[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nasuverse General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 366
Thread images: 32

File: fategrand-order-android.jpg (301KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fategrand-order-android.jpg
301KB, 1920x1080px
...I guess.

So I saw that there was a Nasuverse thread a couple of days ago and I missed the boat, work and all that, so why not start another one?

>What system would you use for this setting?

Looking at the Nasuverse finding a system for it seems pretty damn easy given that the magic is pretty much freeform magic slightly constrained by magical tradition and combat is pretty much cinematic kung-fu action. So something in the realm of Ubiquity seems to be pretty fine for these purposes.
>>
>>54339583
>What system would you use for this setting?
Anima beyond fantasy is either nasuverse the rpg or berserk the rpg based on if its high or low power
>>
Why people call those Nasu generals when Fate is the only thing people care about?
>>
>>54339623
Personally I enjoy Kara no Kyoukai more, but I do find that I like a lot of the stuff on display here. I wish that they'd translate Mahōtsukai no Yoru already.
>>
>>54339583
If you want to take about Fate, put that in the subject. Don't say "Nasuverse" but then put an image for F/GO (which, lets be real, Fate is all people care about on /tg/)
>>
>>54342966
Mahoyo is actually my favorite thing to come out of Type-Moon. I'll admit that Strange Fake has caught my attention and Hollow Ataraxia is pretty good.
>>
>>54342966
i like battle moon wars
>>
>>54339623
>>54342966
>I'm going to complain that no one is discussing Turkeyhandle but not start any discussion

Okay.
>>
>>54343052
>turkeyhandle
You mean Princess Sales?
>>
So Since babbage is a servant now, y'think alan turing is one?
He was a computing pioneer like babbage and also did some heroic things during WW2 by creaking the enigma code.
>>
>>54344025
knowing his luck he'd be interpreted as a horrifying clockwork spider thing
>>
>>54345333
I wouldn't mind that.
What would his skills be?
>>
File: scared snake.png (314KB, 500x607px) Image search: [Google]
scared snake.png
314KB, 500x607px
>>54345333
>gay horrifying mechanical spider that breathes cyanide as a noble phantasm
>>
>>54345343
item creation: c-b+++
mind's eye:fake (maths) b
>>
>>54345389
well we already have a mechanical spider with a lion head in strange fake that has fucking stealth camo and can absorb technology.
>>
Anyone want to prattle on about servants?
How about Marco Polo? D or E in all stats, EX Noble Phantasm; his NP "trades" stats or other attributes with other servants it affects.
Or how about the original Marathon runner?
>>
>>54339583

Honestly, system would depend really what type of game I was actually going to run. Even if you narrowed it down to "Fate", there's like half a dozen different variations on the HGW in official media, let alone a GM putting his own spin on it. Plus TM/Nasu works are a fucking tangle of continuities and IIRC from some of these earlier threads some works' settings are basically mutually exclusive.

I've heard good things about the new edition of UA, but I need to actually take some time to study it.
>>
File: 1467023403329.png (423KB, 508x581px) Image search: [Google]
1467023403329.png
423KB, 508x581px
>>54339583
Just remember that TOHSAKA RIN PLEASES OLD MEN FOR MONEY
>>
>>54346636
Ohohohohohohohoho~
>>
>>54345705
>italian
>steals things

ok it fits
>>
Has anyone here actually attempted to run/play a Holy Grail War? I was part of one based in Fuyuki where the PC's just controlled the Masters and gave their plans of action to the GM, who then had them interact with other players. The whole game was structured into "turns" that would last around a week, due to the GM having to ask the players on how they react to making contact with the others, and at the end, they would get a snippet of news that would tell them about major incidents in the city.

One of said events was the Caster pair blowing up a hotel a la Kiritsugu, while another accidentally let a bunch murderous amphibian humanoid creatures loose into the city at large.

Was really fucking fun, all things considered. Sadly, I don't think the GM is going to continue doing stuff like it for some time, since the last time they updated was months ago.
>>
>>54346636

GEM MAGECRAFT IS EXPENSIVE YOU K-

Actually, Luvia would know. In fact, in Prisma she pays Rin to be a maid in her mansion.

Whatever, Rin's a goddess now. What are you, ojou hair?
>>
>>54346884

Technically Rin is two goddesses.
>>
File: 1449999898243.jpg (2MB, 3456x2328px) Image search: [Google]
1449999898243.jpg
2MB, 3456x2328px
>>54346636
hatesex when?
>>
>>54346745
just play a game of catan with action figures
>>
>>54343052
Tbh what there is to discuss in Turkeyhandle in these days.
>remake is stuck in a deveploment hell that it probably isn't going to leave anytime soon
>best girl's va died from japanese cold a year and half ago
>>
>>54347267
Wait what? Who was the one who died?
>>
>>54347357
Hisui's Seiyuu.
>>
>>54346636
Luvia go to bed.
Stop harassing your superiors.
>>
File: 1446674274915.png (781KB, 1116x903px) Image search: [Google]
1446674274915.png
781KB, 1116x903px
>>54347416
Everyone knows this is Luvia's endgame.
>>
>>54346894
So Luvia gets to bang two goddesses?
>>
File: 1480561526385.jpg (353KB, 1338x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1480561526385.jpg
353KB, 1338x2048px
>>54347500
No sane individual would ever want to fuck Ishtar. You have a bad habit of dying if you do.
>>
File: ereshkigal expressions.jpg (707KB, 1910x2048px) Image search: [Google]
ereshkigal expressions.jpg
707KB, 1910x2048px
>>54347524
What about banging her cuter sister instead?
>>
File: 94ef41f71832de53fd1e1758a5a069f6.jpg (519KB, 900x1271px) Image search: [Google]
94ef41f71832de53fd1e1758a5a069f6.jpg
519KB, 900x1271px
>>54347524
>that face

Eurrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.
>>
How come there aren't any more African Servants?
>>
File: Eor2_caster.png (270KB, 350x496px) Image search: [Google]
Eor2_caster.png
270KB, 350x496px
>>54347657
>Implying Japan knows anything about brown people beyond that they make exotic waifus
>>
File: smiling priest.jpg (141KB, 640x582px) Image search: [Google]
smiling priest.jpg
141KB, 640x582px
>>54345389
>>
>>54339583
For a game non-fate related on Nasuverse, the system I found that felt pretty good to play around is the one on heavens-feel.com
It's a mix of the Buffy rpg with elements of WoD, and mixed in with tons of custom qualities and interesting mechanics. The game I ran for a few weeks had a good flow going through it, even if most of the players had little idea of what the Nasuverse was.
>>
>>54347657

There aren't even any arabian ones. Which when you consider all of the myths and legends from that area is kind of odd.
My theory is that Nasu couldn't have any of them in because it would then raise the question of "Well, why are we fighting over this nebulous maybe wishing engine that is the Grail instead of just summoning the Djinni of Alladdin or any number of other tales and making a wish?"

It makes the supposed endgame of what's going on in Prismiylla even weirder when you consider the best thing that guy over there could come up with was Pandora's box as his wish machine.
>>
>>54348239
>There aren't even any arabian ones
Hassan-i-Sabbah doesn't count?
>>
I shamelessly ripped of Zelretch as an npc in my world

I don't even plan on people to run into him, but he's there somewhere
>>
>>54348398

Yeah, but where's Ali-Baba? Where's Sinbad? Abdul Alhazred? Shazerade? Zayn-Al-Asnam? The Cobbler? Ali? Hussain?

It's literally just him. Even in things like FGO with it's vastly inflated castlist we still haven't seen any other arabian servants, and NOTHING from 1001 nights.
>>
>>54348595
One theory from a while back was that it's because the Grail is Christian, has a mind of its own, and (via the Crusades) flat out refuses to register spirits that are 'heroic' by ardent Muslims.
The Hassan loopholed this because enough non-Muslims were either terrified by or respected them.
>>
>>54348622

Thing is, the Grail ISN'T christian. It's a magic construct hashed together by Zelretch, Gramps Matou and Tousaka. It had some semi-sentience when it got corrupted by Angry Manjuu, but the thing summons pagan heroes all the time without problems. It shouldn't even have allowed the summoning of protestants or jews if that was the case.

My theories run like this:

1: Like Pandora in the PrisymIylla Alt Universe, 1001 nights and all of it's associated stories simply don't exist in the Nasuverse.

2: Those heroic spirits associated with the Mythos are too powerful for the grail to summon.

3: The 1001 nights pantheon has been sequestered somehow, possibly via a Djinni wish.

4: Not a single figure in that mythos died in such a way as they would want to enter the Grail System.
>>
>>54348595
>Shazerade
She's in FGO now. Here >>54347725

I'm just gonna guess that Arabic myth/history is relatively alien to the game's creators, and that they don't think that Arabic myth is relevant to their target market who would primarily be familiar with European/Greek/American myth and history

Exceptions of course would be Karna, Arjuna, Rama and Sita, but I think Karna's appearance in Apocrypha kind of opened the floodgates. And on that note, you'd think Biblical figures would be more frequent, given the importance of Christianity to world history.
>>
Michael when?
>>
>>54348595
>>54348723
>Exceptions of course
Meant how Indian myth figures are somehow more prevalent than Arabic figures, despite also probably being "relatively alien"
>>
>>54348719
Anon, the Fuyuki Grail is fake and was copying from another artifact.
The real Grail is part of the Throne of Heroes.
Consider for a moment that only Christian Saints can be Rulers (Amakusa is an anti-saint, he counts).

