[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/gbg/ Godbound general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: banner.png (841KB, 1024x989px) Image search: [Google]
banner.png
841KB, 1024x989px
Previous thread: >>54170654
Trove: https://mega.nz/#F!l6gyGJIY!a9EKxOkVtOV8ZsYQ7XgENQ

>What is Godbound?
A rules-light fantasy power-trip TTRPG about playing demigods, accomplishing epic feats, battling mythological creatures, and reshaping the world in your image.

>Where can I get it?
Look in the trove, or get the free version here :
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/185959/Godbound-A-Game-of-Divine-Heroes-Free-Edition

Thread starter:
>Faction rules. Do you use them? Did you hack them? How can they be improved?
>>
>>54332636
>faction rules
They're fine as long as you don't do stupid shit like treating a bunch of smaller groups like villages as individual Factions instead of rolling them together into a single larger group.
>>
>>54332636
Every experience I've had with the game has been a disaster; has anyone had a good, long lasting campaign of this? How much were rules altered, what did it focus on, etc.?
>>
>>54333481
Not yet a long lasting campaign, but I'm three sessions in, and so far it has been great.
Right now, the PCs are transitioning from a focus on discovery of the setting to expansionist goals.
There is a lot of talking, as they try to bring people to their side, and strike deals with the other prominent figures.
The two fights that happened where brief and intense : in both cases, the pantheon was outmatched and had to find a way to get out of the conflict alive rather than defeat the opposition.

I'm mostly GMing it as some kind of political conspiracy campaign, with angels, made-gods and godbounds all scheming to take over the universe. I have the three main antagonists (that the PCs have yet to meet) manipulating the NPCs from the shadows to further their goals. The campaign's overall structure is somewhat equivalent to Night's Black Agents' conspiramid.

Last session, the PCs discovered the Night Roads, Heaven Shards and realms other than Arcem (Qelong and Yoon-Suin). The scope of the campaign is expanding quickly, they plan on taking control of the Patrian Empire next session.

As far as rule alteration goes, I increased the amount of XP per session in order to speed-up character progression: it's going to be a short campaign ending in September, and I don't want the PCs to stay low level until the end. My plan is to have them sit on the Throne at the last session, but we'll see how it goes.
>>
>>54333980
>they plan on taking control of the Patrian Empire next session
That's something that should take a lot longer than one session. Take a look at the example adventures set across the border in Dulumbai; even taking control of a single city is a major adventure.
>>
>>54334028
Oh, I doubt they are going to succeed in a single session, but I won't prevent them from trying.
>>
>>54333176
Yeah, as soon as you add too many groups, every faction turn take ages to play and becomes a pain.
>>
>>54333980
Mm, well I've GMed and played it a number of times and none of the games made it past six sessions. Once you start going in to the strategic side (not that the rest is particularly enthralling) of the game, it really falls apart.
>>
File: beast.png (244KB, 512x316px) Image search: [Google]
beast.png
244KB, 512x316px
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.