[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Found out my dad is secretly a fa/tg/uy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: DragonQuest3.jpg (83KB, 622x800px) Image search: [Google]
DragonQuest3.jpg
83KB, 622x800px
So, I was just idly searching through tabletop game meetups in my local area to see if anything caught my interest, and noticed a group running Dragon Quest, an older system that existed as an alternative to early D&D.
To my extreme surprise, the organizer of the group is my dad. There are meetups listed here that go back for years and years, and there's another one scheduled for later this month.
I had no idea. He never let on that he played such games, and never mentioned to anyone that he was doing this, as far as I know.
I've been interested in tabletop RPGs since I was a kid, but never knew my father was, too. Even when I brought home my very first rulebook, a 3rd edition D&D player's handbook, he didn't say a word.
I'm conflicted on this. On the one hand, I feel a little robbed. I could've connected with him on this, since he was always very distant. Why didn't he ever want to play with me or talk to me about about it?
On the other hand, I'm kind of excited. I'm a grown man now, with a wife and a life of my own, and I haven't really seen him in years. This might be my chance to reach out, connect, and actually get close to my father for the first time in my life.
I'm equal parts hurt, puzzled, and hopeful.

What do you think, /tg/? What should I do with this?
>>
>>54332032
Maturity says talk to him about it.

The "Do it for the story and because we demand entertainment" says create a second Meetup account and get yourself recruited to his group, then show up for Game Night and make it a big surprise.
>>
>>54332047
I'm a little worried about just talking to him about it. He's kept it a secret for all these years. Does he even want to talk about it?
I don't know what to think, honestly.
>>
>>54332104
>Does he even want to talk about it?

Find out. You'll regret not talking to him about it more than finding out he doesn't want to RP with you. Probably... Maybe...
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.