[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Infinity General: Abraham Lincoln Recreation Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 337
Thread images: 37

File: abe.jpg (143KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
abe.jpg
143KB, 1080x1920px
Infinity is a 28mm scale futuristic skirmish game by Corvus Belli where heroes of the past come to life. Sort of.

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
http://www.infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>Catalog of fluff, dossiers, and unit models
https://human-sphere.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Rules wiki (now updated with HSN3 content):
http://www.infinitythewiki.com/en/Main_Page

>Rules Wiki Offline Backup:
https://mega.nz/#!Dxs3VbKQ!_tRgLeIszkdMBvnpCFE4xHELtngLRL26cexppwmAIws

>Official Army Builder:
https://army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
http://inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
http://www.captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>Batreps:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLO-Uv_G4cY91ZfMy3rWOKDQL1cl7YyYzf
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf5JWn6xciCkYcBaTLGs6_FmFiZtCk2zm

>Terrain:
http://pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ
http://pastebin.com/PJaETXMV

>Faction Rundown:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
https://www.mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
https://mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8

>The RPG Kickstarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>WIP Tactica
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Infinity_Tactics

>RPG Character Creation
http://infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

>RPG previews (+ a couple scans)
https://mega.nz/#F!8pRURayK!Kj16fd7nQhEcaId8hKD4oA

Previous
>>54331552
>>
Anyone think Gen con is gonna drop the new sectorials along with a new book?
>>
>>54365773
>acheron falls 2016
>instead we get some overwatch boardgame shit and badly made/painted comic characters.
>Also exclusive fat men.
I don't even care anymore.
>>
I went to a tournament yesterday and everyone was real nice and friendly. This game's got a much nicer competitive atmosphere than some games I've played.
>>
>>54365806

>not lol Wotan Falls instead

Even GW didn't fuck up their online campaigns that badly.
>>
>>54366700
How so?
>>
New Beast of War vid is up showcasing the new minis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFjoGl65dNA
>>
Anyone know if Outrage box has rules yet?
>>
>>54367352
>all that manhandling of studio paintjobs
>>
>>54367352
Gencon LE Intel is kinda cool.
>>
>>54367352
>>54367655
God I hate people who do this. It's almost like a kid with autism strength handling a baby puppy. 9/10 something bad is gonna happen.
>>
>>54367947
>lol, I always drop these
>*smother some detail with dirty hands with broken fingernails*
RAGE
>>
Hmm, that bundle looks decent to counteract the retarded shipping costs from Spain.
>>
File: kamau.png (6MB, 4800x2176px) Image search: [Google]
kamau.png
6MB, 4800x2176px
>>54367352
Can't wait for the Varuna sectorial (and starter, I presume). A link of these bastards will be great.
>>
File: neoterra bolt.png (5MB, 4706x2124px) Image search: [Google]
neoterra bolt.png
5MB, 4706x2124px
>>54367352
Oh, hey, it's yet another Bolt I will never play, yet assemble and paint first thing.
>>
>>54369815
what a strange pose
>>
File: swiss guard.png (6MB, 4390x2147px) Image search: [Google]
swiss guard.png
6MB, 4390x2147px
>>54367352
Dunno how to feel about this. We have a perfectly fine HMG swiss already and this new sculpt has a enormous sword despite being garbage in melee.
Would have preferred a knight (Hospitaller are long overdue and Montesa really need that lrl/lgl for a Duo). Still, it's a nice sculpt.
>>
>>54369913
Nah man, Swiss Guard minis looked ass.
>>
>>54369815
>the braids are not a separate piece
FINALLY
>>
>>54369922
What, the old ones? The ML one is solid and the HMG is great, I'd say, but each to his own.
>>
File: ORC Cheese04.png (343KB, 500x1291px) Image search: [Google]
ORC Cheese04.png
343KB, 500x1291px
>>54369913
>We have a perfectly fine HMG swiss already
Personally I never got HMG Swiss simply because I don't like it.
Looks too much like an ORC, has a big old gun and is posed on one foot while being top-heavy due to afore mentioned giant gun.
The giant glowing claymore is retarded, but at least now Swiss has a distinct chest piece. He is clearly not an ORC.
I wonder if this comic has influenced Bostria any
>>
File: bounty hunter.png (5MB, 1936x2568px) Image search: [Google]
bounty hunter.png
5MB, 1936x2568px
Yet another ABH for the pile, I guess. Hope these guys get their own sectorial at some point, since I've got, like, six already.
>>
>>54367352
>We are choosing which troops to release based on tournament loadout data.
Huh, that's not a horrible idea.
>>
>>54370090
At least double pistol is basically the sniper loadout.
>>
File: daofei.png (7MB, 5092x1832px) Image search: [Google]
daofei.png
7MB, 5092x1832px
>>54367352
Never used a Daofei, but that cloak makes me moist.
>>
File: zhanying.png (7MB, 4542x2026px) Image search: [Google]
zhanying.png
7MB, 4542x2026px
>>54367352
The hacker looks kinda better, I think. The hacking visor works as a sensor and this model has a very boring pose.
>>
>>54370377

Is it just me or does that things helmet have a pug face?
>>
>>54370294
Daofei I've been wanting to use, but old model disgusted me.

BS 13 Spitfire/HMG/multi rifle with Armor 4, Camo, and Infiltration. Super order efficient and a great choice for a rambo piece.

Makes good use of CoC and Executive Order if you take him as a LT.
>>
>>54370461
Holy fuck it does.
>>
>>54370377
It really does. Since at most I'll need two Zhanying to haris it up with a Crane, I don't really see the purpose of this guy. Then again, more options are always nice to have
>>
>>54369779
What a beautiful miniature, finally a very nice pose
>>54369815
What's wrong with Bolts? (I'm not a player yet)
>>
>>54370650
>What's wrong with Bolts?
Ooooh crikey...
>>
>>54370650
What have you DONE?
>>
>>54370674
>>54370695
;_; they look so cool please don't tell me they suck
>>
>>54369815
Cute!

>>54369913
>We have a perfectly fine HMG swiss already
No, we don't. It's garbage.

>>54370650
Bolts are argued over and over again. They're twice the cost of Fusiliers because of situational skills like Veteran L1 and Bioimmunity, but those skills are useful when the situation calls for it. Outside of NCA, they're absolutely useless
>>
>>54370591
You might not want to splurge on ML and hacker gives extra protection to HI.
>>54370650
Bolts are somewhat underwhelming thanks to their a bit situational skill set and paramedic Bolt is probably the last profile you want in vanilla PanO.
>>
>>54370725
>>54370732
Oh I see, they're a bit expensive for line troops aren't they? Thank you
>>
>>54367352
Where's the Chibi Joan I saw on CB's computers by accident literally two years ago?
>>
>>54370748
It's not even the price, but the movement speed that breaks the deal on vanilla. One of the most important jobs for paramedics is to run the mission and they need those precious extra orders to get there. Only benefit they have to fusilier in that regard is that they can tank mines pretty well.
>>
>>54369815
Isn't that supposed to be a medical gun?
>>
File: trauma docs.png (444KB, 541x547px) Image search: [Google]
trauma docs.png
444KB, 541x547px
>>54370827
Nah, PanO medical tools are just cleverly disguised .45s
>>
>>54370818
That's not really an issue in a fireteam. Outside of the team: worhtless, really
>>
Goddamn it, was hoping I could dodge the new sets, but the Pan-O stuff looks so good!
>>
>>54370704
They suck.
More seriously, they are widely loved for their fantastic look and their sub-par rules.
The thing is, their skills are only relevant in *very* specific circumstances, usually when shit has already hit the fan. Veteran allows them to ignore the loss of their lieutnant while Bioimmunity shuts down a very specific set of weapons. In cases where either or both cases apply Bolts are pretty good. If neither is the case, i.e. most of the time, Bolts pay a lot of points for worthless skills and slightly better shooting.
tl;dr: Bolts suck a lot, unless the stars allign.
>>
>>54370704
Yes, they look cool.
Yes, they suck a lot.
Embrace that feeling. It is central to playing PanO.
>>
>>54370941
Inside a fireteam: Still pretty worthless.
>>
>>54371514
While it does suck that they're situational, aren't most things in the game? The players in my local meta always tailor their lists depending on who they're fighting. For example, My MO buddy always takes Konstantinos or a black friar whenever he's going up against a faction or sectorial with hella camo such as Ariadna and Onyx contact force respectively. Likewise, you can stock up on bolts when you play against Tohaa or Haqqislam since bioimmunity will affect those two armies the most.
>>
>>54371560
I don't see a Celestial link with a Hsien and Zhuang as being ever situational. Nor is a Nisse. Or a Tiger Soldier.
>>
>>54371560
>While it does suck that they're situational, aren't most things in the game?
No, there's a lot of stuff that can be taken almost all the time. Forward Observer Remotes, cheap cheerleaders, Swiss Guard etc.
The main problem with Bolts is that they're costly and PanO does not get stuff under 10pts outside of Remotes and they're slow.
They're often compared to Wildcats who have a plethora of useful abilities and are cheaper and they still get flak for their slow movement.

