[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need help with boat, fast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: boat.jpg (27KB, 790x520px) Image search: [Google]
boat.jpg
27KB, 790x520px
I'll keep it brief; accidentally (massively) overpaid my players on an earlier adventure and solved it by having them drunkenly buy a boat.
They spent a total of 6,000 GP, so how good of a boat should they get keeping in mind that it has to make up for them suddenly losing 6,000 GP between missions to keep them from destroying the ingame economy.
We're running 5e if that helps.
>>
>>54340202
congratulations, you are an idiot.
Boat prices are in the DMG.
But since you are a lazy fuckwit and I like boats, here:
Keelboat (small sailing ship) 3k gp
sailing ship 10k gp

so your players either bought the fanciest keelboat in the area, perhaps from an emperor, noble or king, or they bought a 'fixer-upper' junker of a sailboat that probably is barely floating and needs at least 5k gp of work to be a functional sailboat. The second is more likely, especially if its in danger of sinking, is in a shipyard on land, or has debt collectors after the owner.
>>
>>54340423

I don't play dnd, but wouldn't it be reasonable that there'd be something inbetween those two options? Say a single-mast cutter?

That said the most obvious solution to me seems to be that they bought a full-sized vessel but they got it cheap because it's haunted or cursed or some other thing that would require a group of murderhobos to solve before it can be leveraged as an asset.
>>
>>54340423
>its in danger of sinking, is in a shipyard on land, or has debt collectors after the owner.
Sounds like a good plot hook to me
>>
>>54340423
They could've just bought a regular, functional boat and have been ripped off in the process? Lkie a Trabbacolo or another type that isn't really meant to cross the open waters, but that's perfectly servicable in lagoons and along the coast?

If they bought a keeboat (which is apparently a river boat of some sort), they probably bought something that's meant to be sold for scraps as those usually didn't make the trip upriver again.
>>
>>54340202
What system?
>>
>>54340954
Considering OP said they are playing 5th, I would say D&D
>>
>>54340202
Perhaps have them transport stuff up the river, have that stolen by pirates and so have them in trouble by owning people money? As a way of lowering their funds a bit deeper
>>
>>54340659
I like this guy's idea.
>>
>>54340423
>congratulations, you are an idiot.
holy shit, so rude
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.