[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did he regret his actions in his final moments?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 287
Thread images: 43

File: horus.jpg (151KB, 755x717px) Image search: [Google]
horus.jpg
151KB, 755x717px
>>
>>54329158
Some say maybe.
>>
>>54329158
Hard to say as Gouldstein and Aaron "Daddy beat me" Bowden are planning to retcon the end of the heresy.
>>
>>54329158
Isn't there text claiming that he had a moment of clarity when the Chaos Gods fled his dying body?
>>
>>54329223
Source?
>>
>>54329223
Emps is going to laugh maniacally while fucking Sanguinius' lukewarm corpse (whom he killed for failing to kill Horus) and then Horus will understand that the Emperor was the true Horus Heresy the whole time.
>>
File: 7c9.png (837KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
7c9.png
837KB, 600x600px
>>54329266
>>
>>54329266
>My only regret is that I have boneitis.
>>
File: Not even once.png (55KB, 814x383px) Image search: [Google]
Not even once.png
55KB, 814x383px
>>54329267
He's a fucking hack who was more interesting in making a name for himself than respecting the source material that gave him a job.
>>
>>54329224
Old William King short story yes

But as has been pointed out >>54329223
they have explicitly said they are undoing King's stories
>>
>>54329302
>if you'd like to quote me away from this forum, please provide appropriate context

kek. What an ass
>>
>>54329224
And in that moment, behind blood choked airways, he wordlessly uttered: Fuck you, Lorgar.
>>
>>54329327
As the God-Emperor released a torrent of energy that tore Horus asunder, he had but a single epiphany, a gasp, an echo within the darkness of the void.
>Traps are gay!
>>
>>54329364
An ass to the end then
>>
>>54329364
Wtf I'm a loyalist now
>>
>>54329364
Well, at least the Alphas kept the space furries away from his body.
>>
>>54329280
>reeeee why doesn't the Emperor love his science projects unconditionally
>being a bad father = subjecting the galaxy to holocaust and an eternity daemonic torment
Grow up.
>>
File: BigE.jpg (251KB, 734x950px) Image search: [Google]
BigE.jpg
251KB, 734x950px
>>54329158
>>
>>54329469
In the William King story, yes

He regretted not frying Horus' stupid ass sooner
>>
>>54329448
I never said any of that. Stop flinching at every little thing like some whipped dog.
>>
>>54329158
Horus would have been better character if he hadnt fallen to chaos until just before the siege of Terra.
Having the mastermind behind the heresy fall because he got shanked in the side and prayed over is just disappointing.
>>
Think it was like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFpMEtBTxHU
>>
>The Chaos Gods being driven away by what is essentially a glorified man

I am glad that got retconned. This isn't AoS, there is no mortal or a being of mortal origins in 40K that can directly challenge the might of gods that transcend the bounds of time and universe itself. We will have an actual fight between the Emperor and Horus with no one holding back. The Emperor will be the weaker side and he will be cast down.

(speculation) Horus will be liberated by Olly who will stab him with his god killing dagger. Severing his connection to the Chaos Gods long enough for the Emperor to unmake Horus.
>>
File: hayai.gif (327KB, 549x598px) Image search: [Google]
hayai.gif
327KB, 549x598px
>>54330682
Holy fuck the shitting chaos wank here.
>>
>>54330682
>Glorified man
>Implying that's not exactly how Divinity works in 40k
>Implying Emps can't fight the four chaos gods at once
Wew lad. I'm a chaos player but at least I read the lore before posting shit
>>
>>54330715
Then read the new lore.

No, he can't. It's established that the Emperor cannot directly fight the Chaos God in "Vengeful Spirit".

Also the Raven Guard Primarch and Sisters of Silence see the Emperor for what he really is without the glamours. His real form is a shrivelled up old brown man. Imagine a person sized raisin.

Also the divinity? No. The Emperor is not divine.
>>
>>54330752
>reddit spacing
>>
>>54330765
>MLA format
>>
>>54330752
The sisters of silence bit, while true, doesn't really prove my point wrong. Without the psychic warp shenanigans that make him into the god-emperor, he is indeed a shrivelled old man. However, it's been established time and time again that the veneration from countless humans is what makes him into what he is, a godlike being able to provide a 5+ invulnerable save to terminators through the rosarius, and that's not counting his already immense psyker powers.
I don't know about the Vengeful Spirit though. Was it before his "death" ? Since the globalised veneration became much more important after the heresy.
>>
>>54330833
Wait when did that happen
>>
>>54329302
Jesus Christ, that late 90s forum UI.
>>
File: Y'ALL.jpg (29KB, 240x249px) Image search: [Google]
Y'ALL.jpg
29KB, 240x249px
>Hide all Carnac posts
>Ignore all Carnac posters
>Do not reply any Carnac bait
>>
>>54330839
Worship never worked like that 40K. It's just a meme. The Emperor is just a powerful psyker boosted further more by what he took from Molech

>I don't know about the Vengeful Spirit though.

After bargaining with the Chaos Gods to attain his power and then breaking his oath to them, it was said that the Emperor cannot draw near those whom he stole his powers from (Chaos Gods). If he did, then he would die.

And before you open your mouth, no. It wasn't said by a daemon but by a trusted source.
>>
File: 1500046610419.gif (245KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
1500046610419.gif
245KB, 400x200px
>>54330884
>Worship never worked like that in 40k
Stop it right there
>>
>>54330884
Explain living saints.
>>
>>54330911
The Emperor soul and body is established to feed on souls. Without them he would die. It's not worship that feeds him.

And Chaos Gods feed on emotion, not worship.
>>
File: 1392264813714.jpg (54KB, 500x661px) Image search: [Google]
1392264813714.jpg
54KB, 500x661px
>>54330682
>The Emperor will be the weaker side and he will be cast down

In all honesty, whether or not the Chaos Gods are better then Emps\IoM or whatever, is irrelevant considering Orks, Tyranids, and the Necrons - all of which don't give a single fuck about Chaos
>>
>>54330839
Actually, the Sisters of Silence look at the Emperor on the Golden Throne in Master of Mankind.

They see him as he truly is, without the psychic corona. While they DO see "only a man" it's also clear that it's 1) a man of the right physical size to sit on the Throne, and 2) that he was basically ageless and immortal, and the Throne has "begun to carve lines of age upon his eternal features" and shit.

So no, he was not a "shrivelled old man" to their sight, at least not before Magnus fucked everything six ways from Sunday. He only started to look aged afterwards, before that he would have looked human except huge, perfectly proportioned, and of Anatolian ancestry.
>>
>>54330930
The Emperor granting a shard of his power to some chosen dude or dudette. Similar to how Chaos Gods create daemon princes but because the Emperor is not a god his version is shittier. Unlike Daemon Princes are truly immortal and can die a thousand time and rise a thousand times, Living Saints have limited set of deaths. Each time a Living Saint dies, he/she loses a part of their soul. Eventually, there will be nothing left for the Emperor to empower. Celestine is at her last lives.
>>
>>54330847
>>54330833
Fabius Bile cloned Horus.

The clone was imperfect, but it seemed like he was beginning to develop memories and shit before Abaddon killed that fucker right quick. It would only have been a physical copy of Horus, because there was no soul, but even then Abaddon had to move fast, the imperfect clone still wrecked most/all of the boarding party that came after Fabulous Bile.
>>
File: The Webway Project explained.jpg (136KB, 500x680px) Image search: [Google]
The Webway Project explained.jpg
136KB, 500x680px
>>54330952
>at least not before Magnus fucked everything six ways from Sunday.
>>
>>54330939
Actually, Gork and Mork are rallying the Orks because they are pretty much concerned about Chaos.

Necrons are watching the galaxy being torn asunder around them and are panicking. Their recent invasion were caused by the storms driving them out of their realms.

And Tyranids avoid warpstorms like a plague.
>>
>>54330839
Vengeful Spirit was a mistake.
I mean, ADB was the bigger mistake, and Horus Heresy the biggest mistake of all, but still.
>>
>>54330972
>The clone was imperfect

Everyone in the room including ISKANDOR KHAYON agreed that the clone was perfect in every way.

And clones have souls. Fabius's female clone ascended to become a daemon princess
>>
>>54331008
I don't follow the Chaos side of the lore really... but are these assholes just cloning eachother for kicks? Do they fuck their clones?
>>
>>54331017
It's just Fabius. Even CSM see cloning as distasteful.
>>
File: 1498195475248.jpg (86KB, 900x582px) Image search: [Google]
1498195475248.jpg
86KB, 900x582px
>>54330959

I just want you to know, that while I have no issue with you as a person, I hate you.

