[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 387
Thread images: 32

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

>Pathfinder for fantasy
>Starfinder for sci-fi
What do we use to foolishly cling to -finder d20 in a modern setting like a fake Shadowrun?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): https://pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): https://pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>54339125
>>
What do I gestalt with paladin if I want to hit people with a greatsword?
>>
File: Tiefling paladin.jpg (88KB, 899x730px) Image search: [Google]
Tiefling paladin.jpg
88KB, 899x730px
>>54344460
Do you have 3pp available? If so, Zweihander Sentinel Warder, though trying to combo Int and Cha will make you MAD as shit. Warlord would also work pretty well.

Another option is bloodrager, particularly if you take a bloodline that gives you kickass strength boosts, like Abyssal, or go for thematic and go for celestial. (worth noting is that demon-spawn tieflings have bonuses to both charisma and strength, and angelspawn aasimar have the same. both work really well)
>>
>>54344460
Scaled Fist Monk with Crusader's flurry.
Now you can flurry with your greatsword.
>>
>>54344496

Don't listen to this foot.

Do a Zealot, its insanely good to combo with Paladin. Or Warlord if you can beg your DM to not use the errata version.

But the real best choice hands down is Oracle. Make a half-elf Lunar Oracle, go the Lorekeeper route, eventually take Paragon Surge.

Now you can smite, and cast wizard spells, and cleric spells, and buff yourself tremendously all based on Cha!
>>
How does the Scholar class compare to the rest? Weaker than most? Stronger? What's good/bad about it?
>>
File: intellect-devourer-3rd-edition.jpg (50KB, 400x358px) Image search: [Google]
intellect-devourer-3rd-edition.jpg
50KB, 400x358px
Assuming bullshit tier magic was at play, could an intellect devourer become good and still use its body thief ability?

Would it have to only take over bad people? Willing hosts? What if it were taking bad people to do good things in their body to try and lessen their cosmic burden in the afterlife?

tldr how can a nasty brain parasite be a good guy?
>>
>>54344460
See >>54344665

Zealot is incredible for a Paladin, it fits mechanically and thematically.
>>
What's stopping me from crafting a Headband of Vast Intelligence +8? Or +10? Or +10000? I don't see any minimum caster level requirement.
>>
>>54344822
If paladins can bash in the brains of some evil doer and be good I'm sure an intellect devourer can be good while snatching the bodies of the wicked
>>
>>54344835
the CL requirement and gold requirement
>>
>>54344822
A good intellect devourer is hard to imagine. Their main method of gaining sustenance relies on harming others. They could probably become at least nonevil by restraining themselves, or finding an alternative method of staying alive.

But the only way for one to steal a body and not have it be an evil act is probably by doing something like giving a mercy kill to someone who's about to die anyway, or who willingly gives themselves up as an act of kindness to the creature.
>>
>>54344913
I can't find anything mentioning a caster level requirement, beyond being high enough level to cast the required spell. Some wondrous items say "creator must be Xth level" but the majority don't, and the belts/headbands make no mention of a minimum caster level.

Obviously gold and time make a +1000 item a little silly, but near as I can tell a level 3 Wizard could make one.
>>
>>54344952
The missing CL increases the DC of the crafting check.
>>
>>54344973
What missing CL? There doesn't appear to be a minimum caster level
>>
Does anyone have any general tips for playing a Betrothed? I generally want the companion to smash things with a greatsword, and the actual PC be a more dainty spellcasting type thing.
>>
File: 849.png (632KB, 975x478px) Image search: [Google]
849.png
632KB, 975x478px
How well do /pfg/ lewdgames compete against such numbers?
>>
>>54345015
The CL of the item.
The crafting check DC is the CL of the item +5, plus an additional five for every prereq you don't meet, excluding the casting feat, which is absolutely required as the crafting cannot be attempted without it.
>>
>>54344835
The DM.
>>
>>54344919
>main method of gaining sustenance relies on harming others
That kinda hits every carnivore, and in a world with sentient plant creatures, even the herbivores are on the hook.

What lore exists on them in PF seems to indicate they eat and drink as normal, and they brain-burrow to feel. That unless they are jacked into another creature, they can't feel emotions.

DM's gonna make his call either way, I just know one of the other players bitches about how mind control should be evil and I don't want to sit through that again if I don't have to.
>>
>>54345070
Near as I can tell the book/SRD lists a caster level of 8, and doesn't say anything about that increasing for higher-bonus items

So if I'm interpreting this right, a level 8 wizard who knows Fox's Cunning and has Craft Wondrous Item, can make a belt/headband of whatever insanely high bonus he can afford, and all he has to do is succeed on a DC13 check?
>>
File: we're all gonna make it.jpg (145KB, 341x2000px) Image search: [Google]
we're all gonna make it.jpg
145KB, 341x2000px
Guys, there's something I must know.
Is Zyzz really just the mortal avatar of Kurgess?
>>
>>54345116
That's technically right, but you need a gold amount equal to the bonus squared times 1k
Also you need to spend a week for every 1k worth of gold.
Soooo
There's that limit
>>
>>54345056
/pfg/ lewdgames will literally get me to cum as many times as I think about them. It could be hundreds and hundreds of times if I didn't exercise self-control
>>
>>54345164
He took steroids to get his serious gains, I'd label him an Ex-Paladin.
>>
>>54345056
Pretty good, but it's a quality over quantity situation.
>>
>Mounted archery
What am I missing? This looks like monk levels of movement speed and a full attack every round. there has to be something mechanically getting in the way of it, right? Not just "hur dur good luck getting your mount in this dungeon"
>>
>>54345710

It's actually just mounts in dungeon memes.
>>
>>54345710
The truth is that there's nothing to mounted archery except having a mount.
>>
>>54345710
Making Ride checks to steer a horse with your legs, but that's something having a war-trained mount and a good saddle can help mitigate.

Now you know why Halflings make for good Luring Cavaliers
>>
File: Sunrider.png (1MB, 1941x1983px) Image search: [Google]
Sunrider.png
1MB, 1941x1983px
>>54345710
The only real problems with it are the fact that you need an animal companion (otherwise your mount is made of tissue paper) and the fact that dungeon environments are often fairly tight corridors and rooms.

In open spaces, mounted archery is literally the best archery you can get.
>>
>>54345770
>>54345793
>>54345804
obviously flying mount is best mobile weapon platform, but anything with a mountable animal companion (lewd or otherwise) laughs at ride checks
>>
>>54345865
>mountable animal companion
...I suddenly have the urge to make an extremely inappropriate summoner-eidolon combo.
>>
>>54345865
one of my favorite archetypes is the Winged Marauder Alchemist. It gets rid of absolutely nothing except mutagen (which you can take back as a discovery) and gives you either a dire bat or a giant vulture in exchange. It's incredible.
>>
File: 1452988802956.jpg (135KB, 736x550px) Image search: [Google]
1452988802956.jpg
135KB, 736x550px
My group wants to switch to 5e and it just looks fucking awful. Where are the options? Everything is gone. It looks like a shell of a game. I don't want this at all. Should I just give up? Is this the end for me?
>>
>>54346227

My brief experience with 5e was fairly fun. It still has some balance issues though so ultimately I don't see the reason to learn a new system
>>
>>54346227
Try it. If you don't like it, say you don't like it, but give it a fair shake. If they don't want to switch back, find a new group.
>>
>>54346227
Even their general is worse. Don't get me wrong, this you guys are awful with your ERPing and your weeaboo bullshit, but have you ever seen the 5e general? It's so fucking boring. They don't even talk about anything.
>>
>>54346227
Its decent. I prefer Pathfinder, but 5E's survivable.
>>
>>54346227
For an example, caster supremacy is even worse in 5e
>>
>>54346281
How do you manage? Going from so many options to so little just doesn't compute for me. It's like the system wants you to play as the most generic vision of your class possible and if you don't then you're shit out of luck.
>>
File: 1499840871407.jpg (272KB, 1280x1086px) Image search: [Google]
1499840871407.jpg
272KB, 1280x1086px
>>54346302
>>
What ever happened to that Truenamer playtest?
>>
File: map of Chessenta.jpg (347KB, 864x1069px) Image search: [Google]
map of Chessenta.jpg
347KB, 864x1069px
>>54346269
I just checked. They don't even talk about the campaign settings.

