[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 364
Thread images: 45

File: image.jpg (182KB, 768x1100px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182KB, 768x1100px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>54297679
>Armless_not_Harmless:__Weaponised_Cyberlimbs.trid
>Tricked_Out_Cybereyes__Worth_It?.thread
>EVO_Catalog_2077.sim
>Crystal_Limbs__Now_the_mages_get_even_easier_to_geek.thread

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 2014 (100% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer, you interested in some cyber? Fresh off the manufacturing line'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Cyberware_Surgery.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Copy and paste of the last one edition because I never a general before but not having one for several hours was pissing me off.
What was up with that?
>>
File: tumblr_or95euaaVQ1rqat58o1_1280.jpg (194KB, 855x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_or95euaaVQ1rqat58o1_1280.jpg
194KB, 855x1200px
Making a general thread is a stressful experience. You worry about whether you've got a good image, whether you're going to forget the subject, whether or not to repost old thread jokes in the title...

Alternatively, elves did it.
>>
Did the anon with the Shadowrun manga ever post his translations?
>>
>>54334475
Copy/Paste Edition:
Offbrand goods and forgeries, have your runners ever had any interesting experiences with knockoffs.
>>
>>54334725
Don't know if they did ... but I never got why anyone was sucking his cock over it anyway.

Not the first time someone has posted a translation for it.
>>
>>54334885
Sorry to offend you, fuckhead.
>>
>>54334773
That's something I'm actually super interested in. Name brands, logos, insignias, and other branding are surely a Big Deal in hyper-consumerist style cyberpunk. I expect the average gangster to be plastered head to toe in sports logos, designer branding, and iconic insignias and designs - half of it varying levels of quality of fake. I wish the fluff was more in your face about it.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (378KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
378KB, 1920x1080px
Where should I look for rules for a D-Walker type unit? New to the system.

He can walk, jump fairly high, roller skate on his wheels, or enter a low profile mode and roll around at car speeds, has a hand for gross motor manipulation, including wielding melee weapons, hold two pistol sized weapons, mount a heavy weapon (minigun, rocket launcher or railgun) and has video, sound and radar sensors and has limited AI that allows it to operate as a turret where the rider dismounts it, and be able to find its way to the rider when summoned by radio.
>>
File: johnson-ting-boxing8.jpg (726KB, 1920x2757px) Image search: [Google]
johnson-ting-boxing8.jpg
726KB, 1920x2757px
>>54334475
You know when I mentioned a maid fetish street sam in my game, I wasn't exactly thinking that I was the most original person on the planet - but I didn't exactly expect the cover of Japanese SR4 to feature one.
>>
>>54335264
Juggernaught with Rigger Cocoon, speed enhancement, alternative propulsion method, troll sized katana, a heavy weapon mount and increased sensor. If it's your only drone and your DM is lenient you can pull it off.
>>
>>54334475
There's nothing wrong with not having 24/7 generals. I get that you're incredibly new to /srg/, but these generals pass away all the time. Spend that time instead on making a proper thread instead of antsying up to make a new one ASAP.
>>
File: Dexter.jpg (655KB, 978x1214px) Image search: [Google]
Dexter.jpg
655KB, 978x1214px
>>54335155
Because it is extremely goofy.
>>
File: atey-ghailan-final.jpg (415KB, 1920x896px) Image search: [Google]
atey-ghailan-final.jpg
415KB, 1920x896px
>>54335333
Well sometimes it is actually pretty dope.
>>
Does anyone have any good maps for Denver?
>>
Is there somewhere I can find a database of basic enemy stats? Just need some info on gangers and low level security guards and shit. I'm a new GM.
>>
>>54336289
Pastebin and new GM guides.
>>
>>54334773
Our group absolutely does. Most stuff we get through our fixers is pre-used and our GM seems to enjoy adding a bit of background to must major purchases (Read: Weapons, Armor, Drones and Vehicles). We rarely get unmodified stuff.

The stories themselves he admitted to not writing down, which is also why our Fixers generally don't know them.

My Rigger for example has a secondary RCC which was modified to sport a reliefed, very intricate cartoon frog on its case. The Jacks and plugs are also to be found on the left side, which he described as an obvious but skillfully done custom job.

Our Shooty McShootface owns a full body armor which is made of Proteus spacesuit parts and has some stickers on it from various combat zones around the world. Kinda like a piece of rich Hipster luggage.
>>
Is it munchkining if I create a Changeling whose negative traits are actually more useful than his positive ones?
>>
>>54334980
You're welcome, anonymous angry retard. What am I supposed to be offended by?
>>
Is it easier to find people using thermal vision?
I'm trying to figure out if a chameleon suit with thermal dampening is worth it or not, as the chameleon suit already gives +2 limit and dice to avoid detection, then the thermal dampening adds an additional limit and dice pool to avoid detection by thermal means for each rank of quality up to a maximum of 6
>>
>>54337941
Yeah, usually. Don't forget that Trolls and Dwarves also get thermographic vision for free, so you'll want thermal damping no matter what.
>>
>>54337984
Not only that, but every delivery drone and car has a sensor array in Shadowrun with 8 different types of scanner. Thermographic is definitely necessary.
>>
>>54335333
>>54335363
Extremely goofy but sometimes pretty dope is exactly what I'm going for. That's exactly Shadowrun.
>>
>>54335155

I just want my Runner to pull out his collapsible IKEA brand Swedish Sniper Rifle Model; Birgitta, and take 2 hours to assemble it because the instruction manual is crap and end up with 2 pins/screws left that should probably have been somewhere inside the weapon.
>>
File: IMG_0138.jpg (189KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0138.jpg
189KB, 1920x1080px
I was told to come here by the Worldbuilding General. If this isn't the right place, I apologize and will shut up.

I want to run a Cyberpunkish game. Whether it's Shadowrun, The Sprawl, or 2020, the specifics don't matter.

For the life of me I can't find any good tools for map creation with this type of setting. There are a ridiculous amount of available tools and resources if you want a fantasy setting, but everything I've found is unbelievably lacking for cyberpunk.
The only thought I had was using the map editor in Shadowrun Returns, but how would I even export those to a state usable for pnp purposes, like for roll20? Not to mention it's isometric, which would probably throw wrenches into my proverbial spokes long-term.

If anybody as any clues for me on cyberpunk map creation, or at least tips on if my dumb idea of exporting from Shadowrun Returns' editor is even possible, please let me know. And again, I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.
>>
>>54338779
Google Map's custom map tool. Use it to map out a city, any city. Cut it into sectors, into zones, all with different layers. Each Layer means something different. Maybe political divides (like with say, Denver, or Austin) or which gangs control which streets, and then link them to the players. That way when you say 'x' Street, they know what you're talking about
>>
>>54338779
You can basically google modern floorplans of various buildings for cyberpunk settings. >>54338818
Damn, ain't technology grand?
>>
>>54334773
>Our rigger saved up for a second hand attack chopper. Digitally scrubbed, can't find any history on it anywhere, but it came with some very intricate nose art that we can't bring ourselves to paint over and what looks like a tour of African and South American war zone slap patches inside the cockpit.
>>
>>54338779
Doorkickers gets a lot of praise around here. Other than that, you can try just googling for actual floorplans.
>>
>>54338779
Isometric maps work great for Shadowrun. Just disable the grid and set a custom scale on the map if you are using r20. I have soem isometric ones saved up, but not nearly as many as I'd like. Additionally, I also use default floor plans as already mentioned.
The google maps Idea was new. I created a custom map for my campaign, using art from Akira and Photoshop but that may be too much work if you can just use google maps.
>>
>>54338818
>>54338842
That's actually a pretty good idea that I might have to end up using with a lack of available alternatives, but it doesn't exactly lend itself to any real detail, or help the players immerse in the vibe of cyberpunk. It's a bit, I don't know, clinical? Either way, thank you for the help.

>>54338880
I'll look into it. Thank you for your help!

>>54338925
Honestly, Long-term, Photoshop is probably the best solution, but I'm just no expert with photo editing. The only work I've done is some light stuff in gimp, so I've got no real context for how to start mapmaking.

As far as isometric goes, before I go and buy Shadowrun Returns, do you know if it's even possible to properly export maps in a way that's usable by r20? And thank you for you help, by the way.
>>
File: ShadowSquat.jpg (323KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ShadowSquat.jpg
323KB, 1920x1080px
Rebosting because the old post was at the bottom of a thread on page 10.

African mercenary campaign! Ever wanted to pet an awakened lion but frusturated your GM never let you get anything out of that 20 Animal Handling dicepool in Seattle? Have you ever wanted to fly an illegally owned helicopter without getting killed? Too bad - we already have a helo pilot.

Check >>54330154 for details.
>>
Any bets on what the outcome of the whole damien knight going a bit nuts /ares getting infiltrated by bugs will be?
>>
>>54337765
>Is it munchkining if I create a Changeling
yes
>>
>>54339886
disappointing
>>
>>54339946
that's just par for the course
>>
>>54339946
>disappointing
Succinct, yet all too accurate. Sadly.
>>
I need a bit of help making a mission for my players.
Backstory is the team found information linking ares to a conspiracy that had terrorists blow up an orbital habitat.
Plan is to have a Johnson from Ares give them a mission where they need to find some kinda big war machine wreckage that has been found in the wilds.
The question is, how do I build the mission? This is the first time I'm actually planning a mission and not improvising all of it.
>>
>>54341195
Go read the GM planning section in the core rulebook, around page 320, I think. That's a pretty thorough method to take you from concept to solid plans. Basically, you identify the setpiece of the run and plan backwards from there in a number of "scenes" that are typically either combat, social, or investigation.
>>
>>54337941
It's almost trivial in environments with fewer heat sources than a city, but still a lot easier to spot somebody with thermal vision than without.

A metahuman form will almost always stand out as a heat source silhouette.
Source: Thermographic camera
>>
>>54339101
Your best bet is going to load these files and screenshot them, and then upload them to your r20. Or screenshot them right in the editor - there are multiple viewing options available. Personally I found the editor to be fiddly and unreliable. It crashed every time I tried loading custom textures and frequently during map editing, making it very hard to keep progress. You should definitely only use it if you have the time for it. I also recommend you get SR: HK as that one has more props in it, if you feel like fiddling with an editor.
>>
How do I design and manufacture my own custom cyberlimbs? I don't want my shadowrunner to buy off-the-shelf corporate products. I want them to make their own high-end custom jobs.
>>
>>54342197
Gonna have to join a corp or have some eccentric rich guy bankroll you.

And have a good reason why someone with such marketable skills is risking their life shadowrunning.
>>
>>54342240
>Gonna have to join a corp or have some eccentric rich guy bankroll you.
Gonna have to disagree with you there, chummer. A facility with a nanoforge and a street doc with enough points in the Cybertech skill can probably make Betaware - which is the grade at which 'ware becomes a custom-job instead of just standard/deluxe off-the-shelf models. It won't be cheap, but neither will it be prohibitively expensive.

>And have a good reason why someone with such marketable skills is risking their life shadowrunning.
That's more the point. Getting a customs-capable street clinic set up is a retirement plan.
>>
>>54342443
>A facility with a nanoforge and a street doc with enough points in the Cybertech skill can probably make Betaware
If they're a street doc, they don't have a nanoforge, and probably don't have cybertech worth rating.

