[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Excuse Me Autarch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Excuse_Me.png (127KB, 479x349px) Image search: [Google]
Excuse_Me.png
127KB, 479x349px
But why the hell do we have so many useless Aspect Schools that don't contribute much of all to the battle? Statistically speaking the main ways to kill or rout the enemy is either by shelling the Khaine out of them or charging their position. Or ideally, a combination of both.

So why do we bother to have Dire Avengers, Swooping Hawks, or Fire Dragons. I'm a Dire Avenger and frankly I find it complete bullshit how apparently all I get to use is a shuriken rifle, which can barely kill anything that is wearing armor and we're completely lacking in support weapons in the squad. We have to stake our lives on the Dire Avengers or Striking Scorpions doing their jobs, which frankly isn't a comforting or reliable bet to make. It seems like to me that if we have such a proliferation of special weapons that we might as well scrap elite riflemen altogether.

Additionally, why do we even do this rigid squad structure bullshit anyway? We're supposed to be adaptable, and having concentrated squads dedicated exclusively to one 'Aspect' seems like purposefully gimping us. We'd be far more effective if we combined different aspects into one squad. I could put up with that Dark Reaper Barrion's edgy horseshit if he was always within ten feet of me with that rocket launcher of his.
>>
Your shuriken catapult is fine, it has mini-rending, idiot.

(Why the FUCK do we call them catapults? That is not a name that makes me think of the kind of precision we expect out of them)
>>
>>54328475
That's fine for killing Ork boyz, but that's not going be awfully helpful against an Ork buggy. At very least it would be nice if we just give everybody a Reaper Launcher, which shouldn't be much of a bother considering our Bonesingers just magic that shit into existence.

Or at very least, stick a Dark Reaper and Fire Dragon in each squad of Dire Avengers.
>>
>>54328406
TRADITION!
>>
>>54328558
Because only Marines can put a meltagun and rocket launcher in their basic squads, duh.

Also Eldar need to stay on a specific path lest they do the whole slannesh thing again. Also also in lore all the paths are insanely badass, Avengers are gods of holding the line and making a steady advance, scorpions are all predators, etc. remember marines are supposedly badass superhumans capable of easily killing a squad of guardsmen, so.....
>>
>>54328737
There's also only a million space marines for the whole galaxy.
>>
>>54328771
Depending on the author the same could be said for the Eldar.
>>
>>54328475
They have a rate of fire in the range of 1000RPM and magazines that fire monomolecular shurikens. While this is relatively preposterous its basically a hand-held minigun that propels the projectile like a railgun. It kinda works in a sense, of being a catapult. Think of skeet catapults. Only magrail.

>>54328406
DA's suck this edition. Guardians are better.

>fire dragons
>bad
Pick 1

also in theory we need troops, but those rules are dead so troops exist for unknown reasons now.
>>
File: 1431661908628.jpg (653KB, 610x845px) Image search: [Google]
1431661908628.jpg
653KB, 610x845px
Because you're Eldar and you feel emotions way too strongly. The Aspects aren't just types of warfare, but aspects of the emotions of warfare as well - the patience of the hunter, the rage that burns all enemies, all that jazz.

The last time you guys let yourselves feel whatever the fuck you wanted, you fucked over the whole galaxy. The whole point of these rigid aspects is so that you can safely channel one specific emotion at a time, after which you can switch to another Aspect - assuming you don't get stuck on one path. Otherwise you'll get overwhelmed and either end up like your dark kin or get eaten by Slaanesh.
>>
>>54329270
>>54328475

So they're not especially precise, they just have a stupid high rate of fire. That's what "blade storm" is. So many shots down range that one just eventually finds its sharp way into an armor crevice.

In other, autistic, news. I once calculated the theoretical amount of ammunition in each magazine based on the size of the models, which results in tens of millions of shots. Assuming normal rates of usage based on ammunition use by a marine. There's roughly 3 months of continuous firing in each magazine.
>>
>>54329311
Well fluff does say their ammo is near limitless
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.