[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horus Heresy General /hhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 263
Thread images: 71

File: 1471136919334.png (107KB, 1003x586px) Image search: [Google]
1471136919334.png
107KB, 1003x586px
Titan Pelvic Thrust edition
HQ Conversions subedition

Last thread the Rangdan were theorised to have wrecked the Lost Legions, Ixion showed up with his Bullock gang in tow and 1kSons melted some Knight Scions with plot bolts. More Edition REEE occurred and apparently realistic numbers aren't properly heroic despite Primarchs being OP. Editions named themselves like armour and the Sallies fought their second Kaiju thus far. All this and more in the last thread >>54359808

>Thread FAQ
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 (embed)

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed) ()

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed) ()
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764 (embed)

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447 (embed)

>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318 (embed)

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
http://www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>Crimson King
http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/hT9jpwsK/file.html

>NEW Mega Folder
https://mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
>>
First for grorius white scars.
>>
>>54384691
Threadly reminder.
>>
>>54384782
Why does he look like an ork trying to go fast with face paint? The gorget looks like a frowning ork face
>>
File: Magnus.jpg (11KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
Magnus.jpg
11KB, 261x193px
>>54384845
Because most of the old artwork for Magnus is terrible.

Apart from based Blanche of course.
>>
>>54384875
Now he just looks like he's having his prostate examined by pertuabo with his minigun hands
>>
File: horus-walpaper1.jpg (146KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
horus-walpaper1.jpg
146KB, 1280x720px
Hi /hhg/, I've been interested in 30k for a while but haven't had the funds necessary to get into it, I've just got a new job so I am taking the plunge.

I'm interested in big infantry lists and a few tanks, I've settled on Iron Hands as my legion. With this in mind I've crafted the below list, is it lacking anything? I'm not planning on using a RoW or a named character at the moment as I'm not interested in any of the RoWs and I want this to be a 'my dudes' army.

2500 points

HQ 85
Centurion, refractor field, volkite charger 70

ELITES 335
x3 apothecarys, x3 augury scanner 150

Contemptor Mortis, x2 Kheres, extra armour, Blessed Autosimulacra (BA) 195

TROOPS 975
x20 Breachers, x4 melta guns, vexilla 425

x20 Tacticals, CCWs, vexilla 275

x20 Tacticals, CCWs, vexilla 275

HEAVY SUPPORT 1110
x10 Heavy support squad, missile launchers, flakk missiles 340

x3 Vindicators, dozer blades, machine spirit, BA, command tank 515

Sicaran venator, lascannon sponsons, auxiliary drive, dozer blade, BA 255
>>
>>54385696
>getting into 30k just as it's dying
a shame, really
>>
>>54385696
Pretty good, you could optimise it by removing the Breachers and missile launcher supports and using that big fuckload of points for a Dorito and a shitkicking unit for your centurion to roll with, but on the other hand if it's Your Dudes and those are Your Dudes then good job, go make your dream come true.
>>
>>54385724
I live near Nottingham so I imagine that there will still be a reasonably sized 30k player base. Lots of people on reddit live around the area and play 30k.

>>54385740
haha, two things I should have mentioned is that I like shields and the Immortals models and also I like missile launchers. I might look to get a suicide terminator squad armed with melta guns to deepstrike in and bash a big vehicle threat like a medusa battery, armoured ceramite might be nice but 5 S8 AP1 shots will get through side/rear armour easily enough.
>>
File: magnus did nothing wrong.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
magnus did nothing wrong.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>54384782
>>
>>54385841
You'll need to note termies can't deep strike without a RoW/wargear/dreadclaw/warlord trait.

Immortals are worth considering over breachers as you don't need an apothecary for them and you can go full volkite for maximum raygun, which I do.

Gorgons are also really resilient dudes for bashing guys faces
>>
>>54384691
https://youtu.be/phBjy2KUQTA
For all fellow legionaries of the IVth, and also for Zone Mortalis gamers
>>
>>54386118
Magnus the fool, Magnus the fuckwit.
>>
File: BLPROCESSED-Into Exile cover.jpg (115KB, 650x823px) Image search: [Google]
BLPROCESSED-Into Exile cover.jpg
115KB, 650x823px
Anyone got this ebook short?
>>
>>54388196
Black Library.

Its only £1.99 for fucks sake.
>>
File: ClUkDWSUgAEp6cE.jpg (20KB, 315x317px) Image search: [Google]
ClUkDWSUgAEp6cE.jpg
20KB, 315x317px
>>54388250
>>
>>54388196
Is this one new? Because last I checked, people liked ADB writing Land, hey? We might actually get a decent Mech book for once.
>>
>>54389212
>people liked ADB writing
I like how he writes, but not what he writes. The second he deviates from the beaten track, he dives headfirst down a cliff.
>>
>>54388162
Magnus the Wrong.
>>
File: MOMArt.jpg (471KB, 1324x966px) Image search: [Google]
MOMArt.jpg
471KB, 1324x966px
>>54389212
MoM was brilliant imo.
>>
Does the Emperor have a toilet?
>>
File: MFW_SCRAPCODE.jpg (138KB, 800x1100px) Image search: [Google]
MFW_SCRAPCODE.jpg
138KB, 800x1100px
>>54389212
>AAAAAHHHH
>>
>>54389385
Magnus "Daemon memein' " the Red.
Magnus "Shaitan's spray-tan" the Red.
Magnus "Crimson King Tzeentch's plaything" the Red.
>>
File: FWComingSoonMagnusTheRedContent.jpg (279KB, 1000x936px) Image search: [Google]
FWComingSoonMagnusTheRedContent.jpg
279KB, 1000x936px
How did you guys paint Magnus armour? I can't quite decide what paints to use, but I want more of a bronze look and not golden.
>>
>>54389686
>Magnus model with no nipple horns
No.
>>
>>54389212
Eh, it was okay.

Nerds jerk themselves raw over "epic science guy who doesn't give fucks!!!!!"
>>
>>54385724
kys
>>
>>54390960
I wouldn't want to seem like a copycat so soon after HH slit its wrists in the bathtub.
>>
>>54385696
I'd strongly consider taking the RoW "Company of Bitter Iron". It doesn't hurt you in any way (must be loyalist, no allies, no Ferrus Manus), and it gives your infantry Hatred (Traitors).

You can, but don't have to, take Immortals as troops and they'd get Stubborn in the enemy deployment zone. You'll never reach the enemy deployment zone on foot so no real reason to take them - but buy the models and mix the bits into your breacher squad.

I hope you're aware that footslogging lists really struggle under the current rules. I would not be shocked if you found yourself needing to put smaller squads in Rhinos, or the breachers in a Spartan, or if you ran Head of the Gorgon just to make the Vindicators outflanking so they can go after the artillery that will be blowing your squads to bits.
>>
>>54389686
The biggest crime, after Mortarion not having a rebreather, is Magnus NOT HAVING NIPPLE HORNS. You had one job!
>>
>>54389561
>His toilet emits a shining beacon throughout the galaxy.
I used to believe the Golden Throne and the Astronomicon were the same.
>>
>>54391894
>Shitty models
>Shitty powercreep-ridden rules
>Overpriced RUBBLE
>Stagnant edition
Why do we love FW, again?
>>
>>54391944
>Overpriced RUBBLE
It's artificer rubble, anon, don't you know? Only the best for a Primarch base, and Forge World is incapable of putting out a new model without extolling that it's rare as all hell and SUPER UNIQUE. Look at the Telemons, there's only a handful of them, probably less than the number of Primarchs, and even then some remain empty for lack of suitable pilots. Bringing one down is probably worth an entire army of most others unless it's one of those All Uniques All The Time Marine armies.
>>
>>54391894
I bet the new Dorn model won't have a giant golden eagle strapped to his back THOSE FUCKING HACKS.
>>
>>54391894
>tfw Sanguinius WITHOUT WINGS
>>
>>54392193
That's literally an iconic feature though, they won't leave those off, the Nipple Horns are not, though I'd give you the re-breather for Mortarion, that really should have been on there.
>>
>>54392193
Nah, Sanguinius will just have those 80's British rocklocks.
>>
>>54392290
>>54392308
Baldguinius, then
>>
File: Myrmidons.jpg (700KB, 3708x1972px) Image search: [Google]
Myrmidons.jpg
700KB, 3708x1972px
Are Myrmidons any good? The models are exactly how I pictured the old Skitarii from Titanicus and such, but it seems like a lot of points to tote one Volkite Culverin or similar around. Any weapon option or tactic that makes taking a squad or two worthwhile?
>>
>>54392399
>Tactic 1
Everyone takes conversion beamers and blows stuff up from miles away while being T5 W2.

