[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/bg/ - Beholder General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1500290587997.jpg (71KB, 680x559px) Image search: [Google]
1500290587997.jpg
71KB, 680x559px
If Beholders are anti-social, how do they make Beholder Babies?
>>
>>54365960
It involves lots of screaming and rape. You see, when a beholder and a beholder hate each other very much, they both desire to prove dominance over the other, and mutually attempt to rape each other.

After that it's mostly just wondering how the kid beholders survive.
>>
Babies grow out of them like cancerous tumors and when the beholder is completely debilitated, the tumor breaks off and runs away while the parent is still recovering.
>>
>>54365960
I know in 5e they have dreams of other beholders and bame they're born, but personally I don't like that. In our game, beholders produce other beholders by sporing. Around 99% of the spores will die, but the beholder releases enough spores that one of those spores will become an adult beholder in 20 years.
>>
File: Ribbon_explains.jpg (70KB, 265x275px) Image search: [Google]
Ribbon_explains.jpg
70KB, 265x275px
Asexually, kinda like potatoes.

Each of their eyestalks can potentially be sliced off, where it will wriggle away and eventually end up as the central eye of a new beholder. Since this takes years, and it takes a long time for a beholder to regenerate an eyestalk, it is done only rarely by the beholder itself.
>>
>>54365960
This >>54366015
Grab yourself a copy of Lords of Madness, there's a full section dedicated to how Beholder reproduction works.
>>
>>54365960
The original involved eggs and hives, and his defunct.

The best is lords of madness where they grow under the parent's tongue until they explode out after biting it off.

4e-5e is stupid as all hell, having them imagine up beholders like it's rayman with this stupid tyranny adherence thing.
>>
File: beholder-anatomy.jpg (124KB, 665x466px) Image search: [Google]
beholder-anatomy.jpg
124KB, 665x466px
>Reproductive System
Beholders are gender neutral, and they become fertile only once in their lives. During this period (which happens within the first forty years of a beholder’s life), the creature grows increasingly more erratic and paranoid in behavior. A strange ovoid organ (6) below the back of the creature’s tongue grows large and swollen; this is the creature’s womb. A typical beholder gestates up to twelve young in its womb over a period of nearly six months, during which time it grows more and more active and cantankerous. A pregnant beholder eats nearly four times its normal amount of food for the first four months of its term, storing up food reserves in its stomach, intestines, and even its lung. During the final two months, the creature’s womb has swollen so large that its mouth becomes incapable of swallowing more food, and its tongue protrudes grossly from its maw. A beholder is at its most paranoid during this time and remains hidden in its lair until it gives birth.

The birthing of new beholders is a sight that few have witnessed, and by all accounts, it’s something that even fewer would want to witness. When a brood comes to term, a beholder’s jaw unhinges, and it regurgitates its womb out through the mouth. The creature bites the womb off, and it floats gently in the air. The young beholders are forced to chew their way out of the gory mass to freedom; they are capable of flight immediately, but their eye powers develop later in life. Although a beholder gives birth to up to a dozen young at once, only a handful survive. The parent observes its young and decides which look most like itself. The others are eaten by the ravenous parent, along with the discarded womb, and the surviving young are forced from the parent’s lair within the hour to fend for themselves

Lords of Madness, pg 40.
>>
>>54365960
Stupid question.
Here is a better one:
If one eye of a beholder doesn't see that well, how does it wear glasses?
>>
>>54366448
I hate this.

I want cute female beholders.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.