[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 360
Thread images: 19

File: unicycle wizard.jpg (11KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
unicycle wizard.jpg
11KB, 259x195px
Previous thread: >>54375017

>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/always-darkest-before-the-era-monday-meeting-notes/
>poll
http://theonyxpath.com/dark-eras-poll/
>Question:
What is your favorite piece of BAD art from a WOD/NWOD splat?
>5th editons cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
File: 8TrCgpP.jpg (612KB, 2200x1547px) Image search: [Google]
8TrCgpP.jpg
612KB, 2200x1547px
How do you even handle Time sphere mages without everything turning into a confusing mess of broken causality?
>>
>>54385326

>/tg/ support here
>Have you tried using Hedge mages?
>>
>>54385326

That's a storyline in and of itself, but if it's not one you want to do, make traveling more dangerous, like Avatar Storm dangerous.
>>
How do you play Sabbat without being retarded?
>>
>>54385326
>How do you even handle Time sphere mages without everything turning into a confusing mess of broken causality?

Wanna go back a scene? Thats gonna cost you a permanent paradox point.

Wanna go back 2? Thats 2 permanent points. So on, so on
>>
>>54385682
At all
>>
>>54385711
Please explain further
>>
>>54385210

The best bad art is probably the stumpy-legged vampire from the original VtM book. Always makes me think "I killed fiddy hunters!"
>>
>>54385682

You have two options, really.

Option one is to not take it seriously at all. Make it goofy; have fun with it. This can turn the game into a cartoon but cartoons are fun so who gives a fuck? If you're having fun, you're having fun.

Option two is a serious exploration of nihilism. Vampires are not part of mortal society anymore, they can't fulfill normal human ambitions, so they have to entirely define their own. The Camarilla replaces that with "Be good little boot-licks for eternity" and, while the Sabbat has something of its own response, it is more open to variation.

The Sabbat is your chance to stand in an utterly amoral universe, realize it, and become Nietzsche's ubermensch, who, on realizing the emptiness of the universe, acts on their grand desires decisively and bends the whole world with it.
>>
>>54385892
>The Sabbat is your chance to stand in an utterly amoral universe, realize it, and become Nietzsche's ubermensch, who, on realizing the emptiness of the universe, acts on their grand desires decisively and bends the whole world with it.
I thought the Sabbat was too based on religious fundamentalism/cult behavior to really allow for one to do as one wills.
>>
>>54386036
you can. The Sabbat is also about freedom to do what you want, as long as you don't antagonize other packs too much
>>
>>54385210
>What is your favorite piece of BAD art from a WOD/NWOD splat?

>TFW I'm at work and don't have a copy of Mage 1e's Unicycle Obrimos
>>
File: 1458999438827.jpg (163KB, 819x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1458999438827.jpg
163KB, 819x1036px
>>54386101
This one?
>>
File: whut.png (1MB, 1134x681px) Image search: [Google]
whut.png
1MB, 1134x681px
>>54385210
>>54386101
>>54386309

Let's not pretend Forsaken 1e didn't have a ton of absolutely zanny artwork
>>
>>54386309

Yes. That piece symbolizes all that was wrong with the art, layout and color palette of Mage 1e.
>>
>>54386445

At least Forsaken 1e didn't have Mage 1e's headache inducing, impossible to read, gold leaf coloration.
>>
Can you have both the Virtuous and the Vice-ridden merits at the same time? As far as I know, nothing in the rules says you can't.
>>
>>54386604
Aside from having 4 things to juggle around I don't see why not.

Also as you said, rules don't say jack as I recall.
>>
http://theonyxpath.com/tumbledown-market-changeling-the-lost/

New Changeling 2e preview, since it went to editing.
>>
File: kill the batmage.jpg (136KB, 781x509px) Image search: [Google]
kill the batmage.jpg
136KB, 781x509px
>>54385210
>What is your favorite piece of BAD art from a WOD/NWOD splat?

You know it, brother
>>
>>54386445
I won't lie the weird masked girl in the center is kind of weirding me out.
>>
>>54387175
>It's a mask
>>
>>54387511
Last I checked the gifts of the uratha didn't include the ability to creepily hollow out your own eye sockets. Maybe its a spirit or something serving as witness to whatever blood oath is being sworn there? Pack totem?
>>
>>54387158
How was this not the first post?
>>
>>54387158
>>54388013

"Kill The Batman" is not as bad as "Free Council Gay S&M Pride Parade".
>>
>>54388146
No, it is worse art. You can argue if it is more unfitting or bad as an idea, but gay pride Free Council is better done than Kill the Batmage is.
>>
>>54386732
No one going to call out Tumbler in the name?
>>
How would someone non-fatally disable a Sin Eater, given:

A: They can't be knocked unconscious
B: They are immune to the negative effects of all drugs

Would a Sin Eater regenerate if you cut off a limb, or broke their spine without killing them?
>>
>>54386445
LMAO jesus christ.. that is... that is just...

I knew a girl back in the 90's. She would draw terrible shit like this. But I was 20, she was desperate and trying to impress me, plus sort of attractive, and I was in a bad state after a rough breakup and I am truly ashamed... truly, truly ashamed, that I encouraged her and praised her utter garbage. But at least this person is a little better with proportion.. Christ, sudden shame spiral...

This picture definitely evocative, I'll say that.
>>
>>54388888
Have you ever heard of rope?
>>
>>54388962
rope is so 1800's use zip ties.
>>
>>54388816

It is also fairly fitting; the Free Council is all about drawing inspiration from Sleeper culture, and proclaims how social systems that elevate some above others are ultimately a part of the Lie. A Pride Parade is a pretty decent example of libertine culture, with all its strengths and weaknesses therein.
>>
>>54389028
>and the gays. dont forget the gays
>>
>>54388864

You know that the word "tumble" existed before a microblogging website, right?
>>
>>54389105
>techne focusing on using flamboyant gays in the area as a yantra

Pride parades are essential parts in casting the biggest ritual spells those mages in the art possibly can.
>>
So, /cofd//wodg/, I don't normally post here but I'm at a conumdrum and would like some help. I plan to run a game of M20 for my group soon, with the focus being on a mixed group of Traditionalist, Disparate, and Void Engineer characters fighting Threat Null and other deep umbra threats. So far the team looks to include a Virtual Adept cypherpunk, A R&E Engineer, a member of Navalon (in my M20 recently split from the Union and embracing historical mysticism with their hypertech and chivalrous ideals), an Euthanatos, and a Templar Knight. The last player just submitted his character, and I'm not sure how well it fits together; he's not able to talk right now (going on a camping trip for a week), but I figured I'd ask what /tg/ throught.

The character's a member of the PDC, part of Fleet; a space marine. They've got a five-dot Eidolon defined as Saint Isidore of Seville, and a dot in True Faith. Their Paradigm is Divine Order and Earthly Chaos; with a three-wya Practice of Faith, Hypertech, and Craftwork; and his Instruments are Weapons, Armor, Devices and Machines, Sacred Iconography, Gadgets and Inventions, Prayers and Invocation, and Meditation.

I'm worrying that such a faith-focused character would... it doesn't really fit in the Union, even with the Void Engineers, does it? I don't want to kick the character back without good reason, but it feels off to me, and I'd like some advice as to what to do going forward.
>>
>>54389150
for +1
>>
>>54389224
dont play m20
>>
>>54389225
Can't you get more bonus dice via the merit with more participants? Or am I mixing it up with assist rules or something
>>
>>54389225

If you involve a group of Sleepers, you get 8-Again, I think.
>>
>>54389315

Any group of Sleepwalkers only adds a +1. Sleepers add none unless you're a libertine whose Techne aligns with it, in which case, they not only add a +1 for using an Order tool but also get the 8-Again trait on their roll.