>Tactic 2
Everyone takes graviton imploders and they get a taxiros then go big guy hunting.

That Reductor guy who posts often uses tactic 2 often in conjunction with some droplites and a medusa battery to make Spartanstar players weep.
>>
File: 20170718_214909.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170718_214909.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
Just moved house so feels good to get back I to things, what are people working on tonight?

>gentlemen, post your battle stations
>>
>>54392492
>graviton imploders
>big guy hunting.

So what, I can make the Mechanicum Ghostbuster Squad and cruise around not crossing the BS5 Preferred Enemy streams? I love that idea. I don't know what Droplites are though, just poking around and looking for cool units.
>>
File: 1432004904982.jpg (223KB, 1131x674px) Image search: [Google]
1432004904982.jpg
223KB, 1131x674px
>Ursarax are even more grimdark than Thallaxi, with their only reward being occasional doses of anesthetic for their pain.

How did the Mechanicus, regardless of whether they're loyalist or traitor, manage to outstrip every other faction in the pointless grimdark cruelty department?
>>
>>54392780
Yeah pretty much, reroll hit and wound combined with relentless for 4 shots each means you will put 11 or 12 ap2 wounds on a primarch. Even if they make it through on invulnerable saves they are concussed down to initiative 1 so will be taking a bunch of S10 ap2 attacks to the face next turn assuming you get a good charge.

Droplites are hoplites in an arvus, drop in and haywire the biggest tank threat to death, works best with reserve shenanigans to make it happen earlier.
>>
>>54392833
>pointless grimdark cruelty
Well, it's not necessarily POINTLESS, it makes some truly superb melee infantry with sweet jetpack lats. They just don't really see the point in being at all decent people when it's not efficient. It makes me want to write a little short story about a Dark Magos who doesn't really care about the universe anymore but loves interesting stories and such, so he's akin to Grand Admiral Thrawn in a love of fine technology and respect for his enemies all while being an immoral dick. Sadly, I can't write for shit.

Are those yours, anon? Because they look sexy as fuck. How'd you do the claws and the black masks, if you did?
>>
>>54392833
Because they don't just treat people like things, they turn people into things.
>>
>>54392933
It was just Google Images, anon, I wish I could paint like that.
>>
>>54392924
Ooh, both of those sound fun. Would it be possible to convert up some hover-barge Arvus Lighters or long Triaros-sized skimmers and do a Mechanicum air army? Always liked the Baskilion, and the idea of gunboats skimming in as Myrmidons and other shock troops leap from hatches and Thallax scream by overhead sounds like great fun even if it would rather congest my Fast Attack slots.
>>
>>54392833
>hey magos, how should we make our troops better at killing?
Hmm, maybe we could give them advanced training and access to the very best gear we can afford?
>no wait, I've got it, let's just lobotomise them and make everything except for killing really painful!
Sounds good to me.

t. Explorator Magos Enabrin Falkan
>>
>>54393166
Was he from Sarum or something? Sounds like World Eater Boops. To be fair, they CAN punch out Primarchs and Custodes and others who DO have the absolute best training and equipment and thus cost way more than them, so it seems to have worked.
>>
>>54393258
Nah, he was some independent guy who developed them via 'stolen' Reductor tech, he then mysteriously vanished and Ursarax tech was distributed about the place.

They do sound pretty World Eatery though, can imagine them accompanying some nailed forge lord.
>>
Anyone know what parts went into this lad?
>>
Last time I will ask this, how do I fluff a loyal sons of Horus force without making them luna wolves
>>
>>54394091
As any of the myriad SoH companies that didn't have Garvial Loken as captain?
>>
>>54393996
FONDLE THE BALLS
WORK THE SHAFT
>>
>>54394091
Easiest way of fluffing a loyalist traitor force is to say they didn't make it to either of the istvaan battles.

Next easiest is to say they were at istvaan but after seeing the horrors of betrayal they disagreed and fucked off.

Easiest way after that is to think for your damn self, you seriously have no ideas at all about how you want to fluff your force?
>>
>>54394330
CONTEMPLATE EXISTENCE
>>
File: baddies.jpg (31KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
baddies.jpg
31KB, 1024x576px
>>54394391
>yfw you're a loyalist SoH on Isstvan
>>
>>54394091
It's sort of weird for loyalists to continue calling themselves "Sons of Horus" for obvious reasons but you could always pass it off as
>we need to remember the sins of our legion
or something.
>>
>>54394091
What aspect of the SoH are you trying to keep: the colors, name, or rules?

If colors, then they should be Cthonian rather than Terran. If name... really not sure how you make that work. I guess they could be recent inductees, too new to be in love with the Luna Wolves history. Rules are easy enough, they don't really restrict you.
>>
>>54394261
>>54394391
>>54394662
>>54394932
Thanks for the ideas I'm new to the heresy and really liked the colour scheme of the sons
I know have a good idea on how to fluff them
>>
Are there any painting youtube channels/streamers? Not like Duncan's "here's some tips," just dudes painting. Might motivate me to be better.
>>
>>54395450
*now
>>
Did the guy in yesterday's thread who didn't know the difference between 7th and 8th editions ever post again?
>>
>>54395450
Please share! And tell us why you aren't interested in elevating your gene-father into command of the Imperium. You know he's been lying to you about the nature of the Warp, and that he'll discard us like he did the Thunder Warriors...
>>
File: AttackBike03.png (159KB, 250x253px) Image search: [Google]
AttackBike03.png
159KB, 250x253px
Damn, quiet thread even for the way this summer has been going.
>>
File: Oooh Creative Title.jpg (50KB, 331x499px) Image search: [Google]
Oooh Creative Title.jpg
50KB, 331x499px
>>54398025
What are the best stories about any of the primarchs? I'm planning on getting the new Lorgar book cause a pilgrimage to ally with daemons and kill a god is my shat
>>
>>54395858
I always wondered about about this. It's kind of blindingly obvious the Emperor was going to purge the Legions at some point if you know the story of the Thunder Warriors, and it's generally accepted that he wants to do the same thing to the Mechanicum, the Primarchs and a whole bunch of other stuff. Given the Imperium was immediately REEED at by a billion xenos after the Heresy surely a full-scale war with the Mechanicum wouldn't produce a much better result? For all their jobbing in fluff they do have very large guns and underpin the vast majority of the Army and some of the Legions.
>>
>>54394091
>>54394391
Just build your army in the timeframe of post-Cthonia (finding their primarch and naming themselves SoH) but pre-Davin/pre-Isstvan (where Horus became a bitch for Chaos and a traitor respectively).

I don't understand why people don't suggest timeframe-based armies more often. Most of your games will end up as dream matches anyway (why are loyalists fighting loyalists? why is this guy who died on Isstvan III fighting Shattered Legions that didn't exist until Isstvan V? etc.), so why not imagine your army as a sort of freeze frame of the Legion's military capabilities at one particular time?
>>
>>54401437
They didn't get renamed to the Sons of Horus until after the Triumph of Ullanor. Other than that it's a good point.
>>
>>54401437
This is something Battletech has been doing for decades, and it works very well. Why the fuck hasn't GW caught on is a mystery to me.
>>
>>54401972
Because in BT you need like three lances at most, while with Warhammer you need several hundred bucks and endless hours at least.
>>
>>54401365
The navigators and astropaths (of which only the former were a powerful institution, I think) were among the other doomed parts of humanity. I think the Mechanicum may have taken a long, long time to get around to cracking. I don't know how that would've worked... better than in M41, but not by much.

The Ultramarines, if not others, were likely to earn themselves a spot in the new Imperium. They'd be useful, and some of the others in small numbers. Maybe it would've been more of a cull instead of an extermination - at least for a lot of the legions.
>>
>>54399815
Do note, the book is about his childhood on Colchis
>>
>>54402072
Sure, but you fight mostly dream battles anyway and they'd gain design space for all sorts of options and unique units.
>>
>>54401365
>>54402128
>It's kind of blindingly obvious the Emperor was going to purge the Legions at some point if you know the story of the Thunder Warriors
Because the Thunder Warriors were some barbarian trash he got along the way.

The Primarchs are his sons, which would make the SM his sorta-grandsons, thus nobody would think that he'd kill them.

