[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New RPG. Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: Tales of the Loop.jpg (67KB, 213x519px) Image search: [Google]
Tales of the Loop.jpg
67KB, 213x519px
just saw this while dickering around GTM.
looks cool, but i haven't dug into the preview research yet.

has anyone heard hype for Tales of the Loop?
>>
>>54351188
You're probably baiting, but whatever. Let's bite on the off chance you're legit or some other impressionable anon sees this.

Tales of the Loop is pretty shit. It was made to cash in on the Stranger Things hype without managing to capture the qualities that made the show good, and was carried through kickstarter almost entirely on it's art.
http://conceptartworld.com/artists/simon-stalenhag/
Granted Stalenhag is a kickass artist but you're better off browsing that website and putting it with literally anything system and campaign you wrote, and it'll be better then Tales.
>>
>>54351237
I wouldn't say its made to catch in on Stranger Things, Simon Stålenhag's artwork and setting had been around long before Stranger Things, furthermore its a very different setting than ST, this has been a huge misconception that people have given the game and the setting that I feel will disappoint some people who don't get the horror, conspiracy, pulppy/lovecraft vibe ST offers.
>>
File: giphy (2).gif (2MB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (2).gif
2MB, 320x320px
>>54351188

I'm intrigued. It was recommended to me after seeing Stranger Things. I think the Swedish angle is a nice twist, too. I feel like GMing it would be hard, though, in terms of plot and player management (keeping the adults out and the kids at the right capabilities), and the canonical mysteries in the book weren't my style so much.
>>
Shit. Don't bother.
>>
>>54351188
Only in the 5 threads this week about it.

The art and the lore is good, but the RPG is shit because it's focused on children and 'omg i'm so depressed because life is hard' moping.
Fuck that. Teenagers exploring and adventuring because all this wierd shit around is totally like an RPG.

I have the art books. I'll probably use the setting at some point, but make it more fun instead of angsty.
>>
>>54351934

Agreed. I feel like Adeptus Evangelion has the youthful angst and conspiracy thing covered.
>>
File: 462A1662-3 copyA.jpg (280KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
462A1662-3 copyA.jpg
280KB, 800x1200px
>>54351188
I played a one-shot of it. It's a pretty good game of kids adventuring in a weird 1980s landscape with derelict robots, strange experiments and weird science all around them.

It's much more like ET or The Goonies than Stranger Things. There seems to be very little horror. There is no emphasis on angst or teenage drama, as some people are suggesting. That's just not true. I dislike Monsterhearts because angst is the focus. In The Loop it is not; the focus is on teen mysteries, exploration and the limitations of being a child in a strange adult world (like in the movies mentioned).

The rules are fairly straightforward and almost invisible. I like that the kids can't actually die (no HP in the rules); all that can happen is that they get conditions like Panic, Stress or Hurt (and out of action).

That said, it's built for short adventures and I can't imagine a long-term campaign based around it.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.