>>54348752
Indian myths are introduced into Japan through Buddhism.
>>
File: 0024.jpg (197KB, 641x480px) Image search: [Google]
0024.jpg
197KB, 641x480px
>>54342995
I want to like Mahoyo, but nobody translated it and it features an Aoko who is very not at all like herself in any respect, including visually.
>>
>>54348740
Michael who?
>>
>>54348595
>Shazerade
She's in FGO, introduced in Argatha. Sinbad Alibaba appears in her animations, thus we can guess he may not be real.
I hate that I rolled her instead of Wu Zetian, which was who I was going for. At least I got NP2 Penthesilea
>>
>mfw I am on a rooted Chinese phone
Google SafetyNet can go fuck itself. I just wanted to play FGO, but noooo
>>
>>54348938
The archangel
>>
I was in a play-by-post Fate game that obviously got dumb fast, but I'm still proud of what I did. I made Isaac Newton as a Caster, with the apple he found being the Apple of Discord. Upon seeing it fall, not only did he understand gravity, but he literally saw how it worked- the stage mechanics behind the curtains, so to speak. So I gave him the apple as one NP- specifically, a gigantic one that falls like a meteor and deals catastrophic damage- and his Principia Mathematica being a book that let him fuck with the laws of physics, gravity, and thermodynamics.

How do you turn your non-legendary figures into servants?
>>
>>54349279
Due to the rules, not technically possible. He's the closest thing to god in christian mythology, meaning his divinity is to high to be summoned.

There are cases where things with high divinity are summoned, but the cases are almost always weaker than the real deal.

Heracles is half human, artemis wasn't actually summoned but wedged her way in as part of summoning orion, suzuka gozen loses her qualifications to be a heroic spirit if she uses her third swords ability for too long.

An actual angel isn't possible to be summoned because its a literal divine construct.
>>
>>54349279
>>54349399
How fucked up would the grail have to be to summon Jesus?
>>
>>54349431
I think his divinity would be too high, unless we got Jesus Lily somehow.
>>
>>54349431
To summon jesus? Thats plausible. He'd probably be a saver class like buddha.

His divinity is really high, but he's basically a demigod. So around the same level as heracles.

By the same token as the buddha though, he'd probably only ever get summoned in the moon cell grail wars.
>>
>>54349431

You'd be unable to, unless you changed his canon pretty hard. 100% god is kinda a defining part of him and the grail can't summon full gods.
>>
>>54349399
Sure an angel can't be summoned but if Nasu wants a character in he'll make up some loophole and throw it in.

We've had plenty of characters break established rules ever since F/SN

>No Japanese servants
EMIYA
>Assassins have to be Hassan
Sasaki
>Servants have to die to be summoned
Arturia
>Only 7 servants are summone
Oh hey this guy was left over from the last war
>Hercules has all these lives and no matter how powerful the attack he'll only die once and then be immune to it
Caliburn miracle killing him 7 times over
>Gods can't be summoned
Well I want some gods in so they decide to show up anyways
>You need to have some desire for the grail
Rulers
>You need to be from this planet
Altera

If Nasu wants Michael in Michael will go in
>>
>>54349465
ignoring stheno, euryale......
>>
>>54349486
To be fair, they're demigods like Heracles. On the god scale, they're much more manageable. Compare them to hero deities like Zhuge Liang.
>>
>>54349376
By turning them into young waifus, of course. Pecos Bill for instance is stereotypical anime cowgirl, most likely with an American flag bra.
>>
>>54349501
stheno and euryala are not demigods in nasu.
They are full blown gods, they are just so shitty gods that they are stronger in the servant form
>>
>>54349468
Rulers aren't the same. They specifically are chosen for the job to act as a neutral party specifically BECAUSE they don't have desire for the grail.

As for the rest of that, none of it actually breaks the rules outright besides koujiro, and medea literally has a weapon called rule breaker. Out of all of those, thats the one you should worry about least.

And altera not being from earth was some shit extella made up afterward anyways.
>>
>>54349431
Nasu has actually stated that Jesus would have a Divinity EX+++ ranking or something dumb like tat, which makes him impossible to summon. He also said he would have a reality marble the size of 'absolutely everything', the ability to 'remake everything as he sees fit', and an 'infinite mana source'...
In short, not only is he ineligible, he'd be the single most broken character that Nasu has ever mentioned.
>>
>>54349520
Actually, anything where the counterforce is involved can basically be written off as "Some shit is being stupid and we sent something to stop it"
>>
>>54349527
>In short, not only is he ineligible, he'd be the single most broken character that Nasu has ever mentioned.

DEUS VULT! Pagans BTFO
>>
>>54349520
>And altera not being from earth was some shit extella made up afterward anyways.
Extella was supposed to be the first thing she showed up in but either it for delayed or she got pushed into GO because they needed a new saber. She was always going to be this weird alien thing from another solar system intent on wiping out all life on the planet

Regardless, if Nasu wants a certain character in he will put it in, if it contradicts some rule or statement he made earlier he either won't care or come up with some single line for that person to say so he can go "see I'm not breaking a rule it's just not following it!" Because Nasu is very good at leaving little loopholes in everything he writes so he can exploit them later on
>>
>>54349567
I feel like it's more he words things so open endedly or never even goes into it that allows him to develop 'loopholes' aka retcons.
>>
How would you go about doing Mana Transfers?
>>
>>54349515
The Shinrei/gods definition is contrived and you know it. Medusa is explicitly called a demigod, Stheno and Euryale not being labeled as such is because the writer was a hack. In Grand Order, the allegedly Shinrei Stheno didn't even have Kennou, which is a god's defining ability in the Nasuverse.
>>
>>54349431
>>54349527
...Shit, now I kind of want to see him written up, just for shits and giggles. Actually, we could probably do that since Nasu will never do anything official with him.

So what would Jesus' Noble Phantasms be? The reality marble that changes everything could be called Genesis, but aside from that, he -has- to have one related to the cross. What would it do though? If he dies, he returns three days later?
>>
>>54349567
Besides caliburn, gods, and maybe gil, he really didn't. Everything else can be explained away pretty easily.

what did you mean by "Servants need to die to be summoned" Though? gil is one thing, but arturia doesn't count towards that. Especially since fate/zero is only debatable canon, as it was written by the urobutcher and not Type-moon.
>>
>>54349468
>No Japanese servants
Don't know where this is from, sounds terribly misinformed though, so maybe from Rin?
>Assassins have to be Hassan
It's not that they have to be Hassan, it's that if you just summon an Assassin, then the name of the class itself acts as a catalyst for the Hassans. If you have a more powerful catalyst or manipulate the system so that you're not actually summoning Assassin (see: Kojirou, who was just a substitute filling the spot of Assassin), you can summon someone else
>Servants have to die to be summoned
Not really, dunno why though. Scathach, Arturia, King Hassan, etc.
>Only 7 servants are summoned
This is true. Only 7 Servants were summoned in each war. It was never said that Servants couldn't continue to exist after the wars end though.
>Hercules has all these lives and no matter how powerful the attack he'll only die once and then be immune to it
I don't think it's ever mentioned that he'll only die once to any attack. Feel free to show me otherwise though.
>Gods can't be summoned
Never actually been summoned, Artemis just barged in on the summoning of Orion
>You need to have some desire for the grail
You don't. You just need to agree to be summoned. Someone like Karna with no real desires joined the Great Grail War because he was asked, and he's the Hero of Charity.
>You need to be from this planet
Don't remember this ever being stated, but Altera forged her own legend on Earth as Attila the Hun, so she became recorded in the Throne of Heroes.
>>
>>54349626
"Prince of Peace." If Jesus is killed, natural disasters ravage the area, bringing peace in a way. This is derived from one of Jesus' titles, as well as all the earthquakes and thunderstorms that happened after his death, presumably caused by Big Daddy.
>>
>>54349642
You're grasping at straws for a few of these.
Nasu makes shit up.
I remember in a /vg/ thread or something talking bout how nasu sain in a interview arturia couldn't ride motorcycles until the bloody interviewer reminded him of zero.
>>
>>54349626
Purifying evil, ressurecting the dead, making miracles happen. Probably something like EX divinity making him both 100% God and 100% human
>>
>>54349376
Follow the Nicola Tesla example and exaggerate their historical traits to extremes, while also using the servant vessel as a baseline for stats.
Take George Washington for example, he was actually considered very talented with the sword (decent agility and decent strength), highly versed in the matters of faith (and it is rumored that he dabbled in 'faith based wonders', eg magic by any other name), was extremely lucky (having his horse shot out from under him no less than 9 times and coming out of that unscathed), and by official record actually took 'several' direct hits from bullets and after the battle shook them out of his coat - completely unharmed. This on top of his obvious charisma and such and such.

