[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I cast imbue with spell ability and transfer righteous might

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: firegenasi.jpg (106KB, 900x1203px) Image search: [Google]
firegenasi.jpg
106KB, 900x1203px
I cast imbue with spell ability and transfer righteous might to the fighter. I then cast bull's strength on the fighter. He has multi-classed into barbarian, so he rages. He now has +12 strength, and his duel-wielded bastard swords now do 2d8 each due to an increase in size category.

The fighter has an artifact called the "belt of battle", which means he has a total of 12 attacks at 13th level when he activates it.

He has a potential damage output of 24d8+180, if all attacks hit, barring any critical hits.

I've heard of things more broken than this, but still, this is pretty ridiculous. The thing is, we now have a nuke in our pocket in the form of the fighter and the cleric buffing him.

We're going to abuse the shit out of this, probably.

Is there anything I can do to further buff the fighter as a Level 13 Cleric with access to 7th level spells and a wisdom score of 25?

Picture related, it's what I'd imagine my fire genasi cleric to look like.
>>
We're playing D&D 3.5 btw.
>>
>fighter
it's a shame
>>
>>54362154
Normally you're not allowed to cast so high level of spells, and the school transmutation isn't supported by Imbue with Spell ability.

But my DM says "through a miracle of Kossuth I'll allow it"

So I dunno. We bent the rules a bit.
>>
>>54362329
It's not very broken, the fighter still needs to be able to get next to the enemy and full attack it so his damage output is balanced by that.
>>
>>54362135
If I'm to believe the bullshit most people on /tg/ parade around about full-casters, you can on-demand auto-win every possible interaction with nothing but spells, so I'm kind of confused why you'd waste your time with a separate PC instead of just animating a fighter who was also a full-caster instead.
>>
>>54362135
You can only gain strength bonus from one source, buff him with a larger bonus and that'll only supersede the previous.

Also
>level 13 game
>not using power attack
>not using shock trooper
>not using robilar's gambit
>not using tome of battle
>not taking advantage of easy ways to literally multiply that damage
>>
>>54362135
As standard practice for a cleric who buffs his teammates, you should of course be using Prayer for +1 to hit and damage for the whole party (along with bonuses to other things, and penalties to the enemies). On top of this, use Righteous Wrath of the Faithful (level 5 spell, Spell Compendium) for another +3 to hit and damage (morale bonus this time, so stacks with the luck bonus from Prayer) and an additional swing in each full attack for the whole party. Just between those two, that's +1 attack and +4 to hit and damage -- and that to-hit bonus is important for damage output too, particularly when taking penalties from TWF.

Give the fighter Girallon's Blessing for two extra arms. I don't believe these will allow extra sword attacks (at least not without him taking extra feats), and unfortunately the spell explicitly overrules the usual rules for adding natural attacks to a full attack with weapons...but it WILL allow him to now wield both swords in a 2-handed grip, adding half again his Str mod to damage.

If you're good-aligned, throw on Blessing of the Righteous (lvl 4, PHB2) for +1d6 holy damage.

Assuming your fighter has base Str 21 (started with 18 at chargen, spent all increases from level in Str), based on the numbers given I assume he's using plain +3 bastard swords?
Switch those for +1 Collision bastard swords, and make up the difference in enhancement bonus with Greater Magic Weapon. They'll still be +3 swords, with an additional +5 damage from the Collision enchantment.

Regardless of what swords he has, you can definitely enhance them with Weapon of Energy (adds <energy> burst, even stacking with existing energy damage bonus).

>>54362818
>You can only gain strength bonus from one source
False. Righteous Might, rage, and Bull's Strength are all different bonus types (size, untyped, and enhancement, respectively), and therefore stack.
>>
>>54362876
His strength is 16 (unbuffed) at the moment.

Thank you for this very helpful post.
>>
File: 6AL5LPN.png (857KB, 1733x425px) Image search: [Google]
6AL5LPN.png
857KB, 1733x425px
Exalted Deeds - Star Mantle.

Offense is good but get some defense. It also exists in magic item form.

Starmantle
(Book of Exalted Deeds, p. 108)

Abjuration
Level: Sorcerer 6, Wizard 6, Joy (BoED) 7,
Components: V, S, M,
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: One living creature touched
Duration: 1 minute/level (D)
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

This spell manifests as a draping cloak of tiny, cascading stars that seem to flicker out before touching the ground. The cloak forms over the target's existing apparel and sheds light as a torch, although this is not the mantle's primary function.

The starmantle renders the wearer impervious to nonmagical weapon attacks and transforms any nonmagical weapon or missile that strikes it into harmless light, destroying it forever. Contact with the starmantle does not destroy magic weapons or missiles, but the starmantle's wearer is entitled to a Reflex saving throw (DC 15) each time he is struck by such a weapon; success indicates that the wearer takes only half damage from the weapon (rounded down).
>>
>>54362135
>The fighter has an artifact called the "belt of battle", which means he has a total of 12 attacks at 13th level when he activates it.
belt of battle gives you 1 additional attack. where did other 9 or so come from again?
>>
File: 1486430345081.jpg (99KB, 332x390px) Image search: [Google]
1486430345081.jpg
99KB, 332x390px
>Belt of Battle
>MIC item

Since when was it an artifact?
>>
>>54362329
There is a feat that allows you to increase all enchantment bonus by 2 when casting. Also, find some way to sneak in iron body. +6 str at least.
>>
Drop bastard swords, get kukris.

Dice damage is a trap on anything less than 20d20s.
>>
>>54364178
The Belt of Battle I'm familiar with has 3 charges a day, which can be spent to upgrade your swift action to a bigger action. Spend all 3 at once, you get a full action for a swift, which would allow for 2 full actions in one round. That makes it a 1/day thing, though.
>>
>>54363181
>Level 13 fighter
>16 Str
>Dual-wielding bastard swords

It's a good thing he has you to buff the shit out of him, because otherwise he'd be totally worthless.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.