If your bullshit is actually true, I will disregard it completely, because its the biggest pile of no fun allowed I've ever fucking read.
>>
>>54331034
Stop responding to Carnac retard.
>I feel so trolled after talking to a troll
Wow really?
>>
>>54331043
>troll
>for just citing the lore

Open Fall of Cadia and read Celestine's long ass inner monologue about how she is dying.
>>
>>54331043

what the hell is a carnac?
>>
>>54331055
Any anon who discusses fluff that triggers people. I swear people just want to bury their heads in the sand and ignore the world around them.
>>
>>54331068
>t. manlet
>>
File: 1494215295598.jpg (228KB, 736x602px) Image search: [Google]
1494215295598.jpg
228KB, 736x602px
>>54331068

Well, from the perspective of a GM running RP with the FFG 40k books, fluff is whatever the fuck I want it to be, so I really don't care if some black library\GW writer thinks Chaos is the best thing ever
>>
>>54330952
This is very interesting lore, but I still don't think it denies that the worship of Imperial citizen increases his psychic powers.
But since there's probably no way to agree beyond that we can probably settle this as a matter of interpretation and badly retconned lore.
>>
File: Celestine is dying.png (487KB, 378x862px) Image search: [Google]
Celestine is dying.png
487KB, 378x862px
>>54331106
Then don't shoot the messenger.

Anyways here is the text. It's worst than I remembered. Celestine soul parts are not just lost to the Warp as she is reborn again and again, they are devoured by DAEMONS. Eventually, all of her soul will belong to Chaos.

This is the sacrifice a Non-god asks of you.
>>
>>54331106
This is probably for the best. I've been playing off and on for a long time, and it's kinda disappointing how seriously people take the fluff these days. I assume most people who take the lore with a grain of salt are the older crowd, and anyone too serious about it is probably a kid.
>>
>>54330934
That's a technicality. People of Fenris created a divine warp entity simply with their belief, in Magnus' return
>>
>>54331126

I'm intrigued by the talk of the peace she's earned. It sounds like there is options for mortal souls other than 'Eaten by demons' after death.
>>
>>54331135
You can bury your heads in the sand and pretend the world is not passing you by. But don't get pissy when people discuss the new lore and then try to shut it down. That's childish.

>>54331121
Worship does NOZING. Or else the Emperor wouldn't need souls to keep himself alive.
>>
File: 1463733354664.jpg (53KB, 638x476px) Image search: [Google]
1463733354664.jpg
53KB, 638x476px
>>54331126
>Eventually, all of her soul will belong to Chaos.

I get the whole grimdark thing, but I refuse to buy into this shit, because that would mean the fap fantasies of assholes like torture-device are actually true.

So no, ftfy
>>
>>54329448
>le Emperor think of his kids as mongrel dogs
>this is perfectly fine, ADB totally doesn't need a psychologist or something
>>
>>54331139
Dissolution into the Warp is a form of peace.

>>54331137
The Wolf Spirit of Fenris origins are a mystery to everyone.
>>
>>54331126

Honestly, as a SOB player I'm 100% ok with this. That's heroism beyond what most marines have ever shown, a willingness to spend not just your life but your very soul to save others.

Mind you, I'd also be very happy if there ended up a way to save her from that fate. Like, say, the Eldar god of death and rebirth that has shown a power over human souls (Undoing the thousand sons curse) and she fought alongside as an ally doing her a solid.
>>
>>54331145
Don't be so easily offended kid. Like you said "new lore", just as likely to be overwritten and replaced like the old lore. Are you going to throw a fit when something comes along to contradict this stuff?

I wasn't even shutting you down, just noting that you're among a young, uptight crowd. And I was right.
>>
>>54331153
>playing a hero and putting your immortal soul on the line should not have consequences
>t.anon

Get out of my 40K.
>>
>>54331043
Carnac isn't a troll, he's a legitimately autistic/ aspergic retard that spends his day jerking off to villain sues
>>
>>54331161
>Dissolution into the Warp is a form of peace.

I'm not sure that's the implication. But then, it's not a very covered part of the fluff.

>>54331153

It seems less 'Her soul will eventually belong to chaos' and more 'Eventually she'll have nothing left and will no longer exist'. Oblivion rather than being their prisoner or something. What with the 'torn to bits' fluff.
>>
>>54331172
I am ancient as they come and I am happy with the changes and it will take decades for this fluff to change so we all have to live with it. If you were offended by the line about childish wankers and thought it was directed at you, then it's most likely that you engaged in that behaviour. Shame on you.
>>
>>54331055
Carnac is a serial shitposter who can easily be recognized by the smug, and condescending posts that entire newfags(see your self) in replying until the thread autosages.

Carnac can also be identified through the predictable style of posting arguments. Generally relying on misquoted or tiny fluff pieces from Black Library novels that dont fit with the rest of the lore, Carnac asserts these as the ONLY pieces of lore that matter. Guaranteed replies from newfags.

When asked for proof of some of the more wild claims Carnac will often first demand that the Anon must promise to leave /tg/ for some specific period of time. Truly a bizarre experience to witness but it happens quite often.

Further more Carnac can be Identified by the serial shitposts that include any of these 3 names
>Iskandar Khayon
>Be'lakor
>Drach'nyen (Often written with AKA THE FISRYT MURDER afterwards)
These are often capitalized because they're copy-pasted off other websites.

Whenever you're thinking of responding to a Carnac post just remember youre feeding the troll and will immediately lose if you do so.

Anyway ow to watch this thread get bumped to 300 replies because /tg/ is the easiest board to bait.
>>
>>54331121
Oh, I wasn't commenting on worship and/or psychic powers. Just the appearance of the Emperor, and any aspects of age are functionally the result of the damaged Throne wreaking havoc on his otherwise immortal and ageless form.

As far as being a god is concerned, Fulgrim remarks on it in Dark Imperium, and alleges to Guilliman that the Emperor was just a god in denial about his divinity. Which is itself a fairly reasonable way to approach it - you can see the logic in the Emperor's choice that way.

"I am not a god, merely an extremely powerful human psyker brimming with Warp energy. As such, giant Warp-parasites that feed off emotion aren't worth being called gods either."

The error lies in that the Emperor WAS a god, for all intents and purposes, and Guilliman has several arguments with himself about it in Dark Imperium (which tend towards "if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck"). He might not have seen himself as one or thought of himself as one though. From this his attitude develops, especially considering his remarks on how he sees/views "faith" as a concept in the 30K/40K setting, so of course he would not see himself as a god or want to be thought of as one. The core presumption is flawed (he IS a god encased in mortal flesh, he was always in denial about it), but the logic that results from that presumption is understandable.

Perhaps if the Crusade had worked, if Horus hadn't fallen, if somebody had executed Erebus and Kor Phaeron and Lorgar, if the human Webway had been finished properly, if Magnus had been on the Throne to let Emps fix what was fucked, if, if, if.
>>
>>54330796
>usingspacesatall
>>
>>54331187
>it's not a very covered part of the fluff.

It is. The 3th ED Eldar codex presents the fate of non-psyker humans not eaten by daemons. Their souls/egos are not strong enough to endure in the Warp. They dissolve into the nothingness of the Warp. Basically ceasing to be.

>ems less 'Her soul will eventually belong to chaos' and more 'Eventually she'll have nothing left and will no longer exist'.

It says her soul parts will be feasts for the damned.
>>
>>54329302
It's a shame since the William King story is a classic and the original description of the battle between Horus and the Emperor, and about the only story set during the Heresy before we got the HH series. It would make more sense to use the characterization we're given in that story and written the new HH fluff to be consistent with it, but that probably wouldn't have fit into ADB's vision of "Horus Heresy: Demonic Possession and Daddy Issues".
>>
>>54331213
My only hope is that since Abnett is writing the last book; he'll manage to salvage it
>>
>>54331211
>not cutting up your post into easily digestible pieces of information for the slow anons out there and there are alot of them
>>
>>54331197
Is he really a troll if he believes his drivel?
>>
>>54331220
Is Abnett the one who sees the Emperor as "human but flawed", "inhuman monster but only chance for humanity", or "daddy who doesn't love his kids"?
>>
File: free shrugs.jpg (82KB, 510x530px) Image search: [Google]
free shrugs.jpg
82KB, 510x530px
>>54331197
>newfags(see your self)

I guess that applies. I don't play the table top, I don't read black library, my lore info comes from lexicanum and 1d4chan, and I only stick to the RPG's.

I also generally don't post in 40k threads because 40k is serious business on /tg/.