Bolts excel if you're going against Haqqislam or Tohaa and you're willing to pump Orders into them. But PanO's best stuff are the elites and the fancy gear guys and they don't fit in with Bolts in the same list.
>>
>>54371560
>aren't most things in the game?
There is never a situation where a Kuang Shi or a Ghazi Muttawi'ah is not useful in some capacitiy. A Dragao or a Yan Huo is not situational, they are game-defining.
Bolts are just slightly fancier and slower Fusiliers for over twice the price unless your opponent plays to your strengths.
>>
>>54371539
>Embrace that feeling. It is central to playing PanO.
So say we all.
>>
>>54370704
There are a lot of mini options that aren't omfgwtfbbq amazing that you can still put on the table because they provide an order or work as a proxy.

Ultimately what is useful is heavily meta dependent. Some people will avoid anything hackable because they're in a nomad heavy playerbase, some people will spam MSV because opponents love smoke, and if you go against opponents that try to go for putting you in to a Loss of Lieutenant/'Retreat!' state or use a lot of viral or shock weapons then veteran or bioimmunity can be worth more than a lot of more popular abilities.
>>
>>54371658
CG link with Crane, not Hsien. The amount of salt that arise if an MSV 2 BS14 HI could get the 5 man bonus with a line trooper link would be legendary.

The Hsien gets to Haris with the zhanying.
>>
>>54372372
Damn good haris too. Guaranteed Sensor and choice of missile, Hacker, or madtrap support.

SSL2 is inbuilt so smoke is a non-issue.
>>
>>54372372
Sorry, you are, of course, right.
The Crane/Celestial Guard link is still pretty great for door kicking and being a general toolbox.
>>
>>54372124
Sure there is. When the troops they're supporting are dead. Then they become crappy suicidal troops.

And Yan Huo/Dragao aren't game defining, they're expensive stat sticks.

Medium infantry are in a weird spot, they don't get the cheapness advantage of LI, and they don't get the opportunity to be overpowering like HI/TAGs. There are a few standout MI profiles that use defensive mod stacking and/or MSV like Bagh Mahri or Intruders, but most aren't like that(and defensive mod stacking can be situational against opponents that tech against it). So a lot of MI are in a spot where they have seemingly situational durability related rules(and it's typically the cheap BS 13 platforms, MI with better rules are usually either lower BS or cost substantially more).
>>
>>54372905
I think baseline generic MI are a bit of a holdover from N2. I remember people praising Wildcats here back in the day. Then HI got fast.
IIRC CB said that MI now would be niche units with a defensive or an unusual role, like the Black Friar or Prowlers. Not sure how much of it is in practice, as LI tends to step on everyone's toes.
>>
>>54372424
>>54372595
Actually, is it viable to take both? HMG Hsien / Sensor Zhanying / ML Zhanying for rooftop control and fire support and Crane / Zhang / Smoke CG / Hacker CG / whatever to fool around the objective?
>>
>>54370461
CANNOT UNSEE +_+
>>
>>54373032
Nowadays, i generally pick IM because of Visors and/or Mimetism, Djanbazan, KTS, Agema, and Bagh Mari i pick them only because of those.
>>
>>54373183
Maybe in Limited Insertion.

If you run a Hsien Haris then a Kuang Shi core may be your go to.
>>
>>54373032
Yeah, I think another thing is that players just don't have the opportunity to game enough to really make enough use out of the non straightforward options. With the time and effort available KISS principles are stronger in practice with only minimal use of non linear vectors.
>>
What's the popular opinion about the new scenarios brought by Wotan?

Powerpack is otherwise pretty vanilla, but the deployment is wacky.
>>
>>54373865
KISS tend to make lists boring.
>>
So I decided to take the plunge and get into the game. Got about 200 points for aleph built and ready to prime.

Besides going to my FLGS on a thursday night, any tips or things to watch out for? How do I keep track of my weapons and abilities?

IF you're interested, I went vanilla aleph starter, the Aleph support pack, plus Nesaie Aike. I'd like to get a marut, but I'm open to suggestions on where to go next if I'm just starting out, so please no sectorial extra rules quite yet.
>>
>>54375056
Infinity Army Mobile app is good. It has all the weapon range bands for weapons in your list
>>
>>54375056
Well, there's plenty of pretty decent units in ALEPH to choose from. Sadly Nesaie Alke is rather underwhelming, even in her sectorial, where he's outmatched by Thrasymedes.

In vanilla, units such as Post Humans are pretty cost effective. Getting more Devas is also a good option. Myrmidons have smoke, which really help in some cases and let you play with visors. And the basic remotes give you tools. Pretty tough to assemble, though.

Personally I prefer Steel Phalanx, as I see it more cohesive.

I usually keep the Army open when playing, let me check weapons and such relatively quickly. Wiki is a great tool too. especially if you don't have physical rulebook. By playing you usually memorize the important stuff sooner or later, so the checking gets rarer and rarer, I mostly check stats during game.
>>
>>54366700
The fuck up was CB trusting BoW.
>>
>>54371514

HIGH TIER STRAT:

Make list with a lot of sweet Veterans.

Maybe even a guy w/ Chain of Command.

Spend your Lieutenant Order all the damn time to make aggressive plays.

Holy shit is this how Morats work?
>>
>>54370461
fug :DDDDD
>>
>>54375899
To my understanding yes. Morats wanna make the biggest baddest guy the LT, shove him down the enemies throats, and replace him with the next baddest guy next turn when he inevitably dies. And so on until no more enemies or no more morats.

The issue is how much they pay for the privilege of this play style.
>>
>>54372323

This.

People are shitting on Bolts, but holy fuck are they troll against BTS targetting weapons and Shock Ammo.

Most Snipe Rifles use Shock Ammo. In cover a bolt is rolling 6+ in cover to ignore the shot. Hell most TAGs I've seen use MULTI HMG. Put her in Suppresive Fire against a TAG and that thing is having a horrible time trying to remove that Bolt along with the Bolt having chances to kill the TAG. Hell the Bolt could run up to a TAG w/ a Boarding Shotgun. From there just pump orders into it for the (pretty good) chance of your 19 point model to killing their 90 point model. Same plan w/ Missile Launcher.
>>
>>54376159

Seems pretty sweet, especially when you get into their Sectoral. You can have your entire in position to effectively use that Lieutenant order, so it's kind of like the army has a ghetto Strategos lvl 1 all the time.
>>
>>54376204
Make those Tohaa players pay for all those bts weapons!
>>
>>54376433

Exactly!

They are still a niche pick, but goddamn there are a lot of niches that they fill while being cheaper than other options.
>>
>>54376204
>>54376433
No. Bolt bioimmunity and BTS statistically still provide less protection vs shock or viral than simple mimetism does.

Bagh Mari are substantially tougher vs viral troops than bolts are, and are muuuuch better vs normal ones.

Bolts are just bad.
>>
>>54376736
Bolts are fine in NCA. Pretty much every half decent player agrees.

How many international tournaments have you won?
>>
>>54376346
It's pretty good in sectorial but not great outside of it since vanilla CA has EI aspect lieutenants and they just switch bodies when they die. Morats are in a weird spot where they only live up to their full potential when they start losing.

It's more like having heaps of chain of command. Strategos doesn't let you ignore loss of lieutenant, and veteran doesn't make irregulars regular.

>>54370725
People seem to focus on the skills as if they're all there is to a unit, but it's the weapons that make Bolts. If they just had Fusilier guns they'd be a level of fucking atrocious current Bolts can't even comprehend, but as it stands they function fairly well (albeit somewhat inefficiently) as aggressive midfield dudes that shit up the place with shotguns and mines. Bioimmunity and vet are just a nice bonus.

