke is much easier to say/convey the meaning than cloud of water vapor. Also I have never met someone vaping who wasn't vaping something like KILLER APEZ RAPE GRAPE FANTASY FUN TIME which surprisingly enough smells like fake grape and isn't odorless. I understand that "odorless" vaping exists, just don't pretend that's what the vast majority does.
>>
>>54385242
one does.
Only vapers and kids that think vaping is cool go there.
The rest of us prefer playing without walking through a fog and coming out smelling like stale cotton candy.

Got to hand it to them, though, they know their clients. The few times I went the place was packed with JCCG and MtG players and they bought product even though the store charged 25% over msrp on everything.
>>
>>54398770
>spray a fine mist of cocaine in water on a busy street
>draconian system grinds to a complete halt as everyone in the city needs to be searched and the perpetrator gets off scott free due to false leads
Economic incentives work much better.
>>
>>54398809
The difference is that this doesn't harm me and in the long-run it's beneficial.
>>
>>54398849
"Don't do drugs, or else we'll forcibly unemploy and fine you"
Sounds like an economic incentive to me.
>>
>>54398863
>in the LONG run, it's beneficial!
>It just has shown no signs of being such in any of its uses over the years and many signs of being actively harmful to any civilization that tries it!
>It'll work this time, trust me!
Sure thing, Mr. addict.
>>
>>54398881
They have been doing more severe drug control policies than simple fines and unemployment for decades now, and it has only helped the drug industry while simultaneously robbing the country of millenia of man hours.
>>
>>54398587
>New technology frightens and confuses me so I adopt a haughty manner to conceal my lack of intellect
>>
>>54398884
>as opposed to the well documented and inevitably cyclical nature of civilized collapse due to hedonism

>>54398903
Because those severe policies are just severe enough to make it a lucrative industry, without being severe enough to actually stamp it out. (personally, I blame the Jews for this)
I do agree that, had such puritanical practices never been enacted in the first place (no real reason for them at the time), it would have been for the best.

HOWEVER, that was then, and this is now. The die have already been cast, and the only satisfactory option left at this point is to full on ahead and utterly crush it.
Interestingly enough, this is almost perfectly analogous to the middle east.
>>
File: IMG_2888.jpg (219KB, 1159x1159px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2888.jpg
219KB, 1159x1159px
What vape and liquid should I get to quit smoking? I'm completely retarded about all this but I'm sick of feeling like shit and coughing every morning.
>>
>>54399009
>The only option left is to do my addiction!
>Everyone dies eventually, who cares if we die way way faster because I have to sate my addiction!
>Ignore any options that have been shown to work in the past and are currently working!
At least druggies know when to stop, man.

You prohibitionists have to be forcibly restrained. And you don't even seem to realize that stopping the prohibition is a very doable and profitable thing, that is ongoing right now, with great success everywhere that is doing it.
>>
>>54399009
>I blame the Jews for this
Of course you do. Whenever a far-righter notices flaws in their theories, the plaster they reach for is "The Jews" or "The Marxists" (likewise, the far-left reaches for "Racists" or "Rurals")
>>
>>54394080
Do you Vape?
>>
>>54399047
They realize it, they're just (in my experience) moral absolutists of the most rigid variety who believe running a state into the ground is completely justifiable so long as they score a "moral" victory (Like a guy I knew who argued that the US would be "better off" if it became a theocracy that embraced grammaticism and outlawed the vast majority of modern medicine because "the souls of the (American) people would be saved".)
>>
>>54399047
>yes, let's continue the cyclical destruction of civilization to continue, as opposed to trying to stop it in favor of sustained progress.
>muh profit

>>54399063
When in doubt, it's probably the Jews.
>implying all Marxists aren't Jews.
>>
>>54385242
Vape smoke contains same chemicals as chemtrails. No fucking way breathing that in can be good for you.
>>
>>54399111
>sustained progress
>puritan values
So you prefer everyone starves to death?
Because you say you want to avoid cyclical civilization collapse, but the methods you posed have failed 100% of the time.
>>
>>54399349
As all nations invariably advance to the stage of hedonistic collapse, or are absorbed by nations that do (and thus do so as well by proxy).

Considering the fact that puritanical or otherwise prudish societies do pretty well for sustaining themselves, please, offer one or two examples of such a society collapsing due to asceticism or puritanism.
>>
>>54399414
>pretty well for sustaining themselves
Not compared to literally any other type of culture, even anarchism.

Meanwhile, hedonistic empires have a solid hold on top 5 longest lived civilizations.

And, if we're doing the >collapsed due to hedonism
thing, then we can safely say most of those died of things other than hedonism, because they did.
>>
>>54399414
It's hard to find an example of a society that lasted any amount of time being ascetic or puritanical.
>>
>>54398812
>I understand that "odorless" vaping exists, just don't pretend that's what the vast majority does.
Most of them aren't aware of it. They just think vapor doesn't smell because they're switching over from cigarettes and their sense of smell is still ruined. They go "You can't even smell it, bro" while they walking around, breathing out pina colada juice fumes and reeking like Jimmy Buffet just puked on a heating element.
>>
>>54385242
Why would I get high while at my LGS? That's what EDH night with the bois is for.
>>
>>54386739
>People who vape are the kind of people who would go around some shitty party spraying peoples' wrists with hemp oil telling them they'll get high if they inhale it

What the fuck, no hemp oil in the world does that. What kind of person are you even talking about?
>>
>>54393304
It's a direct quote from the guy I replied to you stupid fucking nigger. Jesus Christ you people are fucking morons, and I agree with you.
>>
>>54401348
You know you like it when your social betters fog you down like the manlet you are.
>>
Let me just say thank you for this thread. It really reminds me about why I'm so happy you anti-vaping hipsters are a dying breed. It's ridiculous the amount of energy you put into hating something you've never even experienced. The fictional accounts of rude vapers are hilarious. I run into way more preachy anti-vapers than preachy vapers both IRL and on the internet.
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.