But really, if the thrust of the lore is "chaos wins everything ever because chaos is literally the best thing ever" then what the fuck? how is this ok? its the same shit as space marine wank, just turned completely around
>>
>>54331222
>replying to an obvious memepost
>>
>>54331228
Has it ever mattered if a troll is trolling or just a crazy person?
>>
>>54331201
If the Emperor is a god, then he could have preserved Celestine's soul instead of leaving it as a patchwork mess with a single remaining shred of humanity.

That's the incompetent work of a human sorcerer. Compare it to the perfect of the Daemon Princes.
>>
>>54331236
If you look enough, you can probably find bits of the lore that are pure wank for every army. But right now the big push is Imperium vs. Chaos, even the first few codexes will keep that focus. So expect everyone else to have to wait out this tide.
>>
>>54331235
He hasn't written about him yet, but his strongest point is that when he writes a legion both the bad and good aides are presented (Luna Wolves are very capable but also too proud, Wolves are more clever than they look but also hypocrites, Guilliman is well meaning but also power hungry)
so I presume the first
>>
>>54331237
>implying replying to memeposts isn't fun
>>
>>54331235
"Daddy who doesn't love his kids" is ADB's version. Not really sure how Abnett views him. I think it's more along the lines of "human but flawed" (or more like "godlike but flawed"; the Emperor has tremendous power but is still blinded by his own hubris which why he didn't see the shit going down until it was too late to stop it).
>>
>>54331252
>But right now

You mean always and forever.
>>
>>54331251
>That's the incompetent work of a human sorcerer.

What human sorcerer has ever done that?
>>
>>54331239
>just a crazy person

It's not crazy if you are proven right again and again and again. We shall await your tears when the final fight gets released in two years or less.
>>
File: By your powers combined!.png (782KB, 677x901px) Image search: [Google]
By your powers combined!.png
782KB, 677x901px
>>54331275
Does Magnus count? His shard of nobility and loyalty merged with a dying Thousand Son and created Janus.
>>
>>54331258
>Implying fun was ever the point
>>
>>54331298

It's not quite the same as producing an constantly reviving superhuman from a human. Though I'll admit I don't know Janus too well.
>>
File: DrachArt.jpg (55KB, 355x601px) Image search: [Google]
DrachArt.jpg
55KB, 355x601px
Just occurred to me how stupid some people can be. To think that the Emperor would be equal to Horus acting as vessel of the Four when the Emperor wasn't a match for the End of Empires which was some daemon of Chaos Undivided and not a god. It was something beyond the Emperor's ability to destroy.
>>
>>54331345
Yeah, to think that some people would think that Emperor is stronger than retcons only a few months old.
>>
>>54331353
5-6 months passed. That's like half a year. Get with the times already.
>>
>>54331376
New is always good, right?
>>
>>54331394
Not really. The Newcron retcons were awful.
>>
File: Emperor vs Drach'nyen.png (588KB, 6216x856px) Image search: [Google]
Emperor vs Drach'nyen.png
588KB, 6216x856px
This is the Emperor vs End of Empires. Consider it a test-run for the fight against Horus.

The Emperor and Custards were winning the war against the daemons until...It arrived. Look how the Emperor was awed by its purity of being, look at how doubt crept at the Emperor before he engaged it.

See for yourself how easily it overpowered the Emperor and was killing him, sucking out his soul. See that assholish thing the Emperor did to survive the encounter.

The Horus vs Emperor fight will be much much worse for the Emperor. He cannot pull that trick on Horus.
>>
>>54331494

Thats like a more grimdark retelling of Jesus and Legion.

I still find it funny that the daemon sword that could almost kill the Emp is also the sword wielded by a character who the fanbase sees as a gigantic joke
>>
>>54331658
>sees as
He is a joke, no matter what Carnac fellates himself to.
>>
>>54331687
>implying

Abaddon tamed the darkness within all of mankind and made it his weapon. What has the Emperor done? Bitch!
>>
>>54331687
This.

Abaddon shames his namesake.
>>
>>54331154
>le Emperor think of his kids as mongrel dogs
Your words not Emperor's. He said primarchs are his tools of galactic conquest that is all.
>>
>>54331711
Only for memefags.

Talon of Horus shows that the Emperor fears the future that Abaddon is bringing. At first he sent a shard to beg Khayon and Co to stop this madness before its too late. After the shard was brutually maimed and fled. Gyre said this shard had come first with words. The Next time it comes will bring the fire and the sword to stop them.

The implication that we will have Abaddon and Co fighting aspects of the Emperor within the Eye of Terror. Are you hyped?
>>
File: Ursarkar_e._creed_by_alex_boyd.jpg (183KB, 608x778px) Image search: [Google]
Ursarkar_e._creed_by_alex_boyd.jpg
183KB, 608x778px
>>54331706
>>54331748

Abaddon needed retcons so that his black crusades were something other then stopping dead at Cadia each time and getting humiliated by a cigar chomping old man
>>
>>54331260
>ADB version
>implying ADB has any control over core lore involving Emperor
>implying any deviation wouldn't get shot to shit by lore overlords of GW in editing phase
>>
>>54331748
>hyped

No, because I don't jack off to bland villains who are constantly retconned to be a bigger deal than they are, hoping that I can self-insert as a rebellious and edgy yet somehow described as morally justified in someone's warped reasoning character in order to feel as though my dad wasn't doing the right thing by trying to give me guidance in life.

Basically, Abaddon is a cheap attempt to make the stakes seem greater than ever except he's still never going to actually amount to a win since the game still needs to sell plastic toys.
>>
>>54331771
Your head need to be retconned. Abaddon's crusade even in the old fluff (picture related) Cadia did not stop the Crusades from marching forward.

And you must be a special retard to think that Creed was alive for the 12 past crusades. You think Creed is thousands of years old? Reality check. Creed was a random general that got promoted to being Castellan of Cadia after a traitor regiment blew up Cadia's high command.
>>
File: ADB explains Abaddon.png (90KB, 1069x751px) Image search: [Google]
ADB explains Abaddon.png
90KB, 1069x751px
>>54331802
Abaddon is far from bland and he was always a big deal as the BBEG of the 40K setting. Stop trying to rewrite history with your ignorance. Also Abaddon has no daddy issues. He just hates the Emperor and has ambition to make himself Dark Emperor of Mankind because that is his birthright.
>>
File: 1425275745296.png (7KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1425275745296.png
7KB, 400x400px
>>54331815
>Your head need to be retconned

Your face needs to be retconned
>>
>>54331201

It's pointless to even discuss as the definition of god is so arbitrary. The Emperor was neither omniscient nor omnipotent, so at the end of the day what actually distinguishes the Emperor from being "a really strong psyker" instead of "a god"? Nothing.

In fact the Emperor's sheer existence is proof of how meaningless the god title is. Over the millenia countless "gods" have risen (Ynnead, Gork n Mork, the Emperor himself) and fallen (the old Eldar pantheon, etc), so why bother giving these ultimately fallible and limited beings the veneration of the god title instead of just calling them super-powerful entities from another dimension, like the Enslavers.
>>
>>54331838
You wouldn't want to retcon my adorable face.
>>
File: 1344307969160.jpg (9KB, 215x199px) Image search: [Google]
1344307969160.jpg
9KB, 215x199px
>>54331870

I'd rather ADB retcon it so your face has daddy issues
>>
>>54331862

So we shouldn't call the Chaos gods gods either? As they are not omnipotent (They have clearly defined limited to what they are the gods of within the pantheon at a minimum)
>>
>>54331748

Nope, because Abaddon has been an established character for decades and so the authors turning around and throwing everything they can into making him look better then he ever has over the years feels too hamfisted to take seriously.

It would be like if comic book writers suddenly and unironically started writing Captain America as being able to fly and shoot laser beams out of his eyes. You can't turn to me and say that that's always been the case.
>>
>>54329364
Fool, this is the Primordial Truth
>>
>>54331883
>implying it doesn't already and he isn't just pretending
It's like stupid troll shitposting, except turned on its head.
>>
File: War_in_the_Webway.jpg (168KB, 625x960px) Image search: [Google]
War_in_the_Webway.jpg
168KB, 625x960px
>>54330973
>Everything in the Webway proceeding as planned, humanity's salvation is at hand
>Magnus rips reality a new arsehole trying to 'warn' daddy of something he's already aware of, but mainly to show how """"useful"""" his daemon-gifted magic tricks are
>Emperor confined to Golden Throne keeping the shattered remnants of the Imperial Webway watertight so can't kill Horus with mind-bullets from a segmentum away
>10,000 Custodes who's role it was to aid in the destruction of rogue Primarchs and legions are instead stuck fighting regenerating hordes of daemons in the Webway

Yeah, you pic is inaccurate as fuck, nice try Magnus.
>>
>>54331924
>he's already aware of
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa
>>
>>54331788
GW doesn't give a single flying fuck about the lore if they can sell their toys.
>>
>>54331934
Read Master of Mankind. He knew rebellion was a strong likelyhood, he just didn't know who it'd be and wasn't concerned about his ability to stop it until the webway got fucked.
>>
>>54331945
S o he wasnt very AWARE then was he. KYS retard.
>>
>>54331802
This is exactly why I've been using Horus as a proxy for Abaddon in 40k.
And I call him Eliphas
>>
>>54331145
>Or else the emperor wouldn't need souls to stay alive

Looks like you're just pulling things out of your ass here. His body dying is unrelated to his psychic powers being sustained by the feelings of the imperial citizen believing in him and his strength. You know, just like every feeling creates something in the warp, like the fenrisian creating a deity in Wrath of Magnus. If a planet can create a warp entity, the entire imperium believing in the emperor literally cannot have zero effect on him.
That's recent lore.
>>
>>54331886
>So we shouldn't call the Chaos gods gods either?