Even Butch is only hitting par for alpha.

> Hah. I’d be lucky to earn alpha-class recognition. We have the tools and we have the talent, but the facilities are a bit lacking. No, the third’s on top of the ACHE. It would have been a delta-class facility if it weren’t for Deus. As it stands, I don’t know how anyone can go there without a non-stop panic attack.
> Butch
>>
File: doggobot.jpg (168KB, 1280x1038px) Image search: [Google]
doggobot.jpg
168KB, 1280x1038px
How much Essence does a shapeshifter have while in animal form? Is it equal to the amount they'd have in their metahuman form? If they have cyberware in their metahuman form, would they lose it in animal form? What if a Falconine shifter wanted cyberwings in their animal form, would they just treat it the same as a cyberarm for resource and essence costing?
>>
Am I an idiot or does anyone else have trouble remembering what books are setting books and what books have character options and shit?
>>
>>54342882
Essence is six for any living sapient. I would argue that this means animal forms too.

However - Cyberware will fuck you up at any level below Deltaware. Aetherology Page 38. If you want Cyberwings in your animal form and they are not Deltaware, they will rip your back to shreds once you shift.
>>
>>54342443
>Any street doc with a nanoforge

Any place that uses street docs instead of legit corp-backed wagedocs not getting a nanoforge without some sort of patron or organization backing them up chummer.

Point still stands.
>>54342857
Exactly.
>>
>>54342954
I can't say if you're an idiot or not, but even CGL forgets whether or not they're making books for settings or character options. Like putting guns and shit in Assassin's Primer.
>>
>>54342954
In 5e, even the novels have some guns, drones, or adept powers.
>>
>>54342994
Without context this is the most nonsense sentence I've ever heard
>>
>>54343203
What context do you need?

Shifters can only implant Deltaware if they wish to ever shift again.
If they don't, they take Essence loss * 10 unresisted damage during their shift as stated in the rules as the cyberware takes a quick exit from their body.

If they take Deltaware, the ware stays in their body in both forms. So a Falconine would have [chosen metatype] size wings on its back in animal form or falcon sized wings in metahuman form.
>>
What should I get for programs for a support Decker? Basically my friend wants to be a Decker and so do I, but I mainly wanna support him. Is this possible? I am still very new to the game.
>>
>>54334646
Chummer keeps crashing when I click the "Purchase More" Button on the custom gear I created. Any idea why?
>>
Is there a particularly authoritarian government in Shadowrun? I know it's dystopic all over, but which corp or nation most oppresses its citizens?

I'm looking to run a rebellion campaign, where the party fights against an omnipresent force and makes their corner of the world a little better.
>>
File: Shadowrunning Ain't Free.png (75KB, 680x433px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrunning Ain't Free.png
75KB, 680x433px
>>54344566
Go read the Sixth World Almanac. 'Making your corner of the world a little better' isn't a theme, it's on the bloody box, as the '-punk' part of 'cyberpunk'. You need to dial in.

Do you want to be eco-terrorists, giving liberty to the people and the Earth? Play as Yucatan rebels. Do you want to fight against so-called liberators who are just looking to turn the tables, putting dragons on top and regular humans on the bottom of the food chain? Play Amazonian dissidents or Russians trying to retake Yakut. Want to be underground reclaimers of your history, protecting children because they were 'born wrong' in the eyes of religious fanatics? Play in Egypt as champions of the old ways. Want to fight against a foreign power that is lining up your family against the wall, while quislings line their pockets with nuyen? Turn the clock back a decade and be Free Californians trying to kick out Saito. Want to teach those upjumped redskins that things aren't all going their way, that their Ghost Dance sucker punch won a round but not the fight? Play as the New Revolution and Make America Whole Again.
>>
>>54344566
The Tirs are pretty oppressive, but the second you start lookin at an elf funny they'll make you disappear. Amazonia is known for having lots of rebellions and turmoil, but if you're getting involved there, you're probably already one of Hualpa's pawns.
>>
File: sneakergame2.jpg (198KB, 1400x906px) Image search: [Google]
sneakergame2.jpg
198KB, 1400x906px
>>54343762
Short version, Custom Item is another of Adam's shitty hacks and I need to build proper support for creating new items through the UI.
Long version, purchasing items in career mode does a lookup against the XML in order to regenerate the cost value, since the first item you bought might have been free or whatever. Since Custom Item doesn't generate a backing XML entry, the lookup fails and crashes out because Chummer's original design philosophy was 'If someone goes wrong, it's better for the application to crash out than alert the user about something weird happening.
>>
Brute Force or Hack on the Fly?
>>
>>54347414
Is your logic in the double digits? Then bump up your run silent dice pool and brute force your way through. They'll be alerted, but will almost never be able to roll high enough to find you.
>>
>>54347414
There's a stealth alternative for almost every attack option, and as a bonus you have less chance of blowing a run if you go sneaky. Stealth is probably the best, but if you get caught you may find yourself defenceless.
>>
File: tumblr_ngle5dHyDk1qa03y5o2_400.gif (2MB, 268x268px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngle5dHyDk1qa03y5o2_400.gif
2MB, 268x268px
>>54342857
>>54342996
A nanoforge is included in a Facility - in 4e it was one of the desktop nanoforges, while in 5e it's probably something clunkier because of the whole CFD thing. 50k nuyen isn't cheap, but it's also not prohibitive to the point that you'll literally never see it in the streets. If Butch can't do custom-jobs, it probably means her collective setup is a Shop rather than a Facility. Not too surprising - there are expenses other than just the Facility itself. Purchasing a site to house it, filing the right paperwork/bribes, and so on - she might not have accrued enough dosh to reinvest to that point yet.

But you will definitely find beta-capable clinics in the shadows. Whether they're medically-minded runners whose clinic is their retirement package, ex-corporate types who have turned their former skillset entrepreneurial, or even some docs set up in a Yakuza/Mafia-owned lab lovingly titled Puget Sound Customs to attract chummers with more nuyen than sense, they're definitely out there without having to get some corporate job done.

You know, like the black clinics of Chiba in Neuromancer.

Now, Delta's a different story completely. You're not getting that without getting bleeding-edge corporate work done. But while the vast majority of street docs are more interested in selling high-profit low-cost second-hand 'ware than doing anything ambitious, you'd better believe that there are shops scattered here and there capable of doing some serious custom work for discerning customers.
>>
>>54348171
>50k nuyen isn't cheap, but it's also not prohibitive
The cost is A problem, but it's not THE problem. The problem is that you're talking about street docs. Yes, there are beta capable clinics available to the shadows. Are they street? No. Why? Because even though it's not delta, it's still fucking rare and difficult to set up and keep up.

>There aren’t many beta clinics out there, and they all require you to know someone to get in. Seattle has three, putting it in some rarefied air. Most corporations only keep a handful in a nation, requiring appointments and travel to enjoy the facilities. This is medical tech at its finest, and when you’re receiving it, it often feels more like a trip to a resort than a night at the hospital.

Seattle has *three* beta clinics. Not three per corp, and a couple on the side for non-corp groups. Three total. Three world famous facilities.

Delta?

>There are fewer than twenty of them in existence, roughly. Rumors put the number as high as thirty or as low as four, depending on your criteria and who you trust, and not every megacorporation has one under their control.

>Lastly are the delta facilities. Unlike the betas, these aren’t world-famous, largely because the megacorps don’t want you to know that they exist. They’re famous for handling CEOs and senior executives personally, but they also keep up the blackest of black-ops teams and conduct research that is … not for public consumption.
>>
>>54348523
I'm not the guy you're arguing with but taking RAW availability of clinics is a great way to wind up with a group full of adepts
>>
>>54348566
I'm ok with the whole team being screwed by background counts. Especially if they all took only adept powers that contribute +1 die per rank.
>>
>>54348586
The only problem is that because they're adepts you'll either be killing them, purposely telling your enemies to only use burst fire despite having no reason not to complex fullauto, or giving your enemies unreasonably low shooting pools to make up for the fact that Full Auto and/or Suppressive Fire will melt an adept's face clean off.

Having a tanky sam is greatly beneficial for the group's (and GMs) health when shit hits the fan, and using RAW 'ware availability makes that shit impossible when you effectively have to hijack zurich-orbital and pay 4X the cost of the already overexpensive item to progress your character.
>>
File: 5457689-counterfeitgirl.jpg (145KB, 568x640px) Image search: [Google]
5457689-counterfeitgirl.jpg
145KB, 568x640px
have you guys ever made a story good for deckers but none of the players play as a decker?

I had this idea for a story, the players find out the Maine villain is an A.I, one of them goes into the net to fight him the others has to stop his drone from bombing the city.

none of the players played as a decker

don't know how to end it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj12LaDvwKA
>>
>>54348647
>using RAW 'ware availability makes that shit impossible
Not when the face has negotiation skills to match the Sam's need for delta.

Otherwise, think inside the setting. Every time the topic of availability comes up, it's likely that someone isn't thinking beyond mechanics that only cover buying through the black market. (with the exception of Availability: -- items, which you can buy at the local stuffer shack)

Your options are buy (not easy to find delta on the black market), steal (not really an option for delta), or manage favours. Find the people who have some clout on beta / delta clinic wait lists, and circumvent the process of trying to find a legit black market sale by trading favours or creating leverage with them.
>>
>>54349006
>Not when the face has negotiation skills to match the Sam's need for delta.

Which they *don't*, because the scale of skill competence was doubled, specifically to make it massively harder for players to have world-class characters in the setting.
>>
>>54349006
There's less than 20 delta-clinics on Earth/space MAXIMUM, and they all restricted for use by the elite of the elite. If your Face magically has enough skill to get access then they also have enough skill to commandeer an aircraft carrier, a space shuttle, or borrow Lofwyr's gold-plated fleshlight.

In short, they have no business being a 'Runner any more.
>>
For some reason Chummer won't let me add the ASDF point from Overclocker to my Deck. I didn't get asked for a value or anything after adding it even. Trying to change the ASDF on my Deck simply swaps them as normal.
Not sure what to do about this.
>>
>>54349742
Apparently I don't subscribe to the same arbitrary list of reasons to stop being a runner that you do.

What a shame.

>>54349497
There's more to Negotiation dice pools than skill rank.
>>
File: Horsefoot Lever Action.jpg (56KB, 900x469px) Image search: [Google]
Horsefoot Lever Action.jpg
56KB, 900x469px
>>54347310
So what's the deal with shapeshifters? I remember you asking for people to test out the Equine, but I can't get past priority selection. The metavariant selection defaults to human, then Chummer says I'm an idiot for trying to do that and shuts itself down.
>>
>>54348523
>Seattle has *three* beta clinics
First of all, citation needed, and second of all that's only the legal ones either way. There are absolutely black market ones above and beyond those.

