[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hybrid Classes in Pathfinder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: custom1td9.jpg (341KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
custom1td9.jpg
341KB, 1280x768px
Ive been reading about the hybrid classes in pathfinder, and many of them seem to be able to out perform their parent classes in a lot of the stuff that they're able to do.

Brawlers have higher staying power than monk, don't need to be a MAD class because brawlers cunning, more versatile because martial flexibility.

Slayers shit all over Rogue. Like seriously. In fact, they could very much replace a fighter because bonus feats and way more skills.

Bloodragers can out do barbarians because they can just take primalist archetype to get his rage powers. Now you have a barbarian with bonus feats and spells.

Investigator is also a strictly better rogue because hes got spells and studied strike. Both of which immediately make him more relevant.

Warpriest is like the cleric but better. Sure he doesn't get lvl 9 spells. But a bonus feat every 3 levels, he can still channel positive energy, can grant enhancement bonuses to his weapon, gets damage progression with the weapon,

And don't even get me started on arcanist. He can get the sorcerers bloodline, the wizards chosen schools without choosing opposition schools. Plus some of his exploits are absurd.

What do you fellers think of the hybrid classes in pathfinder?
>>
I think that instead of making Hybrid classes, they should've just straight-up said that these new classes replace the old classes, and then given them some options to recreate the feel and style of some of the older classes.

For example the Bloodrager could've easily replaced the Barbarian by giving some basic "non-magic" bloodline(s), or archetypes that are clearly non-magical, just "extraordinary" in focus, and give it the options of the Primalist archetype as default.

Slayer is clearly meant to be an assassin type, and with very little changes, they could've just replaced the Rogue, and had a Thief archetype, or options to better fulfill the feels of a plain rogue.

Swashbucklers are shit, though.
>>
>>54384364
>What do you fellers think of the hybrid classes in pathfinder?
I played a modified Holy Rager for a session run by a friend.

It was horrible.

I didn't understand anything.

This was also my only experience with Pathfinder so there is that.
>>
>>54384364
This is mostly because those core classes are shit, so any class that isn't shit will be a step up. Would you prefer having more shit classes or more good classes that makes the old shit classes look even more shit?

You also overvalue a lot of features (and things like the primalist is banned from PFS for one, and that he has a bunch of limitations on what powers he can take when), and ignore what the base classes got in the archetype department, i.e. wizard can get all of the arcanists' goodies he wants and be a better arcanist than the arcanist.

Feel free to make this post in the /pfg/ thread or the paizo forums and get schooled.
>>
>>54384364
Actually PHB monks have better Archetypes than Brawler which makes them better. You're right in that they're less MAD
>>
>>54384364
>Warpriest is like the cleric but better
>But a bonus feat every 3 levels
>gets damage progression with the weapon
hehehahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, I needed that, thank you
>>
You're retarded.
>Brawler
Weaker than Uncahined Monk. Stronger than base monk that doesn't take archetypes. Toss up with Normal Monk with archetypes
>Slayer
Fair point, but Core Rogues and Fighters are not worth the paper they were printed on. Fighter using WMH shits on Slayer though
>Blood Ragers
They're actually about on par with each other as Barbarians get more Rage Powers to play with.
>Investigar is better than Rogue
Literally every one is better than rogue. Alchemist is better than rogue and investigator
>Warpirest
>9th level spells
>worth some shitty bonus feats and damage dice
You're retarded.
>Arcanist
The one point that is bullshit. That class is an abomination.
>>
>>54384364
The ACG classes were some of the best and worst class design Paizo has ever done.
>>
>>54384364
>Pathfinder
>Bad
Wow that's shocking
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.