Call them whatever, god is a meaningless title. The Chaos Gods might seem like "gods" to you because of their powers but a human being isn't a god just because it towers over an ant.

"god", "warp entity"- the terms are completely interchangeable.
>>
File: Emperor's plan.png (69KB, 531x661px) Image search: [Google]
Emperor's plan.png
69KB, 531x661px
>>54331952
Laurie Goulding explains the Emperor's plan.
>>
>>54331960

Ok, just making sure this wasn't 'The chaos gods are REAL gods and the emp isn't'
>>
>>54331953
Patrician choice friend.

Smooth voiced preacher > armless retard
>>
>>54331956
>like the fenrisian creating a deity in Wrath of Magnus.

The spirit is older than the Magnus invasion and we don't know where it can from.

>his psychic powers being sustained by the feelings of the imperial citizen believing in him and his strength.

Source?
>>
>>54331952
He was aware, and prepared enough for, rebellion, that Magnus' warning was an irrelevence.

We're just discussing the sales pitch for plastic army men mate, no need to get so emotional.
>>
>>54331192
>I am as ancient as they come
Daemon detected
Ignore Daemon posts
Hide Daemon posts
Report Daemon posts
>>
File: Goalposts.jpg (14KB, 290x180px) Image search: [Google]
Goalposts.jpg
14KB, 290x180px
>>54331986
>>
The Emperor didn't really give a shit about the Heresy because he knew that with the webway it'd be impossible for the Imperium to lose any war, a civil war included. The absolute last thing he expected was Magnus going full retard and breaking it.

>b-but why didn't he just tell Magnus and the others about the project then

Because it would have ass-ravaged them all. The Khan reflects on this after discovering the Webway project in Path of Heaven. Upon guestimating the purpose of Black Glass, his first thought is how it made perfect sense for the Emperor to hide it from everyone, as if it were ever perfected it would make not just the Astropaths but even the Primarchs themselves obsolete, which is something no one in the Imperium was ready for.
>>
>>54332096
I don't think you understand what that image means anon.
>>
>>54329158
Yeah, the current crowd even retconned the final battle to inject a final awful, o woe is me speech. I can't way till the novel where they find a way to make it even worse
>>
>>54332100
>impossible for the Imperium to lose any war, a civil war included
>Horus sends through a nuclear bomb to the imperial palace
>>
>>54332175