Your problem is that you have this mental image of street docs as being bargain bin jackasses squatting in a warehouse and selling discount medical services to gangbangers, or something. Street docs are the people running literally any black market medical operation - and while some of those are low-end hood clinics, some are extremely high-quality places staffed by corporate outcasts, funded by nation-sized organized crime groups like the Yakuza (the people still running MCT) or the Mafia (who bought out the entire nation of Sicily in order to start issuing legal SINs), or started by the kind of absurdly-skilled weirdos who regularly find their way into the shadows.

If you don't think that's there's at least one or two black market clinics in Seattle capable of good enough custom work to manufacture betaware, you're out of your mind. This isn't Deltaware here. It requires skill and an investment, but there's plenty of both of those in the shadows.
>>
>>54350174
>First of all, citation needed
I quoted it already, nigs. Chrome Flesh. Shiny. You're welcome.
>that's only the legal ones either way
Prove it.
>Street docs are the people running literally any black market medical operation
Prove it.
>This isn't Deltaware here. It requires skill and an investment, but there's plenty of both of those in the shadows.
There are plenty connected to the shadows. That doesn't mean they're in the shadows themselves. Three beta clinics is enough.
>>
>>54348910
Maybe a decker contact helps them get into a UV host or something, where they can use their normal skills, and face off against the AI? Or trick it into downloading itself onto a specific commlink offline, before putting that link into a faraday cage and dropping it in the middle of the Pacific.
>>
File: tumblr_oojpgbGG8t1ttgthjo1_1280.png (299KB, 799x717px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oojpgbGG8t1ttgthjo1_1280.png
299KB, 799x717px
>>54350106
Equines were included for my testing use on another branch and got merged in to the main branch accidentally. I'm still trying to sort out an issue with the attribute/skill integration that prevents them from behaving properly in career mode, which is why I haven't pushed the rest of them yet.
>>54349826
When you're in career mode, you should see a dropdown for the attribute to affect with overclocker.
>>
File: Dracula Can't Be This Smug.jpg (41KB, 324x394px) Image search: [Google]
Dracula Can't Be This Smug.jpg
41KB, 324x394px
>>54350174
>>54350550
From the same section in Chrome Flesh
>Hang on. Three? Executive Body Enhancements and Nightengale’s Body Parts, sure, but where’s the other? Butch, you sly old dog, did you earn a new rating when we weren’t looking?
>Slamm-0!
>Hah. I’d be lucky to earn alpha-class recognition. We have the tools and we have the talent, but the facilities are a bit lacking. No, the third’s on top of the ACHE. It would have been a delta-class facility if it weren’t for Deus. As it stands, I don’t know how anyone can go there without a non-stop panic attack.
>Butch
>Wait. What happened to the Humana Hospital?
>Sounder
>Knight Errant finally busted them. Damn shame. They did great work.
>Clockwork

So there are black market clinics (officially Humana is a Shiawase facility, and Dr. Michael Maizner ran an illegal bodyshop out of his office. Sauce: the Tacoma section of Seattle 2072), but they are counted in the list. So are there betaware facilities that aren't on the up and up? Yes. Does it make any sort of sense for Jackpoint, literally the group of runners most able to afford high-end black-market surgeries, to not include them in their listing? No.

You're both right and you're both wrong, now stop being bitches.
>>
>>54350739
>Does it make any sort of sense for Jackpoint, literally the group of runners most able to afford high-end black-market surgeries, to not include them in their listing? No.
Why assume they didn't? You just quoted how the one other beta clinic they asked about was busted. If there were more, they'd mention them.
>>
>>54350937
You are misreading. I am saying the obvious conclusion is that they mentioned all the clinics, legal and extralegal. I am not assuming that they didn't mention some; quite the opposite.
>>
>>54350739
So what you're saying is that there are definitely black market beta clinics, and that there were 'at least one or two' like I said.

If anything, it looks like legal beta clinics were in the minority in Seattle until Humana got shut down.

How about that.
>>
File: Clinic.jpg (280KB, 1400x887px) Image search: [Google]
Clinic.jpg
280KB, 1400x887px
>>54351381
Take your ego out of this. Stop thinking about how you can be right and look at what was said.

>>54350174
>>Seattle has *three* beta clinics
>First of all, citation needed, and second of all that's only the legal ones either way. There are absolutely black market ones above and beyond those.
That is demonstrably untrue. The numbers given are that there are 3 total betaware clinics in Seattle; in the recent past that number may have been as high as 4, one of which was illegal enough to be shut down. Trying to say there are more in the city is foolishness. Nobody ever said that there were no black-market betaware clinics, quite the opposite:

>>54342996
>Any place that uses street docs instead of legit corp-backed wagedocs not getting a nanoforge without some sort of patron or organization backing them up chummer.
>>54348523
>The problem is that you're talking about street docs. Yes, there are beta capable clinics available to the shadows. Are they street? No. Why? Because even though it's not delta, it's still fucking rare and difficult to set up and keep up.

The thing people are taking issue with is characterizing betaware black bodyshops as 'street'. >>54350174 is the only post in the thread that is explicitly making the argument that there is no difference between a streetdoc and a black market betaware clinic with organizational support. Contrast Butch, a born-SINless who operates her own independent clinic, with a Mafia-run hospital.

1/2
>>
File: Surgery Sombra.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Surgery Sombra.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>54351893
>>54351381
2/2
>If anything, it looks like legal beta clinics were in the minority in Seattle until Humana got shut down.
This doesn't make a lick of sense and suggests that you haven't read enough of the lore to know what's being said. They specifically name 2/3rds of the operating clinics, and we know that they are both legally operated (Nightengale's is a NeoNET subsidiary now, EBE is independent). The third is implied to be Renraku, but could theoretically be owned by anyone because there isn't enough to go on.

Of the 4 given clinics, one is definitely illegal, two are definitely legal, and one is likely legal but possibly illegal.

Literally the only point of actual disagreement is about whether or not a Yakuza-funded bodyshop counts as being run by streetdocs. Everything else is misreading posts, not reading the sources yourself and going off only what people are quoting directly in the thread, and arguing past each other.
>>
File: 1461778679589.jpg (53KB, 300x490px) Image search: [Google]
1461778679589.jpg
53KB, 300x490px
>>54335266
It's the cover of an actual play book of SR4. So it's somebody's campaign, and they sometimes were pretty interesting.

>>54342197
Remember that even alpha is something of a custom job. Just not as much as beta.

>>54343697
Ironically, you'd probably do better as a Technomancer because they have more than a few complex forms that the average decker would sell kidneys for. But you'll want Smoke and Mirrors, Signal Scrub, and something to boost Erase Mark or Crash Program.

And then you need to figure out how to do teamwork in the matrix.

>>54347414
Brute Force for when you want to try scare enemies into turning stuff off prematurely. Hack on the Fly for other times.
>>
>>54351994
You got a link for that Actual Play, anon? Always up for reading about someone's Shadowrun shenanigans.
>>
>>54352110
http://suzakugames.cocolog-nifty.com/

Hope you know moonrunes
>>
>>54352110
Not really. I don't speak or read Japanese, but now I'm kinda interested to see what a machine translation would spit out.

There was a link way back to buy it, but I don't have that anymore.

http://www.play-asia.com/shadowrun-4th-edition-riplay-teito-no-tenshi-tachi/13/707pkj

That one seems to be an earlier one from what I remember of the original link.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=BOK-6385&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dshadowrun%24pagemax%3D40%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

This one may be the first or second in the line.

Just put in Role and Roll into the search on either site and you can try to hunt down the first and the rest.
>>
File: SRJP_replay4.jpg (138KB, 600x840px) Image search: [Google]
SRJP_replay4.jpg
138KB, 600x840px
>>54352110
>>54352217
The first three called Shadowrun - Travel Angels, Shadowrun - Street Angels, and Shadowrun Beginner's Bad Luck in English (approximately).

https://www.amazon.ca/Angels-Shadowrun-replay-journey-Books/dp/4775308769

There are presumably some more out there.
>>
>>54334475
What are some tips for running a fun, exciting Pink Mohawk style game without getting bogged down in conspiracies, consequences, and paranoia? I feel like no matter what the games I play or run lately get clogged up with drama, death, and characters shooting themselves in the foot so hard they start bringing down TPK's with any level of realism.

Is Shadowrun just a game that can't survive unless you have a group to talk to and plan out in person? Over the internet it just feels like people don't want to plan or talk or do anything more than the minimum work required.
>>
>>54352295
Much like the (later) books let you spend some edge to have a contact, let the group spend some edge to also have already set up something helpful.

And I do mean the group. Let some people spend some edge to have bribed the janitor to sneak something in, let the rest spend to have that something be a cheap, possibly one shot knock-off maglock key.
>>
>>54351893
>>54351938
If you think that an illegal, black market medical clinic - regardless of whether it's a glorified gangland infirmary or a fully-staffed criminal hospital - doesn't fit under the broad category of 'street doc,' you're being deliberately obtuse. You've resorted to making a semantic argument because you've run out of anything substantive to say. That's as pathetic as it is pedantic.

There are black market beta clinics - beta grade street docs. That's what you were arguing against, and you've been proven emphatically wrong. Everything you've done since is shift goalposts and argue about phrase definitions to try to salvage a win.

How about you fuck off instead of shitposting for yet another eight hours?
>>
File: 1202725343975.jpg (55KB, 600x756px) Image search: [Google]
1202725343975.jpg
55KB, 600x756px
>>54352421
>Third party points out how you're both being correct and incorrect
>insist that you're still totally right
>third party breaks down exactly how you're wrong and where your problems are
>ignore that, change argument entirely, accuse third party of being first party and shifting goalposts

Fourth party having a great time watching you flail and fail
>>
imagine getting kidnapped by a corporation an being experimented on with sex toys
>>
>>54352676
Add it to the pasta.
>>
>>54352701
>>54352676
Along with the fact that they got the toys in a street level deltaware clinic.
>>
>>54350608
thanks
>>
Man I need to find new game
Wondering about runnerhub. Does anyone have any experience with it?
>>
>>54352911
How desperate are you?
>>
>>54352984
Non-German speaking european level of desperate.
Is it that bad?
>>
>>54353071
RunnerHub is "living campaigns", meaning you bring a character, you do the run, get your character and leave
So if you are fine with just doing run after run after run without any downtime or non-run RP then it's okay
>>
>>54353133
*get your rewards
>>
>>54353071
To build up on what >>54353133 said, you may be able to find better luck at ShadowNET. Pretty much the same thing, apparently, and I've never heard anybody talk about it.
>>
>>54353133
>>54353521
Ah well thanks
Guess its waiting for me
Scouting roll20 and /r/lfg
>>
File: 1481065204419.png (83KB, 1494x333px) Image search: [Google]
1481065204419.png
83KB, 1494x333px
>>54336289
Here's a method of doing it.
1/2
>>
File: 1483397028241.png (24KB, 1903x207px) Image search: [Google]
1483397028241.png
24KB, 1903x207px
>>54336289
>>54354035
2/2
>>
>>54353587
>>54330154
>>
>>54354035
>>54354050
I wonder how applicable that is to other systems. I might steal this for nWoD.
>>
>>54354175
Saw this but as I said I'm in EU and 9pm EST would be the earliest of mornings. On a work day
Inbf start my own game but too lazy making maps
>>
>>54342197
Just do it? I mean, you do what people generally do. Take existing things, reverse-engineer them, or just use a basic model as a basis for your prototype.

