[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What tabletop RPG system(s) work well for cheeki breeki Slav

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: Blowout_soon.jpg (32KB, 814x294px) Image search: [Google]
Blowout_soon.jpg
32KB, 814x294px
What tabletop RPG system(s) work well for cheeki breeki Slav adventuring in the STALKER and/or Metro settings? The first thing that comes to mind for me is Delta Green but I've never had the chance to play it, so I'm not sure how fun DG's mechanics are.
>>
>>54343007
If you don't want to go full GURPS or Phoenix Command Tier Delta Green/ call of Cthulhu is a good choice.

>percentile role under
> freaky supernatural shit
> modern day-ish setting and equipment
> deadly combat
> Play characters are just plebs who just know better than the average person

Delta Green like a good choice. That maybe dark heresy if re-skin and cut a fair bit of content (the psychic mishap works well for anomalies)

The combat feel appropriately tactical and deadly enough to feel realistic without being full blown "simulatist"

If that's too complicated for you there's a decent savage worlds fan adaption if you like to play things fast and loose. It's okay but the heroic plup play style might be going against the general tone.
>>
>>54343007
There's an official STALKER rpg if you don't mind diceless: http://www.rpgnow.com/product/100243/STALKER--The-SciFi-Roleplaying-Game
>>
File: 1487899527590.jpg (116KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1487899527590.jpg
116KB, 1024x768px
>>54343007
>>54346260

GURPS with supplements is best
>>
>>54346427
This one.

At least for my group, the lack of dice made the game a lot more intense, as one could never just rely on having a high number at some skill. Everything had to be planned properly and it really felt like we had to pick our fights.
>>
>>54346625
Yeah I've heard it's one of the best diceless games available. Granted that's not a pretty big category to be the best at, but it's something.
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 200x301px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 200x301px
>>54346686
>Yeah I've heard it's one of the best diceless games available. Granted that's not a pretty big category to be the best at, but it's something.

I've looked into a couple out of interest and yeah barely qualifiers as games, but there's a couple.

The Grandaddy of them all Amber diceless has a lot more for it then people give a credit for. There is an stong element of tactical planning.

The discontinued Marvel universe is probably the best example of what an actual dicelesscombat focus game looks like. Which is based on secret bids and resource management.
>>
>>54347512
I'm still interested in diceless games, but I tried running Active Exploits and had an awful time. The rules never properly explain how you handle skill rolls outside of combat which are 99% of my situations in my games.
>>
>>54347854
Well there's a reason they are not popular. You need sense of their being an "impartial arbitrary" with conflict resolution.

Stuff like "player bid" and "descriptive bonuses" can work but they're not as fast and loose as a simple die roll die.

Amber Diceless *because* it has no dice roll is actually a lot more complicated then most RPGs. Every situation bonus and penalty is meant to be taking in account, added up and weight before the end result is given.

That's why a lot of the popular narrative RPG tend to be "diceless with die" sort like fate or trails of Cthulhu. Where there is still an actual dice roll but it's so heavily influenced by player action and "meta currency spends" there is little actual room for random chance to effect the outcome.

Hell even the stalker RPG with occasionally tell the GM to roll a D6 to decide the outcome of random events. Even if the core resolution system itself is fully diceless.
>>
File: 1458026182640.jpg (23KB, 318x307px) Image search: [Google]
1458026182640.jpg
23KB, 318x307px
>>54343007
had a GM run it using Only War / Dark heresy, ruleset, it worked really well, would recommend
>>
>>54343007
Consider looking at traveller. It's not super crunchy for a sci-fi game but it handles everything you need to handle for a stalker game. Combat is quick and lethal and rewards fighting smart and dirty. There's like five or six editions. I'm partial to classic traveller or Cepheus engine, which is an open game license version of classic.
>>
>>54343007

describing the kind of game you are looking for and what sort of elements from metro and stalked you want to bring in would be helpful.

like do you want managing hunger, water, health, and radiation to be important and represented in the mechanics?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.