I've spent the last half hour trying to come up with flavor text for my PF/Forgotten Realms game.

I want to get the PCs used to the system and out of Rusty Dagger Shanktown so they can start fighting mutant Sahaugin in not!Athens, but I also want to have immersion.
>>
>>54346227
Having tried 5e, I have two issues
1) The way feats are done makes it feel like there's no trap feats. Which is good, but if you don't build in very specific ways there's no support for your playstyle. Unlike in PF, where if you want to do something that's suboptimal it's unlikely there's NO support for it.

2)
>Behold, the sword of kings, a weapon which grants the divine right to rule, Camelot Eternal. On its surface are inscribed the names of every ruler to wield the blade in the cause of righteousness and prosperity, and the mere appearance of the blade is said to herald the end of darkness and tyranny for a hundred years. Does this blade choose the next king, or does it appear before one with the proper qualifications? We may never know.
>So, what does it do mechanically?
>Oh, it's a +1 sword, and if your alignment ever shifts to something not LG it vanishes
>>
>>54346448
Stop, stop. I can only get so depressed.
>>
>>54346448
Feats are also 100% optional and are not a core mechanic
>>
>>54346485
RUINED
>>
>>54346330
Most of the 5e options, boring as they may be, are viable. There are really only two or three godawful choices (Four Elements Monk, core book Beastmaster Ranger without poison memes, your least favorite of Bladelock/Thief Rogue/Trickery Cleric for archetype abilities).

Most of the PF options, flavorful as they may be, suck dick. The Kineticist is a cruel joke, as are the Medium, Chained Monk and Rogue without heavy optimization or specific niche builds. Gunslinger is five levels long, Ranger is three, Swashbuckler is one. After level 10, if you don't have spells or an answer to spells, you might as well stop playing.

This is doubly true if no 3pp is allowed.
>>
>>54346421
>Methwood
>>
>>54346560
>The Meth flow.
>>
>>54346530
Great, so I can be viable as long as I only want to play as Aragorn or Gandalf or Bilbo or whatever and if not then I might as well not play because those are the only options there are, viable or not.
>>
I don't have the screen cap but Nothing in AA2 says the orc hornbow can't be used while mounted.
>Larger even than a longbow, these bows are often made from the horns of great beasts. Though they have a shorter range than other bows, their greater destructive power is highly favored by orcs and their kin. All hornbows are composite bows and can be modified to benefit from high Strength scores in the same way as other composite bows. Any effect that applies to both longbows and shortbows also applies to hornbows.
>>
>>54346736
yup.
>>
>>54346736
Why wouldn't you be able to use it mounted?
>>
>>54346781
>Larger even than a longbow
>A longbow is too unwieldy to use while you are mounted

admittedly I didn't think composite longbows could be used mounted either.
>>
>>54346823
Real life hornbows are literally cavalry bows so...
>>
.>>54346736
I have a screencap.

>>54346949
when has Paizo's designs and ruling ever been based in reality?
>>
>>54347041
That new chain weapon whatever is called is the closest thing we'll ever get to 3.5 Spiked chain.

Even then it still kind of sucks with the action expenditure bullshit.
>>
File: 1472505989078.png (134KB, 222x316px) Image search: [Google]
1472505989078.png
134KB, 222x316px
>>54345710
My lord! The mongol horde approaches!
>>
>>54346949
Real life hornbows are also the size of composite shortbows.
>>
So the second session I'm running of Rebels went alright, the PCs have made decent progress in getting to know the important NPCs with them and clearing out the area below the coffeehouse was a process much more roundabout than the book probably thought it would be, but it worked out in the end. The Tengu sisters have been befriended and drafted, their crazy Dire Corby "sister" has been bound in rope by the Investigator, and will be his pet project as he attempts to rehabilitate her more rash and violent tendencies toward more... productive means as opposed to just killing her outright, and we'll start off the next session by getting into the Rebellion Point stuff.
>>
>>54347041
Sanpkhang stacks with enchantments. Interesting. Pretty much an auto-buy for Toxicant/Eldritch Poisoner.
>>
I want to play a shooty character but not a gunslinger or a bow guy. Is there any class that satisfies this role?

Kineticists seemed alright but I heard they suck.
>>
>>54347365
What do you mean by shooty but not using a ranged weapon, expand.
>>
>>54347365

3PP on the table? Psychic armory soul knife is crazy powerful
>>
>>54347326
Friendly reminder that 2hu turned his Hell's Rebels game into ERP about boob expansion.
>>
>>54347473
Okay, I know you're lying, but still: You what?
>>
>>54347379
Beams and shit like the kineticist and that one dr strange vigilante archetype.

>>54347442
Yes it is, I am going to give that a look but in the meantime how about you spoonfeed me a little?

Also how about aegis, can that be built into a shooty guy?
>>
>>54347687
how available is 3pp to you.
>>
>>54347687

It shoots greatswords and is wisdom SAD, can archetype in maneuvers.
>>
>>54347687
Basically it rapid fires greatswords and is wisdom SAD

Another top quality piece of content from DSP
>>
>>54347573
Not a lie, ask Discord.
>>
File: 1340390173109.png (107KB, 359x302px) Image search: [Google]
1340390173109.png
107KB, 359x302px
>>54347716
>>54347730
Sounds awesome. Please expand more about this soul knife.
>>
Is there any int-based monk archetype?
>>
>>54347839
Ask your GM to let you use the Kung Fu Genius feat from the old Dragon Magazine articles. Otherwise forget about it.
>>
File: Danica Maupoissant.jpg (34KB, 293x471px) Image search: [Google]
Danica Maupoissant.jpg
34KB, 293x471px
>>54347839
No

If 3pp is allowed, you might have to use a Vigilante (Stalker) or a Warder that specialize in Broken Blade.

Why do you want an Int-based Monk? We might be able to come up with an alternative.
>>
Hey, I just thought of this idea: major complaint on 3.5/pf being caster supremacy, their strength could be curbed considerably by porting 5e concentration: any spell that has a duration requires concentration, you can only concentrate on 1 spell and while it doesn't take actions to concentrate, any damage/distraction requires concentration checks.

Now, since this is a really obvious idea, has any of you ever given it any deeper thought or perhaps actually tried introducing it? With how important buff stacking is the houserule would probably completely fuck with how the game plays, and I'm honestly curious about it.
>>
>>54347933
>Why do you want an Int-based Monk? We might be able to come up with an alternative.
I'm thinking of a gestalt pair for an unarmed investigator who fights by casting FIST into enemy faces.
>>
>>54347934
Now haste is fucking useless, good job.
>>
>>54347943
That's the point, haste is insanely good, so now the spellcaster has to actually decide what's better: full party haste or blasting a cloudkill into the enemy crowd.
>>
>>54347951
The result of this is that martials are worse than ever.

Fucking slowclap, love 5etards throwing 'oh this fixes it' solutions without understanding the core problem.
>>
>>54347839
Off the top of my head, if you want an int-based punchman you could do:

Stalker (Vigilante) with Fool's Errand/Broken Blade. You can also take Prescient Dodger via a Stalker Art for Int to AC if SoP is in play.

Hedgewitch (Entropic Sage), though I don't know how effective the archetype actually is. Hedgewitch is pretty solid on its own, and the archetype only gives up one tradition.

You could probably finagle something with a Soulknife (Living Legend) and the Empowered Fist blade skill, but it would require a lot of investment.
>>
File: 1294005068323.jpg (183KB, 1500x1169px) Image search: [Google]
1294005068323.jpg
183KB, 1500x1169px
>>54347942
Get a Cestus or some Brass Knuckles.

Or, you could use Slayer with the Natural Weapon combat style.
>>
>>54347988
>Get a Cestus or some Brass Knuckles.
Wouldn't those disable Pummeling Charge, though?
Pummeling Charge is one of the main appealing things about unarmed fighting.
>>
File: monk squad.jpg (257KB, 1280x828px) Image search: [Google]
monk squad.jpg
257KB, 1280x828px
>>54347999
You should have said that you wanted that.

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/pummeling-charge-combat/

You could make a Winding Path Renegade (Brawler), unless there's something else form the Monk abilities that you want.