In this timeline in which Magnus didn't destroy the webway, Horus and all the other Primarchs wouldn't have had any idea of its existence, much less have access to it themselves. :')
>>
>>54331965
>a plan complex that human minds can't comprehend it
>explains it anyway
Shitty writing crutch. It works for Tzeentch specifically because his schemes are supposed to be incomprehensible and self-sabotaging. The Emperor comes across as flawed and stupid.
>5) Make deal with UKNOWABLE GODS OF DARKNESS. Part of the deal involves "accidentally" scattering the primarchs across the galaxy. That's okay though, because I'll end up finding all those worlds as I conquer the galaxy anyway.
Why though? Surely the Emperor realised that because he had no idea why the gods would do this, it would be purely to fuck him over? Why bother? To save time? He's immortal - he has all of the time in the world and there's no time limit on what he's doing. He took a shortcut for literally no reason that corrupted and damaged several Primarchs beyond good use.
>>
>>54332216
Horus is just a stand-in for any rebel or xeno who could do the same
>>
>>54329547
Whats the willam king story?
>>
>>54332154
>he was already aware of the Horus heresy before Magnus warned him
>Um... I m-mean he was prepared f-f-for someone turning traitor
Somehow this isnt moving the goal posts. Mkay.
>>
>>54332342
Even through the shields, the impact makes the imperial palace shake. With a screech of tortured stone, an angel topples from its alcove high on the throne room walland crashes to the marble floor a kilometer below. It shatters into a million pieces. Splinters of stone flash across the hall like shrapnel.
From his throne the Emperor watches his warriors mill around in confusion. This hall holds ten thousand men, seasoned veterans, and all are now panicking. He knows they are more frightened by his silence than by the enemy. They look to him for leadership, and he can give them none.
For the first time in his millenia long life, the Emperor knows despair. The magnitude of his defeat stuns him. The lunar bases have fallen. Most of Earth is under the Warmaster's heel. Rebel Titans surround the palace and are held at bay only by the desperate efforts of a few loyalists. It is only a matter of time before the palace's defences fail and the last bastions of resistance fall.
Sire, what are your orders?" asks Rogal Dorn, massive dark- haired Primarch of the Imperial Fists. His golden armour has lost its lustre, is dented in a dozen places by bolter shells. The Emperor doesn't answer. He is lost within himself seeking answers to his own questions.
>>
>>54332388
He has come at last to the dark place, the time of testing, the era hidden from his precognitive vision and beyond which he cannot see. The moment he has always dreaded has arrived. Is my time over, he wonders? Is this where it all ends? Is this why I have reached the limits of my prophetic powers? Is this where I die?
He feels bewildered. Even now, with the Traitor Warmaster's forces battering at the gate, he finds it difficult to believe that he has been betrayed.
Horus was more than a trusted comrade, more like a favoured son. Of all the Primarchs, the Emperor relied on him the most. Not for a second had the Emperor doubted him, not even when word had come from the Savage worlds that the Warmaster was gathering forces. He had deluded himself that Horus must have good reason to do so without consulting him. I should have been warned by the failure of my precognition, he thinks.
"Sire, what are your orders?" asks Kane, acting Fabricator- General of the Adeptus Mechanicus. He stares at the Emperor, a trick of the light turning the glass slits of his brass mask into accusing eyes. Once more, the Emperor does not reply. Kane's presence reminds him that not even the head of the Adeptus is to be trusted. His superior, the former Fabricator-General, has chosen to side with Horus.
>>
>>54332395
On Mars civil war rages between factions of Tech-priests. Ancient forbidden weapons are being deployed. Viral plagues kill millions. Fusion bombs scar the earth.
So much will be lost. He thinks of the slow piecing together of the old science. The librarium technologicusis in flame now, ancient core data systems in meltdown. The time of re-building is over. The Great Crusade, as much a quest for knowledge as a war to reclaim the human worlds, is ended. The Warmaster's treachery has seen to that.
"Sire what are your orders?" asks Saguinius, angel winged Primarch of the Blood Angels. He gazes at the Emperor with blazing eyes, his face a mask of terrible beauty.
The Emperor knows they rely on him for guidance. They still believe in him. They think he can lead them from this trap. They are wrong.
Horus is the greatest the galaxy has ever known. Who should know better than his creator? He is schooled by a century of warfare. There will be no way out, no loopholes, no flaws in the plan. The Warmaster would have to be mad to leave one.
>>
>>54332399
The Emperor looks down on the faces of his followers, sees the trust written there, feels the weight of responsibility it brings.
He knows that for their sake, he must try, even if it is hopeless.
He casts forth his clairvoyant sight, lets his mind drift beyond the ruined gardens of the palace, over fields where colossal Titans battle by the twisted light of the sculpted moon. He sees the whole war spread out beneath him, his pitifully outnumbered legions being mowed down by the traitor hordes. He reaches up to the sky, where senses the fleet of battlebarges that rain orbittal doom upon the tortured earth. Amid those thousand glittering points, he finds the Warmaster.
Hope flickers within him. The shields of Horus' ship are down. Briefly, he wonders why. Is the traitor's confidence so overwhelming? Does he wish to witness the battle himself. Or is it a trap? The Emperor touches the ship and recoils from what he senses within. How could Horus have done this, made a pact with the ultimate abomination?
The Emperor comes to a decision. Trap or not, this is the only oppurtunity he will get. He has no option but to seize it; the position is so desperate. Even as his spirit returns to his body, the ominous thought strikes him that the Warmaster must know this.
>>
>>54332409
"What are your orders, Sire?" Sanguinius asks again. The Emperor's eyes snap open. His voice full of authority.
"Prepare to teleport. We will take the battle to the enemy."
The men smile confidently. They now have a purpose. While he reels of the teleport co-ordinates they move, without question, to obey.
A flash of light, a feeling of coldness. They have teleported into the Warmaster's ship. The Emperor takes an instant to reorientate himself and realises that something has gone wrong. He stands in a vast, warped chamber with only a few marines in attendance. The terminators and the Primarchs are not present. How is this possible he wonders. Could Horus have disrupted the teleportation beam? Is he so powerful?
Insane voices gibber madly inside his skull. There are figures trapped in the stone walls of the vast room. Hands reach out for him, graps at him with rock like strength. He shrugs them off easily. His comrades are not so lucky. Bolters chatter and flash as the marines attempt to fight off their daemonic assailants.
A man screams as he is drawn into the dark and slimy walls. As he vanishes, ripples spread from the point of his disappearance. The Emperor's sword lashes out, severing limbs, freeing trapped marines. He summons his psychic energies. A nimbus flickers around his head as he unleashes his power. A tidal wave of destruction rips through the daemons, leaving his own men unscathed.
>>
>>54332415
He scans about him, seeking the Primarchs but the walls of the Warmaster's battle barge are resistant to his mindsight. He gestures for the surviving marines to follow him.
They wander through a ship distorted beyond all recognition by the warping power of Chaos. Great sphincter doors distend from walls of flesh-like stone. Transparent veins bear rivers of blood along the conduits in the floor. Carpets of mucous cover a road of tongues.
Winged and distorted things that might once have been human flit through archways of bone and perch on ledges of rib. The marines gasp in horror. He exerts himself to calm them, psychically soothing their fear of this dreadful place. All the while he scans the area looking for the spoor of Horus. He knows now the nature of the pact the Warmaster has made and the dreadful consequences of his victory.
They pass pits that gape like glistenning gullets in the floor and echo the beats of a distant giant heart. They are showered by waterfalls of stinking yellowish liquid that cascades down cliffs of carved cartilage. Sometimes they hear weapons fire but when they arrive at the source, they find nothing.
>>
>>54332418
Mists of rainbow vapour drift accross their field of vision, obscuring corridors of carnivorous stone. Clouds of insects swarm over their faceplates and choke the extractors of their airpipes. They switch over to internal oxygen supply.
They are ambushed by scuttling skull-faced things in the armour of marines. They fight off hordes of mutated beasts. One by one they die. In the end the emperor stands alone. Then and only then is he allowed to enter the presence of Horus.
The Warmaster bestrides the body of a broken angel. Behind him, the tortured earth fills the viewport, a bauble for Horus to seize with one clawed hand. Corpses of massacred marines lie everywhere.
Face glowing with internal bloodlight, Horus speaks. "Poor Sanguinius. I offered him a position of power in the new order. He could have sat at the right hand of a god. Alas, he chose to align himself with the losing side."
The Emperor stands transfixed, trying to force frozen words from his tongue. In the end, he can only whisper "Why?"
>>
>>54332429
Mad laughter rings out. "Why? You ask me why ? Have all those millenia taught you nothing ? Weak fool, your timidity prevented you from binding the forces of Chaos. You shied away from ultimate power. I have bound it to my will and will lead humanity into the new age. I, Horus, Master Of Chaos!"
The Emperor looks at his former friend and shakes his head. He sees the trap that has ensnared Horus. "No man can master Chaos." he says quietly. "You have deluded yourself. You are the servant, not the master."
A look of rage transfigures the Warmaster. He stretches out a hand and a bolt of force leaps forth. The Emperor screams as agony wracks his body. "Feel the true nature of my power then tell me I am deluded," roars Horus, in the voice of an angry god.
Beads of sweat stand out on the Emperor's forehead, he steels himself against the pain. "You are deluded," he says.
Once again Horus gestures and lances of pure poison sear through the Emperor's veins. "I let you come here, old friend, so that you could witness my triumph. Kneel before me and I will spare you. Acknowledge the new master of mankind."
>>
>>54332442
Desperately, the Emperor summons his power and lashes out. Lightning flickers between the combatants. The stench of ozone fills the air. The Emperor leaps forward, sword raised. Weapons clash as battle is joined on every level: physical, spiritual and psychic.
Bolts of force flicker as mortal gods clash, balancing the fate of the galaxy on every blow. Runesword and lightening claw ring against each other with a sound like thunder. Energies potent enough to level planets are unleashed.
A backhand buffet from Horus knocks the Emperor through a stone bulkhead. The counter stroke tears a supporting column out of the ceiling as the Warmaster ducks.
In the warp the Emperor hears the Chaos powers howl as they feed their pawn more power. The Lord of Humanity stands alone against their massed might and knows that he is losing. Somehow he cannot bring his full force to bear on the Warmaster. Horus shows no such restraint.
A lightening claw cuts the Emperor's armour as if it were cloth, sheers through flesh and bone. The Emperor ripostes with a psychic stroke intended to disrupt the Warmaster's nervous system. Horus laughs as he deflects it.
>>
>>54332453
His claw takes the Emperor across the throat, opening windpipe and jugular. Another blow severs the tendons from his wrist, causing the sword to drop from nerveless fingers.
Insane laughter echoes round the chamber. Horus breaks several ribs with an almost playful punch. A surge of energy seers the Emperor's face, melting the flesh till it runs, bursts an eyeball, sets the hair alight. The Emperor stifles a whimper, wonders how he can be losing. Blackness threatens to engulf him.
Horus graps his wrist, splintering bones. Blood pumps from the Emperor's throat. Horus lifts his foe high above his head and brings him down accross his knee, breaking his spine.
For a second, the Emperor knows only darkness, then a flare of agony brings him back to consciousness as Horus rips his arm from its socket. The Warmaster howls with bestial triumph.
Suddenly, the battering stops. Through his good eye the Emperor sees a solitary Terminator has entered the room. The marine charges towards the Warmaster, stormbolter blazing. Horus looks at him and laughs. For a moment he stands triumphant, allowing the marine to see what he has done to his Emperor.
>>
>>54332459
The Emperor knows what is going to happen next, sees the gloating triumph on Horus' face. There is no trace of his friend left there. There is only a daemon driven by insane destructive fury.
Horus turns his burning gaze on the Terminator and the marine's flesh flakes away to reaveal his skeleton, then even that is gone, reduced to dust.
The Emperor sees the trap that has been set for him. He has been restraining himself, trying not to hurt one who had been as a son to him. Now he sees that there is no trace of his trusted comrade left. He knows that he must stop this semblance of his former friend and avenge the fallen Terminator. He [will] strike one deadly blow. He will get no other chance.
He gathers every particle of his power, focuses it into a mighty bolt of pure force, more coherent than a laser, more destructive than an exploding sun. He aims it at Horus, a lance of power destined for the madman's heart. Horus senses the upsurge of energy and turns to face the Emperor, a look of horror on his face.
The Emperor lets fly. It strikes the Warmaster. Horus screams as destruction rains down on him, twisting and writhing in titanic agony. He strives frantically to counter the Emperor's deathblow but his struggles become ever more feeble as the lethal energies play over him.
>>
>>54332464
Driven by all the force of his rage and pain and hatred the Emperor wills Horus's death. He sense the forces of Chaos retreat, disengaging themselves from their pawn. As they do so sanity returns to the Warmaster. The Emperor sees realisation of the atrocities he has commited flicker across Horus' face. Tears glisten there.
Horus is free, but the Emperor knows he himself is dying amd that the powers of Chaos may once again possess the Warmaster, and he will not be there to stop them. He cannot take that risk. Horus must die. Yet, for a second, looking into his old friend's face, he hesitates, unable to do the deed. Then he thinks of the slaughter that still goes on outside, may go on forever. Resolve hardens within him.
He forces all mercy and compassion from his mind, empties it of all knowledge of friendship, camaraderie and love. His eyes lock with Horus and see understanding there. Then with full cold knowledge of what he is doing, the Emperor destroys the Warmaster.
Rogal Dorn enters the chamber. Horror fills him as he sees the mutilated form of the emperor and the shrivelled husk inside the Warmaster's armor. He curses himself for taking so long to fight through the Chaotic hordes. He knows now why their attacks ceased and why the ship is reverting to normal.
He rushes to the Emperor's side, detecting the faint pulse of life. Perhaps there is yet hope. Perhaps the ruler of the Imperium may live. Dorn will do his best to ensure it.
-END-
>>
>>54331956
I thought his psychic powers being sustained was because the Black Ships keep shoving psykers down his throat every day so they don't lost the Astronomicon?
>>
>>54332473
Oh, and
The Horus Heresy

by William King

from White Dwarf 131
>>
>>54332344
No it's not. Being prepared for rebellion is being prepared for rebellion, doesn't matter who is leading it. Magnus' warning was pointless.

