[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some concepts you've always wanted to try? Personally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 11

What are some concepts you've always wanted to try?

Personally i've always wanted to try a sort lady Hercules, or a character that flexes their problems into submission. Ripping chunks out of the environment to beat opponents into submission with.
>>
Yeah, that sounds fun.
Played an oni woman in shadowrun who was so buff she could punch people so hard they exploded.
It was great.
Always wanted to play a full-body Cyborg
>>
>>54367311

Shame that playing Hercules at all in an RPG is impossible. There's too much focus on balance and such now a days.

The point of such a character is to be legendarily physically strong. And it's hampered every step of the way by the realities of how RPGs work.

1) Character creation makes it impossible to be legendarily strong in nearly every system except Exalted, where Strength stat is not only a low impact stat (affects only a few skills and only damage mechanically), but it is less important than charms in nearly every situation.
2) Impossible to guarantee you won't have another strength based character in the group, rendering your concept flat by being just as strong as you are.
3) In most games, a physically strong enemy is usually significantly stronger than it is even possible to be, meaning you'll go from roleplaying a super strong guy to jobbing for the the first ogre.
>>
>>54367520
>1) Character creation makes it impossible to be legendarily strong in nearly every system except Exalted, where Strength stat is not only a low impact stat (affects only a few skills and only damage mechanically), but it is less important than charms in nearly every situation.
M&M. I have a character that can caually heft 800ktons.

>2) Impossible to guarantee you won't have another strength based character in the group, rendering your concept flat by being just as strong as you are.
Talk to the rest of the group, fuckface. If you don't, you deserve to get overshadowed.

>3) In most games, a physically strong enemy is usually significantly stronger than it is even possible to be, meaning you'll go from roleplaying a super strong guy to jobbing for the the first ogre.
Again, M&M. And I don't want to hear no bitch tears about "B-but it's a supers game!". It's an effects based toolbox meaning you can reskin it as whatever the hell you want. It doesn't do gritty that well, but if you're going for this tier of power, you're not looking for gritty.

Here, someone even did 'conversion' stuff for ya.
>http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?279503-D-amp-D-in-M-amp-M-a-new-approach-to-rebalancing-3-5-PF
>>
>>54367520
>There's too much focus on balance and such now a days.

If there WAS a focus on balance, we wouldn't get parties where the guy who can cast wish and the guy whose only impact on the world is stabbing dudes real good are considered equals.

Instead, the stabby dude would be diverting rivers.
>>
>>54367311
a wrestler

I just want to put bad guys in submission and suplex a bitch
>>
Back in oWoD, I remember having a blast with a five dot potence nosferatu. Ripping out an engine block from a random car and whacking a furry with it, golden.
>>
>>54367311
>>
>>54367311
I've always wanted to play a Troll decker. Mainly because there's a lot of potential in playing a literal internet Troll.
>>
>>54367641
"Now punch this river in half."
>>
File: 4_to_Stability.jpg (774KB, 1372x3016px) Image search: [Google]
4_to_Stability.jpg
774KB, 1372x3016px
>>54367311

A druid that worked as a shepherd. Other druids chide and scold her for selling out.
>>
File: gremlin2.png (256KB, 484x640px) Image search: [Google]
gremlin2.png
256KB, 484x640px
>>54367311
Chinese kobold fireworks ninja. Make clouds of smoke, shoot bitches with those dragon fireworks Gandalf had, drop flashbangs and shank bitches while they're distracted, or Shady Sands Shuffle bombs into people's pockets while removing all their valuables. No guns, just fireworks. Quote Big Trouble In Little China at every opportunity. Trust in the Dragons when you absolutely have to and rely on trickery, explosions, and fire otherwise.
>>
File: 1430515448955.png (554KB, 1280x1041px) Image search: [Google]
1430515448955.png
554KB, 1280x1041px
>>54367311
Midlevel zergling shenanigan in a medieval setting. Escaped experiment, biotic scientist, extraplanar weird thing, doesn't matter. I just wanna spit acid, scuttle on walls, and be distinctly inhuman. And create tiny fleshy minions that explode. And devour people whole. And make people quote horror movies.
>>
>>54367311
A Hard Gay Werewolf.

Dresses in the gay hat and immediately hits on the burliest lumberjacky guys he can find to poz negholes with his lycanthropic STDs.

