[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horus Heresy General /hhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 359
Thread images: 61

File: hhgalpha.png (610KB, 811x542px) Image search: [Google]
hhgalpha.png
610KB, 811x542px
New Sicaran pattern edition
Slowpoke subedition

Nothin of note happened the last time, it seems the general is really dying. This cannot stand - this will not stand.
Kicking it off, what are the legions skilled at subterfuge on a second glance? We all know the AL, RG, NL, but what about the others? White Scars, Dark Angels (Ravenwing), Emperor's Children, can they compete?

>Thread FAQ
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 (embed)

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed) ()

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed) ()
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764 (embed)

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447 (embed)

>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318 (embed)

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
http://www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>Crimson King
http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/hT9jpwsK/file.html

>NEW Mega Folder
https://mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
>>
File: 1499795587899.jpg (8KB, 265x265px) Image search: [Google]
1499795587899.jpg
8KB, 265x265px
Manlet Heresy
>>
>tank is gorgeous
>turret looks great
>barrels and muzzles are interesting
>gun mount is a shitty door hinge
What the hell, FW?
>>
And the new toy.

>>54319360
>heretech marines
Kill yourself.
>>
>>54319344
If this thread dies as ignobly I propose we bury the general until something changes.

Anyone for?
>>
>>54319415
HH model line just jumped the shark
>>
>>54319446
We have to make the change.
I have a ton of ideas but no time for the realisation. Aside prom painting and modelling, I'd like to make a dynamic ruleset from the ground up for Zone Mortalis and other skirmish variations based on Action Points characteristic.
>>
>>54319415
>>54319434
We GW designed now.

They could have taken the minigun turret from the Mastodon. It could have doubled as an AA options as well. Or make it hull mounted, like Stormlord.

The problem with the Sicaran is that the hull is so tall, that putting any turret with any real mass on it will not look good.
>>
Someone make a "do you love me brother" image with the sicarans
>>
>beheading yout own marines for failing to achieve their objective despite heavy resistance
REEEEEEEEEE Nick Kyme get out of my Iron Hands REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>54319687
Is there an upload? I'm specifically interested in the short story Unspoken.

>>54319567
I agree, out of all the new designs they chose the worst to release first. The plasma and missile versions look a lot better.
>>
File: sturmtiger.jpg (63KB, 800x519px) Image search: [Google]
sturmtiger.jpg
63KB, 800x519px
>>54319814
I think the plasma might have worked better with a Land Speeder Vengeance style horizontal guns rather than vertical ones. The missile has a low profile, though why they put such a heavy combat tank on artillery duty seem stupid...
>>
File: Angery.gif (539KB, 318x400px) Image search: [Google]
Angery.gif
539KB, 318x400px
>>54319501
>>54319446
>tfw you have some ideas you haven't implemented in this drought while FW lies turbocucked by GW, but you are too busy to meme around and HHG itself wouldn't pick them up anyway
>>
File: Laurie Goulding.png (264KB, 644x991px) Image search: [Google]
Laurie Goulding.png
264KB, 644x991px
>>54319687
You try to steal our battlecry, now you are trying to steal our Decimation? REEEEEEE Ferruslets get out!
>Edited by Laurie Gould.
Jej. Written by whom?
>>
>>54319446
I very much preferred the general when they weren't made back to back and had a couple of days downtime in between. The discussions had a lot more substance rather than just talking for talking's sake.
>>
>>54320009
>new fluff deletes old fluff

Unless it's non-BL.

I really want to hear how he's doing with all the Star Wars books and that fandom.
>>
>>54320012
Back in the day releases were more common and we were still discovering stuff. Before the wait for Inferno it was sustainable at least. 'Tis be a drought I say.
Also, the discordS (plural) keep away posts that could very well go in the chans due to instant replies. We're like printed press vs online shittery at this point.
>>
>>54320036
>implying disney would take him

Nah, he works for Riot Games now. Giving us that amazing LoL fluff we all care so much about.
>>
>>54320036
Considering Disney made the Expanded Universe non-cannon...
>>54320054
He'll fit right in that wretched hive of scum and villainy
>>
I am finally ordering some renegade militia torsos from mirandairene to make cultists for my Calth veterans Word Bearers force. I guess the renegade bits are pretty fluff friendly but...What should I avoid when using the cadian bits? Is there something in that kit that wasn't around during the Horus Heresy?
>>
>>54320054
Last I heard he was going to work as an editor for Disney's new line of SW novels. Guess I heard wrong or he didn't work there for very long.
>>
File: 1476047467864.jpg (102KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
1476047467864.jpg
102KB, 498x498px
>>54319944
>you are too busy to meme around and HHG itself wouldn't pick them up anyway
Main highlights
>each squad gets AP assigned based on Initiative and Leadership
>AP is used for everything, move, shoot, melee, morale, special actions such as Look Out etc., so for example a squad may spend all its APs to only shoot in one turn, effectively having multiple shooting phases
>models cost X-Y, where X is base point value and Y is the current number of models in the squad
>gameplay is on action-by-action-based, where one player moves, shoots, attacks in melee etc., then another, and so on, the turn only ending when all the APs have been spent or if the player who's the only one having any calls the turn end
What do you think?
>>
>>54320256
I think it's good. But what about melee? It kind of makes me want to spend all my APs in shooting and moving, and then wait for the enemy to try close in melee, spending APs to move towards me
>>
>>54320363
ATM attacking in melee costs AP like any other action, or if automatic Attacks value some bonuses or penalties may apply. This is quite a crucial thing so nothing is definite until it is thoroughly playtested if it gets to that point at all.
>>
>>54320081
Yes it's full f stuff that wasn't there during the heresy. Yoir only option is to buy lots of death korps troopers. You then need to gut off their legs and place the renegade bits on them.
>>
>>54319883
Totally agree. Can't find a photo, but one of the MKA guys made a plasma Sicaran using Deredeo parts. It used them horizontally and it looked better, imo.
>>
>>54320081
>What should I avoid when using the cadian bits?
They're too big, imo. I'd consider Victoria Miniatures.
>>
Where there no loyalist Word Bearers, or were they all just murdered before the Heresy?
>>
>>54319814
>Is there an upload?
It's on audiobookbay

>>54320009
>Written by whom?
It's an anthology but the offending story was by Nick Kyme.

>>54321630
There were plenty of loyalist Word Bearers but Lorgar, Kit Phaeron, and Erebus had 40 years to purge them so there were literally none* left.

*Narek is the only known exception and he wasn't a loyalist in the traditional sense
>>
File: Nick Kyme.png (133KB, 654x840px) Image search: [Google]
Nick Kyme.png
133KB, 654x840px
>>54321720
>the offending story was by Nick Kyme
Figures.
>>
>>54321559
The only things that look too big in my opinion are the hands but I plan on painting them as gloves so my guys will look just heavy equipped. They still look small by the side of HH marines
>>
So is heresy dead thanks to 8th?

What's going on? Is it going to switch over or stay the same?

I've been wanting to start a new legion but fuck that if the game is going to switch to age of Sigmar.
>>
>>54320081
I'd use Genestealer cult parts instead of Cadian, the torso are actually slightly out of scale with the Cadian bits. Also, I think the genestealer bits are better looking.
>>
>>54321997
Yes.

Not immediately. It's unclear but for the moment they're sticking with 7th. FW will be releasing their own core rule book for 7th with nothing changed.

What legion?
>>
>>54321997
If you're asking why things are quiet here:
>It's summer vacation in the Northern Hemisphere.
>Those who play 30k and 40k are excited about the latter.
>We're between major releases and FW doesn't communicate much.
>We're waiting to see what changes, if any, are in FW's 7th ed. rulebook.
I can't write my Outrider-heavy list until I know if multibombing is back.

We're staying in 7th. We don't know for how long, but long enough that FW is releasing a rulebook to replace the 7th ed. books that GW is no longer printing. It sounds like it won't fix many of the existing issues because it's a rush job.

They were caught off guard by Alan Bligh's passing - he had cancer, and after a long period of treatment and apparent stability, it suddenly got worse and killed him within the space of several days. He wanted to switch to 8th. Without him, it'll take a while to get to it.

Even if they eventually do, I'd expect a more detailed game than 40k.
>>
>>54322203
>Bligh is dead
>>
>>54322125
They'd look too mutant and I don't want that in this particular unit. If I get some enforcers I may try those
>>
How do I pick a legion if I like most of them and don't play enough to know what I want in an army?
>>
>>54322367
Look for the legion specific units and charcters. That'll probably help you choose
>>
>>54322367
Seeing as you can ally most stuff in I'd just start with something you like the look of.
>>
>>54322203
>>It's summer vacation in the Northern Hemisphere.
>>Those who play 30k and 40k are excited about the latter.
I'm also excited about the Hemisphere. Wohoo! Go Hemisphere!
>>
>>54322367
What did you say you like?
>>
>>54323184
>preferring Northern Hemisphere over summer vacation

Typical hemifag.
>>
>>54322367
What theme do you like and how do you like your army to function? Do you like big gunz? Hordes of infantry? Eliter troops? Terminators? Dreads? Tonks?
>>
>>54322203
>He wanted to switch to 8th
Source you fucking cunt, don't try to make him into some sort of martyr
>>
File: Dank Code-Memes.jpg (38KB, 1215x50px) Image search: [Google]
Dank Code-Memes.jpg
38KB, 1215x50px
>>54322367
>Error CDIV
I see what was done there.
>>
>>54319446
I concur. Nothing of interest happens anymore. Primarrch discussion happens better in dedicated threads, and hardly anyone plays because of the switch to 8th edition. All the great namefags have deserted us. Better to drop this and revive it when there's a good time to do so.
>>
>>54320053
Why plural?
>>
>>54323444
Stuff ADB said on Bolter and Chainsword. You'll have to look it up yourself.
>>
>>54323444
>"HH gonna stay 7e forever, honest, guv."
>>
File: IMG_3196.jpg (827KB, 3836x1194px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3196.jpg
827KB, 3836x1194px
Finished assembling another Vet squad, their Apothecary, a Librarian, and a Siege Breaker. Time to clean and paint some shit.
>>
>>54322367
Pick a color, or read some of the black library novels. Surely you can think of SOMETHING you like, whether a unit, combat style, famous battle... anything?