If you're also using a praxis, it can be pretty powerful.
>>
>>54389150

Chaps Serve The Lie
>>
>>54385700
That seems like a bit much, doesn't it?
>>
>>54388888
Push them down a hole.
>>
>>54387158
This is at least amusing. Silver Ladder's was just confusing.
>>
File: justno.png (978KB, 666x776px) Image search: [Google]
justno.png
978KB, 666x776px
>>54385210
>>54386445

Bringing more Forsaken crazy, because I'm bored.
>>
File: Classic World of Darkness.jpg (314KB, 994x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Classic World of Darkness.jpg
314KB, 994x1500px
>>54389826
Here's some unofficial W:tF art.
>>
>>54389826
What the hell is happening to that wolf on the right's spine? It is undulating like a sin wave
>>
>>54389256

but my group and I all like M20
>>
>>54389614
>That seems like a bit much, doesn't it?

Do you wanna deal with a mess of timelines?
>>
>>54390350
>but my group and I all like M20

You and your group have shit taste anon, sorry.
>>
>>54386732
>http://theonyxpath.com/tumbledown-market-changeling-the-lost/
It feels like they gutted the Approach Mechanic that forces true fae and/or Huntsmen into your/your freehold's story. I wonder what else they changed.
>>
How different would the Camarilla be if the Setites had accepted the invitation?
>>
>>54388864
Are you mentally retarded?
>>
>>54386732
This shows some core changes to rules, and given Rose's previous showing of rules on Thousand Years of Night and the like, I have very little faith she's changed Hill's rules to anything good.
>>
>>54385326
>"It's time to show time what time it is!"
>>
>>54390874
>>54391263

Please assume that I'm dumb as bricks. What's the major changes here compare to Hill's draft? Not denying it, just curious.
>>
>>54391347
Courts no longer give Goblin Vow or personal approaches, courts no longer have an approach, each court has a 'harvest' psuedo condtion that gets you glamour back, rather than a court emotion. In fact, emotions look entirely gutted.
Given the story focus of approaches, it appears your freehold's story takes on very little meaning and I see no impactful way written in this write up on how courts actually protect you from anything, so its back to the boring 1e versions that are utterly uninteresting, rather than the story/tale based focused of Hill's Courts.

Goblin Debt and its like are now core parts of the template, and mantle is now integrated into that system. It doesn't look like you get goblin vow's as standard. It likely means Goblin shit is now core and you have to look at it.

The pledge section Hill didn't like, rose loved, so that garbage is likely still in play as well.

Overall they took what Hill had, and made it worse from the looks of the previews. There were some notable problems with Hill's version (mostly just the hedge), but this seems worse to me, Both from a rules and gameplay/story standpoint. It def doesn't give the feeling of Changeling to me at all from what 1e did.
>>
>>54390039
I'm more wondering why the rage princess on the far left is basically taking a header straight into the dirt
>>
File: copy pasta.jpg (100KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
copy pasta.jpg
100KB, 640x640px
So what are the actual goals of the God Machine from DtD ?
Apart from assimilating demons
I'm kinda stumped as to what its end game is supposed to be
I just started reading DtD so please be patient, no idea if this is developed in the core book yet
>>
>>54391015
Were the Tremere part of the Camarilla yet? There's no need to accept the usurpers when you already have a way older and more prestigious clan with sorcery.
>>
>>54391506
The earth called her a furry, she can't let that true insult stand.
>>
>>54391688
They were.

Setites know sorcery but it ain't no thaumaturgy
>>
>>54391607

Ultimately, it wants to keep the world bizarre and hostile towards ordinary human beings. It doesn't do this out of malice, but because it wants some sort of greater outcome from the weirdness and suffering that benefits it in some way.

There's this example about the dangers of AI where if we program an AI to just make paperclips, it'll always look for the shortest possible way to make the most paperclips, and before you know it, it runs out of metal and starts converting all of Earth's matter to paperclips, including us. A very silly idea IRL, but the G-M isn't too far from this mindset. It thinks comically, so its shortest point from A to B for one of its functions are intricate, sinister plans that use cults, Infrastructure, and angels.
>>
>>54391769

Er, it thinks cosmically. I don't think the God-Machine has a promising career as a stand-up comedian.
>>
>>54391769
>weirdness and suffering that benefits it
how does that benefit it ?
I was under the impression it wanted order, a bit like the Architect from WtA ?
or am I mistaken ?
>>
>>54391015
Not very. Cam would still be 1% and Anarchs would still be ISIS terrorists in nuWW :^)
>>
>>54391867

Well, we don't really know. It doesn't want order, per se since one of the possible adventures Mortals can have with it involves it sending an angel to a small town to place people's minds inside inanimate objects to see what would happen. Its actions, while well hidden, can be pretty chaotic.

We don't really know how it benefits from its actions, only that it does. Not even angels really know, which is why they can end up Falling if that starts to bother them.

The God-Machine Chronicle (the book for Mortal adventures and the second half of the Chronicles of Darkness core rulebook) has a few theories, ranging from "It's trying to kill off humans now that they've mined most of Earth's Uranium" to "It's trying to repair itself to fufill its purpose as a machine to control the former Soviet Union."
>>
>>54386732
Rose on 2e courts not being Emotion based
>Not as such. Some Courts are founded on emotions, but not all. Courts don't function on a single, narrow model -- they're ways changelings have found of coping with their return to the mortal world and their need to defend themselves from the Others, and so they can take many different shapes. Any coping mechanism (or coping strategy) can form the basis of a Court. You might think of them a little bit like community organizations in the real world -- they often come from common roots, but each has their own means of outreach and of achieving their goals.

>It's an approach I've favored throughout the Chronicles of Darkness 2e -- making social groups organic to their beginnings, members, and environments, rather than fitting them all into one narrow box. A Court is a way changelings reclaim and defend their lives, and it only makes sense that they'd do that in many different ways.

Personally I don't like this at all, also I recently heard from a friend who met her that Rose is a total bitch in real life.
>>
>>54391506
Lefties always do dumb shit.
>>
>>54391015
The Setites would gain nothing from this:
* They are actively worshipping their Antediluvian. Hard to sell "no, there are no Antes", when one of your core member regularly has services dedicated to theirs
* Setites are shady bastards dedicated to a goal, for which they use all sides to play them against each other. This advantage gets lost when they formally join one sect, so that the other sees them as enemies.
* The Setites are actively against laws, in both their Dark Ages incarnation which puts them as noble defenders of Ma'at, and in their Typhonic incarnation inspired by Conan stories. Neither goes well with the Camarilla, who actively enforces law

But to answer your question, I think the Setites would have been even more marginalized than before, given that they would have to compete with the Tremere directly after the Proclamation of Red Tears
>>
>>54391769
The metaplot is pretty fucking comical IMO.
>>
>>54392034
How so?
>>
>>54392232
But Anon, ChroD has no Metaplot, you just have to use your imagination :^) fuck dark eras for introducing metaplot
>>
>>54392001
so to dumb it down, it's kind of a cosmic level crazy scientist AI, both pursuing incomprehensible goal and experimenting on reality to control it better ?
that's pretty neat
thanks for the explanations by the way

do you happen to know if there any scenarii compilations for DtD ? Official or not
>>
>>54392250
>>54392034
Courts used to be based on an archetypal idea or theme, which was based on a sort of mythological narrative about seasons and emotion. That narrative had power over the True Fae because their world works in the way that myths do.

Without the narrative power of court emotions and the bonds they create within the system, there's no protection from the Fae.

