[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Happy GM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 1498954363696.jpg (425KB, 900x1134px) Image search: [Google]
1498954363696.jpg
425KB, 900x1134px
When was it good anon? When did your players impress you? When did your players surprise you? Have your players ever changed your story to the point it made head spin in a good way? Tell your stories about your best TTRPG GM times.
Keep your player hating ways in the appropriate threads please.
>>
File: 1463863306897.jpg (16KB, 443x331px) Image search: [Google]
1463863306897.jpg
16KB, 443x331px
I feel little but spite and malice towards my players
>>
>>54373381
I got a few great stories, but generally my players are good players and fun people. I look forward to playing with them each week
>>
File: ha laugh alex valle.png (203KB, 281x326px) Image search: [Google]
ha laugh alex valle.png
203KB, 281x326px
>>54373381
Players annoy me more than not. And you can tell most of the people on here are the retarded players that are annoying as well.
>>
File: soaring_hammer.jpg (84KB, 873x572px) Image search: [Google]
soaring_hammer.jpg
84KB, 873x572px
>>54373381
>Create custom magic item "Soaring Hammer"
>Highland-Games style throwing hammer, but as soon as its thrown it tethers itself to the user while maintaining its velocity, essentially allowing them to throw themselves
>Was meant to be a utility item for crossing long distances, nothing more
>First combat encounter since obtaining it, our fighter asks to throw himself at a giant spider
>Quickly stat the hammer in a panic
>Torpedoes into the spider for 8 damage, thoroughly obliterating it
>Have only had a few sessions since then, but the first round of each combat encounter starts with him launching himself across the room, usually into an enemy
>Once completely foiled an ambush I had set up by crashing through a wooden wall, creating a shortcut for everyone to flank through

I don't think he's even touched his sword since then.
>>
>>54375272
>>Create custom magic item "Soaring Hammer"
>>Highland-Games style throwing hammer, but as soon as its thrown it tethers itself to the user while maintaining its velocity, essentially allowing them to throw themselves
>>Was meant to be a utility item for crossing long distances, nothing more

Then why is it a fucking hammer?
>>
>>54375318
Because wizards
>>
>>54373381
My players have always been great. Even when they're doing horribly.
>>
>>54375318
That's what they're called, and just referring to it as a ball and chain doesn't have the same ring to it.
>>
Shadowrun 5e.
>Party is sent out by a contact to look for a NPC party
>NPC party was supposed to feed contact some information gained during another run
>Find last known location
>See obvious ambush-site
>After some looking around they find a clue
>The pizza-delivery-truck the NPC-Party had been using was covering up a manhole
>also, in a nearby building, find a discarded commlink w/ some bloodstains and after hacking it, some escape-routes
>one of them through the sewer-system
>my plan: Party should follow through sewers to look for tracks of the NPCs
>should stumble uppon/skillfully avoid ghouls, some police guys doing investigation down there and find the broken deck of the NPCs hacker.
>should at the end navigate to another manhole then is in the escape routes cause NPCs welded that one shut.
>"Nah, fuck the sewers, I don't wanna go through there, there's probably ghouls down there! We're driving to the endpoint"
>...why the fuck didn't I think of the easy solution?
>Me:"Uhhh...you do know you gotta pass through several district borders within Berlin"
>"According to the route you gave us, we could drive through these 3 anarcho-districts...there shouldn't be any Bordercheckpoints there"
>....
>And thus they avoided about an evening worth of encounters planned out.

Sure love it when they show me how retarded I am.
>>
>One shot in Through the Breach: Into the Bayou
>Players are getting ready for a "right propa Hoedown, y'all"
>Need to get "gud eatin pigges" and "gud swigging Moonshine".
>they help the pig farmers by rounding up a bunch of escaped pigs.
>they sneak up onto the moonshiners, planning on stealing a whiskey Gamin. Think a barrel with a single wheel...
>It dowses them in Moonshine, getting them drunk. Then a Whiskey Golem walks up....
>it promptly gets covered in HIGHLY FLAMMABLE MOONSHINE
>THEY'RE NEXT IDEA IS TO SET THE GOLEM ON FIRE! ONE OF THEM IS "NATURALLY FLAMMABLE DUE TO A "PERK""
>Golem explodes, and the party sees me pick up my deck to start flipping a shitton of damage.
>First Gremlin turns to the second
>"Well Punchy Pete. This is it. Ah just hope your piggies survive."
>"Well Flamey Pete. I was plannin on landing on them. So probly not"
>The RP was so matter of fact, so accepting of their own mortality, I allowed them to try.
>BOTH MOTHERFUCKERS FLIP RED JOKER AND LAND ONTOP OF THE PIGLETS! THE PIGS FLIP TO RESIST DAMAGE AND SURVIVE ON 1 HEALTH LEFT!
>I was so shocked, i didn't let the gators attack them till they had a chance to heal up.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.