>>54323184
lol

>>54323444
At the FW Weekender in February of this year, Bligh said that HH would always use the current edition of 40k.
>>
File: -uS088-XZzA.jpg (94KB, 604x340px) Image search: [Google]
-uS088-XZzA.jpg
94KB, 604x340px
>>54322367
Go with whoever's primarch you find most husbando-able
>>
>>54325203
What if you like a Legion but hate their Primarch?
>>
>>54325234
Then choose the opposite allegiance of the Primarch
traitor-->loyalist
loyalist-->traitor
>>
>>54324230
Well because I'm in two .-.
>>
>>54325234
Shut up Luther
>>
>>54325234
Play that legion, but as traitor (if loyalist primarch) or loyal (if traitor primarch). Or choose a legion whose primarch you do like, so you can field him.
>>
>>54325334
Loyalist IWs go! :^)
>>
>>54322367
Shattered legions.
>>
>>54325665
I should have added that loyalist IWs are the exception to the "same legion, opposite loyalty" rule. They're a case where you should definitely just go with a different legion.
>>
>>54325665
>hating Perturabo
>>/r/eddit
>>
File: Loyalist IronWarriors 1.jpg (115KB, 703x434px) Image search: [Google]
Loyalist IronWarriors 1.jpg
115KB, 703x434px
>>54325871
>The offishul go-to Loyalists
>>
>>54325911
A mad autist who decimated his Legion, couldn't keep his homeworld happy and failed to even capture Tallarn.
>>
>>54325942
Why aren't Traitor RG that level of meme, then?
>>
>>54326004
Cheekiest breekiest never turn off their sneakiest. Try catching one.
>Except for that alcoholic RG
>>
>>54325981
Pert is clearly /ourguy/
>>
>>54325911
>poopoo peepee noone understands my feefees the Primarch
>>
>>54325981
Is Perturabo the only Primarch to have lost a battle when an opposing Primarch wasn't present? Embarrassing.
>>
>>54326078
He didn't lose. His prey escaped and both bled.
>>
So are the Luperci just Gal Vorbak? I hope we get the Battle of Molech in Book 9.
>>
>>54324230
There's two discord channels, some faggot admin got pissed at another faggot servant of his and so the servant ran off to make his own discord with blackjack and hookers, Except none of the discords contain anything but undistiled autism and the laughter of manchild admins.

The discords killed this community and now they're cannibalizing themselves.

Don't go near any of them, they're cancer.
>>
>>54328823
Technically yes, but their kind of possession is not the same to Gal Vorbak's symbiosis.
>>
>>54326041
Nathian was best boi, a true slav sneeki breeki raven.
>>
>>54328091
That's a nice way of saying "outnumbered them yet still got rekt"
>>54328823
While I realize it's necessary so that they can release a new Horus model alongside rules, if they actually had rules for the Luperci then every single other Legion fanboy would start demanding cool units of their own
>>
>>54329734
>then every single other Legion fanboy would start demanding cool units of their own
That's an asinine reason for not giving units rules.
>>
>>54329953
I mean, can't you just paint some gal vorbak green?

But yes, if you give the luperci rules you're going to have DG, EC, WE and TS asking where THEIR daemon hosts are.

And if you give in, now the loyalist are demanding rules
>>
>>54329997
I mean, can't you just paint some gal vorbak green?
Perhaps, but then you have to deal with ally baggage.

>But yes, if you give the luperci rules you're going to have DG, EC, WE and TS asking where THEIR daemon hosts are.
So just make rules for daemon hosts.

>And if you give in, now the loyalist are demanding rules
Give them cool rules too. What's the problem?
>>
So we know that the White Scars don't have any dreadnoughts, but we also know how much FW love them. The question is: will they be able to resist the impulse?
>>
>>54330091
The problem is, as we saw in Inferno, making balanced rules are not FW's forte, so they will most likely slow down the books to a crawl.
>>
>>54330126

Hover Dreadnoughts/Dreadnought Centaur with Batmobile Crawler tank wheel legs inbound
>>
>>54330137
>implying Forge World cares about fan criticism

>>54330126
It's possible for them to have Terran dreadnoughts that were interred before being reunited with Jaghatai.
>>
>>54330137
>The problem is, as we saw in Inferno, making balanced rules are not FW's forte
Apart from Magnus, GotCK and Russ I dont think Inferno's that bad balance wise.
The fact that those three are so egregious just means it got a bad reputation IMO.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
>>54319434
Its not bad, great against SA, mechanicum fleshies and militia levis, but otherwise doesnt do too much elsewhere. On the plus side it is 25pts cheaper than a 10 man Heavy Weapons squad with Heavy Bolters for more durability vs small/medium arms, mobility, the same firepower and the same number of slots. also can give the main gun rending if you so desire.
Pic related jokes whenever this thing gets fielded forever and ever
>>
>>54329347
Inferno and no switch to 8th edition killed this community far more than some internet chat.
>>
>>54330415
Inferno wasn't the problem, the problem is the lack of new products with the exception of a single custodes unit in months. A new tank can't fix that either.
Then with HH not getting updated to 8th we were finally doomed
>>
>>54330885
And with Bligh dead and French taking over things are going to take a turn for the skub. And IWfags (who make up a good portion of HH players here) will quit in disgust.
>>
SoH Reaver Chieftain may take a Hand Flamer for 5pts in addition to other wargear. Seems to be a waste not to take it unless the squad is equipped with Volkite Chargers, right?
>>
I really like the interactions between Magnus and Perturabo in Master of Prospero
>>
>>54330892
Who wrote Retribution?

Because that guy should be in charge.
>>
>>54330991
Bligh did. And he's dead now. He wrote all the books.
>>
>>54331002
Yeah, but it's not just Blight, is it? In its tone Retribution is a lot different from the other heresy books, in that it's got more 40k feel (dropping the moon on Bodt, cyber zombies on Xena, the ashen claws, The sally dreadnought who's so charismatic he turns bitterbois)
>>
>>54330991
>>54331039

Agreed. Retribution was the most interesting to read
>>
>>54326078

It's happened to him at least twice.

Tallarn was one. And also:

>Just as the Retribution Fleet was pressing its advantage, it received a psychic message on behalf of Rogal Dorn ordering their immediate return to Terra. This was the Fleet's first contact with the Imperium in months.[1] Pollux knew that loyally following the order would come at the price of forfeiting victory against the Iron Warriors fleet and inflicting a blow from which the traitor legion would not be able to recover. However, the loyalists were not aware of the broader situation across the galaxy and believed it was possible Terra itself was under attack. Polux ordered the Retribution Fleet to disengage and set course for Terra, sustaining grievous losses in the process.[3c] A number of light cruisers were deployed to cover their withdrawal, all of which were lost to the pursuing Iron Warrior battle barges.[1]

1/3
>>
>Rogal Dorn had issued the recall months before, as soon as he had learned that the Alpha Legion, the Night Lords, the Iron Warriors, and the Word Bearers, had all joined Horus's rebellion, making the traitor forces a much greater threat than he anticipated. Astropaths had been continuously broadcasting for months, unable to penetrate the warp storms until that moment.[3c] It has been speculated that the Chaos Gods allowed the psychic message through, in order to prevent the Iron Warriors' fleet from being destroyed, aware that the Imperial Fists were winning the battle, but also that their strict discipline would impel them to withdraw from the battle, even as they were winning.[4]

2/3
>>
>>54331186
Not sure if Tallarn counts, they only left because Horus ordered them to
>>
>The engagement was not the decisive victory sought by the Iron Warriors, with both the loyalist and traitor fleets suffering significant losses in equal measure... Following the Imperial Fists withdrawal, Perturabo smashed the consoles on the bridge of the Iron Blood in a fit of temper when it became clear that his forces escaped defeat only because of the Retribution Fleet's sudden suicidal withdrawal.[3c]
>In the months after the battle, Perturabo became increasingly saturnine and volatile, to the point where even his closest captains could not be sure of his favor or the rationality of his judgments. One sure way to provoke the primarch's rage, Forrix later remarked to Barban Falk, was to speak of the Imperial Fists in any terms other than hatred and contempt.[6]

3/3

Truly the shittiest Primarch. Perhaps only Mortarion is more pathetic.
>>
>>54331204
Perturabo sure was autistic.
>>
>>54330913
No, a cheap hand flamer is always useful on brawly units. It odds to overwatch, is generally more reliable than a bolt pistol and can be used to supplement other template weapons in chasing some scrubs out of cover.
Basically, it's five fucking points on one dude and thus not much of an investment even if you spam Reavers (why would you do that?).
>>
>>54331273
It is taken along with the bolt pistol so it gets even better.
>>
re: Sicarans, i've steadily gone further and further off them the more i look at 'em. they're like all the worst bits of a sherman and LAV bolted together. Sad, because it was nice to have an mbt that wasn't a m113 in denial. Why can't the imperium build machariuses of a sensible size? :(
>>
File: wake me up.gif (831KB, 295x400px) Image search: [Google]
wake me up.gif
831KB, 295x400px
>>54329347
complaining about discord and steamgroup killed /gsg/ so can we just be positive even if dead
>>
Bolter&chainsword has already started work on converting heresy to 8th ed.
So why don't we make our own port here in classic /tg gets shit done matter, afterall chapter master is in runnable condition
>>
File: IMG_20170715_131324565-816x459.jpg (64KB, 816x459px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170715_131324565-816x459.jpg
64KB, 816x459px
>Horus stands over the defeated Emperor, M32.
Genetor Anon here, on a research trip to Scotland. Also found a Tzeenchian sea worm, because nature is amazing if you're willing to poke a bit.
>>
File: 102327._UY3413_SS3413_.jpg (2MB, 1837x2397px) Image search: [Google]
102327._UY3413_SS3413_.jpg
2MB, 1837x2397px
>>54319415
>>54319434
>tfw you will never get a DAoT army with this sort of aesthetic across the whole force
>>
File: IMG_20170714_141343184-816x459.jpg (67KB, 816x459px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170714_141343184-816x459.jpg
67KB, 816x459px
>>54332633
Like some creatures native to Cadia, the Sea Mouse wards off predators by announcing "I have a Chaos Devotion and I know how to use it".

