[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need a system recommendations for my setting.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1472031669923.jpg (677KB, 1500x999px) Image search: [Google]
1472031669923.jpg
677KB, 1500x999px
I know GURPS is memed on here often and i'll definitely look into it to see if it works.

Anyways, the setting is early 90's late 80's Suburbia, in a little town the PCs all grew up in. The game is gonna start with them meeting up and events will happen to familiarize them with the town depending on what my players decide their character's backstories to be. Then night will fall and the real fun begins.

Basically it'll start with a newscast similar to the Local 58 newscast >https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV0I-iA5lJU
for those who don't know what I mean.
it'll be informing the party who should be gathered all in one place at this time of America coming under threat and to assume "The victory position."
My players having no idea what this means will probably squabble for a minute and in that time while i let their curiosity grow i'll drop some nukes (kinda) they'll hear explosions, and bomb shells dropping and bursting only to come out of it unscathed and the world around them changed. Everyone they find in the victory position are asleep and roaming the streets are agents from an unknown organization and various weird creatures of my own design. Now what happens from there will be up to my players but I want to know /tg/'s opinion on what system to use, what's suited for a setting like this with guns and weird supernatural things? I'm sorry if it sounds like there's alot going on, I haven't exactly refined this idea too much yet.
>>
Something like Don't Rest Your Head maybe?

Could just run it in Curse of Cthulhu or something.

What sort of gameplay do you expect? What do you want to focus on?
>>
>>54364906
What is your play style?

Do you like to run things somewhat fast and loose, narrating rather then simulating? Savage Worlds works for your kind of game.

Do you want to just make up things and keep the rules out of the way, while at the same time asking the players to be creative about things? FATE could work.

Do you want a brutal nightmare where suburban people will have to learn fast and people can get broken in a collection of different fucked up ways and there are hard rules for radiation, disease, survival, scavenging ruins and shooting someone in the back of the head?

Then GURPS could do it.
>>
File: 1484794351515.jpg (281KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1484794351515.jpg
281KB, 1024x1365px
>>54364961
>what kind of gamrplay? what do you want to focus on?
I kinda wanna focus on the world. Like instead of my players being the center of the universe chosen ones it would be more like there's already a story going on in the background of the world and my players just happen to be there for it and able to explore it.

>>54364966
I run it kinda loosely, i'm willing to bend rules for the sake of fun. I'll check all of those out anon. Though I sense a slight bias towards GURPS in your post. not that I mind, i asked your opinion in the first place.
>>
>>54365025
Yeah, I can tell you how I'd run it, but I can't tell you how you should run it. If you don't like the crunchness of GURPS then it might not be right for you and there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>54365025
>>54365061
You can dodge a lot of GURPS' crunchiness, but well, might as well use something else then, you know? If the core mechanics (3d6 roll under skill and the chargen, mostly) appeal to you, you can play fast and loose with GURPS too.
>>
>>54364906
how do you want combats to run? for example, with GURPS your PCs will probably have advantages that give them possibly powerful attacks and shit. in CoC/Delta Green, combat is more straightforward - you roll against skill and if the enemy doesn't dodge/parry, you roll for damage (which is deadly quite fast as PCs only have 10 HP on average).

if you don't want advantages/disadvantages, use DeltaGreen/CoC. other than, if that is too simple, I would probably consider GURPS myself.
>>
>>54365300
by possibly do you mean impossibly?

so in delta green they are glass canons, but in GURPS they can get kinda overpowered?
>>
>>54365401
I'm not even sure what he's talking about desu. GURPS has innate attacks (which are advantages that allow you to... attack stuff) but I'm not sure that's what OP has in mind at all.
Also it's easy to make not overpowered characters, just gotta hand less points to the players.
>>
>>54365717
I gotcha. I'll read up on all of these. Thanks a million guys.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.