Also, it would necessarily have to be a cull or purge, he could just do it like what happens to the IF in the beginning of I am Slaughter, i.e. bringing down their recruitment numbers to virtually zil then letting casualties mount, and having the primarchs serve some role in the Imperium (Guilliman head of Administratum, Alphy head of secret police, Vulkan and Ferrus get their own labs, Perty and Dorn build citadels and palaces, Fulgrim in charge of propaganda, Angron, Lorgar and Curze inspectors of Terra's Exultant Gas Chambers at close range etc.)
>>
>>54402168
*it would NOT necessarily have to be a cull or purge

>when you write a medium sized post and miss a word
>>
>>54402128
I imagine Emps would have to first wait until he could get at least a decent chunk of the Mech on side to avoid losing his entire engineering force the moment the fight starts, slug it out with the Mech traditionalists and then slowly wean the remaining Tech-priests off the Omnissian Creed, which would have been bloody difficult given that's the entire reason they stood with him in the first place. I suspect that the Navigators and the Legions would be considerably simpler to deal with first. I kind of want more Navigator fluff given the one Navi we have rules for is pretty badass, but I guess I can just go read some Dune.

>>54402168

True, at least pre Retcon Library "Primarchs are tools". I suspect that he might have kept Lorgar around to work with Fulgrim at the propaganda thing, it's more his schtick than the Phonecian and his compliant worlds were loyal as all hell before lolChaos.
>>
>>54401365
I don't like this opinion. At best it's a guess at the mind of an immortal, and even then only if the Webway project worked, and it didn't. We will never kill all those pesky Dark Eldar now...

If we had a legion of marines (not that Cawl DOESN'T have it), what xenos species would go extinct first?
>>
>>54392563
Its a fucking mess because Im starting to pack for Uni, so Im cramming all my mini's and painting shit into bawkes. Almost done my god damn Spartan+10 Justaerin superheavy barbarian launcher+'ammo'...but with the 8th ed shit HH got strangled in its crib in my home town.
Need to get motivated to finish painting and stop molesting weights at the gym in my free time as well. Ask me again in 4 months and it will be better
>>
File: 1496019256668.jpg (88KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1496019256668.jpg
88KB, 768x768px
>>54403020
Fucking elves. No, seriously fuck them and their snobby obnoxious, 'le refined race, le humans are chimps' attitude. Want to continue that you spindly fucks? WE WILL BURY YOU!!!

*swigs vodka, grabs AK pattern lascarbine and aнaнac pattern missile launcher*
>>
>>54403020
I would say go squish the Tau, get the Ordo Reductor out of retirement and go burn their sept worlds with Cyclonic Torpedoes if something interferes AT ALL with a seamless landing there. We don't need another hundred crappy planets as much as we want them gone. If the Imperium ever realised what having much faster ships and Exterminatus missiles actually meant you could burn down so many of the major threats to the Imperium in a few months. The Tau, the Craftworlds where they could find them. That ship that got into Commoragh should have set off a few virus bombs and cyclonics in there and rattled the bastards in their cage.
>>
File: Average Finnish woman.jpg (312KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Average Finnish woman.jpg
312KB, 1280x960px
>>54403216
The stupid eldar fucked a chaos god into existence, and their idiotic self-fulfillinf prophecies turned Angron into a Daemon Prince...but somehow the humans are the bad guys here.
Fucking remove elf nao!
>>
File: 1495909960896.gif (953KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1495909960896.gif
953KB, 500x375px
>>54403263
I fucking know right??? Chain Magnus the Fuckup to the Astronomicon, get that Daemonic bitch to pinpoint all the faggot's craftwurlds/backwards imbreeding centers, resurrect the Legion Astartes, go and Murderfuck the elves out of existence.

We are doing them a favour by voilently euthanizing them; life is hard, its harder when your entire race are smug pricks
>>
File: OrdoSinisterSymbol.jpg (64KB, 533x486px) Image search: [Google]
OrdoSinisterSymbol.jpg
64KB, 533x486px
What would be a good Knight house associated with Talons of the Emperor? I assume there's no way Ordo Sinister has any. Is there any other organization similar that could have Knights?
>>
>>54403438
You probably wouldn't want any of the Martian Houses. House Hawkshroud? Strong honourable streak and loyal to Terra, but the yellow might clash with the gold.

Ordo Sinister just has their 20-ish Titans and a few thousand Secutarii.
>>
>>54401365

Even from traitor pov, this was not a primary reason. The Primarchs and select senior cadre had their suspicions, but the primary reasons being a sense of tyranny, neglect, and/or a will to pursue the ruinous powers are well documented and reinforced by both loyalist and traitor in m31 and m42
>>
>>54403438
>>54403523
What does Ordo Sinister paintjob even look like? I can't seem to find a clear image of it.
>>
>>54403956
I think it's in the book somewhere in text form, fairly certain it involves green. Those things are heug and awesome, but sadly the DarkMech get no Horror Titans. Maybe in Angelus.
>>
>>54403980
IMO most of the stuff the Imperium produces is a lot more strange and horrible than what the Dark Mech come up with. With the exception of the Daemonculaba of course.
>>
>>54404100
They're basically the same only the dark mech has the extra step of "put a demon in it"
>>
So was Inferno so shit it killed the TS-SW antagonism? Because I don't see them arguing here anymore?
>>
>>54404245
I read that in the style of "put a donk on it"

>what that needs, right, is a bangin' demon in it
>>
>>54404301
All meme energy has transferred to /40kg/
>>
>>54402168
>The Primarchs are his sons
No they are not. They are vat-grown homunculi. Freaks like Magnus, Russ and Sanguinius can't be even considered human.
>>
>>54404314
>admech confirmed for being a bunch of scallys

>driving around the galaxy in a vauxhall corse with 3 hub caps and the exhaust removed
>>
>>54404375
I'm telling you how the SM and the primarchs see themselves.
>>
>>54404375
Words can hurt fag.
>>
>>54404397
Girlyman doesn't feel that way towards the Ultramarines and he links himself to how the Emperor views the Primarchs. Tools and assets.
>>
File: IMG_2666.jpg (74KB, 609x649px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2666.jpg
74KB, 609x649px
Thinkin about picking up the FW Iron Warriors upgrade pack and had some questions concerning its design

What's the relevance of the star and also tassel?
>>
>>54404301
We didn't care about TSvsSW shit, only members of those legions did. Inferno managed to convince them of the truth, that those legions are awful, so they stopped. In HHG, the SWs are arguably more disliked than the NLs, perhaps on the same level as Word Bearers.
>>
>>54404375
They're His creations. They're His dudes the same way your tiny soldiers are your dudes. Paint them, and give them several thin hugs instead of a single thicc one.
>>
>>54404986
Awarded as goodboi points for Iron tenders.
>>
>>54404542
I did like this part from Dark Imperium. Guilliman gets to know that Emps saw him as a Mastercrafted living tiny resin soldier instead of a son...and despite knowing this he ended up doing the same to, in his own words, "Cawl's blasphemous hordes" of primarines.
To be fair, your children are the ones you raise, the ones you teach how to be a grown up. If you meet that son you never raised as an adult, that's not your son; that's a stranger that also has half of your genes.
Plus dog genes in Russ' case. Fetch, boy!
>>
>>54405074
I would say Word Bearers are less disliked than either of those, the Legion is just very memeable. So far from what I've seen the WB players seem to be pretty cool and their rules are perhaps the opposite of stressful to play against. SW have both shitty snowflake lore AND autistic players by the bucketload.
>>
File: DG25.jpg (427KB, 980x1074px) Image search: [Google]
DG25.jpg
427KB, 980x1074px
Post your Primus Medicae.
>>
>>54404100
DarkMech is just regular Admech but off the rails completely, so I'd probably say that's not QUITE true, but the Loyal Mech are certainly the most grimdark faction on the Emprah's side of things. You could line the entire Mechanicum up as a third faction and they'd fit right in.

I'd actually be kinda down for that. As a DarkMech player, I feel like I have much more attachment to Loyalist Mech than Traitor Legions. All cogboys together.
>>
Unless i'm reading it wrong, you can take a wolf priest speaker of the dead in terminator armour with a chainfist.
am i wrong here, i don't wanna show up for the game with a wrong model.
>>
>>54405074
Agreed on other point but
>only members of those legions did
Nah, it's been obvious for some time that waay more people argue about SW vs TS than there are players in here. If you pay attention you see that the most shitposting on the subject is (well, was) done by people who play neither. I guess those people have took off for more fertile (You) ground.
>>
>>54405161
It's like you dunked it in motor oil, perfect.
>>
>>54405230
Yeah sounds good to me, RAW they still have their bolt pistol and grenades too.
>>
>>54405161
>"Sterile? Why yes, I'm a space marine after all."
>>
File: 30k IW PauldronIcons.jpg (111KB, 841x807px) Image search: [Google]
30k IW PauldronIcons.jpg
111KB, 841x807px
>>54404986
Something something Sol unification
>>
>>54405328
excellent. thanks.
>>
File: IronWarriorsUpgradePackNEW01.jpg (81KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
IronWarriorsUpgradePackNEW01.jpg
81KB, 920x950px
>>54404986
Why hasn't anyone painted a Texas themes Marine armour with those torsos?

