[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about your themes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1494815348429.jpg (234KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1494815348429.jpg
234KB, 1200x675px
What are your scenarii about ? What are your characters about ? What do you like to explore, what seems to come back every time your write something ?

What does it say about yourself ? Give examples, expand. Why do you use these themes, why do you explore them ?

Let's try to get deeper fellow elegan/tg/entlemen
>>
>>54367005
>Reconstruction
Trying to live and find a new reason to live after a trauma, wether physical, psychological or even at a planetary scale with post-apo.

>Morality
Exploring the dilemmas of what characters and players call morality, what would they be happy to do for money, fame, sex or even for fun, what would they be ready to abandon if their life was on the line, how far are they willing to go to get what they want or to avoid having to pay. That's why people who play murderhobos don't stay long on my tables.

>War
In all its forms, wether it is the trenches in which I love setting my Cthulhu games or a political game in which my players are trapped until they find out who pulls their strings so they can take his place. Warriors and soldiers I create often have a distinct viewpoint on war and lots of ways to ewplain them, usually thourgh a wonderful array of guns.
>>
>>54367005
My latest scenario is about killing a very controversial figure, and wether or not servitude is better than the freedom when it includes committing warcrimes.

It's also about characters clinging onto faith even though it made them lose everything they were. About destiny being a thing, with choices you will have to make at some point, and how death is not necessarily to be feared when you accomplish something.

The faith thing reflects my own indecisive nature, and the destiny bit shows how I would like to see a meaning in life (and since we're talking about heroes, in death).

My players have been reacting in an awesome way. One of them had a powerful divination item (tarots cards), and arrived during the campaign in front of the demi-god king who wanted him to enter his service. The king took the tarots, demonstrated that he would conquer the continent, then gave it back to the PC. He burned it, and said he would choose his own future. That wasn't what I had planned but it was awesome nonetheless.
>>
>>54367197
That sounds freaking awesome indeed.
How do you make them still believe that can succeed even after defeating their expectations ?
>>
>>54367005
All my scenarios seem to come back to the idea of of individuals trying their best to weather the conflicts of those much more powerful. There are usually large and important factions who are competing against each other and the PCs have no connection to any of them, they are then either caught in the crossfire (i.e. one of the battles in a larger ar taking place in the PCs' home) or making the best of the situation at hand (usually criminals or mercenaries taking advantage of the chaos). I feel like the reason I tend to do this is because I like stories about survivors, people who didn't neccesarilly achieve great things but who managed to keep going when everything went to hell. My NPCs as a result either fall into one of two camps, they're either oppertunists who take advantage of situations as they see it but lack much in the way of a stable power structure (meaning that as enemies or allies they tend to be unreliable and easily toppled) or people linked to the powerful factions in which case they tend to be proud but not that much individually stronger than anyone else (if they were the faction's best people they wouldn't be here), they just have more reasources and assumed authority behind them.
>>
I mostly try to emulate the tale of an industrious rogue because I find it awesome. I know I'll get people saying it's game breaking faggotry, I don't care. Being a venture capitalist with a devious plan is my power fantasy.
My favourite background is spawn of a big influent family that has a tradition of siring heaps of bastards and setting them off on a boat to fend for themselves in a far away merchant port until they either become big fishes and are recognised by their parents or just stagnate in mediocrity. It's pretty open ended, I made it work with rogues, casters and fighters.
Another one I used twice was small noble takes a mortgage on his family vineyard domain to do some highly profitable commerce with dwarf strongholds and propel his sister and himself back to rich nobility but due to a streak of bad luck all the strongholds he visits are sealed off due to dwarves digging too deep and he is eventually obligated to sell his cargo at a deficit just to sustain himself.
>>
>>54367005
>scenarii
You mean scenario you dirty Romeaboo
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.