[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tyranid 1500 poinst critique

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: tyranids.png (674KB, 708x502px) Image search: [Google]
tyranids.png
674KB, 708x502px
Sup /tg/, this is the first draft of a tournament 1500pts tyranid list I want to build

General aim is to create a highly mobile army with the trygon and devil gaunts being able to suprise buttsex a problematic enemy unit once per game.

What do you guys think?

PS: is there any poinst efficient shooting in the tyranid list or should I just concentrate on assault?

TYRANIDS 1500 POINTS

HQ [ 1 ]

The Swarmlord (300pts)

TROOPS [ 3 ]

Termagants x30 (240pts)
> Devourers x30

Termagants x30 (120pts)
> Fleshborers

Tyranid Warriors x3 (5pts)
> Adrenal Glands
> Bone Swords
> Scything Talons

ELITES [ 1 ]

Deathleaper (90pts)

FAST ATTACK [ 3 ]

Raveners x 6 (156pts)
> Spinefists
> Scything Talons

Raveners x 6 (156pts)
> Spinefists
> Scything Talons

Tyranid Shrikes x3 (93pts)
> Adrenal Glands
> Bone Swords
> Scything Talons

HEAVY SUPPORT [ 2 ]

Carnifex (92pts)
> Adrenal Glands
> Monstrous ScyTals

Trygon (180pts)
> Adrenal Glands
> Bioelectric Pulse
> Massive ScyTals
> Toxinspike
>>
>>54314151
How are you using the swarmlord in this army? He is best suited to flinging himself or genestealers across the field.
Also tyranids have exceptional shooting with the exocrine and biovores that few want to miss out on.
>>
>>54314327
The Swarmlord is included to add a turn 1 charge threat; would a different HQ be more suited to this list?

I like the biovores, but the exocrine seems hella expensive at 228 points...
>>
>>54314151
Explain how you intend to kill tanks and aircraft.
>>
>>54314151
>using characters and superheavies at 1500 pts.
>>
>>54314151
just take 45 genestealers, 2 broodlords and a trygon
>>
>>54314908
>No superheavies in that list at all
>Every HQ choice in every army is a character
>>
>>54314884
Huge Issue. Considering dropping in forgeworld stonecrusher carnifex to help with vehicles. Tyrannofex with rupture cannon seems overcosted considering BS4+

>>54314908
Swarmlord might be a bit much, but Deathleaper is there to deal with problem support characters such as crypteks and techpriests

>>54314929
in all seriousness how effective would genestealers be from a Trygon considering they cant take adrenal glands?
>>
>>54314982
Put your swarmlord in a tyrannocyte and have hive drop next to the genestealers as they come up and use his magic powers to make them move in the shooting phase for a guaranteed turn 1 change.
>>
>>54315066
Also hive guard are fucking great.
>>
>>54315068
That's > 800 points investment just for a turn 1 charge, seems difficult to justify. I can only target 1 squad on the charge, they can fall back in their turn and then I have to hope they dont have enough shots to reduce my trygon and swarmie to uselessness.
>>
>>54314935
>No superheavies in that list at all

and / or should I have said
>>
>>54315134
impaler cannons or shock cannons?
>>
>>54314465
Swarmlord is great in the 1500+ point range so he can stay. You just have to remember to abuse his movement rules to charge 42 inches. Exocrine is probably not best as such a low point list but biovores can be slotted in pretty well. Also you should be very worried about synapse as you only have the shrikes and the swarmlord.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.