The only structures that work to protect Changelings are ones that are genuinely legendary.
>>
>>54392232
it's not a metaplot, you dip, it's a setting feature
>>
>>54392352
That whole thing seems either gutted entirely, or just not accounted for in any way by the writing, which is almost worst.
>>
>>54391607
I believe the God-Machine's goals are essentially so byzantine and labyrinthian, spanning such vast swaths of time, and so many possibilities, so many timelines planned, and hypothetical that it's just beyond the scope of any real description beyond well, what I just said. Shit's complicated, and scary, and not good for the endlessly curious little bugs poking at its infrastructure here and there (and said bugs are also little apotheosis-bombs who can awaken into major complications... or tools...). Shit's just very complicated and not good for anything but the God-Machine, and even then, things may be fucked up beyond repair, at least that's what some demons seem to be thinking.
>>
>>54392034
Who'd have thought that not having a Communist as lead dev would make things worse...
>>
>>54392402
so, what does it actually do in the physical world ?
what does it send angels for ?
sorry if I'm being dense
>>
>>54391749
It's basically the same shit.
>>
>>54391607
Building trans-dimensional antennas, fucked up large scale experiments on both animal and human subjects, siphoning power from places with particular spiritual resonance, creating ghost-spirit hybrids, recruiting at first glance inconspicuous middle level government employees to make subtle yet important changes in their work agenda (for instance urban planning so the streets create shape of occult sigils), operating time pump that sucks up temporal energy from dingy town with its successful days long gone...
>>
>>54392415
shit, she is one of them, too? I thought this evil was defeated when Hill quit
>>
>>54392634
She doesn't appear to be a 'communist' in the proper sense. But she certainly seems like a cultural Marxist.
>>
>>54392438

It implements Infrastructure upon the world, complex systems of action with some sort of outcome. For example, it needs to obtain something, so it sets up a situation where three people are murdered by a sniper over six months in three geographical points that make an equilateral triangle. This sacrifice will create the conditions necessary to say, keep a single family in a time loop, which might be the direct goal or a plan within a plan. Each step in the greater plan is an Infrastructure, which usually hides in our human infrastructure (businesses, road systems, political structures, etc).

To accomplish these tasks, it sends angels. A Destroyer Angel fires the gun, a Psychopomp Angel gathers the souls of the sniped dead to put them in some kind of power matrix, things like that. They keep the aspects of the Machine running smoothly. In order to do this, they're given Covers and some degree of autonomy. The pure loyalty they feel should be enough to keep them loyal to the Machine.

"Should" is the keyword. Sometimes an angel comes to care for humans. Sometimes the angel decides that it's not some with it's task and will not be disassembled until it is truly done. Sometimes the Machine gives the angel faulty programming and they doubt their loyalty for a single moment. Then the Fall happens.
>>
>Tumbler Town Crashing and Burning
AH GET FUCKED
>>
>>54392272
>fuck dark eras for introducing metaplot

Are you trolling or stupid.

History and background is a fundamental part of the setting. However, there is no overarching prospective plot elements or future continuity, i.e., metaplot, in the CofD.

Background and history are NOT metaplot, they are the setting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaplot
>>
>>54392967
I tend to ignore the canon setting of the CofD.

It implies that Mages are real and everyone else is terrified of them.
>>
>>54393200
Because both are true.
>>
>>54392663
>>54392548
that is actually much clearer than what I've read so far
thank you very much
>>
>>54393310
not in myWoD
>>
>>54393200
>tend to ignore the canon setting of the CofD.
>It implies that Mages are real and everyone else is terrified of them.

Anyone can, and indeed should, change setting or rules to suit their particular group and chronicle.

However, a dislike of the setting doesn't transform it into metaplot.
>>
Do you think Dark Eras 2's slow advance will bode ill for other Kickstarters OPP was/is planning?
>>
>>54393200
Wouldn't you be afraid of sorcerers if they were an actuality?

Tolkien said it best
>"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger"
>>
>>54393200
I mean, it makes perfect sense to be scared of Mages. Just because Magefags are jackasses sometimes doesn't mean that there's not interesting stuff you can do with Mages.
>>
>>54393793
Hopefully they'll cut the changling KS, no one who matters wants that.
>>
>>54393866
>Wouldn't you be afraid of sorcerers if they were an actuality?

I assume by "everyone" he's talking about supernatural creatures and not NEETs.
>>
>>54393975
I imagine supernatural creatures would have much more to fear from wizards than normies.
>>
>>54393975
Those creatures are made of magic. Mages command magic.

Hubirs ensues.
>>
>>54394019
>fear from normies.

Muggles are playthings, food or both.
>>
>>54394088
>Hubirs ensues.

Is it still still hubris if you're really a living god?
>>
>>54394019
In the current system sure, but that's what our original poster doesn't like. Obviously it doesn't have to be like that.
>>
>>54394112
Hubris is what turns living gods into dead gods.
>>
Why do people like Vampire? Aside from Beast it's easily the weakest thing in the lineup, both WoD and CofD. It doesn't do anything new and it's too narrow to be interesting like Mage or Hunter and too unfocused to be interesting like Demon or Werewolf.
>>
>>54394194
Maybe people like playing vampires.
>>
>>54394194
that's just, like, your opinion, dude
>>
>>54394194
Vampire is only weak in Requiem.

They're similar to Archmages and above super werewolves in Masquerade.
>>
>>54394222
I didn't mean weak in terms of power, though as you said they are in CofD, I meant weak in terms of design and quality.
>>
>>54388888
Well I mean they have an ability where they can remotely control severed limbs and make homunculi out of their blood or something along those lines. I think they can probably keep the blood from continuing to flow out of their cut limb to some degree.
>>
>>54394131
>Hubris is what turns living gods into dead gods

Aren't dead gods even more dangerous

>beware dreaded Cthulhu
>>
>>54393960
Why would they even need a Changeling kickstarter? The book is already past WW approval and in the editing stages already.
>>
File: 666.png (805KB, 334x940px) Image search: [Google]
666.png
805KB, 334x940px
>>54385210
>>
>>54388888
nice quints

maybe just the old concrete-boots, chain swisuit and scuba class ? or helicopter ride
>>
>>54394328
literal magefags
>>
File: M034_examples.jpg (65KB, 400x308px) Image search: [Google]
M034_examples.jpg
65KB, 400x308px
>>54394328
>>
>>54394222
>archmages
>vampires
>similar

Oh please
>>
File: zxdxf.png (777KB, 697x1001px) Image search: [Google]
zxdxf.png
777KB, 697x1001px
Why are 5E mechanics so shitty?
>>
>>54394494
in that they're both dickheads
>>
>>54394494
Methuselahs and Antediluvians are the Archmages and Oracles of Masquerade
>>
>>54394494
Antediluvians do get into Archmage "I do what I want" territory. The stronger Archmages can't even be on the Tellurian, so this is "people who can exist on Earth" stuff.
>>
>>54394507
like what?
>>
>>54394617
>Antediluvians do get into Archmage "I do what I want" territory

As long as it doesn't go above planetary scale, apparently. The Antes went all out and still died. I'm rather stung with how Tzimisce went down.

He was like The Thing x1000
>>
>>54394507
Because people have been conditioned to think "win initiative, win combat" is fun. The dice mechanics and willpower use are solid. Unlike the "spend willpower, always succeed" of WoD, you simply have a higher chance of success/exceptional results.
>>
>>54394507
What book is this picture out of?
>>
>>54394659
ur mom
>>
>>54394615
Doesn't mean they're on equivalent power schemes.

Though thematically speaking you are correct.
>>
>>54394659
montreal by night
>>
>>54394632
like met
>>
>>54394617
>The stronger Archmages can't even be on the Tellurian
I think you're confusing the Tellurian with the Consensus.

Around a dozen Archmages have been able to exist within the bounds of the Consensus.
>>
>>54394808
>Being reality's bitch
>>
In the end.