Seriously, there's an actual species of seafloor worm that comes with Warpfire underlighting.
>>
>>54331186
>>54331193
>>54331204
>If Imperial Fists weren't so mindlessly obedient, Perty would be dead, leveling the playing field slightly for the loyalist Primarchs and depriving the Warmaster of his siege specialist before Terra
>If Rogal Dorn had included more detailed instructions in his orders, or even just forseen that the force he was ordering might be actively engaged when it recieved the orders, his legion would have much greater manpower for the siege of Terra, and the Iron Warriors much less.

Fucking jobbing IFs!!
>>
File: 1484497942030.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1484497942030.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>54332654
I mean, Veletarii aren't DAoT....but they exist.
>>54332656
That's just a stingy worm, anon!
>>
>>54332696
T-that's false! What's the book with the battle of Phall? The BL one, not HH3.
Because people like to say "OMG Perty was going to get killed1!!" but forget Polux sent a nobody to board Perty's ship and he killed that termie fist with his bare hands. Because he didn't use Forgebreaker just yet and his hands are S8 in his deployment zone.
>>
>>54332768
I like to imagine Perturabo raging and roaring on the bridge of the Iron Blood, throttling his own crew to death as it burns around him, shuddering and shaking to the repeated strikes of incoming capital-ship class firepower that're blowing it apart...all the while yelling REEEEEE it's not fair fucking norrrrmiiiiiees!!!
>>
>>54332752
No sting involved, those are just chitin bristles. It's a sediment feeder, anyway, we were fairly lucky to find one. It's actually rather soft and cuddly, and it's not bright enough to be scared of people. I kinda wish I was good enough with greenstuff to make a larger one from one of the FW Necron worms, use it as a Homonculex.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aphrodita

Also saw a crab get rushed by a swarm of smaller ones and lose a claw, so apparently two Primarchs have crab counterparts now. Aside from getting absolutely soaked by a storm earlier this trip is giving me all kinds of ideas for conversions.
>>
>>54332768
The nobody and his men Polux sent were supposed to be reinforced with even more termie, but Polux got the message after they had already teleported on the Iron Blood.
>>
>>54332752
If the heads were easier to replace, I'd buy them in a second.
>>
>>54332768
Pretty sure they could have just shot the Iron Blood out from under Perty even if they'd been unable to kill him in a boarding action.

Frankly, trying to kill a Primarch mano a mano is dumb, just send the troops to the engine room and strap meltabombs onto anything that looks volatile.
>>
File: Auxiliary_6633rd_SA_Cohort.jpg (62KB, 627x806px) Image search: [Google]
Auxiliary_6633rd_SA_Cohort.jpg
62KB, 627x806px
>>54332752
Man I want a Solar Auxilia army so much but it's just riduclously expensive to collect. I wish some of the HH books would focus on something other than muhreens for once too, I get they're the star the series revolves around but a SA book from Abnett akin to his Sabbat Worlds books would be a welcome change of pace.

I'd like to read about regular people living through the Heresy, not just always it's main players, like a ship captain fighting the void war, Imperial Army trying to hold off Legionaries or Titan crews. The little glimpses of the mortals are always my favourite parts of the novels.
>>
>>54319883
The whole point of he Sturmtiger was that it could roll up close to a bunker or other heavily fortified position, shrugging off hits with that 100mm sloping armour and then blast the hell out of the target with its rocket propelled shell.
In the early part of the war this would have been a good thing for the Krauts to have. When it was developed and pu into production it was just a white elephant. The Krauts were on the defensive and neither the Allies or the Soviets were bothering to build fortifications because they were too busy stomping the wehrmacht into the dust.
>>
>>54325234
hello Dantioch
>>
>>54328823
They are possessed, but I presume a little weaker than the original and first batch WB Gal Vorbak.

The Luperci was forced possession, not by choice like the WE. IIRC.
>>
Did Dorn actually kill Alpharius or was it a ruse? Was Alpharius the loyalist twin and Omegan the traitor?
>>
>>54333027
Luperci are corpses I thought.
>>
>>54333051
well they did confirm from BL that Alpharius died to Dorn, Omegon was still alive though, and in a way, he seems to be the more loyal one.
>>
>>54333096
Really? I got the impression he was less loyal, the darker of the two twins. I might need to re-read some of the books, it's been a while, I guess I'm remembering increased sneaky-beakyness for actual malice.
>>
>>54333079
Corpses would rot. They were comatose legionnaires
>>
>>54333137
Alpharius is the darker. Omegon is shown to be saddened by civilian collateral, while Alpharius doesn't give a shit.
>>
>>54333138
Permanent vegetables can't consent/decline.
>>
>>54333172
I know, just wanted to add a note on possessions
>>
>>54333138
>Trigger Susan membrane to survive combat injuries in loyal service to your legion
>Wake up to discover your brothers have permenantly bound you to a malevolent entity from another dimension, that will completely control your body, spend every moment tormenting you in horrific ways for shits and giggles, and will drag your soul screaming into the abyss to be a plaything for sadistic gods if your mortal shell is destroyed

Why are traitors such dicks?
>>
>>54333137
>I guess I'm remembering increased sneaky-beakyness for actual malice.
Omegon led the Ifriti, ie. the Super-Stealth Marines, but he's the one sabotaging Alpharius' plans in Legion, allowing the White Scars and their Primarch to re-enter the fray.
>>
Best audio books for painting
Already got the lightning tower and angel exterminatus
>>
>>54329347
One has curzefag, the other has AWG and the admin's wife, who then posts in the general rather than DM her husband miscellaneous things like what food she's eating
One is /hhg with minor channels for other GW games whilst the other branched out into anything the owner was playing
One was founded when it looked like 4chan or /tg at least was going to be killed, the other was founded by a disgruntled mod after he had his mod powers taken away for not turning up to the podcast numerous times after promising numerous times and then making no contact for days
Really hard to see which one should be called the /hhg discord
>>
>>54333753
Who is AWG? Another girl?
>>
>>54333948
AngryWhiteGuy
Neopgan neckbeard,check the archive to see him divide thread and his mk7 SW
>>
>>54333948
>angrywhiteguy

Fucking hell, I had forgotten his shittery.
>>
File: AngryWhiteGuy.jpg (42KB, 342x404px) Image search: [Google]
AngryWhiteGuy.jpg
42KB, 342x404px
>>54333948
Knew this would come in handy.
>>
>>54329347
the community never existed... its the culmination of deluded snowflakes thinking they're elitist when in reality they're just autistic weirdos turned up to 11
>>
>>54333172
Stop heresy rape today.
>>
>>54334215
Beaversor?
>>
>>54333753
Butthurt owner of the first discord detected.

How is your namefag worship and femarch fanfiction going, faggot?
>>
>>54332941
You should check out Liar's Due from Age of Darkness, and The Final Compliance of Sixty-Three Fourteen from Eye of Terra.
>>
>>54333662
The Glorius Tomb
Parting of the Ways
The First Prince
The Labyrinth of Sorrows
Templar
Phoenician
Lord of the Red Sands
Kharn, Eater of Worlds
Warmaster
Hunter's Moon
Howl of the Hearthworld
Brotherhood of the Moon
>>
>>54332941
>>54335909
Also
All That Remains
Death of a Silversmith
The Last Remembrancer
Outcast Dead and Nemesis are not regular Joes, but are non-marines
Gunsight is sequel to Nemesis
>>
>>54335863
Al is not respected and I have actually lost respect for him
Curzefag and Al are the only ones doing femarch
'>95 custodes here' doesn't have to mention that every time so is less ridiculed
But yeah discord was a mistake, should have seen it after the podcast fell through, although I had no idea about this second discord until a month ago and see it as cancer within a cancer. And yeah do prefer anonymity far more than namefagging.
In conclusion, I'd say people just left after inferno failed to live up to any hype, and because people left it became a self fulfilling prophecy of deadness
>>
>>54336273
>My passive aggressive shitpost comment received a thoughful, reflexive answer instead of the bile I aimed to provoke.