Given this, I would take Washington, amke him a Saber, and give him:
Str: C | End: EX | Agi: B | Mana: C | Luck: A | Noble Phantasm: A+

Class skills being modest reduction based Magic Resistance from his unshakable faith, good (but not great) Riding because he actually was an excellent horseman, and a relatively high (for a Saber) Independent Action due to his history as a (and military emphasis on) Scout(s) and Light Infantry.
Personal Skills would be...
Absurdly high Charisma, modest instinct, good disengage, some score in bravery, and damn there are too many of these for me to bother going through.

His Noble Phantasm would be single, simple, but powerful.
'E pluribus unum - First in the hearts of his countrymen', A+ rank, Skill type, Anti-Army.
It would basically allow Washington to enhance those under his command to fight on par with Servants or just enhance them (massively boost abilities if used on a servant/magus/warhose/car/whatever, but only proportional to the abilities they already had - it would be impossible to take a child and have them fight like Hercules; and skill is entirely unaffected); or, if he is unable to rouse an army, simply manifest the Ghosts of the Revolution still willing to fight for the cause.
>>
>>54349674
I mean, I like Nasu, and I like Fate, but I don't like inconsistencies, so I try to find reasonable-ish answers to stuff like this when it gets brought up.

It just bothers me.
>>
>>54349642
Yeah, the assassin thing was more a pride statement on the part of hassan than an actual rule.

With Sabers naturally high riding skill, it would make even less sense for her not to be able to ride a motorcycle. She's basically just short of riding phantasmal and magical beasts, which a motorcycle isn't.

Kojirou was breaking the rules, but that was sorta the point.

>>54349674
Which ones are he grasping at straws with?
>>
>>54349710
They do to me as well.
>>54349715
I remember the 'no eastern servant thing' it was mentioned in a side thing bout zero, basically uro wanted someone like one of the 8 immortals but nasu vetoed with this rule.
Mainly the '7 servant thing' since it is exceptional circumstances, the only reason gil was able to become incarnated was due to the mud which was due to the einzberns cheating in avenger in the 3rd.
I mean the grail can incarnate as they did with solomon in the f/go timeline.
Also apocrypha and strange fake both have 10+ servants.
>>
>>54349735
What's up with Strange Fake anyway, with the Fake and True Servants. Are there two grails, and one is the actual one, while the other is one of those knock-offs mentioned in Apo?
>>
File: ALWAYS HASSAN.webm (2MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
ALWAYS HASSAN.webm
2MB, 900x506px
>>54349642
>It's not that they have to be Hassan, it's that if you just summon an Assassin, then the name of the class itself acts as a catalyst for the Hassans. If you have a more powerful catalyst or manipulate the system so that you're not actually summoning Assassin (see: Kojirou, who was just a substitute filling the spot of Assassin), you can summon someone else
>>54349715
>Yeah, the assassin thing was more a pride statement on the part of hassan than an actual rule.
Wrong. There is only Hassan.

In all the wars where someone other than Hassan is summoned, they either abide by different rules (the Moon Cell and Servant Summoning System Fate do not utilize catalysts) or the rules have been fucked beyond the point of functioning (Apocrypha has forbidden the summoning of Hassan, Strange Fake's fake war summoned a fake Hassan).
>>
>>54349759
>What's up with strange fake
It's strange, Nasu's only input on it has basically been "No that's not crazy enough make it bigger!"
>>
>>54349735
I think the "No eastern servants" thing was meant for zero specifically as a rule for the urobutcher.

Frankly, japanese lore is way too interesting and deep to leave out like that.

>>54349764
So what you mean to say is that one dude mentions this, and every other war works by a different system so it can't be proven wrong.

I say fuck you and fuck that. Jack the ripper is easily a european counterpart that only deserves the class of assassin. While the name assassin belongs to hassan-i-sabah, the spirit of the role does not. Assassinations have existed since long before hassan i sabah did. Do you honestly think there were no hired killers before the 11th century?

Thus, i agree with the other guy. The name belongs to assassin, but the role and class do not.
>>
>>54349527
Wait, Servants have to be fed mana by their master to make up for abilities used and heal injuries, right? Wouldn't that mean Jesus couldn't actually do much, since no human would have the mana to power most of his abilities?

If so, that's actually funny in a way. Jesus would just be the peaceful servant that never actually fights, he's just super chill and tries to teach his summoner and anyone else around them to be a good person. Would probably have some ability that fucks up anyone that kills him though.
>>
>>54349802
Other people can fit in the Assassin class, but you flatly won't get one in a system with catalysts. Even with an amazing catalyst and being a powerful magus, you get Hassan. Nasu's own words, he wrote the Einzbern Consultation Room omake.
Something has to interfere with it to make it not happen. I have no idea precisely how the Apocrypha mages banned Hassan, but that worked sufficiently. You can just say "we're not summoning this guy any more" to get others.
>>
>>54349465
Churches have split in wars over the question of how much God is in Jesus. I think the Japanese might find an interpretation that fits.
>>
>>54349830
Kinda like Karna or any other really powerful Servant, really. Them actually fighting means that the Master's gonna have to focus on providing them mana, because otherwise they'll die. Karna in his long fight with Siegfried for instance had to hold back a bunch of his more mana intensive abilities, like Mana Burst (Fire).

Also on this, I really fucking hope we see Brahmastra being used in the anime, because that is the single most hilarious thing I have ever seen from a non-gag fate scene.
>>
>>54349830
Jesus would destroy the Holy Grail War. One of the major themes of Fate is that the very idea of it is as anti-christian as it gets. It's a bloodthirsty war of slaughtering your peers for the sake of satisfying your own greed.
I don't wanna do the "Nasu said this [sourceless thing]" but Extra CCC made it clear that Holy Grails are supremely offensive to Jesus.
>>
Jesus would be a Ruler and no other class, plain and simple.
>>
File: r0TmjQom.png (121KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
r0TmjQom.png
121KB, 480x272px
>>54349906
Jesus would be a Savior, ya git. It's not even in question.
>>
>as usual another Nasuverse thread devolves into Fateposting and powerlevels

Why do people even bother saying "Nasuverse" when all they mean is "Fate"? Is it just to torture the actual people who are fans of the setting? Or is it just to put up a false pretense of "we're discussing the setting w-we swear!!"? We shall never know
>>
File: 1375152118119.png (144KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
1375152118119.png
144KB, 480x272px
>>54349962
Maybe because Tsukihime was released in 1999 and after seventeen fucking years there's not much left to say about it.
And there was never much to say about Kara no Kyoukai to begin with.
>>
>>54349962
Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
>>
>>54349962
Because nasuverse IS fate at this point

Any discussion of non-fate stuff has been done to death, and the setting of fate and the holy grail war is a far more useable setting in the context of tabletop games than tsukihime because unlike tsukihime, fate can be applied to much more broad areas due to the fact that it isn't entirely based around a single family
>>
>>54349962
You can talk about Tsukihime all you like. The amount of discussion about a subject reflects interest in it.

Go on, start some conversation about Tsukihime and talk about it, instead of complaining that there isn't anyone talking about it.
>>
>>54349802
>Assassinations have existed since long before hassan i sabah did.

What makes it worse is that the first legendary Assassin is actually in what is possibly part of the Epic of Gilgamesh or a companion work legends intertwining as they did back then, because everyone knew each other), several thousand years before the hassan-i-sabah.
Said Assassin was the 'Envoy of the Ten Million Eyes God' to the Sumerians and the 'Son of Samael' to the Canaanites, who passed it to the Hebrews and Egyptians who passed it to the Greeks and Romans, the latter of whom decided she was a female and called her Filia Martis the Daughter of Mars [and this somehow got corrupted to AnWar in modern times], which in turn became 'Mors' in early Christian Europe, which in turn would warp into being the Grim Reaper in the 1300s - and it's all supposed to be the same person as now.
Prime big bad or secret hero/ine material with very easy genderswap (just claim the Romans were right), being the first Anti-Hero/Knight Errant, but will probably never be used.
>>
>>54349988
>the holy grail war is a far more useable setting in the context of tabletop games
no it can't. stop spreading lies.
>>
>>54349992
Sorry, I meant Tsukihime or Mahoyo or whatever else
>>
>>54349992
but tsukihime isnt about a single family. its a character study, just like fate. the only difference being is that it has a lot more world details, less powerlevels, and a lot more to work with other than "muh holy grail".
>>
>>54349962
Because it's easier to write RPG material about historical figures than it is to write about the planet Mercury as a pseudo-vampire.
>>
>>54350023
Then talk about it. Start a discussion about it.
>>
>>54350048
>he can't write RPG material about the secret wars between the Church and the Mage Association
Come on guys, I thought you were smarter than that.
>>
I was in a Holy Grail War campaign once running on Pathfinder rules. Level-ups for Masters were restricted up to a certain point because unless you're Shirou your power won't spike in just a few weeks, and Servants simply couldn't level for obvious reasons. Masters could only go up to level 6 IIRC, and all Servants were level 14, save knight class Servants that were at 15. All Servants had a ton of gold to set up their gear and we all made sure to make the gear matched the legend thematically.

