[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT:Post your favorite monsters to use/fight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 8

File: 1499833238188.jpg (101KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
1499833238188.jpg
101KB, 500x496px
Personally, I can't escape tossing these guys at my players. It just never gets old when they hear the word snake and start to freak out.
>>
File: Human.svg.png (271KB, 2000x2491px)
Human.svg.png
271KB, 2000x2491px
>>
I find excuses to use ghouls, minotaurs and illithids in battles a lot.

My favourite battle I ever ran as a DM was the PCs vs a rival adventuring party that consisted of
>Minotaur Wizard leader
>Troll Fighter
>Umber Hulk Monk
>Illithid Assassin
>Displacer Beast Rogue

Highlights included the party Strength Cleric and Barbarian bullrushing and pinning the troll fighter into a bonfire and the Illithid activating the post hypnotic suggestion it planted in the parties dark elf rogue 5 sessions earlier and making him eviscerate the party sorcerer.

Good times. Two of the PCs survived and them having to rez the rest of the party segued them into the next part of the story.
>>
>>54363282
I love the Vampire. It represent sickness, deformity and natural evil. It has powerful mind powers and hordes of followers, it's a great final enemy or strong opponent.
>>
File: DPC_hand_grenades_C13_M67.jpg (69KB, 503x350px) Image search: [Google]
DPC_hand_grenades_C13_M67.jpg
69KB, 503x350px
>>
File: Thri-kreen-5e (1).jpg (149KB, 1090x1120px) Image search: [Google]
Thri-kreen-5e (1).jpg
149KB, 1090x1120px
>>54363282
Theres usually a clutch of them here and there and all of them hunt anything in their territory which is clearly marked...in Thri-kreen
>>
>>54364874
I haven't seen these guys since my Dark Sun days. Brings back many memeories.
>>
File: 1456637209591.jpg (70KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1456637209591.jpg
70KB, 720x720px
Beefed up spiders.
>>
Favorite monster is actually a trap

>put bear trap in hallway
>wait for them to disarm
>as soon as they disarm trap, hole in ceiling opens
>rabid bear comes sliding down chute

last time a player freaked out because I didn't reveal this detail on a successful check traps roll, which would have ruined the gag completely
>>
I liked my creature that I used in a game where undead infested a good part of the world, and there were these undead pregnant women that were a bit like the Left 4 Dead witch, they would just sit there crying until they were disturbed, at white point they'd go berserk and attack with claws and bite for a fair bit of damage. Once killed, though, the real fun started: there'd be a wet ripping sound, as the baby tore itself from its mother womb, itself having a bulge in its belly. It would attack, having half the hit points and doing one die smaller of damage, less strength et cetera. Then, once it was killed, a new one would rip itself out from inside to attack again. And so on, and so on, until the last one had 1 hp and was easy to finish off.
>>
>>54367723

I feel the need to tell you that I'm stealing both the idea and the mechanic behind it. May the gods look kindly upon you in the future.
>>
File: 1377641654138.jpg (110KB, 640x530px) Image search: [Google]
1377641654138.jpg
110KB, 640x530px
>>54367723
>Matryoshka zombabies
That is both genius and disgusting at the same time.
>>
I like fairytale ogres in the same niche as vampires: lords ruling over a domain and sometimes feeding off the serfs.
Gets longevity from children flesh and magical abilities from longevity.

Also mummies, with the powerful poison and I allow them to summon some cat mummies (I use the zombie dog stats for that) to avoid it just getting controled by the whole party due to action economy.

Scorpion worms too: giant worms with a stinger. The stinger is the most dangerous part but cutting them in half makes two of them (although only one stinger), so the little worms impede your movement while you try to avoid the dangerous part.

Also like using werebeast liberally in inhabited areas as one would use mimics in dungeons.

Giant spiders and bees because they're my fetish but the players don't know.

and some honorable mentions: wall morays, rat swarms, sand worms, dire elks, giant bipedal cokroaches, sand swimming crocodiles
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.