Prototyping is fun. Because if you're just in it for your own custom shit it means it can include all the fancy shit you want and you draw the line when it comes to costs and risks. Don't mind the potential for your arm to seize and explode apart so long as it gives you the extra power you need 85% of the time? You're free to do that. Want to get around an issue that most pre-mades have in, or want to hybridize shit in a fashion that could be described as against multiple end-user agreements? You're free to so long as you have the skill.

Machining might cost you a pretty penny, though. Modified to hell and back can often give you similar or better results to deciding to go from scratch. Remember that all that corp testing can come in handy so long as you know the particular flaws they overlooked per product.
>>
File: courage.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
courage.webm
3MB, 480x360px
>>54354459
>GGD is supposed to happen August 17th
>Total Solar Eclipse over the continental US scheduled to happen August 21st
>>
https://youtu.be/jOPxcPrxL5w
>>
>>54354828
Time to get woke, paleface
>>
>>54355583
Nope, time for smallpox blankies 2.0. Step right up indig! Get some for the whole family!
>>
Can dragons reproduce with humans or are they as inbred as the Targaryens?
>>
>>54356697
Given that dragons are a totally different species from metahumans I assume their probability to successfully mate with humans are as limited as with human-shifter pairs
But given that IE exist and are AFAIK the offspring of elves and dragons It should also be possible
So no fucking clue, omae

>inbred
why would they be?
Great dragons can produce offspring with non-Great dragons, they just don't do so usually
>>
>>54334475
>>54335266

So things like RPG's aren't like showered everywhere in Japan unless you know where to look. Even then, Shadowrun never seemed big, but I knew it was there.

Why don't we have a kickass SR animu yet?
>>
>>54356804
it has a manga
>>
>>54356833
It's pronounced mango.
>>
>>54357266
Well that don't say anything about how it's spelt, you mangaloid
>>
>>54335266
robot maids, bodyguard maids, and killer robot maids are a think in anime. so why would a street sam maid surprise you being on the cover?
>>
>>54342882
>>
>>54351893
>Take your ego out of this. Stop thinking about how you can be right and look at what was said.

but that's boring.
>>
>>54356833
Huh... indeed there is... Interesting.
>>
What the fuck does Attune Item even do?
>>
File: 1209963280229.jpg (496KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1209963280229.jpg
496KB, 1600x1200px
>>54358037
Increases the Limit, allows you to use Imbue Item to give it further bonuses.
>>
>>54358037
Increases your relevant limit for the item by the initiate grade
So if you have a Stun Baton (relevant limit: Accuracy 4), are a Grade 3 initiate and perform the Attune Item ritual then the Accuracy becomes 7
>>
I'm trying to make a voodoo priest, but summoning a Loa and being owed favors for that summoning is bullshit, and doubly so the notion of binding one of the Loa.

The Calling ritual, on the other hand, is both more in-line with proper voodoo, and is accessible to mundanes through the Arcana skill.

Is there a viable way to make a mundane, Calling-based summoner build? Because I'm fascinated by the concept of a non-mage who works magic exclusively through negotiating bargains with spiritual benefactors.
>>
>>54358464
Aren't the Loa only the mait tete and the beings you bind into the serviteur are actually lower spirits?
>>
File: captainplanet-logo.jpg (107KB, 950x477px) Image search: [Google]
captainplanet-logo.jpg
107KB, 950x477px
Could you run an episode of Captain Planet in Shadowrun?
>>
>>54358464
Well, you'll want lots of Logic, anything that might boost your Arcana skill score directly, and probably plenty of Edge. I'm not sure what the specific chargen costs for picking up a ritual as a mundane, though.
>>
>>54358464
>being owed favors for that summoning is bullshit, and doubly so the notion of binding one of the Loa.
why not just fluff it as negotiating with them?
They don't owe you for summoning them, you just convinced them to help you a bit.
Binding them isn't you becoming their master, but more a long term agreement: "You come help me when I ask it of you and in return you get my karma and all these reagents"
>>
What are some shadowrun games I could watch?
All the ones I was keeping up with fucking ended, except for one.
>>
>>54358675
>>All the ones I was keeping up with fucking ended,
Better question: Did they end well?
Are there text transcripts or summaries of them?
Hook me up.
>>
>>54358562
It's not really clear/specific about whether it's just the Mentor Spirits who are the Loa proper, but since you get ridden by the spirits you summon and not to your Mentor, I'd definitely lean towards the summoned/bound spirits supposedly being Loa.

>>54358606
You can summon a spirit instantly without any ritual or offering normally, and that's a pretty severe refluffing of binding, whereas Calling has the ritual negotiation and offerings baked right into the whole process.
>>
>>54358705
they ended OK, I guess.
Here's the ones that just ended
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFM1OX_L7GE&t=9983s&index=1&list=PLHKocVDXoWBtzze1SGGUnU6KB5UFrDLFo
that's corporate sins
That's the roll4it game

Those are the ones that just ended.
This one ended a while ago that was also acceptable
That's mirrorshades

And now for the only one I know of that's still ongoing:

Hopefully, someone else can hook me up with one.
>>
>>54358728
I like the idea because it is unique, but I feel that an aspected summoner would just... work better, especially with the stuff from the new Magic book. Plus you can always just summon spirits into the bodies of deceased/objects - a voodoo priest with milspec armor is unkillable.
>>
>>54358791
Okay, sorry about that, I had to fuck around to see which part of my post the 4chan thought was spam. Apparently it was the roll4it link.

here's mirrorshades

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KMenSIb9EU

and here's actual play

http://arcologypodcast.com/actual-play-episode-001-dont-call-it-a-milk-run/

for roll4it, just look that up on twitch.
>>
File: Absolutely Disgusting.jpg (71KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely Disgusting.jpg
71KB, 600x450px
>>54358791
>Mirrorshades
If the GM and half the cast weren't insufferable fucknuggets then maybe.
>>
>>54358728
>You can summon a spirit instantly without any ritual or offering normally
I can just ask my friends/acquaintances directly for some favors. Whether they do them or not depends on how well I was able to convince them

>and that's a pretty severe refluffing of binding
and? as long as the crunch is the same and the result is the same, does it matter whether I fluff it as forcing them to be my slaves, asking for long term support or just handling them a wad of spirit dosh and telling them they're hired?
>>
File: Gian_Marayag_17a.jpg (93KB, 680x519px) Image search: [Google]
Gian_Marayag_17a.jpg
93KB, 680x519px
>>54358675
I enjoyed Mirrorshades (SR1) by itmeJP. Normally I don't like their stuff, but Adam Koebel actually... >>54358814
Damn too late.
>>
>>54351938
>Everything else is misreading posts, not reading the sources yourself and going off only what people are quoting directly in the thread, and arguing past each other.
/srg/!
>>
>>54358827
>and? as long as the crunch is the same and the result is the same, does it matter whether I fluff it as forcing them to be my slaves, asking for long term support or just handling them a wad of spirit dosh and telling them they're hired?
Kind of, yes. Normally, Binding pisses off the spirit world; you start accruing negative astral reputation if you keep doing it. Refluffing it into an amicable bargain with offerings and supplication to a mighty beings subverts - or at least obviates - that negative. They don't mind Summoning because it's strictly short-term stuff, but binding is seen as a decidedly negative thing.
>>
>>54358868
>Binding pisses off the spirit world
could you give me a source on that? Because I can't remember reading anything like this in 4e, so I want to know if it's a 5e thing

But in my game I honestly care less about binding/summoning and more about how you treat the spirits
>>
>>54351994
>Brute Force for when you want to try scare enemies into turning stuff off prematurely. Hack on the Fly for other times.
If you're hacking into a host or something else that they literally will never turn off, then the failure cost of HOTF (being marked) is worse than the failure cost of BF (resisting damage). The success cost of BF (alerting enemies) is usually big, but not when they can't spot you. Ironically, this is when you have high Logic & Sleaze. Cereprax, Narco, Smoke & Mirrors, etc, and you are probably hitting 20+ dice with no limit, vs Computer + Intuition [Data Processing].
>>
>>54358814
That actual play though, holy fuck - worse than my group. Brrt. People hate on role playing shows, but at least they have decent production value.
>>
>>54358975
I did not say actual play was GOOD.
I listen to it because I am fucking desperate for more shadowrun. And cyberpunk shit in general.
>>
Can you astrally perceive what's inside of a cyberlimb's smuggling compartment?
>>
>>54358998
I take it you've read 2D's Shadowrun campaign
>>
File: wipe.jpg (146KB, 512x502px) Image search: [Google]
wipe.jpg
146KB, 512x502px
>>54359020
Not this shit again...
>>
>>54359020
yep.
>>
>>54358918
>While unbound spirits are limited in the services they can offer, bound spirits are compelled by the magical bond to do their utmost on the magician’s behalf, even if it means sacrifcing their Force and disrupting themselves for a time. Bound spirits fnd it distasteful being forced into servitude
Page 301, 5e Core.

>Most spirits resent attempts to bind them, as it turns the relationship between magician and spirit from a short-term contract between equals (or near equals) to a forced servitude for an extended period of time. (Some pro-spirit groups even go so far as to claim that binding a spirit is the equivalent to enslaving a sentient being.) A bound spirit can be forced to harm itself to further the magician’s ends—something no living being willingly suffers. Binding spirits, then, has a far higher potential for things turning nasty than simple summoning does—especially if the spirit becomes uncontrolled.
Page 189, 4e 20th Anniversary Edition.

You're not Spirit Hitler for doing it or anything, but it's definitely rude/presumptuous, and you start accruing a bad reputation if it becomes a regular thing with you. Spirits start trying to resist - or at least resent - being summoned by you.

That's the wrong kind of reputation for a houngan, and refluffing the way spirits feel about being Bound could have a very real, practical effect on how the game actually plays, regardless of whether you touch the raw, numerical mechanics.
>>
>>54359066

>You're not Spirit Hitler for doing it or anything, but it's definitely rude/presumptuous, and you start accruing a bad reputation if it becomes a regular thing with you. Spirits start trying to resist - or at least resent - being summoned by you.

That sort of thing is why the last Spirit Mage I played (A Shinto Mage) would summon spirits, then plead her case to them about why she needed them to be bound for a time, convincing them that it was important and promising that she wouldn't force them to act against their ethics.

If you treat spirits like a person, rather than a drone you'll be fine.
>>
>>54359036
I honestly don't know of any other SR or general Cyberpunk APs with any level of production quality.

I've been watching Die Party's Cyberpunk2020 game but it's mostly just a bunch of murderhobos murderhoboing with vague cyberpunk things in the background
>>
>>54359138
I hate that feeling when I have consumed literally all of a medium.
>>
>>54359036
What kind of literature have you read?
>>
>>54359114
>That sort of thing is why the last Spirit Mage I played (A Shinto Mage) would summon spirits, then plead her case to them about why she needed them to be bound for a time, convincing them that it was important and promising that she wouldn't force them to act against their ethics.
That's literally what Calling is.