I mean, I'm using him for the Intimidate rolls, because it's thing to be a Lycan but another to be a 100% Hard Gay werewolf out to fuck any true man he comes across with his knot, using the lycanthorpy as some super Greek level jockstrap lumberjack level of super gay.
>>
>>54367311
A brain in a jar. Alternatively a severed head in a jar. No idea where I could do that.
>>
>>54367311
Hercules was pretty crafty when he wanted to be (cleaning those stables by diverting a river and letting it wash the whole thing out)
>>
>>54367520
>>2) Impossible to guarantee you won't have another strength based character in the group, rendering your concept flat by being just as strong as you are.
>not competing in a battle of the muscleheads to lift the heaviest object, flex the hardest and punch the biggest monster
No wonder your exploits are not the stuff of legend
>>
>>54370490
I almost want to say a weird warforged or fantasy servo skull
>>
Bagpiper bard. And yes, I would play clips of bagpipe music during my turn.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4I59w3ISzA
>>
File: rsz_1msbl.png (164KB, 297x331px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_1msbl.png
164KB, 297x331px
I've always wanted to play as one half a Master Blaster type team, where one is a max stronk martial that's dumb as a brick and the other is a caster that's super dainty but has offensive magic out the ass. It'd be even cooler to see how that kind of symbiotic relationship would develop over a long campaign. Would we both try to become more self reliant, or would we double down and fuse into a single entity by the end?
>>
File: unknown.png (533KB, 1431x900px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
533KB, 1431x900px
>>54367311
Quad amputee that uses cybernetics to control a mech suit.
>>
>>54372693
Funny, I played that character recently. She had mechanical limb replacements, but when she piloted her mech it'd detach them so she could connect her control systems directly into the same socket connections the limbs used.
>>
File: 1475039898617.png (628KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1475039898617.png
628KB, 600x600px
>Playing Monster of the Week (yeah I know, PBTA sucks and not muh D&D, shut up the module is fun)
>Playing the literal Devil who looks like Tom Waits because why not
>Mostly just fuck around trying to buy people's souls off them
>Eventually the mysteries get more serious
>We wind up on the bad side of an ancient order of knights, think Cerberus from Mass Effect but contemporary
>Basically led by Gawain, Mordred and Guinevere
>Their goons have holy weapons that ignore my armor

By this time I was both impressed and concerned, we'd fought a guy who was a BIG GUY FOR U and actually nearly succeeded in killing me. Mr. Nick didn't cotton to that.

>Fuck this shit, time to play hardball
>I'm playing the Summoned, which has an ability purchase option called Mayhem
>I'd avoided Mayhem because it sounded like a That Guy power: you can pick up anything, ANYTHING, smaller than like a bus or a plane and just toss it at people
>Buy that shit!
>The next session the Cerberus knights send a chopper at us complete with big dakka
>We're ripping down the highway in an old van one of the players armored up
>TFW I start ripping chunks off the van and literally throwing them at the helicopter

Other things I tossed during that game included a fire hydrant, an entire castle square fountain, and high-speed projectile hubcaps. The rest of the time Nick just sat around smoking cigars and bitching about how God had kicked him out of Heaven.

And that's how you play "impossible strength" in an RPG. Good game.
>>
>>54367311
A cyberpunk manservant who's always polite, professional, and cultured. But he used to be in a hardcore street gang, and still has the light-up tattoos (Overwatch Los Muertos-style) that turn on whenever he's fighting or just loses control.

Kind of Discworld's Willikins meets Gully Foyle.
>>
File: los muertos.jpg (18KB, 354x332px) Image search: [Google]
los muertos.jpg
18KB, 354x332px
>>54373077
forgot relevant pic
>>
>>54367311
I've always wanted to do some sort of super strong drunken master that uses the environment to fuck around:
>Rogue detected people waiting us on the other side of the door? Let me just rip the door from its hinges and charge to the closest bastard.
>The rogue throws his dagger? Good idea, I'll frisbee that fucking door to the nearest fuckhead.
>The barb's done with his bandit? Let me throw that seething mass of hate to the next one like you throw your cat to your ex.
>Someone's got past us and is closing on the wizard? Let's see if he can stay on his when I hurl the table at him.
>The place's too dark? Then let me crash my tankard into the nearest fool's skull and set him ablaze.

Sadly, the only games I've ever played was with the sane GM, and he wasnt too keen on lateral thinking like that. It doesn't help either that all we have run was D&D.
>>
>>54367311

These women.... ALL these women
>>
>>54373088
CLANKED.com
>>
File: wp_knightexemplar_1024x768.jpg (615KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
wp_knightexemplar_1024x768.jpg
615KB, 1024x768px
A by-the-books Knight/Paladin who sets rights wrong and all that jazz.
But somehow I aways end up playing a Wizard or Sorcerer (I like casters, but playing only casters is getting annoying)
>>
>>54377623
Try making a paladin that sees magic like a clutch and that believes real men use their own hands to get shit done, not counting the blessing from the gods, because "they're earned through piety"
>>
>>54367520
We had a dude in 4e do exactly what OP was talking about. High strength arena fighter that took utility powers to make him stupid strong, then that one epic destiny that makes you basically large size. Multiclassed monk for higher unarmed damage and ki focus proficiency.

Basically he just picked shit up and beat people with it, along with grappling. He was pretty awesome.
>>
>>54367311
>I want to play [that] but as a fat girl
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.