I like the old GW ones, personally.
>>
>>54405519
>emphasizes how IW focus on function
>FW proceeds to put tassels and stars on the torsos

Whoever made those torsos needs to be kicked in the dick repeatedly
>>
>>54405554
No one is THAT cancerous :^)
>>
File: IMG_2618.jpg (361KB, 1679x1762px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2618.jpg
361KB, 1679x1762px
>>54405554
I'm trying to remake the old ones
>>
>>54405582
They look good anon, you got any other pictures or finished models?
>>
>>54405568
Well, they had to do something, because if they're just gonna be plain, people would just use stock torsos.

But yeah, something like a plain torso with a cog collar as seen on >>54405554 and >>54405582 would have been better. Maybe a little more defined rim on some of the parts and a skull icon on the "sergeant" torso.
>>
>>54404986
Pert is a fan of gay cowboys.
>>
>>54405652
That pic is the template I got going to work as a basis. I plan on adding the little skull on the chest and also that little vent belt buckle though.
>>
>>54405288
To be honest, I was rather surprised to see the intensity of the dislike, that time when we asked which legion you disliked the most.
I suppose it's because of the snowflakyness. One side is witches, the other one is regular dudes with literally a special sanction, because reasons.
>>
File: Bullet Bill.png (74KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
Bullet Bill.png
74KB, 600x375px
>>54405519
Their Unification symbol was the Winged Bolt. Which in restrospective sounds cooler than a mere star
>>54405568
I second that.
>>
File: Page120.jpg (2MB, 2652x3636px) Image search: [Google]
Page120.jpg
2MB, 2652x3636px
>>54406276
The winged bolt icon this guy has is the emblem of the 8th Expeditionary Fleet.
>>
File: 2017-07-19 18.37.58.jpg (198KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-19 18.37.58.jpg
198KB, 640x640px
Anons is possible to play a sister of silence only army? I have buyed iferno ant is on the way,any suggestion for the list and/or character model conversion?
>>
File: EC MkIII.png (2MB, 863x1253px) Image search: [Google]
EC MkIII.png
2MB, 863x1253px
>>54406569
>A
Yeah, but says "the Legion took from the 8th Expeditionary Fleet the emblem of the Winged Bolt as their first heraldic device". Because they were the "key and leading element", theirs was the right.
Interestingly, this further confirms (because it had been already confirmed) that alternate heraldry (Fleet, Chapter, Company, Personal) exists, answering the question "Can I add X to my marines, or must they be this N colour only?"
>B
We can only see half of that emblem, at best. And it appears to be, sure, some kind of wings, but they're surrounding the IV numeral and has the Tactical downward arrow (despite Tacticals being upwards, but whatevs). No bolt there
>C
Where did you get that better version of HH3? :O
>>
File: Sister of Quiet.png (289KB, 338x870px) Image search: [Google]
Sister of Quiet.png
289KB, 338x870px
>>54406657
Doubt it. Sure they can hold their own in melee but they lack dakka and armoured vehicles and...
Srsly, is she carrying triplets or something? I'm not saving that pic.
>>
File: 2017-07-19 18.40.41.jpg (284KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-19 18.40.41.jpg
284KB, 768x960px
>>54406774
>triplets

So i have to put in some custodes?
Or i can ally em with mechanicum?

>fourtplets
>>
>>54407018
You could put in some Custodes, mainly for the Dreads and tanks, the things they were known for :^) Or you could ally some Mechanicum. Remember the Talons are Agents of the Emperor, and thus Sworn Brothers to any loyalist force, right?
>>
So I'm currently reading the Crimson King and wow is this the worst HH novel or what? Its fucking terrible and barely cogent with previous fluff.
>>
>>54406657
It is technically possible, but they don't cover all the bases and FW says they don't expect to flesh them out like they did the Custodes. They're an Allied Detachment more than an army.

Also, the only actual model release has been the plastic sisters in the BoP box (available separately at a ludicrous price). The Acquisitor transport is imminent, and the bolt pistol upgrade probably is too, but that still doesn't get you beyond the Troops slots.
>>
>>54407018
Is there a point behind these preggos?

I love it btw
>>
>>54392051
Unless I'm wrong there are about 1/3 as many Telemons as there are Primarchs, not 100% if all of them are piloted.

Talk about wasted resources.
>>
>>54405660
But they could have done some metal plated torsos that look good and like IW but not generic
>>
>>54407987
Yeah, pretty much. Surely you could then fit all or almost all of the Telemons that exist into one army, and certainly fit all of them into one battle.

Castellan for 4HS, plus the one in allies. An entire vehicle class could be eradicated in one battle.
>>
>>54408586
I thought there was a rule against taking the same army as your primary and allied detachments, but no big deal. You still get four and can't take six either way.

Better than trying to squeeze 30k Magnus and 40k Magnus into the same army.
>>
>>54407911

Everything start joking about sister of silence transport that look like a triplets of dicks,after that escaled quickly
>>
>>54409422
Is that even possible? The fuck?
Still, the Telemon is probably less of a waste of resources than the grav-tanks or Levi dreads. The Teles are bespoke, whereas the slightly larger production runs of the others would mean you'd have to invest fairly heavily for just the few hundred for the Custodes or the Legion in question. At JUST the wrong side of the economies of scale, especially with all the faff producing new patterns of stuff tends to cause with Mechanicum testing and ritual.
>>
>>54403438
House Vyridion fought with the Talons in the Webway War.
>>
>>54407167
It's be Graham McNeil
>>
>>54410155
Ok, thanks.
>>
>>54409892
Why would Grav Tanks be a waste of resources? They're pretty much giving Move through cover to tanks, what's wrong with that?
>>
>>54411153
You can probably take all that time and money spent on a grav tank and make 2-3 regular tanks with dozer blades.
>>
>>54411153
Because they cost a truly stupendous quantity of money that could have been used to make other stuff, of course.
The fact that you only need a Divison's worth of tanks, and that that's JUST enough to warrant setting up a production run but not enough to start really bringing costs down per unit, they're going to be comparatively inefficient to build. Remember, arming the Custodes took all the effort of the Terran gun-clans that make the weapons, and all that trouble just to stop Mars from getting slightly better bolters and lasers. Granting the Custodes, who already have excellent teleporters and don't need to hold fronts specialized battle tanks is a comparative waste. They already have the Jetbikes for screening and AT duties, but everyone there can deep strike and thus don't need transports much even if they weren't bodyguards.
>>
>>54411236
For all we know, the Terrawatt clan or whatever they're called is a bunch of artisans that aren't into mass production or whatever those Martians like to do.
>>
File: TempestKraken.png (7MB, 1607x2233px) Image search: [Google]
TempestKraken.png
7MB, 1607x2233px
>>54411501
They are, that's the problem. I'd expect small batch production tops, especially with vehicles. Makes me wonder how Terra was intending to prosecute a war with Mars other than digging up as much archaotech as possible and throwing it at them. I guess they'd just have to rely on Emps blunting any attacks personally?