Not gonna say they're fantastic, because they're not. In fact I'd even say they're a bit bad after HSN3 handed out free drop bears to everyone, but people always point to the shit that doesn't actually define how the unit functions. Bioimmunity helps against shock and viral, veteran is a big middle finger to E/M and Ghazi as well as a big 'unfuck yourself' button for when your Lt dies. They're okay, but they don't have a big impact on a unit's role. It's the shotguns, E/M grenades, spitfire and drop bears that do that.
>>
>>54365081
What do Shas need to fix them?
>>
>>54377143
Newer models
>>
>>54377143
- link options - LI core, some kind of Haris
- overpriced combi+LS combo to GTFO
- improve Seed-Soldiers. Right now they are one of the most expensive basic LI and at the same time the worst. Some better weapon loadout, maybe some neat special profile too?
- recost. Striga lost Dogged but costs the same, Morpho-Scan lost Protheion and Dogged but costs the same, all Shasvastii lost an additional unconscious level and the current embryo doesn't work half the time because there's a fuckton more shock weapons.
- Seed-Embryo reworked. You can't hide eggs by going prone, you can't hide multiple units under 1 camo anymore, and under the current "orders are king" meta this skill hurts a lot and gives little in return.
>>
>>54377143
>fix seed embryo rules
>fix all units with seed embryo rules
>add more aggressive long range units, even a shooty camo sniper would be fine
>add MSV or at least more direct templates
>holoprojector would be nice too
>>
>>54376956
No they don't. How many have you won?
People also forget they're 4-2.

NCA is all about the cheap fusilier link with missile launchers and expensive toys.
>>
>>54377630
A lot more than you apparently.

You just move them to midfield or on an objective set them up and they don't need to go anywhere else. So the speed becomes a moot point.

But I can tell you're retarded and not worth the waste of oxygen.
>>
>>54370461
>>54370377
>>54370591

Why are the thigh armor plates colored differently?
>>
>>54377581
Oh, almost forgot
>more links

>>54377475
Apparently Seed Soldiers won't be cheerleaders anymore and some new thing will take up the role. I'm curious to see what will be done with them.

>>54377630
Seems like NCA is all about whining like babies desu
I guess it's appropriate for the army of pampered rich kids
>>
>>54376736

People always bring the counters to mimetism though because it's better versions are so prevalent(and a pain). MSVs, templates, armed sensors for triangulated fire, speculative fire, etc....or at least they should be if you're bringing a bunch of mimetism all the time.

Besides, mimetism is pointless against my EVO/Satlock/Guided lists so its value in my meta is worthless, right?(Also that list is bait specifically to encourage the meta to run more hackers for UTurn, which in turn provides targets for my hacker list, which in turn discourages hi/tag/rem)...which is why they call meta, meta.

If your rock isn't useful because everyone is paper then play scissors until there is sufficient mix of rock and scissors.
>>
>>54376956
I've won four international 64+ player tourneys. More than you. And just as verifiable. Next point please?
>>
>>54378417
Kill yourself for being retarded?
>>
>>54377911
Mimetism affects 90% of enemy units in the game. Forcing an enemy to use triangulated fire is already a win for you, as it's a bitch and requires a full order, meaning they aren't going to be moving into LoS to use it safely.

A gimmick list like a guided-focused thing is silly. It's already not effective. You'll just get run down by a single foxtrot rambo or Uxia or something, and is as dumb as most gimmick lists for general use.

As it is, mimetism is almost always useful (or at least a wash), while Bioimmunity+BTS6 already relies in you LOSING ROLLS. It makes the penalty for losing weaker. It's just bad play.

Remember, Bolt Link vs Fusilier link isn't just that. It's Bolt Link vs Fusilier link plus 50-60 points of other shit backing up the Fusiliers, in a sectorial full of superweapons and bulleteers and the like.
>>
>>54377897
>I guess it's appropriate for the army of pampered rich kids

and dont forget the expendable wageslaves (Fusiliers)
>>
>>54378451
I tried to with this viral pistol laying around. Missed because of the superior defensive capability of Mimetism.
>>
>>54378488
>In your mind that was clever.
>Probably grinning to yourself over your epic joke.
Wew laddy.
>>
>>54378622
Yet, you remain BTFO for not having an argument. Good night, sir.
>>
File: Cringe.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Cringe.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>54378417

This a dick measuring contest now?
>>
>>54378649
We already established you're retarded. Why bother arguing with a retard.
>>
>>54378417
Interplanetario winner 3 years in a row checking in
>>
File: 1447561286683.gif (1MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1447561286683.gif
1MB, 300x169px
>Neoterrans
I promise we're not all like this

PanO is a great land with great people
>>
>>54379366
Neoterrans are the only ones who know the truth with all this broken Ghazi and other nonsense all over the place.

Bolts are the patricians choice.
>>
>>54379366
then the VNID drops and everyone realizes just how much we have been pulling our punches
>>
>>54375866

How? I highly doubt BoW are the ones in control of the fluff going between the phases (given how anal CB have allegedly been with the RPG fluff), and by extension how the zones get revealed.

Given how it was supposed to be a player-based 'narrative' event, having virtually all the actual player stories (in the official forum no less) being completely ignored in favour of nonsensical BS really pissed off loads of players.

And needless to say, some factions got such crap treatment their participation rate nosedived.
>>
>>54378464
>A gimmick list like a guided-focused thing is silly. It's already not effective. You'll just get run down by a single foxtrot rambo or Uxia or something, and is as dumb as most gimmick lists for general use.

Uh, right. So ineffective that it totally didn't have to be toned down going in to N3...

It's still good. You're suggesting a camo unit can rambo through a list that is bound to be sniffer/sensor heavy(that's what satlock is about). In that case your mimetism is worthless because it gets wiped out by an Aquila Guard or Black Friar rambo. Hrhr, what a gimmick list.(As an aside though, if you are an Ariadna player you aren't likely to see 'gimmick' lists because ariadna is immune to gimmicks in exchange for overall abysmal stats)

This is a dice game, failures are inevitable. Just because you don't value something for a specific style of local play doesn't mean it's valueless within the context of the game. Just because orders are used on set up does not make it valueless - the whole point of the game is to make the enemy expend orders, if all they're expending is one to pop a sniffer or repeater in a spot behind a wall from enemy troops then that's less than having to scalpel out corner guards, mines, etc to safely move up a link team, and using guided or speculative weapons means the link team doesn't have a chance of dropping below 5 until the enemy turn.
>>
>>54380970
Yeah, campaigns are best when they can take place in a spot far away from official storylines. And GMd by people who aren't salaried for it.

(enter nostalgic rant)Best wargame campaigns I ever saw were the Animosity Campaigns run by Da Warpath O&G forum for WHFB and took place during events and places that were mostly just hinted at in official fluff. Dozens of nerds GMing for hundreds of nerds, with player battle report fluff being directly alluded to in results and shaping turn bonuses and game outcome. The Orcs had a 'great sea squig'(squig is normally a cave monster that's a living mushroom that's mostly mouth+sharp teeth) that was hunted by a player in fluff, who ended up killing the squig(and associated location bonus) after like 3 weeks of reports about squiq hunting...and then the orcs started a 'Save the Squiggles' fluff propaganda campaign that lasted two weeks. That was just the interaction between a faction and a single dude(moderated by GMs), and the campaign was loaded with stuff like that. Each faction had an in universe newsletter loaded with fluff like field reports, ads, advice columns, etc. Man, this was almost a decade ago =/
(/nostalgic rant)

Anyway, I don't ever expect something like that from an official campaign because the man hours are too intense and the setting too fragile. Also there was a lot less split interest back then because online gaming was only just hitting it big and a lot of people were still on dial up.
>>
WHITE BANNER FUCKING WHEN?
>>
>>54381317
soon(tm)
>>
Does the Charontid mini come with a medium or small base?
>>
>>54381317
Invincible Army is further along, White Banner is two books away. So basically an eternity.
>>
Wasn't that kickstarter RPG supposed to be out by now?
>>
>>54381604
It was supposed to be out forever ago.

Corvus Belli has been hard on them to get fluff correct and Mophidius has been more interested in making other games.
>>
Ok all, realtalk time

Does CJC have a defining niche anymore? I got into it because I thought brigadas look cool (and discovered they are meh at best) but everything CJC does, Vanilla and other nomad sectorials seem to do better.

HI: Taskmasters are better than Geckos. B4+Koalas. Need I say more? Riot Grrs are Brigada for 10pts less.

Hackers: CJC has some of the worst. Wip 13 on most makes them PanO tier. The only ones with any BTS are wildcats.

Link teams: Alguaciles are default trash. Wildcats were good in N2, but now are overshadowed by most things in the same bracket. Brigada are just too expensive to field a team. Massacre+Jaguars is the only reason to even consider CJC because they are batshit good.