Shit, I guess things really are bad.
>>
I like gray armour. I like the heady optimism of the Unification and the early days of the Great Crusade, the Mk.II armour and Choom weaponry. So why not.
I'm adding to the list of my projects getting 18 or 20 Mk.II guys and appropriate equipment and doing them in their early colours.
As far as we know, there were some deviations in colours from early on, 1st Legion being black while 3rd wore platinum and 14th storm gray. Were there any other non-gray marines before the primarchs happened?
>>
>>54331186
>>54331193
>>54331204
It's pretty impressive that Horus got as far as he did when his forces were made up almost entirely of retards and incompetents.
>>
File: XV_Legion_Legionary.jpg (168KB, 400x575px) Image search: [Google]
XV_Legion_Legionary.jpg
168KB, 400x575px
>>54336649
The Thousand Sons got a wacky paint scheme
>>
File: Dusk_Raiders_Marine.jpg (192KB, 377x571px) Image search: [Google]
Dusk_Raiders_Marine.jpg
192KB, 377x571px
>>54336649
DG
>>
File: Warhound_scheme.jpg (209KB, 400x614px) Image search: [Google]
Warhound_scheme.jpg
209KB, 400x614px
>>54336896
WE
>>
>>54336882
>>54336896
>>54336915
Thanks, I've read the FW books cover to cover, and I'm aware of all these schemes, but I was wondering if there were any schemes before these divergences became the norm. I know for example that Luna Wolves got their name after the conquest of Luna, and the 3rd legion got their heraldry after the Proximan betrayal, which was probably also early on due to Proxima Centauri being close to Terra.
>>
>>54336994
I have no idea, I doubt it. Just unpainted ceramite I presume.
>>
>>54337046
Well the 18th had green ceramite and used the Saturnine Ram for heraldry, while Imperial Heralds wore grey but engraved armour, with the (in)famous burning book icon.
>>
>>54336537
Most of the people who banter or fall for bait stopped posting, it's only the boring fucks left m8.
>>
>>54336994
>Proximan Betrayal
>planet submits to compliance
>some rebels attack the Emperor
>the Emperor orders Exterminatus on the whole world
wtf I hate the Emperor now
>>
Does anyone know what the short story in which a chaos Schmuck from some backwater world manages to spear a space marine and gets elevated into a legion is called?
>>
File: Never Laugh at the 4 Winds.png (393KB, 1075x405px) Image search: [Google]
Never Laugh at the 4 Winds.png
393KB, 1075x405px
>>54337926
Doesn't have a name, it was just a short bit from the 3.5 CSM Codex.
>>
>>54332516
Is that the DG missilenought?
>>
>>54338073
It is
>>
File: IMG_3533.jpg (24KB, 148x150px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3533.jpg
24KB, 148x150px
>>54336915
WUZ
>>
File: 800px-Happy_angron.jpg (64KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Happy_angron.jpg
64KB, 800x530px
>>54338269
HAPPY
>>
>>54338269
privet, tovarisch who brings archeo-memes
>>
>>54338334
So what's the broken angel from the bible Angron's new character was clearly stolen from
>>
File: Ireton Ma-fuck-traitors!-Sade.png (436KB, 353x824px) Image search: [Google]
Ireton Ma-fuck-traitors!-Sade.png
436KB, 353x824px
>>54332839
>Also saw a crab get rushed by a swarm of smaller ones and lose a claw, so apparently two Primarchs have crab counterparts now.
Besides Dorn, who would the other Crabmarch be?
Also, yeah crustaceans a best. I like to eat them more for taking them appart than for the actual taste
>>54332898
This makes sense, but Polux' ships simply lacked enough dakka to do so, especially after the flagship Yonnad was in was killed by the warp. Especially against the Iron Blood, which was so armoured it barely even had windows at all.
And the rules for zones mortalis tell us blowing up the engines doesn't kill the ship; it merely prevents it from escaping.
>>54332941
>I'd like to read about regular people living through the Heresy, not just always it's main players, like a ship captain fighting the void war
Extra point for the Solar Auxilia, they do have such a character. Retired badass with artificer trenchcoat Ireton MaSade.
Give loyal Reductor stories :DD1!
>>54336273
Heeeey! I drew ONE non-lewd fully-sized fully-armoured Femtarion, and only because there's no consumer-tier Femtarion. And I don't namefag anymore
>>
>>54336814
He was that good. If you're able to at least use legit insane people like Fulgrim, Curze and Angron, then you're damn good. They say a bad workman blames his tools, but you won't see a blacksmith trying to make a sword using a stick instead of a hammer.
>>
>>54339281
You used a trip and name but didn't fag
>>
File: Early Fist.png (1MB, 895x796px) Image search: [Google]
Early Fist.png
1MB, 895x796px
>>54336994
>I was wondering if there were any schemes before these divergences became the norm
Like this? KA pattern :^)
>>
>>54319360
Same shitty ghetto meme reaction image every fucking time, mr..assblasted eldar hater, what is thy reasoning for such hatred against the pre-Guillimanning marines, or are you just a spastic 12 year old with a bad case of trolling videos?
>>
>>54339343
Ask him for nudes already
>>
>>54339281
Crab Horus, of course, he even has the insignia. That orange blotch on the carapace is actually a pretty good Eye of Horus up close.

>>54332633

They're not usually my field, but since we didn't need all our people for taking routine transects of some Scottish beaches we drew lots and a few of us just went rockpooling. When you have proper field work equipment you can get a whole bunch of stuff. No idea why the hell there was a living Sea Mouse, though, they normally either wash up in groups dead or stay on the seafloor.
>>
>>54338154
I miss regular DG progress updates
>>
File: Diluvion_Clip_YamatoCrab.gif (4MB, 751x514px) Image search: [Google]
Diluvion_Clip_YamatoCrab.gif
4MB, 751x514px
>>54339478
>Horus Lupercrab, Crabmaster of Chaos, wielding the Crabmaster's Pincer.
>First Crabtain Ezekyle Crabaddon
>Master of the Justaeshrimp clad Crabaphractii armour
It checks out. Pic related is the new Vengeful Spirit.
>>54339433
L-lewd.
>>
>>54329347
so the discords became the very game we play
we have come full circle
>>
>>54329347
>>54339705
More meta than the adventures of Baron Trump
>>
>>54339654
The Karkinos Heresy. It's already the best Alternate Heresy out there AND comes with the most animated miniatures in the world!

Sadly Lupercrab will be released again tomorrow, but if a massive armada of green crabs swarm up the beaches of Scotland in a couple months it's not my fault, honest. Maybe the strange augmented Hermits of Mars will hold him back.
>>
>>54340072
Link to karnikos heresy
>>
>>54340263
Karkinos is a (crab-like) Greek monster, not unlike Ketos (the whale) or the Hydra
>The creation of the constellation is explained in Greek mythology by the short-lived association of the crab Karkinos with one of the Twelve Labors of Hercules, in which Hercules battled the multi-headed Lernaean Hydra. Hera had sent Karkinos to distract Hercules and put him at a disadvantage during the battle, but Hercules quickly dispatched the crab by kicking it with such force that it was propelled into the sky. Other accounts had Karkinos grabbing onto Hercules' toe with its claws, but Hercules simply crushed the crab under his foot. Hera, grateful for Karkinos's effort, gave it a place in the sky.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cancer_(constellation)
>>54340072
Karkinos heresy best heresy. Hermit Crabs a cute. Most things with pincers a cute.
>>
>>54333753
>Really hard to see which one should be called the /hhg discord
Neither
>>
File: co6ct2ditl9z.jpg (107KB, 800x960px) Image search: [Google]
co6ct2ditl9z.jpg
107KB, 800x960px
Alright /hhg/, I need every variation of "choose your legion"/"The Space Marine Legions" image you have. Go. Pic related.
>>
File: 1474151732629.jpg (1MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1474151732629.jpg
1MB, 1500x1500px
>>54341001
>>
File: love live marines.jpg (620KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
love live marines.jpg
620KB, 1500x1500px
>>54341001
>>
>>54340352
Wait, there's a myth when Hera was actually somewhat chill and kind? In all the others I've read she comes off a bit of a massive bitch, although I suppose she has the right to given Zeus is a tad rapey and sleeps around lot. Still, throwing Hephaestus off a mountain was not cool, lady.

Karkinos Machine made by mad Genetor when? It could fight Corax or something.
>>
>>54341299
>Wait, there's a myth when Hera was actually somewhat chill and kind?
She dispatched a crab to kill Hercules out of petty spite. That's like the opposite of chill and kind.

>although I suppose she has the right to given Zeus is a tad rapey and sleeps around lot
She'd have the right to be bitchey towards Zeus but instead she takes out her anger on innocent people. Hera is an irredeemable cunt.
>>
>>54341475
What can she do directly against Zeus? He's the king of the gods, literally "get cucked yo". So she takes revenge on his lovers. Aaaaall of them.
>>
>>54341613
>takes revenge on his lovers
Plus the infant children and grandchildren of Zeus's lovers. Hera may be the most wicked of the Olympians.
>>
>>54338061
Thank you so much!
>>
>>54341903
>Plus the infant children and grandchildren of Zeus's lovers.
The accursed spawn of Zeus' treachery, whose crime is being alive, yes. Kinda feels justified to me.
You see, if you can't hurt Zeus directly, then have your vengeance on his lovers. If there are surviving children product of that forbidden love, then it's just a matter of tying up loose ends, you see. It *is* personal, but it still makes sense.
>>
>>54342217
>Kinda feels justified to me.
It looks like Curzefag now has some competition for "biggest edgelord in /hhg/".
>>
>>54342286
I-it's not edge! It's just the concept of vengeance. The whole "there hath no fury like a woman scorned". Well that's Hera.
>>
>>54341299
>Still, throwing Hephaestus off a mountain was not cool, lady.
I thought Zeus was the one to throw him off the mountain?
>>
>>54342310
>hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
ftfy
>>
File: k4vLuy1.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
k4vLuy1.gif
3MB, 200x150px
>>54342310
>>54344617
>hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
>>
>>54344736
>First written as "Heav'n has no Rage, like Love to Hatred turn'd, Nor Hell a Fury, like a Woman scorn'd." in the 1697 play The Mourning Bride (Act III Scene 2) by William Congreve
>>
>>54344787
>Made famous in present times as eloquently stated by Tyrese Abraham-Washington DaJones III: "Damn, my last bitch be hella cray cray."
>>
This is a high quality general.
>>
>>54345154
Nigger, this is hardly a general anymore.
>>
>‘If you would praise the architect of Malan’tai’s deliverance, then remember he who gave his life most selflessly to defend it. He martyred himself so that we – so that I – might live to fight on against the daemon-spawn.’