And each Servant could use their class's level 20 trick or a 9th level spell, whichever fit better, that they could use once per day as their noble phantasm.
>>
>>54349888
Maybe that's why he's there in the Grail War? Can't just destroy it for whatever reason, maybe because he just prefers not to go full-on divine intervention, so he manifests as a servant with the intent to find the Grail and destroy it. But his abilities would just drain a master dry near-instantly and the Son of God isn't about to join in the bloodbath, so his goal is to just convince the other masters that the grail isn't worth it so they'll concede. I'm not an expert in Grail Lore, could that be a thing?
>>
>>54350053
>y-you start a discussion then!
not an argument
>>
>>54350066
>can't write about ideological differences
>write about ideological differences the entire thread

What did (s)he mean by this, /tg/?
>>
File: 1368098079789.jpg (69KB, 261x195px) Image search: [Google]
1368098079789.jpg
69KB, 261x195px
>>54350085
There's no argument to be found on either side
>>
>>54349830
>Wouldn't that mean Jesus couldn't actually do much, since no human would have the mana to power most of his abilities?
He, according to the anon you replied to, has an 'infinite source of mana', meaning he's fully capable of autonomously spamming that insanity if you make him mad enough - and oh could he get mad.
This really does make him sound like a Ruler.
>>
>>54350085
Yes it is though. You're complaining that all people talk about in Nasuverse threads is Fate, but you yourself had the opportunity to talk about something else, like Types, Dead Apostles, or whatever.

People call these threads Nasuverse generals to open up discussion about things other than Fate to those interested in stuff like that, so if you refuse to discuss those things, you really have no business complaining about other people not talking about them. You have the opportunity, but you're not really taking it. You're just using to complain about other people not taking it.
>>
>>54350167
it sounds like you're just a secondary that doesn't know what to talk about if it isn't Fate though.
>>
I like the concept of Mystic Eyes. What are some cool Mystic Eyes that you would give a Nasuverse character?

For sake of conversation assistance, the list of known Mystic Eyes are:

Binding
Charm
Compulsion
Contract
Enchantment (high level hypnosis, common in vampires)
Flame
Illusion
Jinx
Whisper (subconscious hypnotic suggestions)
Death Perception
Distortion
Petrification
Fairy (perception of and adaptation to information the brain can't process)

There are also Pure Eyes, the ability to see things that normally can't be seen. Pure eyes are inherited not strictly through biology like mystic eyes can be, but through a karmic passing of destiny from parent to child.

Incidentally, Death Perception eyes are considered a hybrid of Mystic and Clear eyes, requiring both the biological and karmic link to pass from parent to child. So that's interesting.
>>
>>54350248
>being this cucked
>>
>>54350248
You're not really refuting what I'm saying.
>>
>>54349759
In Strange/fake There's one incomplete grail, but they intentionally fucked the summoning of the initial servants except for Saber which led to a real summoning of the other six servants for a total of 13 servant. The six fake servants were only there to draw the true servants. The true servants are there to summon a "True" Grail.
>>
>>54350262
that's not what cucking means you newfag.
>>54350273
i actually am though.
>>
>>54350248
>Why aren't you guys all discussing some series that hasn't had anything released for it in forever?
>Because that's old, talk about it if you want
>REEEEEE STOP TALKING ABOUT THINGS I DON'T LIKE
>>
>>54350285
>>REEEEEE STOP TALKING ABOUT THINGS I DON'T LIKE
except I never said that
>>
>>54349830
Sort of. The holy grail is a fight for the holy grail, the cup of Jesus Christ. If you summon Jesus and give him a cup or vessel it BECOMES THE HOLY GRAIL
>>
>>54350283
>denies having his loved Tsuki talk taken from him
>thinks being an oldfag is a pride point

Gee whiz cuck, you sure showed them!
>>
>>54350321
i never said i was an old fag, only that you are using cuck incorrectly you cum guzzling sperg
>>
>>54350250
>There are also Pure Eyes, the ability to see things that normally can't be seen
Being able to see the A, C, G, and Ts of biological matter at a glance.

I actually have an OC who does this, he works as a detective. Problem is he has to "work backwards". He starts with the culprit's identity and has to work out the chain of events until he can prove it was them without the aid of his heritage perception. Even though his power can be proven, it still isn't admissible in court as in-universe all forms of supernaturally-received evidence is banned.
>>
>>54350338
>Even though his power can be proven, it still isn't admissible in court as in-universe all forms of supernaturally-received evidence is banned.
Why though? If it can be proven, what does it matter that the information was gotten through supernatural means? And what kind of world are you going with, that that kind of rules would exist in the first place?
>>
>>54350283
>i actually am though.
How are you refuting it? You seem to just be spouting ad hominem about me supposedly being a secondary, instead of giving a proper argument.
>>
>>54350250
I like musashi's empyrean eye's. Its like an inverse Tsubamegaeshi.
>>
So we can stop the endless bitching about whether or not people are talking about Tsukihime:

So Tsukihime and Kara no Kyoukai are focused around Vampires, Human-Oni hybrids, and Demon Hunters, ie psychics. The Holy Church also appears

So, if you could pick another supernatural element to flesh out in the universe for a Tsukihime-type story, what would it be? Fairies? Dragons? Werewolves?
>>
So good systems to run Fate in? So far all I have seen is Anima and UA.
>>
>>54350495
Dragons already have a pretty good presence all things considered. Fafnir was even a boss in early grand order.

If i had to say though, fae would be interesting. A lot of things in the series are, for lack of a better term, blunt. The universe needs more people out to simply be mischievous.
>>
>>54350495
Dragons have been pretty well established, especially since the release of garden of avalon
>>
>>54350496
There's no thread for it up currently, but kamigakari works well for it. Its got heroic spirits as a race, what amounts to noble phantasms as a class, and even has mystic eye's.

The author's a major type-moon fan, on top of other things.
>>
>>54350496
Apparently that "Kamigakari" thing is good for it, but I've seen no examples.
>>
>>54350368
Because the information cannot be verified by an independent third party, nor can it be explained in an objective manner. It's like someone having a breathalyzer that is accurate, but cannot explain how it works.
>>
Has anyone got a newfag's guide to the Nasuverse? A reading / watching order would do the trick.
>>
>>54350561
Read the VN
>>
>>54350495
>Fairies?
This is basically what true ancestors are.
>>
>>54350495
I think that Fairies appeared in Fate/Labyrinth.
>>
>>54350561
If you just want the anime, start at the original stay night. Then zero, bladeworks, and apocrypha in that order.

Kaleid is optional, but recommended. Carnival phantasm is just a comedy thing, but its pretty good.

Original stay night is easily the worst story, but lays down everything the best.
>>
>>54350495
Weren't there fairies in Kara no Kyoukai?
>>
>>54349802
>Frankly, japanese lore is way too interesting and deep to leave out like that.
But the japanese (the target audience) would then figure the Servants out too quickly.
>>
>>54350561
Read the short story Notes, then the Tsukihime visual novel (Arc's route will do the trick). That'll give you the overall info on how the world itself works. Fate/Stay Night and Mahou Tsukai go into deeper detail on how magic works and how it is used.

There's no easy guide to it as the overall complexity is staggering, but the VNs do a lot, and I mean a LOT of infodumping.
>>
>>54350333
>being this dishonest
>being this in denial about how cucked he is

You seem upset. You should seriously consider logging out of your computer, it appears to be taking a deleterious toll on your mental state, Anon. I worry about you sometimes.
>>
>>54350572
I know there's more than one, which is why I'm asking.

>>54350592
I'm not oposed to reading VNs and LNs, as I've heard that the original Stay Night anime isn't good compared to the VN.
>>
>>54350592
>Pretty good
More like it's the best thing type moon has ever released
>>
>>54350611
It's ok, not all of us can be retarded all the time
>>
File: how to type-moon.jpg (3MB, 1346x10000px) Image search: [Google]
how to type-moon.jpg
3MB, 1346x10000px
>>54350561
>>
>>54350615
Fate in order of release.
>>
>>54350593
Only in the background, Kurogiri Satsuki was kidnapped by changelings as a child. They make no real appearance, the "fairies" in KnK 6 were just familiars in the shape of fairies.
>>
>>54350561

How to start Nasuverse IMHO:

1) If you want to be serious about this shit from minute one:

Read the Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night light novels.

2)I f you're on the fence and you're not sure if you'll be into it but are intrigued:

Read the Tsukhime Manga and/or Watch the Fate/Zero anime

3) If you feel like the concepts are interesting but things about the mainline works turn you off and you feel like you need to be eased in by something a little more fun:

Read Fate/Extra Fox Tails or Prisma Illya, or watch Carnival Phantasm.

If you either of the later two and find yourself enjoying this shit, circle back to #1 when you're sufficiently invested.
>>
>>54350605
Did you figure out that saber was meant to be king arthur immediately?

Its all about subterfuge.

>>54350615
Well, the issue with the original stay night anime is that it tries to mash together 3 routes from the original VN.

Its okay if you don't know that though, and acts as a good start. If you are okay with VN's, just go with that for the fate route, and then watch UBW and wait for heavens feel anime.
>>
>>54350578

True Ancestors are technically a type of Fairy, but they're in the Vampire category first and foremost in terms of general world building. Fairies as we traditionally understand them (or as extensions of Gaia's will if you prefer) are another ball of wax.
>>
>>54350605
When was the last time they tried to keep those identities a secret?
>>
>>54350637
This is rather outdated so here's some corrections.

