[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Something has been bothering me for a while, but what exactly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: latest[1].jpg (347KB, 1500x1200px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
347KB, 1500x1200px
Something has been bothering me for a while, but what exactly does a being like a Beholder do when it's placed in a vacuum? Not a literal vacuum, but a place completely devoid of any other beings: no other beholders, no people, nothing sapient at all- maybe just plants, animals, etc.

Just completely alone.
Would they be "happy" or do they just go insane? Start accusing the deer and birds of plotting against it? Will they make anything or will they just dig a weird hole and think themselves to death?
>>
>>54378361

They'd probably start carving off their other eye tentacles on account of how imperfect they are, resulting in the most terrifying of threats: THE UNIHOLDER
>>
Paranoia doesn't require the presence of other people. It could think others are plotting against it without ever seeing evidence that these "others" exist at all.
>>
>>54380124
>Paranoia doesn't require the presence of other people. It could think others are plotting against it without ever seeing evidence that these "others" exist at all.

That's a pretty thoughtful insight, Anon.
>>
First, it would deal with all of those pesky animals plotting against it. Then it will ponder whether it is paranoid enough to be suspicious of plants and react accordingly. I'd give it 50 years minimum before it either suspects that it is plotting against itself, which could lead to all sorts of mad shenanigans, or it goes full circle and begins craving the company of intelligent life. Anyone who finds this sad creature will first be welcomed as an honored guest before slowly realizing that their host has no intention of letting them leave.
>>
>Beholder delights in solitude
>Begins to have nightmares of other Beholders coming to its lovely world and trying to take it, other, ugly, horrid things, not worthy of such joy
>New Beholders are born
>>
>>54378361
They do what all biological life does. They reproduce. In a few centuries there'd be a small colony of beholders madly plotting against each other.
>>
>>54380365
What about convincing it to come along then?
>>
>>54380124

> literally /pol/
>>
>>54378361
Periodically, the beholder finds a spherical object and uses its laser beams to lovingly craft the object into a rendition of the beholder's own perfect form. Eventually it forgets about the object, finds it again, and destroys it for being a grotesque mockery of the beholder.
>>
>>54378361
>>54380124
>>54380365
>>54380398
>>54380869

Are Beholders autistic or schizophrenic?
>>
>>54380920
The impression I got, somewhere, was they were so dramatically xenophobic that they hate everything that isn't literally them, including other beholders. But I'll admit I haven't read a monster manual recently.
>>
>>54380920
Paranoid schizophrenic with some hefty sides of narcissistic personality disorder and OCD
>>
File: 151618[1].jpg (51KB, 225x322px) Image search: [Google]
151618[1].jpg
51KB, 225x322px
>>54380920
>>54380818

The more I learned about them, the more I began to think that Beholders had almost a disturbing amount of qualities in common with many "over-thinking" stylized self-insert anime/manga characters and that the only thing preventing more people from relating to them was their appearance.
>>
>>54381018
It's not a bad quality when it's meant to be a monster.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.