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/brawler/archetypes/paizo-brawler-archetypes/winding-path-renegade-brawler-archetype/
>>
>>54347951
Haste, Enlarge Person, etc. strengthens martials and weaken casters, using a spell from the caster. Now, the caster simply uses Quickened Black Tentacles, Cloudkill, and goes to sleep.
>>
>>54347934
"Well no reason to buff my party now, lets just use the save or suck/dies that make caster supremacy a thing in the first place instead, also the ability to solve like every fucking problem with 15 minutes to study my book is completely uninhibited"
>>
>>54347951
>>54347934
Spellcasters are in charge of control. All this accomplishes is making them incompetent at that, when the ability of casters to solve things in combat was never the problem, just like martials don't need a damage boost. The reason spellcasters are considered overpowered isn't because of their power but because of their versatility and ability to obselete items and party members. Why do you need a Rogue when you have Knock? Why do you need an Everburning Torch when Light on a coin moved with Mage Hand can be dismissed immediately and carries no evidence of being a torch? Why do you need climb checks when Levitate exists? Is there ever a real need for towels and extra sets of clothing when Prestidigitation makes washing machines and driers weep? The problem has never been their power in combat, but their ability to obselete others outside of it due to the versatility of the spells with creative (or non-creative) applications.
>>
>>54348036
Any of those would be concentration, so it'd be only 1 spell. Martials wouldn't get guaranteed buffs so UMD and haste potions and the like would become god tier. Codzillas wouldn't be able to stack buffs, and even casting their best buff, if it's on themselves they risk losing it whenever they take damage. Also casters would get much more frail because no stoneskin, mirror image and so on unless they want to focus on survival.

>>54348116
I'm not trying to balance martials vs casters because that's fools errand. I want to make casters weaker and have some change to the game. Also
>Why do you need climb checks when Levitate exists?
with that houserule - climb would be handy if you want to keep concentrating on another, more useful spell.
>>
>>54348133
>CodZilla
>A PF thing
Please stop talking things about things you don't have any idea about, holy fucking shit.
>I want to make casters weaker
In doing so you're making martials weaker and giving casters less reason to help their party than before

Once again, stop talking about things you have no idea about and do not understand. Go back to 5e.
>>
>>54348031
>Monk squad
>All have armors
>>
>>54348133
>because that's a fool's errand
Then what are you attempting to accomplish? Simply making them annoying to play, weakening the entire party (esp. to martials)? Taking away all the spells that make casters cool instead of lolfireball lolglitterdust, lolFtS, Blindness? You're not making any sense.

>climb would be handy if you want to keep concentrating on another
Like what? Concentration makes most spells that require it worthless rubbish. BT and Cloudkill are now solidly mediocre. It STILL doesn't solve the issue of 'save or be finished off by the fighter, who still feels like he's stuck mopping up the mess'.

>CoDzilla
CoDzilla doesn't exist in PF you retard, Clerics and Druids are solidly worse than Wizards and Arcanists, and Clerics in particular are worse than their fucking spontaneous version.
>>
Is there a way of getting pounce by feats or by being human paladin?
>>
>>54348218
No and no, you don't need pounce anyways.
>>
Keep it up man, you're making the chink rage.
>>
>>54348229
Why is that?
>>
>>54348169
I play 3.5 mostly, since there's no 3.5 general I came to the second closest thing. And in the last game I ran druid buff stacking went to ridiculous levels.

Also I don't get why is everybody getting so angry about this, I literally stated in my first post that I didn't give any deep thought to the idea and asked for brainstorming and arguments you just go NO RETARD IT DOESN'T WORK!!! And I'm still unconvinced.
>>
>>54348242
Because you're literally not talking about the same game you autistic retard

>>54348235
Fucks sake is it kawase AGAIN?
>>
>>54348247
it's always the chink
>>
>>54348238
Pounce is basically an optimal thing, but in reality you don't need it to be an excellent melee combatant.
>>
>>54348184
Honestly its like Arcanist=Wizard, Sorcerer, Psychic, Shaman, Oracle, Druid, Alchemist, and THEN Cleric.
>>
>>54348247
I'm the one arguing against him dum-dum.
>>
>>54348258
Nah, cleric is still better than Alchemist
>>
>>54348242
Planar Shepherd doesn't exist in PF.
>>
>>54348277
Eh I've seen Alchemists pull off some bullshit that should make Clerics cry, but they're close either way.

Anyway we're debating which overpowered hunk of brokenness is stronger than another so who cares.
>>
>>54348271
But you're literally wrong, ching chong
>>
>>54348303
But alchemists aren't overpowered, they're mostly a mess of class that suffers from a shit-ton of nonfunctionality

Even compared to the Bard and Skald.

Now, preservationists are stupid strong, but thats because all summon monster X archetypes are stupid strong
>>
>>54348312
I mean, if you like 5e's concentration bullshit so much then why aren't you playing 5e? Even if you were to implement it, you'd have to rebalance fucking everything since PF doesn't really assume you're only allowed to cast one of Fly and Black Tentacles at a time, it's like removing magic items from the game, the game doesn't assume that's the case.
>>
>>54348342
Because PF has more classes to choose from
But you're still wrong, commie
>>
>>54348349
In this case the commie is right, the 5e/3.5 fag should go because they're literally talking about a different game.
>>
>>54348349
And none of the casting classes support fundamentally changing how spellcasting works so good job?
>>
>>54348353
>Commies
>Ever right
No.
>>
>>54348361
even a broken clock is right twice a day
>>
>>54348361
>using the "but he's hitler therefore he's wrong" argument unironically
It's like if I said cow dung tasted like shit, you would gobble it up and tell me how delicious it is.
>>
>>54348342
Because most of 5e is trash, but I actually like how the concentration works there.
>game doesn't assume that's the case.
That's the whole point of me asking, if I introduce the concentration the game will break - will it break in an interesting way and will it still be playable?
>>
>>54348372
That's right, commie scum.
>>
>>54345710
Animal companions are VERY flimsy at high levels.
>>
>>54348340
Tru dat, at first I got Monster Tactician and Summoner banned.. then Arcanist Occultist, then all the SMX archetypes, then the DM just banned all Summon Monster X spells period.

Good times.
>>
>>54348375
It won't break it in an interesting way, it'll break it in a boring way because player characters can now do less than ever, martials are weaker because they can't receive buffs, and casters are more supreme than ever because they're encouraged to use save or dies.
>>
>>54348375
Look, my position on these things is that almost any problem can be solved with good players and a good DM, but I don't think it will break in an 'interesting' way besides the Wizard falling off the cliff, knocking the fighter into the spiked pit below because they can't fly anymore. You'd need to rebalance the game entirely. Concentration being introduced for certain spells, I can kind of see, but there's no real reason summoning Black Tentacles which grapple on their own requires concentration, nor a reason why Fly should need concentration.
>>
>>54345710
Unless you have animal companion your mount dies of a poke

And yeah, if you have animal companion is just that, dungeons and indoors. But that can ve solved with a small race easily
>>
>>54348402
Assuming a game with "Only 1 spell with duration other than permanent can function at once" houserule, what spells would you intend to use and what your combat tactics would be?
>>
>>54348464
use shit with instantaneous duration, color spray et all

there's a lot of stuff out there like that.

So just use save or sucks save/dies and let the fighters mop up.
>>
I want to use a fan as my weapon! How?
>>
>>54348464
>Turning PF into 5E
Fucking get that cancer shit out of here.
>>
>>54348499
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/weapons/weapon-descriptions/fighting-fan/
>>
>>54348253
I'm an enlightened paladin btw, I'm not what you would call excellent at combat
>>
>>54348507
Ironically that will qualify you for pounce via feats

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/pummeling-charge-combat/
>>
>>54348464
It'd depend on the encounter, but Color Spray, Blindness, etc. It doesn't stop me from using save-or-sucks. It also makes Scorching Ray or Boneshaker fairly useful, given I can neither buff myself nor my allies.
>>
>>54348484
I'll look through the spell list but doesn't huge majority of save or sucks rely on duration? Hold monster, dominate, glitterdust and the like, you'd get one shot, and if it doesn't affect every enemy you must deal with it or cast it again (dispelling effect on all enemies) and hope they fail their saves this time.
>>
>>54348505
>he says in the thread for the most cancerous system out there
>>
>>54348542
5e is worse
>>
>>54348542
But we aren't in /5eg/, anon. You seem to be mistaken.
>>
>>54348540
But what you don't understand is that this weakens martials more than it does casters. Grease and Glitterdust don't do any damage, they're control spells, and neither tends to affect the entire encounter unless you're dealing with scrubs or people especially weak against that particular save. These control spells allow martials to actually win fights instead of struggling with everything because the other guy can see, he can walk, and he isn't suffering from less constitution after Cloudkill rolled through.