1: The best patches for Fate/ work on the release that splits it into three games, one for each route. This is called Realta Nua.
2: The UBW movie is meh, the series is far better.
3: The F/HA translation is complete.
>>
>>54350687
Anime isn't needed in general. Just read novels and VNs. The only anime worth watching is Fate/Zero.
>>
>>54350633
See? This pent-up anger of yours, all triggered by what you assumed was the invalidation of your favored storyline. Your trust issues will clear right up, my friend, if only you would learn to stop feeling this need to perform comparisons. There's no need to use such ableist language, either; I know with some quality time you can know what it's like to stop clawing attention for your fragmented mind, my friend!
>>
>>54350637
This is extremelly helpfull. What are some updates to that? (I'm planning for the long run)

>>54350660
From the infographic I replied to, wouldn't Zero spoil F/SN for me? Or is it not that big a deal?
Should I read Tsukihime before or after Fate, as said infographic suggests?
>>
>>54350745
>Zero spoil F/SN for me?
Yes, Zero is a prequel and assumes you've already read F/SN. It'll casually mention things that are huge spoilers/plot points for Stay Night

Reading Tsuki/Fate in either order is fine, neither of them really overlap aside from maybe some small concepts that don't spoil either end.
>>
>>54350745
>wouldn't Zero spoil F/SN for me? Or is it not that big a deal?
It would and it's a big a deal as you care about spoilers. For some people spoilers ruin the story. Others don't care. It's subjective.
>>
>>54350743
>ableist language
(((tumblr))) sounds more your style senpai
>>
>>54350736
I would argue that unlimited budget works is worth watching over doing the VN route.

But otherwise, yeah.
>>
>>54350774
>I would argue that unlimited budget works is worth watching over doing the VN route.
I would disagree heavily, the VN is still the best way to get the story wrote for SN because it only really works in the VN format
>>
>>54350745

If you're going into the Fate universe as a completely blank slate with no real knowledge of the story, I think from a casual perspective it doesn't overly matter whether you get into it starting with Zero or not. Obviously from a more serious perspective F/SN is the original and Zero is the prequel so its the more ideal watching order, but in the grand scheme if all you care about it getting invested in the universe, it's not the end of the world. Most of Stay Night's truly important twists and plot points have nothing to do with Zero, and the things that Zero really does "spoil," I would argue are less important or not fully explained and thus serve more as foreshadowing for heir ultimate reveal in Stay Night than anything.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

Tsukihime and Fate are really not linked other than that they share a setting, so when you read one or the other is basically up to you. Fate is the more popular part of the franchise for a dozen reasons, but I still recommend people give Tsukihime a chance, especially through the Manga version since it's quite excellent and more accessible than the VN.
>>
>>54350774
I got into the series through budget works and without the context of the visual novel you're absolutely fucked without someone spoonfeeding you info.
>>
>>54350774
Everyone can watch/read what he wants. There isn't universal manuals to Nasuverse or any other franchise.
Even possibility of this stupid questions seems very retarded.
>>
>>54350769
I think you just admitted your moronic ignorance with that sentence, and in more ways than one.
>>
File: 1409847232053.jpg (29KB, 638x540px) Image search: [Google]
1409847232053.jpg
29KB, 638x540px
>>54350855
>>
>>54350836
meh, my grammar textbook is crying alone
time to stop
>>
>>54350836
Of course there is no imperative when it comes to getting introduced to a franchise, but there are opinions, which is the interesting thing to receive when you want to get started.
And knowing what to read next is usefull when you don't want to inadvertently skip things.
>>
>>54350787
>>54350819

I don't agree. The two animes are very accessible, they give you a taste of the depth of the setting and the deeper parts of the narrative without getting needlessly bogged down in it and sacrificing pacing or spectacle. I know we're all hardcore nerds who don't give a fuck if something has a steep learning curve, but a lot of people do.

One of my best friends would have never given Fate a chance if he'd had to start with the VN, it takes like two hours just to get through Rin's prologue. But after watching Zero and UBW with me on netflix now he's chomping at the bit to read a VN he would have never even glanced at before.
>>
File: it's just ciel.jpg (46KB, 800x327px) Image search: [Google]
it's just ciel.jpg
46KB, 800x327px
>>54347267
You forgot
>still no one cares about Ciel
As it should be
>>
>>54350870
Go back to your containment board, /pol/. You people are why there's so much strife here.
>>
>>54350875
>Taking two hours to get through Rin's Prologue

It's like 40 minutes tops, and the episode of budget works that covers it IS an hour long.
>>
>>54350881
I still find it hilarious that Ciel-Senpai was voted as the least popular character in type moon. I know why it happened but it's still great
>>
>>54350886
>implying I'm a /pol/ack
just get out of her, newfag
>>
I want a bigger story about the Holy Church. I want to better understand its ties to the actual Catholic Church and its history better. Things like the Great Schism, the Crusades, the impacts of the most famous Popes, the inquisitions, I want to know more about what these monster hunters were doing when these things went down and how they were affected by it.

Every time we get a Servant who was important to Christian history, I keep wondering who his/her Kotomine and Ciel were.
>>
>>54350896
Not really surprising considering that Currybutt was and still is shit.
>>
>>54350897
You think you're being evasive. You're not. We know exactly what you are.
>>
File: it's shit.png (468KB, 800x440px) Image search: [Google]
it's shit.png
468KB, 800x440px
>>54350896
>>54350929
>>
>>54350935
/tg/ is my main board you witch-hunting cunt. when you say """we""" you are literally just saying yourself. so stop trying to pretend like you are better than anyone else and fuck off.

captcha: summer 2600
>>
>>54350939
Making fun of Ciel literally never gets old.
>>
>>54350957
Look, you and that cuck-shouting guy were the ones who kept clogging up this thread with your argument about what consisted of a Nasuverse thread. And then you went with the /pol/ talk, just like that guy who kept making 5e bait threads. You might even be the same guy. Give it up.
>>
>>54350774
>I would argue that unlimited budget works is worth watching over doing the VN route.
Fuck off.
>>
>>54350893
>40 minutes tops

And how often do you read VNs.

Since ones personal ability affects the speed at which one reads a VN, it is possible that it could take someone up to 2 hours. In that scenario, the Anime wins out because its set at a specific pace.
>>
>>54350939
Okay, wait. Why is Ciel the least popular character? Did something happen i'm not aware of?
>>
>>54351005
I'm just not shit at reading.
>>
>>54351017
She barely has a route that can be called her own.
>>
>>54350997
>You might even be the same guy. Give it up.
thats a huge assumption you're making. but then again, there is no way I can disprove you, so im just arguing against air at this point.
>>
>>54351017
It's not that Ciel is the least popular, it's that Ciel-Senpai is.

Technically they're different characters, Ciel-Senpai was the Ciel who explained what happened in dead ends of tsukihime, but since everyone who liked Ciel just voted for her Ciel-Senpai ended up as the least popular character in type moon
>>
File: No fun.png (361KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
No fun.png
361KB, 512x512px
>>54351003
>>
File: arcueid.jpg (49KB, 629x859px) Image search: [Google]
arcueid.jpg
49KB, 629x859px
>>54351017
>>54351039
Ciel is still unpopular though, but that's because her route was just a near exact retelling of Arcueid's but Ciel spent a bunch of that time trying to kill Shiki.

To top it off, one of Ciel's endings was her getting cucked by Arc anyways
>>
>>54351039
Oh, thats entirely different then.

>>54351036
>>54351068
This however is just plain sad.
>>
>>54351068
This. Ciel's route didn't really do anything interesting or unique aside from SUPPRESS ROA IN MY ASS
>>
File: 1414996167185.png (482KB, 858x718px) Image search: [Google]
1414996167185.png
482KB, 858x718px
>>54351097
>SUPPRESS ROA IN MY ASS
Christ I forgot about that, I miss Nasu's terrible H scene writing/justification
>>
>>54351037
All you pol people are the same. If the above was anything to go by, you even fight one another, calling each other cucks and ((())) whatnot. Why are you people so angry?
>>
>>54351108
why you assuming I am a /pol/ack? Because I fit some preconceived notion of what they are to you? I never called the other anon a cuck to begin with. You are literally just grasping at straws at this point with no proof to back up your claims.
>>
>>54351107
Tbh Nasu's h-scenes are easily the best part in F/SN&Turkeyhandle, mostly because they've the best comedy material of VNs in them.
>>
>>54351108
>>54351127
okay, okay. Quit the falseflag dickwaving children. No ones buying either side. Type moon or fuck off.
>>
File: Mollusk.png (650KB, 2350x3174px) Image search: [Google]
Mollusk.png
650KB, 2350x3174px
>>54351142
Truly a masterpiece
>>
>>54351142
>Nasu likes to pretend these days that he never made eroge
I swear to god if the Tsukihime remake is non-H
>>
>>54351164
Frankly, i'd prefer it if it gave ciel some more unique shit in her route over remaining as cheap fap fuel.
>>
>>54351186
Why not both?
>>
>>54351127
As you say, can't exactly prove identity on a board that doesn't mandate identification. I can't even prove I'm the same anon. But frankly, your pigheadedness makes me believe you're the same guy that started this all, all for what, exactly? Because there was no talk of Tsukihime and Kara no Kyoukai? And your using insults from pol doesn't help, neither were your uses of word filters and inflammatories.
>>
>>54351164
To be fair, Type Moon going back to H scenes would result in less profit. They wouldn't be nearly as popular with them since GO is among sony's top 10 biggest projects, easily getting them millions daily

I doubt Type Moon will ever go back to eroge
>>
>>54351200
both is good, but if one or the other had to happen, i'd prefer the latter.
>>
>>54351213
Yeah, kind of like Square Enix or that one studio that did Goddannar.
>>
>>54351213
My problem is Nasu acts like he's embarassed he ever made porn. I can't stand that shit.
>>
>>54351230
Some of the best shit to come out of japan comes from ex-eroge groups.
>>
>>54351229
Wait Square Enix did too?
>>
>>54351240
Enix was originally a h-game company if I recall.
>>
>>54351209

Jesus, shut the fuck up. Nobody cares.