>The seer nodded.

>‘So shall it be. This warrior shall be noted in the annals of my people.’

>Pelenas replaced his helm with a snap-hiss of pressurisation, and made to leave with his battle-brothers. ‘Then always remember the name of Anval Thawn.’

>The eldar’s eyes widened, almost imperceptibly, and he faltered for a moment before glancing at his fellow seers. Pelenas caught a flicker of alarm in the creature’s aura, before it was swallowed once more in a careful projection of calm indifference, and his alien features broke in a forced simulacrum of a smile.

>‘So shall it be.’

>The spiritseer’s haste was evident. Returned to his own craftworld and with the waystones of Malan’tai restored to the infinity circuit, he now made for the farseer enclave.

>He alone had been made emissary for the council. The message that he bore was simple, but filled with grave import. They would need to know.

>‘The mon-keigh have rediscovered the last Perpetual – Anval Thawn has ascended to the ranks of the Grey Knights. I await your guidance.’

-"Ghost Halls" by Laurie Goulding

Last Perpetual...what does this mean? What will happen to the known Perpetuals in the HH? Please Alivia Sureka can't die!
>>
>>54345923
It's almost definite that Oll will die by Horus' hand.
Grammaticus is on his last life.
Sureka's headed to Terra, I guess the Emperor will BTFO her.
>>
>>54345923
If there's only one left in M41, that still gives the HH Perpetuals (including Vulkan) ten thousand years to get themselves perma-killed. But it's a surprise to learn that there might be a last one. Thanks for finding that story and picking up on that hint.

Wasn't Malan'tai destroyed by Tyranids though?

And now I wonder if the Perpetuals have a more direct connection to the Emperor - why else would they disappear around the same time He gets sorta-killed?
>>
>>54346467
>Wasn't Malan'tai destroyed by Tyranids though?
It was, but another battle was fought for the ruins between a Slaaneshi host and the Grey Knights when the former arrived to scavenge the soulstones and the Grey Knights intervened.
>>
File: 1471542162370.jpg (281KB, 500x930px) Image search: [Google]
1471542162370.jpg
281KB, 500x930px
>>54345923
I hope Matt Damon dies
>>
I'm so tempted to make a small allied force of Mechanicum to my main army, robots are so cool.

Have anyone done the same? Whats in your Mechanicum allied force?

I play IW by the way.
>>
>>54346921
Sadly, Iron Circle and the Domitar you posted are not great, rules-wise. But that's okay; IW are pretty strong you can be a little points-inefficient with a few units. I don't think any of the other robots are bad for the points (though some weapon options may be).

I haven't done it but it sounds like fun.
>>
>>54346977
Yeah, I don't really mind if Domitars are not the best of the best, I still want to field one in higher point games, they are just impressive look wise and I like them.

I'll get some Castellax first and some thralls, and build it from there. Maybe some Myrmidons.

How do I equip a Castellax? I'm thinking multi melta for anti tank and power blades, since the model already comes with that.
>>
>>54346921
Do we know who painted the FW display domitar in your pic? Has he done a tutorial or posted the recipe online? It looks great.
>>
>>54347133
Yeah, good rust effects on the gray and black, and patina on the brass.
>>
>>54345923
>>54346019
Who is Sureka
Who is naval thorn
>>
>>54349198
>Sureka
Perpetual, set by Emps to guard chaos portal on Molech; fails and is killed by Horus but manages to escape and link up with Knights Errant
>Thrawn

Perpetual (was in previous editions, not sure if still is) Grey Knight
>>
So what was the issue with Inferno? I've been waiting for them to reach Prospero so I could start some pre-Heresy Thousand Sons, and I don't want to shell out hundreds of dollars for a book that's shite.
>>
>>54349848
Was delayed for 4 years, didn't live up to the hype, Magnus OP af
>>
>>54349848
Cuskstodes.
>>
File: 1500210223286.jpg (313KB, 1396x1953px) Image search: [Google]
1500210223286.jpg
313KB, 1396x1953px
Has anyone noticed this bit of Primarch fluff hidden in the new SM codex releases? Apparently their "bigger and stronger than Marines" thing is mostly down to this one "amplifier Organ". So I guess the warp bullshit is not the main reason there, which means that I can murder them gloriously with Ursarax without the "not possible because Demigod fuck you he lived" thing my friends like to pull whenever one of their Numbered Mistakes takes a Power Fist or Grav Imp to the face.

Also, during the upbringing of the Primarchs on civilised worlds like Ultramar or Olympia nobody scanned a Primarch and went "holy shit you have a bunch of extra organs?" Seems like the kinda thing that would make the news.
>>
>>54349957
>Apparently their "bigger and stronger than Marines" thing is mostly down to this one "Macguffin Organ".
FTFY.

But I do fully endorse primarch murder with Ursarax.
>>
>>54349957
>here are organs that enhance your other organs
>now here are some organs that enhance those new organs, so you can enhance those enhancers
>Magos Xbitius.jpg

Are GW serious with this shite?
>>
>>54319360
>Thinking primaries marines are good.
>>
>>54349957
Primaris, not Primarchs dude. different things.
>>
>>54350067
Nigga try reading the goddamn image before being a smartass
>>
>>54349957
Do primarchs have gene-seeds? I thought they were engineered and grown as test tube babies, not converted from existing people.

>>54350018
Gene-seeds working off from one another has been the fluff for ages.
>>
>>54350016
Well, it's not quite a McGuffin since it does stuff and doesn't really drive any plots, but I get your point. It's Geedubs fluff, what do you expect? Anything that makes the Primarchs less bullshit gets my vote, although they could easily have done this WAY less clumsily.

>>54350018

Some organs do do that kind of thing, biology is complicated. Seems a very Mechanicus way to do it - optimise what is there, don't add more. Hence enhancing muscles and organs and an improved Last Stand Mode, rather than a bunch of entirely new tricks aside from the Second Wind Gland.

>>54350067

Read the description of the second organ, it's part of the enhancements the Primarchs were given.
>>
>>54350110
Fucked if I know, it only says they had that organ somehow.
>>
>>54350110
They don't have gene seed but they do have the SM organs (two hearts, multi lung etc.)
>>
>>54350138
If they don't have gene-seed, how are marines made from them? The Emperor's Children were dying off and were down to 200 men before they found Fulgrim which somehow let them create a bunch of new marines.
>>
>>54350243
Where do GK gene-seeds come from?
>>
It's described in the books; getting genetic material from the primarch helps them stabilize the geneseed, which is why recruitment increases once they pick up the primarchs.

>>54350281
From the geneseed emps gave to Corax
>>
>>54350347
Meant for
>>54350243
>>
>>54350347
>From the geneseed emps gave to Corax

[citation needed]
>>
>>54350381
Deliverance Lost.

Now scram
>>
>>54350402
And GK codex says the Emperor made them their gene-seeds specifically. So there was no primarch from where the gene-seeds came from.
>>
>>54350480
Yes, correct.

It isn't geneseed from Corax, it's geneseed given to Corax.

Get it now?
>>
>>54350115
>Read the description of the second organ,
Kinda hard when the image header is the only thing that hasn't been jpeg'd to shit.
>>
>>54350534
Nobody likes a whiner, anon. It ain't that hard
>>
>>54350510
Yes, now that you explained it more clearly, because the first statement, combined with the context of whether or not primarchs have gene-seeds, made it sound like it was the gene-seeds the Emperor gave to Corax. Like put them into him. Not that he had a bag of organs and told him to hold onto them.

Also, why does the Emperor have GK organs at the outset of the Heresy? Nevermind, it's BL HH, shit's whack, yo.

But to get to the point, as GK gene-seeds don't have a primarch from which they came, why do other gene-seeds need a primarch to exist?

>>54350347
Wasn't the stabilization more to do with the accelerated growth? Didn't one of the books say they could raise a fully grown Marine in a year this way. And GW sources about the creation of a Marine says that the growth can be accelerated in times of need, but runs its own risks.
>>
File: Catachan Devil.png (303KB, 242x510px) Image search: [Google]
Catachan Devil.png
303KB, 242x510px
>>54346517
Yes, but didn't the Tyranid Zooanthrope "Doom of Malan'tai" destroy it in M36, and the Grey Knights were founded in the Scouring? As in, when is all this happening? Tyranids aren't even here.
...that we know of.
>>
>>54350643
Because GKs are closer to Custodes tier than SM mass produced stuff.
>>
>>54350714
What exactly is your answer to?
>>
>>54350653
>the Grey Knights were founded in the Scouring

The GK were started by the Emperor during the Heresy and they were in training during the Siege, on Titan which was hidden with sorcery. They emerged after the Heresy and were listed on the 2nd founding roster (conducted 7 years after HH).
>>
>>54350803
Why the emperor has GK organs
>>
>>54350803
>But to get to the point, as GK gene-seeds don't have a primarch from which they came, why do other gene-seeds need a primarch to exist

My answer is that the process of getting a GK is different than getting a SM
>>
>>54350832
In his possession or in his body?

>>54350837
So because GK need to be psykers and go through anti-daemon training, their gene-seeds could be manifested out of thin air while all the regular marine gene-seeds needed a primarch to harvest them from?
>>
File: Zim Dark Harvest.jpg (40KB, 834x438px) Image search: [Google]
Zim Dark Harvest.jpg
40KB, 834x438px
>>54349957
>Also, during the upbringing of the Primarchs on civilised worlds like Ultramar or Olympia nobody scanned a Primarch and went "holy shit you have a bunch of extra organs?" Seems like the kinda thing that would make the news.
Don't you know how health class goes? More organs = healthier.
Also
>Steel-lined muscles for Extra Strenght
Still Str4
>Bigger, tougher bones with muscles to match
Still T4, a full extra foot in height gives you +1W instead of also +1T&S like Custodes, who are made through alchemy instead of biotech
>Stimpack gland
Still I4, regular space marines can still attack after being killed while neart an Ancient's banner, no gland needed.