I question why people even feel the need to have splat wars.
>>
>>54394894
Because if my splat isn't the best splat I will never get over Chad
>>
>>54394894
Because OPP is slow and talking about how bad the new Changeling Preview is doesn't take very long.

Nu-WW doesn't even count until they put a book out and BNS studios is just 'okay' and doesn't produce quickly enough to really talk about.
>>
>>54394316
Because of changelingfags' need to feel special.
>>
>>54394747

I feel as though it makes no sense that Archmages are stronger than Antediluvians

Aren't they supposed to be unbeatable
>>
Why is the Abyss such a nasty place? Couldn't it contain some theoretical reality where life is better than the world of darkness (not hard)?
>>
>>54394982
It's to get print books, anon.
>>
>>54394992
>Aren't they supposed to be unbeatable
Only for vampires. Mages have no limit in capability, thematically speaking.

And by 'no limits' I'm referring to Archmages. They can throttle all of existence.
Methuselahs and Antes would decimate most mages under that, except for the most competent of masters.
>>
>>54395076
>>54394982
>>54394316
>>54393960
I'd probably back a 2e Changeling kickstarter even though it looks bad. I'm a sucker for fancy books.
>>
>>54394998
Because Abyss isn't really a place. It's basically you and the part of your universe you're in interacting with a "piece" of reality composed of symbols inherently contradicting your reality. Often the Abyssal symbols may even contradict each other.

Only Archmasters can supposedly disconnect from the reality completely and get an existance in a self-cohesive element of the Abyss, but even they will constantly bother with our reality (like Thaumiel does), even if they won't admit it to themselves, because the Abyss is also defined by what is true possibly more than our world would ever care about the existence of the Abyss.
>>
>>54394808
Archmage levels of Paradox + staying on Earth regularly do not mix, unless you actually acquire some of the few ways to remove permanent paradox.
>>
>>54395621
>Not being a Marauder.
Why even live?
>>
>>54395621
Yet that doesn't stop individuals like Senex, Medea and Al-Aswad from walking around New York.
>>
>>54395076
Why the fuck do people even fucking want those it's a waste of resources and there's nothing good people like that are fucking stupid shits who don't understand fucking anything they need to fucking kill themselves immediately.
>>
>>54395845
Personally, I hate tree. I love seeing them clear cut to print my books so I can play RPG games about how the world is dying.
>>
File: IMG_0165.jpg (242KB, 745x1018px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0165.jpg
242KB, 745x1018px
>>54385210
This can't be called bad but goddamn, does it belong in this thread.

We did not deserve a book as good as subsidiaries.
>>
>>54391470
>Overall they took what Hill had, and made it worse from the looks of the previews.

Its that possible? When you think hill is the bottom of the quality barrel....someone keeps on digging.
>>
>>54395845

Personally i love having big collections of dead tree books to jerk myself to sleep on my mighty collection.
>>
File: IMG_0167.gif (177KB, 600x788px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0167.gif
177KB, 600x788px
>>54385210
>>
>>54394941
BNS is focused on 'core book' type stuff only, really, with a couple of LARP-specific immersion/storytelling supplements. They aren't churning out a treadmill of books, which I think is fine. At least they have some quality consistency of 'present storyline, present mechanics, present game, do not insert politics'.
>>
File: freak-legion-art-1.png (2MB, 1067x710px) Image search: [Google]
freak-legion-art-1.png
2MB, 1067x710px
>>54385210
Freak Legion had the best art.
>>
>>54395076
Except it' not? Kickstarters fund deluxe editions (like the M20 that the one anon wasted $375 on) and expansion material. It still gets done as PoD and PDF even if not funded. Hence why it doesn't need a Kickstarter.
>>
>>54396257
>$375
THE LEATHER COVER IS REALLY NICE qq
>>
>>54396272
But was it a cruelty-free leather that benefited local leathercrafters and cowfuckers?
>>
>>54396295
I SHOULD HAVE DEMANDED A HERITAGE CERTIFICATE OF THE LEATHER WITH MY PURCHASE
>>
>>54396295
It was tortured from the backs of life FUCKING WHITE MALES by vegan betas. So, yes.
>>
>>54395996
>thai cuisine
truly the most insidious evil in that picture
>>
Why is it that only this wretched place devolves into 'who can beat up who', and not the actual OPP forums?
>>
>>54396600
Because they come over here to troll instead of shitting up their own board.
>>
>>54396600
The actual forums demonstrate quality autism on occasion.
>>
>>54396600
>OPP Forums
I think you mean Vampfags Galore

At least in the OWoD section.
Why even challenge them with Magefaggotry when they will just screech a mighty screech?
>>
What can the archspheres do that sets them apart from the 'arch' disciplines?

Do other games have 6 dots and above in their abilities?
>>
>>54394763
It is as much a piece of shit as it seems.
>>
>>54396648
Funnily enough the OWoD Mage forum is relatively sedate.
>>
>>54396840
In OWoD, both Masquerade & Ascension are the only two gamelines with the potential to reach 10 dots in their respective Disciplines / Spheres.

Werewolf, Mummy & Sorcerer only go up to 6 dots.
Earthbound & DA Fae have powers bordering on 6+ levels, but not to the extent of Masquerade & Ascension.

In CofD, Awakening is currently the only gameline to have received such treatment.
Behind that, Changeling & Beast have come the closest with their True Fae and Incarnate Beasts respectively.

Do note that balance is even trickier to determine when at such heights. It's a fools errand.
High level Disciplines do not necessarily equate to Archspheres any more than four dots in Dominate compared to two dots of Mind.
Hell, the Archspheres blow everything out of the water by light of how terribly they were designed, thematically appropriate or not.

Stick to what you know. I know I do.
>>
>>54395943
fuck you
>>
>>54396272
>Leather
Leatherette. They've never used leather, it's always been pleather.
>>
>>54395845
Trees are stupid. If they aren't even smart enough to run or defend themselves, they deserve to die.
>>
>>54398154
>Trees are stupid. If they aren't even smart enough to run or defend themselves, they deserve to die.

#BookSupremacy
>>
>>54398226
My books scream a little when I open them.
>>
>>54398226
>>54398497

#FaunalPrivilege

#PlantLivesMatter
>>
God, I love going to the library. All those dead trees, bound and mutilated and turned into whores any loser can browse and then take home for practically free, like he owns them. He uses it all he wants, then he returns it by dropping it into a little chute, almost like he was just tossing it in the garbage. Then the cycle repeats.
>>
>>54398642
>>54398497
>>54398154
All of my keks.

All of them.
>>
>>54398497
>My books scream a little when I open them.

The moans will only worsen when those poor books contain V5.
>>
Is the Dark Eras 2 Kickstarter the worst performing Kickstarter for OPP?

They lowered the threshold for the Golden Age of Piracy stretch goal by 10K, and it's still not a sure thing.

Have we reached peak WW Kickstarter?
>>
>>54398846
Its because it doesn't have a draft and dark eras 1 took forever
>>
>>54398846
>>54398862

DaveB isn't even developing the Mage / Deviant crossover chapter even though he's the actual developer of both lines.
>>
>>54392651
>cultural marxist
I didn't know economic systems could be applied to culture.
>>
>>54399082
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Gramsci
>>
In Forsaken 2e, the xp table says it costs 1xp to buy a new Wolf Gift Facet, but on the next page, it says it costs 2xp
Which is correct?
>>
>>54399594
1.5 experiences

did i mention how stupid the word experiences is?
>>
>>54399657
>how stupid the word experiences is
Probably one of the worst facets of 2e. Almost makes me not want to play.
>>
So, can someone explain to me how you choose a demon's exploits, embeds and interlock at character creation? I honestly can't figure out how the fuck it works
>>
>>54385682
You are a vampire. You are strong, but you aren't stronger then the ones that made you. They've got plans that might not be in your best interest. You know you aren't the scariest thing out there in the night, and you know the Camerilla might be stupid lapdogs to the Ventrue, but you know there are OLD Camerllia vampires out there that have played the game for centuries and could ash you in a heartbeat, and plenty of indy vamps that could cut you down to size if you dare to intrude on their privacy.