TAGs: Geckos are inferior to Taskmasters, and once we know the stats of Krizias, I'd bet good money they'd be inferior to they new guys too. Iguana is pretty solid, but it isn't really a TAG.

Does CJC have any unique strengths to play to that aren't 'intruder+smoke'?

How should I be running these guys to not suck?
>>
>>54381655
>nomad sectorials
All one of them? kek
>>
>>54381390
He's supposed to be on a 40. Mine came with one. I think really old packs might have the small base.
>>
>>54381655
Pros of CJC:
Tomcats(Or Carlota)
McMF'ingMurrough
Maasai
And of course you already mentioned:
Senor Massacre+Jaguars
Intruder+Smoke

Valerya ain't bad for hacking and expel is fun. BTS isn't important with switch killing off enemy hackers first.

Anyway, sectorials in general are pretty limited. CJC is actually pretty nice in that it isn't a one trick.

Also Alguaciles could be worse - they could be moderators.
>>
>>54381041
Can you post your list? I'm a little skeptical a guided-focused list works. I feel like 2 SWC is a lot tied up in a B1 weapon you can only roll 5 times a turn.
>>
>>54381655
CJC heavy stuff is pretty meh.

Intruders, Massacre/McMurrogh, bandits, and tomcats are pretty baller.

Alguaciles are the key. Make a defensive link with 2 missiles and Lupe. Then look at all those orders and points you have for your Intruders + toys.
>>
>>54381655
Cheap specialists. Tomcats, Hellcats, Morans and Bandits are top tier for things that barely cost 20 points. That's why people can actually run Brigada teams when similar things like Suryats (and soon Orcs) are left ignored. Even if you spend 2/3 of your points on a giant stick to beat people with you can still get an extremely good force of specialists with the remainder.
The only MSV2 in the faction with potentially linked smoke is nice as well.

Iguanas are far closer to real TAGs than Geckos are. Also the best TAG in Nomads imo, 4 wounds and a good gun for that price ain't bad.

>>54381802
Valerya isn't great desu. She's an Alguacil with a mediocre special program and a pitcher. The real hacking superstars in CJC are Bandits (carbonite and redrum still fuck shit up at WIP12) and Hellcats, maybe linked Wildcats to a lesser extent.

>actually using ALIVE faggots
Gross.
>>
>>54381645
That sucks. From what I heard it sounded interesting to play, and it sounded that it could be out in this century as opposed to Mekton Limbo.
>>
>>54381864
I'm sure the list looks something like

KwBgjAPgzCIQsgUwE4GMAEAVZB7ANnhMMAKQCcALKVMAEwAcJAhBQOwmtim0W2lPAK5WmRI0Q7FgDYSFKOy6tJXWSBlgK9IUzCiKYECQ1kozObKhDFhnewohGxsCQACNWbXWDnLRqymGtKwg/BRCcqSKPmB2DkYUZD5UFl6s/O68XvauLkA=
>>
>>54381802
>>54382016
>>54382036

I never actually used McMurder, despite having USA available for proxies, but I think I am going to try him out soon.

The missile link sounds really good on paper, but I've always been disappointed in practice. I admit I'm fairly new, but last game I was up against Tohaa in Annihilation and between symbiomates and symbioarmor I couldn't knock out a single troop while my opponent ran a train on my ass. It was also my first time using the Bandits and Morans who did all of jack shit while his Gao Rael raped everything.

I have a LI game at 300 against the same player. Thinking Brigada 5 man (LT, Hacker, HMG, ML, Tinbot) Massacre haris, intruder MSR and spec op CoC
>>
>>54382213
>it sounded that it could be out in this century
I'd say it could be out by the end of AugustJuly, the core is in final error checking and the first of the faction supplements has gone out to CB for them to go over with a fine-tooth comb.
>>
>>54382036
He was complaining about hacking, Valerya is wip 14(matches highest Bakunin gets) and switch is wip 13 khd and gets the same bonuses the bandit does. day-soo.

I think bandit is a fine KH as a single hacker, but op was complaining about the hackers available and I was highlighting two options he might not have though about given their merc status.
>>
>>54382415

CJC is tricky starting out because positioning and proper ability use is a big deal.

Bandit should be laying mines or doing the spooky camo thing, masaai should earn his keep from where you first place him on the table(maybe even grabbing an objective as FO). As far as the missile link, idk when I run alguaciles they're just defending from the backline, I don't really expect a lot from them. Linked ML makes it a pain for the opponent to shoot at, so the effect isn't really visible unless you know what's going on in his head.
>>
>>54376736

Bagh Mari can't bring Heavy Weapons like what Bolts can bring.

Also you got math for that Mimetism stuff?
>>
>>54382415
Missile link is something to make your opponent waste orders on. Never expect to have it last past the first turn. If you get lucky you'll be at a big advantage because your opponent lost 1-2 of their main attack pieces.

Tohaa are the most durable army in the game and take a lot of practice to fight against.
>>
>>54370591
not everyone fell for the sjw feminist propaganda you know. Real man play with male models in their armies, as it should be done.
>>
>>54382682
>Also you got math for that Mimetism stuff?
The maths I've done contradicts it. Bolts are tougher against viral than Bagh Mari. Maybe they were thinking of shock, against which the BM is tougher.

>Bagh Mari can't bring Heavy Weapons like what Bolts can bring
Eh, they both have their problems in the weapons department. BM are long range dudes with a 4 point light shotgun tacked on to almost every profile, while Bolts are midfield dudes that also have a missile launcher with positive range bands starting at 24".
>>
>>54378417
>>54378933
I'm Bostria, shut the fuck up you little shits or I'm turning this game back
>>
File: laughing james.jpg (26KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
laughing james.jpg
26KB, 500x333px
>>54383040
>being this much of a /pol/ sperg
>>
>>54383491
Bostria, no!
>>
>>54383040
That's gay.

t. actual faggot
>>
File: 1499773312215.jpg (153KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1499773312215.jpg
153KB, 1000x1000px
>>54383491
>>tfw Bostria loves bolts
>>
>>54383491
No, I'm Bostria! Also I'm the winner of the last 50 biggest tournaments ever!
>>
>>54383040
Take it elsewhere, fag.
>>
>>54383040
Are... are you scared of tiny pewter women, anon? Shit son, you just made me feel better about myself because now i can add 'at least I'm not this guy' to my list of good things I do every day.
>>
File: 1498317632030.jpg (7KB, 88x88px) Image search: [Google]
1498317632030.jpg
7KB, 88x88px
>>54383040
>>
File: kriza borac.jpg (538KB, 1680x664px) Image search: [Google]
kriza borac.jpg
538KB, 1680x664px
Vid about design.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyYXXRpbfbM
>>
>>54385933
Echo-bravo? Interesting
>>
>>54385933
It's nice to see people actually talking about design before sculpting a miniature
>>
Is it known how much of Aleph's forces are actual people and not robots or fake people (like the Steel Phalanx)?

It's important because I'm trying to decide which faction to pick and I have a huge hard-on for augmented people. (like AdMech or Convergence in Warmachine)
>>
>>54388537
Haqqislam is full of bioengineered people who can regenerate, see super well, or jump 4 stories into the sky.

Aleph the Steel Phalanx is all AIs. Proxys are humans. Mix of both for other models from what understand. All the bodies are mechanical tho.
>>
>>54388537
As >>54389213 stated, most of ALEPH's forces are technically robots, though aspects have human rights. Recreations are "simulated persons". How that differs from aspects is a little unclear. Then you have post humans, which, as name implies, were flesh and blood at some point, but now are pretty much data jumping between host bodies.

Technically pretty much all reincarnated people have some kind of artificial body (though I can imagine some might pay for a biological clone of their own body and can pay for it). So most notable people were augmented at some point.
>>
>>54388537
No ALEPH forces are organic regular humans.
>>
>>54389213
>Proxys are humans.
Post humans are pretty far from anything we would recognize as humanity.
>>
>>54391066
>ateks in my Maya
Don't you have a slum to hovel?
>>
>>54391066
They aren't AIs tho. They used to be humans right?
>>
>>54383491
Bostria, this is your mother, I'm winning this pointless internet argument about our little dolly game or you're grounded for 100 years!
>>
File: Lust.png (68KB, 271x288px) Image search: [Google]
Lust.png
68KB, 271x288px
>>54385933

>The design for the Crazy Barak is gonna carry over design wise for the Szallie

Well my nomadic dick is hard.
>>
I'm pretty pissed off today. I literally got critted to death by opponent today.