>>54350110
I thought their genome made them develop those organs NATURALLY instead of having to get them implanted. As in, marine creation is surgery to get you similar to what a primarch naturally develops on his own. All those organs were developed after them, after all.
But I also thought they didn't have a geneseed capsule. Unless that's the name they give to their balls.
>>54350131
Apparently this cleverly named "GOD MAKER" organ is the organ of BIGNESS, a sort of second Pituitary that removes the limit of how much a man can grow whilst at the same time preventing the problems that come with true gigantism.
I thought Primarch flesh was special, woven using the secrets of the warp and whatnot...but most of it comes down to this "I have one more organ than you" thing.
>>54350347
>getting genetic material from the primarch helps them stabilize the geneseed
I thought that meant "taking some of their blood" and stuff like that, not "keep licking until you get to the Tutsimarch center".
>>
>>54350890
Well no, GK still need to be implanted with the organs, they just don't need to rely on progenoids to produce them (which is why they don't suffer from mutations)

And the reason they don't have a primarch is because Emps skipped him and directly made them
>>
>>54350643
>GK gene-seeds don't have a primarch from which they came
>why does the Emperor have GK organs at the outset of the Heresy?
Don't some sources say their progenitor is probably the Emperor himself? Not to mention:
>A
The organ responsible for witchery is your brain. It just happens.
>B
There is already a legion of psykers; it's the Thousand Sons. And the Imperials do have in their possession that TS+Magnus' Shard thing.
>C
Isn't the meme here the TS descendant chapter is actually the Grey Knights (with the flaw fixed), the Blood Ravens being the poorfag regular marine version?
>>
>>54350980
Nah GK have their own geneseed, one of the founders was a DA and he says that his geneseed was taken out and replaced with GK's
>>
>>54351018
Whaaaat
If you're a full grown marine, this means they replaced 19 organs one by one. Also replaced by full grown organs instead.
>>
>>54351053
Yep.

Malcador and Emps' got those top surgeons
>>
>>54349848
proofreading
>>
>>54350927
>...but most of it comes down to this "I have one more organ than you" thing.

Science! bitches. Personally, I always hated the "Primarchs are magical warp bullshit" explanation, it made very little sense that the Marines were complicated engineering masterpieces and Primarchs were mystical nonsense that somehow interlock perfectly with the geneseed process. This at least makes a BIT more sense IMO.
>>
>>54351228
Primarchs are also complicated engineering masterpieces, only warp-infused.

Plus, science doesn't explain Lion's sixth sense, Curze's visions, Russ' psychic howl or Corax's wraithslip
>>
File: Unification_Wars_Infantry.jpg (378KB, 1200x1041px) Image search: [Google]
Unification_Wars_Infantry.jpg
378KB, 1200x1041px
Which books(Preferably of the black books) have the most lore of the Unification Wars and Old Night? I want more lore that Black Library hasn't done as much to.
>>
>>54351409
>>54351228
Fulgrim says that are are no real differences between daemons and primarchs.
>>
>>54351637
That's an Enforcer from Necromunda anon, Local version of the Arbites. It even SAYS "Enforcer" on the damn image. The Cybermastiff should have been a bit of a clue for you too...
>>
>>54351637
>Enforcer
>Handcuffs, shotgun, maul, revolver, knife
>And cyberdoggo
Did GW combine this guy with Dredd to make the Arbites?
>>
>>54351712
>>54351718
Shit.
He came up when I looked for Techno Barbarians, he fit the style.
>>
>>54351665
>no real differences
>except that primarchs can stay in the universe indefinitely

Really makes you think
>>
>>54351665
>Fulgrim
In concept, at best. It's like saying "there are no real differences between Primarchs and the Beast's Clan Leaders". Again, in concept.
And even then, there are many more Daemon Princes than Primarchs, and some of them don't even have a daemonic legion. Conservation of Ninjutsu applies.
I suppose Daemon Primarchs are a step above than most Daemon Princes, and on the same sphere as Ka'Bhanda, Fateweaver and the like?
>Daemons and Orks have 'marchs.
Taumarchs when? :^^)
>>
File: Blanche Tau.jpg (494KB, 1126x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Blanche Tau.jpg
494KB, 1126x1600px
>>54351761
Anything by Blanche looks technobarbarian, though. He can make a Tau interesting by making him look technobarbarian, see.
>>
File: By your powers combined!.png (782KB, 677x901px) Image search: [Google]
By your powers combined!.png
782KB, 677x901px
>>54351797
Daemon Princes can stay longer than other daemons in the material realm.

Also if the Primarchs are wholly material, then explain how Russ managed to shatter Magnus's body and soul into many shards. Each with its own mind and goals.
>>
>>54351836
Magnus is a biomancer and doesn't actually exist r, that's why he's so big and red
>>
>>54351836
Because Russ is a psyker as well, remember that howl which killed psykers?
>>
>>54351836
>explain how Russ managed to shatter Magnus's body and soul into many shards.
Russ didnt do that Magnus did.
>>
>>54351867
Explain thyself.
>>
>>54351878
Magnus becomes emo when all shards are united
>>
>>54351836
>then explain how Russ managed to shatter Magnus's body and soul into many shards.
We are also presented with Magnus being broken by the Emperor's decision of Nikea. The frailty was on witch-Magnus, the fucker's soul was as frail as one of those brittle-boned children
>>
>>54351878
Magnus gave into Tzeentch demands in return for the power to save his legion and what remained of Tizca. This spell caused enough stress that Magnus's psyche was shattered, and sent his shard to the areas that were most important to his life.
Russ just forced him to make this decision.
>>
>>54351718
Did you ever see the FIRST Arbites models GW produced? Big chest-badges. That's all I'm saying here.
>>
>>54351954
Awwww that makes sense.
>>
>>54351409
Yeah, of course, but it makes a bit more sense. Honestly I'd kinda like it if one of the Lost Primarchs was brought down by "mundane"weapons, though, just to stop the writers having them as magical plot device bullshitometers. They just remove all drama from a story with their mere presence because you just know the writers won't kill off, injure or even lightly inconvenience any of their Franchise Pets or their damned kids.
I don't mind them being somewhat warpy, just when their vague as fuck abilities lead all the Legion players and writers to justify stupid feats like punching out Titans.
>>
>>54351987
I mean, three primarchs all died to blades.
>>
>>54351987
>you just know the writers won't kill off, injure or even lightly inconvenience any of their Franchise Pets
I kinda didn't expect Curze to get impaled, paralyzed, comatose, bound in chains and all that stuff. The only thing I knew happened to him was the whole M'Shen thing.
But agreed, they should keep their exploits in check. I just feel the incident with the Titan was to answer the question: "why don't they use titans against them and be done with it?".
>>
>>54352082
That's the problem, they can't die so they survive shit that would even in 40k kill a marine
>>
>>54351987
>you just know the writers won't kill off, injure or even lightly inconvenience any of their Franchise Pets
I didnt expect Magnus to be turn into pokemon with my TSons having to play catch'em all twice over.
>>
File: 1478633581340.jpg (274KB, 1324x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1478633581340.jpg
274KB, 1324x1000px
>>54351987
>>
My Telemon seems kinda oversized for a 100mm base... Should I order an 80mm or would that be modelling for advantage?
>>
File: IMG_3545.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3545.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Today's update
>did shitty hazards over and over again and can't be bothered to try again unless I get masking tape
>washed eyes
>applied leadbelcher to certain areas of the dread where primer is thin, accidentally doing that affect on the knee
>>
>>54352573
The guy on the left is good, at least.
>>
>>54352202
That's like saying "only an immortal may kill another immortal", which is the same tier as "only a werewolf may kill Dracula". And this is coming from the guy who legit got killed by a swarm of chaos space marines :^)
But Magnus also ate a lascannon to the face and lived to tell the tale.
Just say they're Warp Wolverines or something, somehow Marvel ends up making MORE sense.
>>
>>54352202
That's a kill by another Primarch and they had a spare anyway. It's fairly obvious it was to shock everyone with "lol character death" without having to actually have any consequences.
>>54352069

Again, swung by other Primarchs because the Heresy is apparently a sodding Wrestling league now. Apart from Curze, but that was as close to suicide as reasonably possible.

>>54352155

Yep. Like being shot in the face with a Titan, for one. >>54352082 is right, any actual threat to them they're going to punch out offscreen. I kind of want some Primarch like maybe Dorn or the Khan to try and intervene on Mars and get their shit pushed in by Kelbor or Scoria or something swarming them with daemonic beepboops, because at the moment I would not be surprised if they wrote the Emperor personally teleporting to Mars and razing the entire planet instantly because reasons, or Guilliman crushing the Synod to restore order or something.
>>
File: Horus Awakens.png (291KB, 480x323px) Image search: [Google]
Horus Awakens.png
291KB, 480x323px
>>54352825
>I kind of want some Primarch like maybe Dorn or the Khan to try and intervene on Mars and get their shit pushed in by Kelbor or Scoria or something swarming them with daemonic beepboops
But how would this be any different to those Primarch vs Primarch encounters you know won't kill anyone and will end up in a tie or with someone retreating? I mean, it kind of makes sense to run away to fight tomorrow instead of doing some stupid last stand, but still.
Although people simply don't like anything ever, to be fair
Besides, a Primarch can't lose unless there is also another Primarch in the opposition. Unless you're Perturabo, or maybe a traitor :^)
Ok, the corrected version:
>Loyalist Primarchs can't, and won't be defeated unless there is another Primarch in the opposing force...unless they're Dorn :^)
I really wish this wasn't true.
I really wish there could be evil people that aren't necessarily insane, spiky, bald, dress in red or black or have any of the stereotypical "Ugly as an indicator of Evil" thing.
Why can't evil Horus keep his White & Golden colours while battling the blood-covered fang-bearing six-limbed rad-dwelling but heroic Primarch of the 9th?
Why must evil vs bad must also be ugly vs handsome?
>>
File: The_Panoply_of_Wolves.png (659KB, 851x447px) Image search: [Google]
The_Panoply_of_Wolves.png
659KB, 851x447px
Looks like the wolfy bits were around back in M30 so I guess I'll combine a Space Wolves Pack box with the vanilla MkIII/IV.
I still hate the overwolf though so any advice is appreciated. For now, the best I can think of is to keep the wolf head etc. on weapons and armour in dull colours.
>>
>>54353244
Yeah, that wouldn't accomplish much unless they tore an arm off the Numbered Mistake in question or they sent a Daemon Primarch who could actually be dispatched for a bit, I'll admit.

