[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mad Max

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Madmax16.jpg (3MB, 2009x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Madmax16.jpg
3MB, 2009x3000px
Yeah probably old hat. But, I've poked around and can't find a post-apoc RPG that meets my tastes. All heavily pull inspiration, but none mate an RPG with a heavy-duty (yet somewhat abstracted for ease of play) vehicular combat & customization system.

I'm poring over working a hardcore MM mashup homebrew. So far I've settled on using BRP/CoC 7.0 (I know, I know, but fuck d20 systems are getting stale to me) for the RPG side, and have a fair amount of legwork done to place a campaign in any of the four film settings.

But the vehicular combat is escaping me. Car Wars seemed like a great place to go, but it's waaaay too crunchy and (duh) a game unto its own, which may be much for a general mix between casual and M A X crunch. That and working the RPG skills into the actual vehicle stuff itself.

If it's been done, I wouldn't mind being pointed in the right direction, most stuff led me to some Savage World settings/conversions (like Broken Earth), Atomic Highway (obviously inspired, but not *set* and the vehicle combat is way too abstracted).

We all know that Miller's films are about epic ass Road Wars and shit, mixed with some wheeling and dealing, adventure, etc. to get what you need. That's the shit I want to replicate.
>>
Bump for curiosity.
>>
>>54351532
Thus far I've messed around with char gen as that would be easiest and give me some work that would keep me going and a base from which to work the RPG side of the house with whatever vehicle thing I end up using/come up with:

https://pastebin.com/F7iVYEzE
>>
>>54351532
>car wars is too crunchy
>atomic highway is too abstracted
>what I'm really looking for is George Miller's storytelling

I don't know what to tell you anon
>>
>>54351853
Right?

It's not like you can reconcile the systems together, but it'd be a bunch of work and at the end: would people really want to play it?
>>
There's always GURPS, which could be as crunchy as you like.
Or you can try FATE, which is very narrative and cinematic, but requires creativity.
>>
Savage Worlds
>Not autism-tier crunch
>Actually has decent vehicle rules
>Vehicle customisation in Hell on Earth and/or the Sci-Fi Companion
Chuck BRP and get savage, nigga
>>
>>54352055
Really was my tied-system for the whole thing. I'll re-assess.
>>
>>54351532
I think they're less cruchy than car wars, but still might be too far that way, but have you taken a look at older GW stuff like Gorkamorka or Necromunda's Ash Nomad vehicle gangs?

Also not sure about This Is Not A Test, but it might have rules for vees. Sounds like you're looking for that sweet spot that meshes rpg/campaign play and wargame, so /awg/ might have some ideas.
>>
File: Machinas+cover.jpg (286KB, 1236x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Machinas+cover.jpg
286KB, 1236x1600px
>>54351532

This might be worth a look. I'm a little unclear on exactly what you're hoping to find, but it seems to be a moderately crunchy vehicle combat/racing minigame.
>>
File: JLRak8T_1P0.jpg (146KB, 1280x545px) Image search: [Google]
JLRak8T_1P0.jpg
146KB, 1280x545px
>>
After spending a hot minute flipping through books, it looks like Savage Worlds may make this work. I'll keep interested parties appraised as I work through the initial bits and then push on into the nitty gritty detailed bits.

The thought occurred to me that it'd be easiest to just set the setting during Fury Road's time (allegedly ~10ish years after MM3), but I'm a megafan of the whole saga, so I want to do the groundwork to enable peeps to set shit up during any of the films.

(DESU MM1 would be like a "Savage Worlds: Modern" campaign as The Fall has yet to actually occur and fully occurs btw MM1 and MM2)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.