Read >>54331965 if you actually care about the subject matter, I don't care about your debate club's rules, they don't apply here.
>>
>>54332388
Just post the page, numbnuts.
>>
>>54332634
Last time I did that I got banned, cause it was some sketch russian site. Slavs do not fear the GW
>>
>>54332572
>MUH EDITOR WHO LEFT THE COMPANY
Lol. Just admit you said something incorrect and move on buddy.
>>
>>54332714
To be fair even the old William King fluff suggests the Emperor had a hint that something was up, but deluded himself into believing Horus had good reason for massing forces.
>>
>>54329469
Not killing horus [spolier]and bitch ass lorgar[/spoiler] yes

Anything else, nah, emperor is a stubborn piece of work
>>
File: 1384901532494.jpg (159KB, 772x739px) Image search: [Google]
1384901532494.jpg
159KB, 772x739px
>>54330682
>Glorified man
>Doesn't understand that's how you become a divine being in Warhammer

really man?
>>
>>54334401
We're fixing that, don't worry.

t. BL
>>
File: Khorne Assmad.jpg (83KB, 248x445px) Image search: [Google]
Khorne Assmad.jpg
83KB, 248x445px
>>54330959
>Daemons can't be killed
Literally the opposite of true, as usual.
>>
>>54335369
The exceptions that prove the rule. Only certain artefacts and/or a God can kill a daemon.

That's why Grey Knights have no means to achieve a lasting victory over daemons other than the Necron pokeballs.
>>
>>54335546
>"Daemons can't be killed."
>*Proves they can be*
>"The exceptions that prove the rule."

Carnac, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>54332572
Having Batman but schizo or manlet with anger issues rebel is entirely different from having the most charismatic one rebel.
>>
>>54335606
We don't go by the exception. We go by the general rule.

Also thanks for pointing it out. The fact that the Emperor is unable to kill Drach'nyen proves that he is not a god
>>
>>54335606
You're the one responding to him retard.
>>
>>54331298
Fug, now I want to see the Inperium's version of Capitan Planet.
>>
>>54336004
It's probably the same but captain planet has Ciaphas Cains sideburns and the 5 kids are all guardsmen from different regiments.
>>
>>54331835
>ADB

Lmao
>>
I don't really understand the logic of the web way project

It didn't save the fucking Eldar from chaos, that's for sure

Plus the deldar are in there

Plus taking any pyschic in there is kind of a death sentence
>>
>>54331983
I didn't mean to say it wasn't older than Magnus' arrival, that was only poor wording from my part.

Source : exactly how the warp is supposed to work (Drach'nyen, Chaos Gods, Gork'n'Mork all being fulled by things happening in the materium).
>>
>>54329158
According to the original story, yes.
>>
>>54336142
>Source : exactly how the warp is supposed to work (Drach'nyen, Chaos Gods, Gork'n'Mork all being fulled by things happening in the materium).

Not worship though.
>>
>>54332489
Wasn't that to keep his body alive ?
I'll admit I don't know for sure
>>
>>54336113
Safer than regular warp travel, Dark Eldar are one thing, Daemons are another entirely, plus with Magnus on the throne things could be protected.
>>
>>54332520
I admit that a nameless terminator sacrificing feels really out of place. We all miss Ollanius Pius, too bad his presence wasn't coherent with the fluff.
At least make it a helmetless marine screaming that he won't let the master of mankind die. I'd feel a bit of empathy for that.
>>
>>54335896
Fuck you Ignoring the problem won't make it go away.
>>
>>54336299
>Emotions power chaos gods because they influence the warp
>The constant flow of emotions from billions of absolute fanatics in the whole imperium doesn't influence the warp presence of the Emperor
Please.
>>
>>54336421
Show me where it says it does. The Emperor is a man with a massive soul. Not a Warp being.
>>
>>54336719
Every human with a soul has a warp presence. It's the reason blanks are special : they have no soul, thus no presence in the warp, making them immune to psykers.
>>
>>54336818
And believing in someone doesn't give them power. Logan is worshipped and adored on a thousand Imperial worlds. It didn't give him any special powers.
>>
>>54329158
Who cares about Horus, Fagnus ruined everything
>>
>>54331965
My god, every time I see Goulding say something I cringe a little more.
What a goddamn hack.
>>
>>54336719
Dark Imperium. Guilliman says the Emperor's psychic presence has grown considerably from the worship given to him.
>>
>>54330752

40k uses a sort of spaghetti lore where everything is and isn't canon, though.

Just because it's new doesn't necessarily contradict.
>>
>>54337940
He doesn't attribute it to worship. I read the book. I recall no such linkage.
>>
>>54337134
You mean besides plot armor ?
>>
>>54329158
Old lore says yes, but it's my hope that it gets retconned as it's not in Horus' character at all
>>
>>54331738
>don't bother maintaining your tools
>don't bother learning how to use your tools
>get hurt when one of them breaks
>clearly this is the tool's fault
>>
>>54329158
You know what I hate most about Carnac? Its the fact that he's mostly right about everything. He has a autistic memory, and has piles of BL to back him up, so he can easily support his claims.

But yet, for all his knowledge, he has a incredibly shitty taste. Instead of using his ability to remember specific sections of codexes and books off hand to help people create cool stories or dicuss intresting possibilites within the lore of 40k, or hell, even homebrew fluff, he has the need to incessantly defend specific pieces of fluff that are undeniably trash, or just aren't very well written.

I hope that he's a dedicated troll, but honestly, I can't help but feel like he is actually doing this out of love for the lore as he knows it.
>>
>>54338340
Yes he does. And at the book's end he's outright going over various ways of thinking "The Emperor is a god" in his "Theoretical, Practical" way.
>>
>>54338622
Him questioning if the Emperor is a god or not has nothing to do with worship as a power source. It's about the definition of godhood and if the Emperor is worthy of being called a god
>>
>>54330752

How can his armour exist and he be ten feet tall if he's a shriveled old man? Is he using his powers to alter his form into what we see? Is this why blanks can see through his disguise? What happens to his armour when they do? Is it represented as smoke or energy around him?
>>
>>54338617
So, somebody with a monkey's paw made a wish to bring cultist-chan to life, and we got what a real-life cultist-chan would actually look like?
>>
>>54338617
That might be true and is making me feel a bit sad.
Too bad this guy is actually alpharius here to make us all forget the true danger of the imperium.
>>
File: Golden_Throne-Imperial_Webway.jpg (244KB, 980x577px) Image search: [Google]
Golden_Throne-Imperial_Webway.jpg
244KB, 980x577px
>>54330952

If he's naturally huge, why use a disguise at all? His features when in armour are essentially Mediterranean. Black hair, dark eyes, and tanned skin. I think it's more likely the human-sized version is the real version.
>>
>>54330993
Crons aren't panicking and their invasions aren't a symptom of warp storms it a symptom of them waking back up and finishing what they started
>>
>>54338870
You would get Cultist Chan; However, you would also get all 4 Chaos Gods as well. Plus, she would be a weird mongrel of all the current races of the world, as well as any new ones. She would also have a few diseases she would love to share with you via torture sex, followed by murdering your friends and summoning daemons.
>>
File: 1493298134098.jpg (2MB, 2008x3047px) Image search: [Google]
1493298134098.jpg
2MB, 2008x3047px
>>54338806
>How can his armour exist and he be ten feet tall if he's a shriveled old man?
>>
>>54339455

They can't both exist at the same time. He can't be a ten foot tall golden armoured god and a shriveled old man at the same time.
>>
>>54339550
He can be a shriveled old man in ten foot tall armor, no matter how little sense it makes anatomically.
>>
>>54339586

But when he's in armour he's proportionally sized.
>>
>>54329158
Did Horus ever think anything he did was wrong?
>>
>>54339615
When he's in armor you only see his head.
>>
>>54339430
Sooo, typical Valley Girl then.
>>
File: Plague Marine VI.jpg (236KB, 734x733px) Image search: [Google]
Plague Marine VI.jpg
236KB, 734x733px
>>54329158
Does it matter?