Critted my Marut 4 times !
Critted my Proxies, 1 and 4
Critted Acmon
Critted against my naga
Critted against my mine
Critted against my Mymordin.

Like maybe I should just stop playing. This is fucking stupid, that was one of the worst games of infinity i've ever played.
>>
>>54394355
Knowing you furry degenerates, it's probably knotted too
Oh wait that's Ariadna
>>
File: ragik.png (698KB, 601x536px) Image search: [Google]
ragik.png
698KB, 601x536px
>>54385933
can I just say that I really appreciate this miniature, even with the ridiculous base
>>
>>54394556
I haven't won a game since February. . .
>>
>>54394556
I played a game versus a buddy where my iguana TAG dropped half of his board with lucky crits. It was really shitty, neither one of us were happy, but what can you do? I like that crits auto win the firefights, but maybe allow saves, even if it's at ARM/BTS0 so that it's not insta death sentence? I mean, it's ncie to know some alguiciles could get lucky and get past a JOTUMS paintjob, but otherwise its a bit frustrating.
>>
>>54395122
I haven't since December.
I haven't played since December ._.
>>
>>54394723
You can. At least someone will like her.
(that someone will be me once I replace that shitty BS with a compact rifle)
>>
>>54395435
I really support this, having crits win the face to face roll is exciting and fun, but having crits be auto death for most models is not fun for either player, and having it be an armor roll at arm 0 still gives there guy with a combi rifle to hit the weak spot of a TAG
>>
>>54370461
Gee whiz
>>
>>54395778
>shitty BS
you don't deserve the ragikbooty
>>
>>54395819
That's exactly it. It's not fun. Once in a while, yeah, the crit-auto wound is neat, but generally it's frustrating... Like stacking an 18 or 20 BS sniper doubletap surprise shot with camo only to have the target crit on a 2, not only cancelling a nice set up but autogibbing your guy. Maybe make crits only have cover armor and other 'cover' type bonuses apply, but fuck man, it sucks catching random lucky combi rifle hits on high end models when they had such an advantage. Or to have a random model just wipe the floor with a few orders, but because of good planning, but because lolcrit, lolcrit, lolcrit.
>>
>>54378417
Is this nigga serious? Do you have legit autism?
>>
>>54395879
>taking the BS profile
>in a world where rifle+LS exists and can be a specialist too
>>
File: 1482846181212.png (27KB, 209x355px) Image search: [Google]
1482846181212.png
27KB, 209x355px
>>54396133
>taking rifles when you can instead take a bigass shotgun
>>
>>54396251
It only does 1 more damage Anon.
>>
Anyone else play the game with friends and kinda stay out of the local scene tournament and club wise? Met up with my local areas club and felt I didn't meld in so I just play with close friends... is... is that weird?
>>
>>54396251
>giving up suppressive fire
>giving up specialist profile
>giving up mid-range accuracy
>giving up 1 extra burst
Yeah, nah.
And if you wanna claim better-looking gun, it's a hard fight against a not-AK.
>>
>>54395916
Simulates real life, where a stray bullet can end even the best laid plan.

The models defense against crits is getting crits itself. Or shooting from out of LOS. Or speculative fire. Or..idk, there are a lot.
>>
>>54396532

It's the way most mini gaming actually goes. The most I was ever able to game was in college in dorm rooms and when I was back home against my friends and family. If I lived in my home state I'd drop store/club play to go against family and college buddies in a heartbeat.
>>
>>54397719
Yeah, like everyone I've known who has played D&D ends up getting mini games of some sort and only rarely thinks about store play unless they're interested in a tournament. The tragedy is that they're all different minis games, so typically it's just 2-3 people playing and not participating with the other small groups. Micro metas aren't that fun, it's too easy to end up hard, or at least soft, countered.
>>
>>54397658
Crits exist for a good reason: So that you must have a plan B. If you're getting shot by a B4 attack, you're going to lose anyway. If they crit or not, who cares.

But if you get crit by that piddly pistol ARO from 24 inches away that caps the Intruder? Hope you're a good enough player to be able to carry with a plan B.
>>
>>54396813
>giving up the biggest man-portable shotgun
if you don't have at least four boarding shotguns in your lists you might as well stop playing
>>
>>54397897
Heavy shotguns are bigger boarding shotguns. Why are you lying like this on the internet?
>>
>>54397897
Do you play on one of those America tables?
>>
>>54397658
A 5% chance for each and every bullet to end the best laid plan is a bit much. If they automatically won the FtF roll and forced their damage roll at ARM0 (or even half ARM or something) they'd be closer to a 3% chance.

>>54397845
When plan C gets crit and autokilled there just isn't much to do. I get the whole luck of the draw thing, but the execution is poor. It feels like bullshit nearly every time when you're on the receiving end since one lucky roll not only nullified all your planning but also potentially killed an important unit, and it isn't even that satisfying to get a crit because it doesn't feel earned. Not to mention they make ARM even more criminally overcosted than it already is.
>>
>>54398165
What's getting crit and auto killed? Unless you're firing at shock weapons, in which case that's a risk you're taking. HI and TAGs are a thing specifically for this.

I'd be open to experimenting with some changes like ARM0 but crits are there for a reason.
>>
>>54398222
im not questioning that, and I agree that it lends that feeling of like... bullets don't play fair all the time. And a game with multiple crits in rapid succession is reasonably unlikely. I'm not smart enough to suggest a better system, just that I'd like one.

Still beats the pants off of just about every other wargame/skirmish I play besides, like... battletech.
>>
>>54398145
heavy shotguns are only on TAGs so far, aren't they
>>
>>54398431
And a remote or two.
>>
>>54398453
S5 HI with heavy shotgun when, then.
>>
>>54398431
Devil Dog Team has one.
>>
>>54398431
Wulvers and Karakuri also have them. Not quite human portable, but not exactly TAG weapons either.
>>
>>54398222
Autokilled was just hyperbole. Auto-unconscious is still pretty bad when a doctor may take multiple orders to reach you and has a decent chance to fail.

I wouldn't remove crits from the game, I'm not suggesting that. The concept is okay, it's just the execution that irks me. It just seems a very unfun way to implement the idea.
>>
>>54398165
I mean, in theory you could get crit by every enemy shot. But it's equally likely you could have just rolled unusually poorly in every single roll as well.

It's the nature of things. You remember out of nowhere vital crits. You don't remember naturally rolling an armor failure at a bad time.
>>
>>54398531
Su Jian
>>
>>54398934
But even if it allows an unmodified armor save the trooper has a chance of going unconscious, which necessitates a doctor/bot.

It's just increasing the use case/value of docs/paramedics, right? >.>
>>
>>54399035
>You remember out of nowhere vital crits. You don't remember naturally rolling an armor failure at a bad time.
Exactly. Half of the reasons crits suck is the psychology. It's a case of "oh the Moderator got a crit, I guess my Nisse is fucked now and there's nothing I can do about it" rather than "oh the Moderator got a crit, I sure hope I make my armour save". Adding another roll would take away the feeling of helplessness.
>>
>>54397841
Yeah, and those minimeta people are also the people who come into the threads here and complain the YJ is broken because they can't win a red veil game, or Hidden Deployment is unfun. Shitting up the thread because they can't be bothered to go out and play against people who know how to play.
>>
>>54399457
But part of the reason you feel that helpless is because just moments previous you felt totally in control. So in control that it sounds like you left your doctor 3 orders behind and have no back up shooters. Which is bad in a dice game, seeing as you could have rolled low on hits and then missed your armor save....like that and crits both happen often enough that losing a single guy, regardless of advantage stacking, shouldn't feel bad.

Idk, I tend to lose more guys on my turn than on the opponents turn so I'm dead to it all now.
>>
>>54399663
The solution is to stop playing like your expensive models will always survive. Seriously.
Bring backups. Move your core up when you can. Recognize that suicide runs mean that a model will die. Lethality is NOT bad in a 'dice game' where you can choose what you bring to the table.