Also, some of those DaoT weapons are ludicrous. Imagine what the Imperium could have wrought if Mars had access to something like the Tempest Galleries. Sixteen THOUSAND Astartes dead in the assault, and they only won because they managed to dodge the Krakenboop. Fuck that thing sounded cool. Actually, DaoT sounds badass full stop, any single one of the tricks in the relic list would be setting-breaking if they had saved it.
Hordes of Astartes and Myrmidons charging forward with personal voids, autorolling sixes, Magi and Praetors teleporting around like Nightcrawler as nanites burn through swarms of Orks.
>>
>>54411213
You say it like they costed a billion times more and tank traps didn't stop all tanks with or without dozer blades in 7E. The only thing that stopped tanks from floating was that the specific STC for Grav plates was rare. Those things simply can work on more kinds of surfaces.
>>54411236
You keep on saying they're a bodyguard corps like some sort of roided space Queen's guards of Buckinghamium, but they're not.
They're the Emperor's own legion. I do not call for their mechanization, because yes indeed they aren't known for that, and all (two) places from which they have been known to operate have teleportariums (the Palace and Bucephalus), but that's no reason why they shouldn't have land transports, as they're known to use LRs. This isn't anything new, man. Their MBTs, now that I'm against *because* they lack a transport capability.
Also, you know they don't cost any money at all: slave labour is free, and those things are made out of regular metal hooked up to some sort of generator
>>
>>54412061
>They're the Emperor's own legion
This is true in the nomenclature, but they really don't fight like one nor are they capable of fighting like one. Emperor's Special Circumstances, perhaps. If they try to fight like a conventional military I suspect they'd get their asses kicked, since they can't afford to take the scattered losses that would entail. Doesn't matter if you can stab a thousand normal men to death with your little finger if said thousand are pointing rows of lascannon and tanks at you.
As special forces, though, they are unparalleled, so I do see your point. Transports would come in handy for some of their missions, I was just thinking of a full-scale teleport-in-and-stab-faces battle, which is not at ALL the right environment for Custodes.
>>
I'm actually really looking forward to the Emperor eventually getting rules, entirely so I can work out how many Levies or similar weak expendable thing it would take to kill him and then do so. You think they'll even make him killable, or will they just keep loading on the rules until he takes like five pages?
>>
>>54412061
>You say it like they costed a billion times more >The only thing that stopped tanks from floating was that the specific STC for Grav plates was rare.

Hmm...

Also, I'm no German mathematician, but I'm pretty sure 2-3 times more is not a billion times more.

Also, you have any idea how much more it's going to cost the enemy to build tank traps across their entire area of operations to fully stop enemy tanks form moving in? Like mines, they're merely for securing specific areas, not a fool proof protection against any and all tanks every time.

>they don't cost any money at all: slave labour is free

Except you still need to house them, feed them, clothe them, maintain them, and provide them all the tools, materials and training. Not to forget that a rare thing needs more than just slave labour. You need the talent to make the rare thing, which also eats away at your resources in housing, food, etc. Not to forget that any brilliant mind like that will surely have a price for their services, which also means a resource cost. And then there's all the stuff you need to do to get those resources, mine the precious ores, fabricate delicate circuitry, etc. In a world where a lot of stuff like that seems to be fabricated by hand.
>>
>>54412247
>I was just thinking of a full-scale teleport-in-and-stab-faces battle, which is not at ALL the right environment for Custodes.
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Battle_of_Gyros-Thravian
>>
>>54412314
>FW won't make Emperor model
>GW makes a snapfit plastic one
>the model will be in a Spirit of Vengeance game box along with a snapfit Chaos Horus, snapfit Sanguinius, snapfit Dorn, a set of terminators and some traitor Marines and traitor cultists
>>
>>54412382
S T O P
>>
>>54412320
>Emperor present
Yeah, that kinda takes the pressure off a bunch. He's rather good at altering the course of entire battles. Still, that is impressive, even if he was busy doing his EVERYONE BURN thing and taking the heat off.

>>54412382
>snapfit Chaos Horus, snapfit Sanguinius, snapfit Dorn
So as much pose difference as most of the resin Primarchs, then?

The annoying thing is, with Guilliman being pretty much monopose despite coming in a whole bunch of parts I can totally see that happening.
>>
>>54412402
>the terminators will be in Indomitus armour
>Chaos forces will be using CSM and snapfit cultist models
>>
>>54412382
>all of which suspiciously don't have models
Really makes your brain whirl.
>>
>>54412317
>Except you still need to house them, feed them, clothe them, maintain them, and provide them all the tools, materials and training
You say it as if the forges needed to be built from scratch. The best reason for building everything at Terra is simply because it's fully under the Emperor's control, instead of Mars. And that decision proved right when Mars did rebel.
Not to mention the Imperium DOES have the resources: Malcador seized up Deimos and got enough resources to fund another legion through a mere tax quirk, and in the entire galaxy only one dude noticed.
>>
>>54412425
Oh yeah he's good, but don't act as if the Custodes couldn't deal with a normal war and we're eternally locked in backflip spade-throwing Spetsznaz mode. Not to mention one time an Ork was hugging him to death.
>>
>>54412461
>You say it as if the forges needed to be built from scratch.

Well, if that's what you got out of it, we're so far apart in what we're talking about that this ain't gonna work.
>>
File: Review_412_09.jpg (30KB, 563x348px) Image search: [Google]
Review_412_09.jpg
30KB, 563x348px
How the fuck does one a legion choose?
>>
>>54411801
Consider that the Germans didn't use production line techniques during WWII. There was an awful lot of manual labor in their tanks, and little tooling. i.e. they had general-use tools that produced a wide variety of parts each (often for one tank at a time), with a lot of time wasted at each change. And they kept adjust the design; on average, Tiger I tanks six units apart had some little difference or two from each other. That's why only 1,350 were built, plus 500 Tiger IIs. (Though it's probably more instructive to look at medium tank production, which was still low compared to the US and USSR.)

If the Terrawatt clan operates like that, I think they could easily equip the Ten Thousand, and some other group that's almost as specialized can equip the Sisters of Silence. This is the Emperor we're talking about... he's got masses of humans enslaved to his... operation? for generations on end, and he's conquered everybody else on earth, and has blueprints that others had lost. I don't see anything infeasible about it.

There are plenty of other Terrans who can mass-produce stuff for the Thunder Warriors and early Astartes. The Boltgun is the Emperor's own invention, isn't it? Bolt vs. volkite weapons...
>>
>>54413041
By colour scheme.
>>
>>54384691
has anyone had luck with running cortus contemptors? id think it be more in-line with the IVth im working on as the fluff says they were able to be maintained by legions rather than relying on mars. just not sure how they would fair on the table top. and i need to figure out what to do with the plastic one that came with calth...
>>
>>54413041
Throw us a bone here... narrow it at least a little. Spit random words out that you like, such as "green", "contemplative," "angry," "Florence," "shiny," "Somme," "theoretical," or "mustache."
>>
File: soh.jpg (112KB, 504x689px) Image search: [Google]
soh.jpg
112KB, 504x689px
>>54413041
You look over all the legions and then realize Sons of Horus is the best option.
>godtier technobarbarian aesthetic and nice green/black/gold colour scheme
>best primarch model with good rules (and guaranteed to get better after the Molech book)
>archtraitor primary antagonists so get dicksucked in the fluff and almost no jobbing
>fucking demolished Leman and the Space Yiffs during the Wolf Cull with just our first captain
>>
>>54413041
Play Army, Mechanicum or Talons.
>>
Anyone have the armour availability chart on hand?
The one that shows what Legion had what Mark most commonly
>>
File: hh mark list.jpg (45KB, 900x400px) Image search: [Google]
hh mark list.jpg
45KB, 900x400px
>>54413455
Here you go.
>>
File: 1455277992637.png (1MB, 1132x960px) Image search: [Google]
1455277992637.png
1MB, 1132x960px
>>54413259
I like flexible and faster ones, with access to deep strike, infiltration and outflanking maneuvering with combined arms approach. I know every legion may take Orbital Assault or Wrath of Angels (or whtev. it's called), but they are too limiting for my taste.
The ones who most qualify for this IMO are
>Emperor's Children
>Space Wolves
>Night Lords
>Sons of Horus
>Raven Guard
>Alpha Legion
>Blackshield Outlanders
The things I dislike are slow primarchs, primarch deathstars and rites limiting army building (ie. no deep strikes/drop pods, must have dedicated transports etc.).

>>54413375
They are pretty cool indeed.

>>54413405
I'll be expanding my Talons section after I get skilled enough for NMM gold Custodes, along with the Daemons I have for a Webway War diorama.
Mech's too expensive even though I have a massive hardon for robots, army's an ally list (auxilia is way too expensive).
>>
>>54413497
That's not what he asked. Unless you're saying that all legions used all marks equally in which case you're fluff illiterate.
>>
>>54413375
>Daddy Issues : the Legion.
How about we don't have anon play the only other legion on the same meme level as NL.
>>
>>54413521
I would say BA or WS.
>>
>>54413522
If you claim you can find any clear indications from the fluff about how common certain marks were with certain legions, you're delusional. Sure, some legions might have used some marks more, but that didn't make all the other marks rare nor uncommon in their ranks.
>>
>>54413536
>Daddy Issues : the Legion
The 16th had a healthy relationship with their Primarch. Horus treated them well and brought them glory so they loved him in return. They're nowhere near the
>why doesn't daddy love me?
Nighty Lords.
>>
>>54413521
>>54413259
Oh and I like phosphex and rad stuff, but who doesn't?