Horus is dead. The Long War continues. The False-Emperor will fall, ground to dust under the boots of the Death Guard.
>>
>>54329364
Huh. That's why there aren't any.
>The only thing Emps got right.
>>
File: 1286933675792.jpg (71KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1286933675792.jpg
71KB, 600x400px
>>54330682
>>
>>54331235
Abnett's Emperor is *certain* that his way is the only way.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (53KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
53KB, 350x200px
>>54331265
well don't say it out loud, it's sad enough just being the unmentioned heretical elephant in the room
>>
>>54331658
The sword is the only part of him that isn't a joke. Why do you think it keeps falling out? I'll tell you, it's shame. Here's a sword that is supposedly 'The First MURDER' It's so badass it takes over a Custodian that's been fighting possession for however the fuck long it has been. Then it gets found and bound too... Abbadon. The man who watched Daddy Horus die and ran away. Who literally cannot follow through on the first try of anything. I'd hit the table too rather than be seen with him.
>>
>>54339455
Yeah, that bothers me too.
>>
>>54342332
well, you can be a 10 foot tall shriveled corpse, though being shriveled probably caused him to lose a foot or two.
>>
>>54331965
>5) to 11)
Fuck BL's horus heresy.
>>
File: 1499729103771.jpg (3MB, 4083x1552px) Image search: [Google]
1499729103771.jpg
3MB, 4083x1552px
>>54342393
No. That Inquisitor has to be built like one of those Eqyptian stick figures in order to wear that armor. I mean, pick a choice from this picture, remembering the Inquisitor is a woman, not an Astartes.
>>
>>54339715
He realised that the brothers who sided with him (except Mortarion) were nuts.
>>
File: 00540513.jpg (19KB, 436x335px) Image search: [Google]
00540513.jpg
19KB, 436x335px
>>54331237
>>54331222
>>54331211
>>54330796
>>
>>54338906
His "Golden Glowing Man" disguise is more him enhancing what he naturally appears to be in such a way that he looks like himself except "more" rather than creating a completely different appearance like he does when he's incognito.
>>
>>54329302
(((Goulding)))
I've said it before and I said it again...I have chosen to ignore the absolute schlock of the HH series in favor of what was originally written

Also, Ian Watson's Space Marine book has more flavor and captures the 40k mythos in a single page than anything Laurie Goulding has ever written
>>
Many things about chaos piss me off now. Like :
>Abaddon somehow stronger than Horus
>Somehow Horus could be cloned to the point of being identical despite the Emperor killing his very soul
>Abaddon's sword somehow stronger than Emps
Fuck, Black Library why won't you give us what we want
>>
>>54346886
I wonder who it was that saw all those memeposts about Abaddon being a worthless, incompetent retard and got so offended they decided to try and force people to think otherwise in the back-story of a toy soldiers game.
>>
>>54346933
Isn't it obvious? ADB got buttblasted by all the jokes.
>>
>>54329469
Should have listened to Malcador and made female primarchs
>>
File: 1497088766385.jpg (331KB, 1103x799px) Image search: [Google]
1497088766385.jpg
331KB, 1103x799px
>>54338617

You're actually quite right, I don't understand why everyone shoots him down most of the time, while he only states official lore.

It's shitty and autistick as fuck, but 90% of the time he's actually right and people just laugh at him, so he becomes more adamant to prove himself...

>Mfw we created Carnac AND he is actually right most of the time because the writers are faggots
>>
>>54349309
Go to bed, Carnac.
>>
>>54349309
It's because he's insufferable and thinks that because something is canon it's objectively better than something which isn't, as well as inserting himself into every goddamn 40k discussion.

Not to mention, he's an intellectual coward,which I noticed a week or two ago when he was arguing with some anon about GW and BL never admitting that Chaos loses and always wins something or keikakus, and the anon brought up the black crusades being retconned into Abby always winning something. Carnac asks him to explain, and he brought up the fact that even when he was repulsed now Abaddon always furthered the crimson path. So Carnac tells him to write ALL he knows about ALL of the crusades, or else he's a liar.

Not only will any sensible anon do it, because unlike Carnac they're not basement dwellers who spent every single waking minute defending Chaos, even if the anon did it he'd have undoubtedly made a minor mistake which Carnac would have clutched on like a drowning sailor.
>>
File: GET FUCKED.gif (332KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
GET FUCKED.gif
332KB, 200x200px
>>54349309
>but 90% of the time he's actually right
>>
>>54349510
Is Carnac ADB? Seeing how both of them are massive faggots with a hard-on for Chaos, I wouldn't be surprised.
>>
File: (you).jpg (14KB, 300x301px) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
14KB, 300x301px
>>54349309
> but 90% of the time he's actually right
>>
>>54349576
Carnac's got massive issues as well, but unlike ADB, who roleplays as sons taking revenge on fathers, Carnac roleplays as losers who take revenge on the world.

Take that as you will
>>
>>54349510
>Not to mention, he's an intellectual coward,which I noticed a week or two ago when he was arguing with some anon about GW and BL never admitting that Chaos loses and always wins something or keikakus, and the anon brought up the black crusades being retconned into Abby always winning something. Carnac asks him to explain, and he brought up the fact that even when he was repulsed now Abaddon always furthered the crimson path. So Carnac tells him to write ALL he knows about ALL of the crusades, or else he's a liar.

That was a different anon than me. But from that example I can see that the coward was the guy who went quiet when asked to clarify his position.

And there was no retcon if the Black Crusade before the Black Legion supplement were not expanded upon outside of the 12th Black Crusade.

You built a strawman from another anon for me and look you built another strawman :

>It's because he's insufferable and thinks that because something is canon it's objectively better than something which isn't,

I thought I always made it clear how much I hate the Newcron retcon and how much I see it as a missed opportunity turned into an abortion. Oldcrons will always have a special place in my hearth but you don't see me shitting on Newcrons every chance I get. You sir are a strawmanning hypocrite. If I was able I would slap you with my glove of contempt.
>>
>>54350355
>You don't see me shitting on newcrons every chance I get
What the fuck is that attitude ? Do you think you're some kind of canon police ?
The reason the WH community is so great is the amazing stories it creates even when they have to deviate from the canon. You'd find a million things wrong with the Shangri-la segmentum created in an amazing thread some days ago, yet I'd take that any day over some obscure black library pseudo-canon.
Your incredible assblast after being exposed as being hell-bent on defending your shit makes me wonder why a grown man would take so seriously the fluff created for fun and enjoyment around plastic miniatures.

Fuck, why am I always responding to trolls. After all these years I'm still a newfag in spirit
>>
>>54351353
Yes, I am the canon police. Your headcanon is under arrest. Its destination is the trash.

You can deviate all you like nobody is stopping you but when you try to pass off your headcanon as legit fluff, then we have a problem. You are not welcome in fluff threads. Stay out. You have your own threads like the Nobledark and Hector Hersey threads. You don't see me posting there. Learn some manners.

>why a grown man would take so seriously the fluff created for fun and enjoyment around plastic miniatures.

Where the hell do you think you are.jpeg.
>>
>>54350355
>That was a different anon than me
No it wasn't you lying turd, it was you from start to finish, nobody else has your style.

>. If I was able I would slap you with my glove of contempt

Honest question, and I expect an answer: are you scientifically classified as on the spectrum?
>>
>>54351615
>Learn some manners
>You are not welcome on fluff threads
Considering the manners on 4chan the contradiction is astounding
>>
>>54351625
Nope, there were two anons arguing for a single point but I left the Crusades for the other guy.

>Honest question

You haven't said an honest word in any exchange we ever had. You always desire to derail threads instead of allowing for honest discussion of the recent lore and its development. I name you an obnoxious troll. Begone!
>>
>>54351353
>>54351625
>>54351850
Stop feeding you immesurable numbskulls
>>
>>54352066
>>54336381
>>
>>54351963
Yep, deffo asperger's at least
>>54352066
He isn't a troll, he's Ill and needs help
>>
>>54352382
But how do we make someone understand he's a fun-ruining twat ?
I mean, he doesn't seem to think that his dedication would probably make for awesomely detailed chaos stories and other creative content if only he dropped the annoying attitude
>>
>>54352382
If I had a penny for every strawman you built, I would have bought GW by now and squatted the Tyranids.
>>
>>54352451
If I had a penny for every for every time your autism ruined a thread, I'd have bought ADB and made him retcon the existence of Chaos.
>>
>>54352417
You could if he was normal, or at least well-meaning, but he's mentally ill and malicious, and definitely needs a hobby (reading cheap genre fiction doesn't count)

Only time he's gone to ground is after Be'lakor got triple BTFO during the end times, and he left the general (for a time at least). Just patronize him, but never reply to him, and see how his rage makes him go incoherent, seeing as our only hope now is to cause him a total mental breakdown
>>
>>54352520
Actually, I was the one who posted the Be'lakor being beaten copypastas in the ETs thread. Then I spent most of my time in AoS generals since 40K had like ZERO content of the time. But continue to try to besmirch my good name with lies. You are as awful at it as you are awful at the lore. I check you could check the archive
>>
>he thinks we've forgotten the Be'lfaggotry

Not even that anon with a grudge but who the fuck do you think you're fooling? Shit, you're still butmadd about the lizard rocks.