>>54348542
Go to /5eg/, I don't understand why you come to /pfg/ to talk about 5e.
>>
>>54348542
Then don't play it. Stick to 5E.
>>
>>54348553
>>54348561
>they say this unironically in a thread for a system that has KITSUNE
kys furries
>>
>>54348540
There's a lot that don't rely on duration

Besides this rule is so nebulous, i can understand having to concentrate for black tentacles, but for glitterdust? It just doesn't make sense
>>
>>54348570
>bounded accuracy

Wow I sure love that I'm barely better at my job than a commoner.
>>
>>54348540
All this does is encourage me to get bags of glass dust.
>>
>>54348570
>this legendary blade of kings, EXCALIBUR
>btw it's a +2 Longsword xDDDDD
>>
>>54348578
Hi chink, good to see you're still a brainless retard
>>
>>54348589
>implying i'm kawashitter
>>
>>54348570
Isn't your thread full of people who keep pushing negros everywhere even the negros too are against it just because of diversity and social justice?
>>
>>54348589
That isn't me :^)
>>
>>54348574
Yeah, so far I've got sprays, blindness, enervation, bestow curse. They don't get used THAT often in my games, so it'd be an interesting result of the houserule.

>i can understand having to concentrate for black tentacles, but for glitterdust? It just doesn't make sense
It happens for gameplay reason, you can always add bullshit to explain it later. For example glitterdust is magical shit that you keep from dissipating by concentrating - when you stop the dust disappears and no longer obscures vision.
>>
If a character was taking a full turn to cast a big SoP blast for /plot/ reasons, would taking any instances of damage instantly end the cast?
>>
>>54348608
your players are shit then, fuck off to 3.5
>>
>>54348540
>Retard who doesn't understand how the game works tries to rebalance it
WEW!
>>
>>54348608
>it happens for gameplay reasons
But the gameplay reasons aren't even good.

>enervation isn't used that often
First off you're not even playing PF are you? You're playing 3.5e, right? Enervation and Energy Drain were pretty solid debuffs in 3.5e and still are in PF, how are people not using these?
>>
>>54348613
Concentration checks are a thing.
>>
>>54348613
no, only if they fail a concentration check, spheres has those.
>>
>>54348613
Concentration Check.
>>
File: 1418829855089.jpg (113KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1418829855089.jpg
113KB, 800x800px
For a 6 LVL character (without using 3pp),
- how high saving throws should be, to be considered "very good"?
- how high AC should be to be considered "high" for a mid-to-front combatant?
- how high consistent (!) damage per round should be, to be considered "high" for a damage dealer? Excluding "novas" and something like "3/day, if stars are right"
- how high skill bonus should be, to be considered "high for a skill-monkey"?
>>
>>54348626
>>54348627
>>54348631
Righto, forgot about those.

Thanks lads.
>>
>>54348634
>how high should AC be
26-30 or so, I'd say the general rule is 16+2*level before level 10.

>saving throws
Higher than 12 at least; very hard DCs will be around 20 or so (HD/2 + 10 + Modifier) for that level.
>>
>>54348658
>26-30 or so

Jesus, either you're a munchkin, or my players aren't. They're all sitting at 20 or less.
>>
>>54348634
You am is doing math
- you am takings wizards and checkings levels 6 spells levels
- you am compute assume wisards hav max int and int itams per welth by levl
- you ams computes saves dc assume wisards have spell focs
- you ams computes if you can saves with averages rolls of tens
doings like that and character is very strongs like svens in dotas
>>
>>54348625
>You're playing 3.5e, right? Enervation and Energy Drain were pretty solid debuffs in 3.5e and still are in PF, how are people not using these?
It's anecdotal, I run for a few groups, people just happened not to pick the spell up.
>>
>>54348661
I mean you said 'very good' / 'high', I thought you were asking how strong you should be with some good minmaxing. It depends what you're throwing at them, really.
>>
>>54348661
you asked for munchkin'd numbers
>>
>>54348661
I want r pathfinder to leave
>>
Is a Kitsune's Magical Tail worth it if you can use magic already?
>>
>>54348686
It's fluffy.
>>
>>54348570
Doesn't 5e have those now? Could have sworn they did.
>>
What would make a Rogue viable? Is spellcasting the only real way?
>>
>>54348703
No, only elven dick girls
>>
>>54348661
I mean, full BAB for a monster with 8 HD would be +8, if it has 24 strength then it has +15 which means it hits someone with 30 AC 25% of the time.
As far as saves go, a level 6 Elven Wizard with a +2 Headband has a save of 19 on his Fireball, and a level 6 Elven Wizard is certainly not a CR 6 encounter.
>>
>>54348661
Are you giving magic items to your players?
>>
>>54348686
I don't think its ever worth taking there are just too many better things you can do with those feats.
>>
>>54348661
>20 ac at level 6

well they're gonna die.
>>
>>54348733
Yeah.

I've never seen ACs get that obnoxiously high until well after level 10.
>>
>>54348634
Saves: +10 and above for massively focused, +5-7 for average characters
AC: 18-24 or so, more with buffs of course
Damage: 15-40 depending on the character, it's BAB, full round or standard and weapon of choice
Skills: For a skill monkey that's nothing but +20 with stupidly high focusing, +12-16 or so if the guy isn't a Sleuth investigator
>>
>>54348661
How can a frontliner be at less than 20 at level 6? A set of Plate+1 gives you AC 19, a Ring of Protection +1 gives you 20, Dex 12 or higher gives you 21 since Plate+1 is also Masterwork by default.
>>
>>54348733
Probably not, this guy stinks of "gritty realistic low magic setting" full of custom house rules.
>>
>>54348661
My Umonk at 6th level had:
+5 from Dex
+3 from Wis
+1 from Monk
+3 from Barkskin
+1 from Dodge
+1 from magic item

24 AC, and didn't matter much because tough monsters still hit me frecuently as fuck
>>
>>54348748
>AC 18 at level 6
>for a frontliner
A fucking Wizard has at least AC 14 at level 6, going to 18 with Mage Armor and 22 with Shield if he brought a scroll.
>>
>>54348747
whats the fucking pointbuy?
>>
>>54348759
Get your party caster to blow a scroll of Mage Armor on you before you go fighting, it's cheap as shit and Mage Armor doesn't interfere with your Monk AC.
>>
>>54348769
Was thinking of a barbarian for the low because raeg and light armor.
>>
>>54348759
>Dex monk
>>
>>54348828
>unironically being a str cuck
lel
>>
>>54348773
>>
>>54348747
Roiling Oil is a CR 6 monster with +15 to its Slam attack (3d6+15 plus a debuff) and it doesn't even have full BAB progression. If your frontliners of all people can't dodge that then you're just about fucked.
>>
>>54348828
To be honest GM made weapon finnese use Dex for both attack and damage as an experiment. So I just wasted 1 feat
>>
>>54348847
Christ how do they not have 25+ AC at that level if they're trying, like, at all
>>
So, remind me, how did Path of War make DEXfags supreme?
>>
>>54348872
Because it gives a million options to put DEX to damage instead of STR, making STR effectively useless.
>>
>>54348868
I guess it /is/ my fault. I thought I was handing out items at the right pace.