You're talking about taking the Calling fluff and applying it to the normal Summoning/Binding rules.
>>
>>54359200
I've not read much of the cyberpunk literature, mostly because I consume this shit entirely in audio format while doing other things.
>>
>>54359224

Not quite. The spirit is still bound at the end, it's about getting the spirit to agree to the binding rather than forcing it.
>>
>>54359243
Nigga get Gibson's stuff on audiobook then.
>>
>>54359278
I may.
I may.
>>
File: 1367980636417.jpg (1MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1367980636417.jpg
1MB, 1024x1024px
>>54359262
>Not quite.
No, quite exactly. Calling is when you bring up a spirit and negotiate with it until it voluntarily agrees to work with you. You're using Calling's precise fluff to completely reskin a mechanic that's supposed to be a resentful enslavement.

I get that you've probably got some cognitive dissonance going on because you want Binding to work the way it was treated in the game you played, but you've got your wires completely crossed here.
>>
>>54359284
Read the sprawl trilogy over the last couple of weeks, during train rides and stuff - was left desperately craving more.
>>
File: 01f7707f7db2338c54e595964c2f91ba.jpg (753KB, 2560x1590px) Image search: [Google]
01f7707f7db2338c54e595964c2f91ba.jpg
753KB, 2560x1590px
>>54358464
Universal Magic Theory murdered a lot of the uniqueness in casting. SR2/3 had those rules and they were a bit of a headfuck.

I'd suggest taking Spirit Whisperer and Chain Breaker, as that gives you mechanical options and benefits to summoning and negotiating without forcing you into using ritual spellcasting, which is generally an awful waste of resources.

Calling being available to mundanes is.... problematic, for some people. As you're casting a ritual spell you need to have a lodge to use as a foundation. While it doesn't need to be a permanent lodge, the typical view is that mundanes can't create a lodge at all
>>
>>54359317

Calling gives you no actual power over the spirit and is very different. It has no drain, requires paraphernalia and requires you to make an offering to have the spirit appear. It also works on spirits that are not part of your tradition.

All Calling does is 'Make the spirit appear'.
>>
>>54359317

So a spirit can't agree to binding?
>>
>>54359369
>I'd suggest taking Spirit Whisperer and Chain Breaker
I like the way they lend themselves to respectful supplication, but not the way summoning itself is an instantaneous triviality instead of a ritual of not-insignificant length to call forth the spirits.

>Calling being available to mundanes is.... problematic, for some people. As you're casting a ritual spell you need to have a lodge to use as a foundation. While it doesn't need to be a permanent lodge, the typical view is that mundanes can't create a lodge at all
If mundanes can use Calling, but can't make Lodges, then they can probably do Calling outside of a Lodge, the same way that Calling uses Arcana for a mundane, rather than the normal skill. It's already presented as an exception to the rule.

>>54359450
Calling calls forth a spirit for you to negotiate with them and try to bribe and plead for favors. Calling (Loa) is, full stop, a much better representation of the voodoo style of spiritualism than anything covered by summoning/binding - and far more respectful too.

>>54359477
According to the fluff, a spirit won't agree to binding. It's seen as a universally negative thing - an enslavement of their free will, to the point that you can command them to take suicidal risks. That's like taking a Street Samurai out on a date right before you cram a Personafix in their datajack - your gifts and social rolls aren't going to make them okay with it.
>>
>>54359543

>According to the fluff, a spirit won't agree to binding. It's seen as a universally negative thing

Actually, the book says 'Most'.
>>
>>54359543
> Calling Loa is. (Full Stop)
>>
>>54358814
I think the only good actual play I've seen/heard is the Complex Action one and that's probably because they are all pro players and Bobby is a solid gm
>>
>>54359636
>thinks I need it to be good
Haha, you funny.
But thank you. I've never heard of this one. AND it looks like it's shadowrun!
>>
>>54359369
>the typical view is that mundanes can't create a lodge at all
Why? It doesn't require a roll or the use of any specific Magician feature.

I mean, I get it. It's in the Magic chapter, and it's not really of use to a mundane.

But what's stopping a mundane from setting one up?
>>
>>54359738
The description for it doesn't say anything directly about needing to be awakened (though that doesn't mean shit, since they could simply have forgotten it or put it somewhere else). But since the Lodge also has a ward and you need to be a mage to make wards I'm pretty sure you can't make one if you can't make wards
>>
>>54359951
Wards and it needs to be organized astrally - the fact that you need to supply materials in line with your magic tradition (which you don#t have as a mundane) also implies that it is mage-only
>>
>>54359450
>Calling gives you no actual power over the spirit and is very different.
It gives you opportunity to negotiate with the spirit, and they must negotiate with you.
>>
>>54359450
>Calling gives you no actual power over the spirit
I think that's kind of what they're getting at with this. Any deal that comes from Calling is consensual. You can't force anything or enslave, like you do with Binding. It requires agreement from the spirit, instead of just putting on a spectacle like any theatre put up around the act of Binding.
>>
>>54359543
Lodge = foundation == maximum safe force of the ritual.

There's nothing stopping you from using a lodge created by someone else provided it's of the same tradition, but there's no RAW that a mundane can create their own lodge and there's vagueness to whether 'tradition' means hermetic/shamanic or Romani/Draconic/Chaos/etc.
>>54359738
>spend a number of days equal to the lodge’s Force dedicating the space, setting up the physical components, building its astral form, setting up barriers, and harmonizing it to your aura.
Mundanes can't create wards or interact with astral space, barring some GM fiat that cargo-cult following of instructions allows you to set up a lodge without being able to perceive it.

Also, another fun problem with mundanes casting rituals, what happens with the drain? They don't have a tradition so they don't have preset drain attributes, do they just take it to the face? Adepts get to resist drain with BOD+MAG
>>
File: Urgot.jpg (217KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
Urgot.jpg
217KB, 1200x630px
Most fucked up villain you've had? Insect spirits gtfo
>>
>>54360265
I'd presume they use BOD+WIL, similar to that one martial art move that lets mundies slug spirits in the face.
>>
File: Cemetery.png (3MB, 2290x1606px) Image search: [Google]
Cemetery.png
3MB, 2290x1606px
After some initial difficulty understanding the interface, I don't think it turned out too horribly for a trial run.

That said, I am baffled that it's 2017 and there still aren't any easy, robust, and not-shit looking mapmakers for pnp games. The fact that I have to screenshot a video game level editor in order to make this work is beyond silly.
>>
File: apartment.png (2MB, 1596x960px) Image search: [Google]
apartment.png
2MB, 1596x960px
>>54360398
Good going. But yeah the lack of good map-making programs out there is kind of sad.
>>
>>54360398
>>54360582
From Returns' editor?
>>
>>54360265
>Adepts get to resist drain with BOD+MAG
BOD+WIL, you mean.
>>
>>54360265
>Mundanes can't create wards or interact with astral space, barring some GM fiat that cargo-cult following of instructions allows you to set up a lodge without being able to perceive it.
>>54359951
>But since the Lodge also has a ward and you need to be a mage to make wards I'm pretty sure you can't make one if you can't make wards

By that logic, an Adept can't make a Lodge either. Especially if they don't have Astral Perception.
>>
Let's say I need to take down a tank. I have no missile launcher, no decker, and no mage.

How do I accomplish this?
>>
>>54360973
And why is that objectionable?
>>
>>54361245
fire in the hole
>>
>>54361245
shoot out the engine block or something to that effect?
>>
>>54360973
>Temporary Magical Lodge: You can create a temporary magical lodge by spending a number of drams of reagents equal to Force of the lodge. The lodge takes one hour per point of Force to create and thereafter lasts until sunrise or sunset, whichever comes first.
I'd assume this is how it's done if you aren't a mage.

>Once you have the materials, find a space to put it, like your apartment, or a cave in the wilderness, or a secret abandoned sewer tunnel—someplace you won’t mind spending some time. Then spend a number of days equal to the lodge’s Force dedicating the space, setting up the physical components, building its astral form, setting up barriers, and harmonizing it to your aura.
Or you just handwave being able to do this somehow. I don't have an issue with it, tbqh.
>>
>>54361245
What era of tank, WW2, present day, or high-tech?
Human crew?
Urban terrain?
>>
>>54361245
Dig a hole.
This works on any and all forms of tanks, even modern ones, if the hole is big and steep enough.

Note: Must be at least as deep as the tank is long. Attempts to use 90 degree angles.
>>
>>54361443
Tank is SR-era, built 2050s-2070s. In a town, not a city.

My current idea is trying to take a monofilament bola and aim it at the barrel.

>>54361481
Don't have the advantage of prep time. The place the run happens at has a tank on premises and I don't have the advantage of defending.
>>
>>54361497
How strong explosives can you get access to?
Do you have an infiltrator to plant them somewhere in the tank's path?

Can you simply take out the tank crew and then weld the tank shut on the day of the run?
>>
>>54361497
If it has human crew, disable the crew before they get into the tank. If it's manned 24/7 they have to change shifts at some point, that's a weakness you can exploit. If it's AI controlled, tough luck.

Cutting barrel (if you hit, and if the wire can cut it) will reduce efficiency but not disable it. Blasting tank's barrel works because any subsequent attempt to shoot will have shell caught in the stump and detonate there. If you clean-cut the barrel, it can still shoot, just not accurately. And if the main cannon has coaxial machine gun, it can still chew you up with that alone.
>>
>>54361517
I can procure anything from thermite to put on top of the engine block to a cluster of high explosive grenades, the problem is that using all of these requires me to be in the line of sight of, well, a tank. Them deploying it requires it driving out of an area we can mine the hell out of but I don't know if mines exist in Shadowrun.

I'm reasonably certain I can do area denial to make sure they can't get in the damn thing in the first place as we have the advantage of surprise being on the attack, but it could be wirelessly operated and then I've no idea what the hell I'm gonna do.
>>
>>54361549
Can you take out the crew, open the thing up, plant a bomb, close it, then weld it?

Then you can always blow it if it fucks with you, and you have the option of NOT blowing it if you want to be sneaky.

Also, just putting this out there, you could release some horrible things like insect spirits to distract the tank.
>>
>>54361549
Wirelessly operated is something you can deal - jam signal or disable operator. The possibility of autonomous AI is your real concern.
>>
>>54361549
>I don't know if mines exist in Shadowrun.
Motion activated explosives. Motion trigger is one of the three basic triggers for explosives (motion, timed, wireless), so you don't even need to do anything extra to use it.

All you need do is place the explosive so that stepping on it causes it to move. That much should be easy.
>>
>>54361245

Do your legwork on the specifics of the tank, where you're gonna fight it, and why you need to neutralize it. THEN get back to us. Not all tanks are created equal.
>>
New to Shadowrun, what are techonmancers and why have I heard talk of them being stupid conceptually?
>>
What's Ohio like in Shadowrun?
>>
>>54362073
People that can connect to the internet with their brain.
>>
>>54362093
In other words, Neo.
>>
>>54360656
The cemetery, yeah. I assume >>54360582 as well, but I can't speak for him.