You could use the Mechanicum to solve the Cartoon Villain problem, though. I haven't read Mechanicum yet, so I don't know how Kelbor Hal is presented, but could he or Draykavac or Scoria or even Satarael wear a body not horrific and behave with some class? I imagine Dray with a Victorian British officer's accent anyway, wouldn't be too hard to make them affably evil. They're seeking efficiency, after all, they're not NEEDLESSLY cruel even if they have no real scruples whatsoever. Scoria actually being one of those Grand Admiral Thrawn-type villains would explain how he could take power so easily after the Incursion, too, since they've seen how effective his tech was at defending them and it wouldn't be the first time a man with some imprisonment in his past has risen to high office.
>>
>>54353244
Fulgrim?
>>
>>54353662
That's what FW did, if you look at some of the models in Inferno. Plastic MkVII bits on MkIII and IV suits, including torsos. Don't remember seeing helmets.

I kept mine pretty clean. I liked old art where they were quite plain.
>>
File: Leman R Kennedy.png (220KB, 546x482px) Image search: [Google]
Leman R Kennedy.png
220KB, 546x482px
>>54353662
>The . V O I D W O L F
>>
>>54353712
Fulgrim was beautigul when he was a loyalist, but became insane when he was a traitor (which counts as being ugly on the inside), and ended up becoming a snek monster (and thus lacks buttcheeks).
See how, when he was good he was beautiful but when he was bad he was ugly?
>>
Hell, one of the few ugly loyalists was Based Ferrus, and he is killed at the very beginning.
>>
File: Space_Wolves_Legion_Heraldry.png (975KB, 887x723px) Image search: [Google]
Space_Wolves_Legion_Heraldry.png
975KB, 887x723px
>>54353758
>I kept mine pretty clean. I liked old art where they were quite plain.
Same here. If anything, I'll freehand the knotwork inb4 take the knot on armour but otherwise keep them pretty dark, any wolf icons, gems and other stuff painted in cold or pale colours.
>>54353759
I prefer them Wolves at their rawest, as nothing but beasts unleashed by the Emperor's will, although the memery in Inferno is quite funny.
>>
>>54352790
a human can't kill a monster
>>
>>54353662
As long as it's not mk7 and on it's fine
>>
>>54354033
Mk7 easily becomes MkV with some guitar wire, most torsos are MkV/VI anyway.
>>
>>54353712
after the possession he's not really handsome anymore.
>>
>>54354015
They very much can. A human downed an Astartes with a broken lance, a Titan nearly killed Angron and Lorgar, another injured Sanguinius severely and even Mortarion was disconcerted by a Predator plasma volley even if he kept on trucking. Hell, Vulkan was outright gibbed by a nuke, why aren't more superweapons like that used against Astartes landing forces and Primarchs? He only lived because he's a Perpetual, any other would have just been vapour.

Claiming your soldiers are immortal to anything that isn't some kind of arbitrary "supernatural" does not a good story make, I've found.
>>
>>54354167
You haven't watched hellsing have you
>>
help me fluff a loyal sons of horus army without them going back to being luna wolves
>>
>>54354468
They all came down with a case of diarrhoea just before they were to be sent down to the surface, and then overpowered the crew on their apothecary ship and travelled off in the opposite direction of the einstein
>>
>>54354294
Fair point, I haven't. Still, no reason Primarchs can't die to nuclear retaliation other than nobody apparently managed it.
>>
>>54354294
>You haven't watched weebery, have you?
Pfffff Hellsing? In there Anderson isn't the proof that humanity needs monsters to fight monsters, he's the proof that NOTHING BEATS ALUCARD.
Or, as we say in 30k, "why won't Loken die?".
Primarchs aren't dracula, anon.
>>
>>54354294
Is that the Chinese cartoon where the big twist is that alucard is actually Dracula?
>>
>>54355131
That was a twist? I thought that oriental tapestry was about longhaired spindly vampires and the japanese's assumption of catholics, with too few child molesting.
>>
>>54355131
Why do Japs think it's so fucking clever to reverse Dracula's name?
>>
>>54355131
nah, its not really a twist.
>>
>>54354645
>Still, no reason Primarchs can't die to nuclear retaliation other than nobody apparently managed it.
They could have done it plenty of times but everyone is dumb.
>traitor legion and their Primarch are in a fortified position on a literally who barren planet
>instead of blowing up the world they make planetfall to punch them instead 'cause they're like super angry :DDD!!!
>>
>>54350653

Pretty sure the Tyranids didn't even enter the galaxy until the 41st millenium.
>>
>>54356007

Just double checked. Yeah, tyranids didn't appear in the galaxy until 745 M41, so Malan'tai couldn't haven't been destroyed until at least 812 M.41
>>
>>54356045
I didn't know when Tyranids had entered, I thought it was a few milennia ago, but they are a "recent" problem. More recent than the Tau?
>>
>>54356100
>>54356045
>>54356007
Technically the signal that lures them is from the Heresy Era (the beacon at Sotha, a.k.a the Pharos), is what alerts the Tyranids to the presence of tasty morsels in our Galaxy.
>>
File: agamati.jpg (194KB, 1068x592px) Image search: [Google]
agamati.jpg
194KB, 1068x592px
>>54352573
>Today's update
Basecoated three and painted half an Agamatus.
I miss having more time for the hobby.
>>
>>54354645
>>54355080
>>54355131
My original post was a reference to that saying from the show, humans can kill monsters but they become monsters themselves, a more obvious example of executing a murderer
Also how did you not immedtially notice it was a twist
>>54355533
Why do bongs think it's so fucking clever to corrupt Margaret thatchers name?
>>
>>54356969
It's the summer how do you not have the time
Why are you basepainting them and not just spraying them
>>
>>54357586
>it's summer
This might shock you, but some people have to work even during summer.
>>
>>54357586
>It's the summer, how do you not have the time?
Honestly uncertain if clever bait, underage or just ignorant.
>>
>>54356007
Remember the Ymgarl genestealers?

It's implied that this isn't their first pass through the galaxy
>>
>>54357532
Because Meg the arch tartar takes some wit.

Japs would've made of teragram.

Also the twist is stupid because it's so obvious you expect it to be anything but.
>>
File: IMG_3550.jpg (64KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3550.jpg
64KB, 600x620px
>>54357671
>>54357726
What's your job and why aren't you seeing family more
>>54357764
>>
File: salamander.jpg (43KB, 800x555px) Image search: [Google]
salamander.jpg
43KB, 800x555px
Does anyone actually like these obnoxious moralfags?
>muh war isn't about math and numbers, it's about heart
Fuck off.
>>
>>54351987

Why is punching out Titans stupid?

What's more stupid to me is the notion that 18 soldiers can fight for over three hundred years without stopping, leading from the front, always where the fighting is the thickest, teleporting in to only the most dangerous of situations and fighting the deadliest champions from a thousand civilizations. To do this for 300 straight years, and not a SINGLE Primarch was ever killed in action, yet they somehow DON'T have the strength and durability to fight Titan's, tank lascannons to the face etc? Tha defies my suspension of disbelief far more. It's like expecting MacArthur to have fought on the frontlines of every engagement in the war and survive.

In a setting where a single tank can round can wipe out half a city, the Primarchs being comic book-tier Super heros is a necessity.
>>
>>54357959
Totally agreed
>>
>>54357959
A soldier can be in the front lines for years, in the thick of it, and come home without a scratch. A soldier cannot suplex a tank.

>Primarchs being comic book-tier Super heros is a necessity

No it's not. The fact that HH novels are basically written by people who drank the kool-aid, is part of the problem. Everyone grew up with all the legends and myths of the primarchs, so they must be true. It's the same reason Army can't be nothing more than 30k Guard, because it'd break that illusion people have created over the decades. It's the order of things. Like how every Hollywood hero has to have American values, no matter what era or country they're from. Otherwise people won't buy it.
>>
>>54357925
bUT MuH PuRE FlaMES, PhoSEPHEX bAD, wE gOOd!
>>
>>54357925
Yeah, I like them. And there needs to be some people that have hope in the Great Crusade, who want to build a better universe rather than just kill shit, in order to offset the darkness - see also Loken, Dorn, and Guilliman & the entire ultramarines legion.
>>
>>54357925
Painting guide for this? I like the green.
>>
>>54358148

>A soldier can be in the front lines for years, in the thick of it, and come home without a scratch

No soldier has ever fought on the frontlines, in the thickest combat, where a single handheld bomb can instantly disentegrate 6 city blocks, for three centuries either.

