[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Savage Worlds General? /savg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: SavageWorldsCover.jpg (630KB, 2313x930px) Image search: [Google]
SavageWorldsCover.jpg
630KB, 2313x930px
We Could Make It Work edition.

Latest News
https://www.peginc.com/category/news/

The Trove:
https://mega.nz/#F!W1kVEYqB!A7DF1X9IvSEd0dtwEqIn6w

This is a thread dedicated to all things Savage Worlds, whether discussing your favourite supplements or sharing your own, argueing over bennies and cards or giving GM advice.

What have been playing?

Who are your characters?

What is your adventure?
>>
Salty because I never got to play in a roll20 Hell on Earth campaign due to my GM being Steely Phil.

My friend is planning an XCOM 2-based oneshot despite having fuck-all experience with the game (he got me to sort most characters' starting gear) so that's gonna be a laugh and a half
>>
>>54331977
Have you played regular Deadlands? It might be heresy to admit but I've never done so. How is it?

XCOM would be great honestly. Make sure he raises all the target numbers for shots so you get lots of misses.
>>
>>54332005
Played a tiny bit of regular Deadlands, don't remember much of it.

And I know, I did a oneshot based on the original. Things got hilarious when the team's heavy kicked down a door, rushed the Sectoid inside and punched it the fuck out for interrogation, then proceeded to use his AT-4 on the EXALT agents trying to take the alien corpses/artefacts for themselves. Great session, although I probably should've had more aliens.
>>
Are there domain management rules in any setting or supplement?
>>
>>54332202
That reminds me of an Only War session me and a few buddies ran a few months back.

Squad leader ordered the Heavy to kick down the door, failed miserably and got his foot stuck in the door and his head on the floor, this immediately alerted the Orks on the other side, who peppered the door with bullets and nearly killing him. One more bleed test and he would have been a goner.

Back to Savage Worlds, there's a supplement running on Kickstarter at the moment about modern warfare and spec ops combat and that called GhostOps.

I was looking forward to getting back into the Only War-like themes with it, but honestly it might also come in handy for XCOM too before you get to all the alientech plasma and laser rifles.
>>
>>54331909
general threads are cancer
shitvag hurls is cancer
you are cancer
>>
>>54332493
Rippers has you manage your lodge, and Broken Earth has you manage a survivor community. Both of those are in the trove. You also have a bunch more I can link below:

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/89055/Hellfrost-Resource-Management?cPath=4510_20069

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/152658/Tricarnia-Land-of-Princes-and-Demons

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/105885/Tattered-Banners--Bandit-Lords-and-Mercenary-Captains
>>
>>54332601
>>54332493
My mistake, the Hellfrost one is in the Trove under "Rassilon Expansion - Hellfrost".
>>
Have any of you guys ever ran or played in a game with an encounter that was specifically supposed to be a boss encounter? If you did, how did it go?
>>
File: rsdfsdfdsfddfs.jpg (166KB, 839x681px) Image search: [Google]
rsdfsdfdsfddfs.jpg
166KB, 839x681px
>>54332726
Running a Ripper campaign like Bloodborne I ran a boss encounter against a Plague Doctor that could control crows and resurrect corpses the crows landed on.

I thought it would be best if he was split up into phases, so the first phase was basically just the Doctor (a beefed up wildcard) and two zombies in a straight up fight with the heroes, then after he was killed and when everyone thought it was over, a larger crow tore into his corpse and large black wings ripped out from his back, giving him crow-related magic powers, the ability to fly and just even more strength. The Weird Scientist had been saving all the charges of his flamethrower up until that point, and unleashed everything he had to kill it. The wound penalties from that made the rest of the fight not too difficult, but the players agreed it was the best session they've ever done, so I won't complain.

My advice after the fact would be to give the boss a player's compliment of bennies (Equal to the number of players I guess), and have them not effected by wound penalties.
>>
>>54332557
No anon, you are the cancer
and then anon was virtualoptim

>>54332547
Sweet! There was a Showdown supplement for that sort of thing, but actually using it as an RPG might be a bit tricky. Looking forward to seeing if this does the business.
>>
>>54332700
Thanks a bunch Savage Anon, will read those!
>>
>>54332877
Happy to help! There shouldn't be much issue using them outside their intended setting. What did you have in mind to use them for?
>>
File: Weird-Wars-I-1.png (613KB, 1269x590px) Image search: [Google]
Weird-Wars-I-1.png
613KB, 1269x590px
What's you guys favourite setting? My vote goes to Weird War 1.

No other RPG models the Belgium Army in WW1 fighting trench zombies so accurately.
>>
>>54332935
>not Rifts
>>
>>54331909
>What have been playing?
Been trying out a Halo campaign with covenant players. Only completed one session, so far though we're having fun.

>Who are your characters?
A grunt, an Elite and a Brute, with a Prophet to serve as the leader. They aren't big on lore though so it's fairly surface level.

>What is your adventure?
Typical Halo shit, forerunners, Flood and 1 Spartan that's hunting the party down.
>>
>>54331909
Last couple of weeks I've been GMing Fallout one shots, it's been fun.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.