[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soliciting System Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1026.jpg (159KB, 741x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1026.jpg
159KB, 741x800px
I'm stuck trying to find a system to run a campaign idea in. I'm looking to you fa/tg/uys for advice, both helpful and retarded.

The concept I'm working with is that there will be 5 pre-built characters that my players will control as a group. They'll vote on each character's actions as a committee. If they can't agree, the character hesitates and loses his actions. Each character will have personality traits and flaws that may cause them to act against the group's wishes anyway. They're going to be explorers hexcrawling an alien planet, looking for resources and alien artifacts and such.

I'm looking for a system that is complex enough to allow the 5 explorers to specialize (as Tank, Striker, Crowd-Control, Scout and Support), broad enough so that they can upgrade to cover their weaknesses, and enough tactical depth that the players feel like they're not just rolling d20s all night. Ideally, the system would also allow for upgrades from alien tech.

At first we were going to use Mutants and Masterminds, but it became apparent that tactical combat doesn't work in that system. Then we looked at GURPS, but it's just too dense for the kind of pick-up game it's supposed to be.

I know it's not an easy task, so, what do you suggest?
>>
DnD 4e, or one of the games based off it.

>>54313634
>>
File: 1466418481139.jpg (299KB, 1152x1755px) Image search: [Google]
1466418481139.jpg
299KB, 1152x1755px
>>54326638
Thanks. I'm looking for something more futuristic, and it doesn't support out-of-mech encounters . I guess it wouldn't take much to reskin all of the powers to be mech-based and the enemies to be alien-based, though.

I'm still looking for other ideas, though.
>>
>>54326822
Gamma World is fun, the one based on 4th ed D&D
>>
File: Modular mecha.pdf (349KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Modular mecha.pdf
349KB, 1x1px
>>54326822
GURPS, but do the background work and use lite/action! If you need to.

Seriously it's great for these kinds of games.
>>
>>54327365
This is what it looks like I'm defaulting too unless I can get another system. I can do all the work myself, but it's going to be rough.
>>
File: 1467123720697.jpg (1MB, 1903x3005px) Image search: [Google]
1467123720697.jpg
1MB, 1903x3005px
Bump before work.
>>
Make a hack Apcolypse World.

Easy to learn. Easy to play. Easy to hack.
>>
File: LAsers and Feelings.pdf (457KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
LAsers and Feelings.pdf
457KB, 1x1px
>>54326822
>doesn't support out-of-mech encounters
I've found that if you use 4e to represent your mech, but pic-related to represent the pilot when out of mech.

Yes, this does mean that your mech will have much more in-depth rules than the pilot in-mech, but this is to be expected in a game about fighting robots.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.