Basiclly: Act like you are aware that being a solider in a shadow war between two vampire nations is a Very Bad Place and you want to not die.
>>
What's the single strongest group in the old World of Darkness?

By this I mean Clan, Convention, Tradition etc.
>>
>>54400507
Archmages.
>>
>>54400735
That would make it the Order of Hermes then, wouldn't it? I recall something about them putting out the most Archmages.
>>
>>54400292
read the fucking book, its not hard.

pick one embed from your incarnation favoured, choose 3 others watching for prereqs. pick 1 embed to be your first key, St does the rest.

How fucking hard is that?
>>
>>54386453
Better art direction, and 50% less Atlantis, and I would have given that game the chance it deserves.
I hear that 2nd Ed fixed those problems (along with making the system better all-round), but it's thirteen fucking years later and I don't have the time or the group anymore.
>>
>>54400797
cool story bro
>>
>>54400507
The Traditions create magical planets
The Conventions create machine planets

Pick
>>
>>54397068
It would be, most of the assholes who frequented it over the years either drifted over to Awakening or got hired to write Exalted.
>>
>>54400891
Can't I get magical-machine planets?
>>
>>54400507
Technocratic Union. Hands down.

Werewolves might have ancient spirit pacts. Vampires might have more money than god. The traditions might just be the goddamn illuminati. Pentex might be a corporate state within a state that practices an unholy mix of science and black magic.

The technocrats sling around primium tipped nukes.
>>
>>54401126
No. Fuck you. That's not how this works.
>>
>>54400770
The Order of Hermes is the strongest Tradition in all regards.
>>
>TFW the 2ED of your favorite fansplat is coming along slowly but surely

It might even come out before Signs Of Sorcery.
>>
>>54401247
>fansplat

So it's automatically irrelevant
>>
>>54401256
Don't get cocky. This is all make believe and thus equally irrelevant, even the sacrosanct Mage.
>>
>>54401336
Fansplats are basically fanfiction, aren't they?
>>
>>54385210
>be changeling
>get jumped and the shit beat out of you by vampires because some little old Chinese lady who doesn't like muscling in on her relic racket told them to
>trick them into the goblin market and leave them for fucked
>the next day run into friend who had been caught by a bounty hunter of a true far.
>some lost and confused vampires saved them in exchange for help escaping the market
>>
>>54401336
No, you don't understand. Fansplats are shit. They don't matter. They never did.
>>
>>54401374
Don't fuck with old Chinese ladies. Fuck dude
>>
>>54401386
Genius and Princess are both great and you only disagree because your genitals are below average size.
>>
>>54401370
Sorta, but even Masquerade can be considered fan fiction of older vampire stories. My point is that acting like one is more important than the other is highly subjective and ultimately pointless, especially on this place.
>>
>>54394316
Because they're running out of 20th editions and that kickstarter money probably makes up a significant amount of their budget.
>>
>>54401386
I'm gonna have fun with my fansplat and you can't stop me.
>>
>>54401405
Are you seriously arguing that fansplats have as much merit as the core lines?

You are ludicrous in thought, my friend.
>>
>>54401417
Leviathan>>>Beast
>>
>>54401417
>>54401442
Seconding this. Several of the fansplats are better then or equal to the core material.
>>
Reminder that Archmages have 'fansplat creation' as a Practice
>>
>>54401417
People put a lot of effort and passion into fansplats, same as the core lines. The only reason to completely dismiss fansplats is elitism and puritanism.
>>
>>54401477
Fansplats aren't canon

I'm a purist

Fuck you
>>
>>54401484
Canon is dead, we c0da now
>>
>>54401405
It's actually pretty objective. If it's officially published, it's more important because it's actually canon and part of the setting and the game lines.

If it's a fansplat, it's not any of those things. Better? Sure, you could argue that. But it's pretty clear that official, canon products are more important and relevant.
>>
File: 1481329188932.png (294KB, 736x486px) Image search: [Google]
1481329188932.png
294KB, 736x486px
>>54401484
You might actually have an argument if not for the fact that basically every relevant fansplat is for the New World of Darkness, which has no metaplot, no shared setting, and no canon.

Saying you don't want Kamen: the Justicing into the oWoD with its specific setting and long standing plot is one thing, saying you don't want it in a modular setting creation toolbox is just you telling people to stop liking what you don't like.
>>
>>54401506
nWoD doesn't have canon or a shared setting unless the ST chooses to give it one.
>>
>>54401531
reeee stop having fun that isn't in the books
>>
>>54401523
Minor nitpick. The Chronicles of Darkness does not have a metaplot, but it -does- have a shared background setting.

While it is entirely the decision of the ST, the various splats do indeed know of each other. You can either ditch it or run with it.

Fansplats do not currently exist within the confines of the CofD canon.
>>
>>54401531
I'm pretty sure it just has no metaplot. The books reference other splats a fair amount, and lay down rules for how interactions and clashes go, and the books offer backstories and histories. I haven't read anything to indicate that CofD isn't a shared setting. Where did you get that from?
>>
>>54401562
He's being a dingleberry. A splat-centric cosmology has only ever been the choice of the Storyteller.

The setting has always been connected.
>>
What are the fansplats, anyway? I've only heard of Genius and Princess, and what I've heard isn't promising.
>>
>>54401562
>>54401582
>>54401557
Actually it doesn't, the Chronicles of Darkness does not automatically assume all the other splats are canon, it only provides instructions and ideas in case the ST chooses to say so.

When you join a campaign of CofD you have zero reason to assume that all the splats exist in the ST's setting, nor to assume they interact in the way the books suggest.

This is in contrast to the oWoD where, while this was still possible, the general assumption was a shared history, shared world, and shared cosmology [and a fucking mess of one at that].
>>
>>54401596
The biggest ones are Genius and Princess, but there's also Leviathan, Alien [or whatever its called], and about a dozen lesser known splats of varying degrees of quality.

Genius and Princess both have great fluff, but I don't know how good the mechanics are. Leviathan I know far less of.
>>
>>54401611
Where's the source, anon?
>>
>>54401637
I'm not going to source you on a general design principle you fucking twat.

Its widely known that the CofD were designed to be a modular toolkit for designing your own setting using the ideas in the books, not a published setting with set characters and canon like the oWoD.

You provide ME with a source that the New World of Darkness is meant to have a shared setting that assumes the other splats are canon.
>>
>>54401666
Funny that the actual devs have assumed on occasion that the splats do know of each other.

lol
>>
>>54401611
I don't think you understand the difference between metaplot and setting.
>>
>>54401666
Just say you don't have a source faggot.
>>
>>54401611
>>54401666

Ummmm, no.l
>>
>>54401679
Yes. When running a crossover chronicle. Its also entirely possible to run a campaign that is purely the splat in question, or uses only a few splats while excluding others.

It is a toolkit. The books provide ideas and instructions for what to do if the books are mixed [because they were designed around unified mechanics so characters in one could theoretically be used as NPCs in a different splat's campaign] but they do not assume that all books will be canon to any particular game, nor does any splat assume that a specific other splat will necessarily be canon [with the possible exception of Beast].
>>
>>54389224
>M20
*shudder*

Maybe make the central tension for the character be about finding a personal balance between science and faith? How do they explain concepts like the soul? How do they resolve beliefs about the afterlife? What do they do when the only way to succeed is to compromise on their personal beliefs and taboos?