Nobody else reply to this idiot or anyone who replies to him please. Talk about Nasu.
>>
>>54351240
Doujinshi. Lots of people and companies started that way. CLAMP, Peach Pit, etc. The studio behind Godannar took it to another level: straight-up PIMPING their property. They ran out of money for a second season, so they sold doujinshi of Shizuru and friends to fund the rest of their project.

Now, I'm not saying I'd like Nasu to do that. I'm just saying, wouldn't that be something?
>>
>>54351230
To be fair, given how awful his porn dialogue is I can understand the embarrassment.
>>
>>54351238
I agree but I still often feel like it's a betrayal of one's roots. It's one thing to just decide not to do eroge anymore. It's another to try and whitewash your own history.
>>
>>54351281
Remember you started this and refused to admit it.
>>
>>54351316
Is it actually terrible or is that just the translators?
>>
>>54348723
The target market is Japan, and Nasu has said he avoids Asian heroes and uses Greek and European ones because they are exotic to the japs
>>
>>54351302
Some continue to this day. Rei Hiroe, mangaka of Black Lagoon, continues to make raunchy doujins under the name of TEX-MEX.
>>
>>54351230
He's always been embarrassed by it, he never wanted to do H scenes in general but was talked into it by Takeuchi - which saved the company

Nasu hated the fact that he had to write porn to be successful as a VN author at the time
>>
>>54351346
Doesn't he supposedly not like foreigners though?
>>
>>54351346
More like he avoided asian heroes so people wouldn't accuse him of ripping off Makai Tensho, a japanese novel series that heavily inspired Fate. It's about ghost samurai.
>>
>>54351323
Frankly, most of the porn stuff wouldn't fly in current fate anyways, so i'd say its fair to have the updated version without the porn stuff. The porn stuff still exists, as it used to, its just he's not supporting that anymore.

>>54351366
Not liking foreigners and not liking their myths and heroes are separate things entirely.
>>
>>54351377
>do something so people won't accuse him of ripping others off
>when the Grail War is basically Highlander
>>
>>54351389
>Frankly, most of the porn stuff wouldn't fly in current fate anyways

I blame Zero for that. It made the franchise too popular, it took it away from the fans.
>>
>>54351366
Nasu has never commented on gaijin. It's just that he doesn't get involved with localization processes, and that he doesn't acknowledge a worldwide audience that makes people think he dislikes them. Most likely he doesn't even know about his foreign fans because he doesn't speak a drop of english.
>>
>>54351420
Doesn't he actively block attempts at an official english localization of FSN's VN? That's what I heard.
>>
>>54351411
No, it took it away from the people with their dicks in their hands and gave it to a wider audience.

Don't even try that fan purist BS.

If you wanna fap, just go look for fucking porn. Christ.
>>
>>54351435

But FSN was porn, just with hundreds of hours of text.
>>
>>54351351
That I could've seen a mile away. Hellsing's prototype was originally a rape manga. What I didn't expect was to see he's a Dangan Ronpa fan.
>>
>>54351396
It's nothing like Highlander, though. You're just running to the horizon with the "There can be only one" tagline. Highlander is about a race of immortals who clash time and again across the ages, only knowing that when one remains he will achieve something amazing. Highlander didn't invent battle royales.
>>
>>54351435
>No, it took it away from the people with their dicks in their hands and gave it to a wider audience.

It gave it to literally the worst people. I liked Fate when it was as chuuni as humanly possible, but all the new fans came in because Zero was "a mature story for mature people like me" and never read any of the original work.
>>
>>54351326

I'm not the same anon you've been bitching with dipshit, I'm just tired of you. Go away or shut up.
>>
>>54351434
Not quite, Type-Moon just charges an exorbitant rate for their licenses and most eroge localization services are so budget that they have no chance of recouping that loss.
>>
>>54351435
You gonna deny some people need to fap with an emotional connection to a character?
>>
>>54351475
That's what doujins are for
>>
>>54351482
This.
>>
>>54351467
You're lying. Admit it.
>>
>>54351482
Porn is so much more special when it;s made by the original creators.
>>
File: arcueid.png (527KB, 725x544px) Image search: [Google]
arcueid.png
527KB, 725x544px
>>54351434
Visual novels aren't popular enough in other regions to justify a localization, especially considering how much it would cost.
>>
>>54351504
Clannad did fine in the west.
>>
>>54351420
He did that interview with 4gamer where he said he wanted to at least show something for foreign fans. Fast forward a bit later and we get English GO.
>>
>>54349988
>>holy grail war is a far more useable setting in the context of tabletop games

>play hgw game
>most players waste most sessions sitting on their thumbs, because pvp tornement with high lethality
>every one (except the GM and the two or three last guys to die) gets bored out of their skulls
>>
>>54351516
As did Phoenix Wright.
>>
>>54351525
I'm fine with that.

Or i would be if i ever got anything above 3 star craft essences.
>>
>>54351516
>Clannad, a VN which has been adapted into baby's first drama by one of the MOST POPULAR ANIME STUDIOS IN THE INDUSTRY is popular in the west
well...yeah. no duh.
>>
>>54351545
And that doesn't apply to Fate?
>>
File: 1498533129422.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1498533129422.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>54351525
>English GO
Right cause that was a flawless localization
>>
>>54351551
ufotable doesn't exactly have the same rep as KyoAni
>>
>>54349988
>Because nasuverse IS fate at this point
Because of money, not lack of ideas.
>>
>>54351538
Phoenix Wright was released on a Nintendo handheld.
>>
>>54351555
oh my god, not a typo.
>>
>>54351555
The translation is fine, it's the editing that's horrible. And now that it's started up and they have a budget to work with they will probably get better about it too.
>>
>>54351555
In fairness they went back and fixed a lot of the typos.
>>
>>54351579
Considering at least a few people have whaled hardcore, thats an understatement.
>>
>>54351535

Making a HGW where all the masters are players is dumb, anyone could have told you that's how it would go. Why would you even consider that?
>>
>>54351535
Would Fate do well as a tabletop skirmish game? I used to play Anima: Tactics, an anime-inspired skirmish game involving hero units as the main troop choice. I didn't realize it then, but there were a lot of similarities. There was also a faction system, which would work well for adapting Apocrypha. Manufacturing game pieces might be an issue, although I suppose TM can purchase a few machines from BanDai, especially now that gunplas are doing pretty badly.
>>
>>54351538
As did almost fucking everything that's worthwhile.
>>
>>54351598
To be fair, the only issue is there was no urgency to move. There was nothing stopping them from just hiding indefinitely, and as a player no reason to go out of your way and get slaughtered.

Simply adding a time limit would have fixed the majority of the issue.
>>
Even if there's no outright sex scenes, you literally can't make Tsukihime all ages without completely rewriting Kohaku and Hisui's characters. You can't get around this, it's the basis of their entire personalities.

>>54351598
>Making a HGW where all the masters are players is dumb

I read that as "where all the masters are dumb" and was going to say "so every HGW?"
>>
>>54351620
To be fair, implied rape is fair game. A lot of anime do this, when the characters involved never actually did the deal.
>>
>>54351609
Not true. Phantom of Inferno, one of the best fucking ones ever, as released by Hirameki was one of the first English VNs and it tanked, despite having an excellent story. Even when the anime reboot Requiem for Phantom came out, it still didn't fair any better.
>>
>>54351617

An NPC Master (or two, or more) are the perfect tools to create that urgency to move, especially if any of your masters have obligations they have to meet outside their goal of winning the war, such as protecting loved ones or property, or obligations to the Mage's Association or the Church.

It just seems absurd to me that a GM would leave literally all the forward motion in the players hands for a game PVP is, if not a necessity, a strong likelihood. Everyone knows how risk averse RPG players typically are, you have to give them a reason to put themselves in danger.
>>
>>54351671
Indeed you do.

