[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1 on 1 campaign

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

so /tg/, tell me about 1 on 1 campaigns. not sessions, but knowing and planning your adventure with only 1 player and 1 dm. stories from either perspective are welcome
>>
>>54328314
Should add a DM PC just to make up for the lacking elements for only having one player, otherwise reward them more often, and give more overpowered rewards so they fare better
>>
>>54328335
this DESU. I GM 1 on 1 games regularly and my player seems to enjoy having access to one or two members of a mercenary group that are all friends.

Even though I am the GM, the adventure plays like its the pair of us. I have them take the lead and use my henchmen characters give information & advice but not leading too strongly. Otherwise, just plan the campaign as normal but be prepared to adjust things on the wing.
>>
>>54328314
1 on 1 can be very fun, but the fewer people you have playing a game, the more important the dynamic between them is. In my experience, most 1 on 1 games quickly fizzle because the dynamic isn't good enough to provide the energy necessary for the game to thrive. But it's a fizzle, not a crash and burn, so it's not a painful experience; it's just disappointing.

Still, if you can find a person you have a good dynamic with, and who is suitably active in the game, then it's a unique experience. Without trying to sound all homoerotic, it's a much more intimate experience, because everything revolves around the PC, and you can focus on them and the things they do in much greater detail than you could in a multiplayer campaign (because you'd never get anywhere if you did that with a bunch of different PCs).
>>
I had a lot of fun doing a 1 on q campaign with a friend of mine. The thing about it is more than with a campaign where there is a group you are able to focus on their character and really roleplay and engage them because everything can revolve around their character. This isn't to say there isn't a world and you don't have things going on in the background, but the clarity of purpose and direction in a 1 on 1 is really good. It let's you do much more intricate things than I think you can with a group.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.