Hey, anyone want to share maps so we all have an easier time? I'm more than willing to post anything I make from here on.
>>
>>54362093
How? Are they born with nanomachines in their brains or something?
>>
File: 1375869292259.gif (999KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
1375869292259.gif
999KB, 250x251px
>>54362809
>>
>>54362809
No one knows, and a lot of technomancer brains have been sliced and diced in attempts to find out.
>>
>>54362901
>>54362819
Wow, no wonder people said they were bullshit.
>>
>>54362809
Magic.
>>
>>54360398
There are a few, but most of them are geared towards fantasy.
>>54360948
So I do! Sorry, been a while since I've gone through Hard Targets.
>>54362809
First-generation technomancers (dubbed Otaku) were children experimented on by an insane AI attempting to escape the constraints of its frame. They were able to connect to the Matrix purely with a datajack, which was A Big Thing at the time.
Second-generation technomancers began to emerge following Crash 2.0, with the ability to connect to devices wirelessly. Somehow they're able to generate the necessary signals to connect to the current Matrix's mesh network as though they were a device themselves.

Prevailing theory is that it's a new kind of magic, particularly as the Foundation of the new Matrix may well be some kind of digital metaplane.

tl;dr wizard bullshit
>>
What is keeping someone from just... growing natural food on their own?

Like, I do some home gardening on the side, and it is rather cheap to get some grow lamps and appropriate soil. Is there some kind of diamond-style seed cartel?
>>
>>54363243
You mean aside from the lack of property and space for any real amount of cultivation?
>>
>>54363272
Yeah, that aint no thing. You can stick plants most anywhere you can fit a person and a broom in.
>>
>>54363243
Many people on the outskirts of civilization grow their own food. There are even community farms among some better organized communities in the barrens. For some these sorts of things are a necessity, especially among groups of SINless. Can't shop at a grocery store if you don't have a SIN. Of course that is what local black markets for. You can buy everything from soyramen to unregistered guns. But for those who are less well-to-do, find a patch of unpolluted soil in your backyard and tilling the ground is the best you can do to get by.
>>
>>54363370
Man, it's weird that real food is such a luxury, while simultaneously being dirt-easy to actually grow.
Really, the only people who can't grow it are people who are currently living in a coffin motel.

I just sort of figured there must be some kind of seed cartel, or else the whole "real food is a luxury" thing falls apart.
>>
>>54363067
Nah. People say they're bullshit because their rules are poorly supported shit.
>>
>>54363384
There is. The soy and shit that's actually grown in fields and arcologies are genetically engineered and copyrighted/patented by the megas.
>>
>>54363384
Its not that its difficult to grow really, at least in all but the most inhabitable places (of which there are more than a few), but rather the fact that megacorps have the food industry cornered. Any land worth growing food on is owned by some megacorp already and they pretty much charge whatever they want. Like five nuyen for a fucking apple. The real luxury food is meat. For the price of stuff like beef and chicken, its no wonder that a majority of people eat nutrisoy except for very very special occasions.
>>
>>54363515
Man, shadowrun writers don't have poor man chops.
You can get chickens to live and breed in such hellish confines, that if the price shot up, you'd get all sorts of ass backwards in-apartment farming setups.
>>
>>54363534

Yeah, but can you keep devil-rats out of your crops? Protect your chickens? If you're alone, you have to sleep sometime. If you have a dog or critter, you gotta feed them. Good luck affording a drone to do pest control if you're not a shadowrunner, and if you're a wageslave you'll be violating some reg or other about what's legal, permissible, and hygienic in your living space.

Say it with me now. Dys-to-pi-a.
>>
>>54363534
That is true, and you actually do see plenty of that in-universe. However the average person probably trusts such food sources as much as gas station sushi. How do you know that chicken you bought from the man on the side of the road isn't mutated, or magically cursed, or just plain tainted? The meat sold at your local Stuffer Shack may be expensive, but you know its safe because Aztechnology swears by it and you love Aztechnology so much that at least fifty percent of your home's food stock was produced by them.
>>
>>54363561
Well, whatever method you normally have of not getting your shit bitten by devil rats while you sleep would also work for chickens. So if you're not already a ghoul, you probably have that covered. No need for a critter or drone.

So really the only problem is possibly violating some regulations? Depending on how shady the place you live in is? And whether anyone sees your chicken hell closet?
>>
How much charisma do you need to seduce a dragon?
>>
>>54363596
how much ketchup are you willing to douse yourself in?
>>
>>54363578
Fair enough, but also, people totally will buy that gas station tuna fish sandwich.
I've done it before myself.
>>
>>54363561
>>54363585
>Not baiting the Devil Rats in for premium BBQ rat kebabs.
>>
>>54363611
all of it
>>
>>54363623
No, see, you can't eat devil rats because of their ghoul-disease bullshit.
You instead use them as fertilizer.
>>
>>54363638
That's a lie by the Megacorps to keep you from going after the rats and keeps you dependent on The Mans meat industry, man!
>>
>>54360266
Me, none, cuz i'm GMing.

But my players had to fight a dude who was forced to keep a BTL in his datajack with an iron cage that turned him into a chainsaw wielding madman.
>>
>>54363585
Chummer, I don't know how to break it to you, but people get bit by devil rats despite their precautions. They are in no way 'sufficient' unless you're in an arcology. And again, if you're in an arcology there's no hiding shit. Everything is monitored.

Setting aside that keeping livestock or growing food will attract devilrats above and beyond the normal numbers.

And yeah, violating regs is a big deal if you're a wageslave, you get terminated for that. Sometimes you even get fired.

You got a brain chummer, use it.
>>
Well, I know what I'm doing for my next character. Illegal underground fruit / devil rat kebab vendor.
>>
>>54363707
Do it.
Though you may want to instead feed chickens the devil rats.
As far as I know, there's no ghoul-variant for chickens, so you should be good to go.
>>
>>54363384
>Really, the only people who can't grow it are people who are currently living in a coffin motel.
Not so. The environment of the sixth world is generally fucked. There's a reason soy is the crop of choice - it's the cheapest and most versatile crop that's hardy enough to survive.
>>
>>54363734
That's a much more convincing argument than the devil rat thing.
The soil itself being fouled would force people into more expensive hydro operations, or into somehow finding good soil to steal.
>>
>>54363754

You didn't already know the environment was fucked? In a setting where people wear chemsealed clothes and respirators on bad days?

How much do you actually know about Shadowrun?
>>
>>54363782
See, I figured it couldn't be that fucked since nature was busily reclaiming the fuck out of areas that aren't the cities, enough so that they can hold entire sword and sorcery settings hidden between them.

Therefore thusly, a team of runners is now assigned to steal dirt from the wilderness.
>>
Are there ways for a Face to participate in battle that don't involve weapons, like a Bard for instance?
>>
>>54363817
leadership checks?
>>
>>54363801

Yeah, Nature is reclaiming shit, and anything nature reclaims is most emphatically -not- farmland. Spirits, critters, and awakened plants do nasty things to combines and tractors omae.

Again, I have to ask just how much you actually know about the 6th world if you're unaware of Nature being both a literal and metaphorical force of nature.

>>54363817
Leadership skills. Small unit tactics?
>>
>>54363833
That is why you steal the dirt from the spirits, critters, and awakened plants to bring out of nature, anon.
>>
>>54363840
Omae, there are less painful ways to commit suicide than pissing off spirits that can move at the speed of thought and shrug off most mundane weapons.

Swear to fuck, the more you say the more ignorant you look. Shut up and lurk moar.
>>
>>54363876
Hell, the more he says the more I want to make an NPC based on the idea. I'm loving it.
>>
>>54363876
Sounds like real good low level run ideas to me, anon.
I don't know why you are so upset about someone plugging plot holes with sick heists.
>>
>>54363880
It's a great NPC idea, but suicidal shadowrunners are a drag on the group.
>>
>>54363890
Because they're not plotholes, as I've been explaining?
>>
>>54363840
>Not helping Spirits of nature fight The Manâ„¢ in exchange for gardening supplies and their favor.
>Not growing kickass mana enriched food that's guarded by ghosts that punch the aforementioned rat problems for you.
>>
>>54363893
No, the runners are hired to do this, not doing it for themselves.
I mean, I guess they theoretically could do it for themselves, but it's sort of a long-term payoff if they do it for themselves, which is not something runners tend to do.
>>54363898
Your explanations have been kinda shakey.
>>
>>54363900
>Making friends with non-sentient objects
Shaman please
>>
>>54363801
>See, I figured it couldn't be that fucked since nature was busily reclaiming the fuck out of areas that aren't the cities
It's reclaiming the fuck out of places, but not in a natural, wholesome way. Nature is growing teeth, claws, nasty magic, and hardening the fuck up.
>>
>>54363920
If only there were some kind of expendable armed mercenaries you could hire under the nose of legal authorities to do this kind of acquisition work for you.
>>
>>54363905
>Your explanations have been kinda shakey.
There's a fundamental assumption happening that you know anything about Shadowrun, at which point you would not come back with obvious shit that's not going to fly.

Yet here we are.
>>
>>54363905
Dude, anything Nature reclaims is wilderness, anything you try to grow in the barrens is gonna get fucked over by devilrats, assuming you can get proprietary seeds from the megas.

Trying to grow shit in an arcology as a wageslave is gonna get you busted and thrown out for not buying from the company store.

It's not shaky, it's the basics of the damn setting. If you don't believe me, look into the 6th world.

>>54363927
If only that hiring said expensive mercs wouldn't drive up the price you have to charge for your food in order to break even, unlike Megacorps who exploit economies of scale.

I swear to Dog, the more you talk the more you sound like a fucking idiot.
>>
>>54363944
Honestly, if I wanted to be no-fun about this, I could go into how it would probably be pretty easy to purify some local dirt, but that would cut out the need for shadowrunners in the crazy scheme.
>>
>>54363954
The 6th world is kind of full of plotholes and things that are handwaved for the sake of game balance, anon.
Like soy being hardy or having good return on investment
The corporations should be using algae
>>
>>54363958
What local dirt in a city? All the arable farmland is owned by megas, or inhospitable due to Nature being all fUCK MetAhuMANs.

There's nothing stopping you from growing a small herb garden or a few plants, but you're not gonna be able to subsist off it.

>>54363974
They do. They also go in for mycoprotein and fishfarms/krill.
>>
>>54363974
What part of genetically engineered proprietary strains did you miss about the soy? It's not the same plant you see growing today. Not only is it crazy tough, it grows faster and produces more.
>>
>>54363996
Just grab some shit dirt from the barrens, fix it up, and grow it in the non-barrens.

A small victory garden wouldn't be enough to subsist off of if you ate it directly, but if you sold it as real food and then bought the cheap stuff for yourself to eat, it might be a viable business plan.
>>
>>54364002
>>54363996
>But it's genetically engineered
Do that... to the algae. It's already hands down way better than soy, which really shouldn't even be mentioned given the competitors of krill, fungi, and algae.
>>
>>54363958
>I could go into how it would probably be pretty easy to purify some local dirt
And then you have to deal with keeping it clean, everyone that wants your dirt for themselves, and anyone that considers that patch of previously useless dirt their own.
>>
>>54364041
It's actually pretty easy to maintain dirt.
Also, you don't have to leave it where you found it. Take it somewhere else.
>>
>>54364030
And if we're being super honest here, krill really shouldn't be in the running either.
Algae and fungi are where it's at, as each can provide 100% of a human's nutritional needs. Especially with genetic engineering, and they are lower on the food chain than krill, which means less energy cost.
>>
>>54364054
It's pretty easy to maintain dirt

Until that toxic spirit takes offense to you removing pollutants from it. Or that nature spirit doesn't approve of you not turning the cleaned dirt over to the wilds.

