[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We worldbuild pretending that 5e is a perfect simulation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1491701886539.png (920KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1491701886539.png
920KB, 1024x1024px
What does this imply about the universe?
>Gaining more and more hit dice eventually makes you tough enough to take a 747 to the face
>There are objective, quantifiable differences between the races
>stepping on a bumblebee occassionally teaches you new spells
What else?
>>
No.
>>
>>54352574
/thread
>>
i dont get the one about the bee
>>
>>54353029
characters in D&D earn xp by killing things and that lets them level which makes them better at all their various skills
>>
>>54353231
I've literally never had a GM give me experience for killing things. We usually either got so much experience at the end of an arc, or they just told us to level up once or twice.
>>
>>54353231
Except that's not how it works, especially since 5e reframe it to gaining XP for overcoming challenges and encounters. A single bee is neither, unless maybe you're allergic to bees, and at that point it's more akin to a trap that you have to make a con save against.

Plus 5e has so many optional rules for how you can do things that it's hard to get any sort of unified RAW setting.
>>
>>54353293
anything with a challenge rating of 0 is worth 10 xp
>>
>>54355135
By that logic everyone should be level 20 from constantly breathing.

The correct answe is that not everything has a challenge rating.
>>
>>54352540
>>There are objective, quantifiable differences between the races

But that's just like real life, except in our world people pretend that there aren't any.
>>
>>54355162
But all animals do have a challenge rating. So a lifelong hunter/trapper would get to a fair level over time.
>>
>>54355695
No.
>>
>>54355695
Animaps have a challenge rating in the context of an encounter. Which doesn't apply if they aren't a challengw or it isn't an encounter. If you roll Survival to hunt and bag 2 rabbits, you don't get 20 XP.

And none of this applies at all if your DM goes for Milestone so instead so you only get it for accomplishing major goals. Which is again why trying to make RAW 5e land is tricky thanks to optional rules.
>>
Stop playing D&D.
>>
>>54355695
Yeah, which is why the scout npc has more hit dice than a commoner
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.