>>54413560
I prefer infantry.
>>
File: Malcador's_Chosen.jpg (271KB, 550x468px) Image search: [Google]
Malcador's_Chosen.jpg
271KB, 550x468px
>>54413521
If you have Talons, get some Cadians and make Malcador's Chosen to go with them. That's what I did with mine. Plus a Knights-Errant.
>>
>>54413455
>>54413611
Alpha Legion and Sons of Horus sound ideal. Dark Angels have access to extra rad-stuff, but their rites are pretty restrictive.

>>54413611
Infantry-heavy WS aren't too bad; they benefit from the praetor's cyber-hawk and from the legion rule that lets you reroll 1s to wound if you moved your full movement. But AL cover more bases.
>>
Did all the non-Swedish 30k podcasts go on break or something?
>>
>>54413639
>Malcador's Chosen
>Regular fucking guards that were hand picked by the literal best guy in existence

Fuck Sanguinnie, Malcador was the true martyr.
>>
File: Beakie IW Malbon.png (1008KB, 796x523px) Image search: [Google]
Beakie IW Malbon.png
1008KB, 796x523px
>>54413522
:^)
>>
>>54416573
only corvus had beakies reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>54413375
>>godtier technobarbarian aesthetic
I don't know why people say this. This is what techno barbarians unts unts unts looked like. As in, they looked like whatever they wanted to look that day because there was no uniformity back then, the only thing they had in common with the one standing next to them was that they were coloured in shades of red and yellow, because everyone knows everything on Terra was coloured by Blanche back then.
>>
>>54414599
>Alpha Legion and Sons of Horus sound ideal. Dark Angels have access to extra rad-stuff, but their rites are pretty restrictive.
SoH is what I'm leaning towards, even with Horus being a big slow monster. I find Alpharius' rules more to my liking.
DA are also up there but the wait for full rules has been far too long.

>>54413639
This is one of the ideas I had, but only for a kill-team matches.
>>
>>54416768
>Be Terran warrior-tribesman
>Supplement my patchwork lorica with a few strands of ivy to help bring out my skull facial tattoo and robot eyes
>Greatfather, elder of tribe, calls me into his cyber-tent
>Asks me what I am doing
>Tells me I have brought shame upon the tribe and dishonored Blanchitsu
>My ancestors nanite memory swarms look upon me in disfavor
>Orders me to commit Sudoku or I will bring down divine wrath and misfortune upon the families
>Two months later some glowing golden dude with a halo and his roided out buddies kill everyone I'd ever known while insisting he isn't a god
>Can't even agree on whether they're in Britain or Albania
Being techno-barbarian is suffering.
>>
File: chivalric kek.png (636KB, 1117x615px) Image search: [Google]
chivalric kek.png
636KB, 1117x615px
>>54418642
>>Can't even agree on whether they're in Britain or Albania
I'll re-watch Mad Max pretending it's pre-Unification Earth.
>>
Has Forge World mentioned ever doing a Horus Heresy: Model Masterclass Volume Two?
>>
Inar Satarael. He buffs his army to the ends of the earth for his 375 pts, 3d6 drop highest Morale bubble, 4 independent drones with 3+ sv Jump Packs that provide a 3" interceptor bubble, spot for artillery and lower enemy cover in a 12" radius around them, which can be moved individually to fuck with enemies, has a teleport homer and spots for artillery, casts Ld10 Cybertheurgy on your bloops, gives all your vehicles IWND and boosts reserves to 2+.

T6 W5, makes enemies shoot themselves in the face occasionally.

When your enemy finally kills the bastard that's making your army immortal gods of fearless Intercepting artillery damage, he explodes like a vehicle, teleports his casket away from his robot body and concedes no VPs, not even for Slay the Warlord or any secondary objectives. Trayzyn WISHES he could be this much of a dick.

I know he costs Primarch levels of points and can't melee for shit, but does any other dude buff his army QUITE this much? I think he outclasses all the Primarchs fairly easily.
>>
>>54418642

>Can't even agree on whether they're in Britain or Albania

Fucking Albanians, as if their pissant country even floated into the consciousness of GW's finest fluff-crafters.
>>
>>54420069
Look at Alpharius and Dorn, their buffs might not be as numerous but they're a lot more powerful. P:E everything and mr i wanna be an EC are insane. Pity neither has models
>>
File: mkiii.png (121KB, 753x91px) Image search: [Google]
mkiii.png
121KB, 753x91px
>>54413597
u wot m8
>>
>>54420451
I would say that Inar probably tops Dorn given that Dorn's+D3 combat res and letting a few units Reroll Ones of cover saves/Ld10 is less good than granting four units of your choice Omnispexes, Interceptor and Nuncio-voxes/Word Bearer Morale,and Satarael has a big dollop of gravy on top with the powers of two Archmagi at once plus a Very Big Gun to compete with Dorn's Very Big Sword.

Alphy is more an even march in the buffing game, I'd say that Alpharius is better in large games where his PE: Everyone has no cap and Satatarel's Occularis can only cover four or five squads, and PE and 4+ Seize is probably way more useful than IWND and +1 reserves. In small games and probably medium games Satarael totally takes it though, since all those enhanced outflankers may be hammered flat by Intercepting big guns that regenerate, and they both have a similar suite of lesser buffs.

Also, both Alphy and Dorn concede both StW AND Price of Failure when they die, whereas Satarael isn't a LoW and denys StW 2/3 of the time with his FuckThisImOut module.
>>
File: flag.gif (32KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
flag.gif
32KB, 500x358px
>>54418642
>>54418827
>>54420425
Linguists aren't sure where the word Albania comes from, but the most likely options are Alban, Arben, or Arbe. None sound like "Albia." And for some reason Albanians call their own country Shqipëria.
>>
>>54420811

Remember that ol' Alphy has a nuncio vox, cognis, and cameleoline as well, making him able to spot for artillery, provide accurate deep strike, prevent infiltration, grant interceptor, and improve his unit's cover save. Plus all your usual primarch-powers. The stealing your opponents reserves trick is a bit situational to come up very often, but will really fuck them over when it does, and the D3 movement boost to outflankers is a nifty little boost as well. He claims the crown as buffiest of the primarchs.

>>54421066

Also, the Gaelic name for Scotland is Alba. Seems a bit more likely, given that Albia is supposed to border the Northern Atlantic.
>>
>>54421161
Satarael also has the Nuncio-vox and Cognis Signum in the form of his Djinn-Skein, and Battlesmith allows him to fix his friends on 4+ instead of boosting cover. I would say that the Outflank and Reserves things are probably less good than Archmagos Cybertheurgy and Megamorale Bubble, although it's close considering Mechanicum don't scare easily anyway.

Alpharius is certainly the Primarch with the best buffs, though, they're just a bit weaker than Satatarel's because buffing is all he can really do. Alpharius literally needs a 3+ Reroll Ones then a 2+ Reroll Ones to instagib him in melee, so it's not surprising he dishes out better buffs for what's a pretty similar price.

I did once have a truly hilarious moment when a Knight Atrapos D shot bounced off the Repulsor, took the last two HP off the Knight and then Satarael warped out of the massive explosion. That's almost worth not having an Invulnerable Save. Satatarel's biggest strength is probably just how fun he is to play and how he doesn't penalise you for including a few boops in a Reductor army or something. In fact, he makes them pretty good, since with Ignore Terrain you save points on Frags and can Surprise Motherfucker through walls when charging without the -2".
>>
File: IW armour.png (236KB, 358x490px) Image search: [Google]
IW armour.png
236KB, 358x490px
>>54420665
No anon ur doing a delusiony
>>54413597
>Sure, some legions might have used some marks more, but that didn't make all the other marks rare nor uncommon in their ranks.
This is true as well. I'm not sure how true this is for MkVI, and MkIV in the Scars' case, though.
>>
>>54421997
>I'm not sure how true this is for MkVI

There were prototypes spread for testing among the legions, production suits and machinery were recovered from Mars at the onset of the Heresy, and Alpha Legion smuggled suits off of Mars for themselves and other traitor legions.

The number of suits total in circulation might have been less than others, but there's really nothing saying they weren't used. Even the legions that hated them would have had to use them to come to that conclusion and even then, if given the choice between a crappy suit and no suit, crappy suit wins (as evident by the MkV).

