[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to handle the PCs being mind controlled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1496144799546.jpg (23KB, 330x347px) Image search: [Google]
1496144799546.jpg
23KB, 330x347px
Should I just take over there character if they can't resist it? Or do I let them roleplay it out?
>>
Do you trust them to play it properly?
>>
I usually let players work it out for themselves. Explicitly remind them that their goals and motivations have now changed. Offer suggestions on what they might do.
>>
>>54316111
I trust some, but not others. I guess I'll target my better players first, and hope the others will learn by example.
>>
I only ever let the teamkilling fucktards of the group get mind controlled, because they always have a grudge against one of the other players and they're always ready to dish out some damage if they have a golden opportunity.

Play to the strengths, not against them.
>>
>>54317433
This is a good idea. It can be an opportunity for more fun instead of an annoyance if you play your cards right.
>>
>>54316078

Soft mind control works best, in my experience. Instead of just taking away their agency entirely, offer them a hard choice- Comply with the narrative of the mental influence, or suffer mechanical penalties of some sort.

They can play along, perhaps trying to exploit the wording of the influence to still do the right thing, or they can struggle against it but have a harder time as a result. Either can be interesting.

Then again? Make sure it's something your players like the idea of. Some groups fucking hate anything to do with mind control.
>>
>>54317494
>>Soft mind control works best, in my experience. Instead of just taking away their agency entirely, offer them a hard choice- Comply with the narrative of the mental influence, or suffer mechanical penalties of some sort.

This. You can resist the mind control but you take damage doing so. On the other hand you could offer a reward of sorts, ie comply with the control and get extra xp or something. Better yet use both approaches.
>>
>>54316078
Depends how mind controlled they are.

If it's total and absolute then you control them and possibly tell them what happens if they're meant to remember.

If it's less absolute then you tell them what they have to do and they get some leeway in how they do it to minimise the damage they do to innocents/the party/the mission etc.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.