[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zyer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: seriouslymagicbook.jpg (84KB, 573x357px) Image search: [Google]
seriouslymagicbook.jpg
84KB, 573x357px
Anons, I want a bit of help from you all.
>> 2010
>> In college and have no friends.
>> Meet a guy. We smoke weed and play smash 64
>> Invites me to 3.5 game.
>> He's a walking handbook, literally citing pages of information when questioned.
>> Goes on for years of multi year campaigns.
>> Recently, when we were bored, we'd hop into a google doc and write stuff about this city.
>> Name it Zyer.
>> Few weeks ago my friend goes on vacation.
>> Does not come back alive.
>> Take all our info from the doc and start making a session for all our friends to have one last campaign of his.
>>Want to ask him stuff but can't.

Can you guys fill me on blanks? Especially with attractions and interesting things to investigate as players. I'm running it Pathfinder since it's just free 3.5, even if it's not popular on this board. Its in a classical setting at the base of its own Olympus, essentially run by different guilds and no head of government. World has its own gods, but there's a lot of gaps. I'd appreciate any contributions. I'll post more below.
>>
The city was built into the side of the mountain after the Goddess of Love, Moriah, stopped the rest of the Gods from greek/roman mythology fucking around with mortal affairs.

The mountain has volcanic activity that makes springs by the top, so whatever flows down the mountain towards a river. The city has 3 concentric, raised walls which lead to tiers and levels.

There are a bunch of guilds, mostly commercial (building, smithing, weaving, etc) but there is a mage's guild, knights guild, mercenary/murder hobo guild, and temple guild. A percentage of their taxes reflect how many votes they get for their government.

Government is slow and shitty, so commonly, guilds just buy out adventurers to do their shit for them, since its faster and serves themselves. I want some other interesting places in case the PCs shit on guilds or decide to become evil. I cannot think of a good prison system in this area that isn't just prison, execution or exile. The only large communities outside of the ways are farming areas and barbarians on the other side of the mountain.
>>
>>54359256
>>> Does not come back alive.
Tell us the story, OP.
>>
>>young physicist
>>about to get PhD
>>married to a beautiful girl
>> they go on vacation with his family
>> he goes to swim with his brother
>>riptide
>> huge survival need, but no prep can help you with that
>> brother is found. Healthy
>> my friend isn't.
I'm staying with his wife. I am going through all of his notes. It's sad. She always wanted to play with him, so I want to finish our last adventure.

Most of our content was just how the city operates. There's no real fat to it. We only had one mechanic which will be laughed at. Fusion domain of the love god. Join with an ally and have the best stats out of you both. Level 8 as a full round, you both get a standard action.

I just miss asking him stupid shit for him to shoot down, and me telling him to think crazier. He grounded me as a player and dm. I miss that guys.
>>
I have a bar that he runs in city. He's a high level wizard that will give random bounties for PC's to complete. All the specials and drinks are named after campaigns he's DM'd. All the regulars are his characters.
>>
>>54359382
>>54359577

Nerd not need. Great guy. Great DM, easily best I've ever had.

I had to go on his roll20 and see how many people were wondering where he went to.

One of my favorites was so vanilla but fun. 8 weapons in 8 provinces. He was tired of us having too much gold and buying optimally, and he wanted every magic item to feel impactful. Each weapons was super dope.

All encounters for 8 were done by image. He'd just save every cool image he found and make a monster or NPC out of it. It was very vanilla for a campaign settings (collect the 8 mcguffins in the 8 wildly different climates) but it culminated beautifully.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.