[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wild West

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: C_116_Schedafilm_3027_upiImage.jpg (51KB, 500x816px) Image search: [Google]
C_116_Schedafilm_3027_upiImage.jpg
51KB, 500x816px
Have you played any Western RPGs, anons? How did it go? What are your best system, preferably without magic or supernatural elements?
>>
>>54321288
I GMed a one-shot of Dogs in the Vineyard. It went well, the PCs discovered someone was having an affair, dragged the woman out of her house and shot her in the head, then hunted the man through the wilderness before killing him as well.
>>
>>54321288
Ran a short Zombie story based in Boulder, Colorado with the Deadlands system.

It was fun. Scared the PCs decently, and they got cool things to do. Even the woman who played a yankee doctor woman had some stuff to do that was fun. Though I think the gambling huckster and the cowpoke had more fun.
>>
Gunslingers and Gamblers.
Every roll is like a little game of yatze with poker dice.
>>
Played a long game of Dogs in the Vineyard that ran a full year both irl and in-game time to an extremely satisfying conclusion for everyone involved. It was probably my best campaign.

While Dogs often involves playing each game as a detached town, I interconnected the games with underlying plots that ran between towns and it made the big finale extremely nice, and very dramatic. Overall I really enjoyed the concept and setting but don't know if I'll go back again, and certainly not with the same group.
>>
>>54321288
>Have you played any Western RPGs, anons?
No. Actually, Westerns are one of the few settings I've never once played in. I've played in time travel games where we went to all sorts of crazy places, and I've played in games where we dimension hopped between realities, but we never touched on a Western genre. I'm not a big fan of Westerns, myself, and I don't know that anybody in my group is a particular fan, but it still seems odd that it's never been a thing in any of our games.
>>
>>54321853
>>54328662
I stand behind Dogs in the Vineyard as well. I think it does a great job of balancing the need for talk and the need for action in conflicts.
>>
>>54321288
GURPS Space 1889 set in the Americas, was a blast.

GURPS is great for fairly realistic level gameplay at least up through the 20th century.
>>
I briefly played in a Savage Worlds game in a future western. Our party contained a psychic alien, an apothecary with a thing for poisons, an android with a fuel cell that could run on alcohol (think Bender with a shotgun) and myself, a bounty hunter with a camouflaging velociraptor named Delilah. It was a particularly fun character. He was gene modded so that Delilah thought he was one of her same species and she was easier to control but it made dealing with other animals annoying as shit (horses pretty much saw him as a murder-raptor and that was sometimes a problem)
>>
>>54331058
Admittedly, one of the reasons I enjoyed this character as much as I did was the fact that me and the GM worked out Delilah's command words ahead of time so whenever I used a new one the party had a second of going "Ohh god, what's the raptor gonna do."

The only two I remember off the top of my head were:

"Sit pretty" which was the command to drop her camouflage and go back to her normal coloring
"Kiss kiss" the command to maul the shit out of someone without killing them OR basically an okay for affection. If he was the closest thing to her he could use the same command and she'd generally boop her snoot on his cheek and let him pet her. He'd be a corpse by now if the gene therapy didn't cause him to produce raptor pheromones that made her assume he was the alpha male of their pack (and considering that her whole job was to set him up for the kill that was heavily reinforced)
>>
>>54321288
Few times, was a blast.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.