[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Variant Magic Item Rules

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: Frozen Sword.jpg (755KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Frozen Sword.jpg
755KB, 1280x1024px
Sup /tg/. I'm planning a Pathfinder campaign in a low-magic setting, and need some help with magic items.

My problem is that, by design, characters are supposed to gain certain abilities and bonuses through magic items - Wealth by Level is factored into character progression and CR and so on. But the setting I'm working in is somewhat low magic, where you can't just walk into the Magic Item Store that's in every major city. I want magical items to feel special and powerful, more akin to artifacts, than standard gear.

I seem to remember 3.P having a variant rulesystem where, instead of there being "magic items" that were made by wizards and stuff, "magic items" were legendary items that had power because they were wielded by a hero - by the PCs. And the legendary sword or whatever wasn't really that powerful; the power was in the guy who wielded it. Functionally, it gave players this pool of points to spend on making their items magical, and it took a certain amount of time so that they wouldn't just make a bunch of potions and stuff, etc.

Does anyone know the system I'm talking about? Or have alternative suggestions for magic items in low magic settings?
>>
>>54326203
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/unchained-rules/automatic-bonus-progression

just copy and work something out of this bud. also probably should've posted this in pfg or pgg or whatever its called now
>>
>>54326456

That looks like a good place to start; thanks. Also, pfg? pgg? I haven't been to 4chan since around the time qst was formed; is tg not the place for tabletop stuff anymore?
>>
>>54327201
pathfinder general/ paizo games general thread
browse catalog
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.