Only real restriction would be MkVII, which was put into use during the Siege of Terra, so only 3 loyalist legions would have had any access to it and only on Terra. Some traitors might have captured some during the fighting as well.
>>
>>54393996
just ask him, anvils of konor on facebook i think
>>
>>54393996
>3 pauldrons

Does he get 1+ save?
>>
>>54422596
Fenpyrian forge
>>
>>54422279
Oh I didn't say they weren't used. I understood it as Anon asking what suits were not only used, but common.
>>
File: 2017-07-20 16.21.44.png (312KB, 440x474px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-20 16.21.44.png
312KB, 440x474px
Hello anons,i have buyed from a recaster 6 dreadhammer siege cannon,i want convert em to bombard atillery witch vehicle do you suggest for the conversion?
-hellound
-wyvern
-manticore

No leman russ,canon bombard is on chimera chassis.
>>
File: images (37).jpg (22KB, 375x212px) Image search: [Google]
images (37).jpg
22KB, 375x212px
>>54393996
>>
File: IMPERIALBOMBARD3.jpg (49KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
IMPERIALBOMBARD3.jpg
49KB, 920x950px
>>54423613
FW disagrees.

But since you will want that platform for the crew, Wyvern/Hydra kit is your best bet. Basilisk would be even better. Both also comes with mounting brackets for the gun.
>>
>>54423959
Well tell him that, then :^)
>>54423618
*bought*
>>
File: 1500453451647.jpg (7KB, 226x225px) Image search: [Google]
1500453451647.jpg
7KB, 226x225px
>>54423959
Think the same,basilisk brackets are to near to each other,wyvern w
Shoulf fit with a bit of work.

And with the extra bits i can kitbash some artillery like rapier/true wyvern or sell em to get back some bucks

>>54424677

Yeah i made also other grammatical error(witch) kek
>>
>>54425184
You can always move the brackets. Basilisk should come with track guards, so you can mount them on top of the tracks more easily.

Also, if you need a platform for a Chimera hull, get a space Chimera bottom and just slide it into the slot where the Basilisk/Hydra platform would go. I used that and a 3rd party gun to make Medusas. Russ sponsons can be used to make a shield for the crew.
>>
>>54422279
Yeah, it's safe to say that marks II-VI existed in all legions, probably in sufficient numbers to make a 3,000 point army out of them. I'm not 100% sure about each legion getting 60+ Mk VI suits, but "a few for testing" is open to interpretation so it's certainly possible, and there was some looting once the Heresy started.

But as others have said, some legions DID have favorites and they also had marks that were more common than others (not necessarily by choice - the White Scars probably would've been happy to have more Mk IV). And some marks just match the character of a legion better. FW deliberately picks which to use in their color plates.
>>
>>54423618
No Chimera chassis during the Heresy.
>>
>>54425832
Collected Visions shows not only Medusas and Basilisks, but also Chimeras during HH. Also Valkyries.

Legion Basilisk and Medusa use a Chimera chassis and stats.
>>
File: 1426025509891.jpg (321KB, 600x1848px) Image search: [Google]
1426025509891.jpg
321KB, 600x1848px
>>54425981
I'm hesitant to put much faith in the art from Collected Visions/Visions of Heresy. I think the feel of the Heresy was still in flux even after BL started its novel series (around the same time Collected Visions came out, 10-11 years ago). Some of the early novels still hold up, but others seem like they've simply taken M41 chapters, moved them back in time, and made them larger. Battle for the Abyss had Space Wolves organized like their 40k counterparts (them and the Thousand Sons only got their M31 feel in A Thousand Sons and Prospero Burns). Fear to Tread's Blood Angels are too M41ish, imo.

I think GW and BL started getting really serious about it after Alan Bligh and FW jumped into the fray. Everything before that is borderline apocryphal. And let's face it, a lot of that Collected Visions art is crap.

That was a bit of a tangent, though. I didn't realize the Legion artillery tanks were on a Chimera chassis but they pretty clearly are. My headcannon is that the forge world that discovered that hull pattern will rise in prominence after the Heresy, find/repair the STC for cheaper, simpler versions of the chassis, and instead of supplying the now-depleted Astartes it'll work more directly with the Departamento Munitorum and supply the nascent Imperial Guard.
>>
>>54426732
>a lot of that Collected Visions art is crap

So is a lot of modern GW art, yet it's still official.
>>
>>54384691
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/chester-bennington-dead-linkin-park-singer-cause-death-suicide-hanging-dies-age-band-nu-metal-latest-a7851916.html
CRAWLING
Boulevard (of borken dreams)
bowmer
>>
File: IMG-20170720-WA0013.jpg (887KB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170720-WA0013.jpg
887KB, 4032x2268px
Ixion Hale, nearly done. Fucking finally got the eyes right!
>>
File: IMG-20170720-WA0017.jpg (885KB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170720-WA0017.jpg
885KB, 4032x2268px
>>54427928
Goddamn the pic is tilted..
>>
>>54427928
>>54427944
Not bad by any measure anon.
>>
>>54425981
>>54426732
I know the stats are the same but I don't think the legion artillery tanks are supposed to be a chimera chassis, they're a unique type as seen in FW's kits
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Legion-Basilisk
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Legion-Medusa
>>
>>54428474
>kit uses Chimera bits
>has same stats and armament as a basilisk and medusa
>literally called "Basilisk" and "Medusa"

Like how the Fellblade was just a Legion Baneblade (until FW decided "we can sell more models if people can't just take a baneblade and use that"). Same with the Falchion/Shadowsword.
>>
>>54429129
Were they wrong?
>>
>>54429155
They could have just made OC donut steel and not fuck over everyone who liked the old design, wanted the old design or had made their own in the old design (using Baneblade rules).

I mean, plenty of people buy expensive stuff because they like them, not because they got better rules. All out MkII suited army with legion bits will cost a ton, even though you can buy plain plastic MkIV and III for a fraction of the cost. Same with certain vehicles, etc.
>>
>>54425684
Do you have a photo or link? Very interested in it
>>
File: 99590101380_LEGIONMEDUSA1.jpg (29KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99590101380_LEGIONMEDUSA1.jpg
29KB, 600x620px
>>54425832
Wat do you say?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-20-23-24-02.png (401KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-20-23-24-02.png
401KB, 960x540px
>>54425684
>>54425832
>>54425981
>>54426732
>>54426815
>>54428474
>>54429155

Here is the colossus " how should it be" right chassis and right stats for it 12/10/10

The actual bombard is only good for solar auxilia that effectively have the stat of a leman russ 13/12/10
>>
>>54430168
Colossus? Aren't we talking about the Bombard?

Also, the 40k variant has Chimera stats, even though the model is on a Russ hull. Same with the Atlas, at least in some editions. I used this idea when I made my Hydras, mounting an 3rd party AA turret on a Leman Russ. Sort of like the Wirbelwind.
>>
File: glaive white dwarf 120 p8.jpg (62KB, 478x432px) Image search: [Google]
glaive white dwarf 120 p8.jpg
62KB, 478x432px
>>54429129
Many, many years ago, the Glaive/Fellblade was just a Baneblade and the Falchion was a Shadowsword (or maybe a Stormblade, which looked surprisingly similar). This picture is from White Dwarf #120, for Epic.

But some of the art in the old Epic rulebooks showed heavy or superheavy Astartes tanks with domed turrets, like the old Epic-scale Predator models had. GW moved away from that during 2nd ed. 40k when they released a Predator with a boxy turret, but then in 2005 or '06 the artists for the collectible card game drew up a Baneblade with exposed tracks and a domed turret. Google "Khatek" (along with "Heresy" or something) to find it. Several years later, FW used that to create the Fellblade and Glaive models.

>(until FW decided "we can sell more models if people can't just take a baneblade and use that")
C'mon, you're specifically allowed to take a Baneblade, Banehammer, Stormlord, Shadowsword, and Stormsword (Legiones Astartes Age of Darkness Army List, p. 10).
>>
>>54429853
Yeah, I conceded the point up here >>54426732.

I still don't understand how the same hull can work for crews of such different sizes, or how those hatches are usable by fully-armored Astartes.
>>
>>54430941
I'm also allowed to convert/use 3rd party bits to turn those models into proper Fellblade and Falchion, rather than waste it on FW's designs.

Man, 8e Falchion is going to be a beat. 2D6 Str. 16 AP-5 Dmg. 2D6 shots and 8 S9 AP-3 Dmg. D6 shots. Potential of causing 172 wounds. Throw in a HK missile for another 6 potential wounds.
>>
>>54430168
Ah, I thought you meant that you wanted to just take a Baneblade and use that.