I still say a time limit is a simpler answer, but i can see the interest in other options.
>>
>>54351659

There's a difference between "implied rape" and "this character was raped so many times every day of her childhood that it caused her to become completely dead inside, and the whole reason this happened is because her body suppresses demonic blood". The child part is a big thing, that's kind of a no-no outside of eroge, and don't say they can just age her up because if they do that the Hisui/Kohaku reveal with Shiki's past makes no sense.
>>
>>54351688

Technically speaking a Holy Grail War DOES have a time limit. After about a month (maybe less) the Greater Grail uses up its mana reservoir and can't do its part in maintaining the remaining Servants anymore.

But a month isn't exactly a ticking clock in RPG terms.
>>
Tsukihime remake will never happen now that Miyu Matsuki is dead. Seiyuu culture and all that.
>>
>>54351164
Nasu never wanted to do eroge, I bet he fancies himself as an artist. Takeuchi convinced him because otaku money ia still money.
>>
>>54351734
If he didn't listen to Takeuchi, Fate never would've gotten anywhere because we'd have no Seiba. Takeuchi is clearly the man with the right ideas.
>>
>>54351555
Oh Look, it's garbage the character.
>>
>>54351620

Fate/Stay Night doesn't exactly shy away from Sakura's rape despite going "all ages." Fate Zero showed her as an elementary school child naked and getting violated by penis worms center frame of the first episode of the anime.

You don't have to change stuff like that, it's entirely in how you present it so that it drops from X-rated to R-rated.
>>
>>54351724
They had no problem replacing shielder's VA in grand order
>>
>>54351776
She wasn't the seiyuu for very long, it's different when someone has been a character for a really long time.
>>
File: 52481425_p0.png (2MB, 1600x1304px) Image search: [Google]
52481425_p0.png
2MB, 1600x1304px
>>54350873
I found that I don't like reading other TMfags childish chitchat. Some opinions are laughable. %%And GO is goddamned piece of trash.%%

>>54351724
Damn living in 21 century and still there isn't good cure for cancer but tons of money-draining shit. That civilization must be burnt down.
>>
>>54351598
So half the players are demigods of legend and the other half are the guys who cheer for them during fights?
>>
>>54351773
>Fate/Stay Night doesn't exactly shy away from Sakura's rape despite going "all ages."
Realta Nua Sakura isn't raped by worms, she's just eaten by them and made bloodthirsty as a result.
>>
>>54351773
Seconded. Rape scenes and other trauma should be handled delicately. A very good example of this is the child sex slavery sequence of Marida Cruz in Gundam Unicorn episode 8, complete with abortion. It was handled in first person view, yet nothing about it was exploitative.
>>
>>54351773
>Fate Zero showed her as an elementary school child naked and getting violated by penis worms center frame of the first episode of the anime.
they haven't looked like actual pensis since Realta Nua
>>
>>54351705
Dude, calm your tits. mentally broken characters are not a new thing in anime. Nor are they a rare one.

Furude rika is a character that lived through being outright killed by the same 5 or so people every other week for potential hundreds of years, and that shit was allowed.

Sure thats a horror series, but my point still stands. Its not like kohaku's case doesn't have precedent.
>>
>>54351800
>Damn living in 21 century and still there isn't good cure for cancer but tons of money-draining shit.

She died of pneumonia.
>>
>>54351719
To be fair, if i was GM, i'd reserve the right to speed up time if nothing was happening just to keep the pressure up.
>>
>>54351813
They were half-dick half-tyranid worms in the UBW anime as a middle ground.
>>
>>54351820
Wiki says about lymphoma.
>>
>>54351762
Garbage as a character, or garbage as a servant?

Because both are wrong. lily can match altera in terms of ability, and saber lily is fucking cute so fuck you.
>>
>>54351812
>Marida
>delicately
Fukui did it purely because he needed something tragic. And he killed her off purely because he couldn't think of anything else to do with her in the story.
>>
>>54351734

Nasu is an artist, so I certainly hope that's how he fancies himself.

>>54351758

Takeuchi is an extremely talented character designer. He's also a sharp businessman. He didn't make Type Moon STAY in the Otaku Whale business just because it was lucrative when he saw there was potential for it to go further either.

He also encouraged Nasu at a time when Nasu didn't even believe in himself.

Basically they both desperately needed each other. Type Moon would have never succeeded if they both weren't there to encourage each other, check each other from going too far in their own flaws, and to create things in tandem.
>>
>>54351758
Takeuchi used to work on a pc game developer before working with Nasu, he had more life and market experience. Nasu was a broke who worked writting to a RPG magazine
>>
>>54351849
Yes and it was tragic, but you shouldn't film rape scenes with fullbody shots and the like because that's akin to leering glances. It changes the tone of the scene considerably.
>>
>>54351834

Zero started with that design and UBW carried it forward.

The tantic elements to Nasu's magic system have not been abandoned in any way. Those worms are still hyper-phallic and anyone who pretends otherwise is baiting. They HAVE been hedged a fair bit, and explicitness has been replaced by innuendo in a lot of cases, but its absolutely still there.

The idea that Kohaku and Hisui's stories are unadaptable by modern type moon because its too graphic is stupid.
>>
>>54351848
Garbage as in she's horrible in Fate Grand Order.
>>
>>54351848
Hey fuck you buddy. Lily only has skills going on for her. Even Sumanai has better attack than her.
>>
>>54351899
Plebs order is pile of garbage by itself, so this is fine.
>>
>>54351888
My point is that he did it for more cynical reasons.
>>
>>54351848
Also, it's a 2d art character with a case of Saberface, calling her cute is your opinion which i am allowed to mock.

Have a non-heretical day.
>>
>>54351932
>Plebs order is pile of garbage

And it's all you're getting from Nasu for years.
>>
>>54351952
This guy gets it.
>>
>>54351788

They replaced Tekken's Heihachi just fine, and he had been the voice of the character forever. People need to stop the meme that Japan holds VAs as sacred.
>>
>>54351952

The chapters Nasu wrote are all gold supposedly, so I'm not going to bitch until I see them.
>>
>>54351937
Elpeo Ple was a reference to a lolicon mag at the time called Lemon People, or, L People for short. She was Tomino giving a fuck-you to pedos in the Zeta years. She was then fetishized by the fans anyway. Marida's fate was fuck-you #2.
>>
>>54351974
In NA we only have access to three chapters at the moment.

>Prologue
>Oh Shit it's France/Yandere Jeanna
>Nero the Chapter

I enjoyed them but, that's my opinion.
>>
>>54351974

My point is FGO is keeping him busy, I don't see other projects in his future.

>>54351971
>People need to stop the meme that Japan holds VAs as sacred.

Tell that to their reaction to Kouji Kabuto getting a new one when the original is still alive.
>>
>>54351989

Except Tomino didn't write UC, Fukui did, and I'm going by what he said in interviews. He didn't do it for some meta reason, he did it because a character that was raped is instantly sympathetic.
>>
>>54351995
>Enjoying Septem
>>
>>54351952
No. Early works are ok reeeee
>>
>>54351995
Tbh the writing doesn't really pick up until 'Murrica.
>okeanos was pretty decent
>london was meh with zouken and solomon's first appearance being the highlights of the chapter
>>
>>54352021
I didn't say I enjoyed Septem.
I said it was Nero the Chapter.
Don't you put heretical words in my mouth.
>>
>>54352017
What, you don't think Fukui and Tomino shared ideas on their degenerate fan base?
>>
>>54352042
Oh wait shit I did say I enjoyed Septem, that's it purging myself for heresy.
>>
>>54350712
Relta Nua a SHIT
>>
>>54352045

Fukui is the opposite of Tomino, he's an ultra-nationalist. While Tomino purposely modeled a lot of Zeon's idealogy after Imperial Japan.
>>
>>54351997

>Tell that to their reaction to Kouji Kabuto getting a new one when the original is still alive.

As someone from /m/ I can understand this. I mean I only tagentially heard it from Super Robot Wars threads, but it's funny to hear some moonmen say they want nothing to do with modern SRW games when new Kouji VA is in it.
>>
>>54351995

Prologue was pretty lame, but Caster Cu was fun, Mash had some good development, and Director's death was a pretty effective scene.

Orleans was great, fun basic adventure with a surprisingly robust character arc for Jeanne and Marie with Mozart, Jeanne Alter and the rest of the extended cast servicing their stories in a highly effective manner.

Septum was pretty awful. Had some interesting ideas that were never even close to fully explored, and the few good scenes and characters were drowned in pointless filler and shitty jokes.
>>
>>54352042
Dude, whats with all the salt?

Also, heretical? Seriously? The warhammer threads are thataway.
>>
>>54352078
>and Director's death was a pretty effective scene.
Would be moreso if Olga wasn't kind of a bitch
>>
>>54351164
>non-H
>we don't get the RAPE THE MAIDS
Also shiki is a non-virgin by the start of Tsuki, having slept with his nurse Tokie Jinan.
>>
>>54352081
> Salt
Suuuure.
>>
>>54352063
Itano is the ultra-nationalist of the mecha world. Matsumoto fired him from a project because he kept trying to add Stars of David to the villainous ships. How they let him do anything after Angel Cop is beyond me.
>>
>>54352091
All you've done is rant about what you hate. Pretty easy to call you salty when thats the case
>>
>>54352086
Which is why her last words amounted to "Wait I can't die yet, I've just been a bitch and nobody's seen my dere side yet, where's my character arc?!"
>>
>>54352090
Oh shit I didn't even think of that. What is Turkeyhandle if I can't make the mistake of thinking "not telling Kohaku to leave" means "rape her"
>>
>>54352114
doesn't mean*
>>
>>54352114
Stop denying your heritage. Also it's Kohaku's main goddamn motivation, being that she slept with Makihisa for most of her life so she could Tune him and prevent his inversion from happening.
>>
>>54351952
>extella
>>
>>54352103

You should read Fukui's books, he's called the Tom Clancy of Japan for a reason.