Good thing they finished a job for a very wealthy man...
>>
File: 1424471314432.jpg (171KB, 658x616px) Image search: [Google]
1424471314432.jpg
171KB, 658x616px
>>54348748
>>54348663
>>54348658
Thank you. Especially for the formula, even if it's not precise

And this is not me, i.e. not the one who asked that question initially - >>54348661
>>
>>54348888
Is there a magic item market in your game? can player buy what they want instead of getting random magic items after encounters? That might be the reason, I was in a game like that and at 8th level we barely had like +1 weapon, +1 to AC from anything, and such, instead we had tons of useless crap like scroll of create water, wands of scratching nose, fans of wind, etc
>>
>>54348658
>26-30
Superfunny not a single iconic comes even close yet they pass the AP super easily
>>
>>54348953
Fuckin' aye, that's probably the issue, I was so wary about a magical-item-Walmart.

They're supposed to be dealing with a fight that could potentially TPK, so I think the guy they're working for will have a magical item shop in his little hidden base for them to re-gear before the fight.
>>
>>54348967
Yeah but Valeros dies once per battle and they all run out of spells after 2 encounters. They also likely get the 2nd worst ending possible and run away from a good chunk of random encounters.
>>
>>54348972
There's a reason the system makes you roll d100 and has a cap on what items players can buy in settlements.
>>
>>54348967
Iconics are shit tier awful
>>
>>54348990
d100 for what?

Shiet nig, I may have missed a serious rule.
>>
>>54348990
Yeah, because the designers are retarded, the game is balanced around the assumption that players have access to some key items, that being magic swords, armor, cloaks of resist, and stat boosters.
>>
>>54348988
>Valeros dies once per battle
>Still keeps with the rest of group in level
>>
>>54348997
Availability rules: When the player wants an item that isn't on the random rolled stuff they roll a d100 to see if it is there. 75% chance it is as long as it's below the base value limit.
>>
>>54349008
He participated in the battle so he got exp. I can imagine the shitlord dying by round 1~2 when they reach xin-shalast and have to deal with 5 rune giants at a time though.
>>
>>54349011
God damn it I'm a retard.

Players are gonna get given some rings and cloaks at the end of this dungeon they're currently in before they go deal with the mage fucking their lives up. Fuck I feel bad now.
>>
Speaking of Iconics, Remember those shitty audiobooks? I remember the terrible voice acting and how it felt like Ezren and Mersiel had a thing instead of that retarded Lesbian bullshit.
>>
>>54349021
What kind of Xin-Shalast you went to? Most rune giants we ever fought were two, both which had class levels and apparently one of those two was there because the GM thought that the final fight wasn't hard enough so it was colossal and Cr19 because of it.

Maybe it was just our 1 martial and 3 9th level casters party, but even then the fight wasn't that hard as it was long.
>>
>>54349053
Ours had rune giant patrols in groups of 6~8
>>
>>54349021
Anon, Resurrection removes a level
>>
>>54349095
Play the game first before you post here.
>>
>>54349106
"Resurrection
School conjuration (healing); Level cleric/oracle 7, shaman 8, witch 8; Subdomain divine 7, resurrection 7

CASTING

Components V, S, M (diamond worth 10,000 gp), DF

DESCRIPTION

This spell functions like raise dead, except that you are able to restore life and complete strength to any deceased creature.

The condition of the remains is not a factor. So long as some small portion of the creature’s body still exists, it can be resurrected, but the portion receiving the spell must have been part of the creature’s body at the time of death. (The remains of a creature hit by a disintegrate spell count as a small portion of its body.) The creature can have been dead no longer than 10 years per caster level.

Upon completion of the spell, the creature is immediately restored to full hit points, vigor, and health, with no loss of prepared spells. The subject of the spell gains one permanent negative level when it is raised, just as if it had been hit by an energy-draining creature. If the subject is 1st level, it takes 2 points of Constitution drain instead (if this would reduce its Con to 0 or less, it can’t be resurrected).

You can resurrect someone killed by a death effect or someone who has been turned into an undead creature and then destroyed. You cannot resurrect someone who has died of old age. Constructs, elementals, outsiders, and undead creatures can’t be resurrected."

You first
>>
>>54349106
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/r/resurrection/
>>
>>54349115
>>54349117
Permanent negative levels don't mean level downs moron, they're just a debuff that can be removed via restoration.
>>
>>54349129
>via restoration
Once per week, and you have 4 combats per day usually, so how does he keep in level with the rest?
Also "The creature is also treated as one level lower for the purpose of level-dependent variables (such as spellcasting) for each negative level possessed", yes, you count as having one level less on top of -1 to every roll and -5 HPs.

So again, if he dies in every combat, how does he keep with the rest of the group?
>>
>>54349145
Do I have to hold your hand every step of the way you babby?
Read the books and play the game. Solutions to these mundane concerns become apparent with experience.
>>
>>54349145
Have you ever played past level 3?
>>
>>54349159
Man, being so wrong is really affecting your brain. Next time before replying read the manual and spells, or at least read the conversation.
>>
>>54348967
Iconics always roll nat20 and enemies always roll nat1s.
>>
>>54348967
Iconics are also built like garbage. The level 7 stats would get steamrollered by a CR 8 encounter like the Yukionna (who is a shit-tier CR8), when EPL+1 isn't even a 'hard' fight according to the CRB.
>>
>>54349145
>The joke is the fighter is useless and dies in every encounter
>The joke is the negative effects of negative levels wont affect his usefulness to the party
Then you post that PCs lose levels when they get ressed, the reply is "no they dont" now you pull this limitation to restoration and act like it matters.

Again, have you played this game to a high level before? A few negative levels isnt so bad in this game, as long as valeros has less negative levels than his HD he will be fine. Really can't stand those debuffs? Pony up for a wand of death ward and spend your first action casting it.

Next thing you will claim is that PCs cant level up because of negative levels or have no way of being immune to the effects of negative levels. Use your fucking brain and learn the game before posting again moron.
>>
>>54349229
Death ward only grants you a save to negate effects, not outright removes the negative levels for the duration of the spell though
>>
>>54349286
>but it does remove the penalties from negative levels for the duration of its effect.
Thats why you pop it at the beginning of every encounter.
>>
>>54349218
I know, years ago I had a GM who used Iconics as the "optimized" guys, as templates for players to make optimized chars, if you went beyond he would tell you no. 4 billion TPKs later her realized his mistake.
>>
>>54349299
Meant doesn't.
And it grants you a save, you fuck the save (you're fighter, YOURE going to fuck that save) and it doesn't remove shit, you still have -X to everything and -5xX to HPs, and count as having X levels less for everything level dependent
>>
>>54349304
Iconics are the most basic of basic characters with one chosen theme and nothing else.
>>
>>54349318
Why are you so intentionally daft? The point of the spell is to temporary suspend the penalties of negative levels. What are you talking about saves for?
>>
>>54349318
Different phrases for different things, one is for death effects (doesn't) the other is for negative levels (does), unless it has FAQ'd.
>>
>>54349318
LOL what a fucking noob!
>>
>>54349318
Did you learn about PnP from reading order of the stick or some shit?
>>
>>54349470
OotS is dumb desu. I don't like the human Fighter being useful over the Dorf Cleric and Elf Wizard in what is obstensibly D&D3.5e.
>>
I've got a concept for Starfinder, but before I begin to puzzle it out I need to know; what are the Kasatha's attributes, and how do their second pair of arms work in the context of mechanics and action-economy?
>>
>>54349777
we literally dont know because we dont know the rules
>>
That's it, I'm going full crazy, going to be a Str Magus focused on rime spell and enforcer. Stats are 18, 14, 12, 18, 8, 12 at 5th level. Wish me luck.
>>
>>54349979
Good luck! Strength builds are the best in the system!
>>
>>54349990
Really? every build and recommendation about magus is Dex with Shocking grasp
>>
>>54349777
>and how do their second pair of arms work in the context of mechanics and action-economy?
They don't lmao.
You can just hold extra stuff with them and that's it.
You're still limited to two attacks per round like everyone else.
>>
GESTALT GODSLAYER CAMPAIGN FUCKING WHEN
>>
>>54350026
Not that anon but the joke is STR is garbo
>>
Would Rusty Dagger Shanktown be fixed by replacing your level 1 HP with your Con Score?
>>
>>54350095
No. A lvl 1 orc barbarian can do like 36 points of damage
>>
>>54350095
No.
>>
>>54350090
They have more AC at lower levels and better Reflx save overall (worst save though), but they also are 2 feats down
>>
>>54349979
enjoy that heavy armor you get at like level 13, kek
>>
>>54350081
NEVER
EVER
>>
File: 1480769240138.png (62KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1480769240138.png
62KB, 300x200px
guys, I'm depressed.