Play it well and it could be really interesting.

Also, the Void Engineers are a pretty loose convention - being able to perform effectively in the Void is more important than personal flair and eccentricities. At least, that's what I gleaned from Guide to the Technocracy.
>>
CofD has canon supplements with multiple Templates goin' at it

The canon setting runs that they all exist in the same setting.
It's up to the ST to change that. This shouldn't be hard to understand.
>>
>>54401684
>>54401686
>>54401698
And I don't think you understand the difference between 'setting' and 'shared setting'.
>>
>>54389344
the shadow on the wall of the cave is a massive hard-on
>>
>>54401666
Not how it works, Satan. You made the claim that it isn't a shared setting and that all the cross-splat fluff in the books is just to be taken as suggestions. Burden of proof is on you. It's not on me to disprove you or prove your argument for you.

Provide a source or fuck off.
>>
>>54401727
>Provide a source or fuck off.
He literally can't, so he won't.

Get ready for "hurr durr i'm so clever" commentary.
>>
>>54401727
No, you owe me a source. Show me where in the books its says "All the splats are assumed to be canon to every other game" despite the games and their respective settings being designed to be self-contained, unlike those of the oWoD.

I'll wait.
>>
>>54401760
This is in fact how burden of proof works. You don't prove a negative.
>>
>>54401714
I don't think that you understand that there isn't a difference. Chronicles of Darkness is the setting, all the splats exist within it. The devs themselves treat it as such. The books treat it as such. Mage has Changeling experts. The God Machine uses the symbolism of the Exarchs as variables in equations. The Strix explicitly aren't allowed to use a Mage's magic. The opening story in Changeling explicitly has vampires in a Hedge Market, with the pov character wondering how the hell they got in.

It's not like a buffet where you get can pick what you want on your plate. You get served a tray of food, and you can scrape the shit you don't like off of it and if you brought shit from home you're more than welcome to dump that on there and mix it up. Running with this metaphor, fansplats aren't on the tray at all. They're little bagged lunches.
>>
>>54401784

Well said.
>>
>>54401784
I call bullshit on the Changling story. Post source.
>>54401781
You're the one who doesn't understand how burden of proof works. You're the one making a claim [that the splats share a setting] you're the one who has to provide a source from the books.

Because the settings themselves are entirely self-contained, where they are not outright contradictory.
>>
>>54401760
>No, you owe me a source
I literally don't. Never made a claim. And negative assertions don't exist, by the by. It's all just assertions.
>>
>>54401807
Holy mother of hellfire. You are either the most biased individual on here or literally a fucking autist.
>>
>>54401807
>Post source.
Goblin Markets, page five.

>I see a few bloodsuckers crowding a shop near the back, a blind nook obscured by heavy curtains of Hedgespun. God knows how they got in. Addiction always finds a way, I guess. And I used to think I was better than them.

That's how burden of proof works. I made a claim, provided a source.
>>
>>54401807

They all exist in the same fucking setting. Published supplements have confirmed this.

They give you options to build on it, but they're still coherent and correlated.
Be grateful it doesn't have a convoluted metaplot like OWoD
>>
>>54401807
Dancers in the Dusk page 47. The default setting assumption is that the Ruinous Prince is the Aeon of Fate. Any Changeling game that does not assume Mage cosmology is valid is non-default ie non-canon.
>>
>>54390039
That's the signature of that artist, my friend - unrealistic skeletal structure.
>>
>>54390350
Then may Gaia have mercy on your souls. Mage 20th Anniversary Edition is objectively the worst version of Mage, and arguably the worst gameline ever penned by either WW or OPP. How you even managed to figure out the Magick system - or for that matter, the fucking rules section - without an entire dev team, a crystal ball and a fucking psychic is beyond me.

Also, giving money to OPP for that pile of shit? Please tell me you pirated a bunch of .pdf's, I feel sorry and sad enough for the users on this site who paid hundreds of dollars into a Kickstarter on good faith.
>>
>>54390873
Subjective statement. 5 minutes in the penalty box.
>>
>>54390350
Look dude I like food too but you don't need a book to tell you should be eating on game night
>>
>>54401784
>brought shit from home
fansplats. You lost the metaphor here you filthy plebeian
>>
>>54391015
Corrupted to the core, dancing to puppet masters they didn't know they had. Drugs and blackmail would be a massive part of how the Camarilla do business, and Typhon cults would crop up regularly amongst the mortal population. It would eventually lead to a Masquerade breach involving law enforcement erroneously assuming the Camarilla were an international cult.
>>
>>54402033
Arbitrary penalty. 5 minutes in the shame shed.
>>
>>54391867
Maybe it's trying to kickstart Mortal evolution and create a new, even stronger kind of splat? God Machine always kind of reminded me of The Strangers from the movie "Dark City" - ceaseless experiments trying to discern the nature of humanity so as to improve the observer, too alien to understand their subject's distress.
>>
>>54402086
Judging a judging, twelve cycles in the cubes
>>
>>54391935
Anarchs are regular citizens, bro. ISIS are just a front for The Sabbat. I know you're trying to troll, but it's best if you pick something controversial or inflammatory instead of mildly incorrect? It's a nice try for a 14 year old summerfag, anyway.
>>
>>54402061
I don't believe I did. I was referring to homebrews, your own alterations and additions to the served meal that still fit in it. Making a Legacy isn't the same as making a fansplat. Making it so that the splat you're playing is known to the world isn't the same as making a fansplat. You're making little additions and changes to the tray. Meanwhile, unless you made the fansplat, it's not something you brought from home. It's like you got a little bag lunch from that greasy weird kid who sells them in the parking lot.
>>
>>54392204
/pol/ bullshit. Five minutes in the penalty box.
>>
>>54402135
Not heiling right in the fuhrer's face, 1488 minutes in the oven
>>
>>54402135

>i don't like you
>you must be from /pol/
>>
>>54402126
>fansplats aren't homebrew
Fansplats is moonshine you cousin banging redneck
>>
>>54392312
>scenarii

If that isn't the plural of "scenario" it needs to be.
>>
Praise be to Rose, I just read the gentry section and my main gripe with 2e, that Seeming was 100% your agency in escaping, is gone.

Now it's your fairy tale role which you take ownership of to escape.

Hope returns!
>>
>>54392651
>cultural Marxist.

/pol/ bullshit, based on discredited antisemitic panic from the McCarthy era. 20 minutes in the penalty box.
>>
>>54393310
How can people be afraid of something they cannot know about without reality erasing the knowledge? Some people know of them, but not all. Therefore your statement is WRONG, WRONG, KILL YOURSELF, FUCKING WRONG, DIE DIE DIE DIE DIDIEIEIEIEIEIEIEIEIEIEIEIEI
>>
>>54402174
Don't you diss on Princess
>>
>>54394088
>NEETs are made of magic

oh wow, the lies you guys tell yourselves to cover for the fact your last gainful employment was a paper run...
>>
>>54402260

Woah, calm down there. Cunt.
>>
>>54394194
>Why do people like Vampire?

Because we were all raised in Judeao-Christian cultures and Vampire is ultimately a morality play based on those cultural principles?
>>
>>54394350
Oh wow, I didn't know people still liked Richard Nixon!
>>
>>54402283
And because sometimes the best stories are built with down to earth established stuff.
>>
>>54402252
>what is the Frankfurt School
>what is critical theory

Oyyyyyy veyyyyy
>>
>>54393200
I wouldn't say terrified so much as wary.
>>
>>54402288
Loosely related but ...
What creatures and occult organizations would you have backing each american president (or other if you've got other ideas and headcanons) ?

Kennedy was most likely assassinated by angels (or was he ?)