I get that losing stuff in your own turn can be tilting. Play to objectives and it will feel less bad when you win 8-2 with one model left.
>>
>>54399748
Always taken it as "If you're moving it out of cover for longer than a few inches, expect it to die"

But I play Haqqislam, kind of the modus operandi to sacrifice some cheap guys to clear a path for an objective.
>>
>>54400079
Nah. Don't move out of cover where they can shoot at you, unless you're baiting a a camo break or something.
You really can't keep your models from dying and you need to accept that if you're going to play infinity. All you can do is make your good ones harder to get to and make it cost them something.
>>
>>54399663
Crits don't tend to win/lose me games unless it comes down to the wire or a whole bunch of them go off at inopportune times. The big problem with crits is that they're memorable, and it's pretty much never a good memory. Maybe it's just me since I've had some very bad crit-filled games, but they manage to feel like bullshit even when they aren't. They're something that is always there to instantly invalidate any fancy positioning you did with a single die. I don't even get mad about them, they just suck the enthusiasm out of me.
>>
>>54400235
You're saying a lot of words and they're wrong.
Roll more dice. You should never spend more than an order or two not rolling dice at the enemy. That's why it never feels like you're critting, you fuck around with do-nothing wasted orders instead of shooting guns at guys.
>>
>>54400235
>not forcing -12 on enemies, so they can't hit or crit or the act of shooting would be statistically so foolish that only monkey would choose that instead of dodging
>>
>>54400341
Hey man not everyone has Intruders.
>>
>>54400368
>his club doesnt play lvz such as jungles that all visor troops can take advantage of
>>
>>54400399
>he doesn't over utilize sensors and triangulated fire
>all mods, including burst
>nimbus zone is my bitch
>>
>>54400302
Let me be more specific. On the active turn crits are pretty unremarkable and don't matter much. You roll 4 dice, one of them is a crit, pretty much indistinguishable from any other success. It's only reactive turn crits that matter much because there every success is more significant. You get to cut right through any fucking about the opponent may have done and autowound, potentially taking an important piece out of the fight. It's annoying and forces you to rework your tactics when it happens once (this is okay), but when it happens a bunch of times in a game it's just shit. Thankfully that's rare, but crits could still be done a whole lot better, perhaps in a way that is exciting rather than annoying.
>>
>>54400341
Got my shit handed to me with two crit 4s the other day. Low probability is not no possibility.
>>
Okay, take 2.

I need people to help convince me to not run Al Fasid in every one of my Haqqislam lists.
>>
>>54401107
The HMG Azra'il looks cooler.
>>
>>54383085

How are the BM tougher against shock?
>>
>>54401187
Mimetism.
>>
File: wtf_am_i_reading.jpg (70KB, 380x312px) Image search: [Google]
wtf_am_i_reading.jpg
70KB, 380x312px
>>54401127

Try again, kiddo.

Though yes, he looks very cool
>>
>>54401198

You got the math for this?
>>
File: the math.png (44KB, 1595x871px) Image search: [Google]
the math.png
44KB, 1595x871px
>>54401219
Yeh. I'd paste links but holy fuck the dice calculator makes a long url.
>>
The movement of an Impetuous Order will not force a troop to Jump/Climb, right?
>>
>>54401315

Why does the BM have no value for being hit by 1 wound?
>>
>>54400497
>>54394556

Similar tale of woe.

Had a decisive lead in a PanO vs CA game turn completely shit when they crit a Blitzen shot and auto-immobilized my Cutter.

Blew fucking three orders trying to get him out of IMM-2 with the shitty PanO Machinist and didn't. Killed by a fireteam spending three orders just emptying their K1 rifles into him.

Joan of Arc rolled up to their lieutenant and was crit by his ARO, then activated a second time, crit, she went prone. On their turn they closed on her, crit.

Lost 165 points in my army to crits. Lost the game.

Thinking about playing a different fucking army. Ones with repeaters with double flamethrowers instead of flash pulse, or 6 point chain rifle mooks, or hidden deployed ninjas with monofilament. Just fucking anything that's not just "I have one skill, I am the <one skill> unit."
>>
>>54401521

Doesn't PanO have versatile units?
>>
>>54401508
Shock autokills 1 wound troops that don't have bioimmunity or a similar skill.
>>
>>54401576

I'm just wondering how the numbers were input. Were the calculations to see if the sniper landed 2 wounds or 1+ wounds?
>>
>>54401521

You could also not put 1/2 of your army's points into 2 models.
>>
>>54401587
1+. BM still has better chances to walk away unscathed with the sniper at burst 1, and it still considers 1 hit to deal 2 wounds.
>>
>>54401593
Welcome to the TAG faction! Please do not take TAGs
>>
>>54401107
Is it a spider tank? No.

Does it infringe on spider tank points? Yes.

Can you pin the sweet Al-Fasid model to the top of the spider tank, facing backwards, and call it a 360 visor? Possibly not without breaking the model, but it's worth a try.
>>
>>54401619

Mk. Though I do want to point out that a Bolt as a Specialist can set up for some pretty cheeky Doctor plays.
>>
>>54401720

Chill out, sweet heart.

TAG = 1/3 of your army
TAG + Joan = 1/2 of your army
>>
>>54401593

Yeah, bad decision. Figured they could hold their own in Decapitation-- if he got Joan I'd swap the lieutenant to the Cutter. ARM 8/BTS 7 must be worth something right? he laughed sadly as the enemy crit him with E/M2 and then killed his TAG with K1
>>
>>54401759

I like the way you think.
>>
>>54401107
Two Fasids!
>>
>>54401759
if CB weren't shiiiiiit they'd have kept the braces on the spider tank so you could actually have a fasid riding on the back of the tank
>>
>>54401819

Be still, my boner
>>
>>54401819
Gee, Abdul, how come Mohammad lets you use two Fasids?
>>
I want new sectorials NOW!
>>
Quick rule question:
A dude with a shotgun shoots at an enemy, catching a few others with the impact template. He crits. Does the crit apply to the original target only, or to all those caught in the blast too?
>>
>>54400497
So you just don't like it when your opponent crits?
>>
File: 1482115567429.jpg (4MB, 5500x2888px) Image search: [Google]
1482115567429.jpg
4MB, 5500x2888px
>>54404250
From the wiki:

"Rolling a Critical in an Attack Roll with a Template Weapon causes the target of the attack (and only the target) to suffer Damage automatically and lose one point of Wounds/Structure, bypassing the ARM or BTS Roll, and applies what its Special Ammunition specifies in case of Critical.

Other troopers affected by the Template do not suffer the effects of the Critical, but they still suffer the regular effects of the Template. "
>>
>>54404525
Thanks.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmChl5jkSMw&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=Cudei9hEYKqlSfuv-6

Pan-o stats
>>
File: Su Jian.jpg (184KB, 1072x681px) Image search: [Google]
Su Jian.jpg
184KB, 1072x681px
>>54398531
Su Jian, but an Al Fasid with a Heavy Shotgun would be very sexy.

Speaking of, I've realised I've had the old Su Jian model for 8 months, I've just got it painted up and I'm going to be using it on Friday. Does anyone have heroic tales and dirty tricks to tell of with the Su Jian?
Also, any suggestions on how to spruce up the paint job? I think it looks alright, but just red, gold and black on the gun looks a bit... eh... Maybe some transfers on the shoulder pads? I know there was a company making Infinity transfers wasn't there?
>>
>>54404632
Ahh shiet, what does full auto l1 and l2 do?
>>
>>54404826
It's around the 13 minute mark in the video- Lvl 1 is +1 burst in active turn and lvl 2 is -3 to the opponents F2F roll in active turn- so like an active turn sup. fire.
>>
>>54404757
Plastcraft does transfers. Also holy shit thin your paints. Or learn to shade/highlight. Or both.
>>
>>54404842
Damn that makes them look a lot better! I was iffy at first, but damn that makes the MK12/SMG build pretty awesome.
>>
File: kamau prof.jpg (152KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kamau prof.jpg
152KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: kriza prof.jpg (152KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kriza prof.jpg
152KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>54405108
>No bsg
>MI
>lgl+x-visor gone

Bostria, if you read this, go fys
>>
>>54405108
>no Fireteam: Core
Not sure how to feel about that.
HMG/HRL/Haris seems neat, though.
>>
I'd like to congratulate out PanO brothers on their record salt production for another season.

t. Yu Jing player.