Remember, anything that can turn a profit eventually attracts organized crime or gangers.
>>
>>54364073
You're really exaggerating the power and population of spirits, chummer. If there were toxic spirits watching over all the acidic dirt in the barrens, nobody could live there at all.

And protection, be it corpsec or gangers, is overhead for everyone. You pay a little more if you are making more money, but that's no reason not to make more money.
>>
>>54364095

Yeah, I am. And you know what most folks are when it comes to magic and spirits? Ignorant, fearful, and mistrustful.

And profit margins are low enough in subsistence farming that you're not going to have a lot left over to pay for protection.

Have fun with the devil rats destroying your crop and not having gangers nab your livestock to fence on the black market.
>>
If you wanted to be super boring about it, you could simply compost purchasable soy goods, grow plants on that, then sell the results for markup.
Or eat the soy goods and compost the waste.
You know, hippie tech.
>>
>>54364124
>subsistence farming
>eating your own product if you are growing it for profit
You lack business sense, anon.
>>
>>54364095
>If there were toxic spirits watching over all the acidic dirt in the barrens
Are you talking about barrens dirt? Then you have zero corporate protection, a shit ton more gangs to deal with, and no paracritter exterminators.
>>
>>54364159
You do realize you can move dirt, right?
>>
>>54364145
Subsistence-scale farming then, you pedantic autismo.

>>54364159
Shhh, shh. Protection is just 'overhead'. This idea is flawless.

>>54364165
You realize dirt is pointless if you're trying to farm efficiently in an urban setting right? You need to look into hydroponics you mongoloid.
>>
>>54364175
Hydro would be the step up once you are getting into larger scale operations.
Dirt's fine for the small scale side operations being boring requires.
Like, shit, it's like you guys haven't grown a thing in your life.
>>
>>54364184
Though, you'll always have the dirt purists arguing that's superior. It is in many ways, due to the ease of re-enriching it, but hydro offers a much more sterile and controlled environment. No fucking around with bacteria cultures and shit.

You know, pros and cons.
>>
>>54364184
That's a good point anon.
If you're growing shit in Shadowrun, where did you learn how? Who the fuck teaches small-scale hands on farming anymore?

And no, dirt's not fine, it takes up space and the more space you take up the more property you have to own, or defend if you're squatting. The less dirt you have and the more you try to grow, the more fertilizer you have to use. Where you getting fertilizer? Shit? That's gonna contaminate the food you're growing if you use human, and where are you gonna get any other animal feces in quantity?

There's no way this is a long-term or profitable venture in the 6th world.

Also, I grew up on a farm dipstick. What do you know about farming and keeping bugs and disease from your crops that doesn't come from your momma's flower garden?
>>
>>54364209
>>54364184
Dirt would probably be superior if you are going for profit margins and don't have a water-preferable plant like rice or some shit.
You don't really need the manicured water plants if any ol' organic produce is already worth so much.
>>
>>54364165
Why are you moving dirt?
>>
>>54364248
As someone who grew up on a farm, you don't know shit about shit. Literal shit.

I bet you think you just throw it the fuck on there like some kind of savage.
>>
>>54364262
Get it to somewhere you can work it.
>>
>>54364263
>As someone who grew up on a farm, you don't know shit about shit. Literal shit.
You're arguing shit about fertiliser being more complicated than shit, against the guy saying fertiliser is complicated crap to deal with. Which means you need to get your shit straight, son.
>>
>>54364263
Yeaaah, sure you did. If you grew up on a farm you'd realized what idiocy this idea was.
>>
>>54364295
Fertilizer's not the most complicated shit. The hardest part would probably be getting the right culture. Oh, and turning it, I guess.
>>
>>54364299
As someone who used to make a tidy profit in the keeping-plants-indoors-for-massive-profit market, it actually sounds a lot like the kind of stuff I used to do, albeit a bit more improvised.
>>
>>54364301

It is when you're growing proprietary seeds you got from a mega either through paying an obscene amount or stealing them.

You know, the sort of plants that have specific fertilizer requirements to prevent competitors from just up and running off with them?

>>54364321
Growing weed isn't the same thing as growing food omae, and we're talking about in the 6th world, not modern times and culture.
>>
>>54364335
Honestly the food thing sounds way easier, given it's not even illegal, and the selling price is still dumb-high.
You probably don't want to use proprietary plants, as that would lower the end-sell-price that "natural" would get you.
>>
>>54364350
You don't get to use anything other than proprietary plants, as most everything that isn't engineered to survive is either dead and gone, or rare as fuck and thus expensive to get ahold of.

Everything sounds easy as long as you don't think about the setting.
>>
>>54364370
>These extremely profitable things with no DRM are rare as fuck for some reason
plot holes
>>
>>54364370
>Everything sounds easy as long as you don't think about the setting.
This. The be all and end all of "why don't we just ..." for Shadowrun.
>>
>>54364388
But anon, if you think about the setting then you realize soy is retarded and essence is retarded and nanites are retarded and and and
>>
>>54364382
...Did you miss the part where the world is kind of polluted and was killing off a lot of the nonmagical wildlife? It's not a plothole that nonDRM crops were outcompeted by crops specifically engineered to be cheaper to grow and generate more profit.

>>54364395
And SO IS FUCKING FARMING IN A SPRAWL. Has it sunk in yet?
>>
>>54364388
Well, considering how pants on head retarded farmanon is, I'd edit that.

>"Everything sounds easy as long as you don't think."
>>
>>54364409
Indoor farming exists, and the more of the marketshare genetically engineered stuff takes up, the more valuable the natural stuff becomes. And the natural stuff has no DRM. It would require everyone at every step to be incredibly stupid for that stuff to no longer be in relatively widespread circulation.
>>
>>54364431
>Humanity doing stupid things for profit
Welcome to the 6th world, enjoy your stay.
Also
>Implying people give two shits about GMO foods when there are genetic augs on the market.

So, did you just get interested in Shadowrun yesterday, or are you only pretending for the lulz?
>>
>>54364419
Honestly, he raises some pretty good points about how dumb shadowrun's entire food deal is.
>>
>>54364445
Yeah, the food situation is deliberately dumb for profit.

That doesn't mean that being a farmer in the sprawl is any less of a fool's errand. Might be interesting to do a few runs for, but they won't be able to afford shadowrunners long unless they're actually being bankrolled by a corp.

At which point, it's not just a one-person operation, is it?
>>
>>54364439
They would have to be dumb in ways that aren't profitable to themselves, anon. Almost everyone would have to be acting in a way that is not in their own financial interests for this to occur. And people apparently give a fair shit about GMO, given the inflated price of non-fucked-with food.

It's weird that you accuse anyone of being new to shadowrun with your crazy distorted view of how things like spirits work.
>>
>>54364461
I actually can see quite a long term profit in securing supplies to provide a closet industry of victory gardens, on the wider black trenchcoat scale, personal victory gardens for profit on the smaller black trenchcoat scale, or personal massive grow ops on the wider pink mohawk scale.
>>
>>54364485
Trying to do it in a pink mohawk is worst. That just leads to gangers or a local A-corp hiring another team of runners to just burn the shit down to not only drive out competition, but also drive up prices.

It's Shadowrun. Cyberpunk Dystopia. The man is -always- gonna bring down the little guy.

>>54364465
People pay more for 'nonfuckedwithfood' because A: fruit and orchards take longer to produce than fields of GMO soy, B: Real meat is always going to be expensive to produce and the GGD spewing ash over north america/NAN sitting on ranching country isn't good for beef markets and C:Nongmo food requires more attention and upkeep to produce. They don't pay more because they distrust GMO, they pay more because of status and the increase cost.

It's the same reason upscale establishments still use metahuman servants instead of drones.

FFS, learn the goddamn setting.
>>
>>54364530
I think you should learn the setting chummer, because the price of the food went significantly higher than the price of producing the food, all things considered.
Also I think you've got the wrong impression of pink mohawk if you think the guy doesn't have their own gang with their large scale bullshit.
Like you already said: The corps are charging an arbitrarily high price for real food, not something dependent on margins. That leaves room for the little guy.
>>
>>54364530
>People don't care about GMO
>They just pay more for non GMO because of status and cost

So... they care about GMO
>>
I like how we went from
>>54363370
to whatever this is
>>54364530
>>
>>54364556
>The corps are charging an arbitrarily high price for real food
Do you have something you can cite to support this?
>>
>>54363370
>Can't shop at a grocery store if you don't have a SIN
Black market bodegas exist for this.
>>
>>54364623
To make things easy, Imma cite that guy
>>54363515
>>
>>54364633
A book, anon. A shadowrun source book.
>>
>>54364758
As many as anyone else has.
>>
>>54364758
>>54364861
In page 97 of chrome flesh it goes on about how there are underground agriculture rings, especially in the ork underground, and the main reason for corporate dominance is due to corporate made laws, and not any kind of production problems.

So basically underground food rings work and are already in the setting.
>>
>>54364909
It also says that the lower class can get ahold of goat meat readily, and the middle class can get chicken and pork.
>>
>>54364909
True, they do work, but they're not one man shit shacks. That's the entire ork underground (and some other places) getting their shit together.
>>
>>54364925
5e is somewhat confused on the topic of food, admittedly. I think that's part of the reason people bait with it here.
>>
>>54364952
There's also private urban farms, the underground agriculture movement, and the private greenhouses in run faster.
I mentioned the ork underground specifically because they have a long history of it, but they're not the only ones who do it.
>>
>>54364962
I don't see any bait in the thread.
Other than, maybe, that guy calling someone pants on head retarded for reciting an idea on food production out of the book.
That was probably bait.
>>
>>54364977
>I don't see any bait in the thread.
Then you're missing the forest for the trees.
>>
>>54365002
Or should that be the other way around? Either way.
>>
>>54365002
You're right, that guy was baiting pretty hard with that nonsense on small guy agriculture being impossible. Turns out, by the setting, it is exactly possible enough to create shadowruns. Who'dathunkit?
>>
>>54365018
And the bait goes on, and on, and on.
>>
So, I did some number crunching.
A single dwarf apple tree produces upwards of 500 apples in a growing season. That's 2,500 nuyen per dwarf apple tree per season. Dwarf apples trees are 3-4 ft.
http://eartheasy.com/grow_fruit_tree.htm
A squatter lifestyle plus greenhouse costs a total of 1,000 nuyen a month. This includes the supplies for growing.
So, assuming one harvest a year, you could support a squatter lifestyle and the funds for growing stuff off of 5 trees. Which would take an incredibly small amount of space.