As a side question, do you sometimes include real world political figures in your games, or play them as PCs ?
>>
>>54402319
And most likely puzzled at the sudden death of the lawnchair business
>>
>>54402283
What principles?
>>
>>54402276
Use of profanity. 10 minutes in the punishment barrel.
>>
>>54402336
Kennedy was assassinated by Seers because the Sleepers were getting uppity.

>do you sometimes include real world political figures in your games
Parodies, sometimes. It's what I do for all real world figures. The Rock becomes the Boulder, Donald Trump would be Ronald Mump, etc.
>>
>>54402380

I call bullshit. Bad ref.
>>
>>54402235
Huh tell me more mister

>>54402319
Eh judgeing by how crowded both owod and cofd are with supernaturals you do risk situation where everyone sitting iwht you in metro train is some kinda of weirdo creature,

>Is that guy with dvd of How to Lose Friends & Alienate People a Seer of the throne.....and did I turn of the owen when I left the house
>*voice in head*I am and you did. But your dog has cancer
>>
>>54395845
Exactly why I buy older books already in circulation. I agree completely about the hypocrisy of WW/OPP - pulping trees to write about environmental problems, lecturing readers about the evil of technology on something run through computers and printers, holding up Vampire as a morality play to understand personal darkness while they hire writers who are evil scumbags and push claustrophobes into cupboards...
>>
>>54396368
Were they WHITE PEDIGREE MALES?
>>
>>54402500
>writers who are evil scumbags and push claustrophobes into cupboards...
Who did what to who now?
>>
>>54398907
DaveB is basically a missing person at this point, so I'm not surprised.
>>
>>54402551
I bet he's in a Misery type situation.
>>
>>54400507
The Dark Kingdom of Jade. No other group controls as much territory, troop strength and power, as well as having their own territories, plural, in the Dark Umbra.
>>
>>54402583
Still got BTFO like everybody else in ends of empire
>>
>>54402583
They're up there. Pre-Storm Union blows them out of the water though.

Arguably Pre-Storm Traditions as well.
>>
>>54402582
Some magefag is holding him tied in his basement?
>>
>>54401417
If I look at Awakening 1st Ed, Beast, Mage 20th..... yes, fansplats have as much OR MORE merit than the core lines, and the only one being ludicrous here is you for not acknowledging your idol has feet of clay.
>>
>>54402593
Bot the Technocracy and the Traditions effectively ruled space before the Avatar Storm hit.
They were by default the strongest factions in the canon.

The Union is still ridiculously powerful compared to the other groups.
>>
>>54402620
Didn't union lose most of their stuff and strongest dudes in Avatar Storm?
>>
>>54402645
Both factions did. The strongest mages are barred off from the Consensus.
>>
>>54402616
Can you give examples of good fan splats ?
>>
>>54402148
Lack of reading comprehension. Six hours in an sealed glass chamber full of argon.
>>
>>54402174
>cousin banging

Don't knock it just because your family is ugly, my cousins are hot af
>>
>>54402315
>what is bullshit

ftfy. Cunt.
>>
>>54402739
Not an argument, sweetie
>>
>>54402336

Over a third of the US presidents were freemasons. Google it.
>>
>>54402377
The concept that sin ultimately hurts the sinner more than it does the world around them? The themes of damnation, original sin and redemption are all part of that too.
>>
>>54402759
I meant in WoD terms

I KNOW they are all freemasons, skull & bones faggets and all around terrible megalomaniac gurus (this actually goes for any political higher-up regardless of country)

What I'm looking for is stuff that's exploitable within the frame of urban fantasy campaigns, not the depressing constatation of real life facts
>>
>>54402526
The deprivation of liberty was Martin Elricsson. At one of his LARPS, he forced a claustrophobe into a cupboard to help him "confront his personal darkness" or some such tripe.

The evil scumbag writer is, of course, Zak S. That guy is a waste of functional skin and organs. He's a shitty artists, a mediocre writer, a boring porn star and an awful, awful person. Elricsson seems to have hired him for controversy alone. His hiring led to Dave Hill quitting (never getting a fucking paycheck on time helped as well).
>>
>>54402809
But how is he awful ?
You're just saying that he's bad but not telling us why or how
>>
>>54402809
Boy Elricsson is a gift that keeps on giving
>>
>>54402590
1) Only if you choose to use Ends of Empire. If Elricsson can wind back Gehenna, then there's no onus on us to use that one either.

2) Did they really, though? The events of EoE focused on Stygia. The Emperor is a fucking Neverborn, I think he can handle a Tempest. When the storm winds abate, the Jade forces would have gone back out to re-consolidate their territory. It's not like people just stopped becoming Wraiths, now is it?
>>
Booth being a Camarilla/Sabbat/Setite flunky would make sense, since emancipation fucks their plans right up.
>>
He could handle the Tempest, but he would be severely weakened allowing some underling to launch a coup or grandma to do something.

And even if he survives that, he'd likely be killed by Mikaboshi when he crowns himself Demon Emperor
>>
Fuck's sake is 4chan X malfunctioning or something?

>>54402842 for >>54402804
and
>>54402867 for >>54402838
>>
>>54402751

Oh, terribly sorry, sweatheart. Here, allow me to rephrase -

>"Cultural Marxism is an antisemitic artifact from the Cold War, based on the idea that the Frankfurt School could somehow infiltrate western society and corrode it from within to further a Communist agenda. Now that fifty years have passed, Communism has comprehensively failed and the term is being used again as a snarl word directed at identity politics that upsets brittle and thin-skinned conservatives; it is ultimately as factually incorrect, unconsciously ignorant and intellectually bankrupt to use the term as it is for a Far Left speaker to label everyone who disagrees with them as "a Nazi".

Now.... show me your dick.
>>
>>54402898
And critical theory, sweety?
>>
>>54402898
So this is where the phrase came from. Always wondered about it being thrown around on english speaking forums but only recently started creeping in around here
>>
>>54402842
>>54402883
Lincoln would have been at the center of a lot of occult interests
For one thing, most vampires would have preferred to be able to keep slaves
The GM probably used them pretty often for experiments and the south in general sounds like a place where facilities can be set up pretty easily
Demons and Changelings would most likely have sided with the Union

ps : yes, I know the american civil war wasn't just about slavery
>>
>>54402954
here as in where I live not on 4chan
>>
>>54402829
* ran a harassment blog called "The Dongion"
* managed to be too toxic for rpg.net

>"You serially derail sexism threads with bad-faith arguments. You insist that nobody can ever make generalizations about anything ever (even when they're not), then post generalizations. You pull out arguments that boil down to "words don't mean things" like that's ever been constructive outside the philosophy forum. You're passive-aggressive and occasionally condescending, you post anecdotes as facts, you tell people that things can't be sexist because you know ~females~ who would disagree. You're convinced that you're always right and refuse to consider otherwise, or at least that's the only explanation I can think of for why you keep making up strawmen to dismiss people who disagree with you (cf. the pass-agg "stop assuming all women are alike!" business, asserting that feminist game bloggers and others who disagree with you must be "conservative", every time you say "Tipper Gore" ever). You don't take anything that isn't agreement for an answer, and will argue in circles about it instead of making the positive contributions you could be until you get bored or someone makes you stop."

* generally confrontational, abusive, abrasive, rude, as well as pursuing and harassing people that have pissed him off
* directs fans to pursue and harass people that have pissed him off (Dave Hill had to leave the fucking COUNTRY to get away from it)
* threatened random users of forums with rape in the James Desborough Incident,
* do you hate people who pursue arguments from the old thread? Zak S can do that across months of time and multiple websites.
* any criticism of his work WILL earn personal attacks - in one case, he accused a critic of "fucking a pig".