For my entire life I've been one of those "lolrandumb" players who was always doing stupid shit. Well, I'm trying to move on from that and have made a mostly serious character and I STILL can't stop doing stupid shit even though I'm trying not to. My character spent an entire combat face down in a pit because of a crappy decision on my part.

Basically, an adherer was at the bottom of a pit and the party couldn't do much. I was a Psychic Warrior with vigor up so what I did was cast Expansion then jumped down the pit and body splashed it. The up side was that I did take about 3/4s of its HP away (DM ruled that since I was armored I counted as a hard falling object, and my powerful build plus expansion made me a Huge falling object", the problem is I thought the pit was half as deep as it was, I ended up blowing through my temp HP, taking some real HP, and took more nonlethal damage than what I had left in HP.

I'm very disappointed in myself. Partly because I was trying to be smart and think out of the box (I assumed my temp HP would take up the fall then I would be in a better position), and partly because I told everyone I was trying not to be "that guy" and the DM said "Yeah, well we all know who's playing that character and we know it's only a matter of time".
>>
>>54350159
Not him but:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-armor/specific-magic-armor/celestial-plate-armor/

This beauty comes only way earlier
>>
>>54350195
Wow! His AC will only be total garbage until about 7th!
>>
>>54350226
>2 below Dex Magus
>Total garbage
Ok
Luckily enforcer combo will reduce enemies attack 2 so we're more or less equal once I land attacks
>>
>>54350255
>he thinks he's only two below dex magus
>he isn't even factoring in dex boosts
>>
Can I get Elves in heavy armor art? I'm having issues finding any. Male or female, doesn't matter.
>>
>>54350616
go to the fucking character art thread then
>>
File: PZO9013-Allevrah.jpg (112KB, 1028x1500px) Image search: [Google]
PZO9013-Allevrah.jpg
112KB, 1028x1500px
>>54350616
>>
>>54350616
There's a good one in Elves of Golarion near the alchemical archery section.
>>
>>54348880
>A million options
>exactly one feat for damage, one class capable of finessing anything, and to feats to make certain things finneseable
>"a million"
>>
>>54350697
>exactly one feat for damage

there's 3 different ones in 1pp, not to mention 3pp stuff
>>
>>54350717
>2 overtaxed, heavily restricted pieces of garbage that don't let you do things with your offhand
>a feat to finesse a non-finesse weapon??? that still has retarded restrictions

Wow, rad, and the implication was that PoW had a million options.
>>
>>54350773
You only need 1 option really
>>
So why did people like Anka and Cynn best in the Iron gods poll
>>
>>54350786
Old DA was better, desu. Shoulda just slapped the offhand shit if they were going to bitch about twf builds, then made THF it's own feat of they wanted to invalidate URogue and TWF
>>
>>54350948
realistically it costs an extra feat to do 1.5dex to damage with DA anyways so eh
>>
>>54350981
2 feats for Dex vs 0 for Str, but people will still bitch constantly because of feat taxes that don't even go far enough in most other areas, because it just serves to highlight how little support Str gets to do nice things from feats.
TWF is a complicated beast and it is not "it's #xDex".
>>
File: DEds1QBXYAAN22j.jpg (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
DEds1QBXYAAN22j.jpg
45KB, 600x600px
Would you ever play a flat character who wore boob plate armour to hide their flat?
>>
Is that chimera spirit discipline or whatever its called out yet? I want to try out new disciplines and I think the last few characters have been repetitive with all this focus on Fool's errand.
>>
>>54351160
chimera soul? still in playtest i think
>>
>when every which way you look at it your build idea just doesn't work

Just fucking kill me.
>>
>Hell's vengeance lost players again
Its been like 6 months and that group hasnt even gotten past book 2 yet. Hopefully the flakes were the ones that got kicked out.
>>
>>54350911
They've both got a great sense of character, Anka owing to her addiction feeling real and believable and Cynn owing to the fact that her writer pulled off the tactic of presenting a scene featuring the character for the app, something which rarely works out but is usually great if it does. Also, people want to fug Cynn. Maybe Anka too, I dunno, but addicts aren't my thing.

>>54351193
I feel your sorrow, lad. The best thing to do sometimes is to just scrape the idea wholesale, since after a certain point even if you find a way to twist the mechanics into something that kind of works the idea will have already soured in your mind.
>>
>>54351218
i mean

>every other week
>>
>>54351223
But the thing i'm strugging with is Cynn hahah
>>
>>54351363
What's her build, then? And what's the problem with her build?
>>
I want to use this in my game of quasi-19thth century England murderhobo simulator.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/weapons/firearms/modern-firearms/
The problem is that the system I'm using isn't Pathfinder, it's an OSR game called Adventurer Conqueror King, and the combat for firearms is taken from a western game called Boot Hill. Before I take this endeavor to my kitchen sink of a game, is there anyone here that's used this in anyway in standard Pathfinder games?
>>
>>54351131
No, the only time I would play that is if the boobplate had cultural significance, rather than merely personal appearance.

You know, like there was a legendary tribe of warrior-women whose breasts were so large they needed boobplate, and over time other women who became soldiers modeled their appearance after them.
>>
>>54351382
Construct rider would be the problem, i initially had the idea of using extracts on my construct but that doesn't ACTUALLY WORK meaning the reservoir discovery is actually useless so thats cool but then I also thought having my mount take martial training would be cool but I forgot that animal companions have gimped BAB to death.
So honestly at this point I keep trying to find another way to make the same thing work but wouldn't ya know it basically no where in pathfinder does a construct animal companion exist.

So I'm just kind of suffering now
>>
>>54351392
Used... Modern firearms? They're pretty strong, I'd go so far as to say them an excellent ranged weapon choice.
>>
>>54351223
>Addicts aren't my thing

I mean, even without her addiction she's still a busty, vibrantly-haired shallow bitch that's very attracted to handsome, strong, or otherwise powerful men.
>>
>>54351444
>meaning the reservoir discovery is actually useless

What? But I'm looking at the discovery right now and it says that the construct mount can apply a potion or extract in its reservoir to itself as a move action. If anything it seems to me like the problem would be having to wait until 6th level to be able to take that discovery.
>>
When are we going to get the RotJR harvest festival greentexts? Who hooked up with whom?
>>
>>54351577
Because the vast majority of extracts and potions like say, enlarge person, won't work on a construct.
>>
>>54348600
5e people post negroes because they hate blacks and as a form of trolling. Kinda like how people post BBC porn on /pol/.
>>
>>54351423
That's really autistic, you know? You're basically implying your character has no personally identifiable quirks, short comings, or temperments. She or he is entirely a product of their race or nation, with nothing to distinguish them from any other person from the same race/nation. This is their character.
>>
>>54351686
>BBC porn
The British Broadcasting Company has porn?
>>
Is there a list of +2Str/+2Int races out there?
>>
>>54351708
Big Black Cock.
>>
>>54351721
Yes.
>>
>>54348382
Are there any feats/features to fix this?
I'd kinda expect there to be a "make the PC the target for attacks aimed at their mount" somewhere in the piles of options.
>>
>>54351595
I want to know this too!
>>
>>54351599
You should ask the DM if the companion's Share Spells feature (which AFAIK the construct companion still gets) could apply to your extracts. If so, then it will allow you to ignore the creature type restriction on a lot of extracts and make the archetype and discovery function better for their intended purposes. I think it would be entirely reasonable. Or, if not that, see if the DM would be willing to work with you in some other way to make the archetype work better.
>>
>>54351810
>>54351595
Kill yourselves.
>>
>>54351824
Honestly the more I look at the character the more its problems are becoming evident mechanically. The systems just don't seem to work with the character as I want.

Which is great because I have exactly 0 character ideas
>>
>>54351698
Ascribing to certain aspects of another culture is itself a personally identifiable quirk, especially if you get into the meat of why they picked those particular aspects.
>>
Have you ever burnt an orphanage?
>>
Retraining question: I'm playing a swashbuckler6 in a guns heavy campaign (suicide, i know) and my teamwork feat partner has decided he's retaining out of the one I've convinced him to take so far. The question is, is there any reason i should take something other than Improved Called Shot (since it's explicitly allowed this time)? Next best option with what I've got is improved trip/disarm (because weapon finesse applies) or one of the starter feats like dodge, toughness, imp initiative, quick draw, etc.