What, in your mind, is a "proper Fellblade and Falchion"? The originals that were identical to the Baneblade and Shadowsword, or FW's rules with 40k IG styling?
>>
>>54431007
3e SW didn't have any trouble fitting into a Russ. Neither did 3e IW into a Basilisk. Or legion Malcadors.

Also, a ton of those "marine" tanks are non-marine tanks that just got put into use by the legions. Rhinos, Predators, etc. were all DAoT vehicles, used by regular humans.
>>
>>54431300
The old Shadowsword had a different shaped casemate, slimmer and more angular. Did Baneblade and Fellblade exist even back then? I've just seen the Glaive (similar to the baneblade, but mounted a lascannon instead of an autocannon on the turret).

What I consider "proper"? Same FW clearly does, the domed turret. I'm not against updating the hull design either, but it's when they have to put two guns on the turret and their OC donut steel guns, the quad lascannons, on it, that I lose interest. They're so good at bringing old design to modern times, and then they go and just take a familiar name and slap it on something completely different.
>>
File: Epic SH tanks.jpg (82KB, 766x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Epic SH tanks.jpg
82KB, 766x1200px
>>54431483
>Did Baneblade and Fellblade exist even back then?
Epic got the Baneblade and Stormblade in 1992, in 2nd ed. Epic. The Stormblade had a long and narrow plasma cannon and three big missiles. The Shadowsword and Stormhammer are from 1st ed. Epic but I don't know the year. 1990, probably, since they weren't part of the initial release.

The Stormhammer is the only one for which I don't like the new FW model. The old concept of two equal-sized turrets with two guns each was a fun one that was different enough from the Baneblade.
>>
>>54431663
I'm thinking of the old drawn Glaive and Falchion that circulate the internet. Don't know where they're from or if there are other super-heavies in that style.

I don't hate the FW designs, I would have just appreciated if they had made them their OC tanks and kept Fellblade and Falchion in the more familiar rounded turret for the fellblade and slimmer, angular casemate for the Falchion.
>>
File: Space Marine Epic rulebook.jpg (526KB, 1500x994px) Image search: [Google]
Space Marine Epic rulebook.jpg
526KB, 1500x994px
>>54431768
They're from the collectible card game (2003). The art in it was used in Collected Visions / Visions of Heresy. It's not actually that old.

The concept goes back to 1st edition Epic (1989). Here's a picture from the rulebook with an unnamed tank that never became anything.
>>
File: Khatek - HH CCG.jpg (226KB, 1148x1052px) Image search: [Google]
Khatek - HH CCG.jpg
226KB, 1148x1052px
>>54431768
This is the Fellblade image from the '03 card game
>>
File: glaive-falchion.jpg (248KB, 480x820px) Image search: [Google]
glaive-falchion.jpg
248KB, 480x820px
>>54432210
I'm talking about pic related.

>unnamed tank

Doesn't the text talk about the Hercules super heavy tanks?
>>
>>54432327
https://www.scribd.com/doc/220427807/White-Dwarf-120
>>
>>54432456
You wouldn't happen to have a download for Space Marine rules? Would like to see the full cast of units.
>>
>>54432210
There's a name there though. Hercules Heavy tank and Vulcan Self-propelled gun.
>>
>>54432703
Where's a good place to upload the file? I have a Mega account but it keeps giving me upload error messages.

I found it online somewhere, so you may be better off just searching for a copy.
>>
Can someone help by sharing the links to Horussian Wars series ? Thanks.
>>
File: 9b4uH1rndemuo1_500.jpg (154KB, 500x712px) Image search: [Google]
9b4uH1rndemuo1_500.jpg
154KB, 500x712px
>none of the traitor mechanicum schemes are very interesting
>maybe I can get some inspiration from classic Rogue Trader art
>tfw pic related
Can anyone share some good mechanicum paint schemes that have some color and aren't just some variation of flat red/black/grey armor with a steel structure? I haven't found anything that excites me.
>>
File: images (6).jpg (13KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
images (6).jpg
13KB, 221x228px
>>54437612
That tends to be the trend, but here's a Xana Thanatar that's a bit different. Xana has like 20 schemes as well, feel free to mix in some red panels or or different metallics wherever. My fleet is Xanatite and they're going to be green robes, it doesn't really matter for Mech as long as it doesn't clash horrifically.
>>
>>54392833
Even the loyalist admech always had a sinister presence in the art and fluff. They were often used just like the sad little servitor guys you see crawling around what appear to be raging battlefields. They added a little bit of mystery and depth to the setting, which was clearly a dystopia.

When it came to actually fleshing out their force's backstory, it makes sense the writers would pull out all the stops on grimdarkery; at that point they had been established as a constant necessary evil.
>>
File: Dominus_Inconcessus.png (550KB, 1017x576px) Image search: [Google]
Dominus_Inconcessus.png
550KB, 1017x576px
>>54430686
Colossus= imperial bombard
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Colossus_Bombard

>>54431300
If the hull have the same stats you can use one to represent the other and vice versa,only problem remain the turret

>new question

What about dominus siege bombard? I would like to convert one but i frel like they will remove it with the new books
>>
>>54439188
* the only problem remain the turret weapons,that are a pain to convert
>>
>>54403438
You could fluff a knight house that's ancestrally close to the imperial house and often called on for actions that would need ordo sinister attention. If you used a custodes style pallet, a lot of golds and crimsons, I think it would suit the knight houses well. Checkers, flames, lightning bolts whatever the common geometric motifs to break up the patterns would be a must imo.

Some kind of anti-psychic tech too? I can't think of a suit that has that, but you could rig up a technical looking widget and add it on a conspicuous place like under the generator on the back and fluff that as an arcane anti-ordo-sinister-bullshit shield.

Yourdudes, anon.
>>
File: Psi Titan Ordo Sinister.png (1MB, 1251x877px) Image search: [Google]
Psi Titan Ordo Sinister.png
1MB, 1251x877px
>>54403956

Just fanart though....
>>
File: IMG_1996.jpg (159KB, 780x1040px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1996.jpg
159KB, 780x1040px
>>54437612
I've seen good gold ones, too, and knight color schemes are always good inspiration.
>>
>>54433860
I've used Mediafire.
>>
SoS transport and BA Transfers are up on FW
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Sisters-Of-Silence-Kharon-Pattern-Acquisitor-2017
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Blood-Angels-Legion-Transfer-Sheet-2017
>>
>>54440958
>5. Order Markings
>15. Order Writs and Oaths
Interesting. I didn't know the blood angels had "Orders", I thought they were fairly typical with a chapter-company-squad system. I guess we'll learn more about that in Angelus eventually.
>>
>>54441106
>Elite Blood Angels wear the Ultramarines symbol
Even in M31 the sons of Sanguinius had already accepted Roboute as their spiritual liege.
>>
>>54441178
>clearly an omega rather than an ultra
Um, sweetie?
>>
File: black-red-green-gold-lion.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
black-red-green-gold-lion.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>>54439271
But I want my dudes to be canonical dudes.

If I did go with /mydudes/, I'd probably do black with gold trim. All out red and gold will get boring. Together with some green Militia (Malcador's Chosen) it's gonna be a very colourful army. The knight will totally need a lion motifs.
>>
>>54441220
>t. Sanguinius
Just accept it.
>>
File: SOUTHERN_LEGION_2c.jpg (36KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
SOUTHERN_LEGION_2c.jpg
36KB, 400x240px
>>54441236

Yeah i like canon colour scheme too
>>
File: SOUTHERN_LEGION_2d.jpg (48KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
SOUTHERN_LEGION_2d.jpg
48KB, 400x300px
>>54441236
>>
File: IMG_2620.jpg (171KB, 898x498px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2620.jpg
171KB, 898x498px
>>54404986
I've never actually looked at the IW torsos but what the fuck. Every army has like at least three variants of torsos for variety, yet here there is only two torsos and neither fit the theme for Pertys boys. Why is FW so inept?
>>
>>54441344
WAR OF IMPERIAL AGGRESSION!
>>
>>54405554

> that metal as fuck siege beakie helmet

How the balls have I never seen that before; now I have a huge urge to track one of those down just to recast loads of them.
>>
>>54441236
>But I want my dudes to be canonical dudes.
We might not find out about any until the Siege of Terra makes it into the black books.

>>54444034
It's odd that they couldn't think of anything else for them, or make more use of the skull symbol. I don't know about the tassel, but the original legion members were mostly recruited from the part of Terra known as "Solus Stellax", bad Latin for lone star.
>>
>>54445397
I think it's actually more of a MkIV in person.
Thread posts: 263
Thread images: 71

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.