>>54352128

I was being sincere.
>>
>>54352128
They'll include it in the remake. Shut the fuck up already.
>>
>>54352103
Hating Jews is not the same thing as nationalism unless you equate Jews with being inherently bad for nations.
>>
>>54352086

It was effective because the tail end of the story is where she finally starts to open up and appreciate all the character has been doing for her. She already had a good design, so when she finally gets over herself you find yourself interested in seeing where she can go from here. Plus there's the fact that she's one of the only allies you have period and the entire future of the world is on the line, so beggers can't be choosers.

Add to all that the fact that her death is fucking horrific on a scale it's kind of scary to contemplate, and right before she suffers that death she experiences a huge, personal betrayal from the villain whom she obviously has feelings for, and the revelation that she was already a ghost who could never go back to the present anyway because he's destroyed her body, and it's just such a fucking ULTRA COMBOOOOOOO that you can't help but burn with hatred for what a complete dick the villain is. I felt for Olga after her death, but more than that I just wanted to kick Leff's ass.

Considering I thought he was nothing but a dime-store Kotomine when the scene started, that's impressive work on the writer's part.

It also makes Septem even more fucking shit for making his death, assuming he's actually gone, so anti-climatic and divorced from his previous crimes and also failed to set up a new antagonist to replace him in any way.
>>
>>54352229
>Add to all that the fact that her death is fucking horrific on a scale it's kind of scary to contemplate,
In fairness you don't really see it in the game.
>>
>>54352091
Going back a bit, saber lily did do something right.

Opened the way for other "Lily" characters, like medea
>>
>>54352143

How does an ultranationalist even like Gundam enough to make a series of books for it?
>>
>>54352170

Anti-semitism is a common fixture of hyper-nationalism, don't put your /pol/ bait over here, we already had to deal with one derail.
>>
>>54352229
Fear not Goetia-Solomon is far better villain than the tophat shitcunt.

And Dr. Romani-Solomon's death is far more touching than Olga's anyway.
>>
>>54352252
You get paid to do it. Also because let's not forget, the Gundam is a giant samurai, one of the most celebrated symbols of Japan.
>>
>>54352229
>and right before she suffers that death she experiences a huge, personal betrayal from the villain whom she obviously has feelings for
Might have had impact for me if he wasn't so obviously the villain. And if Learning With Manga didn't turn her into a joke already.
>>
>>54352268
It is pretty strange to see Nip ultranationalists to be that obsessed with kikes desu, normally they're more butthurt about Chinese, Koreans, and Americans.
>>
>>54352244

I like that Cu Prototype is basically Cu Lily, and we also have Iskander Lily despite him lacking such a tag.

Formalizing the concept/ability to summon Heroic Spirits from different times in their lives as well as different timelines is one of the best things GO did for the larger universe
>>
>>54352312
>It is pretty strange to see Nip ultranationalists to be that obsessed with kikes desu
Especially considering their country has 0 history with them.
>>
>>54352331

There was some stuff when they were part of the Axis (unsurprisingly), but I'd really we rather just stop this derail.

On the other hand the thread is in autosage. Somebody start a new one.
>>
>>54352317
indeed.

I also like the bunch of "non-canon" servants from holidays and events.

If nothing else, GO is a great place for coming up with hypothetical bullshit that won't ever actually be canon.
>>
>>54352364

I think Jeanne Alter Lily Santa may be the most confusing thing I've ever seen in a fictional setting. She could not make less sense if she tried.
>>
>>54352399

Just wait until October when we get Jeanne Alter Lily Santa [Halloween]
>>
>>54352399
This i can agree with. Somehow she's alter and lily, which puts her alter form before what would turn her alter.

It should just cancel out to her just being "Jeanne lily" but i guess they wanted the lighter color scheme on alter.

>>54352430
whether that happens or not, at least we'll get the actual halloween servants like elizabeth
>>
>>54352430
I can't wait for halloween to happen so I can burn elizabeth because she's my least favorite thing to ever come out of fate
>>
>>54352463

I didn't mind her in CCC, she was supposed to be unlikeable in that.
>>
File: Carmilla4.png (481KB, 512x724px) Image search: [Google]
Carmilla4.png
481KB, 512x724px
>>54352463

There are good things to come out of Elizabeth.
>>
>>54352483
There's a lot of irony in that.
>>
>>54352463
>>54352483

I haven't played CCC obviously so I don't know a ton about Liz, but I was pretty leery of the dumb Anime Idol Singer character concept. GO helped me come to appreciate her a bit because I liked the idea that she's indulging in her girlhood and immaturity both because of her historic obsession with youth and, as a pseudo-Lily servant, she is afraid of and hateful toward what she will eventually become (Carmilla)
>>
>>54352703
yeah, elizabeth is one place where grand order did not fuck up, entirely. If i had one issue with it, they blew the load on it too soon, for how often she shows up.
>>
>>54351543

You just gotta relax, roll and pray, bro.

Ol' King Gil gave me Jeanne first thing.
>>
>>54351848

Angel Father best father.
>>
>>54353181
If i didn't have E rank luck, i'd believe that.

But i do, so i don't.
>>
>>54352438

Also Jalter is super popular and basically the mascot for FGO over in JP - more Jalter is more whalebux.
>>
>>54353265
I admit she's cute, but i prefer regular jeanne.
>>
>>54352703
>>54352773

My understanding is that FGO Liz is like summonable Nero and Tamano (but not Nero Bride and Tamano Cat, so you can still waifu those) are the versions of themselves from Extra continuity, and thus have character development - which for Liz only works because she basically is a lily.

I haven't noticed anything from EMIYA regarding the extra continuity, most of what he says can be traced to his history as Emiya Shirou.
>>
>>54353331
In tamamo cats case, thats because none of the tamamo's are the same person, but rather different aspects of a higher being.

So they can get away with being wildly different.
>>
>>54353331

Nero doesn't talk like she's the same one from Extra IMO. Don't know about Liz or Tamamo.

Redman is 100% EMIYA. They refer to his identity by name.
>>
>>54353387

I love that they have a reasonable explanation for additional Tamanos... and then FGO just throws it out the window the rest of the way

>"Time and space are fucked, we're summoning from every which way of continuity. You want a timeline where Rin is two goddesses? You want a timeline where Kerry became a Counter Guardian? You want to summon some magical girls? Hey, how about you summon the prototype Arthur from the genderflip timeline?"
>>
>>54353436
Well, its theoretically possible. The throne of heroes isn't bound by space or time, so there's nothing saying it COULDN'T do that.

Also, arguably, illya and kuro are basically pseudo-servants in kaleid, so they'd get a pass on that. I'm not sure why miyu wasn't included though.
>>
>>54353436

Tamamo Cat DOES expressly explain that she's one of the tails of the Nine-Tailed Fox goddess though, so they didn't really toss out the explanation from Extra.

>>54353463

It's not like Grail systems have never summoned things they weren't supposed to. Koujirou is a Wraith and Pale Rider is.... something.
>>
>>54353463

They probably want to do another event when those movies start coming out. Then they can rerun Kuro and Illya, also dump a big SSR Miyu and maybe some other characters.

Kuro is definitely a psuedo-servant in function since the Archer card is basically fused with her and that's what lets her access projection etc. Illya would be a more grey area, but Dress of Heaven is a thing.
>>
>>54352078
>Had some interesting ideas that were never even close to fully explored, and the few good scenes and characters were drowned in pointless filler and shitty jokes.

This, a hundred times over.

>Story teased the fuck out of Nero finding out that Boudica was a servant and realizing what the fuck her soldiers had done, but nothing ever came of it.
>The "magical anomaly" that was causing Nero to zone out at random moments just disappears from the plot.
>Final boss is completely unrelated to the timezone or main plot, she just shows up because they needed another Saber piece encounter to round out the MQ loot table.
>Nero never needs to develop as a character, when confronted with emperors who were objectively better rulers than her, she just spergs out about "My Rome is the best, suck it", and the other servants concede the point for no reason.
>>
>>54353463
>miyu
Who said she wasn't? You just didn't summon her in any regard
>>
File: Azure_Magical_Girl.png (425KB, 512x875px) Image search: [Google]
Azure_Magical_Girl.png
425KB, 512x875px
>>54353709
>>
>>54353232
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDahxIwGMg8
>>
File: 1499296111766.png (922KB, 800x855px) Image search: [Google]
1499296111766.png
922KB, 800x855px
So, we want to do another one of these?
>>
>>54354531
Another one of what?
>>
>>54354531
yes.
Thread posts: 366
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.