>>54345710
Last campaign we were playing Kingmaker, me as a half orc ranger. I started off building into Stalwart Defender with snap shot, because there ain't no rule that i had to be melee. Ditched that three levels into SD because it wasn't working like I'd hoped. DM let me get a roc companion with the Beast Rider feat. Never took a single mounted combat feat, and so long as i had the roc take a single move or less, i took no penalty to my attacks (lol 80 foot fly speed). With Clustered Shots i was out damaging the Come And Get Me barbarian 90% of the time.
>>
>>54351835
Not before we get greentexts, you silly!
>>
>>54351738
I found 3, all 3pp, isn't there one 1pp? also something that isn't a two headed elf or a furry (the 3pp ones)?
>>
Is there a good undead race yet?
>>
>>54351887
>Paizo
>Pairing strength with intelligence

The two are mutually exclusive, you MEATHEAD!
>>
>>54351859
If the DM would let you take Eldritch Heritage (Sylvan), you could be a normal alchemist with an animal companion and fluff it as a cyborg wolf, maybe?

It probably still feels off though, doesn't it? I'd like to help you more but I'm not sure how to fix this either. It's a shame too, I like Cynn. I suppose you could just bite the bullet and deal with the fact that the archetype is kind of bad but use it anyway? I did that for Luthaya.
>>
>>54351956
why?
>>
>>54352003
Because Paizo are dumb? They have some major hangups about Strength being anywhere around Intelligence.
>>
>>54352003
Because str is a martial-only stat and martials can't have nice things.
>>
>>54351975
Its just mostly a mounting frustration, there's things i could do that would be a lot more effective mechanically and do what I want, but anything along those lines loses the heart of the character.

I'm just kind of lost on the character right now, I could bite the bullet but it just feels cruddy.
>>
>>54351975
>>54351859
Why don't you... I don't know, do as anon says and fluff a "normal" wolf as a machine dog, and over the course of Iron Gods you cybernetically enhance the D0GG-0?
>>
What makes the difference between an interesting hook/trait for a character and a boring one? Anka's addiction is interesting but I don't really understand what makes it so interesting. Is it the nature of the trait as something that envelops every aspect of the character? The fact that it's a realistic and relatable flaw? Are druggies just cool? Or is it not the trait itself, but the way the character was written?
>>
>>54351887
For 1pp, you've got a Dhampir variant (Jiang-Shi) and male Lashunta.
>>
>>54352052
>>54352052
>What makes the difference between an interesting hook/trait for a character and a boring one?
If it gets my peepee hard or not.
>>
File: IMG_0028.jpg (154KB, 500x1431px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0028.jpg
154KB, 500x1431px
>>54352052
How it motivates them and the GM can use it to move the plot forward.

Imagine someone who wants a mini-maid of each race. Plenty of material to work with to write a story and make them move towards things
>>
>>54352050
loss of heart of the character and loss of mechanical things I actually want to do.
>>
File: xRebvq2.png (803KB, 664x900px) Image search: [Google]
xRebvq2.png
803KB, 664x900px
>>
>>54352050
Because your "machine dog" can be poisoned, heal by pos energy, energy drained, paralyzed, repelled by anti-life shell.
>>
What kind of jobs would make sense as a form of retirement for an ex-pirate?
>>
>>54352052
Interesting hooks are those that add depth to the character, reasons for their doing a thing beyond the surface motivation. The smug girl using her haughtiness to mask naïveté, for example, or the flat-chested girl who pads her bra because she's insecure about her figure due to something or other from her youth.

People don't develop traits without a reason, answering the "why do they do this" is all you need to do to develop an interesting character.
>>
>>54352153
Fruit salesman
>>
>>54352130
Cute!
>>
>>54352153
Plantation owner.
>>
File: VhULf2S.jpg (197KB, 1280x830px) Image search: [Google]
VhULf2S.jpg
197KB, 1280x830px
>>54352175
>>
>>54352141
That's easy to fluff! OS errors or organic circuitry!
>>
>>54352199
Give her black hair and remove those cheek markings, and you've got Iomedae.
>>
>>54352033
I understand what you mean. When you get hyped up for an idea, it just completely kills the interest to deviate from that idea. When it comes down to it though, I think keep true to your original intent and the spirit of the character concept is worth having a suboptimal character for, because most games are ran as more than just a combat simulator and it's going to be the spirit of your concept that leaves a bigger impression on things than their numbers. That, and, a good DM will work with their players if the power level between PCs is uneven to try and boost up a weaker one some.

>>54352084
>>54352156
Okay, so good traits should provide secondary motivations/interests for the character, which the DM should be able to use to draw the character into the world or move the plot forward. But would you say all such traits are created equal? "Collects artwork" would be a trait that satisfies that definition, but it's not really a very interesting one. Is it because that trait doesn't connect with the character's backstory at all?
>>
File: 7QWrDKQ.jpg (714KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
7QWrDKQ.jpg
714KB, 900x900px
>>54352221
>>
>>54351859
Machine Kineticist Avant Guard?
>>
File: Z2Qtnpe.jpg (826KB, 900x1101px) Image search: [Google]
Z2Qtnpe.jpg
826KB, 900x1101px
>>54352226
>>
>>54352259
Is this just a generic demon or is it fanart of a character named 'demon'?
>>
What makes bladebound archetype so good? why so people pick it? I totally get Hexcrafter, that's the shit, but bladebound seems meh unless you're playing a game with random magic items adjudication
>>
File: 7lusK3A.jpg (143KB, 1024x713px) Image search: [Google]
7lusK3A.jpg
143KB, 1024x713px
>>54352301
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
What does your character's parents (jobs, attitudes, etc) say about your character's personality/attitude/viewpoints? Do they reinforce the theme of your character?
>>
>>54352222
Yeah, I dunno, i'll probably keep her as is.

Its just on my end i'm staring at it just like 'fuck, this is a mechanical disaster'
>>
>>54352308
Having an intelligent sword is cool, it blades the need to look for a magic sword, and idiots point at it and REEEE because they think an equally leveled fighter or regular Magus wouldn't have a similarly +1'd weapon
>>
File: 6kT7xLw.jpg (85KB, 800x1289px) Image search: [Google]
6kT7xLw.jpg
85KB, 800x1289px
>>54352321
>>
>>54352222
It needs to hook into the character's motivation and allow it to hook onto something else.

Going with collects art, maybe they were a wealthy person that wasted money on wealthy person things. After getting knocked down and having to adventure, they can't drop the habit and will look/loot art during quests.

The GM can use this to set up bait quests, where the PC might be motivated by loot and art, and they can push them towards moving the campaign forward
>>
>>54352308
Built-in character traits and backstory, the sword and what it is practically writes itself.
>>
What are some fun Kitsune builds?
>>
>>54352510
Oracle with Wrecking Mysticism is a classic.
>>
>>54352419
Okay, that seems sensible. It's basically like saying a good trait/motivation should tie into a character's past (why they have this trait) and present (how it influences their actions now). That's what I had been thinking, at least.

Out of curiosity, how would you rank these five traits against each other? Why do you think the best one is the best and the worst one the worst?

>Collects art, because they use to be rich and they still cling to the habits of decadence
>Helps half-orcs, because they did something awful in the past to a half-orc and now feel burdened with a need to atone
>Hunts someone, because they were terribly wronged and want revenge
>Wants to be a masterful chef, because their family's secret recipes are a strong living connection they have to their dead parents
>Trains/teaches others, because they're old and know their time in the limelight has passed but want to make sure the next generation will be ready
>>
>>54352419
>The GM can use this
Out of ALL the games I'm in, I've had a GM use anything from my backstory exactly once. And that was a one-off mention during the final session of the campaign. "Oh yeah, and that thing your character was searching for? They found it. Congrats."