Why so blue?
>>
>>54405217
Of course they dont have Fireteam core, Varuna isnt out yet.
>>
>>54405217
video on beasts of war he talks about them in a core link. it's not in the profile because were seeing the 'vanilla' version.
>>
>>54405194
Replaced by Mimetism+MSV2+BS13 MSR
>>
>>54405108
>shitty MI movement
>X-visor gone
>LGL gone
>costs increased
Not every unit needs to have Memetism, CB. Sure glad about that +1CC and PH. That will go a long way to maintain their potency.
>>
>>54405124
That Mk12 profile seems awesome. HMG is pretty crazy.
How does it compare to Taskmaster though?
>>
File: IMG_2433.jpg (50KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2433.jpg
50KB, 640x425px
>>54405108
So, Kamau are now Bagh-Mari 2.0. Great, that's exactly what I wanted out of them.
>>
>>54405274
>>54405283
>Vanilla version has Haris option
None of the other Haris teams have it in their vanilla version, so it is a bit misleading

>>54405295
>Not every unit needs to have Memetism
Thank goodness for bolts then

>>54405124
Full Auto is a really cool skill
>>
>>54405124
Full Auto seems really good.
>>
>>54405108
>like Nisse but fragile
>slow despite being LI
>even more expensive than now

Christ, this is may be Securitate tier now.
The HRL profile is nice, but that's very much a glass cannon.
>>
>>54405285
Mimetism is nice, but still arm 1 and yet 4-2 is the bigger offender.
Don't get me wrong, the hrl+smg and MS profiles will be great in core, but the lgl profile would have been so fun to use...
Oh well, still got my Regular hacker...
>>
>>54405108
Yes, when I think of amphibious troops I think of sluggish MI.
>mimetism
Mechanically great, but robs them and Bagh-Mari of their uniqueness within PanO. Not terribly fond of this. I would have preferred their old profile with more weapon options.
>>
Reminder that Warhammer 40K 8th Edition is better than infinity and more respectful of women!
>>
>>54405108
>these guys are well-liked for being elite LI
>so, let's make them MI
>also, let's remove their gimmick of the x-Visor/lgl
>instead give them Mimetism, like everybody else
Fuck's sake.
>>
>>54405415
>more respectful of women!
By not including any? I guess keeping GW sculptors away from making any women does them a good service.
I'd rather stick with guys that can make some and how!
>>
>>54405108
>MI
Bullshit, nobody asked for this.
>>54405124
Neat. Don't play Nomads, but that is a very solid profile with good rules.
>>
File: there was an attempt.png (3KB, 280x272px) Image search: [Google]
there was an attempt.png
3KB, 280x272px
>>54405415
>>
>>54405436
And it is a good thing. women have no place in a war or army. I dislike GW games as any other person, but female models should not be made for war games.
>>
>>54405108
Oh hey, it's a shittier, slower Kaplan.
>>
>>54405108
>MI with 1 ARM
>Combi profile still costs 21 pts
>>
>>54405108
So they did make them MI, as rumored. Why? Did the abundance of LI in PanO make them feel inadequate? Did the Bagh-Mari feel lonely in the MI-with-Mimetism niche?
>>
File: 1500148213295.png (96KB, 253x259px) Image search: [Google]
1500148213295.png
96KB, 253x259px
>>54405543
Back to /pol/ to you
>>
>>54405543
You just posted this in the 5e thread.
>>
>>54405124
>>54405108
The difference in quality between those two is staggering. One is well thought-out and has solid stats, skills and cost for its job, the other is a radical redesign taken into a pointless direction.
>>
>>54405605
Of course, it is stale pasta, after all. What else would he do?
>>
>>54405611
How would you rebuild Kamau?
>>
>>54405632
Keep 4-4, loose memetism and gain 1 arm.
Make the haris profile get the bsg and don't take the lgl away.
>>
>>54405611
I think what you mean is that the Kriza is disgustingly efficient and undercosted, and has a new rule which is only ever an upside and a big one at that, while the Kamau became an awkward copy of a unit that's already in faction, stripped down and ready to be forgotten.

Right? That was a typo, right?
>>
>>54405669
Is it really though?
>>
>>54405632
+4 points, +1 ARM, add infiltration.

Now P-O has a viable specialist team that contests objectives early while being reliant on deployment more than similar units. It's fluffy with the flavor of the unit and fills a unique role that Pan-O struggles with.
>>
>>54405669
I wouldn't call him undercosted, he's still BS13 and in Nomads, where he has to compete for attention with Taskmasters and Intruders. Considering Securitate, Grenzers and Spektrs Tunguska is shaping up to be a really expensive units sectorial.
>>
>>54405124
>>54405108
So does this mean that new book is coming out soon?
>>
File: kamaustria.png (40KB, 1296x359px) Image search: [Google]
kamaustria.png
40KB, 1296x359px
>>
>>54405766
Well, that's a relief. Now the HMG Kamau is interesting.
They're still sorta bad.

>>54405632
Give them a Boarding Shotgun option for starters. Mimetism will be good in link, but it drives up the cost. I like the HRL profile though.
>>
>>54405756
A B5 HMG on a HI platform is worth 50+ points. I guess only time will tell, but that +1B and -3 ARO rule seems wayyyy too good.

>>54405766
Based
>>
>>54405766
Thank god, it was an actual typo.
>>
>>54405632
Keep as LI (4-4), drop CC and PH back down by one, toss Mimetism and give all of them X-Visors.
The new weapon options are fine, but keep the LGL and the BSG.
>>
>>54405766
Still not a fan of tossing Mimetism on them and bumping up CC and PH, but with MOV 4-4 they are pretty interesting.
>>
>>54405415
Yeah, let's go back to 2005 when there was just 40k. Oh! those were the days! Just ONE game in the market and nothing else.
>>
>>54405543
It's been a while since I've seen this Copy+pasta in our thread.

>>54405415
Bait level 0. Inferior Bait.

I'd personally have various reasonable and sometimes unreasonable models of females throughout all armies than just a girls club for the imperium with boobplate and a few intermittent Knife Ears.
>>
So I just got a Maghariba Guard.
What little guns should I give it?
>>
>PanO players on the official forum are complaining about the 'BS 13 tax'

Do these guys even play the game or do they just complain all day?
>>
>>54406272
Post screenies
>>
>>54406272
>BS tax
OH GOD

I'm a PanO player and I'm aware of the problems... But BS tax?!
We've really gone full YJ.
>>
>>54406402
Man I don't complain about shit with my faction. Least of all BS13.
>>
>>54406272
I legitimately am confused on how people could be this retarded, but then i remember this is a wargame and that most nerds really aren't smart.
>>
File: HyperPowerHyperWhining.png (48KB, 1209x331px) Image search: [Google]
HyperPowerHyperWhining.png
48KB, 1209x331px
>>54406322
>>54406402
>>54406435

He's a Warcor too.

Also he says that Kamaus are rubbish now, but then says he wants prices adjusted so that they'll stay the same cost, and then they will be much better? Like yes I understand comparisons are important, but it going from completely rubbish to serviceable while staying the same cost is seems disconnected from reality.
>>
>>54405302
Very different roles. TMs are a swiss army knife while KBs are a meat cleaver. TMs dont even need LOS to kill shit thanks to krazy koalas, MA1 is super useful and hilarious for stealth benefits. Can benefit from smoke by using his pulsar. Great for kool-aid manning into objective rooms and curbstomping non cc stuff while cc specialist dont really want to get near him either.

KB is much more straight forward. Move him up and in true russian fashion, shoot everything in sight. Pretty much a smaller Szally with a kind of total reaction suppression.

I was honestly surprised by no missile launcher profile but with the new rule i can see why.
>>
File: 1497241538303.jpg (188KB, 779x1047px) Image search: [Google]
1497241538303.jpg
188KB, 779x1047px
>>54406479
Even the rant about the name is stupid because it is grammatically correct if the name of the unit is "kriza".
>>
>>54406481
The hmg profile is basically a baby Dragao or an improved Yan Huo invincible.
Amazing profile.
>>
Why so blue, PanO players? :^)
>>
>>54406479
>warcor
I feel torn between laughter and concern.
>>
>>54406636
Half the warcors posting on the main forums are complete tards.
Knowing the rules does unfortunately not imply to understand the game or human interaction.
>>
>>54406605
Our wast popularity attrack lots of 'tards among others.
>>
>>54405108
Really, another Mimetism core link.
Was hoping for an x-visor linkteam that outlandish? Fricking Ariadna have a x-visor team with the loup-garou...
And they even deleted the lgl profile.
>>
I want a Raicho with Full Auto L2.
>>
>>54407630
That might actually make it playable. It's also lore compatible.
>>
File: orc girl chief's sister.jpg (75KB, 187x356px) Image search: [Google]
orc girl chief's sister.jpg
75KB, 187x356px
There's something you guys are missing from the vid.
>Patsy Garret
>a heroine ORC
>>
File: heroinorc.png (1MB, 1329x524px) Image search: [Google]
heroinorc.png
1MB, 1329x524px
>>54407658
>Google results
>>
>>54407658
An Orc character with a special profile would make me a very happy player.
I want a reason to use the haris profile in SAA and she might just be the right reason...inbefore she gets combi+shotty and some bloat like +2 CC or costs .5 swc for no reason.
>>
>>54406709
actually you don't need to know the rules to become a warcor.
I am not sure if there is anything else besides do you play infinity? yes/no
>>
>>54407907
You need to own one of the two player starters. Preferably painted and have the actual books on hand.