Not even going to give you a (you), you peasant
>>
File: Lord of the End Times.png (2MB, 6808x880px) Image search: [Google]
Lord of the End Times.png
2MB, 6808x880px
>>54352668
Portals. He. Cannot. Use. Them. You can bitch all you want. The Lizards never touched the Dark Master (picture related).

And me liking Be'lakor has nothing to do with me posting the spoilers for the novels that he was defeated in. They were awesome fights and sequences. Good defeats for an coolest villain in WHFB history.

>(you)

This has to be the stupidest thing ever invented by desperate anons on this board. You are not spiting me by not giving me a (you). You responded me to all the same and made me reply to you regardless. If you think I am a troll, then you have fed me and lost. So very counterproductive.
>>
>>54332459
> the Emperor sees a solitary Terminator has entered the room.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>54352815
Dude, spend your time doing something fun at least. Now you're just making me sad.
What's even the point of defending the canon ?
You said yourself that you're not a fan of newcrons for example. Why not spend your time creating fluffy oldcrons armies, making shit up that everyone including you would enjoy ?
>>
>>54352863
I am playing Hearthstone while I am typing replies between turns. It's pretty fun. Hyped for the expansion.

And this is a fluff discussion thread. Your question is pointless.
>>
File: big laff.png (43KB, 706x669px) Image search: [Google]
big laff.png
43KB, 706x669px
>>54329266
Fucking nice. Stolen.
>>
>>54352934
You're avoiding the point.
You said yourself that you don't go to alternative fluff thread.
Plus, this kind of thread about how a character felt leaves room for a lot of interpretation. Interpreting characters and factions is part of the discussion.
>>
File: Pious.jpg (154KB, 595x853px) Image search: [Google]
Pious.jpg
154KB, 595x853px
>>54352965
And I citing the new canon and discussing it with people that want to discuss. You stick to your corner and I will stick to mine. If you don't like what's being said, ignore it and do whatever. I ain't forcing you to read my posts. Get some self control, man.

Horus might feel regret when Pius stabs him with the God Killing Anathame but the Emperor? No, he will not hesitate in killing Horus. As Girlyman put it, the Emperor is too callous and monstrous to care about the life of a single being even if it was a Primarch.
>>
But no one wants to discuss the new canon with you. You're an unwanted presence in every thread, and I'm thankful you stay away from the heresy general.
>>
>>54353026
The point of the last 30 posts is that no one likes what you do, and what you see as being the point of the thread is something almost no one on /tg/ sees as a good thing.
There's no sticking to one's corner when you come and reply to everything that pisses you off in a thread where no one wants your attitude.
It's time to give up.
>>
>>54353058
I post in HH threads though. Especially when new novels come.

And look at this thread and the other one. It seems you are wrong.
>>
>>54353091
The fact that people answer you because you annoy them doesn't really count, anon.
>>
>>54353091
In that case why aren't you like that in the other threads? Nobody is that annoying in the HH general

>It seems you are wrong

Delusional, eh? Much like armless the harmless
>>
>>54353090
The point of those 30 posts is to derail a thread.

Again, self control and if you can't, stay away from fluff thread. People will say things that will trigger you. You are too fragile to endure it.

And I am running out of (you)s to give you. You are making me lose focus in Hearthstone, man.
>>
>>54353132
>Talks about self-control
>Not being able to tolerate the slightest deviation to an ever-changing canon
M8
>>
>>54353121
I rarely post in 30K threads because most 30K fluff is marine vs marine which is a snorefest to read through.

Ain't delusional but a realist. This is the last meta-post.
>>
>>54331197
Isn't he that faggot who sperged out at Be'lakor being killed by falling rocks from the lizardmen.
>>
>>54353258
He spergs about

>Be'lakor
>Abaddon
>Drach'nyen
>Illic or whatever
>Tau
>anything to do with nids (particularly strange was when an anon said he liked them and Carnac went wild)
>Chaos not winning ultimately
>probably hates orks as well, which is how one detects plebs

Basically, SAD!: the life story
>>
>>54329302
>when everything else has been correctly, authentically and appropriately re-told since then.
he sounds like he's so full of himself you could poke him with a needle making him explode so hard they would need to add couple of notches more to the Richter scale
>>
>>54332520
Thanks, anon. I never read the full version until now
>>
>>54330853
more modern than 4chan
>>
Itt: One "that guy" and a bunch of tards feeding him. Ya'll know what you're doing, kindly stop
>>
>>54353469
You have no idea how the Richter scale works do you?
>>
>>54330752
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>54330752
>Also the divinity? No. The Emperor is not divine
Yes, the Emperor is literally divine.
>>
>>54342481
I will never be able to unsee the first one.
>>
>>54356778
>divine
>can't destroy a daemon
>>
>>54331345
MoM is a travesty.
>>
>>54357152
Elaborate. Not gonna debate you over it. Just curious about your thoughts.
>>
>>54357299
Not him but MoM was a disaster lore wise. Interesting premise with the War in the Webway but ADB hints the emperor isnt even Human but a weapon from the dark age of technology and gives him a defeatist attitude and the whole demon of the first murder shitshow
>>
>>54357299
Lets me make it clear that I'm a CSM player and am biased in liking Chaos winning. That said though MoM was Chaos wanking and Emperor bashing to the point where the plot was so heavily overshadowed that book was no longer enjoyable. I read it to the end, because I liked the Custodes which we hear so little about. Chaos was presented as an overwhelming force, which is true, but in a totally bizarre way. The Daemon know as End of Empires or Drach'nyen (Abby's sword) just goes sick house on everyone. Knights, Custodes, Contemptor-Galatus Dreads, Ordo Reductor super robots. It doesn't matter, they're all chaff before this invincible Daemon. It possess a Titan Princeps and the Murder Robot that is the leader of the Ordo Reductor.

This is all almost acceptable. Pretty Marysueish imo, but still within the boundaries of what can be expected from 40k. Then it fights E-Money himself. It basically beats the shit out of a God. He's bleeding all over the place and is confused and dare I say frighted. So he manages to stick it in his sword, which he then impales in his last Tribune.

So you think to yourself "Well, that sounds kind of stupid. The Emperor wins though so it's all cool right?" Bad news my friend. The books ends and the Emperor closes the Web Way gate, his dream is ruined.

Then comes the worst part. It's not even part of the story. There was literally no reason to write it. ABD wrote an afterwards that basically says the rest of the HH doesn't matter. Horus v Emps doesn't matter. All those wars in 40k? WAAGH the Beast? Armaggedon? Nids? Fuck em' all. Chaos wins. It's all over Chaos has won the war for all eternity. Nothing anyone writes, does, or plays matters from now on because Chaos has won.

The whole book can be surmised as a Chaos wank so intense as to piss of the people he's jerking off. It's an embarrassment and should never have been allowed to be published.
>>
>>54353373
Everyone forgets the Blood Feud phase. This is an old problem, friend.
>>
>>54357706
so does that make the modern setting to 40k the loss scenario? In reality it isn't an actual war, every other faction has already lost and are just being used to fuel the Chaos Gods? That sucks
>>
If MoM is so unpopular with players GW oughtta just hire somebody to retcon the fuck out of it.
>>
>>54362960
Actually, the reviews are out. Most people outside of 4chan love it.
>>
>>54358924
the blood feud autism was back in his TIDF days as well, I think
>>
>>54329364
*"Futa is gay (not that there's anything wrong with that, just come out of the closet already"
>>
File: Chaos BTFO.jpg (865KB, 713x1023px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos BTFO.jpg
865KB, 713x1023px
>>54331706
>Abadingdongs believe this

BTFO by a shiny woman, and ran into the darkness shouting CREEEEEEEEEEEEED!.
>>
>>54363011
Nope. he defeated her far and square with a literal bitch slap. She backstabbed him and ran when he was torturing Creed. I mean who does that? The Pylons were the things that made Abaddon bug out before they closed the Warp.

And how much of a weakling is the Emperor if his avatar (and the last Living Saint in the galaxy) was said to be no match for Abaddon even at her full strength? Abaddon didn't even draw upon the power of Drach'nyen to defeat her. This makes me believe that there is no single being in the galaxy that can 1 v 1 Abaddon.
>>
>>54329158
Yes. He totally regretted not destroying Terra from orbit.
Thread posts: 287
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.