Name a single soldier in history that has fought on the frontlines of over 1,000 separate engagements.
>>
>>54358148
>A soldier can be in the front lines for years, in the thick of it, and come home without a scratch.
Not for 300 years and not with the type of ordinance that gets thrown around on the average 30k battlefield. If the Primarchs are going to be fighting on a regular basis there has to be a reason why a stray anti-matter laser didn't once blow them to pieces in hundreds of years.
>>
File: Triumph of the Will.png (515KB, 1021x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Triumph of the Will.png
515KB, 1021x1500px
>>54357532
>humans can kill monsters but they become monsters themselves
Entirely wrong.

>>54355533
The use of Alucard as a psuedonym for Dracula dates to 1943 and Universal Studios "Son of Dracula." Also I don't recall it being treated as a twist at all.
>>
>>54358295
Name a single primarch.
>>
>>54358354

I can name 18.

Also, not an argument.
>>
>>54358298
You have soldier who've served in combat in several wars.

Also, how about we don't put the primarchs to the front lines in every single engagement? How about we show them as generals who can defend themselves if needed? But that's require more thinking from the author than "big dumb man punch big dumb man."
>>
>>54358272
>And there needs to be some people that have hope in the Great Crusade, who want to build a better universe rather than just kill shit, in order to offset the darkness -
That's not for Astartes. Dorn put it well when he said "look for those that come after us". They're weapons. It's criminally irresponsible to throw away the lives of Space Marines for civilians when the galaxy is at stake. If Horus kills the Emperor and Chaos devours the universe it's not going to matter whether some city was spared destruction.

>see also Loken, Dorn, and Guilliman & the entire ultramarines legion
Dorn and Guilliman didn't let their squeamishness get in the way of doing their duty.
>>
File: 1490907362338.jpg (47KB, 621x502px) Image search: [Google]
1490907362338.jpg
47KB, 621x502px
>>54354598
>>
>>54358389
You do not have a list of 1,000 engagements a single primarch has been fighting at the front line in. So why should I give you a real soldier that has?
>>
File: Umaru Legions.jpg (459KB, 1770x1064px) Image search: [Google]
Umaru Legions.jpg
459KB, 1770x1064px
>>54341001

Have some nug-marines
>>
>>54358446

I don't need to list every single engagement Primarchs have served in because Word of God has stated that they have. What do you have, besides butthurt?
>>
>>54358446
I hope you're being stupid on purpose.
>>
>>54358499
>Word of God has stated that they have

[citation needed]

>What do you have, besides butthurt?

Over what? You're the one who started this whole thing bitching about how primarchs surviving is stupid, yet you defend that adamantly.
>>
>>54357959
That is also a tad idiotic given Astartes die all the time and it makes all the people NOT Space Marines or Primarchs completely irrelevant, but the largest problem is a narrative one.

Basically, everyone else doesn't matter, because they win everything and the writers will grant them however much power is is needed to win everything, so your entire character pool of "effective individuals" is reduced to 18 guys and Empy. Hence the story reduces itself to a wrestling league/soap opera and ignores all the other amazing things about the setting, as well as all the Primarchs projecting the Tau Trademark Retardo Field that turns anyone opposing them into a complete idiot not able to use tactics.

Also, it quite clearly states when Magnus does his Lascannon stunt that it fucked him right up and a lot of Primarchs have been hurt by far less, so not only is it inconsistent it's blindingly obvious the writers just pulled it out their asses to go "look! Cool thing! Don't you like the cool dudes doing cool things?"

Their tactical aspects are also consistently reduced to comic book tier "He gave orders, everyone started winning" too, so that's not really used.
It takes the awesome variety and scale of the setting and renders it completely irrelevant other than picking corpses for the scenic bases, which results in somewhat salty people like that Mech dude who never seem to get a win despite seemingly using more and better tactics than the heroes.

It's the old "Antagonists act, protagonists react" thing, except the reaction is distilled into a few sentences of"PRIMARCH SMASH" ad nauseam.

In terms of lore, punching out Titans is idiotic because at no point have they shown the ability to do anything LIKE that, and in fact have been severely endangered by lesser weapons frequently. They're tough, yes, but have been fairly consistent in not being THAT tough until that moment.
>>
>>54358419
>Also, how about we don't put the primarchs to the front lines in every single engagement?

See, here's your problem. And, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you're a guardfag, because it's usually guardfags who have this problem.

Your problem is that instead of appreciating the setting for what it is, you're jumping through hoops to mold it into being what you want it to be. Guardfags always want Warhammer 40K to be WW1/WW2 in space, but it isn't and it never has been. 40K is and always has been Troy in Space. It's a setting where the characters are larger then life and force of personality allows heroes to dash across open fields armed with nothing but swords and not get blown apart by tanks or instantly incinerated by grenades that can wipe out small cities.

So to answer your question, the reason for why the Primarchs aren't generals who spend their time commanding from the back and only fighting when they have to, is that this is 40K and in 40K heroes lead from the front.
>>
>>54358547
>[citation needed]

Scars chapter 13

>Over what? You're the one who started this whole thing bitching about how primarchs surviving is stupid, yet you defend that adamantly.

Nigger what are you talking about? I never made any posts complaining about what the Primarchs have survived.
>>
>>54356007
What are Catachan Devils and Fenrisian Kraken then?
Old Tyranids Codex mentions possible stray fleets.

>>54357959
>>54358148
>thinks 40k is scifi
>>
>>54358421
>If Horus kills the Emperor and Chaos devours the universe it's not going to matter whether some city was spared destruction.
It's only a small step between that and calling on the Chaos Powers to ensure the Emperor's victory.

>Guilliman
>Doing his duty
Pick one.
>>
>>54358577
So why all the bitching about how it doesn't make sense for primarchs to punch people in a nuke fight? If the alternative doesn't suit you, what exactly do you want?

>this is 40K

No, that >>54357789 is 40k. This is 30k.
>>
>>54358632
>It's only a small step between that and calling on the Chaos Powers to ensure the Emperor's victory.
It isn't, but that's basically what every legion did. As soon as the Heresy broke out everyone reinstated their psykers and ignored Nikea to fight daemons and things turned out just fine in that respect.
>>
>>54358555
>Basically, everyone else doesn't matter, because they win everything

The most common complaint about narratives in any story, and also the most fallacious.

That the ultimate outcome is predetermined does not mean that the story can not have tension. That you know that all 18 Primarchs will survive until their pre-ordained deaths doesn't mean that the captains and the sergeants and regular marines around them won't.

I just got done reading Scars and Path of Heaven, and it was a riveting tale, because 90% of the characters were OC Donut Steel marines but not Primarchs- so the bulk of each story was about the drama between those characters. By the end about 75% of them are dead, but the story leading up to those finales was great.

So your problem is not with the narrative. Your problem is that the writers can't stop centering their stories around the PoV of the Primarchs, rather then using the Primarchs as the catalyst that all the other events and characters are centered around.
>>
>>54358661

(you)
>>
>>54358577
>Guardfags always want Warhammer 40K to be WW1/WW2 in space, but it isn't and it never has been
The Horus Heresy Black Books are WW1/WW2 in space. The grittier tone is part of 30k's appeal.
>>
>>54358724
I don't recall Patton dropping a moon on Berlin but ok.
>>
>>54358760
>in space
>>
>primarch can punch a titan
>but can't punch each other
>yet a sword can kill one
>inb4 "it's a magical sword"
>fight a thousand engagements at the front lines for hundreds of years, yet never, ever has anyone used a magical gun or a sword on them before
>you can poison one with a magical poison
>yet at no time has anyone else used magical poison against them for hundreds of years, through a thousand engagements
>>
>>54358802
>it's supposed to be a realistic portrayal of war with some sci-fi concepts
>hey what about this thing that belongs no where near anything trying be realistic
>IT'S IN SPACE THOUGH
>>
Did you guys forget that there used to be 20 Primarchs? It's hevily implied at least one died in the Ragandan war
>>
>>54358699
>Your problem is that the writers can't stop centering their stories around the PoV of the Primarchs
Except most of the novels the story is being told from the point of view of a human or space marine, rarely a Primarch. In fact the human perspective not only plays a big part in the novels, but the human characters are also shown to be just as important as the space marines and primarchs.
>>
>>54359016
You mean 21 right anon?
>>
Thinking of going to the ebay russiamen for 30k mechanicum...h-how much for a low point army of myrmidons and castellax is good?
>>
>>54359081
>not 22
>>
>>54359081
>>54359111
>not 19+the population of the alpha legion
>>
>>54359111
>22
What did you mean by this?
>>
>>54359168
The number 'twixt twenty-one and twenty-three, it is twice eleven.
>>
File: alpha-omega-sigma.png (553KB, 1366x688px) Image search: [Google]
alpha-omega-sigma.png
553KB, 1366x688px
>>54359168
>Alpha
>Omega
>Sigmar
>>
>>54358699
Yeah, that works too, but given that the writers will not stop setting 9/10 books as Primarch X Doing Stuff, then odds are poor for improvement on the future.

>>54359044

Except they're not in anything but name, because unless you're a Princeps or something you're not going to batter through enough plot armour to do anything to the 18 "Troy style heroes" who also apparently are only disliked because they should be background characters instead. Bit inconsistent.

>>54358847

This. It doesn't make sense on any real level other than Solid Plot, even if you accept that the enemy would never resort to just nuking them or something.
>>
>>54357959
>To do this for 300 straight years, and not a SINGLE Primarch was ever killed in action
The crusade lasted about 200 years, and [REDACTED] did die at Rangda
>>
>>54359666
>and [REDACTED] did die at Rangda
Post proofs.
>>
>>54359775
In the next thread.
Which is this one
>>54359808
>>54359808
>>54359808
>>
>>54358680
>and things turned out just fine in that respect.
Yeah, because Dorn fortified the Emperor into a chair before the Big E had a chance to learn of the edicts breaking and order the establishment of some new censure hosts.
Thread posts: 359
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.