Google for even more. This is only 2010 - 2014.
>>
>>54402960
On vampire front I would say LS nad Invictus would support slavery however both CM and CoC would likely use civil war to undermine position of the former two so would support the Union
>>
>>54402943
The only "critical theory" I've got is the natural 20 your cockhead is going to score on my prostate, sweet cheeks ;D
>>
>>54402962
Yeah, same. In Australia, renowned dickhead and climate change denier, Cory Bernardi, uses the phrase to describe civil rights agendas.
>>
>>54403046
Man yes I forgot about the Crone and their huge ties with the slaves because of voodoo
Also you're right that the Cartians would necessarily oppose the Invictus

Now Reagan, who was backing that old kook ?

And since someone was joking about Nixon, what about him ?

I'm not knowledgeable enough on american politics to have a clear idea, but I'm really interested
>>
>>54403086
IMO the Moulding Room had fingers plunged very deep in the Nixon and Clinton presidencies, and is at it again with Trump
>>
>>54403079
Fun thing about this since I didn't know McCarthism was largely directedas jews as commies spies.

In Poland in 1968 there was huge eruption of antijew sentiment supported by the communist party. Democratic opposition(that had a lot of people of jewish descent in it and was mostly centered around intelectuals) was labeled as Sionists, Western Spies, and of course fuckin jews.

In this context this is doubly hilarious
>>
>>54403086
I remember one sourcebook that observed how difficult it was to get alone with the President to interfere with him. Still, the old Hunters Hunted was quite clear - no President since Truman has been aware of the presence of the supernatural.

Of course, lobbyists can be very ..."persuasive"....
>>
>>54403166
What made Truman special ?
>>
>>54403166
>to get alone with the President to interfere with him

Invictus/Seers eleven: The Movie

>Carl here infiltrates the Secret Service
>On it
>Maria Secretary of Defence
>Sure
>Malcolm and John presidential aides
>Yup
>Chad....
>Yeah brah?! Give it to me brah
>Uh the gardner...get the gardner
>>
>>54403143
"Largely"? No. But there was still an inherent suspicion and mistrust, and a perception that there was considerable cross-over between the two groups. It wasn't helped by people like Bertolt Brecht, let me tell you.

For the most part, "Cultural Marxism" was fearfully associated with the "Frankfurt School". It's fucking stupid, they were basically a bunch of combination pol sci / philosophy students, and they don't get very far in life, let alone corrupting democracy itself.
>>
>>54403202
Now that's a pretty neat idea for a campaign hook
>>
>>54403178
According to Hunters Hunted, he was wounded and nearly killed on a hunting trip by something "that should not be" and spent considerable time with a psychiatrist. The psychiatrist convinced him in the truth of what he saw, so Truman formed a secret charter for the FBI Special Affairs Division.

The psychiatrist was himself a puppet of supernatural forces, and the plan was to use SAD as a blunt weapon against shadowy enemies. Although their numbers and resources shrank in the decades since, SAD remain a mysterious force in the FBI, chasing down the kind of thing that made Fringe such a fun show to watch.

To the government at large, SAD are simply a small taskforce that chases cold cases and serial killers.
>>
>>54400779
Then what the heck are interlocks then?
>>
>>54395685
It stopped al-Aswad for a long period of time
>>
>>54403219
I think Ventrue clan book had this Texan elder Cade Something that was superpatriotic and invested in Department of Defense. Could make a good antagonist for such campaign
>>
>>54403244
Thanks for that !
>>
>>54401396

Alien>>>>>>>>Genius/Princess

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bqenEJzcTh7ZqNjnTByNUAIlq4BeomHLWrI1wJ8vtc4/edit
>>
>>54403065
shows you have little to no understanding of social sciences, sweetie :)
>>
>>54402315

>He thinks Jews still like critical theory when they're some of the biggest anti-semites around

>Bringing in hordes of hajjis to europe to create more states hostile to israel

I wish i still had that "Durrr, da goys will never figure this one out!" reaction image.

>>54402514

Gangster God-machine apoidic NIGERS sodomized the prince of the city!
>>
>>54403298
This looks awesome
How does it fare on the "power scale" ?
>>
>>54402315
What supernatural group would most benefit or invested in the Frankfurt School and critical theory in oWoD/ChroD?
>>
>>54403393

IDK, I havent had a chance to play it or cross-test it. I keep trying to spread interest in Alien, but it's slow going.
>>
>>54403415
I might try and get the missus and friends interested in that because I love ayys and it looks really fucking cool
Maybe we can try and organise online games
>>
>>54403379
>rerouting the immigrants to Europe instead of Israel
>ruining Germany in particular for the holocaust and Europe in general for either helping them or standing by and doing nothing

Jews can hold a grudge, just ask the Canaanites, Philistines, Moabites or Edomites
>>
>>54403374
Mmmm, I know plenty about preventing "social diseases"... maybe you should show me how you've got it down to a "science" ;)
>>
>>54403379
IN 1975, EXARCHS BEAT ME BLOODY AND DRAGGED ME IN CHAINS THROUGH THE PASADENA STAR TREK CONVENTION, SINCE THAT TIME I HIDE IN LOW DOWN DEADLY GANGSTER SLEEPER TOWN
>>
>>54403540
>Jews can hold a grudge, just ask the Canaanites, Philistines, Moabites or Edomites

Jesus, just ask a Jew. They'll tell you they still can't buy certain products without their grandmothers lecturing them about Nazis.

>Fanta? Don't you realise that's a Nazi drink?
>IBM computers? Who do you think organised the punch card systems for the Nazis?
>Kodak cameras? You can't have those, the Nazis had those...
>>
All these fucking faggots writing each other love letters on this thread makes me want to go out to a gay bar and let my freak flag fly... let's face it, we wouldn't be on 4chan if we weren't all in the closet...
>>
>>54403692
Are you a pretty boy ?
What are you wearing right now ?
>>
File: 2049319.jpg (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
2049319.jpg
9KB, 200x200px
>>54403692
Thy sins be forgiven thee
>>
>>54403991

Obrimos?
>>
File: 1258505001043.jpg (574KB, 743x1035px) Image search: [Google]
1258505001043.jpg
574KB, 743x1035px
>>
>>54404044
Holy shit, someone must have been a real beta fag in college
>>
File: preview002.png (414KB, 545x702px) Image search: [Google]
preview002.png
414KB, 545x702px
>>
>>54402467

depends on how "common" each splat is.
>>
>>54403671

Tell me about it. I went to an anime club for years and it occured to me i didn't know any of their last names. So I asked, and they asked me what kind of last name it was.

My last name is a German name, so I said so.

My god, you could hear a pin drop.

It turned out they were all Jewish. I knew the host was, but I didn't realize the others were too.

And yes, I am the guy saying the idea of a global Jewish conspiracy to undermine the west is asinine.

The reason the refugees are going to Germany is simple - free money. They pass through a bunch of countries without war in order to live off a country they have no connection to. This is exactly why I support Welfare Chauvinism to some extent.
>>
>>54404466
>Jewish Anime Conspiracy
>>
>>54404586 New thread
>>
So, can someone help me design some interlocks for Embeds? I got Marco Polo as Embed 1, In My Pocket for Embed 2, authorized for Embed 3, and Stimulus/Response for Exploit 4. any suggestions?
>>
>>54404044
>King Lager: Official Sponsor of the ROTC
>>
>>54404282
Psst! Whichever Anon usually bickers about population ratios for different splats, that's your cue!
>>
>>54404466
>The reason the refugees are going to Germany is simple - free money.

Really? I thought it was because now that the USA had hobbled itself, the EU is now the largest free market in the world, and France and Germany are the democratic jewels in it's crown... but that's just the conclusion I come from reading analysis of the G20 meetings.
>>
>>54405576
I'm interested in this actually
Thread posts: 360
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.