Really it's just buy the right stuff and stick on some paint and wait for the long but easy approval process.
>>
>>54407950
they never asked that in the warcor application.
Just if I know people that play, what I would do to blabla the community. How I would go about it.
And a pic of me and also my miniatures.
Not one question about starter packs or rules
>>
>>54406599
True. It's a no-frills, straightforward agression piece. It can't do anything but shoot shit, but it does so very well. I'm sure it will have trouble with shenanigans, but in a stand-up slugfest I have very few worries that the Krazy Borko will perform splendidly.
>>
>>54406536
Through that I know which bastard country you come from . fuck you and bastard brothers.

It should be Krizna.
>>
>>54408890
Go rant about BS tax somewhere else, faggot.
>>
>>54408890
Well, KrizNa-guy uses proper sentence structure, so I am more inclined to trust his word on this.
>>
Maybe I am new, but the fact the Kamua are getting a linkable msv2 MSR seems to make up for their bland profiles.
>>
>>54409893
They lost their most interesting profile.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170719-160215.jpg (214KB, 1080x1373px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170719-160215.jpg
214KB, 1080x1373px
>>54405354
He stated it was a mistake. They be 4-4 MOV.
>>
>>54409921
They got HRL + SMG in return. I'd say that's a fair trade.
In fact they seem to have been relegated to long range duty only.
>>
>>54406709

"complete tard" is putting it lightly. No one sees how half those folks are very vocal about a certain political agenda and how the ostracize and belittle those even in their local scene if they don't tow the line? Or the haughty elitism of some of them?

Crazy to think corvus belli don't have a better filter for choosing the volunteer faces of the company.
>>
>>54410258
I was browsing the forum some time ago and there was apparently some minor witch hunt by the same people who would be okay with sjws. Somehow it went from an ESL saying women are not equal to men as they are in fact different but they autism out, to going to the guy who made the asparagus tohaa mayor being banned from his lgs and area because he was smart enough not to blindly trust 3rd world mudslimes.
>>
>>54410588
the lonely artichoke was it:
https://lonelyartichoke.wordpress.com/2016/11/15/life-priorities/
>>
>>54410588

I'll say this anon as the guy you're responding to. That is an incident I was going to bring up as well and was alluding to in my bit about them ostracizing people. To be honest though about the tohaa guy he sperged out as well.

I apologize to the thread for bringing up politics though. I'm as bad people I'm preaching against. Sorry all.
>>
>>54410698
>>54410588
I don't know what is going on here but I am pretty sure everyone involved has autism for getting involved in stupid forum politics in the first place.
>>
>>54410698
Yup thats the dude and the stupid shit i had read on the forums. West coast falling into the pacific when?
>>
Kamau look great.
>>
>>54410997
The model? Yes, very much so.
The rules? Eh. Mimetism is boring and already done by another MI within the faction. Their old rules were more interesting, though with BS13, Mimetism and MOV 4-4 they are really solid on the field. Also, the final nail in the coffin for Bolts.
>>
>>54410997
Does PanO really need two Mimetism Medium Infantry?
>>
>>54411134
Kamau are LI.
Also PanO already has both Nisses and Bagh-Mari.

Frankly it's starting to look like CB's fix for Bolts will be giving them Mimetism too.
>>
>>54410997
Kamau look kinda bland.
Kriza Boraks look great.
Both have nice models though.
>>
>>54411234
I find the rules for the Kriza Boracs to be underwhelming. I expected more equipment than skills.
>>
>>54411315
Does it matter if Full Auto is a skill instead of gear? It's pretty amazing either way.
>>
>>54411224
Sure. Let's give Teutons Mimetism too, that'll fix them. Also, ORCs could use a small buff as well, better give them Mimetism.
>>
>>54411315
>B5 HMG
>B4 Mk12/SMG with 360° Visor
>ARO-3
>Fireteam: Duo
>Courage
>solid brick stats
What the hell more do you want?
>>
>>54411364
It's alright to me. With Tunguska being the "If you don't know what that is, you probably can't even afford it" Sectorial. I was thinking something crazy like Metachem, ODD, or Deflector/Repeater, even Biometric Visor couple be good.

It's a high tech suit upgraded to the gills with a big Russian mafia bodyguard-like guy in there. What's better than a visor that can see heat signatures and genetic data.
>>
>>54411483
He is a Nomad player, spoiled brats, the whole bunch of 'em!
>>
>>54411483
Not skills... I guess.

>Fire Team:Duo
So damn expensive for one, and you wanna cram two with no specialist capability?
>V:Courage
Eh, not a huge deal to me. It's a skill. Something I would expect from CJC.
>Solid brick stats
I expected more outlandishness. It's fucking Tunguska not a run of the mill S5 Super Heavy Infantry. Look at the Father Knight, they crammed way neater stuff on a S2 frame.
>360° Visor with only good loadout
This is literally probably the only thing I'm good with.

I expected more finesse and subtlety from a Tunguska unit. That's all. It's a solid brick wall piece. I'll give it that.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170719-152534.png (850KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170719-152534.png
850KB, 1920x1080px
>>54411518
Damn straight.
>>
>>54411684
With all the other shit Tunguska probably gets it's fine to have a huge fucker with a machinegun to be unsubtle about everything.
And if it helps, think of Full-auto being a piece of equipment. That's literally outlandish, since no-one else in the game has it.
>>
>>54411516
People play Duo Father-Knights and Geckos or Haris Sorgorats and Xeodrons, two guys at that price hardly break the bank.
>>
>>54411684
The duo isn't so bad when you consider what your getting. The fact that any of them can be LT's is pretty swell too: Imagine trying to kill off an hmg and mk12 or multirifle kriza at the same time. throw them both in suppression for the enemy turn and it'd be hard not to get hosed with death hardcore.

I was hoping for something fancy and clever too, but I can dig knowing there is a chainsaw waiting in the shed whenever I want to take it out.
>>
>>54405124
SO I'm struggling a bit comparing SWAST to Kriza. the MK12 with FA2 is basically a red fury, but the kriza costs 11p more than the swast, who also has more answers (RF, pulzard, koalas and atinbot), but saves a SWC.

Is it weird that I find the idea of a B4 multi rifle to be the most likely one for me to take? Yeah, it'll have to advance, but if it grabs the right spaces, it'll be a real bitch to deal with, right?
>>
>>54412207
They're not really comparable I feel. I mean, yeah, their stats are similar and all, but their jobs are radically different. The Taskmaster is all about having the right tool at the right time (assuming you took the good loadout) and responding to changing situations. They can rambo it up, sure, but they have more tools and ideas than that.
Krizna Boraks are a sledgehammer. There is nothing subtle about them, just shoot everything in sight with the improved gun.
>>
File: IMG_2967.png (625KB, 1126x553px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2967.png
625KB, 1126x553px
>>54412207
>>
>>54412207
>>54413000
Its a single model that can waltz right up to a link team and win that shoot out. Its the most PanO thing Nomads have access to.

>>54411684
Each sectorial now has Duo Big Guys option and they all do something different. Compare that to PanO who now have another mimietism+MSV unit for roughly the same price as the other ones. I think we found a LI that makes the Securitate not look so expensive anymore.
>>
How long is one players turn in infinity?
>>
>>54413234
Bao Troop are also Light Infantry.
>>
>>54413234
>>54413081
>>54413000
I know they are different, and they will fulfill their role in their relative sectorials where they don't compete. I'm also not complaining nor do I think kriza is bad.

There is certainly a charm to a mimitism that can't burn off or be seen through. Having him in suppression on enemy turns means a KB will be a hard brick to remove in any way, and a decent way to combat snipers (especially MSV ones). Lets face it, the KB with HMG for 5 points more than SWAST with hmg is fucking loony. as said before, baby szally.

Maybe I'm just underestimating full auto on the mk12 build. My experience with HMG's is treat them like artillery, so for a unit that's going to advance I'd be looking at the mk12 and the multi rifle. And that's a 14 point difference for a range bump... Am I just stupid? I guess I just like the idea of my HI face-checking enemies. Shoulda played YJ or morats.
Thread posts: 337
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.