You could easily crank more profits out of this by actually filling your greenhouse instead of using just five trees, allowing you funds for things like security, a higher lifestyle, and keeping your operation underground and not rumbled by the cops.
And this is with natural, shitty plants. Imagine using jailbroken genemodded plants.
>>54365027
Please stop baiting.
>>
>>54365067
though, if we go with this source, a single dwarf tree can produce around 550 apples a year.
http://extension.missouri.edu/p/G6021
It's less convenient though, since they give you bushel yields and bushel weights, which you then have to calculate with how much an apple weighs.
>>
>>54365067
Who do you think you're selling 50Â¥ apples to from a squatter hovel, McBait?
>>
>>54365093
Uh, anon, 2,500 divided by 500 is 5, not 50.

If the apples were 50 nuyen, you'd make 25,000 nuyen per dwarf apple tree.

Are you baiting right now, or bad at math?
>>
>>54365067
this is autism

To try to prod it on and make it grow, you need to take into account the inability of someone to sell their overpriced unbranded street apples when soy apples that are trustworthy and a fraction of the price are everywhere
Also, how will the tree grow in an urban environment? Will it grow with the pollutants and other random shit they get in the alley where they live? Probably not well.
>>
>>54365067
not him, but where do you get the seeds?
Also, why do you assume it will give the full 500 apple harvest?
>>
So questions to your DMs out there.
A: Would you allow High-Power Chambering to be used for things that wouldn't normally be able to use it, simply to show that it's modified to hit harder in some way? EX: 2000 Nuyen worth of modifications to a bow so it can shoot a bigger arrow than normal, or have higher drawstrength.
B: Reduced Weight, Would you allow it to make an otherwise two-handed weapon one-handed, Such as a claymore?
C: And would you allow Reduced Weight for non-guns in the first place even though its worded rather ambiguously it's obviously only written as if guns are the only thing it can be applied to.
>>
>>54365105
500 is the average, it could be anywhere from 300 to 700.
Buy the seeds from the ork underground.

>>54365103
Anon, growing it properly is covered by the 500 nuyen a month greenhouse expense.
And like I said, you have ample wiggle room to reduce prices or add security, as you only need five to break even at normal market rates.
>>
>>54365120
wow
it's real, homegrown autism
not that store-bought fake stuff
>>
>>54365134
>basic math to back up what the book says is autism
>>
>>54365114
I actually like the idea of using high power chambering on a claymore to make it a proper buster sword.
Too bad melee is too neglected to get its own way to handle a modification like that.
>>
>>54365093
>>54365101
I don't have a reaction image for my mathematical chuckles.
>>
>>54365067
If you want to go high lifestyle, you could get three greenhouses and have them be covered by the lifestyle.
it's 10,000 a month though.
That means you'd need to cram in like fiddy plants, though.
Might be worth it depending on how much you value the nicer things in life. Depending on how big the greenhouses actually are.
>>
What the Fuck, I look away for a couple of hours and the thread turns into Trash and Whores 2.0?
>>
>>54365103
How much does a soy apple cost?
Does it say in any book?
>>
>>54365221
cheaper than a real one
>>
>>54365234
but by how much, and where?
>>
>>54365238
According to 4E probably <2 nuyen available in vending machines everywhere
>>
>>54365246
That... is not much cheaper. I expected like .25 nuyen.
>>
>>54365067
Man fuck that, go with dwarf peaches.
Peaches go for 20 nuyen a pop, and a dwarf tree makes 1-3 bushels, or 100-300 peaches, a year. That's 2,000 minimum to 6,000!
Compared with the apple's 1,500 to 3,500 range.

Peaches, man, they're fucking amazing.
>>
>>54365259
Two nuyen is an entire meal, they didn't list anything less. I think we can assume that you'd be paying a minimum of 500% more for autist apples, and you'd be buying them from some autist off the street instead of the nice corp vending machine
>>
>>54365283
akshooally, it'd be a minimum of 250% more, assuming he doesn't drop prices like he is able to according to the model, given that it's anywhere from 1.999~ to 0 nuyen.

And an entire meal is 5 nuyen in 5e. So, if a soy-apple is worth an entire meal, then, adjusted for inflation, it would be worth exactly as much as one of the real apples.

The real apples could conceivably be cheaper than the soy apples under these parameters, if he chose to use the extra space to give savings to customers and went lighter on the security.
>>
>>54365306
i mean if you choose not to use the numbers you asked for and treat an apple as an entire meal then anything is possible
and that's why you shitpost about how to live a shitty boring life in a game of pretend where you can do whatever you want
>>
>>54365334
Anon, you gave 4e numbers, which are lower than 5e numbers. Inflation adjustments happen.
That, and you couldn't even give precise numbers, just vague guesswork of a value anywhere from 0 to 1.99 nuyen, pre-inflation.

I don't see why you are crying shitpost just because someone pointed out that a thing could happen. Do you do that when someone mentions that shadowrunners could do way better than RAW payouts by just chopshopping cars?

The setting is nonsensical poorly researched bullshit. Enjoy it, and assist a crazy guy in stealing supplies for his apple farm.
>>
>>54362809
I've slapped together some very contrived and frustrated lore for it that basically establishes the Matrix 2.0 as a weird quantum network that functions on the entire telecommunications radio spectrum we use now, and that technomancers are just weird bullshit psychics who happen to function within the same EM spectrum that happens to have been united by Future Techâ„¢.

Essentially, if they were born in 201X, they'd be hearing radio broadcasts, picking up satellite TV, and getting headaches whenever they made Hot Pockets.

Maybe the Matrix also mimics brainwaves? Who knows? Who cares? It's constructed from handwavium and science-fantasy. Hell, for all the explanation is worth, technomancers could microwave people with the internet. Better than what CGL have given, at least, even with in-universe speculation.
>>
I have a large drone rack and up to 142k to spend on a drone for it.
What do?
>>
>>54365465
buy a shitload of noizquitos
>>
Man I was also planning on starting some farming in my game
Got a small gang under our command and some territory.
Mage with Clean(Water) and Clean(Earth)
Some of the gangers were farmers so have the know-how
Gonna use what money I have saved up to build green houses on roof and vertical gardens
Being in Europe it would be easier to get/steal seeds
All this not to make proffit but to supplement our diet
>>
>>54365808
My runner team has Luxury + Well Stocked + Ultramodern and shit so honestly were probably eating real pork or someshit.
>>
File: Carlos.jpg (26KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Carlos.jpg
26KB, 350x350px
>>54365808
>Some of the gamgers were farmers
>>
>>54365862
I sure hope you're playing a prime runner game omae.
>>
>>54365886
Were splitting the cost 4 ways, We'll be fine.
And I'll tase the shit out of anyone who refuses to pay their share, I handle our payment I know you have the money goddamnit.
>>
I feel like tazing us is Gabby's least effective way to get us to pay
>>
>>54365926
You don't social combat your team omae. Its just not done.
>>
>>54365873
Chinese farmer girls sold to the vory and used as bunraku dolls
Took our offer on joining our gang after we freed them.
>>
Can you force someone into rigging drone with trodes connected to control rig, both trodes and RCC are owned by you?
>>
>>54366182
>trodes connected to control rig
That's not how rigging works.
>>
>>54366202
But you need DNI don't you?
>>
>>54366215
No.

>It has a built-in sim module, so you can use it for DNI with other devices.

RTFB, chummer.
>>
>>54366234
Shit you right, was having RCC in mind, you can't do rigging with just trodes don't you?
>>
>>54366254
Nope. Rigging is purely Control Rig territory.
>>
>>54354828
I can only reply to GGD in a way that'll take us down /pol/ Boulevard, so instead I'll just compliment you on your choice of webm.
>>
>>54363243
>What is keeping someone from just... growing natural food on their own?
There's literally a Lifestyle trait where you have a greenhouse or garden or something where you grow fresh food. It costs a little more, but that's the price of real food.

Non-synthetic food isn't completely inaccessible or something. It's just so much more rare/expensive that most people can't afford the price point.

You can find diners that make omelettes with real eggs. You can get a burger made of real beef. But they're going to cost 5 or more times what a soyburger or whatever costs, which means the majority of people can't really afford them except as a rare luxury item, which means that most locations aren't even going to bother to stock them since they rarely sell and have an expiration date.

It's not that the average person has never had the opportunity to eat real food - it's that they can't afford to make it a regular part of their weekly diet, so they never acquired a taste for natural food in the first place.

All of that said, most farming is done indoors, because of out-of-control pollution (toxic air, acid rain, etc) and magical paracritter vermin (imagine being the asshole who lost an entire field of crops to an angry pack of hellhounds). So, most of the soy that goes into your food is farmed in vertical hydroponic towers inside of cities, and so on. So, turning your guest room into a hydroponics-and-grow-lamps garden is definitely seen as the 'normal' way to farm in the 2070s.
>>
>>54365067
Sounds like you've got a 15 Karma day job going on here, with a fake SIN to be actually able to sell your... apples, and about half your profits going to fertilizer/bribes to stay in business.
>>
>>54363638
>>54363585
Devil rats are carriers of VITAS, not HMHVV. VITAS is the one that causes an auto-immune response where your body acquires an allergy to itself and slowly dies. You know, the plague that crippled America so badly that the natives were able to steal back the NAN territories?

Most surviving people are immune/resistant to it now.
>>
>>54367799
I'm actually really curious about this, since I want to make a char with a background in soy production. What official lore exists on the subject of food production in the Sixth World? Besides occasional half-sentence allusions, that is.
>>
>>54363817
Leadership tests, Small Unit Tactics, and Social Adepts have access to 'yell at an enemy to do something and they actually do it, the mad bastards' powers.
>>
>>54367869
Chrome Flesh - Bioware chapter.
>>
>>54367869
It's spread around, but it's out there. I can't remember which books exactly, but look for the lifestyle-related ones. The runners' companions, the books on fashion and food, that kind of thing. And it's spread across editions too, for that matter.

Basically, you have vertical farming blocks for plants, tank mass-grown krill and algae, and culturing vats for things like yeast and fungal proteins.

Then they take all of those ingredients, render them down into raw nutrient blocks/pastes, and feed them into food synthesizers (industrial-scale food 3D printers) where they try to get the closest approximation of the right shape and texture that they can, combined with food dye and artificial flavoring.

Most people actually like that crap too, the same way people in real life actually like soft drinks and processed cheese product. Developing a taste for real food requires an investment that most people don't make in the first place. So, most people are perfectly happy with their soy burgers, reprocessed algae 'vegetables,' and mycoprotein cheese substitute. They see anyone who's not happy with them as being just some kind of a snob looking for something to feel superior about.
>>
File: 1338136897477.jpg (133KB, 700x554px) Image search: [Google]
1338136897477.jpg
133KB, 700x554px
>>54368050
>Most people actually like that crap too, the same way people in real life actually like soft drinks and processed cheese product. Developing a taste for real food requires an investment that most people don't make in the first place. So, most people are perfectly happy with their soy burgers, reprocessed algae 'vegetables,' and mycoprotein cheese substitute. They see anyone who's not happy with them as being just some kind of a snob looking for something to feel superior about.
This. People in the Sixth World see real-food-eaters the way that people in the 2010s see gluten-free non-GMO farmers-market-shopping vegans. There's perfectly good 'normal' food, but they have to be some fad-chasing snooty patoots? Prissy little cunts.
Thread posts: 364
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.