And it's the same for other players. I've never seen a GM use anything from any of the players backstories. Just take a look at the currently running games. Have the GMs even once used a single "hook" presented in their pick's backstory?
>>
>>54352638
>>54352206
> organic circuitry!
That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

Fuck, even then a construct constructed from Organic materials is still immune to all that stuff.
>>
>>54352638
Only the shit ones don't.
> Just take a look at the currently running games. Have the GMs even once used a single "hook" presented in their pick's backstory?
Because most people play AP's so a fitting character already has their "hook" come up regularly assuming the campaign traits were worth a good goddamn.
>>
Iron Gods reviews when?
>>
Are Ninjas good, or are they always shit?
>>
>>54352709
UCMonk is pretty much objectively better.
>>
>>54352709
Strictly better rogues
>>
>>54352709
they can deal tons of non lethal damage.
>>
>>54352684
And the non-AP games? Fluffy Tails, PLD, Chalice, Rhuase, Essentia, just to name a few off the top of my head.
>>
>>54352510

I've been meaning to try and put together a scary Vigilante with Gruesome Shapechanger-leap out of the shadows, hit them with a presence debuff, and then explode into a new shape with a shower of gore to make them all sick.
>>
>>54351887
Male Lashunta are +Str/+Int/-Wis.

>>54351956
>>54352016
>>54352031
stop being dumb
>>
Ok so I want to try out Arcane archer magus but give him a gun. Wat gun should I use?
>>
What household jobs are suitable for a tiefling in not!Eastern Roman Empire?
>>
>>54352814
>Wat gun should I use?
If advanced firearms are available, Rifle.
>>
>>54352824
Cocksleeve
>>
>>54352510
Sage Sorcerer with a Bloodline Familiar, then go full Enchantment Sorcery.

>but anon what about the bloodline(s) that boosts enchantment?
Still worse than getting Int-based sorcery and all the shit that comes with it, your DCs will be just fine without it and you'd better be taking other spells to round out your Spells Known list anyway because you WILL fight things that no-sell enchantment spells.

Alternatively: Anything that relies on Dex but not Strength, like URogue.

>>54352709
Better than core rogue, pretty shit compared to URogue. If you can get your DM to duct-tape URogue's addons to Ninja it's pretty nice. I still don't think Everyman's Unchained Ninja is very good.
>>
>>54352786
I don't really know about those.

I can say from personal experience most of my GM's have made a token effort to include backstories in some fashion to the campaign plot. In one campaign they pretty much drove the plot. I didn't know that was a "weird" thing.
>>
>>54352706
never, the age of reviewanons is over
>>
>>54352824

Cook.

>in-built fire and ice resistance.
>>
>>54352814
I hope you mean Eldritch Archer, anon.
>>
>>54352831
Can I still operate my rifle while grappled and stuff? I can't really tell if these things need both hands free.
>>
>>54352824
Pyre log
>>
>>54350185
I had a knight once, in 3.5. It was my attempt at making an actual tank, per se, before i realized mind affecting abilities fucking suck because half of everything is immune to them. Thats neither here nor there though.

This was a one-shot campaign, so its not like there were real stakes or anything. But the issue is, my character ended up paralyzed near the start of the session. And stayed that way for the majority of the rest of it. Luckily, one of our members finally found a potion to deal with it, but my character was still literally dead weight on the party, despite the fact i was supposedly the tank.

That guy moments aren't always voluntary.
>>
anyone mind hooking me up with unchained gunslinger?
>>
>>54352824
Cooking and cleaning, and if the Tiefling is attractive than a bedwarmer.
>>
>>54352908
No, you need 2 hands.
>>
File: unchained gunslinger.pdf (415KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
unchained gunslinger.pdf
415KB, 1x1px
>>54352986
Sure thing fampai.
>>
Are there any 3pp rules for androids that give the race more variety?
>>
File: 5pm.jpg (40KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
5pm.jpg
40KB, 500x281px
its 5 o clock somewhere guys
>>
Any point in picking up Augment Summon as a Druid in a gestalt game?

I thought I wanted to pick up Craft Wondrous Item to save on money during chargen then I realized that Augment Summon has a feat tax of Spell Focus Conjuration.
>>
>>54352638
My GM actually had me fight the brother of my commanding officer that I killed during my desertion. We're visiting a party member's family for the third time, and birth previous trips were pretty nice. Another party member just got a letter, and the contents were not good, as she tore up the letter and stormed off. Goddamn, is it nice when the GM cares.
>>
>>54353137
summoning is really strong and makes you a piece of shit
>>
>>54353134
I'm still trying to figure out the perfect flavor and backstory for my character! But I don't want to hit the booze yet.
>>
>>54352684
But then why do people hate campaign traits so much?
>>
>>54353134
Drinking as soon as I wake up is not a good idea, as much as last minute hange cancellation makes me WANT to drink.
>>
>>54353214
Because the campaign traits are never hooks past maybe the first three sessions.
"Looks like you did the thing you wanted to do! It would be a shame if you were railroaded into the rest of the AP without knowing why you care."
>>
>>54353134
I'm tempted to drink before a job orientation on Tuesday, just a beer or two to steady the nerves.
>>
are there any feats I can take for dex to damage with guns?

I really want to use guns but I neither want to take the 5 level dip in gunslinger nor play the gunslinger itself.
>>
>>54353333
3 level dip in trench fighter
>>
>>54352592
1 and 3 combo well, as do 2/4/5.

In fact, you can mix them all l, in a way
>Rich person doing rich person things
>Betrayed/attacked by someone/!some group
>Down on their luck, only the other poor meta-Humans helped him out
>Wants to help out, uses their rich person skills
>starts digging their way back up, finds opportunity for revenge and starts taking it
>>
HIGH POWER GESTALT MONSTER RACE GAME WHEN?
>>
>>54353394
it already happened and was called DAA and Overlewd

god fuck off already
>>
>>54353394
Actually fuck off
>>
>>54353350
Fuck me thats a smaller dildo but its still headed straight up my asshole all the same.
>>
>>54353394
t. Startoad
>>
>>54353173
What are you applying to?
>>
>>54353420
At the very least it comes with two bonus feats. That'll help with the ranged/gun feat taxes.

Also note that if you have Guns Everywhere as your campaign setting gunslingers get dex-to-damage at first level.
>>
>>54353445
But if it was Startoad, it'd also have 'BUT NOT TOO POWERFUL EVEN THOUGH I'VE GIVEN YOU ACCESS TO ALL THE TEMPLATES POSSIBLE'
>>
>>54353466
Its the iron gods campaign so its just commonplace. I guess I'll suck it up and stick to the boring old bow.
>>
File: 1442621310074.jpg (210KB, 1134x629px) Image search: [Google]
1442621310074.jpg
210KB, 1134x629px
>>54353394
Only after we make the High Power Godslayers Campaign!
>>
>>54353479
I really want Iomedae to die horribly
>>
None of this will happen because nobody wants to run it. If you want it, run it.
>>
>>54353483
I'd settle for killing Sarenrae and eating her portfolio desu.
>>
New thread
>>54353539
>>54353539
>>54353539
>>54353539
>>
>>54353456
Carnal Crown, and I think I just had a breakthrough development. I'm going to use the Accursed story feat, so I need to come up with a fitting curse for my character (a skinwalker). Do you think this seems appropriate?

Curse of the Night-Beast
When exposed to moonlight, the skinwalker's body forcibly shifts to its bestial form. The skinwalker can resist this effect, maintaining their normal form, but is sickened for as long as they do so. Additionally, when in their bestial form (whether under moonlight or not), the skinwalker loses some part of themselves to the animal within, becoming prone to more animalistic behavior and instinct.

The second part of the curse has no real mechanical effect because I haven't thought of a mechanical way to represent "behaves more like an animal" without just becoming an NPC, so it's pretty much just an RP thing with some minor lewd potential. The first part is something I assume should come up pretty often in an AP like Carrion Crown, but the lack of a real (by which I mean mechanical) downside to just staying in the bestial form makes me worried this curse doesn't really do anything. Of course, I don't want to go too far in the other direction by making a curse that gimps the character.
>>
>>54353626
I like the flavor and I love the RP potential the Curse presents, but I just can't see it being fair (as you can see too) without presenting the animalistic tendencies as a genuine problem.
>>
I don't suppose anyone have / are willing to share the Pathfinder Legends Curse of the crimson throne, Audio plays ?
Thread posts: 387
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.